Gemini Wars PC

6.5

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Got this game on sale, it was a great finding (never heard about it before).
    It has a couple of minor glitches, but I'm finding it very entertaining so far. Played a couple of missions on skirmish before to get the feel of it, and only then did I start the campaign.
    The first campaign missions begin a bit slowly, but then everything goes up, including the scale of combat.
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    Very nice game, albeit a bit hard to get around and controls don't always respond as they should. I found myself enjoying myself with this one, and any game I stick with more than an hour must have something going for it.
    I do think it will take many patches, and updates to make this a truly glitch free adventure, and many glitches it has, I'd say this is more a beta, than a completed game. Much polish is needed and hopefully patches will will be frequent, then this should be a very fine game.
    All in all I am impressed with I've played thus far, and would recommend it to others once it is a *finished game.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    While the Steam release brings multiplayer and skirmishing, it feels like a patch job rather than an improvement. The campaign is just as good as it was, but skirmish, at least, is painful.
  4. Aug 24, 2012
    I didn't know about this game until a few days ago. After checking out a few gameplay videos and trailers I decided to give it a go. It was a very nice surprise. It could have a bit more strategic depth, but it's a great game nonetheless.
  5. Jul 1, 2012
    The game is a diamond in the rough. The Campaign is challenging and there are some nice details but it's a shame that it has so many bugs. glitches and such an unbalanced gameplay. I recommend buying it but only after they release some major patches...
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    Well I'm glad I got this at a discount. I was disappointed in the whole game. Yes it was very buggy, the ships moved like snails in frozen molasses in wintertime. Combat was tedious, Capital ships were not capital ships. I had more use from the frigates than I did from the destroyers. The destroyers had only 40 hit points more than a frigate, wow, with the destroyers only doing 2-4Well I'm glad I got this at a discount. I was disappointed in the whole game. Yes it was very buggy, the ships moved like snails in frozen molasses in wintertime. Combat was tedious, Capital ships were not capital ships. I had more use from the frigates than I did from the destroyers. The destroyers had only 40 hit points more than a frigate, wow, with the destroyers only doing 2-4 points of damage per shot it's gonna take a while to kill stuff. With the ships moving so slow? Oh wow. If you like sitting in front of your computer for hours watching ships move off and attack on there own, or attack after they are given a Move order. I wish I could get my money back. This game isn't going to stay on my system for long. Collapse

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Overall a bad game. No pleasure at all in playing it even if you're a huge fan of space RTS.
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    As much as I love playing a good RTS game, this isn't one of them. Too many things hold it back from being enjoyable and standing out in a crowd.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    A solid enough effort, but pacing issues and a sense of obsolescence leave it firmly in 'if you like that sort of thing' camp. [Sept 2012, p.63]