Gemini Wars PC

6.5

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Got this game on sale, it was a great finding (never heard about it before).
    It has a couple of minor glitches, but I'm finding it very entertaining so far. Played a couple of missions on skirmish before to get the feel of it, and only then did I start the campaign.
    The first campaign missions begin a bit slowly, but then everything goes up, including the scale of combat.
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    Very nice game, albeit a bit hard to get around and controls don't always respond as they should. I found myself enjoying myself with this one, and any game I stick with more than an hour must have something going for it.
    I do think it will take many patches, and updates to make this a truly glitch free adventure, and many glitches it has, I'd say this is more a beta, than a completed game. Much polish is needed and hopefully patches will will be frequent, then this should be a very fine game.
    All in all I am impressed with I've played thus far, and would recommend it to others once it is a *finished game.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    While the Steam release brings multiplayer and skirmishing, it feels like a patch job rather than an improvement. The campaign is just as good as it was, but skirmish, at least, is painful.
  4. Aug 24, 2012
    I didn't know about this game until a few days ago. After checking out a few gameplay videos and trailers I decided to give it a go. It was a very nice surprise. It could have a bit more strategic depth, but it's a great game nonetheless.
  5. Jul 1, 2012
    The game is a diamond in the rough. The Campaign is challenging and there are some nice details but it's a shame that it has so many bugs. glitches and such an unbalanced gameplay. I recommend buying it but only after they release some major patches...
  6. Dec 31, 2012
    Beyond the numerous issues with bugs, pathfinding, stupid AI and frustrating mechanics, the basic fact is that the game cheats. While some may find this to be fun and challenging, the developers designed the game so that no strategy will work twice. (There are missions where the AI will overrun you in minutes unless you take advantage of weaknesses in the game's programming). While in manyBeyond the numerous issues with bugs, pathfinding, stupid AI and frustrating mechanics, the basic fact is that the game cheats. While some may find this to be fun and challenging, the developers designed the game so that no strategy will work twice. (There are missions where the AI will overrun you in minutes unless you take advantage of weaknesses in the game's programming). While in many games various hacks given to the AI balance out player intuition, the AI in Gemini Wars doesn't even have to use build structures or pay attention to population caps, and it often warps in ships randomly to support it's existing already-overpowered fleet.

I give this game a four on the following terms:
    The game is a good idea, and it's always nice to see something new in strategy, especially with a campaign. However, along the second half of the game, the opponent changes (the gark) and the game becomes, in all honesty, stupid. I'm irritated beyond belief with the game, and intend on uninstalling it.

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Overall a bad game. No pleasure at all in playing it even if you're a huge fan of space RTS.
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    As much as I love playing a good RTS game, this isn't one of them. Too many things hold it back from being enjoyable and standing out in a crowd.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    A solid enough effort, but pacing issues and a sense of obsolescence leave it firmly in 'if you like that sort of thing' camp. [Sept 2012, p.63]