Gemini Wars PC

6.5

1. Aug 20, 2012
    This guys are the Spartans of rts games, only 3 guys made a game that usually another team of 50 or more and bigger budget would have made. All others should be ashamed, I hope seeing more from these guys!
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    Awesome game. The gameplay is solid. The graphics are good. The storyline is very compelling if not a little predictable. The voice acting is adequate. The only criticism I could offer is that I wish that the GUI was a little more friendly.
  3. Nov 10, 2012
    This is a truly refreshing strategy game from an indie studio. I don't give it a 10, because there are a number of things that could be better. Nonetheless, it's a very fun game to play. Love the story campaign.
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    Excellent game. Love the campaign and the story going along with it. I just with the characters' motivations could be a bit more explored and explained. Skirmish could have more modes too. Other than that, it's a fun and entertaining title.
  5. Aug 21, 2013
    I decided to wait until the end of the campaign to write the review.
    Well I can say that this is a very nice space wargame. It's not a clickfest, and the player has time to plan his moves and manage his forces.
    One thing that could have been better was having special abilities for all ships. Maybe in the sequel?
  6. Jul 9, 2012
    Gemini Wars reminds me of these old school RTS games that had a (real) storyline and objectives, combined with strategic missions.
    I just finished the campaign, and I must say that I'm eagerly waiting for the skirmish mode. Acording to the devs, it's going to be released soon as free DLC.
  7. Aug 5, 2012
    I heard about this indie title and decided to give it a shot.
    It was a great surprise. Even though it has a few flaws, it hardly looks like an indie game at all.
    It comes with a single player campaign with lots of voice acting and cinematics, and skirmish mode with galaxy generator. Even if you're not much into campaigns, it's worth it for the skirmish mode alone.
  8. Sep 1, 2012
    This is a great game that mixes gameplay and storytelling perfectly.
    The strategy level look simple at first, but this is one of those cases "more than meets the eye".
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    Gemini wars is definitely for an indie game is incredibly ambitious, indeed at the time of playing this, there are flaws (Small bugs with construction, cringe worthy voice acting to name a couple, being unable to save in skirmishes) however at the same time, the potential with a few patches and expansions is there. So Overall, it's a good space based RTS which has charm but needs to improve.
  10. Sep 22, 2013
    Got this game with discount, well it was a great purchase. It's not a perfect game, as some things could have been improved, but it's very entertaining. If the devs do a sequel improving these things, they'll have a powerful game in their hands.
    I recommend giving it a try.

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Overall a bad game. No pleasure at all in playing it even if you're a huge fan of space RTS.
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    As much as I love playing a good RTS game, this isn't one of them. Too many things hold it back from being enjoyable and standing out in a crowd.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    A solid enough effort, but pacing issues and a sense of obsolescence leave it firmly in 'if you like that sort of thing' camp. [Sept 2012, p.63]