7.8

1. Oct 25, 2012
    It wasn't a very good game. The gameplay is average for an indie platformer or I suppose by now I could just say indie game since they're almost all platformers anyways. You get stuck regularly on their inane puzzles and the 'twist' to the game isn't done any better than other better games like Trine, Inversion, or even Outlands all of which feature switching the characters and/or world and do so in a more interesting way. The story is near nonexistent and is nothing new just trying to save your sister or some **** like that.

The graphics and music are both decent and well polished but they don't make up for the mediocre game. The game also felt like a very lazy console port which was disappointing. I can't recommend this game to anybody as if you're looking for a good indie platformer there are countless better games.
  2. Feb 2, 2013
    A confusing amalgam of cotton candy fairy tale visuals and "8-bit hard" gameplay. I purchased this game based on the intriguing visuals and interesting mechanic (ability switching) showcased in the trailer. I was surprised to discover that plot had been completely thrown out (magic portal sucks sisters into fantasy land...and GO!). I had expected something more from a game that seemed to be trying so hard to create a stylistic visual world. At its best, it worked for the first 5 levels. The controls weren't ideal, they felt a bit 'loose'. Hit zones felt off, I had trouble determining exactly how close I could brush against enemies, this issue was compounded by the fact that each enemy has 2 forms. Then level 1-6 happens. You realize that the developers now fancy this game as a tight, die-until-you-get-it-right, ninja-fingers test of controller mastery. The only problems are the controls AREN'T tight, the visuals provide so much interference with the tasks and the completion of segments provide no satisfaction. This game has no "easy" mode. If you can't hack it, you'd better just uninstall it. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    If you like pressing combinations like jump, switch dimension, jump-glide, switch dimension with exact timing this might be a game for you. I got tired after an hour.

1. May 7, 2013
    Twisted Dreams is as old school as it gets. It’s also long and offers some additional modes for really hardcore gamers who should like Black Forest’s platformer. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.73]
  2. Feb 1, 2013
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams may provide a few hours of polished puzzle-platforming, but don't be surprised if you ultimately end up estranged.[March 2013, p.65]
  3. Jan 19, 2013
    Fans of the Giana Sisters likely Kickstarted this game, thus earning a copy of it in the process. However, for those who don't already own a copy, there's no way that I can recommend it without it weighing on my conscience. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is simply not worth the time.