7.9

1. Jul 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Review Deleted
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    0 just because this game was made by hirez one of the worst sh never see in my life, they bring a game and they let it going down slowly without giving any kind of support before ga now tribes, the worsty unbalanced game they did is smite and seems its going good but it still a unbalanced game.
  3. Feb 23, 2013
    This game is just awesome. I know this review is way to late but who cares. This game is one of the best games Ive ever played. Its well balanced its challenging and its was totally worth the 30$ 3 years ago. I hope Global Agenda 2 will as amazing as its predecessor.
  4. Jan 20, 2013
    Don't even bother. On top of the fact that I did not like this game for what it was advertised (It is not an MMO, more like a third person Team Fortress 2), the developers have abandoned it. The last patch was September 30th 2011. Very few people play it as well anymore.
  5. Dec 17, 2012
    Hi-Rez abandoned this game in favor of working on Tribes:Ascend, which they in turn abandoned to work on SMITE, which will also probably get dropped for GA2. Everything about this game is at best average. Athough they advertise it as a MMO, everything is super instanced including the single hub town making it feel more like TF2 in space with a visual lobby. PvE content consists of tutorial zones, timed instances where higher difficulties yield better rewards for completion, and hourly raids which were survival against waves and then a boss. PvP matchmaking was really terrible and the gameplay was basically TF2 with less hats. No updates for over a year and then the devs sent out a survey email about a GA2, effectively killing the game. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2012
    Excited at first
    Played
    Lagged like ****
    Played some more
    Account gets ban
    WTF???
    Rage quit.
    I don't know why people continue to play this (maybe it's their only game?), but it got boring extremely fast.
  7. Jul 29, 2012
    I think GA is a good Free to Play game. Graphics, sounds okay, some similar missions, but the missions are also okay. Only have 3 places, Dome city, where you can take a rest, buy weapons, gears and 2 leveling zone, where you can accept and completing missions. The 1-20 lvl are okay, but when you reach 20 lvl, you can only do the similar pve missions, for ex. defend terminus station, defend newtopia, defend solar farm, escape with bolonov and i didn't really liked this. You need to wait long time for the mercenary pvp matches. I reached lvl 25 and i uninstalled. If you like to do the similar pve and pvp missions with a long waiting time, than this is your game. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    This is the best pvp shooter ever made. Sadly it was HiRez' first game and they wanted to try to make it an mmo. Regardless, nothing can take away from the skill, the speed, the pure fun of 10v10 combat. The maps are great, the balance is decent...an even more pvp-centric GA 2 would put all other class-based shooters to shame, TF2 included.
  9. Jul 3, 2012
    The Game is Very good, They need to increase the world size and fix some nicks and nacks. It would be extremely wise to add more classes and weapons, it seems to dull at the momment with the 4 arch types.
  10. Mar 2, 2012
    The game took a turn for the worst the moment hi-rez started to focus on tribes ascend, you can disregard my entire last review as it is now pointless. Everything about the game being skill oriented is now a lie, its all about the weapons which require zero skill. They upgraded every weapon that had zero skill to use to being the best weapons. All of the previous, skill oriented, weapons in the game now no longer have meaning. In other words they made the weapons that require you to aim to be worthless (except the snipers) and the ones that do not require you to aim to be deadly. I hate to say this but they defined it as a "player skill" oriented game, this is no longer the case after the game went free to play.

Less than 100 players in any given channel at any given time does not make this an mmorpg/tps. The term MMORPG is defined by Richard Garriott (e.g. the terms creator) for ultima online as "Allowing hundreds to thousands of players to connect in a single, persistent, world." Hi-rez defines it by storing stats/characters on their server. What other game, which was one of the first to do so, but didn't have hundreds of players in a channel? Any guesses? No? Well its Diablo 2, which is not defined as an mmog. In other words hi-rez lied about this genre, no more than 20 players at a time in any given instance can be in the same mission, and up to 99 in a single city/free roam channel, this is not hundreds, or thousands, it means it is put into a false genre.

There are better free games on the market, I paid 20 dollars for this game before it was free to play, there was almost no end game, just pvp end game, the same goes for now with one added end game raid zone and a new free roam/quest area. Big deal, its all broken gameplay mechanics developed by developers who have no idea how to fix it nor give a darn trying to. They are too focused on tribes ascend.

My advise, do not waste the money, do not waste the hard drive space, do not try, it ended up in failure. I can relate global agenda to another game people know, another game that failed miserably due to lack of developer support. This game was known as Hellgate: London. Hi-rez would have gone bankrupt a long time ago if they were not receiving funding from the state of Georgia just to sit around screwing up their own products. But hey its their call on what they want to destroy since it is their Intellectual Property.

I give this game a 1 out of 10 simply cause the graphics, albeit outdated, are still somewhat decent, everything else (including the company that made it) is garbage.

Note: This is coming from a high level player with several characters max level who has given the game a year and a half to shape up, it has barely progressed at all, and when it did progress it was in the wrong direction.
  11. Jan 10, 2012
    this game deserves some credit, if you really like games that are action packed, you may like this one but if not you'll probably hate it, its gone free to play and its pretty awesome but i have gone bored of it just like Team fortress 2
  12. Dec 5, 2011
    Alot of people bag on the game for it's lack of huge content or massive maps to wander. Yet they fail to realize that GA is an off shoot from Georgia Inc. which is a buisness oriented company first. Why did they decide to reanimate a classic MMO or Run with the Tribes franchise with Ascend?, maybe because buisness was on the decline and the video game industry was rock solid. Either way, global agenda is a great game and it's FREE to play, but you'll buy the Elite Agent package sooner or later to experiance the whole content. Hi-Rez gets KUDOS here for making a game simular to Tribes 2 with larger models and simplified load outs.It isn't Tribes in the whole sense, but Tribes in spirit just the same. Expand
  13. Dec 2, 2011
    Very innovative, the jetpack. sneek behind enemies, sabotate the sentries... etc. Only: the game is a big joke under level 30. You can't do anything then. I guess much peaple stopped the game beceause of that.
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    One point for each day that the game held my interest. Maybe I just didn't get it? Or is it possible that it's because it plays just like every other MMO on the market? A whole heap of wasted potential.
  15. Oct 9, 2011
    I found this game to be very attractive at first. The world looked great as did the 4 classes. I started out and quickly found that the quest line was very short, reaching the end of the quest line at just level 18. From this its then a case of levelling via pvp or pve content. The PvP content I found to be fun at first and I soon levelled to 24. Then it became a simple case of grinding levels, this I didn't enjoy so purchased the game and then soon after the booster, this meant I was able to level quicker and gain access to loot. At first it is all well and good and I enjoyed the game however I only enjoyed one class and one spec within that class. They have released more PvE content now however the content is not great and I don't find my self wanting to play it is often spent flying around from a to b. I did enjoy the game for a short period but it doesn't have enough to make me want to return to the game. I enjoyed playing for 2 months, I cant see my self buying the booster again or playing a different class. Thus my score 6. Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2011
    Just wanted to give this game a positive bump - it has come a long way in the last year and with the new content that has been added...it has quickly become one of our favorites. It feels very well polished at this point and I would recommend it to those who like Section 8 with a flavor of TF2 in it...it's "free" now...if you didn't like it much a year ago...give it another go and make sure to check out the new "rpg" area you get access to after completing the first desert area missions. PvP still feels fairly balanced - you don't have to have the best gear to be a decent player - just a tad bit of skill and be a team player if your fortunate enough to be in a team that is of the same mind :-) Overall I would say it is a solid 8 ish title now with room for improvement - the last major updates really gave it a boost it needed and also a good point in the right direction. The new content is actually pretty fun and the instances are way more challenging than those encountered in the first area of the game. Check it out. Expand
  17. Sep 30, 2011
    This game is HORRIBLE!!!!! The worst developed MMO I have EVER played.
    I have beta tested games that have hundreds less bugs.

Hi-Rez Studios you should be embarrassed to put your name on such a terrible game, I will forever be cautious when purchasing a game that has anything to do with you.
  18. Aug 28, 2011
    This is a great game! I dont even know where to start but the graphics are really food for free to play and just a great massive multiplayer game to have in you collection! A+
  19. Aug 12, 2011
    Global Agenda offers great gameplay and alot of nice class based PvP.The PvE is quite okay too but didnt motivate me much.I went to the level cap(lvl50) almost only through PvP and really enjoyed it that there was no PvE grind needed.The PvP missions through the matchmaking award you all the epic items you need and also give very decent exp.
    The only problems i saw in this game were the
    poorly optimized engine which resulted in an surprisingly high need of hardware power for an unreal 3 engine game and the low user numbers which resulted in long waiting times in the matchmaking queue Expand
  20. Aug 4, 2011
    Really, a great mmo.
    Its a game that you can play for many hours.
    But unfortunatly, like most games, it gets very bored after a while.
    But still instaal this game now for free!
  21. Jul 21, 2011
    It's fun, has pretty graphics and fun-to-shoot guns and alI that. But this game used to be a retail game, and now it's free to play. I'm glad I only got it when it was free to play because while I did enjoy it, it's not the kind of game I would want to pay for, PvE could be considered a long-ass tutorial in a desert, and then you just into PvP for the rest of the game, people compare the PVP to TF2, but I didn't really see how this was the most enjoyable part. For a game that's free it,s good, it might even be great, but it's not the kind of game I'd be glad I payed for. Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2011
    This is a great game. I started playing when it went Free to play on steam as many people did and I ended up buying the "elite" version just a few days later. Its great because you get a unlimited and (mostly) unrestricted trial basically, the only restrictions are you cant trade (to prevent gold / item farming). The game is awesome, the graphics are great, the mechanics of flying with a jet pack in combat is great. Some people dont like the only other freely travel zone besides the "Dome" is the desert with mish that bring you from lvl 5-18 (out of 50). Honestly the things it has you do in the desert is really just the most elaborate tutorial ever! It makes you learn how to play your class solo before you go jump into PVP where it really matters. After the desert you can still do PVE mish in instances with 4 other people you go through the lvl and kill a boss and get rewards. Free players get no loot but get tokens, coins, and exp. Elite players (a one time $14 fee) get a item, double xp, double coins, and double tokens. So it speeds it up alot but you are never really required to get it. I got it because it is inexpensive and it makes the lvling go much faster and that to me is enjoyable. But what makes this game different is it has PVP starting at lvl 10 which, if your good at it (or score well), will level you faster than PVE matches. So while your enjoying the end game reward of PVP you are also leveling up to the max lvl 50. The only difference between a lvl 30 and 50 player is the kind of equipment you can equip. between level 1 and 30 you get 13 skill points and once you hit 30 your player is as "buffed" as it can be besides from armor. Overall its a great game that holds my interest since its basically all PVP. The PVP is almost EXACTLY that same as TF2 except it is much deeper. TF2 was very easy and shallow, this game is deeper, it has 100% more strategy, and for me more incentive to play. Think of TF2, better looking, with harder PVP, more maps and options, and that in between matches you get to walk around, talk to other ppl, buy and sell items (from NPC or other players if your elite) dye your armor, and just customize your play style. Expand
  23. Jun 27, 2011
    What can I say, despite all the problems I have with the game I still put 300 hours into it B4 my agency collapsed and I rage-quit along with everyone else. Since the recent F2P release on steam I have re-installed for some good old noob-stomping
  24. Jun 23, 2011
    Enjoyable and fun at long last an rpg that ticks boxes...I think this game has great potential and I hope more people discover this refreshingly playable game.
  25. Jun 21, 2011
    The game would have potential, if servers weren't always full and you were not forced to buy every upgrade. Free game, yeah right. Can't believe Steam is pushing this game.
  26. Jun 19, 2011
    Worst ever download from steam. After I register to play I was put in a que for 40mins and still could not play the game unless i paid for elite pack!
  27. Jun 18, 2011
    I was finished with this game with in 6 days, the game is nice and fun but once you get level 17, the game slows down to a near stop, repetitive is a normal thing in games these days but this game takes it to a whole new level, once you hit level 17, 18, the only things you can do is dungeon missions, over and over and over, getting very and I mean very little exp for them, even if you have a paid account, it'll take you a week, week and a half, to get all the classes to a level 17 or 18 and it'll take you just as long to get to level 19, 20 if not longer, doing the same thing over and over and over and over, there is only a couple hands full of real missions, where you load into a world where players run around freely doing real missions, the rest is PVP, PVE, normal boring sad attempt at extending the game play, Crashing, wow, this game is very unstable, I've yet to play one day yet where I didn't crash at the very least 2 to 3 times, so basically after you've hit level 17, the game boils down to, shoot your way to a boss, kill him, get very little exp, do this three times, each boss/map changes slightly, then do it again and again until your a level 18 and either keep doing that or try to kill three new bosses, pretty much the same just a bit harder or try your best a player vs player or capture flag, the normal generic player vs player game modes, nothing worth wild, have a paid account and you might level slightly faster but not fast enough to be worth the money.

Despite all that, the game has a lot of potential, Graphics are acceptable, though could use some work, animations seem good, action is acceptable though VERY repetitive, that would be alright, if there was six time the number of bad guys currently in this game.

If I had to list the number of things this game need to really hit it off here is that list.

1. First of and for most, add more world maps like Sonoran Desert Zone, a lot more, at the very least, 25 more, 55 if you really want to make the game worth wild.
    2. Raise the level cap to 80 to 120, adding more skills.
    3. More armors, more weapons, more well, every thing.
    4. NPC that actual speak, instead of having to read, Live played this and haven't read on mission's info just clicked accept and followed to the area marked on the map, I'd stay and listen to what the NPC said if the spoke.
    5. until above is added, lower the price from $20 to $10 and more then cut the prices of bonus packs or triple the length of they last.
    6. More crafting.
    7. more missions then just shoot your way to the last room and kill some bid dud, some boss.
    8. Add more missions to Sonoran Desert, at the very least, 15 more, though 25 is a better number.
    9. The ability to earn agent points with out having to spend real money.

What would make the game better but is not completely needed,
    1. more classes.
    2. vehicles or a whole new level of jetpacks.
    3. more color choices, more shades of colors in the creation of your charr.
    4. More hair choices.
    5. Base creating that you only have to worry about NPCs attacking.
    6. Zombies, that's nearly a requirement these days for games and I'd love to shoot me some zombies in GA.

I haven't read to much into it but it sounds like this game is not even near done, though if it is, then you might as well stop now and throw it away and start over and only release it after you've added what I've said above.

I say, its worth playing for those first two weeks, after that, your just hanging on, hoping they release a HUGE patch, that's what I'll be doing, the game has enough potential to keep me waiting for something more but I'll wait to spend any money on this game until the nearly double the content this game currently has.
  28. Jun 14, 2011
    This game is by no means perfect, but it is great for a f2p title. Many lag and bug issues have been resolved since beta and sub versions, and though many remain, the dev team hirez is pretty well dedicated to resolving them on a regular basis. They just opened the micro pay system which isn't very elaborate yet, but they are clearly trying to figure out a lean model by which to start seeing profits for further dev of this and the studio's tribes reboot. Most importantly, it is not pay to win. Cash can be spent to speed up leveling a bit, or for visual flair. The game has a lot of options, though not a lot of visual variety (or rare flair yet, but give them time to cycle new stuff in) and a few different builds for each class which one can experiment with. Aside from co op pve and pvp modes, most often overlook the SOLO PVE mode, which is hugely challenging in the upper levels. Don't listen to any of the straight negative reviews on here, all the red ones are trolls and people who gave the game 20 minutes and gave up cuz they are f2p 'gurus' or something. Expect bugs, it's still being updated. Expect a real challenge, and a co-op that requires your teammates to play well. Ignore the random parties, and make some friends, it will make all the difference. If you all play your roles as teammates correctly the payoff is a much faster, efficient and less deadly mission series ripe with diverse mob spawns and industrial crushing devices. Honestly give this game a try, the total tally is 241 positive to 36 negative user reviews. Trust the ones who put in 200 hours and love it. This game is the business. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2011
    If you want to play a game that has VERY little content rips you off their premium "boosts" then this is the game for you. If you want to join one of THE WORST GAMES with the WORST playerbase then this is the game for you. If you want to mention another game to a friend in a private message they will chat ban you for forever no matter how much you have money you have spent as I was stupid enough to buy the game back when it came out and buy a booster. The playerbase is horrid a bunch of immature kids who just scream and cuss over the mic constantly and the city chat is filled with obscene language racial language and even much worse. If you are thinking about playing this game take my advice don't play it don't install it and for the love of god don't give them any of your money. Collapse
  30. May 8, 2011
    The "persistent world" everyone keeps talking about is very small. You can walk end to end in minutes. The single player missions are either fedex quests or kill X number of mobs. After 16-17 level, the game becomes a waiting room for multi player maps. In other words, it's NOT an MMO. If I wanted to play 4x4 PvP, there are MUCH better choices out there. There just isn't any content for the game. Expand
  31. Apr 26, 2011
    First off IT"S FREE, so that alone should get it more points than some of the people here are giving it.

Secondly, objectivity seems to be an issue here. This is not an RPG this is not an MMO this is not a FPS, it is a little bit of all those. If you'd stop trying to define what the game is and how it doesn't fit those categories you'd probably have more fun with the game.

And Third...
    Go try it if you like team based FPS games with some light RPG/Adventure/Customization elements. It's FREE!!!!!

The main focus of this game seems to be team based combat. There are more than enough variation of team vs all and team vs team combat that it doesn't matter what you like, you should be able to find something here. The match making is easy and painless. You can venture around while waiting for your game to queue, which I've never had to wait more than a few minutes.

There are light RPG elements. You can do some basic customizations with "skill points", kind of like how WOW does it. You can reassign these points at any time in the normal world, but in missions you can't at all. This is nice because unlike other games, if you feel you'd rather take back a point or reassign it other places, you can without penalty. This allows you to always be playing a character you don't regret.

There is armor, weapons, customizations, etc. There is enough stuff so that you aren't the same as everyone else, but it's just like all the other MMO type games out there, you will look like most people. The nice thing I like here is that your armor and how you look is completely seperate. So if you really like one "outfit/suite/Helmet" you don't have to give it up to have better armor. I always hated that in other games when I had to give up a look I liked so that I could survive.

Jetpacks make it easy to travel. Which is nice that you don't have to buy the pack

Adventure. This isn't WOW or anything else like that. The adventure is pretty linear, and you don't have to do it. It's really only there for people that care about storylines and adventuring. Again, you don't have to do this part, but if you do you'll get "free" armor/weapons/items.

Combat is nothing really new, which ISN'T A BAD THING. It takes most of what everyone (including the developers previous games "Tribes") did that worked and used it again. It's fun to play if you like team based FPS action.

There isn't anything wrong with this game. Everything they do, they do it well. It's really more about whether or not you like this type of game. And since it's FREE you don't have any reason to not go and try it.
  32. Feb 16, 2011
    This game kicks A**! I bought it for $7.50 off Steam on one of their one day specials b/c the reviews were good and what the heck, if it sucked I'm out under $10. But I would be happy w/ this purchase if I would have paid the full $29.99. It's an intense shooter w/ various classes that are all extremely important to the game. The action is great. It has a variety of things you can do and is deep. Expand
  33. Feb 6, 2011
    Global Agenda has all the element that should make for a good game. Problem is, that's exactly the way the game feels - like someone made a list of elements that need to be in an MMO, then mechanically ticked through them. There is no "joie de vivre" in this game. All of the art, all of the landscape, all of the gameplay feels like a committee wrote it, each member adding whatever element they were assigned, simply because that's their job. I don't feel the passion of the developer shining through in any aspect of this game. Magical "whoa - that's cool" moments are few and far between. Expand
  34. Jan 4, 2011
    Global Agenda, is a different than usual game type, a game type that many people have not had any experience with: MMOFPS. This game genre is a very new with several contenders falling from the race such as All points bulletin. Global Agenda attempts and succeeds where others fail, by combining elements of FPS games and RPG's. This is where it comes into conflict with many players, as FPS players think that it is going and should be faster pace, with things like headshots implemented. On the other hand RPG players may find the features in this game to random, relying more on the players skill than mastering the abilities. If you get into the dramatically different (and refreshing) gameplay, you will find that it is a very immersive game, perhaps the only problem is the clear lack of a story, but this is slowly being implemented with the new expansions. The first one Sandstorm introduced a open world area, with missions and a background story to boot. Missions can be divided into two types PvE (player vs AI opponents, similar to dungeons or wave based defenses) or the classic shooter PvP (player vs player). PvE, while playing a large part, tends to take a backseat to the amazing PvP. For the first 29 levels the game, slowly intorduces you into each type of mission, but once you hit level 30, the game takes a change. AvA (agency vs agency) is another addition to the PvP world, similar to other MMO's guild vs guild. Agencies fight over control of territories on a board (the territories are called hexes) and at the end of the session of the AvA whichever agency has the most points win. There is much more depth to the game, but that would make this review too long.
    The classes in this game consist of four types, Assault, Robotics, Medic, and Recon. When the game first came out there was and definite imbalance in the number of classes. Each class has the option to spec out several different ways. Assault for example, can focus on, AoE's, tanking, or ranged damage. This game many times has been likened to TF2 in the role of the classes, and this is true to some extent. Assaults are the, heavies, soldiers and demomen. Medics act as more of the original team fortress medic, being able to poison opponents, and heal friends. Robotics fills the role of engineer. Recons take the spy, sniper and scout role. Now that time has past for the most part there is a reasonable balance of classes.
    In the end Global Agenda is a new game type that people should try before buying, luckily there is a free trial that lets you play to level fifteen. If you find it to your liking, then buy the full game as you will fall in love with it. This game remains one of my favourite and is by far one of the most innovative.
  35. Dec 29, 2010
    This game is just awful, I'll admit I was taken in at first by the cool looks and decent gameplay but after about 2 hours I was just mad. The PvP missions are just ridiculously bland and the whole system is lacking for the things that would make this a real MMORPG. If this game wasn't on sale in steam I would be extremely angry for the fact that I just wasted money on something I'd never play. If you're an MMORPG fan looking for a new/exciting MMORPG turn around and run away. You might aswell buy a gun and repeatedly shoot yourself because that would be truely more fun than this POS.... Expand
  36. Nov 4, 2010
    Global Agenda is a great game on the verge of amazing. What makes it great, is the developer. Hi-Rez Studios is extremely dedicated to making a great game that will not only make them money, but that will satisfy us customers, a rare trait today. At first GA was supposed to be subscription based to unlock the entire game. Hi-Rez didn't charge the subscription until the big update (Sandstorm) was available. Hi-Rez felt it unfair to charge extra for GA in its current state because the game didn't have the content that players expected (A bold move for Hi-Rez). Then Hi-Rez, being dedicated to their fans, released a survey asking what payment plan people prefer. Pay to play? Micro transactions? Buy once and then pay for expansions? Turns out people, myself included, voted for the buy once option. Hi-Rez listened and made the adjustments. So far Hi-Rez has a made a solid game, produced many patches, released big updates (other than just Sandstorm), and has never charged anymore than the original price. Hi-Rez is attempting to make this method work much like Guild Wars. The consumer buys the game and plays it. There are also options to buy "boosts" that will boost the amount of rewards you earn after battle (xp, money, tokens).

I've said so much about the developer, but it should be understood that the game itself is also very good. The shooting mechanics aren't what you'll find in other shooters simply because Hi-Rez wanted a balance between the skill of a player and the rpg, number crunching aspect of the player's character. Amazing reload animations aren't extremely important because it's third person and not a part of the action (ammo is reliant on energy not rounds of bullets). However, movement animations are great and everything is smooth and natural feeling.

Whether the game is a true persistent mmo or not doesn't matter. You can trade with people, play with people, and talk with people. It has all the social aspects of a traditional mmo. There is crafting, pve coop missions, a pve story (included with Sandstorm update), pvp, and Agency vs Agency pvp. The game seems limiting in it's gameplay modes, but once explored there is a lot to do. Hi-Rez also released more variety with each update which seems to come every couple of months.

The critics where too hard on this game. Seems some of them where a little butt hurt that a brand new developer could stand in the ranks of legends. But I will say that Global Agenda is so much more than when it first arrived. Elements that where shallow have now been expanded. Elements that were missing have now been implemented. Some elements have even been removed and reinserted with a whole new working. It seems Hi-Rez is accomplishing everything they set out to do with Global Agenda no matter how much effort and time it takes. Some developers understand this. Most don't.
  37. Aug 27, 2010
    Global Agenda is the best online game I have ever played, it got the perfect mix of both worlds, don't let the bad reviews discourage you from getting this game, is cause more likely those people suck at playing and are sore losers, the beauty of this game is not only the new approach to the game but best of all there's no monthly fee, yes that's right, no monthly fee to play, if you don't believe me fine, just Google 'Global Agenda Free Trial' and see how good a game this really is and give it some time to get use to the controls and if you're not that good at playing please don't blame the game instead of being a cry baby, practice and kick some ass. =) Expand
  38. Aug 26, 2010
    Global Agenda is an ambitious MMO 3rd Person Shooter that takes a team based shooter and mixes in RPG and MMO elements. What it sets out to do, it does well. The graphics are solid, controls are seamless with the integration of a jetpack, and the gameplay is addicting. What this game does so well is reward you for your skill at your class. Gear and Levels, while important, are not as crucial to your success as your reactions, aiming and use of skills in real time combat. For those WoW and mmorpg players looking for a change of pace from the Gear > Skill, I can speak from experience that this game is it.

The game does have its flaws. Most of the content is instanced, with cities and other hubs being areas where you find a group to PvP, PvE and AvA (Think PlanetSide in that you are fighting for territory with other "Guilds"). You will enjoy this game far more if you have a few friends to run "dungeons" and quest. GA does have a nice Team finder in the veins of WoW's random dungeon and random battleground finder.

If you are looking for a change of pace game this is it. The content has been vastly updated in recent months and the game no longer requires a monthly subscription to enjoy all content. At just $39 (cheaper if you can get a steam deal or promotion code) this game will provide plenty of enterainment, especially if you play it with some friends.
  39. Aug 14, 2010
    Basically you're looking at a sci-fi wow clone with minus the persistent world. The game is a lobby for pve and pvp instances. You have seen and done this before and it's just as bad as you remember. The pvp gameplay is a clone of TF2. The pve gameplay is like GW/WoW (lobby for pug pve grinding + pve quest zone) Their idea of a persistent world in which players pvp (think PlanetSide) is terrible. It has more in common with a boring chess game than an interactive 3d world.

There are 4 class with 3 trees to specialize in. This allows people to spec their Medic for DPS. Once again we see brainless developers emulating bad ideas.
  40. Jun 2, 2011

1. Jun 1, 2011
    Global Agenda is a good game, with some good ideas that may have been pushed harder by the development team to make it more than a simple hybrid. You will probably enjoy in the beginning and for some time, but the lack of original elements may lead you away from it quite soon.
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    In the world of Global Agenda it's your turn to help the agency to fight the regime of terror: unit with the thousands of other agents and defeat the enemy in various multiplayer battles. And as long as you keep playing the game in multiplayer-mode, it's quite entertaining – but nothing more.
  3. Uninspired levels. [Aug 2010, p.88]