Global Agenda PC

7.9

1. Aug 14, 2010
    Basically you're looking at a sci-fi wow clone with minus the persistent world. The game is a lobby for pve and pvp instances. You have seen and done this before and it's just as bad as you remember.

The pvp gameplay is a clone of TF2. The pve gameplay is like GW/WoW (lobby for pug pve grinding + pve quest zone) Their idea of a persistent world in which players pvp (think PlanetSide) is

The pvp gameplay is a clone of TF2.
    The pve gameplay is like GW/WoW (lobby for pug pve grinding + pve quest zone)

Their idea of a persistent world in which players pvp (think PlanetSide) is terrible. It has more in common with a boring chess game than an interactive 3d world.

There are 4 class with 3 trees to specialize in. This allows people to spec their Medic for DPS. Once again we see brainless developers emulating bad ideas.
  2. Aug 26, 2010
    Global Agenda is an ambitious MMO 3rd Person Shooter that takes a team based shooter and mixes in RPG and MMO elements. What it sets out to do, it does well. The graphics are solid, controls are seamless with the integration of a jetpack, and the gameplay is addicting. What this game does so well is reward you for your skill at your class. Gear and Levels, while important, are not asGlobal Agenda is an ambitious MMO 3rd Person Shooter that takes a team based shooter and mixes in RPG and MMO elements. What it sets out to do, it does well. The graphics are solid, controls are seamless with the integration of a jetpack, and the gameplay is addicting. What this game does so well is reward you for your skill at your class. Gear and Levels, while important, are not as crucial to your success as your reactions, aiming and use of skills in real time combat. For those WoW and mmorpg players looking for a change of pace from the Gear > Skill, I can speak from experience that this game is it.

The game does have its flaws. Most of the content is instanced, with cities and other hubs being areas where you find a group to PvP, PvE and AvA (Think PlanetSide in that you are fighting for territory with other "Guilds"). You will enjoy this game far more if you have a few friends to run "dungeons" and quest. GA does have a nice Team finder in the veins of WoW's random dungeon and random battleground finder.

If you are looking for a change of pace game this is it. The content has been vastly updated in recent months and the game no longer requires a monthly subscription to enjoy all content. At just $39 (cheaper if you can get a steam deal or promotion code) this game will provide plenty of enterainment, especially if you play it with some friends.
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    Global Agenda is the best online game I have ever played, it got the perfect mix of both worlds, don't let the bad reviews discourage you from getting this game, is cause more likely those people suck at playing and are sore losers, the beauty of this game is not only the new approach to the game but best of all there's no monthly fee, yes that's right, no monthly fee to play, if you don'tGlobal Agenda is the best online game I have ever played, it got the perfect mix of both worlds, don't let the bad reviews discourage you from getting this game, is cause more likely those people suck at playing and are sore losers, the beauty of this game is not only the new approach to the game but best of all there's no monthly fee, yes that's right, no monthly fee to play, if you don't believe me fine, just Google 'Global Agenda Free Trial' and see how good a game this really is and give it some time to get use to the controls and if you're not that good at playing please don't blame the game instead of being a cry baby, practice and kick some ass. =) Expand
  4. Nov 4, 2010
    Global Agenda is a great game on the verge of amazing. What makes it great, is the developer. Hi-Rez Studios is extremely dedicated to making a great game that will not only make them money, but that will satisfy us customers, a rare trait today. At first GA was supposed to be subscription based to unlock the entire game. Hi-Rez didn't charge the subscription until the big updateGlobal Agenda is a great game on the verge of amazing. What makes it great, is the developer. Hi-Rez Studios is extremely dedicated to making a great game that will not only make them money, but that will satisfy us customers, a rare trait today. At first GA was supposed to be subscription based to unlock the entire game. Hi-Rez didn't charge the subscription until the big update (Sandstorm) was available. Hi-Rez felt it unfair to charge extra for GA in its current state because the game didn't have the content that players expected (A bold move for Hi-Rez). Then Hi-Rez, being dedicated to their fans, released a survey asking what payment plan people prefer. Pay to play? Micro transactions? Buy once and then pay for expansions? Turns out people, myself included, voted for the buy once option. Hi-Rez listened and made the adjustments. So far Hi-Rez has a made a solid game, produced many patches, released big updates (other than just Sandstorm), and has never charged anymore than the original price. Hi-Rez is attempting to make this method work much like Guild Wars. The consumer buys the game and plays it. There are also options to buy "boosts" that will boost the amount of rewards you earn after battle (xp, money, tokens).

I've said so much about the developer, but it should be understood that the game itself is also very good. The shooting mechanics aren't what you'll find in other shooters simply because Hi-Rez wanted a balance between the skill of a player and the rpg, number crunching aspect of the player's character. Amazing reload animations aren't extremely important because it's third person and not a part of the action (ammo is reliant on energy not rounds of bullets). However, movement animations are great and everything is smooth and natural feeling.

Whether the game is a true persistent mmo or not doesn't matter. You can trade with people, play with people, and talk with people. It has all the social aspects of a traditional mmo. There is crafting, pve coop missions, a pve story (included with Sandstorm update), pvp, and Agency vs Agency pvp. The game seems limiting in it's gameplay modes, but once explored there is a lot to do. Hi-Rez also released more variety with each update which seems to come every couple of months.

The critics where too hard on this game. Seems some of them where a little butt hurt that a brand new developer could stand in the ranks of legends. But I will say that Global Agenda is so much more than when it first arrived. Elements that where shallow have now been expanded. Elements that were missing have now been implemented. Some elements have even been removed and reinserted with a whole new working. It seems Hi-Rez is accomplishing everything they set out to do with Global Agenda no matter how much effort and time it takes. Some developers understand this. Most don't.
  5. Dec 29, 2010
    This game is just awful, I'll admit I was taken in at first by the cool looks and decent gameplay but after about 2 hours I was just mad. The PvP missions are just ridiculously bland and the whole system is lacking for the things that would make this a real MMORPG. If this game wasn't on sale in steam I would be extremely angry for the fact that I just wasted money on something I'd neverThis game is just awful, I'll admit I was taken in at first by the cool looks and decent gameplay but after about 2 hours I was just mad. The PvP missions are just ridiculously bland and the whole system is lacking for the things that would make this a real MMORPG. If this game wasn't on sale in steam I would be extremely angry for the fact that I just wasted money on something I'd never play. If you're an MMORPG fan looking for a new/exciting MMORPG turn around and run away. You might aswell buy a gun and repeatedly shoot yourself because that would be truely more fun than this POS.... Expand
  6. Jan 4, 2011
    Global Agenda, is a different than usual game type, a game type that many people have not had any experience with: MMOFPS. This game genre is a very new with several contenders falling from the race such as All points bulletin. Global Agenda attempts and succeeds where others fail, by combining elements of FPS games and RPG's. This is where it comes into conflict with many players, as FPSGlobal Agenda, is a different than usual game type, a game type that many people have not had any experience with: MMOFPS. This game genre is a very new with several contenders falling from the race such as All points bulletin. Global Agenda attempts and succeeds where others fail, by combining elements of FPS games and RPG's. This is where it comes into conflict with many players, as FPS players think that it is going and should be faster pace, with things like headshots implemented. On the other hand RPG players may find the features in this game to random, relying more on the players skill than mastering the abilities. If you get into the dramatically different (and refreshing) gameplay, you will find that it is a very immersive game, perhaps the only problem is the clear lack of a story, but this is slowly being implemented with the new expansions. The first one Sandstorm introduced a open world area, with missions and a background story to boot. Missions can be divided into two types PvE (player vs AI opponents, similar to dungeons or wave based defenses) or the classic shooter PvP (player vs player). PvE, while playing a large part, tends to take a backseat to the amazing PvP. For the first 29 levels the game, slowly intorduces you into each type of mission, but once you hit level 30, the game takes a change. AvA (agency vs agency) is another addition to the PvP world, similar to other MMO's guild vs guild. Agencies fight over control of territories on a board (the territories are called hexes) and at the end of the session of the AvA whichever agency has the most points win. There is much more depth to the game, but that would make this review too long.
    The classes in this game consist of four types, Assault, Robotics, Medic, and Recon. When the game first came out there was and definite imbalance in the number of classes. Each class has the option to spec out several different ways. Assault for example, can focus on, AoE's, tanking, or ranged damage. This game many times has been likened to TF2 in the role of the classes, and this is true to some extent. Assaults are the, heavies, soldiers and demomen. Medics act as more of the original team fortress medic, being able to poison opponents, and heal friends. Robotics fills the role of engineer. Recons take the spy, sniper and scout role. Now that time has past for the most part there is a reasonable balance of classes.
    In the end Global Agenda is a new game type that people should try before buying, luckily there is a free trial that lets you play to level fifteen. If you find it to your liking, then buy the full game as you will fall in love with it. This game remains one of my favourite and is by far one of the most innovative.
  7. Jun 18, 2011
    I was finished with this game with in 6 days, the game is nice and fun but once you get level 17, the game slows down to a near stop, repetitive is a normal thing in games these days but this game takes it to a whole new level, once you hit level 17, 18, the only things you can do is dungeon missions, over and over and over, getting very and I mean very little exp for them, even if youI was finished with this game with in 6 days, the game is nice and fun but once you get level 17, the game slows down to a near stop, repetitive is a normal thing in games these days but this game takes it to a whole new level, once you hit level 17, 18, the only things you can do is dungeon missions, over and over and over, getting very and I mean very little exp for them, even if you have a paid account, it'll take you a week, week and a half, to get all the classes to a level 17 or 18 and it'll take you just as long to get to level 19, 20 if not longer, doing the same thing over and over and over and over, there is only a couple hands full of real missions, where you load into a world where players run around freely doing real missions, the rest is PVP, PVE, normal boring sad attempt at extending the game play, Crashing, wow, this game is very unstable, I've yet to play one day yet where I didn't crash at the very least 2 to 3 times, so basically after you've hit level 17, the game boils down to, shoot your way to a boss, kill him, get very little exp, do this three times, each boss/map changes slightly, then do it again and again until your a level 18 and either keep doing that or try to kill three new bosses, pretty much the same just a bit harder or try your best a player vs player or capture flag, the normal generic player vs player game modes, nothing worth wild, have a paid account and you might level slightly faster but not fast enough to be worth the money.

Despite all that, the game has a lot of potential, Graphics are acceptable, though could use some work, animations seem good, action is acceptable though VERY repetitive, that would be alright, if there was six time the number of bad guys currently in this game.

If I had to list the number of things this game need to really hit it off here is that list.

1. First of and for most, add more world maps like Sonoran Desert Zone, a lot more, at the very least, 25 more, 55 if you really want to make the game worth wild.
    2. Raise the level cap to 80 to 120, adding more skills.
    3. More armors, more weapons, more well, every thing.
    4. NPC that actual speak, instead of having to read, Live played this and haven't read on mission's info just clicked accept and followed to the area marked on the map, I'd stay and listen to what the NPC said if the spoke.
    5. until above is added, lower the price from $20 to $10 and more then cut the prices of bonus packs or triple the length of they last.
    6. More crafting.
    7. more missions then just shoot your way to the last room and kill some bid dud, some boss.
    8. Add more missions to Sonoran Desert, at the very least, 15 more, though 25 is a better number.
    9. The ability to earn agent points with out having to spend real money.

What would make the game better but is not completely needed,
    1. more classes.
    2. vehicles or a whole new level of jetpacks.
    3. more color choices, more shades of colors in the creation of your charr.
    4. More hair choices.
    5. Base creating that you only have to worry about NPCs attacking.
    6. Zombies, that's nearly a requirement these days for games and I'd love to shoot me some zombies in GA.

I haven't read to much into it but it sounds like this game is not even near done, though if it is, then you might as well stop now and throw it away and start over and only release it after you've added what I've said above.

I say, its worth playing for those first two weeks, after that, your just hanging on, hoping they release a HUGE patch, that's what I'll be doing, the game has enough potential to keep me waiting for something more but I'll wait to spend any money on this game until the nearly double the content this game currently has.
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    The game would have potential, if servers weren't always full and you were not forced to buy every upgrade. Free game, yeah right. Can't believe Steam is pushing this game.
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    This game is HORRIBLE!!!!! The worst developed MMO I have EVER played.
    I have beta tested games that have hundreds less bugs.

Hi-Rez Studios you should be embarrassed to put your name on such a terrible game, I will forever be cautious when purchasing a game that has anything to do with you.
  10. Jan 10, 2012
    this game deserves some credit, if you really like games that are action packed, you may like this one but if not you'll probably hate it, its gone free to play and its pretty awesome but i have gone bored of it just like Team fortress 2

1. Jun 1, 2011
    Global Agenda is a good game, with some good ideas that may have been pushed harder by the development team to make it more than a simple hybrid. You will probably enjoy in the beginning and for some time, but the lack of original elements may lead you away from it quite soon.
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    In the world of Global Agenda it's your turn to help the agency to fight the regime of terror: unit with the thousands of other agents and defeat the enemy in various multiplayer battles. And as long as you keep playing the game in multiplayer-mode, it's quite entertaining – but nothing more.
  3. PC Zone UK