• Publisher: Kalypso
  • Release Date: Oct 26, 2011
4.0

1. Oct 27, 2011
    This game forgets everything that game development has learned over the last 10 years. No crouch. No jump. Character dialogue that makes one cringe. No HUD for heavy weapons. Worthless AI teammate -- he literally walks into your line of fire. Repeatable AI spawn triggers -- reloading a weapon at a certain place will spawn AI every time. Unable to fire from cover -- have to leave cover and expose self to enemy fire. Game is so linear that any attempt to deviate results in your character dying. Teammate AI will point out enemies with RPG but doesn't say where they are at!

The game developer managed to screw up the controls and options as well. No ability to change keyboard maps. No ability to set AA or vert sync. No ability to do much of anything except for set screen resolution and control sound/music volume. No manual saves either -- just stupid checkpoints.

The missing controls come into play when your corrector is order to take down an enemy sentry silently. At no point in the game is the player told how to do that! The solution is to sneak up on the sentry and press F. No where in the game is F mentioned!

Dialogue in this game makes me cringe. Imagine the movie "Commando" but with worse dialogue and more curse words. It's almost as if the developer threw in the curse words to compensate for the lack of actual content and conversation!

I won't comment on the graphics. The game is powered by the Unreal 3 engine so it looks like crap. The graphics aren't even the worst part of this game. They would be tolerable if the game wasn't so fundamentally flawed in other areas.

This game is overpriced at $25.49 (Steam @ 10/27/2011) and is overpriced at $10.00. It is a truly frustrating experience. I almost feel like the game developer should pay me for having to play this truly awful game.

Yes, I'm playing the game right now...out of spite. I want to beat this game as soon as possible then get it off my computer. That's how bad it is. Avoid unless you have a good supply of aspirin.
  2. Nov 4, 2011
    You know when you see a B-52 bomber on the opening dialog, which shows it "crash" landing in snow and showing 3 engines under each wing? You know that's absolute absurdity since "I" actually crew chiefed them back in the early 80's in the Air Force. Oh well...The game graphics are actually bad, the gameplay is worse, and the A.I. is terrible. I had a good laugh when I saw the opening, and should have known I was in for worse to come. Don't waste your time, I uninstalled it after 6 minutes. Note for the developers....make sure your information is at least "factual" when you do games in the future. Expand

Extremely below-average product in all aspects sets an example of how a low-budget game can go wrong. [March 2012]
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    A low budget shooter with unbelievably dumb AI, rather ugly visuals (even though it uses Unreal Engine 3) and ridiculous dialogues. [January 2012, p.64]
  3. Nov 28, 2011