6.9

1. May 2, 2013
    A 'to-the-point' game that solely relies on the tried and true 'beat-em-up' gameplay. The random modifiers mix it up well enough, with some frustration mixed in. The lack of a 'jump' button is initially disappointing, but the fast paced action makes up for it. A larger variety of enemies would have been nice, and a slightly easier leveling system (not so much required for each level) wouldA 'to-the-point' game that solely relies on the tried and true 'beat-em-up' gameplay. The random modifiers mix it up well enough, with some frustration mixed in. The lack of a 'jump' button is initially disappointing, but the fast paced action makes up for it. A larger variety of enemies would have been nice, and a slightly easier leveling system (not so much required for each level) would have made it more enjoyable, since access to other weapons and skins would have easier. Better played with other people (obviously), this game was meant for the slightly older crowd that enjoys socializing right alongside gaming. Expand
  2. May 31, 2013
    Addition: I am going to leave the rest of the review as I originally wrote it, but I needed to add that Atlus has completely abandoned this game and the playerbase as of now. They have given absolutely no response to the community since Apr 26th, and players are extremely pissed and raising hell in the Steam forums.

First of all, despite my rating and complaints, I am having a blast

First of all, despite my rating and complaints, I am having a blast playing this game. However, a few simple things keep this game from being amazing regardless of its price. Most of all is the matchmaking system, the queue times get extremely tedious way too fast. Second is the completely ridiculous fact that you get booted from a match if/when your last partner decides to leave. This is ridiculous, happens way too often, and will be the reason I stop playing God Mode. That being said, the very simple gameplay winds up being extraordinarily fun, they added some really intuitive touches to the arena style matches that make them unique. I also really like the "Oaths" system that allows you to handicap yourself for greater potential reward. Overall, for a 10 dollar game, this game could be a 9/10 if it fixed the two major issues involving co-op matches and matchmaking queues. It is just too important and annoying in a 100% co-op style game like this. I would also like to see much more customization and equipment options. I am disappointed in the lack of selection. Even for 10 bucks, these things need to be addressed in order to be a worthy rated game.
  3. Apr 25, 2013
    For the price it's a pretty good game there are a few issue with it ofc: 42 fps cap, can't adjust FoV, mic always on, can't mute players, no dedicated servers (P2P)...

overall it's a good game for the price... and devs said that they will fix some of these issues with a patch, so they are not trying to make a quick cash and then gtfo.

if they actually support the game it totally worth it.
  4. Apr 20, 2013
    This game is a wonderful first entry from a brand new studio. The $9.99 price point and the four player co-op make this a nice buy for a group of friends looking to blow some up. The movement feels smooth, the aiming seems tight and the action doesn't let up. The only complaint i'd really have against this game is that the powers are more of a "get out of jail free card" than somethingThis game is a wonderful first entry from a brand new studio. The $9.99 price point and the four player co-op make this a nice buy for a group of friends looking to blow some up. The movement feels smooth, the aiming seems tight and the action doesn't let up. The only complaint i'd really have against this game is that the powers are more of a "get out of jail free card" than something you will be using repeatedly to acquire kills in a match. I think if the powers were more of an active element (think DarkSiders or God of War) then it would deepen the experience a bit. Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is far from an 8 or a 9 in my opinion.
    It's definitely around a 5 or 6, it's not very creative and has you grind for any sort of pros throughout the game. I thought this would have more of story than the boring "Test of Faith" (example) rounds but is just that, nothing about a certain character.. So if you like stories just avoid this one period.
    It's basically your thrown into
    This game is far from an 8 or a 9 in my opinion.
    It's basically your thrown into rooms with monsters and you fight them off with whichever weapon you have at the current time, and don't expect to upgrade or buy new weapons for a really long time.
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    Its actually a pretty good game but there's such a grind and starting gun is a bullet sponge that really doesn't make you want to grind for the cooler weaponry but if you overlook that and that the cosmetics are somewhat mediocre you can have allot of fun with friends. There are quite a lot of varied enemy's types so you don't get too bored while ripping out intestines but the boss fightsIts actually a pretty good game but there's such a grind and starting gun is a bullet sponge that really doesn't make you want to grind for the cooler weaponry but if you overlook that and that the cosmetics are somewhat mediocre you can have allot of fun with friends. There are quite a lot of varied enemy's types so you don't get too bored while ripping out intestines but the boss fights are pretty weak and the whole idea of the oath system is a great idea but poorly executed even so it can be fun but overall this game is a tedious grind unless you're playing with friends in which case its still kind of a grind a fun grind mind you tho.
  7. Apr 22, 2013
    An arena based 3rd person shooter, player's take on the role of lost souls in the depths of the after life, fighting for the freedom of their spirits.

Each stage players take on swarms of undead monsters as they fight for their after life. You'll collect XP and gold in order to upgrade your character. The game looks good and has native Xbox 360 controller out of the box. I feel it

The game looks good and has native Xbox 360 controller out of the box. I feel it has limited game play, but even then it's hard to argue at the $10.00 USD price point.
  8. Apr 20, 2013
    When I first saw this game I thought "Awesome, a third person serious sam! (even tho serious sam has a third person view)" This game claims to be an old school experience, the story is just there to give you context, but the gameplay is what makes the game fun.... that's what the devs said about the game in an interview, but this game feels awful on PC, you can't even jump, I wasWhen I first saw this game I thought "Awesome, a third person serious sam! (even tho serious sam has a third person view)" This game claims to be an old school experience, the story is just there to give you context, but the gameplay is what makes the game fun.... that's what the devs said about the game in an interview, but this game feels awful on PC, you can't even jump, I was expecting to be able to jump, apparently I'm asking for too much.... I thought this was going to be like a quake/painkiller/serious sam game, but this is nothing more than a gears of war clone with lots of enemies.
    This game was designed for consoles, not for PC.... too bad, it had so much potential.
    Even tho I bought it for only 6,99€, I am disappointed...
  9. Apr 30, 2013
    The good points are that the game looks rather fantastic and it can get hectic the way horde mode should sadly the good parts end there.

The game suffers from a very steep leveling curve and a lack of guns at the start of the game though that does improve so that is a mark against it but nothing damming. The major downfall of this game is that even at 10 US dollars is just does not hit the standards it should not because it is bad but because it has competition that is miles a head. It may stand if this was the first horde game ever made but it is not it is up against games Warframe, Killing Floor and Left 4 Dead 2 which are better in every possible way and one of which [Warframe] is free to play. On top of that many larger titles notably Warhammer Space Marine and even Saints Row 3 have a horde mode that outshines Godmode so you may already own a Superior version of this game.
  10. Apr 27, 2013
    This is a good game...but with a lot of lacks that barely feels complete and while I enjoy playing it once in a while, the feeling that this game is complete it's strong. The game it's still good though and it simply plays as a co-op shooters against waves of enemies, in short arenas that will also give you these "tests" in which will give you buffs or debuffs, and in total a normal matchThis is a good game...but with a lot of lacks that barely feels complete and while I enjoy playing it once in a while, the feeling that this game is complete it's strong. The game it's still good though and it simply plays as a co-op shooters against waves of enemies, in short arenas that will also give you these "tests" in which will give you buffs or debuffs, and in total a normal match will last around 20 or 30 minutes, even less. We have a good variety of weapons to use, from the simple shotgun to the minigun, and we will also be able to set a rage skill such as shield, healing, area damage, etc. And for last, we have the customization of the characters themselves, which is lacking but gives you enough to variate. That's all, and while it seems like a huge game, it's definitely simple and really short, and the content is just too few! There are only 5 matches in total, which are basically different from the themes more than the actual levels, and the matches, while being splitted into 3 difficulties, they are really far from being extremely hard. Infact, the only way to make the game hard, is to use the "pacts", which are self-indured debuffs that will give you much more money and exp, but will grant you some nasty debilitations that can make you weaker, like no armor, no skill, less ammmo, etc (and this is probably thought for some true co-op gaming with clans and such. I think). The weapon variety is good and we can also upgrade them with the gold we get during the matches (and at the end, with a test called Goldrush), but only a very few are good...and unfortunely you won't notice until you test them out, resulting on sticking with only a few weapons. The customization is barely decent, simply because the options are basically the same, just slightly modified, so be ready to see lots of clones! Aside from these lacks, I also can't stand some choices they took: you cannot mute your microphone for some reasons, which means that, usually, EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WILL MAKE AN UNBEARABLE AND UNSTOPPING NOISE, FOR ALL THE ENTIRE MATCH! Really? No mute choice? at least 90% of my matches I was listening to some rambling, to some people argueing in the back...and to the American Dad's theme??? This is a really simple option that should be granted, and not only that we really have to endure 30 minutes of random talks and stati noises. Also, you cannot write anything on the keyboard (at least I could never do that), and so the only way to communicate is using your microphone. Just like on consoles. Another issue, although not as big as the others, is that even if it's co-op, basically you're all all versus all, because the experience and the gold gained IS NOT SHARED! If it was intentional, well, I don't get it. We could have also used some kind of energy bars upon the others to see at least their health and armor, since a lot of times you can't understand if they are hurt or not, resulting in a lot of health/armor/ammo (and gold) thefts. With that said, it's not very bad and I do hope for some (good) upgrades in the futures, but as for now it's definitely lacking and really has some issues that could have be solved at launch. If you usually play with friends, this game can probably grant some good hours of fun. However, if you're a loner, you might get bored pretty quickly and this game won't last for long. Not horrible, but far from being complete, but for that price, I won't complain much more (at least a microphone mute option, pleaaaase!). Expand
  11. Apr 27, 2013
    Good game for the price, but many bugs (some game-breaking) and lack of content hold this back. As of now I'd give it a 6, if they fix the bugs and add a little more content (some more cosmetic upgrades and another weapon or two), and add dedicated servers and/or better matchmaking (right now it's only random quickmatch...acceptable for a console, but definitely not for a PC game) I'd giveGood game for the price, but many bugs (some game-breaking) and lack of content hold this back. As of now I'd give it a 6, if they fix the bugs and add a little more content (some more cosmetic upgrades and another weapon or two), and add dedicated servers and/or better matchmaking (right now it's only random quickmatch...acceptable for a console, but definitely not for a PC game) I'd give it a 7.

Pros: Great graphics for a budget title, fun and fast paced horde-mode gameplay (waves of enemies coming at you), great game to play with 4 players

Cons: BUGS!!!!, poor matchmaking system severely limiting replayability, lack of content
  12. Oct 26, 2013
    God mode to prosta, przyjemna gra w coopie. Nie jest nudną kontynuacją jakiejś gry, to po prostu nowy pomysł. Graficznie nie zaskakuje, ale nie razi jakością słabych tekstur czy modeli. Szkoda że nie posiada lepiej zrobionej kampanii. Gra polega na prostych pomysłach, prostym levelowaniu, i chęci wbicia maxymalnego poziomu. I co wtedy? No właśnie, gra staje się nudna. Nie mówiąc o tym żeGod mode to prosta, przyjemna gra w coopie. Nie jest nudną kontynuacją jakiejś gry, to po prostu nowy pomysł. Graficznie nie zaskakuje, ale nie razi jakością słabych tekstur czy modeli. Szkoda że nie posiada lepiej zrobionej kampanii. Gra polega na prostych pomysłach, prostym levelowaniu, i chęci wbicia maxymalnego poziomu. I co wtedy? No właśnie, gra staje się nudna. Nie mówiąc o tym że już wcześniej staje się nudna i monotonna. Jeżeli ktoś nie poszukuje kolejnej zaawansowanej gry coopowej to może zasiąść do God Mode i dobrze się bawić, dla większości osób jednak gra będzie już od początku nudna. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    This game is an easy-to-pick-up, easy-to-put-down speedy fix when you want to blow off some steam by spewing bullets. The variety of game modes (which start randomly at the start of every level) keep it fun for long enough to be worth the price, but that's about it.
    It lacks choice for the character, it's very hard to make it "yours", and all your weapon-upgrades (which are highly necessary if you want to progress in this game at all...) are very expensive and locked both by price and the level of your character. The AI is so-so, controls are sluggish and slow, and battles easily become just a blur of effects and explosions an easy way to cover up that they aren't all that tactical or involving.
    Buy if you must, it's good for a few hours of fun, but don't expect to be blown completely away with the level of gameplay here.
  14. May 31, 2013

First of all, despite my rating and complaints, I am having a blast

1. Jun 10, 2013
    God Mode feels like a free-to-play game that somehow got released without a trace of microtransactions. If you want to kill tons of monsters in co-op, better get Serious Sam 3: BFE.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    God Mode is a likable run-of-the-mill effort that can offer a couple of enjoyable hours, but nothing more. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.64]
  3. May 13, 2013
    God Mode tries to vary, but fails to do so completely. It comes down to being a game in which you'll shoot a lot of enemies, mindlessly running towards you. Which is as exciting and original as it sounds: not at all.