God Mode PC

6.9

1. Jul 23, 2013
    Really surprised at the low scores for this game. I picked it up on Steam and have put in over 20 hours, maxing out level, acquiring God Mode, and maxing most weapons and abilities. It's a solid experience: simple, straightforward mechanics (run & gun), and a blast to play with friends. Reminds me of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, in the way that it handles, which, for me, is a good thing. IReally surprised at the low scores for this game. I picked it up on Steam and have put in over 20 hours, maxing out level, acquiring God Mode, and maxing most weapons and abilities. It's a solid experience: simple, straightforward mechanics (run & gun), and a blast to play with friends. Reminds me of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, in the way that it handles, which, for me, is a good thing. I was using an XB360 controller on my PC, so I can't speak on keyboard/mouse controls.

You can increase the difficulty by tier (bronze, silver or gold) or by toggling modifiers (no for a greater challenge, with greater rewards. It looks good, it plays really, really well, and it's only $10. One concern, in it being multiplayer only, is availability of matches in the future if no one is playing. In the middle of writing this, I actually jumped on and was able to find a couple matches, which is a good sign.

It's hard to gauge what peoples expectations are on this, and most obscure, indie titles. Apparently, some people want it to be 'finished' or 'fleshed out', like it's some sort of incomplete project. I think it's exactly what the developers designed it to be, but maybe it's difficult for people to objectively analyze a game that doesn't fit the molds that they are used to. Unfortunate. If you are on the fence, I'd say give it a try. It's about or less than the cost of a 2 hour theatrical movie, depending on your region. Talk a friend into playing it with you, if you need to, but I think you'll find that it's time and money well spent.
  2. Jul 15, 2013
    Fantastic game. Looks beautiful. Did not expect that. Video through steam does not do it justice. Great Flow. Has the potential to be a blockbuster or high rated game. Great Idea for a game. Hoping for their to be a number 2.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is not expensive at all the only bad thing that i have to say about it is that it takes like half an hour to find some team mates but for that price the game is outstanding it's a lot of fun especially if you play it with your friends the fact that every level is different is great because there are not to many different creatures I played the game i recommend it it's aThis game is not expensive at all the only bad thing that i have to say about it is that it takes like half an hour to find some team mates but for that price the game is outstanding it's a lot of fun especially if you play it with your friends the fact that every level is different is great because there are not to many different creatures I played the game i recommend it it's a lot of fun for that low price Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2013
    My first impression was, this game sucks. But after playing for few hours i need to say that it worth the money. My friends and i bought 4 pack, so the price was 5,25 Euros for each. Yes, there are some bugs in the game that need to be fixed. Mic always on is very bad thing, but hey, FEAR 3 also have that. Weapon upgrade is very hard. Enemy AI could be better. Good thing in this game thatMy first impression was, this game sucks. But after playing for few hours i need to say that it worth the money. My friends and i bought 4 pack, so the price was 5,25 Euros for each. Yes, there are some bugs in the game that need to be fixed. Mic always on is very bad thing, but hey, FEAR 3 also have that. Weapon upgrade is very hard. Enemy AI could be better. Good thing in this game that four of you can "kill" hours of time without being bored to death. So, find four friends, buy the game and enjoy the fun. I will buy ten games like this one instead one ALIENS Colonial Marines. Expand
  5. Apr 28, 2013
    For me, I’m always out there trying to find a new game that I can spend a good hour playing and feel like I’ve achieved something, whilst GodMode doesn’t fully cover that it does offer me a rather good pace and enjoyable set of games to play. Whilst the whole 3rd person shot-em-up is not a new style of game play I feel with the Test of Fates (the random bonuses/disadvantages you gain atFor me, I’m always out there trying to find a new game that I can spend a good hour playing and feel like I’ve achieved something, whilst GodMode doesn’t fully cover that it does offer me a rather good pace and enjoyable set of games to play. Whilst the whole 3rd person shot-em-up is not a new style of game play I feel with the Test of Fates (the random bonuses/disadvantages you gain at certain points of each map) offer that unique element which keeps me interested through out.

My main issue with this game though is that it does get same-y after a while but if you have a few mates trying to complete “Gold” difficulty can be rather fun if not challenging.
  6. Apr 20, 2013
    For the price there really is no complaining. It plays a bit like a 3rd person serious sam in that there's a lot of backpedaling if you want to survive.
    I recommend you play it for at very least an hour on the lowest difficulty with not modifiers, as it's extremely tricky to beat any level without any kind of upgrades. After you've settled in a bit it really starts to shine, and I'm hooked.
    The Tests of Faith (randomly selected game modifier: think Unreal Tournament mutators) keep the gameplay very interesting, and since they're random, it makes each playthrough of the same map quite different. As your character levels up, you can venture into the silver and gold difficulties, which provide you with even more tests of faith.
    Being such a low priced game, you'd expect a few issues. Among them are slightly intrusive animations (ie melee attacks stop your character dead and take just a little bit too long. Same goes for Getting up), and the occasional bug with weapons (reloaded a 6 round revolver once to hear the sound for a shotgun reload and 8 bullets in the cylinder).

So bottom line: this game is everything the devs describe it as. It's slightly polished, but if you expect a technical AAA masterpiece for £7 then you're just being ridiculous. This game mainly shines not because of its polish, but because of its creative mechanics, gameplay, and surprisingly effective progression system.
  7. Apr 21, 2013
    The best 3rd person arcade shooter. Brings back memories. Worth the 10 bucks in my opinion, I wouldn't mind paying 30 bucks for it. What frustrates me is that there is no chat system.
  8. Apr 24, 2013
    For 9$, hands down the best game I've played this year. Persistant leveling, massive destruction, fun gameplay, co op, great graphics. Not the hardest game out there, that is until you use the "oaths". I'm pretty sure the negative reviewers are posting in the wrong game.....
  9. Apr 26, 2013
    I've been playing coop with a few friends; we've all played dozens if not hundreds of hours of Killing Floor. We can take and leave aspects from both games, but we've agreed the sum of all parts is about equally between the two games. I saw how badly this game scored on here and thought I'd chime in:

Cons: - Always-on mic: Mute the other players. I know they should have added an

Cons:
    - Always-on mic: Mute the other players. I know they should have added an option, but that's a simple solution.
    - Crashing: It's crashed probably once every 2 hours.
    - Somewhat weird level structure. Some maps have bosses; some don't.
    - Only 5 maps to choose from.

Pros:
    - The tests of faith are often humorous and keep things fresh.
    - If you're one of the people complaining about difficulty, buck the it. It's painfully easy on bronze difficulty. Oaths are nice because you get to earn additional XP and gold for handicapping your character for a map. This effectively allows two players has have a range of difficulty while playing coop with each other.
    - Graphics, animations and AI movement are much more polished than the main competitor, Killing Floor.
    - Value. 'Nuff said.

Neutral:
    - "Poor" amount of enemy variety nothing worse that 90% of shooters.
    - Leveling up takes much less time than it does in Killing Floor.

This game deserved better. When I saw it was under "The War Z" in Steam's Top Sellers list, I was awe-struck. If you look at the history of several users giving negative reviews, you can see that they often expect too much from AAA and B games like.

7.5/10 (Adjusted for turds like Gene and Drlron)
  10. hej
    Apr 27, 2013
    You can't go wrong for $10. Yes, there's only 5 campaigns to play through, but I don't think it becomes boring or monotonous thanks to the frantic pace and the "test of faith" mutators that continually change the dynamics of the game. And for the price you, really can't complain. The game can be frustratingly difficult while you're getting over the small learning curve, but after thatYou can't go wrong for $10. Yes, there's only 5 campaigns to play through, but I don't think it becomes boring or monotonous thanks to the frantic pace and the "test of faith" mutators that continually change the dynamics of the game. And for the price you, really can't complain. The game can be frustratingly difficult while you're getting over the small learning curve, but after that it's good mindless fun. Expand
  11. Apr 28, 2013
    For its price the game works great. I reached max level in 8-10 missions by just turning on all of the oaths and playing gold difficulty (and yes I still got the most kills on the team but was killed 10x more than everyone else) so whoever says it takes too long to level do not know what they're doing it's actually the opposite. THIS GAME IS FOR CO-OP ONLY!!! Even if it goes single playerFor its price the game works great. I reached max level in 8-10 missions by just turning on all of the oaths and playing gold difficulty (and yes I still got the most kills on the team but was killed 10x more than everyone else) so whoever says it takes too long to level do not know what they're doing it's actually the opposite. THIS GAME IS FOR CO-OP ONLY!!! Even if it goes single player it only shines when you play with your pals and stab them in the back in the gold room. It is true taking down enemies is not hard other than circling around them like hungry hyenas pricking them with your bullets to they kill over. The tests of faith add variation and replay value since the level may be the same it will be different from changes to the gameplay such as being given infinite ammo or enemies gaining a damage boost etc. Don't bother with melee since you stand still and by the time you finish you'll have the crap kicked out of you. Even though there are long recovery times when knocked down the monsters will stop in their tracks until you get back up or latch onto one of your buddies. The game is good for most ages and for gamers with low expectations since the controls are easy to understand and the objective is simple kill everything and then jump through the portal to the next area. Expand
  12. May 13, 2013
    Great mindless killing fun. Very much worth the price. The different test of faiths keep it varied and interesting.
    Would be nice if you could customize your avatars appearance more though.
  13. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is so much fun! It has great playability and graphics. more quality than many AAA titles.
    You wont fint any other game like this for this (very low) price.
  14. Apr 21, 2013
    The game is very enjoyable when it comes to playing with friends that are.... "exciting" to play games with. Its most enjoyable with those types of gamer's cause you will have more fun. Buy this game if you have fun friends that will play it with you! specially for the price of the game... you wont go wrong!
  15. Apr 19, 2013
    Definitely a very fun game. Easily worth it for the 10 dollars it costs. Good variety of enemies with multiple accessories and weapons. Love the customization. The oaths are a nice change of pace, as well as difficulty, and the tests of faith are awesome/hilarious. These things make sure the same levels can be a little different each time. Only a few problems. Mics are always on and cannotDefinitely a very fun game. Easily worth it for the 10 dollars it costs. Good variety of enemies with multiple accessories and weapons. Love the customization. The oaths are a nice change of pace, as well as difficulty, and the tests of faith are awesome/hilarious. These things make sure the same levels can be a little different each time. Only a few problems. Mics are always on and cannot mute in game. Also matchmaking and server issues are quite common. Also there are only 5 levels which can be somewhat repetitive if they do not add any more in the future. The levels are awesome though. It would be nice if different enemies game or there were different paths to do. As is it is the same path/enemies/boss every time besides the mutators. Some sort of AI director like in L4d would be nice. While there is customization, it is the same 5 or so heads and each time you just unlock a type of hat to use with each head. And there is only one pants or shirts that are unlocked at each level, which means you only get one to choose from. More cosmetic options would be nice. Hopefully they fix problems and add levels/cosmetic customization. Expand
  16. Apr 20, 2013
    God Mode is an incredible good looking game for a low price download game. Shooting, running, dodging feels good to me and I already spend some time as a solo player. But the most fun comes when you are in a 4 player coop match with your pals. There could be more different enemies and some more maps, but we might be seeing some in a DLC, hopefully. The leveling up is very slow andGod Mode is an incredible good looking game for a low price download game. Shooting, running, dodging feels good to me and I already spend some time as a solo player. But the most fun comes when you are in a 4 player coop match with your pals. There could be more different enemies and some more maps, but we might be seeing some in a DLC, hopefully. The leveling up is very slow and difficult so you need really to spend time to get some got weapons. But the different modifiers and the overall presentation is pretty good. So just check out some "Lets Plays" on Youtube and if you like it there, get some buddies and play it in coop. Expand
  17. Apr 23, 2013
    This game right here is by far one of my favorite arcade/mini games ever.

For one, the visuals for a budget game like this are top notch. the maps all have there special little feel to it with lighting and weather. to hell with the Fire Pit or a tornado in Ascension, it still amazes me. The beasts look really cool and gave a darker spin on most Greek myth monsters. second of all
    This game right here is by far one of my favorite arcade/mini games ever.

second of all things is the gameplay, which I'm kind of on and off about. As a fan of TPS games i knew what to expect from the gun play, hip fire is lame always zoom in over shoulder, i was wrong, enemies get so close you dont need to zoom in. Melee is strong but its still useless because it stops you and basically lets you get surrounded. The beasts are all really diverse in terms of strategy but AI is still average. Weapon variation and customization types are wacky and i like them. the test of faith keep the mazes refreshing when you grab your friends and run the same maze once more.

my only downside to this game would have to be the additions it needs. (entire suggestions thread is filling up on steam forums under the game) deliver some new mazes, monsters, weapons and clothing, and we'll buy it because you already have some awesome fans.
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    It's perfect to one third person game, the graphics are not surprising however are not bad. The gameplay is not bad however could be better. The game is cool for co-op, the abilities that can be shared with friends, and upgrades.
  19. Apr 19, 2013
    This game is a whole lot of fun if you got a few pals to gang up with. I was skeptical when I bought it, but after the first round, I was hooked... And that's saying a lot since I'm not usually the shooter kind of gal. I don't think you could spend your $10 better anywhere else!
  20. Apr 26, 2013
    TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS GAME OR EVEN CURIOUS ABOUT IT:

So here is the thing, this game is not for everyone. But anyone who even slightly likes it can't complain. It is $9.99 and if you end up playing it for 5 hours you paid 2 dollars an hour. Not bad considering I can pay more than that at Dave and Busters and have less fun in a loud environment. This game is
    TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS GAME OR EVEN CURIOUS ABOUT IT:

This game is really simple and that is all it was going for. The games developers did not hide anything. Running and gunning, A relatively simple RPG gun upgrade tree, and chaos. That is all they promised and delivered. The game is very fun.

As far as the bugs are concerned, they are extremely tolerable and expected, since right now the game has been out less than a week, and I have no doubt that they will be slowly ironed out. The game does lack a little smoothness, for example, sprinting/dodging, but even still, if anyone paid full price for Dead Island they have more to complain about. Bottom line, if you like crazy chaotic games that support coop, get it. It is so worth it.
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    This is a heck of a game at any price. It has lots of replay value. It has lots of nice eye-candy, and with friends it is a blast to play co-op, and with unknowns it is almost always still a blast.
    At less than ten bucks?
    I call it a deal.
    What are movies now? Two hours and at least ten dollars?
  22. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is very fun, even playing alone.
    But it is good to play with friends from 2 to 4 in co-op games 'till the gold run.
    For a low budget and from a game maker hardly anyone had listened before, this game is very well made, despite it's small amount of content. Took only 8 hours to beat all levels and achievements in Steam, plus buy all stuff. This lack of content leads to people
    This game is very fun, even playing alone.
    This lack of content leads to people stop playing soon after reaching the max level, this for it's side, leads to many time waiting in quick match room.
    Or you find some friends to play or head to community hub on steam and wait to others on chat room for it's dedicated forum.
    Still, the game really should be played and the makers really should release more content, from maps to weapons, enemies. Sure, nerfing some guns which are totally overpowered.
    Also increasing it's overall difficulty, adding more foes as more people play together.
    The highly number of crashes could be annoying, but they're being addressed with patches. And the voice chat should really be worked.
    But this should not stop you from getting the game and enjoying some fun time at the Gold Rush.
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. um otimo jogo para se jogar com amigos e assim passar boas horas de diversão. Não dá vontade de parar de jogar, pois a cada nível q sobe e a cada dinheiro q se ganha, você pode comprar e "uppar" as armas e o proprio caracter, fazendo assim um jogo dificil de enjoar, e qdo vc achar q etiver bom, vc pode ir aumentando os níveis de dificuldade, se tornando assim, um jogo extenso e divertido. Expand
  24. Apr 19, 2013
    The game feels like a super fun co-op arcade third person shooter during the first 15 minutes I survived on Gold (hardest) mode. The game reminds me of Dungeon and Dragons with its type of enemies. Unfortunately, even with a very good rig, the game only runs at 45 FPS regardless if the setting is on high or low, but it is dam worth the $8.99 I spent.
  25. Apr 20, 2013
    For $10 you certainly get your moneys worth. God Mode is a 4 person co-operative shooter made by a new developer, published by Atlus.

Yes, THAT Atlus. The one who's product line consists purely of games that are BALLS HARD. Don't fret, though, the difficulty is rarely, if ever, cheap. The gameplay itself straddles the line between co-operative third person shooter and competitive third person shooter. Kill XP and gold are not shared between players, which pushes everyone to one-up eachother, yet enemies will flood the arenas making it nigh impossible for a single player to survive by themselves (Note: Single player is an exercise in frustration)

Core gameplay consists of picking between one of five maps (three of which end in boss fights) Players move from one (gorgeous) arena to another mowing down hordes of undead roman/greek creatures. A unique feature of these arenas are the "Tests of Faith", basically each arena alters the rules slightly to modify the experience, e.g. one arena might give you the "Armored" test of faith which causes all damage to be shared between players, another will swap your current weapon out for a random one every 10 seconds (even if you haven't unlocked the weapon yet), or one that reduces everyones maximum health by half but gives everyone health regeneration. Sometimes you get completely silly ones like "Party" which gives all enemies party hats!

The game includes a sizable portion of unlockables, giving it more than 10 USD worth of longevity. In game you earn XP and Gold, which are used to unlock new weapons, weapon upgrades and clothes respectively. If the game isn't challenging you enough, you can choose to activate "Oaths", which make the game harder in exchange for increased gold and XP gain (The higher level you are, the more you'll be needing to use Oaths if you want to see any significant progress towards advancement) An example of the oaths are "The Thief", which makes it so you do not have armor in game and cannot pick up armor, but you get a 15% increase to XP and 20% increase to gold, or the "Warrior" oath, which makes it so your Special Ability cannot be used for similar XP and gold gain increments.

While that all may sound fine and dandy, this game DOES have some issues. If you do not have a very good connection expect to see other players lagging (NPC lag compensation works well enough though) Another issue, and perhaps my BIGGEST grievance, is that voice chat is ALWAYS enabled with no option to turn it off, either for you or any of the other player. You can disable your mic through your hardware settings, but nobody should have to do that. The final issue I have with the game is that it has a rather weak start. The two weapons and one special ability you start off with are nigh useless (The SMG has RIDICULOUS spread making hitting anything outside of point blank an exercise in futlity, the shotgun has too TIGHT a spread and reloads like a snail riding a turtle, and the Shield ability doesn't even do what it's namesake says) Fortunately, you can upgrade the SMG and Shotgun into uberweapons once you finish a few matches.

Other than those three grievances, I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes "Horde Mode" shooters with cooperative and competitive elements. For only $10, you get more than your moneys worth!
  26. Apr 19, 2013
    This game has some starting issues, but once you start playing it is a blast. Easily worth the $8.99 I bought it for and the $10 new people will pay for it. If this game gets a Workshop then Killing Floor is lost because where it stands now while different this is almost topping Killing Floor. The only issues are bugs, Always On Mic, Mic Reverb, and lag. Hopefully these issues will beThis game has some starting issues, but once you start playing it is a blast. Easily worth the $8.99 I bought it for and the $10 new people will pay for it. If this game gets a Workshop then Killing Floor is lost because where it stands now while different this is almost topping Killing Floor. The only issues are bugs, Always On Mic, Mic Reverb, and lag. Hopefully these issues will be resolved and it seems as if one of the maps are currently broken. By that I mean that map every time I have attempted to play has given me issues. The map is titled Fortress and I'm not sure if it is everyone or not, but it was for my group who tried it 4 times. Expand
  27. Feb 1, 2014
    God Mode is an 'arcade style', team-based, co-operative third-person shooter game with high fidelity visuals and solid firearms-based gameplay. The game can be played in single-player or co-operatively with three(3) other players (online or LAN). The game is fun, has a decent weapons (upgradable) and character customisation set; although the choices aren't particularly outstanding. TheGod Mode is an 'arcade style', team-based, co-operative third-person shooter game with high fidelity visuals and solid firearms-based gameplay. The game can be played in single-player or co-operatively with three(3) other players (online or LAN). The game is fun, has a decent weapons (upgradable) and character customisation set; although the choices aren't particularly outstanding. The game is enjoyable in single-player mode in short bursts, but becomes quite repetitive. You're tasked with moving from arena to arena killing the demonic hordes it spawns, usually culminating in a boss fight. The game has 'mutators' that are randomly generated before each arena that lend the game some variety. The game is certainly best played co-operatively. It's worth noting that the difficulty does scale with the increase in player numbers. There are four(4) difficulty settings (fully updated game), six(6) different maps with four(4) arenas per map. The enemy variety is very good for a game of this kind. The gameplay tends to reflect realism more than arcade gameplay (slower reloading and evading animations); which can be a good or bad thing, depending on one's tastes. I recommend this game for those intending to play it with at least one co-operative partner. The game resembles the third-person arcade shooter game 'The Club'. Expand
  28. Apr 23, 2013

1. Jun 10, 2013
    God Mode feels like a free-to-play game that somehow got released without a trace of microtransactions. If you want to kill tons of monsters in co-op, better get Serious Sam 3: BFE.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    God Mode is a likable run-of-the-mill effort that can offer a couple of enjoyable hours, but nothing more. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.64]
  3. May 13, 2013
    God Mode tries to vary, but fails to do so completely. It comes down to being a game in which you'll shoot a lot of enemies, mindlessly running towards you. Which is as exciting and original as it sounds: not at all.