6.9

1. Apr 20, 2013
    For the price there really is no complaining. It plays a bit like a 3rd person serious sam in that there's a lot of backpedaling if you want to survive.
    I recommend you play it for at very least an hour on the lowest difficulty with not modifiers, as it's extremely tricky to beat any level without any kind of upgrades. After you've settled in a bit it really starts to shine, and I'm
    hooked.
    The Tests of Faith (randomly selected game modifier: think Unreal Tournament mutators) keep the gameplay very interesting, and since they're random, it makes each playthrough of the same map quite different. As your character levels up, you can venture into the silver and gold difficulties, which provide you with even more tests of faith.
    Being such a low priced game, you'd expect a few issues. Among them are slightly intrusive animations (ie melee attacks stop your character dead and take just a little bit too long. Same goes for Getting up), and the occasional bug with weapons (reloaded a 6 round revolver once to hear the sound for a shotgun reload and 8 bullets in the cylinder).

So bottom line: this game is everything the devs describe it as. It's slightly polished, but if you expect a technical AAA masterpiece for £7 then you're just being ridiculous. This game mainly shines not because of its polish, but because of its creative mechanics, gameplay, and surprisingly effective progression system.
  2. Apr 19, 2013
    This game is a whole lot of fun if you got a few pals to gang up with. I was skeptical when I bought it, but after the first round, I was hooked... And that's saying a lot since I'm not usually the shooter kind of gal. I don't think you could spend your $10 better anywhere else!
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    This game has some starting issues, but once you start playing it is a blast. Easily worth the $8.99 I bought it for and the $10 new people will pay for it. If this game gets a Workshop then Killing Floor is lost because where it stands now while different this is almost topping Killing Floor. The only issues are bugs, Always On Mic, Mic Reverb, and lag. Hopefully these issues will be resolved and it seems as if one of the maps are currently broken. By that I mean that map every time I have attempted to play has given me issues. The map is titled Fortress and I'm not sure if it is everyone or not, but it was for my group who tried it 4 times. Expand
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS GAME OR EVEN CURIOUS ABOUT IT:

So here is the thing, this game is not for everyone. But anyone who even slightly likes it can't complain. It is $9.99 and if you end up playing it for 5 hours you paid 2 dollars an hour. Not bad considering I can pay more than that at Dave and Busters and have less fun in a loud environment.

This game is
    really simple and that is all it was going for. The games developers did not hide anything. Running and gunning, A relatively simple RPG gun upgrade tree, and chaos. That is all they promised and delivered. The game is very fun.

As far as the bugs are concerned, they are extremely tolerable and expected, since right now the game has been out less than a week, and I have no doubt that they will be slowly ironed out. The game does lack a little smoothness, for example, sprinting/dodging, but even still, if anyone paid full price for Dead Island they have more to complain about. Bottom line, if you like crazy chaotic games that support coop, get it. It is so worth it.
  5. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is so much fun! It has great playability and graphics. more quality than many AAA titles.
    You wont fint any other game like this for this (very low) price.
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    The best 3rd person arcade shooter. Brings back memories. Worth the 10 bucks in my opinion, I wouldn't mind paying 30 bucks for it. What frustrates me is that there is no chat system.
  7. Apr 24, 2013
    For 9$, hands down the best game I've played this year. Persistant leveling, massive destruction, fun gameplay, co op, great graphics. Not the hardest game out there, that is until you use the "oaths". I'm pretty sure the negative reviewers are posting in the wrong game.....
  8. Apr 26, 2013
    I've been playing coop with a few friends; we've all played dozens if not hundreds of hours of Killing Floor. We can take and leave aspects from both games, but we've agreed the sum of all parts is about equally between the two games. I saw how badly this game scored on here and thought I'd chime in:

Cons:
    - Always-on mic: Mute the other players. I know they should have added an
    option, but that's a simple solution.
    - Crashing: It's crashed probably once every 2 hours.
    - Somewhat weird level structure. Some maps have bosses; some don't.
    - Only 5 maps to choose from.

Pros:
    - The tests of faith are often humorous and keep things fresh.
    - If you're one of the people complaining about difficulty, buck the it. It's painfully easy on bronze difficulty. Oaths are nice because you get to earn additional XP and gold for handicapping your character for a map. This effectively allows two players has have a range of difficulty while playing coop with each other.
    - Graphics, animations and AI movement are much more polished than the main competitor, Killing Floor.
    - Value. 'Nuff said.

Neutral:
    - "Poor" amount of enemy variety nothing worse that 90% of shooters.
    - Leveling up takes much less time than it does in Killing Floor.

This game deserved better. When I saw it was under "The War Z" in Steam's Top Sellers list, I was awe-struck. If you look at the history of several users giving negative reviews, you can see that they often expect too much from AAA and B games like.

7.5/10 (Adjusted for turds like Gene and Drlron)
  9. hej
    Apr 27, 2013
    You can't go wrong for $10. Yes, there's only 5 campaigns to play through, but I don't think it becomes boring or monotonous thanks to the frantic pace and the "test of faith" mutators that continually change the dynamics of the game. And for the price you, really can't complain. The game can be frustratingly difficult while you're getting over the small learning curve, but after that it's good mindless fun. Expand
  10. Apr 22, 2013
    My first impression was, this game sucks. But after playing for few hours i need to say that it worth the money. My friends and i bought 4 pack, so the price was 5,25 Euros for each. Yes, there are some bugs in the game that need to be fixed. Mic always on is very bad thing, but hey, FEAR 3 also have that. Weapon upgrade is very hard. Enemy AI could be better. Good thing in this game that four of you can "kill" hours of time without being bored to death. So, find four friends, buy the game and enjoy the fun. I will buy ten games like this one instead one ALIENS Colonial Marines. Expand
  11. Apr 23, 2013
    This game right here is by far one of my favorite arcade/mini games ever.

For one, the visuals for a budget game like this are top notch. the maps all have there special little feel to it with lighting and weather. to hell with the Fire Pit or a tornado in Ascension, it still amazes me. The beasts look really cool and gave a darker spin on most Greek myth monsters.

second of all
    things is the gameplay, which I'm kind of on and off about. As a fan of TPS games i knew what to expect from the gun play, hip fire is lame always zoom in over shoulder, i was wrong, enemies get so close you dont need to zoom in. Melee is strong but its still useless because it stops you and basically lets you get surrounded. The beasts are all really diverse in terms of strategy but AI is still average. Weapon variation and customization types are wacky and i like them. the test of faith keep the mazes refreshing when you grab your friends and run the same maze once more.

my only downside to this game would have to be the additions it needs. (entire suggestions thread is filling up on steam forums under the game) deliver some new mazes, monsters, weapons and clothing, and we'll buy it because you already have some awesome fans.
  12. Apr 26, 2013
    It's perfect to one third person game, the graphics are not surprising however are not bad. The gameplay is not bad however could be better. The game is cool for co-op, the abilities that can be shared with friends, and upgrades.
  13. Apr 28, 2013
    For me, I’m always out there trying to find a new game that I can spend a good hour playing and feel like I’ve achieved something, whilst GodMode doesn’t fully cover that it does offer me a rather good pace and enjoyable set of games to play. Whilst the whole 3rd person shot-em-up is not a new style of game play I feel with the Test of Fates (the random bonuses/disadvantages you gain at certain points of each map) offer that unique element which keeps me interested through out.

My main issue with this game though is that it does get same-y after a while but if you have a few mates trying to complete “Gold” difficulty can be rather fun if not challenging.
  14. Apr 29, 2013
    This is a heck of a game at any price. It has lots of replay value. It has lots of nice eye-candy, and with friends it is a blast to play co-op, and with unknowns it is almost always still a blast.
    At less than ten bucks?
    I call it a deal.
    What are movies now? Two hours and at least ten dollars?
  15. May 13, 2013
    Great mindless killing fun. Very much worth the price. The different test of faiths keep it varied and interesting.
    Would be nice if you could customize your avatars appearance more though.
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    Really surprised at the low scores for this game. I picked it up on Steam and have put in over 20 hours, maxing out level, acquiring God Mode, and maxing most weapons and abilities. It's a solid experience: simple, straightforward mechanics (run & gun), and a blast to play with friends. Reminds me of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, in the way that it handles, which, for me, is a good thing. I was using an XB360 controller on my PC, so I can't speak on keyboard/mouse controls.

You can increase the difficulty by tier (bronze, silver or gold) or by toggling modifiers (no for a greater challenge, with greater rewards. It looks good, it plays really, really well, and it's only $10. One concern, in it being multiplayer only, is availability of matches in the future if no one is playing. In the middle of writing this, I actually jumped on and was able to find a couple matches, which is a good sign.

It's hard to gauge what peoples expectations are on this, and most obscure, indie titles. Apparently, some people want it to be 'finished' or 'fleshed out', like it's some sort of incomplete project. I think it's exactly what the developers designed it to be, but maybe it's difficult for people to objectively analyze a game that doesn't fit the molds that they are used to. Unfortunate. If you are on the fence, I'd say give it a try. It's about or less than the cost of a 2 hour theatrical movie, depending on your region. Talk a friend into playing it with you, if you need to, but I think you'll find that it's time and money well spent.
  17. Jul 15, 2013
    Fantastic game. Looks beautiful. Did not expect that. Video through steam does not do it justice. Great Flow. Has the potential to be a blockbuster or high rated game. Great Idea for a game. Hoping for their to be a number 2.
  18. Aug 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. um otimo jogo para se jogar com amigos e assim passar boas horas de diversão. Não dá vontade de parar de jogar, pois a cada nível q sobe e a cada dinheiro q se ganha, você pode comprar e "uppar" as armas e o proprio caracter, fazendo assim um jogo dificil de enjoar, e qdo vc achar q etiver bom, vc pode ir aumentando os níveis de dificuldade, se tornando assim, um jogo extenso e divertido. Expand
  19. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is not expensive at all the only bad thing that i have to say about it is that it takes like half an hour to find some team mates but for that price the game is outstanding it's a lot of fun especially if you play it with your friends the fact that every level is different is great because there are not to many different creatures I played the game i recommend it it's a lot of fun for that low price Expand
  20. Apr 26, 2013
    TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS GAME OR EVEN CURIOUS ABOUT IT:

This game is

1. Jun 10, 2013
    God Mode feels like a free-to-play game that somehow got released without a trace of microtransactions. If you want to kill tons of monsters in co-op, better get Serious Sam 3: BFE.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    God Mode is a likable run-of-the-mill effort that can offer a couple of enjoyable hours, but nothing more. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.64]
  3. May 13, 2013
    God Mode tries to vary, but fails to do so completely. It comes down to being a game in which you'll shoot a lot of enemies, mindlessly running towards you. Which is as exciting and original as it sounds: not at all.