6.9

1. Apr 20, 2013
    It's a great looking and solid action game but it's too shallow to have any staying power. The enemies look impressive, but there's little variation in how to take any of them down. Circle strafe and pump full of bullets. Are are weapons and abilities to unlock, but everything feels kind of samey and doesn't really open up new tactical approaches. The lack of well defined classes and too fast a pace to be tactical kind of sinks this.

My friends and I did a few rounds and decided to go back to Killing Floor and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Yes, the game is very cheap but it's still a game being sold; it should be more complete. IMO the bugs make it borderlineunplayable. I've yet to complete a multiplayer game because of the bugs tha keep popping up that prevent you from completing it. Always-on mics are obviously annoying, and that could have easily been fixed but for reason they didn't fix it. Gameplay is very shallow, you run around and kill monsters... that's it, it gets old pretty fast but that should be obvious going in. Yes, the game is cheap but it be worth it to spend a little more time finishing it up and fixing the bugs and charge a little more if needed. Right now I don't think it's worth your $10.

This game is a good example of what's wrong with steam, a lot of unfinished games but since there's no publishing costs anyone can throw some crap out there and people will buy it simply because it's cheap.
  3. Aug 12, 2013
    I just made an account specifically to review this game. This game is TRASH. I have never been quite so upset as i have been from this game. From the day it came out players, including i, were having problems getting the game to work correctly. I spent hours trying to get it to work, when it finally would for a short stint, i would usually end up stuck in perpetual matchmaking due to the lack of other players online either due to the bad rap it had already received because of the issues with operation, or because of those issues themselves.

Now, the short amount of game time from the obscene amount of time i spent trying to play, was fairly decent. It's basically like any 3rd person arcade shooter really. There are a handful of purchasable upgrades, but nothing innovative about it. It could satisfy a shoot-em-up fix, that is if you could ever sit there long enough to actually be able to play. (i literally left the game on for 7+ hours one night when i fell asleep with it match making, it never found a match...)

After being able to actually play it for a little amount of sustained time a "patch" completely broke the game and now i can't even get to the main menu. Not like it would matter since i'm positive i still wouldn't ever be able to find a match. I'm so sick of the thought of this game anymore. Steam refuses to give a refund for this widely known-to-be-broken piece of trash. They basically responded by telling my to modify the source code, which besides being ridiculous to ask when i PAID FOR THE GAME, wouldn't even be possible if i didn't have visual studio already for the engineering classes i'm in. Oh, steam also deleted my thread on the game forums where i was pointing out that a refund needed to be supplied for this obviously broken game. It is not okay to expect your customers to fix your broken game when they paid good money for it, devs. Steam, it's not okay to sell a broken game and not stand behind the products you endorse.

Supreme disappointment abounds from this game. I must say, in that it's a pretty unique game.
  4. Apr 25, 2013
    Wow, what a waste of money, Let alone the $8.99 I wasted on this junk and gamers you know there are much better games out there then God Mode for less money.. This game tries to hard to be a shooter game and fails at it poorly. Haven't yet been able to play a co-op game since no one one my friends list purchased this crap, but I still feel that it will not change the boring game play what so ever. The leveling up weapon system is a big joke its seems like its only there to keep you interested in playing the game and without that it would fail even more. The way the maps are setup and where you can go and the enemy can be, you'll find yourself looking up on top of one the building fixtures trying to shoot a crappy ass weapon a long distance in order to kill them and unable able to reach them. You start with the worst weapon so get use to that until you can purchase a better one which takes a long while and alot of yawning. The game tries to bring a changed to each map by making the enemies smaller, or changing your weapon every so many seconds and other attempts to change the way you play, but still does not make this game fun at all. Save your money or wait for a 75% off sale this way you will not be upset when you play this junk. Expand
  5. Apr 25, 2013
    Money saving time! No point in buying this game. Especially considering you can play games like Warframe for free (and it's better than this thing).

Low budget doesn't have to mean bad, but it really is an incoherent spamfest that you pretty much have to play coop in order for it not to be utterly ridiculous. I don't know why others were motivated to continue playing so many better
    games out there, just why? Expand
  6. Apr 19, 2013
    For $8.99 you get what you pay for. Game feels clunky and cheap. This might be because i've been playing Warframe which is super smooth and pretty in comparison. Enemy tactics also feel cheap and leave you with a feeling that no matter what you did, you would not have passed the level. This may be due to a lack of an effective dodge or the painfully slow recovery time after getting knocked down which allows for perma-stuns by the enemy. This leaves you with a feeling of grinding to get better guns and weapons as i don't think i'll be able to complete a whole level with the starting guns.

Weapon upgrades feel completely ineffective with no noticable difference in accuracy or damage to guns. Clip size upgrade does give you more bullets per clip though. It's quite buggy too. I've crashed a few times at random and there is no option to reconnect to a party that you were in. This leaves you without rewards or experience from the level. Very frustrating.

Always on mics and reverb are an issue as there is not an option to mute people. Gold, pickups and kills (experience?) are not shared which for a co-op game does not encourage team play. A number of times i desperately needed a health or armour pickup to have a team-mate snatch it first. Deaths are also shared.

Overall this game has potential but in it's current state it frustrates me far too much for me to continue playing.
  7. Aug 21, 2014
    Although i haven't played God Mode, I did see the trailer on Steam. In the trailer, it showed beautiful maps, with a Greek mythology feel. I could easily see it as a cool adventure game. But then, I saw the gameplay. The game had the players be modern day solders, fighting against these zombie looking creatures, with modern day guns. Personally, I don't think those two genres should mix. I quickly lost interest in the game. Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2013
    Boring, bland, poorly made multi-player only third person shooter.

You and three other crappily designed characters wander around a small area that looks like it belongs more in one of Painkiller's many shovelware standalone expansions. You stand in place mostly, waiting for the same few enemies to pop up to be killed, then you get to move on and do the same.

This isn't a $10 game.
    There's about 40 minutes worth of content and a surprisingly long list of bugs compared to that small amount of content. Overall I'd say asking anything more than $2.50 is ridiculous. Expand

1. Jun 10, 2013
    God Mode feels like a free-to-play game that somehow got released without a trace of microtransactions. If you want to kill tons of monsters in co-op, better get Serious Sam 3: BFE.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    God Mode is a likable run-of-the-mill effort that can offer a couple of enjoyable hours, but nothing more. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.64]
  3. May 13, 2013
    God Mode tries to vary, but fails to do so completely. It comes down to being a game in which you'll shoot a lot of enemies, mindlessly running towards you. Which is as exciting and original as it sounds: not at all.