8.0

1. Oct 19, 2013
    Great humour but a huge step back when compared to Memoria. Don't expect anything to ever make sense in this game; it never does. Only random guesswork will get you anywhere, as it suffers from the worst "puzzle" design i have seen in a long time. Very disappointing.
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    Just awesome quest. Lovely characters and story. A lot of humor and even a bit of drama. And all this at the highest level of performance. Bravo, Daedalic Entertainment!
  3. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I... can't say what exactly i feel to third part. So let's find out.
    I catched myself on thought i almost didn't play quest games. So i decided to meet genre. Deponia intrested me by her marvelous graphic style. I played first part. For all adventure i had a feeling that something is wrong. Sometimes float unlogical decisions. sometimes it was getting boring, and almost for all playing time I couldn't get what the game want from me. I thought I will get the final and never remember it again... and it could catch me in the very end. Unexpected plot turn in the end was like a shock therapy. So I bought the dilogy in Steam and fast enough began to play the second part. This part was much better. Developers worked with game world, improved puzzles and did it more obvious, add many intresting characters which made them love, and show many emotional scenes which could make you do everytihing: fun, cry, live through and greedily play further to recognize: what next, what next?! I loved the game without the rest and very waiting for third part. And when I got almost nothing could bring me out from it, I played two days. Everything is fine in the game was cool fun from meeting old friends, unexpected turns of plot, intresting places, atmosphere music, and many humour white and black. I even didn't notice, how i bonded to Rufus. This character never boring, egoistic in the beginning of his way but changing for the all trilogy and becoming real hero and martyr in the end, like he said "How is it possible not to like me?!".
    And it's only increasing trategy in the end. The only person who really deserved the place on Elysium... Must die in the end?! First- i saw it somwhere else... Oh, common! You can see it EVERYWHERE in the films. And there it's can be accepted and you can live further like nothing happened, because it's a single story, you listen it for two hours and you don't bond to characters and story too hard. But videogames absolutely different. Because it's you personal story, and longer you get involved then deeper in you heart it falls. And I consider than hero in the end must be judged for his way, how he made trough it, how he changed himself on it. And i can say this Rufus just didn't deserve the death, even heroic. Why everyone think that story must end not logical way but somehow different to make the story unusual and rememberable (that is sarcasm)?! Daedelic, Why you don't think that fan want happy ending? Why do you kick the balls third time?! I'm sure, that i'm not the only one who think like this.
    And... I think i shouldn't be upset because of the fate of hero. I must thank for he existing and gifted us much happy hours. Thank you, Rufus. I suppouse you won't get in hell to fix junk presses. I beleive you fall on somebody poor who had much less luck.
  4. Oct 21, 2013
    Goodbye Deponia is a fun final round for Poki's Deponia Trilogie. The Story has so many memorable characters and one of the cutest female leads (Goal) in gaming. Rufus is still a huge dick. But a very entertaining dick. The Puzzles are mostly quite absurd and silly, but that's what I want from a Game by Poki. The (german) Voice-acting is pure gold. I can't say anything about the english voice-work yet.
    But the ending...isn't particularly "bad". It's just not very satisfying. It feels like the game ends without a real close. It feels a bit rushed.

Nonetheless. This Game is pure fun with a little bit of serious-ish Drama. The whole Deponia Trilogy might be the best thing Poki did till now. Buy it, play it, love it.
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    i have truly enjoyed this series, but i have no idea what happened in the final installment. through out this third half it seams like the wrighter of the story decided to go emo. you will be disapointed all the way through the end which is horable if you played the first two games. i the ending though is a kick to the groin for everyone that has followed the series.

now onto the good
    the art is what youd ecpect from the last 2 installments. it is a tang of fun and excitment that will pop from the screen its easy to get lost in the art of the game and loose focus on the main story line of the game as you click on things just to see what they can do. the music in the game is captivating and enhances the art and animation. they go vary well together.

all in all though in the end i have to give this a 2 for working to get to this i feel betrayed by the fact i bought the first two games. also played them to get to this blunder oc a game and end of the story.
  6. Oct 22, 2013
    playing recently both deponia and chaos on deponia i can say that this one seem a little short and easy if we can compare to both previous releases. there were one or two points in the game i found myself stuck and randomly combining items but i manage to get through it usually after few attempts. instead of first 2 parts, in this one story is pushing you far more straight. i was kinda hoping ill enjoy in beautiful landscapes like in 2nd part (platipus puzzles and whole city was amazing) but there were just few locations actually hotel-ship-sewers- and -in_front_rebel_camp_place. game overall was pretty funny, a few references on previous games and some other (super mario, monkey island...) and jokes was on place (even if some people says the one with monkey is kinda racist but imo it was just fun).
    i didnt like that much idea with death and cloning but somehow that part was very quick.
    somehow i still feel (hope) this is not the end of entire series because final cut-scene isnt saying Rufus is dead, it was Cletus actually. At one point camera is showing very precisle the Elysium so am kinda expecting if there ever gonna be another realease (which i really hope) we can maybie start adventure on Elysium. There is deffinitely more to say in these game.
    respect
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    Awesome game with hilarious jokes and scenes, great story and beautiful backgrounds. Few of the puzzles are a bit frustrating but I loved all of them. Thanks Daedalic Entertainment.
  8. Oct 20, 2013
    An adorable final episode with a few minor technical issues. The backdrop graphics is excellent, but the graphics of some new characters (e.g., the psychologist) have low quality. The music is great. I spent playing 25 hours, half of it just trying everything on everyone; not for the funny responses, but to get unstuck. Had to check the forums for some clues. The game suffers from the "use the tape on the cat" syndrome: twisted logic actions and denied straight paths. (For example, one task involved creating an imprint, but unless Rufus visited the psychologist before to name a similar imprint, the imprint just dissolved into a blob.) Despite the shortcomings, the series is a definite buy. Expand
  9. Feb 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a game with so much more crazy ideas on how to solve puzzles than the other two. Almost all the times you have to be selfish and mean to get through the plot. This was actually fun for me to think like that. Also drama and and even jokes in this one is a bit deeper which fist for the final section. However for someone like me who tend to attach strongly to fictional characters, the ending really sucked. It managed to take the fun out of the video game and somehow made me regret the time I invested on the story. Expand
  10. Oct 21, 2013
    Goodbye Deponia is a good game with some very hard puzzles, but the story is a little bit confusing and you have to use all dialogue options to get the point. Nevertheless it's a must play for every fan of point and click adventures and redefines the standard of this genre.
  11. Mar 23, 2014
    Goodbye Deponia is well written in that it does make your emotionally involved with the plight of the characters in the story. There are some laughs here and there as well as some comical references pulled from many other games and TV shows and while it seems to be worth playing, I personally thought so too until the dramatic climax. I had flashbacks to the horrible ending of Mass effect trilogy it was the same thing all over again a Non-ending. One that leaves you with a disgust for the entire series after seeing it. It very quickly goes from something you liked to play and were fond of to a bitter memory that you shake your head and try to forget when it pops into your mind. Do your self a favor and don't play any of these three games you will just be disappointed at the end. Any way you look at how this thing ended they are all horrible. I believe the author of the story even deliberately gloated the fact at the end. Basically saying look I made this awesome story watch as I destroy it with a baseball bat.

There was also several things in the story itself that made me cringe.

#1 separating two love birds and forcing one of them into indentured servitude.
    #2 convincing kids to touch a pedophiles penis, and also doing it yourself. Then convincing woman to get the pedophiles penis tattooed on there arms.
    #3 killing baby dolphins and turning them into cat food for a puzzle.

There were others but this is all I can point out without adding spoilers.
    Don't buy the game
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    Put simply, Goodbye Deponia completes one of the best adventure trilogies we've seen in years. Voice acting is good, the art is pretty and consistent. You meet a TON of characters (and ruin all their lives in the process). Put simply if you are in anyway a fan of adventure games this is a must play.

If I can give you one hint to solving the puzzles though, it is to pretend you are the
    worst human being in existence. If you can do this then all the puzzles make sense. Probably the biggest detraction from the game is the main character, Rufus. Rufus is just UNLIKEABLE. Through out the series, you keep hoping that some where along the line he'd mature a bit and think of others, but no. Only at the end do we get anything close to this. He is so awful, that for me some puzzle were insolvable because I couldn't get into the mindset of doing something so horrible to progress.

But keep in mind this is more of a satire on how old adventure games had you do bad things and you would still be the hero. Here there no question that nobody thinks that Rufus is a hero. In the end, if you're interested in irreverent (offensive) comedy, a good story and a strong adventure game, then the Deponia series is an excellent place to look.

1. Feb 28, 2014
    Unfortunately, Goodbye Deponia is a wasted effort by Daedalic because it's marred by a series of bad moral decisions, and the protagonist is the epitome of unlikeable.
  2. Goodbye Deponia tells a beautiful story without losing its humor. A must buy for adventure fans.
  3. Jan 10, 2014
    It’s hard to leave this game – it’s beautiful, sound great and is extremely involving. A must-have for the fans of Day of the Tentacle, Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams. [01/2014, p.70]