4.3

1. Oct 14, 2011
    Im not gonna say its the worst game in the series, because i dont even consider it as a part of the glorious Gothic franchise. Im gonna say though that its one of the worst games ever made. Im giving it a 0 due to the amount of bugs, which might make the game LITERALLY unplayable. If you even get this thing to work, you might not even be able to beat it, because the quests and NPCs are bugged. Even if they ever fix the bugs, it still has terrible gameplay, story, art design, everyhing. Its just a failure. Expand
  2. Jul 27, 2011
    First and foremost. I am an avid fan of the Gothic universe. I love all of the games... except this one. MORE bugs that require the download of a 1.5GB community patch, the dialogue is HORRIBLE, the voice actors are amateurs who did not take the time to put an effort into their emotions, the main story as well as the side quests lack any sort of direction and are entirely redundant and not very well planned or written. Aside from NPC's and Quests; there is hardly any new gear. This game is a disgrace to Gothic overall and shames Dreamcatcher/JoWood. THANK GOD Piranha-Bytes had nothing to do with it as it would have further tarnished their reputation after JoWood FORCED them to release Gothic III when it wasn't ready.

BOTTOM LINE: Not worth your time, or money. If you want to give it a go, look at more of these reviews or go find it somewhere for free, but don't waste a single penny on this shabby attempt at a Gothic game, I'm stripping it from my library as a Gothic game, all the others are fine but I'm not even going to bother to sell this excuse for a game, it's going straight into the trash.
  3. May 15, 2011
    Piranha dumped JoWood because they blamed them for a buggy game. However, on my Alienware Desktop that I ordered last year (2010), Forsaken Gods crashes non-stop in the first 5 minutes. No matter what I do, it will not run. However, the original Gothic 3 runs okay. Bugs taken into account, I am glad I got this as a bundle for $5 with all existing Gothic Games on steam. Gothic 1 is great. Gothic 4 is definitely fun. Other than that, I would avoid the other Gothic games all together. Piranha thought they were improving on a buggy game, but ended up creating a worse one by changing things and adding more bugs. This game is simply non-playable. Expand
  4. Dec 24, 2013
    Very similar play to Gothic 3 (no surprise). Game save/load times are greatly decresed from Gothic 3. However, there are gamebreaking bugs (such as certain characters being absent from their designated areas) that can occur even at the beginning, yet won't be know until being hours into the game. For my example I was missing Gorn. The only preventative measure to this issue is to literally run to every city and check if all the required main questline characters are there, and this is time consuming/challenging at best. The game would range around an 8 for overall playability for me, but given that the missing character issue ruined 40+ hours of game time (I like to take my time and do all the available quests in each area. Plus I restarted the game a 2nd time to start over and did it again in a streamlined way before I discovered the character was missing and I just hadn't done something wrong (I try to play w/o guides and hints when I play). The issue was actually bad enough I couldn't complete the game (and kept reappearing despite repeated installs) so the score is halved. Expand
  5. Mar 4, 2014
    I bought this thinking it was Gothic 3 + an expansion, but it turns out it was just the stand alone ''Forsaken Gods'' expansion.. Where to start.. the game as a whole feels like an RPG full of clich├ęs with nothing new to offer, the voice acting is horrible, especially the main character, the script isn't better and the story is god forsakenly awful. Get it ?? The only thing I enjoy in the game right now is the nice scenery and graphics and sometimes a little of the fighting game play. I paid 2 $ for the game and wouldn't wish it on anyone, good day ! Expand
  6. Jul 27, 2011

This title is outright disastrous. It was obviously released without thorough or perhaps any testing. The game is rife with design and performance problems and ultimately is unplayable.
    And in the process of keeping it real, I have to comment on Forsaken Gods' combat system, which is -- without a doubt -- the worst I've ever encountered in a game.
  3. A downright frightening army of bugs both scares away any potential fan of Gothic and eliminates any fun that could have been had with the game. [Issue#17]