Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods PC

3.9

1. Jul 8, 2011
    I actually really liked it in its present state now that it's been patched a lot. Freeing Orc held towns is great fun. It's also huge (probably where they went wrong in being too ambitious). Still got a lot of bugs but I could get round them. Certainly gave me a lot of fun for a long time.
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    There is very little that needs to be said about this. IT DOESN"T WORK. I bought this in late 2012. Installed it and tried to play. Couldn't so anything and it CRASHED. So four years after release the developers never fixed this garbage, but Steam still sells it. This is not a game, its a FRAUD! AVOID at all costs! May I remind you that 5/10 in my present scale is truly a 0/10 according toThere is very little that needs to be said about this. IT DOESN"T WORK. I bought this in late 2012. Installed it and tried to play. Couldn't so anything and it CRASHED. So four years after release the developers never fixed this garbage, but Steam still sells it. This is not a game, its a FRAUD! AVOID at all costs! May I remind you that 5/10 in my present scale is truly a 0/10 according to standard reckoning. Even respect for the process of game design cannot extend when a game is as fundamentally broken as this.

3. Jul 27, 2011
    First and foremost. I am an avid fan of the Gothic universe. I love all of the games... except this one. MORE bugs that require the download of a 1.5GB community patch, the dialogue is HORRIBLE, the voice actors are amateurs who did not take the time to put an effort into their emotions, the main story as well as the side quests lack any sort of direction and are entirely redundant and notFirst and foremost. I am an avid fan of the Gothic universe. I love all of the games... except this one. MORE bugs that require the download of a 1.5GB community patch, the dialogue is HORRIBLE, the voice actors are amateurs who did not take the time to put an effort into their emotions, the main story as well as the side quests lack any sort of direction and are entirely redundant and not very well planned or written. Aside from NPC's and Quests; there is hardly any new gear. This game is a disgrace to Gothic overall and shames Dreamcatcher/JoWood. THANK GOD Piranha-Bytes had nothing to do with it as it would have further tarnished their reputation after JoWood FORCED them to release Gothic III when it wasn't ready.

BOTTOM LINE: Not worth your time, or money. If you want to give it a go, look at more of these reviews or go find it somewhere for free, but don't waste a single penny on this shabby attempt at a Gothic game, I'm stripping it from my library as a Gothic game, all the others are fine but I'm not even going to bother to sell this excuse for a game, it's going straight into the trash.

This title is outright disastrous. It was obviously released without thorough or perhaps any testing. The game is rife with design and performance problems and ultimately is unplayable.
    And in the process of keeping it real, I have to comment on Forsaken Gods' combat system, which is -- without a doubt -- the worst I've ever encountered in a game.
  3. Gamers.at
    A downright frightening army of bugs both scares away any potential fan of Gothic and eliminates any fun that could have been had with the game. [Issue#17]