8.1

1. Nov 9, 2011
    This is the best DLC/expansion I have ever played. It wasn't very long, I finished it both TLaD and TBoGT in three hours. It tied in nicely with the storyline of GTA IV. I would only recommend you play after you have played GTA IV. If you don't then it won't make any sense and you won't know what is going on.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    this is a good game, its better than the normal gta 4 in my opinion, but the only serious flaw i find is that for pc gamers the game runs terribly, i have a pretty mid-high end system but when i first got gta 4 the game worked perfect and id play it for ages, anyway when episodes from liberty city was released they changed the way the game was rendered with a patch and it made the game runthis is a good game, its better than the normal gta 4 in my opinion, but the only serious flaw i find is that for pc gamers the game runs terribly, i have a pretty mid-high end system but when i first got gta 4 the game worked perfect and id play it for ages, anyway when episodes from liberty city was released they changed the way the game was rendered with a patch and it made the game run badly, the game stutters a lot even at medium settings where before i could play on high and enjoy the beutiful city rockstar had created in the gta world but now this ruins the game for me, i can play it but it just fustrates me that a game tha once was perfect got ruined for me and many other users by a patch to make the game look just a little but better for the people with supercomputers, if you have a supercomputer though the game wil work fine but if u just use a regular gaming pc like most gamers u may find this game doesnt perform too well and it may kill the experience of it for you, which is pretty dissapointing becasue its a really fun game to play Expand
  3. Mar 10, 2012
    This double-pack right here is proof of the greatness of Rockstar Games! DLC? These are complete games in their own rights, as short as they are. From dedicated stories to new weapons, interiors, cars and characters, nothing is left out. And each episode delivers, from the gritty feel of TLAD to the vibe of TBOGT, there's nothing to be missed! And above all, this is also an example forThis double-pack right here is proof of the greatness of Rockstar Games! DLC? These are complete games in their own rights, as short as they are. From dedicated stories to new weapons, interiors, cars and characters, nothing is left out. And each episode delivers, from the gritty feel of TLAD to the vibe of TBOGT, there's nothing to be missed! And above all, this is also an example for many other developers/publishers about "how it should be done"! Expand
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    I think it's a great game, it is literally perfect. I hope Rockstar keeps bringing out GTA's on PC. There were some performance issues with the PC port but the EFLC had most of the issues fixed optimised. Definitely worth a purchase.
  5. Jan 19, 2013
    Such a great game with tons and tons of fun. Really you have to get this set! 3 of the best Grand Theft Auto in one pack. Johnny Klebitz , Luis Lopez and Niko Bellic rock!
  6. Sep 8, 2013
    Bad optimization and GFWL makes it worse.
    Dancing is not fun. The vehicles control like boats.
    Won't work properly on Windows 8.
    This seems like a cheap port.
  7. Sep 20, 2011
    Endless hours of entertainment with this game weather you choose to do missions, or just cause havoc on the streets of Liberty City. Of course the more missions you complete, the more you're going to have options as far as weapons and newer exotic vehicles to steal. Software itself is well rendered and the modelling within the game is superb without causing my system to grind to a ultraEndless hours of entertainment with this game weather you choose to do missions, or just cause havoc on the streets of Liberty City. Of course the more missions you complete, the more you're going to have options as far as weapons and newer exotic vehicles to steal. Software itself is well rendered and the modelling within the game is superb without causing my system to grind to a ultra slow march. Spectacular graphics with settings maxed out- well worth the upgrade of your video card if required. Expand
  8. Mar 20, 2012
    I don't suppose that it matters anymore, but I'll toss in an opinion here. GTAIV was the game that got me into the console vidgame hobby. The sheer depth of the characters and their stories impressed me greatly and convinced me of the merit of the video game as a narrative medium. It took me literally months to fully explore Liberty City and satisfactorily mine most of the humor andI don't suppose that it matters anymore, but I'll toss in an opinion here. GTAIV was the game that got me into the console vidgame hobby. The sheer depth of the characters and their stories impressed me greatly and convinced me of the merit of the video game as a narrative medium. It took me literally months to fully explore Liberty City and satisfactorily mine most of the humor and pathos to be found. As a British satire of American urban life, GTAIV was nothing short of genius. So when presented with yet another chance to experience Liberty city, I RAN to the store. EfLC certainly did not disappoint. Yes, it amounted to a couple of big expansion packs, but so what? I got all the humor, all the depth, and all the fun all over again. When I booted up TBGT and realized where Luis was and what was about to happen, and that I was going to get to watch it from someone else' perspective, I smiled to myself because I knew that I was in for a great ride. The mechanics were identical to GTAIV. Good, because they are complex and I was already familiar with them, so the game didn't try to force me to learn new ones in the name of novelty. Like GTAIV, TBGT and TLATD were story driven action titles. Great. Unlike GTAIV, I got a chance to understand more fully the forces that were acting on Nico by following two parallel characters. All three had a profound effect on one another, yet each was barely aware of the existence of the other two. When combined, these games represent the ultimate existential adventure. I have never been able to find a single meaningful criticism of these games. Expand
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    Episodes from Liberty City is more like a big expansion pack than "DLC." You get two completely new campaigns for an absurdly low price. Lots of new weapons, new vehicles, new helicopters, new cutscenes, new characters, and more explosive (and I mean EXPLOSIVE... heheh) GTA action - all crammed into one purchase, for a low price.

Don't expect new graphics though. It's the same game-world

Don't expect new graphics though. It's the same game-world and city as GTAIV, it's just with significantly more new content to enjoy. If you haven't purchased it yet, I would definitely recommend it. It's a great value, and it'll be more than enough to keep you entertained until GTA V comes out!
  10. Jan 11, 2012
    WTF ?! why everyone rate this 10?
    WTF ?! why everyone rate this 10?
    the game is small the map is the same u cant buy new clothes (u can only chose 5-6 **** suits from ur house ) its only 2 different stories ... and to small stories ... the original iv was taking some time to finish and this is only 6 hours only yeah there are some side missions too that make it 8 hours,,,, i was expecting more coz i saw all the good ratings and it was GTA i always love but,,,,...
    coz its a GTA game doesnt mean that needs to be rated with 10 guys,.,., i rate it 5 coz its just a good story and u have some new guns ... it doesnt worth more than 10 euro.....
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Just as GTA IV, the game is very good (or, in this case, the GAMES), but it's really bad optimized. The worst porting that I've ever seen in my life. The heaviest game that exists. Even a $50000 computer can't handle it with max. settings with 100+ FPS. The max. FPS which you can get with the max. settings are probably 60, with the best computer that can be bought. Also, it's full of bugsJust as GTA IV, the game is very good (or, in this case, the GAMES), but it's really bad optimized. The worst porting that I've ever seen in my life. The heaviest game that exists. Even a $50000 computer can't handle it with max. settings with 100+ FPS. The max. FPS which you can get with the max. settings are probably 60, with the best computer that can be bought. Also, it's full of bugs and multiplayer lags. If you press a key during a climbing, you'll get teleported, simulating a lag. The game is not very well protected from cheaters.
    Graphics: 6 (good/very good)
    Performance and technique: 0.65 (very bad, painful)
    Longevity: 6.25 (very good)
    Plot: 6 (good/very good)
    Gameplay: 4 (mediocre/bad. Unfortunately, the low performance also inflicts the gameplay, because you can't play very well with 12 FPS)

OVERALL SCORE: 4.5.

I'd like to say that I love GTA IV and EFLC (as well as any other GTA). I've played them for more than 2 years on multiplayer and everyone's really disappointed with its very bad done performance and, overall, the game's programming. When I played this game, my GPU was used 100% and it reached 95°C. If it wasn't a port (or, at least, if it was a well done port) and it was a well done game, I'd give it 6 or 7, which means that it's a great game.
  12. Aug 28, 2012
    You get a zero for: It requires a Games For Windows Live profile. I try to create a windows live account with my email. Nope, my email is already in use. Weird, pretty sure I never created a windows live account with it. Initiate Microsoft's password recovery process. Doesn't work. Spend 4 hours trying to troubleshoot. Realize that windows live password recovery process sucks monkeyYou get a zero for: It requires a Games For Windows Live profile. I try to create a windows live account with my email. Nope, my email is already in use. Weird, pretty sure I never created a windows live account with it. Initiate Microsoft's password recovery process. Doesn't work. Spend 4 hours trying to troubleshoot. Realize that windows live password recovery process sucks monkey balls. Finally go through some windows non-live site to create account with email. Go back to live site and login. It works. Go back into game to log into windows live within the game. It finally logs in. But wait! My steam key is invalid. Go to steam forums. See 15 different trouble shooting techniques already suggested to fix the invalid key issue and Games For Windows Live problems that thousands of other people are having as well. Try them. Nothing works. Go into game and play without profile. Game doesn't auto-save when not logged into profile. Realize that games that don't let the users choose when and what to save/load completely suck. (insert zero punctuation rant) Screw around in the game a bit and realize it's just another shiatty console port to PC. Expand
  13. Jan 29, 2015
    Gunfight style is similar to Rainbow Six Vegas, but failed to work properly all the time, far too clumsy to match RB6 Vegas', and that should induce the fear factor like you're playing DEAD SPACE (another PC game title).

RPG shoot straight and explode mostly, but at other times there are shots that went trailing off target though no target lock has been acquired. Arcade like and clumsy shooting styles, worser than GTA SA, though harder to kill enemy, but just not as much fun as the AI are rather dumb.

Player walk/runs around like Mr BEAN, sometimes he stopped running all of a sudeen and so need to make him run again, turning and running around are clumsy like MR BEAN - stop, pause and stand still animations are MR BEAN like.

Driving simulations is more realistic and better than Sleeping Dogs' ... but no power sliding to do a U-turn on a stand still or very slow speed - you held onto accelerator and handbrake and there is no power spin at all.

For some reasons anti-aliasing is not applicable on my AMD/ATi graphic card, I can't seem to find any AA settings in-game either.
  14. Nov 22, 2016
    Tough choice. I loved GTA IV, and think game-wise that was one of the best example in video-gaming.
    However, all things, good and bad, must come to an end, and the Murphy's Law #132 dictates. And so did this series as well as Rockstar, at least for me.

My SocialClub account would not work with the game. So i tried my Microsoft Live account, to no avail. I went ahead and created another Social Club account but still could not log into the Club. I tried playing Offline Mode, but was surprised to find out that my progress would not be saved unless i was logged in. I researched some stuff on internet. Pretty futile, since all i could find is lack of response from Rockstar Support Team. I tested my Microsoft Box account and it work with another game, but not with Liberty. I went ahead and created another Live Account and was finally able to log into the game. Hooray! However, i did spent... wasted over 2 hours just trying to get the game working. Ammm, pretty much a fail at this point, but i really respect the series and started playing.

Well, i played for a couple of hours and was not impressed. The story seemed to be involving, the characters - well-developed, although copy-pasted from the original (talking about the protagonist), the missions kind of samey but still fun. What drove me nuts was that after fighting through a mission you have to make sure your bike is not destroyed, or that you don't accidentally get onto someone else's bike, because in both cases - guess what - start the mission over, without money or bullets. And when you are doing a mission with your partner you need to make sure his bike doesn't get wrecked during the combat as well. So here was my mission - we come to the spot, the stupid mo-fo drops his bike right in line of fire of the enemy, i then hide my bike behind the corner, run towards his bike, and repark the damn thing, while, of course, bullets are whistling above my head. Die once - it's ok, replay the mission because you still have money to buy a new armor and some bullets. Die a second time - and that's it - no bullets no money to buy them.

So the game itself is around 7/10, but the DRM brings it down for me - i can't have constant internet connection, nor do i want to play online, nor do i have to register some stupid log in name, etc.

Bye-bye Rockstar.
    I'll find a gazzilion of games to support with my money who are not yet as greedy as you.

FAIL.
  15. May 9, 2014
    Game: Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City
    Genre: Shooter/Action
    Developer: Rockstar System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 87/100 Value Score: 8.7/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 8/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +Two storylines in one and two protagonists in
    Game: Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +Two storylines in one and two protagonists in their Point of view on the GTAIV storyline
    +Fills up and explains major plot holes that occurred in GTAIV
    +More weapons and vehicles
    +Soundtrack has expanded and gotten better compared to GTAIV
    +Much more colorful cast of characters
    +Replayability in Missions (The Ballad of Gay Tony)
    +Gun Van which offers great weapons and ammo at a cheaper rate
    +Call for backup and build up your gang (The Lost and Damned)
    +Multiplayer has a better selection of weapons and vehicles

Cons
    -Lacks any extra safe houses
    -Although it is two games (two actual full sized DLCs) in one, the length and duration of the content is less than GTAIV's even combined.
  16. Jun 20, 2013
    Astonishing, Faultless, Awesome ,Clear 10. Great Graphic ,Like a real life Great missions adventure.
    Various type of Cars. Great addition is also a an execution.
  17. May 19, 2015
    The characters are great, EFLC has new features like parachuting, motorcycle racing, gang wars and new weapons, vehicles and places to visit like nightclubs. The game is a great complement to the GTA IV story. Though it runs on Game for Windows Live which is very annoying and quite difficult to setup. The game couldn't run on Windows 8.1 unless you tweak it, but it could run normally on Windows 7.
  18. Sep 7, 2013
    Spectacular DLC for a spectacular game.! Thats all i can say. Whenever i play with this DLC. I feel like i am going through an epic adventure of doing crime in reality. Graphics makes the game more amazing. The storyline, gameplay and etc. gives it a total domination of the game. I hope i could see a much better DLC for Grand Theft Auto V which releases this fall.

There are no critic reviews yet.