8.4

1. FredericksburgC.
    Oct 19, 2002
    One. Of. The. Best. Games. Ever. FACT.
  2. TimH.
    Jul 26, 2002
    This is the greatest non-sports game on Playstation 2 as of right now. It'll probably change when the second one comes out, but of course we'll all have to treat the original Grand Theft Auto 3 just as we would the original Godfather. The sequels were good, but the original started it off and will ALWAYS be a classic.
  3. Aug 16, 2010
    This is what makes Grand Theft Auto into Grand Theft Auto, it is the basic essence of the series: Stealing cars, killing people, and doing other 'shady' activities all while in a crime infested city. Although it has next to nothing to do compared to later releases in the Grand Theft Auto series, the story is still fun to play.
  4. Mar 10, 2012
    Tune in to your favourite stations, step on the gas and run over that granny. A cop is comming to arrest you, blow his head off! More cops arrive, burn them to the ground! FBI is here, and soon thye army will join in, send them to hell! Then you die. But no problem. Get in a random car and start over. Or just go wherever you want. No limits. No preprogramed paths. No nothing. Just goTune in to your favourite stations, step on the gas and run over that granny. A cop is comming to arrest you, blow his head off! More cops arrive, burn them to the ground! FBI is here, and soon thye army will join in, send them to hell! Then you die. But no problem. Get in a random car and start over. Or just go wherever you want. No limits. No preprogramed paths. No nothing. Just go wherever you want. You're free. Untill you're busted, or you pass out. Then you start it all over again, this time in a different manner. And that's why this game radically changed my view on games. I was playing Half-Life like mad. I was also playing Delta-Force: Land Warrior like mad. But i didn't realised how repetitive they were until i found GTA3. And after 10 years i still play this game. Expand
  5. BitBurn
    Jun 5, 2002
    Very refreshing!! This is a great game. Missions are awesome. The only problem is that I wasn't able to get my Thrusmaster Modena 360 steering wheel to work properly with it. But other then this, I highly recommend this game to anyone with a sense of humour...and a sense of madness!!
  6. JasonD.
    Mar 3, 2003
    Where else can you steal a fast car, shoot up thugs, and run over old ladies all in a matter of seconds?
  7. StephenL.
    Aug 2, 2002
    GAT3 is realy good because it has good graphics and you can allmost do anythinng you want. the only real problem is that you can't go into allmost anybuilding. and it would be better if you wernt in the same environment, thats all.
  8. CiaranG.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Have had many an hour playing this super game. Lots to do. I love the huge living breathing city. Was the first game I've played which has such a huge environment and so much to do.
  9. JohnnyM.
    May 30, 2002
    Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably one of the best game ever, and the PC version does the game justice. I played both the PC and PS2 versions and the graphics on the PC are better, BUT I prefer the controls in the PS2 version. I could not get used to the mouse/keyboard combination for this generally third-person game. But, except for that minor problem, the game is in every way perfect! I Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably one of the best game ever, and the PC version does the game justice. I played both the PC and PS2 versions and the graphics on the PC are better, BUT I prefer the controls in the PS2 version. I could not get used to the mouse/keyboard combination for this generally third-person game. But, except for that minor problem, the game is in every way perfect! I will buy GTA: Vice City and GTA4 when they come out! Expand
  10. AlexW.
    Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, i have seen, and played this game. It is in my opinion, the best game out there. I am thinking about buying a ps2 just for gta3. if you do not like it, or rate it under a 9(8-0) you need to be beaten to a bloody plup, and feed to man eating gang members. HA Ha Ha!!!
  11. RingoE.
    Sep 13, 2002
    Best Game ever!, great story line, almost no moving bounderies and incredible variety. Recommended!
  12. AdityaS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    G-R-E-A-T! Thats all I can say. I know its bad for children and it is not useful but the game entices us so so deeply that we are fascinated and we end up playing the entire game even though we say that is not good for our children.
  13. NickS.
    Nov 10, 2002
    This game is the best game iv ever played.
  14. ErenK.
    Oct 7, 2002
    Hey can some 1 tell me how to get rid of of sqares when u are playing the game its really anoying. I cant finish the 4th mission.
  15. VidM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    What can I say? You gotta play the game to realize that the hype isn't only all true but actually doesn't do the game justice. The world is so organic/chaotic that there are always several ways to complete a mission that the developers probably never even considered. One of the few games I've ever played where it's just and fun and addicting to lose as it is to win.
  16. Zedman
    Jun 12, 2004
    What a ride! I loved GTA3 and think all the others, even the older ones where you look from above, were real good. I cant wait for GTA San Andreas and hope it doesn't stop there.
  17. BeckyB.
    Dec 15, 2006
    I GTA3 I started to play this game and found it has great graphics challanging objectives and it's just peer adictive. I could sit and play for hours..lol tell my legs cramp up. Any how I give GTA3 a ten GO GTA3.
  18. RyanC
    Jan 16, 2008
    This game was my favorite for a long time, and still is one of my favorites. Maybe it can't stand up to more recent releases of the GTA series, but for its time, best of the best.
    Feb 19, 2004
    The only reason for giving it the 9 rating is because the only things it misses are in Vice City. Get them both I would say.
  20. AndrewMc
    Mar 28, 2004
    I bought this based on the ratings on this site - not because it was really my sort of game. It just looked too good to ignore. My first GTA experience and I am hooked - line and sinker thrown in! It's easy to learn and has a great depth of missions and superb pacing of player skill development. A huge playground to explore. Different experience every single time! And what about that I bought this based on the ratings on this site - not because it was really my sort of game. It just looked too good to ignore. My first GTA experience and I am hooked - line and sinker thrown in! It's easy to learn and has a great depth of missions and superb pacing of player skill development. A huge playground to explore. Different experience every single time! And what about that soundtrack...unbelievable! Truly the best game I have played! Expand
  21. AnonymousMC
    Sep 21, 2009
    one word Masterpiece....I think the main reason why
    upgraded my pc twice is that game...beyond being
    very demanding on u r pc if u can max everything u will really feel like u are there...so many details and so much ingenuity has been put on this game that if i had a choice of only one pc game for the rest of my life...this would be the one cause there so much possibilities beyond
    one word Masterpiece....I think the main reason why
    upgraded my pc twice is that game...beyond being
    very demanding on u r pc if u can max everything u
    will really feel like u are there...so many details and
    so much ingenuity has been put on this game that if i had a choice of only one pc game for the rest of my life...this would be the one cause there so much possibilities beyond the storyline...waiting desperatly for an extension on this game for pc...
    just amazing...
  22. DanielM.
    Dec 18, 2002
    It has great graphics and better then G.T.A vice city!!!!!
  23. Oct 28, 2014
    The missions and characters are fun.

The missions and characters are fun.

However, the game suffers from bad design, in that most of the sencond half missions are made on a "try again" basis. You woon't be able to complete them on the first try, because the game designers made damn sure of that. So between every mission, you have to go back home to save the game, then drive to whomever is giving you the mission. Cutscene (skippable, small mercies) for the mission, then drive to the mission, and fail. Try again.

So yeah, you will get many hours out of the game, most of them driving to and from the actual action, and trying the same missions over and over again.

Sure, some elements are fun, but I don't see why it is such a highly rated game. Saints' Row II was much, much better. So, to me, this game is the epitome of average. Some good, some bad, overall, meh.
  24. Apr 16, 2011
    This game could have been much better. Still, the mood of liberty city and the music on the radio save the game. The missions have vague instructions and many are impossible to do on the first few attempts due to limitations put in by the game makers. Overall, the radio is great, some cars are nice, graphics not too good, and too many bad missions. The map is extremely bad and doesn't helpThis game could have been much better. Still, the mood of liberty city and the music on the radio save the game. The missions have vague instructions and many are impossible to do on the first few attempts due to limitations put in by the game makers. Overall, the radio is great, some cars are nice, graphics not too good, and too many bad missions. The map is extremely bad and doesn't help that much. Great voice acting by the street characters of liberty city and talk show radio people. A nice game overall, even with its issues. Rockstar games is one of the worst game makers out there. The metascore is way too much. Should be around 72, not more. Expand
  25. Dec 22, 2011
    The best GTA 3 era game!!!!!!!!!!
    Why is it good, cause it's easy to mod and the story is very interesting. The radio stations are good specially the one's with commentary.
  26. Dec 6, 2011
    Awesome game. Notthing more to say here, everything in this game is good. The best graphics back then when it was released and for sure the most tr00 one of the entire serie. Vice City kept the good job on the trails, but this one is unreachable, imo.
  27. Mar 17, 2012
    The PC version, while not as good as the PS2 version, is still a lot of fun. The controls take some time to get used to however.
  28. May 13, 2012
    This is where it all started. I remember playing this game 10 years ago and my computer just couldn't handle the "high-end" graphics. Reliving the experience now, it's still an amazing score despite the blurry textures. The story is as entertaining as life expects and the mission fun are endless. Anyone who misses this title should regret having lived his/her life.
  29. Dec 5, 2012
    There has been a before and after in gaming and GTA III was the ground-breaker. Its unique 3rd person perspective revolutionized and influenced, perhaps, every 3rd person action-adventure video game nowadays.
  30. DanielV.
    Jan 27, 2010
    I first played it on PS2 and couldn't get enough. When I saw it on PC, me being a PC gamer, I *bought* it without hesitation. At first, I was sorta flustered about the lock-on system, or, rather, lack thereof, but after a while, I came to find the aiming system was far better. Rockstar made the right move. And with the option of skins, mods, and the very cool mp3 radio station, it I first played it on PS2 and couldn't get enough. When I saw it on PC, me being a PC gamer, I *bought* it without hesitation. At first, I was sorta flustered about the lock-on system, or, rather, lack thereof, but after a while, I came to find the aiming system was far better. Rockstar made the right move. And with the option of skins, mods, and the very cool mp3 radio station, it makes the PC version better than even its PS2 counter-part. Expand
  31. AngelG.
    Jun 11, 2002
    Esta bueno regalenmelo.
  32. MateuszM.
    Jul 19, 2002
    Po prostu hit ostatnich lat.Doskonale dopracowana na ospowiednim poziomie.Producentom bardziej zale¿a³o na jako?ci ni¿ na tempie wydania gry i zysku...ode mnie jak najbardziej 10 szczególnie za grywalno?æ!
  33. Sep 29, 2011
    ALL modern sandbox games owe their very existence to this revolutionary game. It's not just the fact that it has advanced from top-down 2D to 3rd-person 3D gameplay, but the actual game in itself deserves its own merit, let alone what it has done for gaming. There's as many missions as there are on GTA IV, but there's greater variety in the missions with more variety in the difficulty too.ALL modern sandbox games owe their very existence to this revolutionary game. It's not just the fact that it has advanced from top-down 2D to 3rd-person 3D gameplay, but the actual game in itself deserves its own merit, let alone what it has done for gaming. There's as many missions as there are on GTA IV, but there's greater variety in the missions with more variety in the difficulty too. Liberty City isn't visually impressive, and Shoreside Vale can be confusing to navigate through at the best of times. But everything else is done so well. It's fun to play in and out of missions. The only issue is that there's almost as little to do here as there is in GTA IV. You can't really spend money on anything but weapons. But a 6 star wanted level will get a tank to come after you. Hidden packages (of which there are 100) aren't difficult to find, but not too easy either. There is an incentive for getting them: for every 10 you find a weapon is delivered to your safehouse on every island. Even now this game is good. For 2001/2002, this was years ahead of its time. Expand
  34. HarshP.
    Jul 18, 2002
    Y cant i can download in my computer?
  35. Jun 5, 2012
    The best in the best game of that time ... well designed open-world ..... Well written script and nice voice over .. BEST OF best of that time !! Made a shocking debut as 3D gaming of that time ... i still have whole lot of collection of GTA including that also
  36. Jul 30, 2012
    Since GTA3 when the series became a 3d game, it just went downhill very fast. I dont understand why every GTA gets rated so high, its just the same EVERY_TIME. You just drive around accept a mission and turn in a mission, and then comes some silly sequence. It would be a nice game, if the dialoge wouldnt be so terribly boring.

GTA2 still stands as my favorite Gran Theft Auto, simply

GTA2 still stands as my favorite Gran Theft Auto, simply because you just got points for Killing People and Setting Cars on Fire. Sadly that got removed from GTA, i would enjoy the game again if it had that in there, just because everything else is simply boring
  37. WillamS.
    Jun 23, 2004
    It's way to laggy and it's very boring.
  38. Dec 16, 2010
    I am sorry but this dog smelly game is just bad compared to GTA 3 for the PS2!The PS2 is just good, but this one is just kinda........................I don't know......But play the PS2 version!It's worth!
  39. Sep 21, 2012
    Ahh GTA 3... The ultimate douchbag simulator we all know and love. This game is just a 100% classic, good and pure fun, pissing off the police, given the chance to roam around the giant well designed world, shooting people's limbs off in to a gory dust of glory and so much more in this almost-masterpiece. This game is really really fun, you get so much to do, a nice selection of cars,Ahh GTA 3... The ultimate douchbag simulator we all know and love. This game is just a 100% classic, good and pure fun, pissing off the police, given the chance to roam around the giant well designed world, shooting people's limbs off in to a gory dust of glory and so much more in this almost-masterpiece. This game is really really fun, you get so much to do, a nice selection of cars, weapons, NPCs, the story is cool and overall it's... **** GTA 3!!!
    A few things that made me kind of...like... pull my hair out were some of the missions. ROCKSTAR! DID YOU CHECK THIS GAME?! SOME MISSIONS ARE JUST SO **** HARD AND FRUSTRATING THEY MAKE ME CLOSE THE GAME AND RUN TO MY BED CRYING! HOLY **** **** SOME MISSIONS MAN... SOME MISSIONS... But hey, this game is still awesome.
    I'd give it about... 8/10
  40. AWG
    Jul 27, 2013
    All the goodies of the new GTA games (3D graphics, unfailable missions, witty-but-not-edgy humour, perfect gameplay) without all the downsides. GTA III still is the perfect GTA game to me (waiting for V).
  41. Mar 8, 2014
    There is one problem with this game... the fighting. You'd think the fighting would be ok in a game about being a criminal, which involves fighting but no. Half the punches miss. However, the rest of the game is great.
  42. May 17, 2014
    Arguably the best in his time, unfortunately we are no longer in that time. Today, GTA III goes any more. The graphics are unsuitable for computers now, the story is too short. Vehicles and weapons are far too limited. While the price of the GTA is not high, and fortunately, but if you want to buy a GTA today, buy a newest.
  43. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 9, 2002
    It's an absolutely excellent game. But this is really a lazy port of the PS2 version. The system requirements are unreasonably high considering the PS2 runs it perfectly with a 300 mhz processor. While my 1 ghz computer can't handle the pc version without occasional slow down.
  44. MafiaGuy
    Nov 1, 2003
    The game would be just as fun as Mafia - if the graphics were better.
  45. DougM.
    Apr 14, 2003
    GREAT! Everything is fun, but with those stupid bugs and crappy handling of the sniper rifle, i think it should lose marks.
  46. sammyh.
    Dec 31, 2008
    Although I always found this game fun, and sometimes annoying. later on in the game you are shot at, and sometimes blown up by diffrent gangs (which you tick off). The only other problem in his tame is Money, What is it for after you have all the weapons and ammo (not using cheats). Can't buy anything. Only two things this game has a problem with. Money, and gangs always shooting you Although I always found this game fun, and sometimes annoying. later on in the game you are shot at, and sometimes blown up by diffrent gangs (which you tick off). The only other problem in his tame is Money, What is it for after you have all the weapons and ammo (not using cheats). Can't buy anything. Only two things this game has a problem with. Money, and gangs always shooting you every where! Expand
  47. Dec 23, 2014
    I didn't get to play this game (or any game in the series) until 2012, when it was so cheap on a Steam sale, I wanted to see what all of the hype was about. GTA III turned out to be one of the best, most innovative games that I have ever played. I quickly logged hundreds of hours in the game, most of them just getting into trouble on my own and not following the storyline. Later games inI didn't get to play this game (or any game in the series) until 2012, when it was so cheap on a Steam sale, I wanted to see what all of the hype was about. GTA III turned out to be one of the best, most innovative games that I have ever played. I quickly logged hundreds of hours in the game, most of them just getting into trouble on my own and not following the storyline. Later games in the franchise have added a ton of features, but I love the simplicity of GTA III. Expand
  48. Jan 31, 2012
    It's quite funny but I don't quite get this phenomena. I mean this game is fairly good but it's not attractive for me in any way. When I was playing it I actually felt lured more by the gameplay possibilities rather then the quests or the story and I think that this is its main problem. I wanted to steal cars, smash them, kill people, buy some guns and then kill more people, then defendIt's quite funny but I don't quite get this phenomena. I mean this game is fairly good but it's not attractive for me in any way. When I was playing it I actually felt lured more by the gameplay possibilities rather then the quests or the story and I think that this is its main problem. I wanted to steal cars, smash them, kill people, buy some guns and then kill more people, then defend from the tank... etc. :) This was fun. I wanted to have some fun and by doing those stuff I was getting what I've wanted even though that game wasn't fully designed in such a way?!

Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics 7.5/10
    Audio 8/10
  49. Apr 22, 2013
    Excellent game. Never knew you could be in the mafia and never say a damn word. My favorite thing about this game has to be the radio shows and full blown satire of our own culture. Brilliant!
  50. Jan 17, 2012
    Played it in October of 2011. It was good fun and got 10 hours into the story. The graphics are very dated, and so is some of the gameplay variants in the missions. Much better than GTA IV in my opinion for fun factor, but I have yet to play it on my pc. Xbox graphics sucked too much for me to continue
  51. Jan 6, 2014
    Foi a partir daí que a revolução na industria dos games mudou radicalmente.
  52. Apr 25, 2013
    Quite frankly the greatest game of the series, and the game that changed all over games into free-roaming clones set in New York City. A plus point and a negative point ofcourse, but with no Grand Theft Auto 3, there would be no Saints Row, Prototype or countless other games.
  53. Jun 24, 2013
    Well... This game was a pretty big thing back at it's days but now it's just a mediocre game to play. If you want to play something better play Vice City or San Andreas.
  54. Jul 15, 2013
    In 2009, I played it for the first time. At the time, it was a great experience for a small town for a ride, but after I discovered that the game includes missions, the gameplay has become boring. I saw 1-2 fun mission, but could not really tie the game. In fact, there was no patience to play through GTA III, but was 1-2 on the experience side missions.
    - Let me also add that the PS2
    - Let me also add that the PS2 console to control three times better than the PC
  55. Mar 20, 2014
    GTA is probably one of the most iconic series in video game history, therefore, doesn’t need any introduction.
    Although, for those who lived under a rock for the past few years, I think it would be adequate to describe the GTA series as a Crime Simulator.
    So how does GTA 3 fit into the series? Is it still relevant? Is it worth the time and money? Or is it just a mere historical curiosity?
    Presentation:
    In terms of the graphics presentation, it has not aged well. Moreover, even for the time, GTA 3 was already a bit dated on the visuals department compared to other AAA PC games of the time. So expect pixilated textures, blocky models and robotic and clunky animations.
    Sound :
    In the sound department, GTA 3 is only satisfactory, the sound effects of vehicles and weapons are acceptable, and the soundtrack is what you would expect, but the voice-overs, despite above average, are on a lower quality format, which makes understanding people really difficult sometimes.
    Story:
    The player starts as a small bandit climbing thought the crime ranks selling its services to various mobster groups in an attempt to reach the American dream. Mix that with a bunch of "colorful" characters, and the compulsory revenge story, and you have the recipe for any other GTA game ever made. In other words, a bland and cheesy action flick full of clichés, stereotypes and dark "humor ".
    Ok, let's be honest , Rockstar can’t write anything good, just look at what they did to the Max Payne series.
    However, no one plays GTA for its “fantastic” narrative qualities anyway…
    Gameplay:
    If you played the sequels, you will know what to expect here. It’s the same basic mechanics but done poorly.
    The controls are surprisingly acceptable for keyboard and mouse, although the fixed camera when driving was a bit annoying.
    Also particularly annoying was the lack of a global map and the lack of permanent “locations hints” for Ammu-Nation and Pay 'n' Spray on the mini-map.
    In conclusion: GTA 3 might have been innovative for its time, but as it stands today, I cannot recommend it, since the sequels have done it bigger and better than what is presented here.
    But don’t get me wrong, GTA 3 is not a bad game; it’s just not a “unique enough” experience to justify its purchase anymore.
    So unless you’re a GTA fanatic, you’ll be better off keeping you’re GTA 4 installation, or try GTA San Andreas (the best GTA game for the PC in my opinion) as an alternative.
  56. Jan 3, 2014
    Really great game nice story awesome soundtrack and nice graphics
    Optimization on PC is bad because on a 64mb card even on 640x480 it was a bit laggy
    Despite that the game is worth playing it
  57. Feb 19, 2014
    Though I am a fan of the franchise, I think this game deserves a 5 at best. Quite lacks stuff to do when you beat the short 4-5 hour long storyline. Though I like how hard and challenging this game is, I wouldn't recommend this. I really hate the soundtrack as we'll but don't worry because of the MP3 Player.

Storyline: 8/10
    Fun: 7/10
    Soundtrack: 2/10
    Gameplay: 7/10

Average: 6/10
  58. Jan 13, 2014
    o.O
    were talking about the same game here? well i disagree.
    imo this thing shouldnt be rated so high... i cant remember the release very well, but it musthv been before san andreas and vice city...obv.. to those it is inferior in every point(not talking graphics): music- worse even than gta1/2(ok thats just me), story...well the guy doesnt even fing talk...controls are not very
    o.O
    were talking about the same game here? well i disagree.
    imo this thing shouldnt be rated so high...
    to those it is inferior in every point(not talking graphics): music- worse even than gta1/2(ok thats just me), story...well the guy doesnt even fing talk...controls are not very accurate at all, not with a pad, not in any other way...
    missions felt repetitive to me, and often unfair(not challenging)
    id even prefer the horrible gta4 if only...well maybe not, the writing in 3 was better

59. Feb 9, 2015
    This game is worth a bit more than 0 but since a lot of people have miss rated this game then i have to compensate and rate 0. The game was nice in a lot of aspects and a big new step in gaming yada yada yada, that it true. BUT, with capital letters. The game is so poorly made in my honest opinion for it's time (not judging the graphics, nothing wrong there). But the programming isThis game is worth a bit more than 0 but since a lot of people have miss rated this game then i have to compensate and rate 0. The game was nice in a lot of aspects and a big new step in gaming yada yada yada, that it true. BUT, with capital letters. The game is so poorly made in my honest opinion for it's time (not judging the graphics, nothing wrong there). But the programming is horrible. Literally ALL the gangs is shooting you on sight and you can't really free roam the game or complete certain side missions after a certain period of time since you will simply die. I think they messed the game up because of that. And the story missions needs to be completed in a strict order, which is not stated in the game in any point, in order to get 100% completion since some missions become unavailable if you don't complete them in a certain order. The whole game functionality seems extremely unnatural and wasn't even that good from the beginning. In a modern city full of a highly developed species as the human being and no one can swim. come on Rockstar, are your brain-cells functioning? And the functionality of the cars where a car simply catching fire and blow isn't how cars work in real life and the traffic is horrible. They drive into you and when you drive as an ambulance with the sirens on some cars simply just stop in front of you and block you which is highly illegal in real life and most people in GTA shouldn't be programmed to do that. All the drivers in GTA 3 must have gotten their driver license in a cereal box or the programmers was horrible at their job. I understand that somethings were a lot harder to do back then but the function of the content in the game is no hard thing to program with the frames they had to work with. To program a car blowing up like that or to change it to act like a real car in real life and not blow up for just falling over is a simple programming which doesn't require more than what they programmed. If they would have put some thoughts and time to develop the content instead of just focusing on the 3D graphics then this could have been a good game. The game was a big fuss simply because it was the first GTA game in 3D and everyone got kind of blind by that but from the first time i played through this game back in 2003 then i was already disappointed of the content because i got a really cheap feeling. Like buying a fancy box and when you open it, it is empty. That is the kind of impression this game had on me. A lot of things have become better and GTA V was a great game and well made in not just the graphics but also the content and the functionality of how the details work in the game. But this game is a shameful spot in the history of Rockstar in my humble opinion. My recommendations is to lay this game to rest for good. Never put it back into a console, just leave it on the shelf... or a box down in the basement or maybe throw Frisbee with the disc, then it will at least come in good use. Expand
  60. Oct 9, 2014
    The first time I played in the computer room ... somewhere in 2004 I was so amazed, that I began to stand for hours just to get it done. But, my young age and my experience in gaming, barely able to cope. In a few days only managed to finish 2-3 missions. It is the first GTA in 3D. It is simply amazing.
  61. Feb 5, 2015
    You know, as much as I've enjoyed the GTA series GTA3 never really struck that much of a chord with me, my favorite entries would have to be (GTA1, Vice City, and San Andreas)

It's a worthy title, don't get me wrong, and made the transition from top-down to full 3D TPS effortlessly. It's visuals I think are the main reasons why I don't like it as much as the others. Everything just

It's visuals I think are the main reasons why I don't like it as much as the others. Everything just looks so dull. I understand it's supposed to be a gritty game, but everything really is just so dull looking and quite lifeless.

For it's time the graphics themselves were great, pushing gaming foward etc, and I really am not someone who plays games solely for a pretty experience. I just don't feel entertained by GTA3 as much as the other titles, mainly for it's atmosphere I'd say.

All your favorite mission types, gameplay elements are there which do a great job, radio stations return and can be pretty funny.

I've just never been a fan of the dull, dark, rain all the time visuals.

Give me Vice City any day!

1. There’s more senseless violence in GTA3 than there are bleeps in an episode of "The Osbournes."
    The interaction between player and environment sets the bar so high for other games, that it is nearly inaccessible.
    It's a game you could play for weeks -- maybe even months -- and still discover something new every day.