8.4

1. Jul 30, 2012
    Since GTA3 when the series became a 3d game, it just went downhill very fast. I dont understand why every GTA gets rated so high, its just the same EVERY_TIME. You just drive around accept a mission and turn in a mission, and then comes some silly sequence. It would be a nice game, if the dialoge wouldnt be so terribly boring.

GTA2 still stands as my favorite Gran Theft Auto, simply

GTA2 still stands as my favorite Gran Theft Auto, simply because you just got points for Killing People and Setting Cars on Fire. Sadly that got removed from GTA, i would enjoy the game again if it had that in there, just because everything else is simply boring
  2. May 17, 2014
    Arguably the best in his time, unfortunately we are no longer in that time. Today, GTA III goes any more. The graphics are unsuitable for computers now, the story is too short. Vehicles and weapons are far too limited. While the price of the GTA is not high, and fortunately, but if you want to buy a GTA today, buy a newest.
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    In 2009, I played it for the first time. At the time, it was a great experience for a small town for a ride, but after I discovered that the game includes missions, the gameplay has become boring. I saw 1-2 fun mission, but could not really tie the game. In fact, there was no patience to play through GTA III, but was 1-2 on the experience side missions.
    - Let me also add that the PS2
    - Let me also add that the PS2 console to control three times better than the PC
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    GTA is probably one of the most iconic series in video game history, therefore, doesn’t need any introduction.
    Although, for those who lived under a rock for the past few years, I think it would be adequate to describe the GTA series as a Crime Simulator.
    So how does GTA 3 fit into the series? Is it still relevant? Is it worth the time and money? Or is it just a mere historical curiosity?
    Presentation:
    In terms of the graphics presentation, it has not aged well. Moreover, even for the time, GTA 3 was already a bit dated on the visuals department compared to other AAA PC games of the time. So expect pixilated textures, blocky models and robotic and clunky animations.
    Sound :
    In the sound department, GTA 3 is only satisfactory, the sound effects of vehicles and weapons are acceptable, and the soundtrack is what you would expect, but the voice-overs, despite above average, are on a lower quality format, which makes understanding people really difficult sometimes.
    Story:
    The player starts as a small bandit climbing thought the crime ranks selling its services to various mobster groups in an attempt to reach the American dream. Mix that with a bunch of "colorful" characters, and the compulsory revenge story, and you have the recipe for any other GTA game ever made. In other words, a bland and cheesy action flick full of clichés, stereotypes and dark "humor ".
    Ok, let's be honest , Rockstar can’t write anything good, just look at what they did to the Max Payne series.
    However, no one plays GTA for its “fantastic” narrative qualities anyway…
    Gameplay:
    If you played the sequels, you will know what to expect here. It’s the same basic mechanics but done poorly.
    The controls are surprisingly acceptable for keyboard and mouse, although the fixed camera when driving was a bit annoying.
    Also particularly annoying was the lack of a global map and the lack of permanent “locations hints” for Ammu-Nation and Pay 'n' Spray on the mini-map.
    In conclusion: GTA 3 might have been innovative for its time, but as it stands today, I cannot recommend it, since the sequels have done it bigger and better than what is presented here.
    But don’t get me wrong, GTA 3 is not a bad game; it’s just not a “unique enough” experience to justify its purchase anymore.
    So unless you’re a GTA fanatic, you’ll be better off keeping you’re GTA 4 installation, or try GTA San Andreas (the best GTA game for the PC in my opinion) as an alternative.
  5. Feb 9, 2015
    This game is worth a bit more than 0 but since a lot of people have miss rated this game then i have to compensate and rate 0. The game was nice in a lot of aspects and a big new step in gaming yada yada yada, that it true. BUT, with capital letters. The game is so poorly made in my honest opinion for it's time (not judging the graphics, nothing wrong there). But the programming isThis game is worth a bit more than 0 but since a lot of people have miss rated this game then i have to compensate and rate 0. The game was nice in a lot of aspects and a big new step in gaming yada yada yada, that it true. BUT, with capital letters. The game is so poorly made in my honest opinion for it's time (not judging the graphics, nothing wrong there). But the programming is horrible. Literally ALL the gangs is shooting you on sight and you can't really free roam the game or complete certain side missions after a certain period of time since you will simply die. I think they messed the game up because of that. And the story missions needs to be completed in a strict order, which is not stated in the game in any point, in order to get 100% completion since some missions become unavailable if you don't complete them in a certain order. The whole game functionality seems extremely unnatural and wasn't even that good from the beginning. In a modern city full of a highly developed species as the human being and no one can swim. come on Rockstar, are your brain-cells functioning? And the functionality of the cars where a car simply catching fire and blow isn't how cars work in real life and the traffic is horrible. They drive into you and when you drive as an ambulance with the sirens on some cars simply just stop in front of you and block you which is highly illegal in real life and most people in GTA shouldn't be programmed to do that. All the drivers in GTA 3 must have gotten their driver license in a cereal box or the programmers was horrible at their job. I understand that somethings were a lot harder to do back then but the function of the content in the game is no hard thing to program with the frames they had to work with. To program a car blowing up like that or to change it to act like a real car in real life and not blow up for just falling over is a simple programming which doesn't require more than what they programmed. If they would have put some thoughts and time to develop the content instead of just focusing on the 3D graphics then this could have been a good game. The game was a big fuss simply because it was the first GTA game in 3D and everyone got kind of blind by that but from the first time i played through this game back in 2003 then i was already disappointed of the content because i got a really cheap feeling. Like buying a fancy box and when you open it, it is empty. That is the kind of impression this game had on me. A lot of things have become better and GTA V was a great game and well made in not just the graphics but also the content and the functionality of how the details work in the game. But this game is a shameful spot in the history of Rockstar in my humble opinion. My recommendations is to lay this game to rest for good. Never put it back into a console, just leave it on the shelf... or a box down in the basement or maybe throw Frisbee with the disc, then it will at least come in good use. Expand

1. There’s more senseless violence in GTA3 than there are bleeps in an episode of "The Osbournes."
    The interaction between player and environment sets the bar so high for other games, that it is nearly inaccessible.
    It's a game you could play for weeks -- maybe even months -- and still discover something new every day.