8.4

1. Apr 16, 2011
    This game could have been much better. Still, the mood of liberty city and the music on the radio save the game. The missions have vague instructions and many are impossible to do on the first few attempts due to limitations put in by the game makers. Overall, the radio is great, some cars are nice, graphics not too good, and too many bad missions. The map is extremely bad and doesn't helpThis game could have been much better. Still, the mood of liberty city and the music on the radio save the game. The missions have vague instructions and many are impossible to do on the first few attempts due to limitations put in by the game makers. Overall, the radio is great, some cars are nice, graphics not too good, and too many bad missions. The map is extremely bad and doesn't help that much. Great voice acting by the street characters of liberty city and talk show radio people. A nice game overall, even with its issues. Rockstar games is one of the worst game makers out there. The metascore is way too much. Should be around 72, not more. Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2013
    Well... This game was a pretty big thing back at it's days but now it's just a mediocre game to play. If you want to play something better play Vice City or San Andreas.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    o.O
    were talking about the same game here? well i disagree.
    imo this thing shouldnt be rated so high... i cant remember the release very well, but it musthv been before san andreas and vice city...obv.. to those it is inferior in every point(not talking graphics): music- worse even than gta1/2(ok thats just me), story...well the guy doesnt even fing talk...controls are not very
    o.O
    were talking about the same game here? well i disagree.
    imo this thing shouldnt be rated so high...
    to those it is inferior in every point(not talking graphics): music- worse even than gta1/2(ok thats just me), story...well the guy doesnt even fing talk...controls are not very accurate at all, not with a pad, not in any other way...
    missions felt repetitive to me, and often unfair(not challenging)
    id even prefer the horrible gta4 if only...well maybe not, the writing in 3 was better

4. Feb 5, 2015
    You know, as much as I've enjoyed the GTA series GTA3 never really struck that much of a chord with me, my favorite entries would have to be (GTA1, Vice City, and San Andreas)

It's a worthy title, don't get me wrong, and made the transition from top-down to full 3D TPS effortlessly. It's visuals I think are the main reasons why I don't like it as much as the others. Everything just

It's visuals I think are the main reasons why I don't like it as much as the others. Everything just looks so dull. I understand it's supposed to be a gritty game, but everything really is just so dull looking and quite lifeless.

For it's time the graphics themselves were great, pushing gaming foward etc, and I really am not someone who plays games solely for a pretty experience. I just don't feel entertained by GTA3 as much as the other titles, mainly for it's atmosphere I'd say.

All your favorite mission types, gameplay elements are there which do a great job, radio stations return and can be pretty funny.

I've just never been a fan of the dull, dark, rain all the time visuals.

Give me Vice City any day!
  5. Oct 28, 2014
    The missions and characters are fun.

The missions and characters are fun.

However, the game suffers from bad design, in that most of the sencond half missions are made on a "try again" basis. You woon't be able to complete them on the first try, because the game designers made damn sure of that. So between every mission, you have to go back home to save the game, then drive to whomever is giving you the mission. Cutscene (skippable, small mercies) for the mission, then drive to the mission, and fail. Try again.

So yeah, you will get many hours out of the game, most of them driving to and from the actual action, and trying the same missions over and over again.

Sure, some elements are fun, but I don't see why it is such a highly rated game. Saints' Row II was much, much better. So, to me, this game is the epitome of average. Some good, some bad, overall, meh.
  6. Dec 16, 2010
    I am sorry but this dog smelly game is just bad compared to GTA 3 for the PS2!The PS2 is just good, but this one is just kinda........................I don't know......But play the PS2 version!It's worth!
  7. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 9, 2002
    It's an absolutely excellent game. But this is really a lazy port of the PS2 version. The system requirements are unreasonably high considering the PS2 runs it perfectly with a 300 mhz processor. While my 1 ghz computer can't handle the pc version without occasional slow down.
  8. DougM.
    Apr 14, 2003
    GREAT! Everything is fun, but with those stupid bugs and crappy handling of the sniper rifle, i think it should lose marks.
  9. Jan 31, 2012
    It's quite funny but I don't quite get this phenomena. I mean this game is fairly good but it's not attractive for me in any way. When I was playing it I actually felt lured more by the gameplay possibilities rather then the quests or the story and I think that this is its main problem. I wanted to steal cars, smash them, kill people, buy some guns and then kill more people, then defendIt's quite funny but I don't quite get this phenomena. I mean this game is fairly good but it's not attractive for me in any way. When I was playing it I actually felt lured more by the gameplay possibilities rather then the quests or the story and I think that this is its main problem. I wanted to steal cars, smash them, kill people, buy some guns and then kill more people, then defend from the tank... etc. :) This was fun. I wanted to have some fun and by doing those stuff I was getting what I've wanted even though that game wasn't fully designed in such a way?!

Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics 7.5/10
    Audio 8/10
  10. Feb 19, 2014
    Though I am a fan of the franchise, I think this game deserves a 5 at best. Quite lacks stuff to do when you beat the short 4-5 hour long storyline. Though I like how hard and challenging this game is, I wouldn't recommend this. I really hate the soundtrack as we'll but don't worry because of the MP3 Player.

Storyline: 8/10
    Fun: 7/10
    Soundtrack: 2/10
    Gameplay: 7/10

Average: 6/10

1. There’s more senseless violence in GTA3 than there are bleeps in an episode of "The Osbournes."
    The interaction between player and environment sets the bar so high for other games, that it is nearly inaccessible.
    It's a game you could play for weeks -- maybe even months -- and still discover something new every day.