Grand Theft Auto III PC

8.4

1. FredericksburgC.
    Oct 19, 2002
    One. Of. The. Best. Games. Ever. FACT.
  2. TimH.
    Jul 26, 2002
    This is the greatest non-sports game on Playstation 2 as of right now. It'll probably change when the second one comes out, but of course we'll all have to treat the original Grand Theft Auto 3 just as we would the original Godfather. The sequels were good, but the original started it off and will ALWAYS be a classic.
  3. BitBurn
    Jun 5, 2002
    Very refreshing!! This is a great game. Missions are awesome. The only problem is that I wasn't able to get my Thrusmaster Modena 360 steering wheel to work properly with it. But other then this, I highly recommend this game to anyone with a sense of humour...and a sense of madness!!
  4. JasonD.
    Mar 3, 2003
    Where else can you steal a fast car, shoot up thugs, and run over old ladies all in a matter of seconds?
  5. StephenL.
    Aug 2, 2002
    GAT3 is realy good because it has good graphics and you can allmost do anythinng you want. the only real problem is that you can't go into allmost anybuilding. and it would be better if you wernt in the same environment, thats all.
  6. CiaranG.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Have had many an hour playing this super game. Lots to do. I love the huge living breathing city. Was the first game I've played which has such a huge environment and so much to do.
  7. JohnnyM.
    May 30, 2002
    Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably one of the best game ever, and the PC version does the game justice. I played both the PC and PS2 versions and the graphics on the PC are better, BUT I prefer the controls in the PS2 version. I could not get used to the mouse/keyboard combination for this generally third-person game. But, except for that minor problem, the game is in every way perfect! I Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably one of the best game ever, and the PC version does the game justice. I played both the PC and PS2 versions and the graphics on the PC are better, BUT I prefer the controls in the PS2 version. I could not get used to the mouse/keyboard combination for this generally third-person game. But, except for that minor problem, the game is in every way perfect! I will buy GTA: Vice City and GTA4 when they come out! Expand
  8. AlexW.
    Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, i have seen, and played this game. It is in my opinion, the best game out there. I am thinking about buying a ps2 just for gta3. if you do not like it, or rate it under a 9(8-0) you need to be beaten to a bloody plup, and feed to man eating gang members. HA Ha Ha!!!
  9. RingoE.
    Sep 13, 2002
    Best Game ever!, great story line, almost no moving bounderies and incredible variety. Recommended!
  10. AdityaS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    G-R-E-A-T! Thats all I can say. I know its bad for children and it is not useful but the game entices us so so deeply that we are fascinated and we end up playing the entire game even though we say that is not good for our children.
  11. NickS.
    Nov 10, 2002
    This game is the best game iv ever played.
  12. ErenK.
    Oct 7, 2002
    Hey can some 1 tell me how to get rid of of sqares when u are playing the game its really anoying. I cant finish the 4th mission.
  13. VidM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    What can I say? You gotta play the game to realize that the hype isn't only all true but actually doesn't do the game justice. The world is so organic/chaotic that there are always several ways to complete a mission that the developers probably never even considered. One of the few games I've ever played where it's just and fun and addicting to lose as it is to win.
  14. Zedman
    Jun 12, 2004
    What a ride! I loved GTA3 and think all the others, even the older ones where you look from above, were real good. I cant wait for GTA San Andreas and hope it doesn't stop there.
  15. BeckyB.
    Dec 15, 2006
    I GTA3 I started to play this game and found it has great graphics challanging objectives and it's just peer adictive. I could sit and play for hours..lol tell my legs cramp up. Any how I give GTA3 a ten GO GTA3.
  16. RyanC
    Jan 16, 2008
    This game was my favorite for a long time, and still is one of my favorites. Maybe it can't stand up to more recent releases of the GTA series, but for its time, best of the best.
    Feb 19, 2004
    The only reason for giving it the 9 rating is because the only things it misses are in Vice City. Get them both I would say.
  18. AndrewMc
    Mar 28, 2004
    I bought this based on the ratings on this site - not because it was really my sort of game. It just looked too good to ignore. My first GTA experience and I am hooked - line and sinker thrown in! It's easy to learn and has a great depth of missions and superb pacing of player skill development. A huge playground to explore. Different experience every single time! And what about that I bought this based on the ratings on this site - not because it was really my sort of game. It just looked too good to ignore. My first GTA experience and I am hooked - line and sinker thrown in! It's easy to learn and has a great depth of missions and superb pacing of player skill development. A huge playground to explore. Different experience every single time! And what about that soundtrack...unbelievable! Truly the best game I have played! Expand
  19. AnonymousMC
    Sep 21, 2009
    one word Masterpiece....I think the main reason why
    upgraded my pc twice is that game...beyond being
    very demanding on u r pc if u can max everything u will really feel like u are there...so many details and so much ingenuity has been put on this game that if i had a choice of only one pc game for the rest of my life...this would be the one cause there so much possibilities beyond
    one word Masterpiece....I think the main reason why
    upgraded my pc twice is that game...beyond being
    very demanding on u r pc if u can max everything u
    will really feel like u are there...so many details and
    so much ingenuity has been put on this game that if i had a choice of only one pc game for the rest of my life...this would be the one cause there so much possibilities beyond the storyline...waiting desperatly for an extension on this game for pc...
    just amazing...
  20. DanielM.
    Dec 18, 2002
    It has great graphics and better then G.T.A vice city!!!!!
  21. DanielV.
    Jan 27, 2010
    I first played it on PS2 and couldn't get enough. When I saw it on PC, me being a PC gamer, I *bought* it without hesitation. At first, I was sorta flustered about the lock-on system, or, rather, lack thereof, but after a while, I came to find the aiming system was far better. Rockstar made the right move. And with the option of skins, mods, and the very cool mp3 radio station, it I first played it on PS2 and couldn't get enough. When I saw it on PC, me being a PC gamer, I *bought* it without hesitation. At first, I was sorta flustered about the lock-on system, or, rather, lack thereof, but after a while, I came to find the aiming system was far better. Rockstar made the right move. And with the option of skins, mods, and the very cool mp3 radio station, it makes the PC version better than even its PS2 counter-part. Expand
  22. Aug 16, 2010
    This is what makes Grand Theft Auto into Grand Theft Auto, it is the basic essence of the series: Stealing cars, killing people, and doing other 'shady' activities all while in a crime infested city. Although it has next to nothing to do compared to later releases in the Grand Theft Auto series, the story is still fun to play.
  23. Mar 10, 2012
    Tune in to your favourite stations, step on the gas and run over that granny. A cop is comming to arrest you, blow his head off! More cops arrive, burn them to the ground! FBI is here, and soon thye army will join in, send them to hell! Then you die. But no problem. Get in a random car and start over. Or just go wherever you want. No limits. No preprogramed paths. No nothing. Just goTune in to your favourite stations, step on the gas and run over that granny. A cop is comming to arrest you, blow his head off! More cops arrive, burn them to the ground! FBI is here, and soon thye army will join in, send them to hell! Then you die. But no problem. Get in a random car and start over. Or just go wherever you want. No limits. No preprogramed paths. No nothing. Just go wherever you want. You're free. Untill you're busted, or you pass out. Then you start it all over again, this time in a different manner. And that's why this game radically changed my view on games. I was playing Half-Life like mad. I was also playing Delta-Force: Land Warrior like mad. But i didn't realised how repetitive they were until i found GTA3. And after 10 years i still play this game. Expand
  24. AngelG.
    Jun 11, 2002
    Esta bueno regalenmelo.
  25. MateuszM.
    Jul 19, 2002
    Po prostu hit ostatnich lat.Doskonale dopracowana na ospowiednim poziomie.Producentom bardziej zale¿a³o na jako?ci ni¿ na tempie wydania gry i zysku...ode mnie jak najbardziej 10 szczególnie za grywalno?æ!
  26. Dec 22, 2011
    The best GTA 3 era game!!!!!!!!!!
    Why is it good, cause it's easy to mod and the story is very interesting. The radio stations are good specially the one's with commentary.
  27. Dec 6, 2011
    Awesome game. Notthing more to say here, everything in this game is good. The best graphics back then when it was released and for sure the most tr00 one of the entire serie. Vice City kept the good job on the trails, but this one is unreachable, imo.
  28. Mar 17, 2012
    The PC version, while not as good as the PS2 version, is still a lot of fun. The controls take some time to get used to however.
  29. May 13, 2012
    This is where it all started. I remember playing this game 10 years ago and my computer just couldn't handle the "high-end" graphics. Reliving the experience now, it's still an amazing score despite the blurry textures. The story is as entertaining as life expects and the mission fun are endless. Anyone who misses this title should regret having lived his/her life.
  30. Dec 5, 2012
    There has been a before and after in gaming and GTA III was the ground-breaker. Its unique 3rd person perspective revolutionized and influenced, perhaps, every 3rd person action-adventure video game nowadays.

1. There’s more senseless violence in GTA3 than there are bleeps in an episode of "The Osbournes."
    The interaction between player and environment sets the bar so high for other games, that it is nearly inaccessible.
    It's a game you could play for weeks -- maybe even months -- and still discover something new every day.