6.4

Mixed or average reviews- based on 1935 Ratings

1. May 13, 2012
    Best video game franchise in history. I cannot name any flaw, complaint, and frustration like in some of my other reviews. I just hope GTA V will be out this year.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    I bought this game for 8 Euro on Steam and it was worth it. Many people here say they have FPS drops, bugs, etc... But I didn't have any of these problems. The game is fun and for me the story is somehow exiting and if you have already done the singleplayer, go on multiplayer. Bored with multiplayer? Get a trailer get some friends and do **** No internet? Go on singleplayer and do ****I bought this game for 8 Euro on Steam and it was worth it. Many people here say they have FPS drops, bugs, etc... But I didn't have any of these problems. The game is fun and for me the story is somehow exiting and if you have already done the singleplayer, go on multiplayer. Bored with multiplayer? Get a trailer get some friends and do **** No internet? Go on singleplayer and do **** I've played this game for 187 hours. Expand
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    First, I'd like to point out you need a good PC to run this game well. Please, do not attempt to run this on your GeForce 5200FX and then complain about how the game crashes. Most minor issues with this PC game can be easily fixed; just search on Google and I assure you 95% of the time you'll find a fix. Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the game, as Rockstar hasFirst, I'd like to point out you need a good PC to run this game well. Please, do not attempt to run this on your GeForce 5200FX and then complain about how the game crashes. Most minor issues with this PC game can be easily fixed; just search on Google and I assure you 95% of the time you'll find a fix. Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the game, as Rockstar has fixed plenty of bugs and glitches with their latest 1.0.7.0 patch. It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

As for the game itself, it's incredible. Best storyline in the GTA series, gorgeous graphics, very likeable and memorable characters, great gameplay, fun multiplayer modes, and an incredibly well-desinged city. Not to mention, the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV has some exclusive features which the consoles do not have. Such as the in-game video editor, which is amazing. It allows to take clips you've captured during gameplay and edit them. You can create a simple stunt video or an incredible machinima with it. It's a wonderful tool. Overall, I think quite a few people fail to realize just how 'big' Grand Theft Auto IV really is. I mean, there's literally thousands of recorded dialogue clips in this game just for the pedestrians. There's a ton of hilarious and well written radio station, TV, and in-game internet content. Hundreds of unique character models, props, animations, and vehicles. So, if you do have a good PC I think you should definitely give this game a try.
  4. Feb 6, 2012
    good game, even on pc i still find it very enjoyable compared to console, the only problem i have is with crossfire support, the game wont allow you to use dual graphics cards and thus making me change it back to use of one graphics card everytime i want to play it.
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Terribly optimized for a pc to the point of being broken. Even to this day it fails to run on many hardware config's at a playable framerate. If you want to play this game, make sure you are running a quad core cpu with a high clock rate and a single - powerful gpu. Crossfire produces negative scaling, Sli is buggy, and a duel core cpu will produce a scattershot fps. The plus side to allTerribly optimized for a pc to the point of being broken. Even to this day it fails to run on many hardware config's at a playable framerate. If you want to play this game, make sure you are running a quad core cpu with a high clock rate and a single - powerful gpu. Crossfire produces negative scaling, Sli is buggy, and a duel core cpu will produce a scattershot fps. The plus side to all of this mess is that it's far better looking on the stray computer than does meet all these requirements. The game itself fantastic, with an involving (albeit well tread) story, with great action, and a weighty physics system. If this game runs well on your system - 10/10. If it runs poorly. 0/10. Expand
  6. Aug 30, 2011
    The GTA 4 is a worthy part of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. It's rather similar to Vice City than San Andreas which can make people disappointed but in my opinion it's a perfect game. Great graphics, enjoyable gameplay and a good multiplayer are contained. The system requirements are not as high as they say, they are acceptable.
  7. Dec 10, 2011
    Grand Theft Auto IV is the best GTA game and maybe the best SandBox game but on consoles.....
    On PC this is very good game with very good graphics. GTA IV is one of my favorites games but this can be better. Too many bugs, no bad but no good optimalize ruined this perfect SandBox. Graphics in game is really nice but i can't play on max. because i have old but no bad PC...[optimalize....]
    On low grahics i have max 30 fps...... This isn't my PC fault because i played Crysis 2 on high graphics but Crysis 2 have better optimalize......
    Missions on game is really no lined and all times u can played new kind of missions. I advice this game all GTA fans and people who likes great SandBoxes. My rate is 9.1/10.
  8. Aug 17, 2012
    After upgrading my computer to 2012 standards, I can finally enjoy the game at it's highest detail. With mods like iCEnhancer , it looks totally amazing, almost real-life visuals! On top of that, good old GTA gameplay and amazing voice acting and euphoria physics are just too much fun to play with!
    Too bad we had to wait 3 years to finally properly run this.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm not rating this game down because it's a poorly optimized game for PC, because I have a computer that can run it fine. In GTA IV, graphics are obviously the peak. For me, San Andreas was a better game because of more to do, not because of the graphics. In my opinion, GTA IV: 9/10, GTA SA: 10/10.
  10. Dec 20, 2011
    After playing GTA:SA, I must say that the graphics have certainly improved (drastically), and Liberty City is bigger and better than ever. Although this game is slightly less open world than I would have hoped, (in comparison to GTA:SA), the ragdoll and crash physics system is more or less fun and hilarious to play with.
    Microsoft does, however, need to optimize the packets sent in
    Microsoft does, however, need to optimize the packets sent in multiplayer, as there is severe drag and lag unrelated to ISP provided speeds and quality.
  11. Jun 26, 2012
    Overall, Really good Game. Ive owned this game for several years now, but only just recently got a new computer with Radeon HD 7770, and I'm finally able to play this game it was meant to be played. The other reviewers are right, the game is tough to play when its slow and choppy, and requires a high end videocard. The social aspect of the game is a toss-up. I like that I can callOverall, Really good Game. Ive owned this game for several years now, but only just recently got a new computer with Radeon HD 7770, and I'm finally able to play this game it was meant to be played. The other reviewers are right, the game is tough to play when its slow and choppy, and requires a high end videocard. The social aspect of the game is a toss-up. I like that I can call characters to accelerate through a particular person's quests/storyline, but I absolutely hate how all these new social things like playing pool (yes, u have to actually play virtual pool), or go bowling (yes that too), so forth... its no fun. This is GTA!!! compared to San Andreas or the previous ones, I would have liked less social missions, where the objective is solely to spend time with the person, and more ACTION ... more stealing cars, spectacular shootouts, what about recruiting followers/gang members??? What happened to all that? Expand
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    Awsome game,very nice gameplay modes such as fake internet in the game,hot dog stands,online dating,underground illegal weapon shops,computer in cop car,taxi rides and much more,graphics is nice,has a huge story with different endings,really enjoyed playing this game
  13. Jul 28, 2012
    Graphism : 18/20 (Strolling through a beautiful New York is cool !)
    Sounds : 19/20 (Lots of good music as usual, just -1 for the sound of cars not top)
    History : 20/20 (Just huge, with a main frame has multiple choice)
    Gamplay : 18/20 (He lost some fun, but he won at realism !)
    Lifespan : 20/20 (Illimité. .. it's GTA ...)

Final Score: 19/20 One of the best games of all time !
  14. Aug 6, 2012
    4+/5 (Very Good) I suggest you buy the game and play it. Now. But be warned though, if you play the PC version, the graphics are sometimes buggy and really break the immersion you might have build up while playing. Oh and apparently the game is rough on the hardware reqs. Yeah, it is.

Buy it. (for X360 if you can, if not the PC version does the job really well)
  15. Aug 14, 2012
    The GTA series are the only open-world games where I've been content just goofing off around the city, and GTA IV specifically has had more replay value for me than any other game I've owned. Years after the initial release, this is still the game I go back to when I'm bored with everything else.
  16. Oct 1, 2012
    I don't how they manage to make a game so fun like this one. Even if you end the story the game never ends. The effects and design of this game it's not at 100% mostly because of some vehicles that are not 100% functional like they used to be on GTASA, but that's mostly because it's a new engine. Maybe on the future, with GTAV we will be able to see this game working at 100%, and believeI don't how they manage to make a game so fun like this one. Even if you end the story the game never ends. The effects and design of this game it's not at 100% mostly because of some vehicles that are not 100% functional like they used to be on GTASA, but that's mostly because it's a new engine. Maybe on the future, with GTAV we will be able to see this game working at 100%, and believe me, i'm going to be there, playing it. Expand
  17. Nov 8, 2012
    The most advanced in the series to date, absolutely amazing game. Though has some optimisation issues and it took several years until the majority of PCs started to run this beast smoothly =)
  18. Feb 18, 2013
    By far the best GTA, just know that you should buy it if you have a SUPERULTRAMEGA-PC.
  19. Aug 12, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'ts one of greatest action game i been ever played. Graphics is very realistic, story is intresting.... But game have many bugs. This is biggest negative of the game. Expand
  20. Oct 14, 2011
    This game would have been the best PC game of all time if the scores are to par with the Xbox360 and PS3 versions if it weren't for the following: high system requirements, lag issues, graphics would have been sharper on some areas and too much odd content. As of version 1.06 of this game, most of the issues have been fixed and this gets my vote. If you don't have a 1.5+ GB high-end videoThis game would have been the best PC game of all time if the scores are to par with the Xbox360 and PS3 versions if it weren't for the following: high system requirements, lag issues, graphics would have been sharper on some areas and too much odd content. As of version 1.06 of this game, most of the issues have been fixed and this gets my vote. If you don't have a 1.5+ GB high-end video card, you cannot max out all the graphical settings for this PC game. Expand
  21. Aug 16, 2010
    So many people give this game a 0/10, and why? I'll analyze the various reasons people are rating it down. SecuROM: This is probably the only one I really agree with since I had problems with it too, but the game doesn't deserve a 0 because of it. As long as you know what you're doing you can use it without the SecuROM giving you any problems.
    Games for Windows LIVE and Rockstar Social
    Games for Windows LIVE and Rockstar Social Club: I really don't see where people are having problems with these. They're usually logged in before my game gets to the menu and that doesn't take too long. They don't really take any performance away and with Games for Windows LIVE you get some achievements to get too.
    Performance: I understand this, but take a look at the requirements before you buy the game. If your PC doesn't meet them, don't get it for PC. I know it's kind of tough on PCs, but it runs pretty smoothly for me on a Sapphire ATI HD 4850, AMD Athlon X2, and 2GB of RAM.
    Gameplay: I guess some people find it boring compared to other Grand Theft Auto games (or just find it boring in general), but if you don't like the game then I guess you'll be more careful before you buy another game in the series then.

Really though Grand Theft Auto IV is a good game. It has the best graphics for a Grand Theft Auto game so far in the series and if your PC can run it, get it. As usual you can expect to find mods and a custom radio station, but you also get a video editor which is interesting if you want to make your own Grand Theft Auto movies.
  22. Nov 8, 2011
    I don't undestand the negative opinions. Ok, when this game was released has a lot of serious bugs. But now, 3 years before, Rockstar has released more of 7 patches... I played this game last 6 months, and i really don't found any serious bug. I think the really bad and serious problems was resolved. The people that vote negative this game, please change your opinion, is possible now onI don't undestand the negative opinions. Ok, when this game was released has a lot of serious bugs. But now, 3 years before, Rockstar has released more of 7 patches... I played this game last 6 months, and i really don't found any serious bug. I think the really bad and serious problems was resolved. The people that vote negative this game, please change your opinion, is possible now on Metacritic. This game is one of the best !!! [9/10] Expand
  23. Mar 10, 2011
    Great game but lot of bugs. This game often crashes my PC. The background story is highly addictive and the city is good modeled. My pc is not so powerful, i've got Windows 7x64, 4 GB RAM DDR2, Dual Core Processor E6750, and a first generation Geforce GTS 8800 with 640mb of memory.
  24. Aug 10, 2012
    The best AAA game ever. Rockstar North had amazingly high hopes for this game and pulled it off. Is the story worthy of literary awards? No, but as far as videogame stories go, it is friggin Shakespeare. They actually get you care about the characters, and you really want to know how things turn out. The driving is first rate, smooth and fun, but still requiring skill. It's greatThe best AAA game ever. Rockstar North had amazingly high hopes for this game and pulled it off. Is the story worthy of literary awards? No, but as far as videogame stories go, it is friggin Shakespeare. They actually get you care about the characters, and you really want to know how things turn out. The driving is first rate, smooth and fun, but still requiring skill. It's great fun to master the mechanics, and then proceed to drive fast and furious. The combat, a little clunky, but it is a minor flaw in what otherwise is the best game of this generation. Expand
  25. Nov 6, 2010
    I don't see what the problem is. My computer was a relatively cheap one (purchased over 2 years ago for $1400 and the game ran perfectly. It had an amazing plot and cover based third person gameplay. The best GTA game to date.
  26. Nov 17, 2011
    Terrific game. GTAIV offers vast improvements in the graphics department over its predecessors. The game's controls were sometimes annoying - like when it demanded you tap "A" repeatedly in order to sprint, rather than just holding down a certain button to keep sprinting as long as you hold it down. It was also annoying to have to log into the social club and GFWL every time you boot upTerrific game. GTAIV offers vast improvements in the graphics department over its predecessors. The game's controls were sometimes annoying - like when it demanded you tap "A" repeatedly in order to sprint, rather than just holding down a certain button to keep sprinting as long as you hold it down. It was also annoying to have to log into the social club and GFWL every time you boot up the game. That being said, this is still GTA, it's still every bit as fun (if not moreso) than its predecessors. The graphics are superb - a vast improvement over the last generation of GTA titles. The story is also better, and the world is generally more believable and realistic. Whats more, the control system for aircraft in this game makes them much easier to control than the PC editions of Vice City or San Andreas. There are more strip clubs, and the strippers and prostitutes are now rendered in high definition glory, LOL! Ah, the joys of GTA. That stuff aside, there is realy a terrific game here that should not be overlooked. You'll get the familiar GTA-style storyline, with a more serious flavor to it. It has nearly all of the elements that made older GTA games fun, except perhaps airplanes, airports, and businesses you can buy like in Vice City. As for the negative reviews... we all know it's just people whining about the DRM... whether it's GFWL or the social club. Yes, the game requires a modern computer to run nicely. What do you expect? The game came out in like 2008 or 2009. I always laugh at these people who are surprised their 5-year-old "gaming-laptop" can't run it nicely, so then they go to complain about the game and whine. The bottom line: make sure you have a quad-core processor, a reasonably-new video card with at least 1gb memory, and 4gb of RAM. Then get ready for a terrific new installment to the GTA series =). Expand
  27. Apr 23, 2011
    epic game, almost perfect virtual world, very fun gameplay and pretty good multiplayer but unfortunate not enough players.
    definitely worth the money!
  28. Jun 11, 2011
    I first played this game on a crappy 2.4 single core AMD computer with 2.5 gb of DDR 1 RAM and a NVIDIA gt 220. It ran like crap, and I had to restart my computer to close it, because my computer couldn't spare the processing power. I love this game. I sunk 24 hours into it even with a terrible system. I now own a computer that runs it like a **** Specs: AMD Phenom 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GTX 460,I first played this game on a crappy 2.4 single core AMD computer with 2.5 gb of DDR 1 RAM and a NVIDIA gt 220. It ran like crap, and I had to restart my computer to close it, because my computer couldn't spare the processing power. I love this game. I sunk 24 hours into it even with a terrible system. I now own a computer that runs it like a **** Specs: AMD Phenom 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GTX 460, 8gb DDR3. This game is still amazing. The sheer volume of stuff to do is astounding, and the game reacts realistically to almost every situation. The radio stations are hilarious as all get out, and there's even cameos from famous comedians (Ricky Gervais). I don't touch the gay stuff so much, like dates, but the gunplay is well done too. The cover system is a little buggy sometimes, but it's much better on the PC than on the consoles. My only complaint was that the music on the radio sucks, but you can make your own radio station (Death and Sacred Oath rock). As for the rest of you giving it bad scores cause of your system, don't review a game if you can't run it right. It just makes the game look bad unfairly. Your system sucks, this game owns. Expand
  29. Feb 8, 2011
    In my opinion it is sad that the game is rated so badly by the reviewers. In my opinion for the PC this game is a masterpiece of programming. I love the graphics, I love the engine, I just love everything of this game. In the beginning I had a huge problem running this game but when I updated it everything was fine, even running it better than Episodes from Liberty City at the sameIn my opinion it is sad that the game is rated so badly by the reviewers. In my opinion for the PC this game is a masterpiece of programming. I love the graphics, I love the engine, I just love everything of this game. In the beginning I had a huge problem running this game but when I updated it everything was fine, even running it better than Episodes from Liberty City at the same graphics. The controls are good, the graphics are awesome, the gameplay is awesome... What else? Expand
  30. Feb 13, 2011
    love this game, it's a huge favorite. Runs clean on my pc. Love it on xbox 360 as well. Multiplayer greatness as well. I love the fact that there is a free roam mode for multi player. I play it via Steam with my usb xbox controller and its mapped out very well. Running it on a Geforce GTX 460
    AMD Phenom2 Quad core
    8GB Ram 64bit Win 7
  31. Mar 27, 2011
    This game is completely awesome. In my honest opinion it easily blows the other titles out the water. Its sad to see that a bunch of people who must be using Atari Mainboards marked this game down to a measly 4.9. I run this game with FULL settings and have no "Herky Jerk" problems, as some have put it. This include ASx16 Full Shadows, Textures, View Distance. 1055t X6 @ 3.5, HD6850, 8gbThis game is completely awesome. In my honest opinion it easily blows the other titles out the water. Its sad to see that a bunch of people who must be using Atari Mainboards marked this game down to a measly 4.9. I run this game with FULL settings and have no "Herky Jerk" problems, as some have put it. This include ASx16 Full Shadows, Textures, View Distance. 1055t X6 @ 3.5, HD6850, 8gb 1600mhz ram Expand
  32. Apr 16, 2011
    GTA has come of age- great graphics, fun story and missions (as usual!). Bugs? I've had zero issues with my Steam copy- not sure what everyone is banging on about....
  33. Nov 25, 2011
    I would say that this game is much better on a 360 or PS3 than it is on PC. The reason for this is short and simple: Games for Windows. I respect Windows, and I'm running it on my computer as I type this, but one thing is clear: they need to back the hell off of the gaming market, because they're ruining a lot of nice games. Some good examples: Bioshock 2, GTA IV, The Witcher, Alone in theI would say that this game is much better on a 360 or PS3 than it is on PC. The reason for this is short and simple: Games for Windows. I respect Windows, and I'm running it on my computer as I type this, but one thing is clear: they need to back the hell off of the gaming market, because they're ruining a lot of nice games. Some good examples: Bioshock 2, GTA IV, The Witcher, Alone in the Dark, and many more. The Games for Windows seal is more of a curse than anything else. Luckily, I bought this on Steam for $4.99, so I didn't waste too much. The game itself is great, so I've given it a 9/10, but Games for Windows has nearly rendered it unplayable. God dammit, Windows. Expand
  34. Aug 1, 2011
    The game had a lot of issues about the performance, but, the engine of physics and graphics are amazing, even we are at 2011, the game still up to date, so, worth having this game and upgrade your computer!
  35. Aug 16, 2011
    i played this game with a acer 4551 with an hd4250 and it runs on low graphic but you will have fun, now i have a phenom 955 + hd5770 and i run this on maximun quality, just punt the shows on high and this will double the fps, the game is sick, this is real enterteiment
  36. Sep 16, 2011
    Wow, I have to preface by acknowledging the immense hostility in the user score towards this game. I did not play this on the PC at the outset, but I have since been playing it, and although I hear it was incredibly buggy out of the box, patch 1.07 as it stands is wonderful. If you have the machine to play it, it is one of the more beautiful games for the PC, with a rich modding communityWow, I have to preface by acknowledging the immense hostility in the user score towards this game. I did not play this on the PC at the outset, but I have since been playing it, and although I hear it was incredibly buggy out of the box, patch 1.07 as it stands is wonderful. If you have the machine to play it, it is one of the more beautiful games for the PC, with a rich modding community behind it which tries to push the graphics even further. The controls aren't exactly great for mouse and keyboard, but it happily accepts the 360 gamepad, or you can use an emulator to use a PS3 pad. The game itself is pretty damn awesome, and I really have to stress how much better it looks than the console version, as well as having a "clip capture" feature similar to onlive's brag clip feature that allows you to capture and post the details of the random zany accidents you get into when crashing sports cars. I don't like that it uses the "social club", I despise all extraneous logins for any game, but you don't have to log in unless you want multiplayer.

All in all, because GTAIV is an amazing game, and it really takes advantage of the graphical capabilities of the PC version, unlike so many ports (and I have to add, the graphics tuning utility is EXTRAORDINARILY friendly and informative).
  37. Jul 5, 2012
    PC version worthed the wait. PC version lacks motion blur and depth of field and provides much better graphics and controls, especially LODs. The only thing missing is anti-aliasing, though i've added FXAA via nvidia control panel. -1 for AA-lack and some bugs. Still, the best GTA and open-world game by far.
  38. Sep 16, 2011
    I'm not one of these, which gives 0 to game because it didn't run on them PC's. I gave this rating because game isn't as awesome as game for 10 should be. Cons: formula isn't nothing fresh. of course, shooting, driving is improved, but it's not deserve the highest score. Even with absolutely gorgeus main plot.
  39. Oct 7, 2011
    Just a fun as all the other GTA's but with better graphics. The characters are more fleshed out and the story is up to GTA standard. These are the big positives, now the negatives. The ending requires you to be a pro helicopter pilot to complete the game, something you don't have to learn anywhere else in the game to the same degree of expertise. Also, if you fail as this very poorlyJust a fun as all the other GTA's but with better graphics. The characters are more fleshed out and the story is up to GTA standard. These are the big positives, now the negatives. The ending requires you to be a pro helicopter pilot to complete the game, something you don't have to learn anywhere else in the game to the same degree of expertise. Also, if you fail as this very poorly thought through part of the game you need to spend 10 minutes of pissing around just to have another shot at it. This is almost as frustrating a the stupid alien world in half-life 1.

What we have is a **** with a beautiful drop dead body but hideous head. Very frustrating ultimately! But if you put a paper bag over its head and don't ever bother finishing the game because it's a pointless exercise in a game like this anyhow then you get to enjoy one hell of a ride. Another small negative I experienced were serious game stopping technical issues related to playing it on a dual core, you should have quad! Its a very enjoyable sandbox game with some very nice imagery.
  40. Oct 20, 2011
    Why are you people hating???????? Just because you have a bad computer? Not the games fault! It is amazing. Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, amazing multiplayer, amazing everything! I have it for PS3 and it runs smoothly on the career. On multiplayer, its a bit hard to get in a game, you need to have good internet connection, but its still AMAZING! STOP putting bad reviews cause youWhy are you people hating???????? Just because you have a bad computer? Not the games fault! It is amazing. Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, amazing multiplayer, amazing everything! I have it for PS3 and it runs smoothly on the career. On multiplayer, its a bit hard to get in a game, you need to have good internet connection, but its still AMAZING! STOP putting bad reviews cause you guys cant play it on awesome graphics!!!!!!
    This game deserves a 11 out of 10. Yey, it's that good.
  41. Oct 27, 2011
    I think the best game that has appeared in the world! I really like, the best gta is released! I like the whole story, the protagonist straight genius! Very good game and who does not say that computers are stupid or do not like him the whole topic.
  42. Dec 3, 2011
    Number 1 On My Top 3 List It's Best Game Ever Funny Story,Drugs,Guns,Action,Bowling,Pool,Mcdonalds,Internet Cafe,Missions And Best Of All N
    I
    I
    C
    BELIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Mar 21, 2012
    1 thing i could say. AMAZING amazing graphics amazing story and you look at the sense of humor this game has and the game is more "open world" than the previous versions
  44. Apr 25, 2012
    I've been playing the Grand Theft Auto games since the first one got released, and this is certainly one of the best ones in todays standard. Sure, personally I prefer Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City over this one, but it's still a very enjoyable game.

As always, Grand Theft Auto is best played on a computer.
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    I have been playing Grand theft auto series since the very first version of this game. I remember I used to run it from a floppy disk. Its great to see how much this game keeps evolving. I really do not understand why so many people is bashing on this game. While I understand there are considerable flaws mentioned before as bugs and glitches, every damn game has them. BFD. Anyway, the gameI have been playing Grand theft auto series since the very first version of this game. I remember I used to run it from a floppy disk. Its great to see how much this game keeps evolving. I really do not understand why so many people is bashing on this game. While I understand there are considerable flaws mentioned before as bugs and glitches, every damn game has them. BFD. Anyway, the game has a few additions compared to the older GTA series, it has several interactions with NPC characters as friendship, dating etc. I see many people complaining about them, that it takes out the real action of the game, complaints about the story being too long. I don't get it. It is not like you are being forced to date every npc in order to progress as they only add certain perks during the story. When a game is too short, people complain about it. When its too long, they complain too! This game is a great addition to the series and one of my favorites by far. Lots of in game content to do if you wanna stall your progression a bit, you can unlock perks from dating chicks and raising up friends rep, get extra cash from side jobs, there is just lots to do for a single player game. This game is not intended to be finished in one or two sits, if that is your intention, you should stay away from it. Also, to maximize fun, I totally recommend not to use any sort of cheats and take your time with all the game brings up to this release. As for the graphics, I play with 2 different computers, the poorest GPU I play this game with is a nvidia 9600gt, which is pretty old and run the game pretty well. It is not all about your graphics card, you need enough RAM memory and a decent processor to get it run smooth. I bought it for about 13-15 bucks on steam, I am about 40 hours played and there is still lots to do. Worth every penny. Not to mention there is still the multiplayer option, for those who like playing versus or free for all matches. The only thing I can really say that I dislike about the franchise this far is the requirement of social club and games for windows live registration. You got to create one account on each site in order to utilize all the game features. All in all, its a really fun game if you are a fan of the series and worth every dollar spent. Expand
  46. Nov 29, 2012
    If you don't mind the 'realism' this is one of the best action games ever. The game looks awesome, the storyline is epic, the weapons are fun, and you can have at least hundred hours of playtime..
  47. Nov 27, 2012
    I can say that this game is very high on it's requirements to run it for pc. But it is awesome for it's modding community and thats actually why I got this game. The modding community is awesome and there is very much mods that are available to download. It is just amazing how much mods it is there. The main storyline isn't bad, it has much awesome missions, but after completing them manyI can say that this game is very high on it's requirements to run it for pc. But it is awesome for it's modding community and thats actually why I got this game. The modding community is awesome and there is very much mods that are available to download. It is just amazing how much mods it is there. The main storyline isn't bad, it has much awesome missions, but after completing them many times you might want to do some fun with the game, and get some mods. That is what I did. I highly recommend you to buy this game. :) Expand
  48. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is one of the best games I ever played. It is very fun and I can't stop playing it. The graphics are very good, and the playability is very well-made. It's worthy of a ten.
  49. Dec 22, 2012
    Personally one of the only games in my steam library (besides Portal series/HL series) that I've actually completed and played again! The new generation of sandbox gaming.
  50. Jan 5, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto IV is more than capable of being a 10/10 but its let down by a disappointing port to the PC. The video editor is a great addition but more time spent making this game run well would have been preferred.
  51. Jan 31, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 4 is the best of the series, a third-person shooter that combines frantic shooter sections with a deep storyline, which focuses on the protagonist Niko Bellic, who seeks his fortune in the land of opportunity, but soon discovers the hostility of a city that thinks only of capitalism do not worry about criminals and the mafia who commit crimes of crimes, killingGrand Theft Auto 4 is the best of the series, a third-person shooter that combines frantic shooter sections with a deep storyline, which focuses on the protagonist Niko Bellic, who seeks his fortune in the land of opportunity, but soon discovers the hostility of a city that thinks only of capitalism do not worry about criminals and the mafia who commit crimes of crimes, killing necessario.Niko Bellic if it was subjected to the orders of someone willing to pay well, in order to support himself and his cousin Roman who made you think by e-mail to be wealthy and was full of debiti.Vi will then catapulted into an adventure without equal that will have you playing for hours.
    Also speaking in general Grand Theft Auto 4 has a graphics among the most efficient of all time, which allows them to rebuild the city of New York to the smallest detail, and a physics engine that reacts depending on the circumstances and stress esterne.Le sections multiplayer are truly beautiful and I recommend everyone to try them. I think there is a lot of ignorance about this title Rockstar, one of the most beautiful and profound of all.
  52. Feb 13, 2013
    Kill People Shoot School. this game has so much swag it had me rolling in stitches when i killed Hoes In the street and nobody cared because hoes. #YOLO
  53. Aug 10, 2013
    Awesome game. Intriguing story, awesome graphics, fun to play. Well, mybe PC port could be better (back when released only ultra-hi-end PC could run it maxed), but now game runs flawlessly for most gamers. Great modding community.
  54. Apr 12, 2014
    This is still an outstanding game. I'm waiting for GTA V for PC (or PS4) but the graphics, music, missions, shooting mechanics (even with controller), are just great. This is much fun to play. And the best of this game is the humor. I almost can't believe this game is already 6 years old. The satiric humor on the radio stations is still spot-on, aiming at the current western society.
  55. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA IV is a fantastic game, with excellent fiction and a city that has its own character. I am on my second play through now in preparation for GTA V for the PC and it feels as fresh as it did 3 years ago. I must say that you really need a fast CPU to get good frame rates from this game... I upgraded from a Core2Quad to a Core i5 4670K recently and the game finally runs at 60fps usingGTA IV is a fantastic game, with excellent fiction and a city that has its own character. I am on my second play through now in preparation for GTA V for the PC and it feels as fresh as it did 3 years ago. I must say that you really need a fast CPU to get good frame rates from this game... I upgraded from a Core2Quad to a Core i5 4670K recently and the game finally runs at 60fps using the same video card... NVidia GTX 480. The game does NOT run better with a better video card. Expand
  56. Jan 12, 2014
    Greatest open world action adventure i've played.
    the world is EPIC and alive with stunning visuals,good looking NPCs and awesome weather changes.
    really Great voice actors and EPIC charachters that you gonna remember alot of them. the gameplay is really good.......when you shoot someone in his leg he falls and crawls and when you shoot someone on the roof he falls from it, i mean the
    Greatest open world action adventure i've played.
    the gameplay is really good.......when you shoot someone in his leg he falls and crawls and when you shoot someone on the roof he falls from it, i mean the developers did awesome things in the gameplay that i've never seen in alot of games.
    AWESOME radio stations especially the Vladivostok,San juan,The beat,electro and radio Broker,btw my fav song in the game was Gruppa krovi from the Vladivostok FM.
    Stunning cars and driving is awesome and realistic,also realistic crashing and accidents are with no doubt one of the best things in the game,i mean you can just take a car and run into some people and have alot of fun.
    my problems with this game are:
    1- alot of missions are all about whacking and killing people with no strange ideas for missions like these in San andreas.
    2-the game has tons of awesome characters but alot of them you will do 2 missions or 3 only like (Manny,Play boy-X,Bruce and Little jacob)
    3-The story is good but nothing special.
    overall this game is great,you have great graphics,Awesome characters,EPIC living world,great voice actors especially NIKO and Little jacob,alot of new ideas like phone,going online and attending a shows, great main theme and radio stations,also dating was really good.
    but i guess the console version is better.
  57. Jul 1, 2013
    i am making a new review as update for my review that i wrote in march.i said there is a problem that the game is slow,so i succeded to fix it and now i am doing a new review with an higher score.so here is the new review.
    gta iv is a masterpiece,it is one of the bests games i ever played.the cars are fast,the gameplay is great,the story is good.there is nothing to complaing
  58. Dec 14, 2013
    Rockstar really impressed me with this. Besides the bugs, the game is awesome. We had a 360 console for everyone and it blew up so then we all had got our own and then must of our owns blew up so now we're playing it on pc. No performance issues or any problems with the difficulty level. I have quite a GTA collection. 10/10 including all GTA games.
  59. May 25, 2013
    I can't believe there are people complaining about how CPU and graphic intensive this game is. It's GTA IV. There's massive amounts of things going on. How does the fact that your PC is terrible, make this a bad game?

Apart from all that, it had a very nice storyline, that usual GTA feel to it, loads of things going on, things to do etc. Lots of attention to detail. Great game. Enough said.
  60. Sep 24, 2013
    It's very apparent that GTA IV on PC is a sloppy console port, but it's really not the worst out there. It can run well on medium-end hardware with the right tweaks used, you just need to have a brain and enough dedication to search for the tweaks yourself. If you don't, then get the 2nd best version (Xbox 360). Aside from tech issues... Gameplay is solid. Story is interesting (EFLC dlcIt's very apparent that GTA IV on PC is a sloppy console port, but it's really not the worst out there. It can run well on medium-end hardware with the right tweaks used, you just need to have a brain and enough dedication to search for the tweaks yourself. If you don't, then get the 2nd best version (Xbox 360). Aside from tech issues... Gameplay is solid. Story is interesting (EFLC dlc applies). Memorable characters. Lots of humor mixed with seriousness. The character behavior is quite realistic and so are the ragdoll physics. Vehicle collision physics are amazing, like no other game I've seen. Driving cars feels a little weird (fixable with mods). Mods keep this game alive! If you decide to get it on PC, get some mods! Here's a few that will make it worth your while: Icenhancer, Realistic Driving, Simple Native Trainer. I don't know how big multiplayer is nowadays, but back then, it was FUN! But so is single player, running over 30 pedestrians all at once, filling the screen with realistically flopping bodies and watching where they all land. It never gets old to me! Am I deranged? :P Expand
  61. Apr 29, 2013
    I would like to say to everybody that are reading these reviews, that this game is definitely worth your money. There is tons of content, collectibles, customization and much more in this game to keep you playing for hours. Even if the singleplayer sucked (but you know it won't, it's Grand Theft Auto!) the multiplayer is one of the best that I have ever seen, there are countlessI would like to say to everybody that are reading these reviews, that this game is definitely worth your money. There is tons of content, collectibles, customization and much more in this game to keep you playing for hours. Even if the singleplayer sucked (but you know it won't, it's Grand Theft Auto!) the multiplayer is one of the best that I have ever seen, there are countless different modes (I'm not even kidding, there is like 13 or something), each offering lots of value to play. I mean, there has to be a reason that IGN gave this game a 10/10, right? However, you might be mislead by the user score of 6.0 and the almost 500 negative reviews. There are many complains involving the issue of "the world being too small" and people going on this forum, b*tching that their computer can't handle the game and it is impossible to run. I would like to clear up the issues of both these problems. Firstly, if you find the world too small, go back to San Andreas and ride your jetpack, OK? this has to be if not the most then one of the most detailed open world cities that I have ever seen in a video game. Incredible graphics make the city feel much more realistic than any open world game before, and obviously a ton of work was spent on it. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you come down to Rockstar and try making the map yourself. This game is much more mature than any of the other ones, and adds a more realistic feel to it, and in addition, if you can't stand that there are little to no cheats, head down to GTAInside.com and get some mods, there has got to be thousands of them. Also, another complaint is that their computer can't handle it. THIS IS A LIE!!! No, they most likely can't handle max graphics, because imagine a whole city that detailed running in perfect graphics, do you really think that your computer can handle it. Even when you turn your graphics down a bit, the graphics are still awesome. If you are so concerned that your computer can't run GTA 4 on max graphics, then go buy a better computer and stop b*tching about is on these forums, I saw so many complaints on here, I almost didn't buy the game myself! Now, if you are blessed with a PC whose specs can easily handle this game on max, go check out the ICenhancer mod, it will literally blow you away. Overall, I would just like to say that this game is definitively worth checking out, it is one of the most complete games, with the best story, that I have ever played. And even almost 5 years after it's launch, it still remains to be one of my favourite games of all time. Expand
  62. Dec 6, 2014
    This game deserves a much higher user score. The port issues have been fixed within day from release with patches and apart from being a bad port at launch, this is an excellent game.
  63. Apr 7, 2013
    AMAZING JUST AMAZING! I have always loved all the GTA series, I've played every single GTA and this is the best one! Graphics are amazing, only thing is you need lots of vram, i had x2 GTX 460's and i cannot max the game, I'm close to it tho,cant wait for GTA V I'm sure it will be just as amazing. I must say you do need a very good PC to play GTA iv, as it does not support SLI or anythingAMAZING JUST AMAZING! I have always loved all the GTA series, I've played every single GTA and this is the best one! Graphics are amazing, only thing is you need lots of vram, i had x2 GTX 460's and i cannot max the game, I'm close to it tho,cant wait for GTA V I'm sure it will be just as amazing. I must say you do need a very good PC to play GTA iv, as it does not support SLI or anything but I'm sure future Grand theft auto games will have no issues. Expand
  64. Sep 20, 2013
    GTA as a Game never ever disappointed me. Played every single GTA and i never enjoyed any Game series so much. The Game might be a bit "empty" compared to San Andreas, but GTA IV has a great story and a main character. Physics are also good.

The city appeared more alive compared to any other GTA because of those little quests and random events. We can all agree that the PC port is a

We can all agree that the PC port is a complete disaster. Horrible performance and lots of bugs Rockstar just rushed it and put no effort into it. They made fun of their huge PC playerbase, there is nothing more to say. But yeah, even though the Game ran like crap, even with my good PC, i still loved the Game.
  65. Jun 29, 2013
    The game of the century, such game will be made once in a century, best game ever, the best free roaming game ever, best gameplay, best graphics, best story and best physics.
  66. Oct 19, 2014
    To je GTA, najbolja igra svih vremena, ali ova epizoda ima puno problema sa optimizacijom, a i zadnjamisija je u nekom cudnom ozracju.................
  67. Nov 18, 2014
    This game have some optimization problems and you may need a decent system. All performance issues at the side the game is actually very well written. Filled with character and a dark vibe the story is very well made. Gameplay can be a bit clunky but overall it's immersive and you never feel alone in this lively city.
  68. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. Now i play a lot of video games but whenever i play with friends or am just overall bored i always come back to this game! With its action packed story-line to its amazing multiplayer this game is for anyone wanting a blast and a blast to last forever!
  69. Jul 29, 2013
    All round good game! Diverse and immersing storyline, interesting and varying missions and plenty to do when the main story is complete. Diverse range of vehicles, weapons, side missions, collectibles and unlocks provide a great and fun environment to play in. However constant harassment by friends to "go bowling" or "play pool" becomes extremely frustrating. Also hand to hand combat andAll round good game! Diverse and immersing storyline, interesting and varying missions and plenty to do when the main story is complete. Diverse range of vehicles, weapons, side missions, collectibles and unlocks provide a great and fun environment to play in. However constant harassment by friends to "go bowling" or "play pool" becomes extremely frustrating. Also hand to hand combat and traversing on foot fails to provide fluent and enjoyable game play at times. Not to mention common freezing and lag issues. Expand
  70. Aug 20, 2013
    People who give this a 1-5 have not played the game on PC. The game works with Windows 7, and over and under to a certain point, there is in fact really good graphics that your computer has to handle, in which almost every persons' computer can handle. This is a wonderful game with many perks, all say there are 'bugs' these are easter eggs. Not bugs.
  71. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is awesome (like almost every Grand Theft Auto title), but it has two things which can scare PC gamers away Games for Windows Live and SecuROM, not to mention the quality of porting this game can stutter on high-end PCs, but if you don't mind things I mentioned above, you will have a really good time.
  72. Sep 13, 2013
    This game should be recognised as one of the all time best games for the PC. The gameplay, the new features, mainly the graphics are all superb. Mind blowing storyline, that's all i can say. I mostly loved the three leaf clover mission which u do under Packie if i am not mistaken. That was the best ever GTA mission i've ever done. That was massive climax in the game.
  73. Sep 25, 2014
    The radio is just the best soundtrack I ever heard. Main defaults: dumb police, disappearing cars and very very bad acrobatics. Otherwise, such a pleasure!
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    best game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best game
  75. Nov 13, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto IV was an amazing culmination of graphics and story and of course our favorite reason to play GTA, the ability to walk up to anyone and....... kill them. But what stood out to me the most was GTA IV Story. GTA IV's protagonist, Niko Bellic, is a man that a lot of people can relate to; he is just tired and always drawn into things he doesn't want to do but he does themGrand Theft Auto IV was an amazing culmination of graphics and story and of course our favorite reason to play GTA, the ability to walk up to anyone and....... kill them. But what stood out to me the most was GTA IV Story. GTA IV's protagonist, Niko Bellic, is a man that a lot of people can relate to; he is just tired and always drawn into things he doesn't want to do but he does them because he needs to; a very admirable quality. He also has a hint of P.T.S.D syndrome from going through war and doing a lot of things he didn't want to do and seeing a lot of things he didn't want to see. Yet he toils on to help his cousin with his financtial problems and then protect him from various very bad characters. He is a big step up from GTA III's protagonist who's name isn't even mentioned in game and he doesn't even talk. So the compelling story and the amazing, borderline lag your computer graphics is why I think this game is so great. Expand
  76. Jun 7, 2014
    I thought it was really fun and runs smooth but that's probably because I have a really good gaming pc. I don't usually play games that long because something new comes out and I switch games but this one seems to never run out of stuff to do. The graphics aren't amazing but this also released back in 2008. There is so much stuff to do in this game and if you mod it, it makes it evenI thought it was really fun and runs smooth but that's probably because I have a really good gaming pc. I don't usually play games that long because something new comes out and I switch games but this one seems to never run out of stuff to do. The graphics aren't amazing but this also released back in 2008. There is so much stuff to do in this game and if you mod it, it makes it even better. Most people reviewed it bad because they don't have a good gaming pc. Expand
  77. Sep 29, 2014
    Absolutely amazing experience. The perfect amount of action, humor, and customization to make every gamer happy. Missions are kept interesting, the story is always kept interesting with lots of plot twists. The open world is large with plenty of vehicles and interaction with civilians and also hidden missions when you pass by certain ones. All of the characters have great personalities andAbsolutely amazing experience. The perfect amount of action, humor, and customization to make every gamer happy. Missions are kept interesting, the story is always kept interesting with lots of plot twists. The open world is large with plenty of vehicles and interaction with civilians and also hidden missions when you pass by certain ones. All of the characters have great personalities and make an amazing experience overall. Expand
  78. Oct 31, 2014
    best game ever . all gta games are the best series . i played those games 2 or 3 times over with all DLC, and I still can play them again and again, because the story in those games is so great . waiting for GTA V PC !!!
  79. Jul 8, 2014
    What can I say about this game ? Great graphics, gameplay, easy to shoot, great story, like Niko Bellic the most. But I'm kind of lazy to play this game.
  80. Jul 15, 2014
    I currently run GTA IV on an older gaming rig and have no issues when running it at max settings, even with an ENBSeries mod. I have played through it many times and have found that I'm always finding new and exciting mods to use. There are currently 4,165 car mods on GTAinside.com alone, and that number grows all the time. I have only found one bug with the game, but I'm not allowing itI currently run GTA IV on an older gaming rig and have no issues when running it at max settings, even with an ENBSeries mod. I have played through it many times and have found that I'm always finding new and exciting mods to use. There are currently 4,165 car mods on GTAinside.com alone, and that number grows all the time. I have only found one bug with the game, but I'm not allowing it to tarnish my score, and that is due to the fact that the bug is entirely a third-party fault. The bug in question is the SMPA60 Unrecoverable Fault, which is caused when a mod maker does not update mesh deformation on a car model. This causes that game to crash at random times, often at checkpoints in missions. This also can lead to a corrupt save file, but can often be fixed by moving all saved cars out of their parking spaces. This bug has caused some trouble but I have no qualms with restarting my game and playing through the story again, as it is a well written, gritty, and dark story that manages to draw you in and not let you go. The humor is dark, the action intense, what more could you want? 10/10 Expand
  81. Jul 19, 2014
    Gta IV : Comment dire ... Juste épic ,Super scénario avec des différents choix a faire . Gros point positive : Les Mods téléchargeable .... Amélioration graphique , nouveau véhicule ,nouvelle armes , possibilité d'incarner la police ...
  82. Jul 31, 2014
    The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV was pretty great, and it was easy for script modders to make their mods for this game. And what is the #1 reason why anyone would wait to get GTA on the computer? For mods of course, and Rockstar made it pretty easy for the modders to make their mods. Additionally, as for the Games for Windows Live, it was not a good choice to choose that, and it'sThe PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV was pretty great, and it was easy for script modders to make their mods for this game. And what is the #1 reason why anyone would wait to get GTA on the computer? For mods of course, and Rockstar made it pretty easy for the modders to make their mods. Additionally, as for the Games for Windows Live, it was not a good choice to choose that, and it's annoying to have to make an account on GWFL and Rockstar (and maybe Steam), but Bethesda Softworks did the same with Fallout 3, and I see less hate going towards them over that decision than Rockstar. Finally, I would like to say, this game although a bit of hassle, is totally worth it with all of the mods you can add to it, get this game while we wait for GTA V on the PC. Expand
  83. Nov 2, 2014
    Seria Grand Theft Auto, deja duce spre alta perspectiva. Jocul este mult mai real decat predecesorul si te arunca in orasul Liberty City ( orasul in care se desfasoara GTA III). Jocul este bestial, chiar merita.
  84. Sep 8, 2014
    Одна из лучших частей: график ,геймплей, музыка все очень очень круто 10 из 10 !!!!!!!!!!!! Developer Молодцы супер !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Один - плохая оптимизация для персонального компьютера .
  85. Sep 5, 2014
    I think all in all Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly a perfect game. The graphics are nearly amazing, so Liberty City appears alive. Indeed, the world is not as big as in GTA San Andreas, but in GTA IV it is rich in detail. There are interesting characters and different activities to do besides the story-missions. The only thing I am criticizing is that a short time the story-missions alwaysI think all in all Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly a perfect game. The graphics are nearly amazing, so Liberty City appears alive. Indeed, the world is not as big as in GTA San Andreas, but in GTA IV it is rich in detail. There are interesting characters and different activities to do besides the story-missions. The only thing I am criticizing is that a short time the story-missions always have the same process. But the story at all ist very good, too. Even because it conveys in some extend that violence is not (always) a way to solve problems - even in a game like GTA. Expand

1. It's the peripheral distractions of both going out with Roman, and meeting your girlfriends, that really make your virtual life so worth living. Although incredibly simplistic, they're oddly touching...One of the finest videogames ever. [Christmas 2008, p.87]
  2. The most grown-up GTA and the best realised, but it doesn't respect the PC much. Enjoy the multiplayer madness if you can. [Christmas 2008, p.96]
  3. A genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in videogame history. There were moments playing GTA IV that I thought back to my initial experiences with games, and realised exactly how far we've come. There's never been anything quite like GTA IV in the world. That there makes me genuinely happy to be a gamer.