Grand Theft Auto IV PC

6.6

1. Oct 14, 2017
    Grand Theft Auto IV is, without doubt, one of the greatest video games of all time, even though the experience on PC is constantly undermined by an abundance of technical issues.
  2. Sep 13, 2017
    This is what GTA V should have been.
    I've been playing GTA IV since 2011 and i've to say, It is one of the best action-adventure games out there.
    This is what GTA V should have been.
    The game makes you feel like you're Niko Bellic, The game is just so realistic and amazing, The physics are great (Fun fact: Physics in GTA V is **** compared to this game.), The car movement and controls are amazing. The game was made in 2008 but, It has aged pretty well. It has an atmosphere that makes you feel like... well.... a criminal. The story has a lot of depth to it and handles character building pretty well, the theme is amazing and the game is just great overall!
    The port is not optimized, though.
  3. Jul 30, 2017
    Pros:
    -love the voice acting
    -story is OK -runs well on my system Cons: -BORING! Chase with car, or motorbike, or... kill the target to get a little money that can't actually be spent on anything - mindless driving. If I was too young to have a licence this might be fun but... - repetitive quests with no real point to them whatsoever. Starts out with a guy I thought was trying to
    Pros:
    -love the voice acting
    -story is OK
    -runs well on my system

Cons:
    - repetitive quests with no real point to them whatsoever. Starts out with a guy I thought was trying to better himself but instead becomes a mindless psychopathic thug... who kills for money that can't be spent on anything
    - GTA 5 is funny. GTA 4 is boring.
    - installed it for the third time intending to force myself to finish it. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. It is BORING!
  4. Jun 26, 2017
    The best game of Grand Theft Auto franchise!!!!!!!!! This is much better than cof cof, GTA San Andreas. The people are very hipocrite to say this game is a trash.
  5. Jun 22, 2017
    I love it. Legendary. Wow amazing game. 10/10. This is the best open world game franchise and this time it outdid itself. NB is now a legend because of this game. Stunning visuals, breathtaking cut scenes, awesome gameplay and the biggest map ever. The city of New York comes alive in this game like nothing I've ever seen. A work of art. Rockstar rocking.
  6. Jun 16, 2017
    Gameplay : 7
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  7. Mar 28, 2017
    My second favorite GTA.The thing that i like about the game is the story,for me it's the best GTA in terms of story.I really like the thing that you can choose what to do in some missions,which actually has a effect on the story.Now the cons - not so open world,annoying calls from your friends,bad port,windows live sucks!
  8. Feb 25, 2017
    GT4 fue el primer juego de rockstar en la nueva generacion jugabilistica. Aca vivimos las aventuras de Nico Belic un serbio que escapa de su pais en guerra a vivir el sueño americano. al menos eso es lo que su primo le cuenta. al llegar descubre que la ciudad esta llena de drogas, armas y muerte. con la ayuda de aliados y otros personajes trata de salir adelante pero su pasado lo vuelve aGT4 fue el primer juego de rockstar en la nueva generacion jugabilistica. Aca vivimos las aventuras de Nico Belic un serbio que escapa de su pais en guerra a vivir el sueño americano. al menos eso es lo que su primo le cuenta. al llegar descubre que la ciudad esta llena de drogas, armas y muerte. con la ayuda de aliados y otros personajes trata de salir adelante pero su pasado lo vuelve a atormentar. excelentes graficos, excelente jugabilidad y la conduccion mas realista en todo el universo GTA con lo bueno y lo malo que eso trae. Expand
  9. Jan 31, 2017
    I still remember how badly optimised this game is on Windows. I was having the top hardware at the time of release but I couldn't get over 30fps. Game is also loaded with bugs. Story is far too dark and there is a lot less content than GTASA. IMO, trying to be realistic is a huge mistake of the GTA franchise - it killed the charm and humour present in the GTA3 era releases.
  10. Nov 25, 2016
    Gta 4 is a great game on the consoles, but the PC port feels rushed. Where do I begin, well for starters the game would not even launch, no matter how many times I tried, I had to download a mod that fixed that problem for me. But when I first played the game the setting were on the lowest possible, and the game looked terrible, and it wouldn't even let me change the settings. Again I gotGta 4 is a great game on the consoles, but the PC port feels rushed. Where do I begin, well for starters the game would not even launch, no matter how many times I tried, I had to download a mod that fixed that problem for me. But when I first played the game the setting were on the lowest possible, and the game looked terrible, and it wouldn't even let me change the settings. Again I got a mod that fixed that problem as well. The game also suffers from constant frame-rate drops, and crashes that become annoying after a while, and there is no way of telling when the game is going to crash, so make sure you save at all times. I know it is not my PC, because I have the best graphics card, and processor currently available. Until Rockstar decides to fix these issues, I can't recommend the game to you on PC. Just buy it on Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2016
    The storyline is just pure epicness. Niko Bellic is my most favorite GTA character of all time. However a huge drawback is how terribly this game is optimized. Even on my laptop which should be enough to play this game on high is having pretty huge lags and i have like 40-50 fps on low settings. This game was much, but it could have been alot more if only they would have fixed the awfulThe storyline is just pure epicness. Niko Bellic is my most favorite GTA character of all time. However a huge drawback is how terribly this game is optimized. Even on my laptop which should be enough to play this game on high is having pretty huge lags and i have like 40-50 fps on low settings. This game was much, but it could have been alot more if only they would have fixed the awful optimization. Expand
  12. Nov 21, 2016
    Liberty City is better than ever, The detailed graphics made the Liberty City of the previous games brought life to it. The characters and story are well-done. But at the same time weird for a Grand Theft Auto Game.

Grand Theft Auto 4 is one of my favourite and one of the best Grand Theft Auto game I've ever played. The characters are detailed and interesting. Niko Bellic is a well-written video game character, he is given character development throughout the game, Roman Bellic, Niko's cousin is lovable and loves bowling and their relationship as cousins are well presented.The Characters are given time to develop and given the fact it focuses on the story more than the customisation and has smaller maps than it's previous game San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto 4 still improves from it.The missions are repetitive in earlier parts but because of the story I don't really notice it. The story is where Grand Theft Auto 4 shines it is the most detailed story in any grand theft auto game, it is realistic and dark .

The game might have smaller map, less vehicles and less customisation but because of the serious tone, well written characters and deeper story line made this game great and it is one of Rock Star's best Games.
  13. Oct 25, 2016
    At first i hated GTA 4, cuz San Andreas really reset the bar high for open world games and 4 was smaller, more restrictive game in comparison from what i heard and saw, but when i got my hands on it i fell in love and almost didnt play any other game for 3 years. Niko is an amazing anti hero protagonist and whole story is done superbly, much much much better than GTA V's in my opinion. ItsAt first i hated GTA 4, cuz San Andreas really reset the bar high for open world games and 4 was smaller, more restrictive game in comparison from what i heard and saw, but when i got my hands on it i fell in love and almost didnt play any other game for 3 years. Niko is an amazing anti hero protagonist and whole story is done superbly, much much much better than GTA V's in my opinion. Its just that lousy PC port that gets in the way on being an absolute masterpiece of a game. Expand
  14. Sep 5, 2016
    I tried a long time ago to end this game, but somehow , i lost my interest and i get bored. Now , finally i end this game but i changed my opininon. Somehow , story isn't good, for me. I get bored and.. i think was not good. Missions are 50/50. Some missions are very boring and no sense. Otherwise are good, verry good. The Graphics are good, not the best but is ok. Sounds and songs on theI tried a long time ago to end this game, but somehow , i lost my interest and i get bored. Now , finally i end this game but i changed my opininon. Somehow , story isn't good, for me. I get bored and.. i think was not good. Missions are 50/50. Some missions are very boring and no sense. Otherwise are good, verry good. The Graphics are good, not the best but is ok. Sounds and songs on the radio are good, very good. Somehow , the game isn't the best. The worst part of this game was the poor optimization. This is the worst part. Another worst thing was the hang out with friends. I think was a good idea to introduce this ting. But after a time , was to worst thing. Otherwise, this game is a must play. It worth. Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2016
    Simply my all time favourite and Best GTA ever. The story is great and involving, characters so deep, probably the best Rockstar created so far. Atmosphere so grim and depressive sometimes. The driving mechanics are so good, to realistic maybe, almost like first Mafia game. This game literally do everything better than GTA V. Don't be fooled by the low score here, its mostly due to someSimply my all time favourite and Best GTA ever. The story is great and involving, characters so deep, probably the best Rockstar created so far. Atmosphere so grim and depressive sometimes. The driving mechanics are so good, to realistic maybe, almost like first Mafia game. This game literally do everything better than GTA V. Don't be fooled by the low score here, its mostly due to some technical problems back then, now with modern PC game works neat. And it's like everyone says, GTA V is for kiddies while GTA4 is mostly appreciated by mature players. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2016
    Grand Theft Auto IV was one of the most interesting games I have ever played. First of all, it's worth mentioning the plot. It's about a Serbian guy who went to the US, waiting for so-called American dream. Of course, things are different. He will live very badly, he will be a bandit. What regards gameplay, it was an innovative game in GTA franchise. Rockstar Games upgraded graphics, theGrand Theft Auto IV was one of the most interesting games I have ever played. First of all, it's worth mentioning the plot. It's about a Serbian guy who went to the US, waiting for so-called American dream. Of course, things are different. He will live very badly, he will be a bandit. What regards gameplay, it was an innovative game in GTA franchise. Rockstar Games upgraded graphics, the screenwriters created a fascinating screenplay. In a nutshell, this game is unforgettable. The only thing why my score is 9 out of 10 is that the game has some technical issues. Expand
  17. Jun 14, 2016
    as a gta franchise fan, i didnt enjoy this game much. gta 4 didnt give much impression like when i play gta sa. maybe because i expect this game like gta san andreas, but its not. i have more fun playing san andreas rathe than gta 4
  18. May 14, 2016
    Спустя пару месяцев, GTA 4 появляется и на персональных компьютерах. Её портировали очень быстро по сравнению с другими играми серии GTA. И это как раз-таки повлияло на системные требования. В то время, чтобы играть на максимальных требованиях, нужен был приличный компьютер за приличные деньги. В основном, проблемы с частотой кадров и нагрузкой на системы были связаны с качествомСпустя пару месяцев, GTA 4 появляется и на персональных компьютерах. Её портировали очень быстро по сравнению с другими играми серии GTA. И это как раз-таки повлияло на системные требования. В то время, чтобы играть на максимальных требованиях, нужен был приличный компьютер за приличные деньги. В основном, проблемы с частотой кадров и нагрузкой на системы были связаны с качеством динамических теней. Очень большая разница между низким и высоким качеством. 9/10 из-за оптимизации, а так очередной шедевр от Rockstar! Expand
  19. Apr 8, 2016
    This game one of the best games of 2008 . Gta 4 not bad . Normal graphics for 2008 , One of the worst storyline in Grand Theft Auto IV . Many people think Gta IV is worst Gta game , but many people think this game is amazing .
  20. Dec 27, 2015
    i want to say 2 things.

awful port and bugs are everywhere
    i want to say 2 things.

awful port and bugs are everywhere
  21. Nov 19, 2015
    Its a bad game with bad storyline, bad handling, bad city and bad optymalisation. Every aspect in this game is bad. And its not even have any feel of climate like Vice City or even the San Andreas.
  22. Oct 17, 2015
    시작부터 말하자면 일단 그래픽은 꽤나 훌륭합니다. 2008년게임이라는것을 감안하면 충분히 훌륭하죠.
    하지만 락스타 게임즈는 콘솔에서 보여준 최적화를 PC에서 제대로 말아먹고 말았습니다.
    2015년 현재 제 컴퓨터가 GTA5를 풀옵션 30프레임을 무리없이 구동하고 있는데 GTA4 풀옵션 60프레임이 렉이 걸린다는것부터가 완전히 개막장이죠. 하지만 전 그래도 GTA4에 높은 점수를 주고 싶습니다. 일단 스토리가 깊이가 달라졌습니다. 산안드레아스와는 비교할수없을정도로 스토리가 엄청납니다. 제 인생게임 2위인 이유가 바로 이 스토리에 있습니다. 아메리칸 드림을 꿈꾸는 수많은 사람들의 자화상을 게임에 그대로 담았다고 보면 됩니다. 그밖에도 미국에 대한 풍자와 수많은 블랙 코미디를 보니 왜 GTA
    시작부터 말하자면 일단 그래픽은 꽤나 훌륭합니다. 2008년게임이라는것을 감안하면 충분히 훌륭하죠.
    하지만 락스타 게임즈는 콘솔에서 보여준 최적화를 PC에서 제대로 말아먹고 말았습니다.
    일단 스토리가 깊이가 달라졌습니다. 산안드레아스와는 비교할수없을정도로 스토리가 엄청납니다.
    제 인생게임 2위인 이유가 바로 이 스토리에 있습니다. 아메리칸 드림을 꿈꾸는 수많은 사람들의 자화상을 게임에 그대로 담았다고 보면 됩니다. 그밖에도 미국에 대한 풍자와 수많은 블랙 코미디를 보니 왜 GTA 시리즈가 세상에서 가장 유명한 게임 시리즈가 되었는지 알법합니다. 다만 주인공의 일생에 집중을 하다보니 이발 시스템도 사라졌고 의상도 상당히 개성이 없어졌습니다. GTA 시리즈중 가장 자유도가 떨어지는 게임이 나온것이죠. 그래서 이 게임은 의외로 호불호가 갈릴수도 있습니다. 산안드레스에서 엄청난 자유도를 만끽한 유저들은 이 게임을 싫어할수도 있죠. 하지만 게임을 싫어할지라도 한번쯤은 GTA4를 플레이 해보시는걸 추천합니다. 절대 시간낭비는 아닐테니까요.
  23. Oct 16, 2015
    I like the way Rockstar went with this GTA. I enjoyed the single player missions, the story and characters. In my opinion, the soundtrack is the best one of all GTAs. If you ignore the day one optimization for PC, this game was incredible. My score is 8 out of 10.
  24. Jul 21, 2015
    As a GTA fan, I was quite looking forward to playing this game. As I do not own any consoles, PC was my only way to play this, don't judge me.
    The PC version of this game has optimizations issues, but I can get over it. The only issue I expected was low framerate, which is really not a big deal for me. Graphics still look nice.
    Story of this game is great. You'll meet a lot of characters
    Story of this game is great. You'll meet a lot of characters with different personalities and they are done pretty well.
    Gameplay is awesome. I really enjoy walking or driving around Liberty City with the well done physics, but, and that's the main problem, is probably the only thing I can enjoy in GTA IV. There is practically nothing to do apart from going on bowling, buying suits and very few and boring activities. GTA San Andreas is my most favorite game ever released and GTA IV, as a successor, is a huge dissapointment for me.
    6/10 - Could be MUCH better.
  25. Jul 5, 2015
    not sure about the game, but if you want to play, you have to spend at least an hour getting behind some drm crap, creating microsoft live profile, rockstar games profile, restart the game 5 times, authentize mail and so on. definetely not recommended to anyone who just want to play.
  26. Jun 30, 2015
    Year 2015. Installed my copy from steam after 5 years of having uninstalled it.
    Gtx 780 TI + i7 2600k, that is my config. And still, i'm getting unacceptable framerate, bugs everywhere, and stupid Social Club pesting while i try to play.
    Year 2015. Installed my copy from steam after 5 years of having uninstalled it.
    What the hell is wrong with this game??? It's been YEARS, literally, and none of the patches released by rockstar is able to fix the crappy performance. And this is not just on PC. I also got it as a gift for my ps3, and the performance is the same s**t.
    Shame on you, rockstar. I promised myself not to buy another game from you, and i will keep staying away from them.
  27. Jun 28, 2015
    Man I've went through hell and back trying to run this game on various PC models of mines. I upgraded from a GT 640 to a GTX 750Ti and that's probably the only reason I can run the game smoothly. The annoying patches and save deletes I have went through as well as launch issues overtime and just GOD AWFUL optimization where regardless of what rig you have everything cannot be ran at ultraMan I've went through hell and back trying to run this game on various PC models of mines. I upgraded from a GT 640 to a GTX 750Ti and that's probably the only reason I can run the game smoothly. The annoying patches and save deletes I have went through as well as launch issues overtime and just GOD AWFUL optimization where regardless of what rig you have everything cannot be ran at ultra high because then just a crap load of other sh*t will happen. Just like 5 that released without mods It would be a weaker score and try buying this game today and man you will have trouble even being able to launch the game. Expand
  28. Jun 24, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto 4 is one of the many games in Rockstar's GTA series. But in ways, it is very different. And as you will find out from this review, different doesn't always mean better. In GTA 4, you play as immigrant Niko Belic, who just got off the boat from Eastern Europe. The story is by far the weakest in the series up to that point. Niko isn't that interesting of a character comparedGrand Theft Auto 4 is one of the many games in Rockstar's GTA series. But in ways, it is very different. And as you will find out from this review, different doesn't always mean better. In GTA 4, you play as immigrant Niko Belic, who just got off the boat from Eastern Europe. The story is by far the weakest in the series up to that point. Niko isn't that interesting of a character compared to Tommy Vercetti from Vice City or CJ from San Andreas. But the GTA series best parts aren't from the story. This game looked really good at the time it came out and by today's standards, its fine. Nothing to complain about graphically. The gameplay is the same GTA-style you have always known, just upgraded with cover shooter mechanics. It is done very well and probably the best part of the game. Liberty City itself is.. okay. A definite step down from the huge size of San Andreas. Overall, if you like Grand Theft Auto, buy it. But just know, GTA V is coming out soon and I already know that it is miles ahead this game. Expand
  29. Jun 4, 2015
    Poorly optimized game i would give 2/10 for that. Otherwise this game is really good. I like playing as Niko Bellic, the Serbian protagonist. The FPS are same as 800x600 low vs 1980x1080 full hd
  30. May 19, 2015
    I really enjoy the game. Great story and gameplay. The physics are amazingly realistic and revolutionary at the time. For a game that was released almost 7 years ago, the graphics withstands the test of time. The graphics are still relevant to this day. Though the PC version has technical issues, I tried this game in Windows 8.1 and it couldn't run, but it works in Windows 7. GTA IV isI really enjoy the game. Great story and gameplay. The physics are amazingly realistic and revolutionary at the time. For a game that was released almost 7 years ago, the graphics withstands the test of time. The graphics are still relevant to this day. Though the PC version has technical issues, I tried this game in Windows 8.1 and it couldn't run, but it works in Windows 7. GTA IV is poorly optimized for PC. And then there's Games for Windows Live. The game 10/10, the PC version 7/10. Expand
  31. May 13, 2015
    For using DRM's the game gets (-1) from me right away. I've read some negative reviews, and it seems people agree that the game is repetitive in terms of missions. Well, the gameplay of Doom is repetitive too - you just shoot stuff. What is different about GTA is the story. And the story (overall plot and the sub-plot of the separate missions) is very involving. I enjoyed the game forFor using DRM's the game gets (-1) from me right away. I've read some negative reviews, and it seems people agree that the game is repetitive in terms of missions. Well, the gameplay of Doom is repetitive too - you just shoot stuff. What is different about GTA is the story. And the story (overall plot and the sub-plot of the separate missions) is very involving. I enjoyed the game for its gameplay, but more so for its story. Very well done. Windows Live and Rockstar Social Club -both thumbs down! Expand
  32. Mar 31, 2015
    First off, this doesn't feel like a pc game. Maybe it's fine if you play it with a controller. Either way, I don't like it when during gameplay, at an exciting moment in the plot, suddenly there's this line "Press S" or "Tap R". It completely kills immersion for me. I think this one is a victim of the popularity of console gaming in design. On top of that it was a bad port.

Apart from

Apart from that the story didn't really compell me. It was not terrible, but mediocre at best. For me this is the least interesting GTA so far. I guess some people like it, but for me it lacks the magic of GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City or even San Andreas. I quit playing after 4-5 hours.
  33. Mar 11, 2015
    A history of the rawest of the series, made me doubt in the final game of the dilemma that I believe it. .
  34. Mar 8, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto is one of the best game i ever played. Good physics , good story, good open world, yeah, i love this game. This is a must play game, so , take a chance.
  35. Jan 27, 2015
    Definitely a 10, the graphics are beautiful and the single player story is great and deep with great characters. I like it much more than GTA 5 with all the disappearing cars.
  36. Jan 17, 2015
    a game I played back a long time ago when I was running a phenom II x4 ,4gb ddr3 and a hd4850, maybe it was poorly optimized , but I had some good times with it the graphics were OK, it has some interesting npc's that stood on street corners ranting, one of them was a crazy guy, the other was a minister, mindlessly driving in a semi plowing thru traffic Is something I spent some timea game I played back a long time ago when I was running a phenom II x4 ,4gb ddr3 and a hd4850, maybe it was poorly optimized , but I had some good times with it the graphics were OK, it has some interesting npc's that stood on street corners ranting, one of them was a crazy guy, the other was a minister, mindlessly driving in a semi plowing thru traffic Is something I spent some time doing, there's some interesting side missions, with companions', (in one which you can shoot your date or drive like a maniac and the date is over), story is just average, music at the time was accepatable, Expand
  37. Jan 12, 2015
    Grand Lag Auto Bore : Modders Poopy

In all seriousness, the game is still as bad as it is on consoles, including the fact that anything can go wrong at anytime when you start to install mods.

The fact that this game lags almost all the time, despite having an expensive video card, brings this game to a 4.9/10
  38. Jan 6, 2015
    One of the most overrated games of all time. The map is smaller than usual, your cousin keeps annoying you every 5 seconds for bowling, and the graphics are sub-par on the PC. I don't usually complain about the graphics unless the game-play is executed well....And it's kind of executed well. First of all, escaping from the cops is too easy! If you hide from them for 30 seconds, you are inOne of the most overrated games of all time. The map is smaller than usual, your cousin keeps annoying you every 5 seconds for bowling, and the graphics are sub-par on the PC. I don't usually complain about the graphics unless the game-play is executed well....And it's kind of executed well. First of all, escaping from the cops is too easy! If you hide from them for 30 seconds, you are in the clear. Also, the story is decent but not good enough. But, there are good aspects of this game, too. The car has a great damage effect when you ram into a wall and seems slightly more exaggerated than previous GTA games. I like that because sometimes I like to wreck my car for fun. Also, the underground subway is surprisingly extensive and large and is the site of the fabled Rat Man. Although proven fake, it is still awesome to go down there and relive the nostalgia of the Rat Man. Sometimes, even, I role-play and pretend I'm seeking out the Rat Man. The subway is easily the most interesting part of the map to me. Overall, GTA IV is a decent game, it was a huge misfire from Rockstar that wasn't as good as the previous games. 6/10 (OK) Expand
  39. Dec 18, 2014
    Too much overrated on consoles and pc. Especially with compare to GTA 5. There are still same old problems with control system in vehicles and with Nico. The characters is only one thing, that`s even better than in GTA 5. Normally I`ve get 8.5/10 but with the fact, that half of people simply can`t played game on their pc, I must give 7/10. If they will gave us problems with GTA 5, I willToo much overrated on consoles and pc. Especially with compare to GTA 5. There are still same old problems with control system in vehicles and with Nico. The characters is only one thing, that`s even better than in GTA 5. Normally I`ve get 8.5/10 but with the fact, that half of people simply can`t played game on their pc, I must give 7/10. If they will gave us problems with GTA 5, I will split up with them forever! Expand
  40. Dec 10, 2014
    same game play mode in the entire game, you spend more time traveling to the mission than completing it, the only challenge games are the minigames, even the dates are repetitive. Obviously the high rates was for the graphics and free run mode.
  41. Dec 6, 2014
    This game deserves a much higher user score. The port issues have been fixed within day from release with patches and apart from being a bad port at launch, this is an excellent game.
  42. Nov 23, 2014
    OK, seriously, WTF. I'm not even going to write a review on this. When I downloaded this from Steam it really sucked. The graphics were so terrible. Try harder Rockstar.
  43. Nov 18, 2014
    This game have some optimization problems and you may need a decent system. All performance issues at the side the game is actually very well written. Filled with character and a dark vibe the story is very well made. Gameplay can be a bit clunky but overall it's immersive and you never feel alone in this lively city.
  44. Oct 31, 2014
    best game ever . all gta games are the best series . i played those games 2 or 3 times over with all DLC, and I still can play them again and again, because the story in those games is so great . waiting for GTA V PC !!!
  45. Oct 21, 2014
    First of all, what an overrated game. Second of all, why are the Critics giving this game such great reviews and everyone else is giving it mixed or negative reviews. Hmm... Mabye because Rockstar is paying them! Nonetheless, Grand Theft Auto IV is a good game but has a weak story, a small map compared to other Grand Theft Auto games, and doesn't have as much variety either. So far, to me,First of all, what an overrated game. Second of all, why are the Critics giving this game such great reviews and everyone else is giving it mixed or negative reviews. Hmm... Mabye because Rockstar is paying them! Nonetheless, Grand Theft Auto IV is a good game but has a weak story, a small map compared to other Grand Theft Auto games, and doesn't have as much variety either. So far, to me, Grand Theft Auto IV is the weakest in the series and is a Rockstar misfire. But, it still gets a 7/10 (good) Expand
  46. Oct 17, 2014
    **** Final Mission
    Pc Version have problem but Rockstar cant fix it
    im so fast take Boat and chase dimitri BUT Cant take Jacobs Heli
    15 Times retry same result Mission Failed
    Fuxxcking this game **** programer this mission designer !
    totaly GTA 4 is **** game..
    too many money...cant buy nothing
    and sux framelate and so on
  47. Oct 16, 2014
    There are few things what I love about this game, but San Andreas I love really more. GTA IV has no atmosphere for me. Niko is the worst guy in GTA series. He makes this game really boring - he's like one of these stupid Russians which play Dota. His family is boring too. Thanks to god for Episodes from Liberty City, which makes game playable in some way.
    Huge map, open world and story is
    Huge map, open world and story is great. Graphic is cool, but I really hate Niko. Thats why I rather play older San Andreas, Vice City or GTA III.
  48. Oct 1, 2014
    Well this game contains the "best" storyline I have seen so far. The constant twists in the plot make it very enjoyable. Unfortunately other than the good storyline it can feel occasionally annoying to be constantly doing missions over and over. Once finish with this game there isn't much you can do except hang out with the protagonists friends, kill civilians, and engage in shoot-outsWell this game contains the "best" storyline I have seen so far. The constant twists in the plot make it very enjoyable. Unfortunately other than the good storyline it can feel occasionally annoying to be constantly doing missions over and over. Once finish with this game there isn't much you can do except hang out with the protagonists friends, kill civilians, and engage in shoot-outs with police and/or gangsters and using cheats. It is near absolute must that you do not buy this game on Steam as this game may fail to start up and a very big bug on the last mission. The major bug prevents the completion of the game on the PC which can be fixed by FRAPS. The graphics aren't the best but are "good" for a game made in 2008. Overall it is a good game with an occasional bug or two a repetitive mission system which can be good or bad depending on if you like missions and the lack of good cheats or anything fun to do after finishing. Although there is a modding community if you wish to change some aspects of the game. Expand
  49. Sep 30, 2014
    It's bad. It's boring. It's broken.
    Now, autumn of 2014, i7-2700 (3,4GHz Quad), 16 GB RAM, Geforce 970 (Maxwell 2), Win8.1-64, SSD: The game does not stutter anymore. Maybe unless you use the X-Box-controller, that is.
    It's bad. It's boring. It's broken.
    Now, you can see GTA4 in its full glory. And it is bad. Graphics? Dated. Well, they were already dated when the game was released in 2008, but hardly anybody noticed that, as nearly everybody was just overwhelmed by the sheer size of the city. Music? No, just awful noise. Dialogues? Do you consider F-words and S-words a bearable dialogue? In that case you do not have a problem with the game. You do have a problem with your life. Missions? Try to navigate a horrible car through a horrible mess of horrible AI and kill someone. Repeat.
    The good news is: The triggers in the game can be broken, so you cannot start the next mission. What about other savegames? It is GfWL - no escape here. The game essentially gives you a "Game over" for free. Thus the game has a useful message after all: Go and play something else.
  50. Sep 29, 2014
    Absolutely amazing experience. The perfect amount of action, humor, and customization to make every gamer happy. Missions are kept interesting, the story is always kept interesting with lots of plot twists. The open world is large with plenty of vehicles and interaction with civilians and also hidden missions when you pass by certain ones. All of the characters have great personalities andAbsolutely amazing experience. The perfect amount of action, humor, and customization to make every gamer happy. Missions are kept interesting, the story is always kept interesting with lots of plot twists. The open world is large with plenty of vehicles and interaction with civilians and also hidden missions when you pass by certain ones. All of the characters have great personalities and make an amazing experience overall. Expand
  51. Sep 25, 2014
    The radio is just the best soundtrack I ever heard. Main defaults: dumb police, disappearing cars and very very bad acrobatics. Otherwise, such a pleasure!
  52. Sep 9, 2014
    Just your usual hack and slash GTA game, where you do missions, and wreak havoc on Liberty City. Not the most amazing plot I've ever come across, and I can't say I'm too impressed with the game overall, considering the constant tweaking I had to do with the settings in order to make this poorly optimized PC port run smoothly. Not horrible, but definitely nothing to get excited for.
  53. Sep 9, 2014
    rockstar did a major screw up with the PC port but it got "kinda" patched. New engine opened new modding opportunities. Bad voice acting. Niko's serbian sounds like some douchebag from the us trying to fit in in a group of slavs. Giving the player choices was a bad idea imo. GTA has a fixed storyline and it should remain that way. i dont get the hate though. Shooting and driving wasrockstar did a major screw up with the PC port but it got "kinda" patched. New engine opened new modding opportunities. Bad voice acting. Niko's serbian sounds like some douchebag from the us trying to fit in in a group of slavs. Giving the player choices was a bad idea imo. GTA has a fixed storyline and it should remain that way. i dont get the hate though. Shooting and driving was better than GTA V. Expand
  54. Sep 8, 2014
    Одна из лучших частей: график ,геймплей, музыка все очень очень круто 10 из 10 !!!!!!!!!!!! Developer Молодцы супер !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Один - плохая оптимизация для персонального компьютера .
  55. Sep 5, 2014
    I think all in all Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly a perfect game. The graphics are nearly amazing, so Liberty City appears alive. Indeed, the world is not as big as in GTA San Andreas, but in GTA IV it is rich in detail. There are interesting characters and different activities to do besides the story-missions. The only thing I am criticizing is that a short time the story-missions alwaysI think all in all Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly a perfect game. The graphics are nearly amazing, so Liberty City appears alive. Indeed, the world is not as big as in GTA San Andreas, but in GTA IV it is rich in detail. There are interesting characters and different activities to do besides the story-missions. The only thing I am criticizing is that a short time the story-missions always have the same process. But the story at all ist very good, too. Even because it conveys in some extend that violence is not (always) a way to solve problems - even in a game like GTA. Expand
  56. Aug 8, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto IV is a massive, amazing, beautiful game. For consoles, that is.

It seems that the great aspects of this game, and though there are many of them, are vastly outweighed by the simple fact that Rockstar Games couldn't take the time to even do as much as simply pretend that they care about their PC gaming fans.

57. Jul 31, 2014
    The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV was pretty great, and it was easy for script modders to make their mods for this game. And what is the #1 reason why anyone would wait to get GTA on the computer? For mods of course, and Rockstar made it pretty easy for the modders to make their mods. Additionally, as for the Games for Windows Live, it was not a good choice to choose that, and it'sThe PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV was pretty great, and it was easy for script modders to make their mods for this game. And what is the #1 reason why anyone would wait to get GTA on the computer? For mods of course, and Rockstar made it pretty easy for the modders to make their mods. Additionally, as for the Games for Windows Live, it was not a good choice to choose that, and it's annoying to have to make an account on GWFL and Rockstar (and maybe Steam), but Bethesda Softworks did the same with Fallout 3, and I see less hate going towards them over that decision than Rockstar. Finally, I would like to say, this game although a bit of hassle, is totally worth it with all of the mods you can add to it, get this game while we wait for GTA V on the PC. Expand
  58. Jul 19, 2014
    Gta IV : Comment dire ... Juste épic ,Super scénario avec des différents choix a faire . Gros point positive : Les Mods téléchargeable .... Amélioration graphique , nouveau véhicule ,nouvelle armes , possibilité d'incarner la police ...
  59. Jul 15, 2014
    I currently run GTA IV on an older gaming rig and have no issues when running it at max settings, even with an ENBSeries mod. I have played through it many times and have found that I'm always finding new and exciting mods to use. There are currently 4,165 car mods on GTAinside.com alone, and that number grows all the time. I have only found one bug with the game, but I'm not allowing itI currently run GTA IV on an older gaming rig and have no issues when running it at max settings, even with an ENBSeries mod. I have played through it many times and have found that I'm always finding new and exciting mods to use. There are currently 4,165 car mods on GTAinside.com alone, and that number grows all the time. I have only found one bug with the game, but I'm not allowing it to tarnish my score, and that is due to the fact that the bug is entirely a third-party fault. The bug in question is the SMPA60 Unrecoverable Fault, which is caused when a mod maker does not update mesh deformation on a car model. This causes that game to crash at random times, often at checkpoints in missions. This also can lead to a corrupt save file, but can often be fixed by moving all saved cars out of their parking spaces. This bug has caused some trouble but I have no qualms with restarting my game and playing through the story again, as it is a well written, gritty, and dark story that manages to draw you in and not let you go. The humor is dark, the action intense, what more could you want? 10/10 Expand
  60. Jul 8, 2014
    What can I say about this game ? Great graphics, gameplay, easy to shoot, great story, like Niko Bellic the most. But I'm kind of lazy to play this game.
  61. Jun 7, 2014
    I thought it was really fun and runs smooth but that's probably because I have a really good gaming pc. I don't usually play games that long because something new comes out and I switch games but this one seems to never run out of stuff to do. The graphics aren't amazing but this also released back in 2008. There is so much stuff to do in this game and if you mod it, it makes it evenI thought it was really fun and runs smooth but that's probably because I have a really good gaming pc. I don't usually play games that long because something new comes out and I switch games but this one seems to never run out of stuff to do. The graphics aren't amazing but this also released back in 2008. There is so much stuff to do in this game and if you mod it, it makes it even better. Most people reviewed it bad because they don't have a good gaming pc. Expand
  62. Jun 4, 2014
    Nice game, but not good enough to be considered the best chapter of GTA saga.
    In comparison to GTA San Andreas does not have that atmosphere that I remember very well so far.
    The city is small and gray. Of course, it's New York, but I remember better the Liberty City of GTA III.
    Another defect is the bad optimization on PC.
  63. May 30, 2014
    Points for the fantastic graphics, but unfortunately, the game is so painfully laggy that it's beyond the point of being playable. Even after trying everything to fix the situation, this game just doesn't want to cooperate with my PC. Hopefully, Rockstar is able to avoid these kind of bugs in future games.
  64. May 25, 2014
    A Rockstar tem uma falta de respeito muito grande pelos PC Gamers... este jogo é pesado demais... e até hoje em dia, nem todos os PC's rodam esse jogo!! Você terá que desembolsar R$ 2.000 (US$ 2.000) pra rodar no máximo!!
  65. May 17, 2014
    Very good game despite a smaller map than its predecessor. However, this is normal because the story takes place in Liberty City (New York), smaller than San Andreas city and its suburbs. The story is good, quite long, and the graphics are very nice for a game in 2008. Briefly, a good game to buy with its predecessor, as these are the 2 best GTA PC.
  66. May 15, 2014
    This is the most bugged game EVER MADE. This game will not even start for me, even after I called Rockstar and spent 3 hours moving files and such to try to get it to work. It has so many glitches and bugs it is not even fun in any way. I played a console version at a friend's house, and cars still can't turn when going over 5 MPH. This game is a disaster. Don't get it unless it's on aThis is the most bugged game EVER MADE. This game will not even start for me, even after I called Rockstar and spent 3 hours moving files and such to try to get it to work. It has so many glitches and bugs it is not even fun in any way. I played a console version at a friend's house, and cars still can't turn when going over 5 MPH. This game is a disaster. Don't get it unless it's on a humble bundle. Expand
  67. May 9, 2014
    Game: Grand Theft Auto IV
    Genre: Shooting-Action
    Developer: Rockstar System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 85/100 Value Score: 8.5/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 7/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 9/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +Bigger City than in GTAIII, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas +A lot of
    Game: Grand Theft Auto IV

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 9/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +Bigger City than in GTAIII, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas
    +A lot of special events, mini games, etc to play
    +Driving is more realistic than previous games (most people will like this)
    +Multiple Endings
    +Voice acting is fantastic
    +Phone system which gives you access to interacting with other characters, cheats, and other features
    +Replay Value focuses mostly on the open world, mini games, assassination missions and etc missions like previous games
    +Unique features such as the ability to use the police system to track down characters and the ability to get on the internet for additional missions + dating, etc ties more into the replay value as well as gameplay.

Cons
    -Driving can be a pain sometimes (especially when it comes to flying vehicles and boats) compared to previous games cause of the realistic like mechanics (more realistic than previous games)
    -Too many chasing missions which repeat the process again and again far more often than in previous GTA games
    -Stats, physical appearance, etc from San Andreas removed
    -Safe houses reduced significantly and only accessible through storyline terms rather than purchasing like in previous games
  68. Apr 27, 2014
    I enjoyed it, but I was expecting more. I know it's not easy to make better than San Andreas, but I think GTA IV has great action too and it's a great game indeed.
  69. Apr 21, 2014
    Repetitive missions. Forgettable character. Boring storyline. The only good things are the graphic. IMO, I didn't like the music. How professional company rated this as good is beyond me.
  70. Apr 12, 2014
    This is still an outstanding game. I'm waiting for GTA V for PC (or PS4) but the graphics, music, missions, shooting mechanics (even with controller), are just great. This is much fun to play. And the best of this game is the humor. I almost can't believe this game is already 6 years old. The satiric humor on the radio stations is still spot-on, aiming at the current western society.
  71. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is a disgrace to the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Let me explain myself. Positives: Most realistic GTA game (ex. Cars shift weight when they turn, new ragdoll physics, car physics, so much physics) Cab rides, officially implemented multiplayer, and finally some freaking beds. Negatives: Story is overrated as COD, can't keep a steady frame rate. EVER. THE MISSIONS. THE MISSIONS AREThis game is a disgrace to the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Let me explain myself. Positives: Most realistic GTA game (ex. Cars shift weight when they turn, new ragdoll physics, car physics, so much physics) Cab rides, officially implemented multiplayer, and finally some freaking beds. Negatives: Story is overrated as COD, can't keep a steady frame rate. EVER. THE MISSIONS. THE MISSIONS ARE SO BAD THAT THERE IS NO WORD THAT CAN DESCRIBE THEM. All the other GTA games had good characters at least. GTA IV? Nope. At least GTA IV: TBoGT made some of them interesting. The world is so drab and devoid of ineteresting environments. Rockstar turned GTA III's Liberty City from a thrilling, backstabbing, gang and drug filled world into 40,000 identical city streets with only the drugs kept into it. Other characters you meet throughout your "adventure" can become you "friends". What does this mean? It means that Roman will call you every 5 minutes to go bowling. Packie will call you every 5 minutes to throw darts, and your terrible plot twist of a girlfriend will want to go out with you on a date every 5 minutes. There's like to clothes stores which sell all the same drab, greyish colors of the city. The only reason I'm giving this game a five is that, being the young boy I am, This was my first GTA game, and even though the missions were repetitive, I thought open world games were so cool. The idea of roaming around a huge area was foreign to me, and I loved every second of it. Anyway, if you want to know what GTA IV was striving to be, (a fun game with realistic, but colorful, graphics and story) download Just Cause 2. It is my favorite open world game (San Andreas being 2nd place, of course). Get it on PC, but use a gamepad of some sort. Expand
  72. Apr 1, 2014
    Pro: very good gameplay (shooting, driving, shooting and driving), good storyline and characters, graphic are not so bad, major improvement comparing to gta sa, love the details of small things (tv, pc, taxi service etc)

cons: bugs, first timer would have lots of problem (system specs, settings, game protection), no checkpoint savegames during missions (imean if you're like 90% to complete the mission and you **** up you gotta start from the beginning of the mission), less spacious than gta sa map, no planes, crappy heli controls.

*never played its multiplayer, so aint saying any comment for that
  73. Mar 23, 2014
    Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

They've messed up real life simulation and fun game play. The whole game feels like a drag. Emotionally unstable protagonist which most of the times does not represent what the player wants/feels. Story-wise everything feels schemed. Majority of the characters are being killed/disposed off before you even know them. You play for around 20hours into the story to find out the real story behind it all, which in fact, is very poor. Thinking about spending time and building relationships/friendships? Absolute waste of time. Girlfriends are getting discarded like flies through "Storytelling". Constant drama and personal-family affairs are just horrible representation.

Game-wise. Graphics are mediocre at best. They've pulled this strange, and rather unwanted, dirt-brown filter onto everything, to simulate a dirty (real life?) city. To say the least it all fails. The game was designed for a console. With limited resources and computational power in mind. And this version of the game in just a port, and a cheap one, they didn't even bother implementing anti-aliasing into the game. No matter that, knowing it's 5years old game, and the availability of graphical enhancers around this is all semi-fixable, and can be disregarded by majority.

Mechanics. The physics, AI, and other inner mechanics are very poor designed, if they were designed at all. Vehicle controls are as crappy as ever. Especially every other car that you aren't driving. Motorcycles flying into the air like balloons on every impact. Inflammable cars with a touch of a finger. Cars no longer have fuel tanks apparently. You have to shoot the rims of the car for it to get a blazed and explode. Forget about flat tires. Firing at tires does nothing. Shoot the rims for effect. which goes in three stages apparently. Flat tire -> broken rim -> car in flames. No purchasable safe-houses. No property ownership with benefits. Just story set crappy apartments forces upon you. I recall parachutes and jet packs in previous game installments, non of that here. No "gang members" recruitment. You can't call out for someone to help. Missions scripts are more broken than ever. Sometimes it feels like you have to perform brain-surgery operation to get in place for mission to progress.

Overally. Having played Vice City, and getting very amazed back in the day, it was improved and topped up with creativity with San Andreas. But, as it seems, they decided to literally downgrade the game for "reality feel". They've removed so much it is unbelievable this game was in production so long. No car customization, no garage, you can't call a ballet to bring you your car. They've spent so much time and effort into rag-doll simulation and animations things just fly by while you are trying to enter a vehicle. Muscle, stamina have been removed. Character customization is just non-existing. You have Niko Bellic as he is. You can buy him a nice suit. That's about it. The whole experience feels like stripped down game. It is rather ironic that throughout the game there are multiple references and mentioning of Vice City, and how much better things are there.

Conclusion. This review is based on completing the game. I am not one of those who played couple of hours and made their conclusions. Being GTA fan for a decade it is really a shame that such a franchise ended up in such state. It is all down the hill from now on. I am really afraid even taking GTA5 in my hands. Thinking that it will be just like GTA4 with three Niko Bellics running around. Not recommended.
  74. Mar 15, 2014
    Игра нехорошая, некачественно сделана. Начиная с графики на своем ужасном движке и заканчивая миссиями, которые очень сложно пройти и сложность игры нельзя поменять. Они врут, что много денег тратят на игру, они ничего не тратят, они даже движок нормальный для игры покупать не хотят, делают на своем движке. А игру покупают, потому что она популярна и люди деградированы настолько, чтоИгра нехорошая, некачественно сделана. Начиная с графики на своем ужасном движке и заканчивая миссиями, которые очень сложно пройти и сложность игры нельзя поменять. Они врут, что много денег тратят на игру, они ничего не тратят, они даже движок нормальный для игры покупать не хотят, делают на своем движке. А игру покупают, потому что она популярна и люди деградированы настолько, что играют в такое. Expand
  75. Mar 8, 2014
    A lot of people claim this is a dull GTA game, and say San Andreas is better. San Andreas had more replay value, but GTA IV's story is one of the most underrated stories in a video game ever. It knows when its a good time to be serious, and when it's a good time to be humorous. However, the PC port requires a high-end graphics card even though my computer can run games with better graphicsA lot of people claim this is a dull GTA game, and say San Andreas is better. San Andreas had more replay value, but GTA IV's story is one of the most underrated stories in a video game ever. It knows when its a good time to be serious, and when it's a good time to be humorous. However, the PC port requires a high-end graphics card even though my computer can run games with better graphics than this fine, so its clearly the game that has the problem. Expand
  76. Mar 5, 2014
    It has good graphics and many activities to do, but the missions are repetitive and the plot is not good. Scams and sexual perversion is, something that is not popular video game. 7 and nothing else.
  77. Feb 17, 2014
    Freedom is really the best time was the best graphics, but the mission fails, restart the system without a save point .... Was the worst. But still, no matter how it's traditional ahswiwotda gta series
  78. Feb 14, 2014
    I like GTA games but this one is a bit boring. The graphics are really good but the missions failed to keep me entertained. The Windows Live was also something very annnoying.
  79. Feb 6, 2014
    I love this series, from GTA 3 to San Andreas. They are simply brilliant. This one is just as great but there are 2 things which are maddening. First, my PC almost died when I started this game, and it was a high-end machine at the time. Second, the last mission is unplayable on PC. This makes it 2 titles in the series which make me abandon the game at the last mission. ExtremelyI love this series, from GTA 3 to San Andreas. They are simply brilliant. This one is just as great but there are 2 things which are maddening. First, my PC almost died when I started this game, and it was a high-end machine at the time. Second, the last mission is unplayable on PC. This makes it 2 titles in the series which make me abandon the game at the last mission. Extremely disappointed. Because everything else is perfect, 8 is a fair rating. Expand
  80. Jan 12, 2014
    Greatest open world action adventure i've played.
    the world is EPIC and alive with stunning visuals,good looking NPCs and awesome weather changes.
    really Great voice actors and EPIC charachters that you gonna remember alot of them. the gameplay is really good.......when you shoot someone in his leg he falls and crawls and when you shoot someone on the roof he falls from it, i mean the
    Greatest open world action adventure i've played.
    the gameplay is really good.......when you shoot someone in his leg he falls and crawls and when you shoot someone on the roof he falls from it, i mean the developers did awesome things in the gameplay that i've never seen in alot of games.
    AWESOME radio stations especially the Vladivostok,San juan,The beat,electro and radio Broker,btw my fav song in the game was Gruppa krovi from the Vladivostok FM.
    Stunning cars and driving is awesome and realistic,also realistic crashing and accidents are with no doubt one of the best things in the game,i mean you can just take a car and run into some people and have alot of fun.
    my problems with this game are:
    1- alot of missions are all about whacking and killing people with no strange ideas for missions like these in San andreas.
    2-the game has tons of awesome characters but alot of them you will do 2 missions or 3 only like (Manny,Play boy-X,Bruce and Little jacob)
    3-The story is good but nothing special.
    overall this game is great,you have great graphics,Awesome characters,EPIC living world,great voice actors especially NIKO and Little jacob,alot of new ideas like phone,going online and attending a shows, great main theme and radio stations,also dating was really good.
    but i guess the console version is better.
  81. Jan 5, 2014
    Very late review, but I felt a sudden need to say that this game was an utter disappointment. Flat out boring story and characters, but worst of all, I didnt have fun doing the good old GTA about in the world stuff. It just didnt invite me in...
  82. Jan 3, 2014
    Nice story nice graphics nice gameplay
    Umm.. tell me a thing what is NOT nice PC optimization...
    The game has an bad optimization on PC version that you'll need an high-end graphic card to play it on low-medium settings
    Despite that it's a nice game
  83. Dec 31, 2013
    Anyone that says we shouldn't complain about the game not working, is a moron. Most of us have advanced gaming rigs, like myself. There are known issues with this game that Rockstar has not patched. Its not like its a rare occasion that the game isn't working. There are tons of reports on the game being completely broken. Its not a hardware problem you idiots, its software. In other words,Anyone that says we shouldn't complain about the game not working, is a moron. Most of us have advanced gaming rigs, like myself. There are known issues with this game that Rockstar has not patched. Its not like its a rare occasion that the game isn't working. There are tons of reports on the game being completely broken. Its not a hardware problem you idiots, its software. In other words, the game was not created to be compatible-friendly to everyone. We shouldn't be expected to fix their mistakes. Play with folders and files. If I wanted to mess around in the folders, I would have pirated it. Also If it was our rigs, then why do all other games work? Literally GTA IV is the only game to not function properly.

But besides my game not working right. The Social Club DRM is down only on GTA IV, the website will take my login, but not the game, you know, where its intended to be used. But that's fine, we could always play single player, right? Nope, because we can't save the game when you cant login to the servers. Why bother the game. Me personally can't even start up story mode, and I can't login to the servers to play online. We should not accept this garbage. I'm sure the game is fantastic when its working. But I have to judge it as its entirety. Unfortunately a poor interface destroyed a potentially excellent PC game.

Personally I have to do a 0 because it was not functioning at all. I tried fixing it for hours, tried all the known methods, and had no luck. If I was able to actually play the game then I could have been a little more focused on the game's mechanics.

##tl;dr Version##
    1. DRM, servers are down only in game. You can't play online.
    2. DRM also is required just to save local story mode.
    3. Thousands of cases of the game not even functions, and users are on their own to fix them.
    4. Personally in my cause, I couldn't fix them.
  84. Dec 14, 2013
    Rockstar really impressed me with this. Besides the bugs, the game is awesome. We had a 360 console for everyone and it blew up so then we all had got our own and then must of our owns blew up so now we're playing it on pc. No performance issues or any problems with the difficulty level. I have quite a GTA collection. 10/10 including all GTA games.
  85. Dec 3, 2013
    Pro of GTA IV.

-It got very nice ragdoll system -Good police AI but not very good -Cover system -HUD take up less screen -GPS system,it helped me much when I am new to this game -Funny characters,I really like Roman and Niko much -Rockstar being creative by making thing looks grey and blurry to fit atmosphere of the game -Swing set glitch! Cons of GTA IV -Peds not using
    Pro of GTA IV.

-It got very nice ragdoll system
    -Good police AI but not very good
    -Cover system
    -HUD take up less screen
    -GPS system,it helped me much when I am new to this game
    -Funny characters,I really like Roman and Niko much
    -Swing set glitch!

Cons of GTA IV

-Peds not using ragdoll on far away
    -Worst performence on PC,my game's FPS stuck between 5-15 on my high end PC
    -Too many cheaters on multiplayer
    -Some vehicles is spawned on wrong place which cause epic traffic jam
    -Friend feature will getting annoying if you played GTA IV from a long time.
    -Unable to customize your vehicle
    -If your car park has more than 2 vehicles,one of your vehicle will gone due to a bug.
  86. Nov 30, 2013
    I think earlier versions had nicer control and more fluid gameplay on PC. Besides, the ton of copy protection took me hours to figure out (it's really a huge pile of and bugs are abundant, I'll go with Saints Row from now on.
  87. Nov 23, 2013
    Metacritic doesn't let you delete reviews so I'm writing a load of useless, pointless garbage to fill up the minimum of one hundred and fifty characters.
  88. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is rather hard to rate due to it's terrible port to the PC.
    However, gameplay wise it offers a heck of a lot, but not enough to beat San Andreas or the mighty king that is Vice City.
    I did enjoy the game, but there is so many graphical issues and performance issues that take you from the immersion.
    Not a bad game, not a fantastic one either, but worth a play.
  89. Nov 20, 2013
    1 point, because of included video editor. When this game was released, I bought it (was the last game I ever bought) and was very, very disappointed. I will not talk bout windows live and social club crappy malware applications, don't worry. Shortly: After Vice city and San Andreas has arrived a called GTA IV. Graphic was ugly, no anti-aliasing, but including disgusting grainy shadows1 point, because of included video editor. When this game was released, I bought it (was the last game I ever bought) and was very, very disappointed. I will not talk bout windows live and social club crappy malware applications, don't worry. Shortly: After Vice city and San Andreas has arrived a called GTA IV. Graphic was ugly, no anti-aliasing, but including disgusting grainy shadows and colors was totally bleached, aka desaturated. Just ugly, absolutely ugly and playable barely at 30 fps on superb PC. Story is also boring as fuk, full of non-sense stereotype missions, all you do is driving a fukin car, and driving a car in this game is like driving a on wheels. When you finish the game, you have like million dollars, but all you can do is buy a million of hotdogs or t-shirts. Where else to spent all those money? It's useless! Remember how you was counting every penny in Vice city to buy Malibu club? Forget that! This is GTA IV, this is You can't even do a taxi missions. No taxi missions in a city situated into pseudo-New York! Fukin scandal, there's nothing to do after you finish story line. Whole city is empty, boring, dull. This game is a of a decade. Oh, and this is great: Your phone is constantly ringing and that fat fuk cousin of yours always want to go bowling, great. This game ruined my Christmas in 2008, thanks Rockstar for this lazy utter crap. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2013
    Just finished the game and I have to say that I did enjoy most of it. The story kept me playing and wanting to know what happens next. Characters were well written. Performance was decent, better what I expected. But here comes the big downside; it is a port and not a good one. The aiming felt terrible, everything but precise. I also felt some mouse input lag, though it might be partlyJust finished the game and I have to say that I did enjoy most of it. The story kept me playing and wanting to know what happens next. Characters were well written. Performance was decent, better what I expected. But here comes the big downside; it is a port and not a good one. The aiming felt terrible, everything but precise. I also felt some mouse input lag, though it might be partly because of the occasional slowdowns. Everything above I can deal with, since the story was quite good and the world was somewhat interesting, but there was this huge glitch in the last mission. Probably not news to anyone anymore but god damn was it frustrating. Google it. Never ever again. For the summary: Great story, great characters, decent world and decent frame rate but such a horrible pc port which is the reason why I wouldn't play it again on pc. Expand
  91. Nov 16, 2013
    Many people here seem to be complaining about performance issues without stating their card.

I'm running the game on a GT 635m, It runs alright with no shadows on at 1360x768, Textures Medium, V-Sync on and Tripple buffering, I also went into the Geforce Control panel and manually enabled FXAA which cleans up those edges without destroying frame rate. As for gameplay, I just found it

As for gameplay, I just found it boring. The physics are good but the storyline is pretty tedious, I can't relate to the main charactor because he seems to be a dick head and no matter how you dress him he looks like a tramp. The whole game world is grey with some kind of weird bloom so without mods it's even ugly to explore.

There are better games out there, Sleeping Dogs/Saints Row both do a better job of entertaining open world gaming.
  92. Nov 13, 2013
    Learning nothing about improving the experience for the player but making better graphics and more interesting characters we have GTA IV. It's not horrible but it's blown out of the water by the saints row franchise.
  93. Nov 13, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto IV was an amazing culmination of graphics and story and of course our favorite reason to play GTA, the ability to walk up to anyone and....... kill them. But what stood out to me the most was GTA IV Story. GTA IV's protagonist, Niko Bellic, is a man that a lot of people can relate to; he is just tired and always drawn into things he doesn't want to do but he does themGrand Theft Auto IV was an amazing culmination of graphics and story and of course our favorite reason to play GTA, the ability to walk up to anyone and....... kill them. But what stood out to me the most was GTA IV Story. GTA IV's protagonist, Niko Bellic, is a man that a lot of people can relate to; he is just tired and always drawn into things he doesn't want to do but he does them because he needs to; a very admirable quality. He also has a hint of P.T.S.D syndrome from going through war and doing a lot of things he didn't want to do and seeing a lot of things he didn't want to see. Yet he toils on to help his cousin with his financtial problems and then protect him from various very bad characters. He is a big step up from GTA III's protagonist who's name isn't even mentioned in game and he doesn't even talk. So the compelling story and the amazing, borderline lag your computer graphics is why I think this game is so great. Expand
  94. Nov 11, 2013
    best game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best gamebest game best game
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    What a mess, where can I start... This is hard to write, because this game is what ruined one of my favorite game series for me. First of all, the installation process. It took me hours to get running! I had to install Rockstar Games Social Club, then the atrocious Games for Windows Live, verify the game online and click on buttons of message boxes that had screwed up fonts, so I had noWhat a mess, where can I start... This is hard to write, because this game is what ruined one of my favorite game series for me. First of all, the installation process. It took me hours to get running! I had to install Rockstar Games Social Club, then the atrocious Games for Windows Live, verify the game online and click on buttons of message boxes that had screwed up fonts, so I had no idea what I was actually pressing and had to get through all this with trial and error. After I've finally gotten everything running another disappointment followed. The game couldn't run even at 10 fps on full graphics on my gaming PC that could handle anything for years to come after that, worst optimization I have ever come across. The game itself was okay, but OK doesn't cut it for a GTA title. Niko was a very plain and boring character (What was his motivation to do everything he did? He needs money? Wow... great story right there.) and Liberty City felt too grey and boring. The missions were also a pain to get through instead of actually being fun, the same boring thing over and over again. It's too bad, this game could really have been something, in reality it was just an over-hyped piece of Expand
  96. Nov 3, 2013
    First off. terrible port even with my core i5 4570 and amd 7870 the game lags like The textures are just so bad same with meshes in doors. And the story line is just the same over and over do this go do that bla bla all you do is drive there do that then do it again its boring as hell. I hope they actually optimize GTA V for pc this time instead of spending 2 mins porting it to pc
  97. vpm
    Nov 1, 2013
    I'm just going to keep this simple, since the game is quite old already and way too many people have reviewed this.
    Nowadays, this game is great fun. Sure it's still quite the technical drama with the memory leaks and all, but on a decent system it's more than playable. I've been playing it on my system for almost 3 years now. What makes this game really fun is its great modability. There are some gems out there, transforming this game into something I think even Rockstar wouldn't have come up with.
    I use just one mod in this game (since something like ICE only make it extra buggy): Realistic handling damage. This makes for a decent driving experience and jacks up the difficulty (police chases) a lot. Cars simply don't handle like tanks anymore. Once you crash, you're done!

Some things Rockstar did a very good (not great) job at:
    - Integrating Euphoria
    - Traffic simulator
    - Interesting enough & lengthy campaign (not minding our protagonist is just an overgrown delivery boy)

They flunked at the port, but everybody knows that by now. As I said, it's very well playable when you know your hardware (see EyjoK.'s review) and install the proper mod(s).
  98. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA IV is a fantastic game, with excellent fiction and a city that has its own character. I am on my second play through now in preparation for GTA V for the PC and it feels as fresh as it did 3 years ago. I must say that you really need a fast CPU to get good frame rates from this game... I upgraded from a Core2Quad to a Core i5 4670K recently and the game finally runs at 60fps usingGTA IV is a fantastic game, with excellent fiction and a city that has its own character. I am on my second play through now in preparation for GTA V for the PC and it feels as fresh as it did 3 years ago. I must say that you really need a fast CPU to get good frame rates from this game... I upgraded from a Core2Quad to a Core i5 4670K recently and the game finally runs at 60fps using the same video card... NVidia GTX 480. The game does NOT run better with a better video card. Expand
  99. Oct 17, 2013
    Decent-ish PC port. My computer is lucky enough to run it, GFWL isn't screwing up for me or anything, but the missions are a bit boring, and the final mission is bugged. You MUST use a xbox controller or a framerate limiter to be able to do the QTE/Button mashing on the last level(s). Depending on either a deal or revenge. The one thing that the PC version makes up for is the replay editorDecent-ish PC port. My computer is lucky enough to run it, GFWL isn't screwing up for me or anything, but the missions are a bit boring, and the final mission is bugged. You MUST use a xbox controller or a framerate limiter to be able to do the QTE/Button mashing on the last level(s). Depending on either a deal or revenge. The one thing that the PC version makes up for is the replay editor and mods like Simple Native Trainer and LCPDFR. Expand
  100. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is completely and utterly terrible. Its boring and repetitive and ridiculously frustrating. The only thing I liked was the city. Liberty City breathes and feels real, That's the only thing I like about this game, other then that, it's simply terrible and a waste of money. Even the textures are terrible for its time.

1. PC Gamer UK
    It's the peripheral distractions of both going out with Roman, and meeting your girlfriends, that really make your virtual life so worth living. Although incredibly simplistic, they're oddly touching...One of the finest videogames ever. [Christmas 2008, p.87]
  2. PC Format
    The most grown-up GTA and the best realised, but it doesn't respect the PC much. Enjoy the multiplayer madness if you can. [Christmas 2008, p.96]
  3. A genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in videogame history. There were moments playing GTA IV that I thought back to my initial experiences with games, and realised exactly how far we've come. There's never been anything quite like GTA IV in the world. That there makes me genuinely happy to be a gamer.