8.7

1. Oct 25, 2010
    Amazing graphics, beautifully written story. This is a must have game - for those who love the classic mafia wars, the music, the ladies, the buildings of the 1980's. Stunning.
  2. Oct 12, 2011
    This is what we called ,,evergreen" in gaming. It's definition of pure, clear, maximum satisfying video game art. Can't wait for the ,,Vice City Rage" - fantastic mode, coming soon!
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    This is well worth playing from start to finish. Even after you finish the story, just messing around performing impossible jumps or running from the cops and national guard is worth the price of admission. Shooting backwards with the tank while moving forward for some extra nitro: priceless.
  4. Sep 22, 2013
    My favorite GTA game. The music in this game is amazing. The atmosphere in this game is stunning i love that 80's flair and the pastel colors. I love the graphics, the city, the missions and the character (Tommy Vercetti is insane).
  5. Michael
    Sep 10, 2003
    This is one of the best games on ps2 it is hard has good graphics and is fun even if u clock it.
  6. HussainJ.
    Oct 30, 2003
    It is super and a classic game i just love the game.
  7. TylerDurden
    May 30, 2003
    Truly amazing game - GTA family has created a game with no equals in this genre. Definitely defrag your hard drive before installing - it will make an incredible difference!
  8. Jun 22, 2011
    The controls can be very confused at times, the graphics dont look as vibrant and colorful as the PS2 version and there are a lot more bugs and graphical errors I have spotted. Apart from that, not much else to say other than it is still as fun as the console version and if you are a PC gamer looking for a good sandbox game, this is the one to buy.
  9. May 11, 2013
    The game is perfect.Very good and long singleplayer,open world,missions,buildings for missions,and more.I think that the graphic should be a little better,but everything else is perfect
  10. Mar 26, 2014
    Gta vice city is the 2003 sequel to GTA 3, and in many ways a far superior game than the latter. While not a perfect game, it has a certain charm and is definitely one of the best games of the series.

Presentation - 8 Unlike GTA 3, vice city’s graphics have aged very well, and still look very appealing to the modern eye, although the character models and animations, continue to be very

Presentation - 8
    Unlike GTA 3, vice city’s graphics have aged very well, and still look very appealing to the modern eye, although the character models and animations, continue to be very blocky, and generally not on par with the rest of the game.

Sound - 10
    On the sound department, there are also a lot of improvements from GTA 3’s somewhat inconsistent sound quality. The sound effects and voice-overs are very high qualities, and the voice acting in particular is excellent, thanks, in most part, to the excellent contributions of Hollywood stars like Tom Sizemore, Dennis Hopper, William Fichtner, Burt Reynolds, and my favorite off them all, Ray Liotta :-D.
    The soundtrack is also composed of an excellent compilation of 80’s license tracks that work really well with the game’s mood.

Gameplay – 8
    The gameplay is similar to every other GTA game. You start as a small criminal grunt “dumped” in a corrupt city and your goal is whatever you want it to be. If you like to explore, “grab” a car, motorcycle, boat, plane, helicopter or tank and go nuts, or instead do some story missions, or blow everything up real good, the decision is yours. There is not much innovation from the previous installments, except from a few things here and there, for example you can drive more vehicles this time around but, beside the cars and the motorcycles, everything else handles a bit awkward, especially the planes and helicopter, which sometimes adds a bit of unnecessary frustration to certain missions. The other main innovation is the ability to buy businesses to earn more money, but unfortunately that is tied to the main story, so you have to do the campaign to unlock that.
    The controls are “functional” with mouse and keyboard, but sometimes the mouse stop’s responding after reloads.
    The game can also be quite frustrating from time to time, mostly because of the controls than anything else and the A.I. can be summarize in two words: Brain dead.
    However, GTA Vice City is still a very enjoyable experience, nonetheless.

Story - 7
    The story is your typical GTA affair. You are Tommy Versatti, an ex convict and mafia “capo” that is sent to oversee a drug deal that ends up badly. Your mission is to find the ones responsibly, kill them and retrieve the stolen money (off course it becomes more complicated later on)
    In resume, not the most creative story I’ve seen but nonetheless surprisingly well written, and in my opinion, one of the best stories in the GTA franchise.

Conclusion: If you liked GTA 4 and 5, and have the “cojones” for it, GTA Vice city is definitely worth a try.
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    A really great game... Nice graphics great gameplay bigger Miami-based city ,an Miami Vice/Scarface based story and an amazing soundtrack...
    It's really one of the contemporary classics which is worth playing it
  12. Feb 7, 2014
    This is my favourite GTA game. The feel of the game and the great music/soundtrack makes for a great experience. The soundtrack in this game is great, and one of the best I've seen (or heard) in a game. However, the pc controls do take a little bit of time to get used to, but the PC port is infinitely better due to the ability to easily mod the game by creating your own character skins.
  13. Oct 23, 2012
    On the PC, this game is a highlight of the Grand Theft Auto series. GTA: San Andreas, the next game, was fun, but in the end the gangland battles game mechanic proved less entertaining for me than Vice City. GTA4 may have been great on the consoles, but on the PC it was badly implemented with terrible stuttering graphics (even on monster machines) and badly implemented controls. Bearing inOn the PC, this game is a highlight of the Grand Theft Auto series. GTA: San Andreas, the next game, was fun, but in the end the gangland battles game mechanic proved less entertaining for me than Vice City. GTA4 may have been great on the consoles, but on the PC it was badly implemented with terrible stuttering graphics (even on monster machines) and badly implemented controls. Bearing in mind that this game is now almost 10 years old, it still holds up well. The usual GTA humour is there, the city is large enough to keep you interested and allow you to explore, there's lots of missions and the vehicles are fun to drive if you have a joystick or gamepad. If you grew up in the '80s you'll appreciate lots of the 'in joke' references. Fair enough, the graphics are starting to show their age a little, but this does mean that it will run well on more modest machinery.

Steam occasionally sell this game for £1.50 and if I didn't already own it I'd snap it up. At this price it's a complete bargain.
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    This is my very first GTA, so admittedly I hold it in particularly high regard since it was what initially drew me into the series. At first I thought the game was going to be hopelessly stupid, but there is honestly a lot of hilarious and thoughtful satire/comedy in the game that proved my initial assumptions dead wrong. Vice City had some features that were highly lacking in other GTAsThis is my very first GTA, so admittedly I hold it in particularly high regard since it was what initially drew me into the series. At first I thought the game was going to be hopelessly stupid, but there is honestly a lot of hilarious and thoughtful satire/comedy in the game that proved my initial assumptions dead wrong. Vice City had some features that were highly lacking in other GTAs to come, like the ability to buy businesses and strip-clubs, and other types of properties such as garages for stolen vehicles, among other things. The game's story and characters weren't especially memorable, and definitely weren't as good as what you'll find in newer GTAs, but they were definitely acceptable quality.

A more relevant attraction to Vice City, for me though, was the terrific variety of radio stations in the game, and the hilarious nature of the game's social commentary. Rockstar did a terrific job of making the game entertaining to both thoughtful individuals, as well as people who just want some short-term fun going nuts and blowing things up, and the diversity and size of the audience they have attracted to the Grand Theft Auto series is a testament to that fact.

I highly recommend this game! Granted, the graphics are dated, but if you can look past the graphical flaws, you'll find a gem here. If you can't look past the graphics, give some of the newer GTA games a try. They're all wonderfully enjoyable.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    Now, gamers and gentlemen, what you see here right now is "GTA: Vice City", one of the world's most epic PC game mankind ever created. The game's a open-world; you could go out and massacre everybody, destroy gangs, steal cars, and call in the FBI and the army and fight till the death. One of the new features is building investments, which is also a great feature that teaches you to stopNow, gamers and gentlemen, what you see here right now is "GTA: Vice City", one of the world's most epic PC game mankind ever created. The game's a open-world; you could go out and massacre everybody, destroy gangs, steal cars, and call in the FBI and the army and fight till the death. One of the new features is building investments, which is also a great feature that teaches you to stop wasting money on chicks and to get your head into the game. Great graphics for 2003 as well as the game engine. The story's a meh but who the **** cares; it's GTA. A 10 out of 10!!!!!!! Expand
  16. Mar 10, 2012
    I am very tied emotionally to the roots of 3D GTA, so is difficult for me to say which one is the best. GTA 3 was the very first. Vice City the most vibrant. And San Andreas the biggest and boldest.. And none of them goes below 9, because not only they gained one of the biggest armies of fans, but also punched the industry in the face and showed it where to go.
  17. Nov 19, 2014
    One of my absolute favorite parts of GTA.
    I loved this game, it was fantastic. In addition, the soundtrack was perfect.
    Before GTA 5 came out, Vice City was my favorite part.

Despite all this, I recommend everyone to play Vice City.
  18. Feb 14, 2013
    Good game, the graphics are good, but are dated now. The story-line was good, but the game needed a bit more prompting about what to do, once I got to the point in the game where you need to buy a bunch of companies it was a bit annoying trying to find which ones I needed to buy. Theres also no way to look around by moving the mouse like in San Andreas, your view stays the same as the wayGood game, the graphics are good, but are dated now. The story-line was good, but the game needed a bit more prompting about what to do, once I got to the point in the game where you need to buy a bunch of companies it was a bit annoying trying to find which ones I needed to buy. Theres also no way to look around by moving the mouse like in San Andreas, your view stays the same as the way your vehicle is facing. The aiming in this game was a little bit awkward as well. The acting was good and the characters were pretty funny too, and the game is very enjoyable, but it needs a bit of improvement. Expand
  19. Nemesisthe
    May 17, 2003
    VERY INTERESTING GAME. GREAT GRAFIX...
  20. AdamB.
    Sounds 9/10
    Music 10/10
  22. AlexF
    Oct 9, 2009
    OK at best. Mediocre graphcis. Need a wall map to know where everything is in order to play the game well. Redoing missions is a drag. Doesn't add anything over GTA III, which wasn't all that great either.
    Mar 26, 2004
    Overrated game.
  24. DUSTONE.
    Oct 21, 2003
    I LOVED THE GAME.
  25. JujuB.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Its a bloody mad GAMEE!!! .....sadly, when u get 100%...its not what you have expected in the pS2 version.......which is why i put it on 4......they really screwed up the ending.
  26. Sickmate
    May 3, 2004
    GTA 3 is 400,000 times better than vice city,and 500,000 times bigger.
  27. gamemaster06
    Oct 2, 2007
    It's a very fun and interesting game. the graphics might be a little crappy but the game is OK!
  28. CraigC.
    Oct 8, 2005
    This game is awesome I played it with my friend and we could get girls on bikes and there were cheat codes.
  29. Jan 2, 2011
    The game is fun and has a great storyline. But the rest is the same as all the others in the GTA series. I do have to say though, It is way too easy. It is more for fun than anything else and I do enjoy the free world play and doing whatever you wish.
  30. Oct 2, 2013
    I loved this game back in the day on the the PS2 and spend many hours playing around in this virtual playground. The story was good, the acting great, the music and vibe brilliant, it basicly took an already awesome GTA3 and perfected it.

Now, so many years later, i thought i'd revisit this digital Miami on my netbook and i have to say it still holds up pretty well. Sure the graphics are outdated and the gameplay can feel a bit clunky but it is still acceptable seeing it's such a great classic, while this time round i would be able to be a lot more accurate aiming and shooting with a mouse.

But unfortunately the controls are more or less a disaster. The game is just as i remembered it but even though i'm playing it on the PC now it still feels like i'm playing it on the PS2. That can't be right. In other words, a bad port.
    Aiming with the mouse for instance doesn't feel as smooth as you would expect, and to make matters even worse the vertical sensitivity of the mouse is not affected when adjusting the overall mouse sensitivity so that while panning from side to side will work as you set it, looking up and down will throw your view all over the place with the slightest movement of your mouse. And I understood it's been like that for years too and Rockstar has not even bothered fixing it. What a fail.
    Same goes for the widescreen option by the way. Yes, there is a widescreen option this time round but they even managed to screw that one up. The gameworld itself adjusts to the widescreen ratio fine but the HUD on the other hand does not and just gets stretched. Not only that, aiming is affected by it as well. To be able to hit your target with widescreen mode on you'll have to aim at his/her feet and slightly to the right of him/her. Only way to fix it is to turn widescreen off again.

So when it comes down to it a great game gets a mediocre port to a platform where it should've shined even more. It is pathetic honestly.
    Don't get me wrong, i can still take pleasure out of GTA Vice City, but not as much as i'd hoped. Very disappointing Rockstar.
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    Where do you start with Vice City.

This game is by far the best game in the series,it has everything you could ask for and more. It certainly boasts one of the best soundtracks in any game ever,to cater for all needs. Taking great inspiration from the 1980's drug wars,you find yourself deep in a world of drugs gangs and crime. The city is awesome,albeit a little small compared to San
    Where do you start with Vice City.

The city is awesome,albeit a little small compared to San andreas,still is great fun to drive around and has alot of memorable places.
    The biggest thing i enjoyed was the ability to buy your own companies and a vast amount of homes.
  32. Jan 25, 2013
    What happens when you take a good game and make it godly? That would be the case of Vice City, the follow-up to GTA III. Rockstar took the game and remade it into nothing but awesomeness fixing all the issues the previous game had and even adding to it. All the problems I had personally with the previous game are long gone and the new additions that I never knew I wanted are incredible, soWhat happens when you take a good game and make it godly? That would be the case of Vice City, the follow-up to GTA III. Rockstar took the game and remade it into nothing but awesomeness fixing all the issues the previous game had and even adding to it. All the problems I had personally with the previous game are long gone and the new additions that I never knew I wanted are incredible, so let's talk about what Vice City has that GTA III doesn't and how Vice City just does everything better than it. The main character this time, Tommy Vercetti actually has a personality unlike the character from the previous game who always kept quiet and nodded his head whenever someone told him to do something, Tommy on the other hand is a really good character with a sense of humor who isn't afraid of anything and will always tend do the most insane **** you'll ever see. The missions this time around are a LOT more fun and aren't as frustrating as the missions in GTA III that would sometimes just make you tear your hair out. The missions are quite challenging sometimes but they are great and even if you fail, you'll always want to try again till you succeed because you'll always be waiting to see what else this game has up it's sleeve, and let me tell ya, this game is just full of surprises in it's excellent storyline. The guns this time are actually affective, you can actually aim with them and the crosshair won't lie to you like it did in the previous game, your shots with the guns in GTA III would fly all over the place and barely ever hit what you wanted it to, that's fixed in Vice City and it's really fun to use the guns, they are all great, the guns are a lot more varied now and there are also more melee weapons now, and they are gory fun! Like Katanas and chainsaws that just leave a disgusting mess full of blood and I love it. There are also a lot more vehicles in the game now, plus the addition of helicopters which are quite hard to control at first but you will get used to it and it can be a lot of fun to fly around. Another great thing about the game and it's storyline is that it's full of humor, the game has really great writing and excellent dialog, and it's actually funny whenever the writers made a joke, I laughed quite a lot myself, especially when I listened to the radio. Lazlow did a great job with the radio in this game, the commercials and stations are hilarious, they make a lot of pop culture references and they make it funny, I really enjoyed this game. I might even agree that this is the best game in the series, but there's San Andreas to compete with the game... Expand
  33. Oct 5, 2012
    Yes, on foot controls suck, there are some difficult missions, but nothing that can't be done for the second or third attempt. Still, this is my favourite GTA game, the 80's presentation is fantastic. (The clothes, the music.) I can 't even mention another well made game, that is set in the 80's. Younger players would probably never appreciate another GTA set in the 80's so I'm pretty sureYes, on foot controls suck, there are some difficult missions, but nothing that can't be done for the second or third attempt. Still, this is my favourite GTA game, the 80's presentation is fantastic. (The clothes, the music.) I can 't even mention another well made game, that is set in the 80's. Younger players would probably never appreciate another GTA set in the 80's so I'm pretty sure we'll never return to Vice City again. Expand
  34. Mar 6, 2013
    I might be slightly spoiled by having played IV, San Andreas, Saints Row 2 and 3 first, but I feel it's just not as good as those are. Several of the missions would be impossible without cheats as far as I could tell, there's some brutal padding between the 3rd last and 2nd last missions, the audio quality was kinda meh, and for a sandbox there's surprisingly little content. I beat theI might be slightly spoiled by having played IV, San Andreas, Saints Row 2 and 3 first, but I feel it's just not as good as those are. Several of the missions would be impossible without cheats as far as I could tell, there's some brutal padding between the 3rd last and 2nd last missions, the audio quality was kinda meh, and for a sandbox there's surprisingly little content. I beat the game in about ten hours. Compared to the 20-45 I spent beating each of those other games, that's a little lacklustre. On the bright side, it's fantastically written, as is par for the course with Rockstar. Expand
  35. Mar 2, 2013
    Fiquei com o pé atrás quando meus amigos me falaram da série mas quando comecei a jogar vi que eu podia fazer de tudo e que liberdade esse jogo nos dá para fazer seja bom ou mau e eu disse que você pode até comprar uma produtora de filmes pornográficos e contratar a atriz mais badalada da cidade de uma outra produtora de filmes lógico na base da bala ou salvar todos os carros comFiquei com o pé atrás quando meus amigos me falaram da série mas quando comecei a jogar vi que eu podia fazer de tudo e que liberdade esse jogo nos dá para fazer seja bom ou mau e eu disse que você pode até comprar uma produtora de filmes pornográficos e contratar a atriz mais badalada da cidade de uma outra produtora de filmes lógico na base da bala ou salvar todos os carros com acidentes graves tanto com ambulância como com o carro do corpo de bombeiros, foi aí que percebi o quanto esse jogo bom, fora ser o dono da cidade. Expand
  36. Apr 13, 2013
    10/10, La historia de este juego es muy buena, al final de cada misión, no podes aguantar la intriga de saber que va a pasar después en la historia, uno de los pocos juego que se ambienta en los '80 que realmente te hace sentir en los '80, la música de la radio es perfecta, el voice acting, lo sonidos, el humor, todo es perfecto para mi en este juego.
  37. ERB
    Jul 30, 2013
    One of Rockstar's most greatest game.But I put a score Of 7 because If you go near the water you suddenly lose health points.But still I consider this as a good game because game play is cool and especially when It is cheated.
  38. Jul 15, 2013
    Arguably, the best part of this atmosphere of the Grand Theft Auto series is one. Wonderful memories tie in with the engine száguldással while Michael Jackson yells on the radio.
    Compared to the excellent visuals for his age, but also in the emerging positive for me. The tasks are boring to me, and unanimous, the side missions towed and pedestrian behavior is very annoying. The artificial intelligence is terrible at 1-2, and the juice of media vehicles horrible management.
  39. May 17, 2014
    Not the best GTA, not the worst, but through GTA, however good, but not out of the ordinary, except that its map. The story is good, but the graphics do not go at all in 1080p. Choice of cars and weapons and rather limited life not very high. In short, a set of transition between two installment of GTA, not necessarily comprehensive.
  40. AlexA.
    May 13, 2005
    No way can you give this game anything lower than a 9 in my oppinon gta vice city is the best gta game ever to hit pc.
  41. DjounaidD.
    Jan 13, 2006
    Its so cool game I was playing it from the first day of it bealive me.
  42. R.Dalvi
    May 2, 2006
    Very ahrd but at the same time so entertaining that it is very hard to stop playing it even though you have not completed it.
  43. ArneB.
    Jan 8, 2008
    Fantastic game. The only thing that detracts is the fact that the main character talks. This is why GTA3 is the better game as it is more imersive.
  44. Sgt.Awesomeness
    Jan 24, 2010
    I like many things about this game. The trademark GTA free-roam/sandbox element, the Scarface-style Miami setting, hiding out on the 2nd floor balcony of someone's house staking out and trying to get 6 stars then finally stealing a tank but getting immediately caught because it's far too slow and then shouting profanity after all your hard work goes to waste. But all that stuff I like many things about this game. The trademark GTA free-roam/sandbox element, the Scarface-style Miami setting, hiding out on the 2nd floor balcony of someone's house staking out and trying to get 6 stars then finally stealing a tank but getting immediately caught because it's far too slow and then shouting profanity after all your hard work goes to waste. But all that stuff combines like all delicious flavors combining to make an awesome new food. A very fun party-ish game indeed. Expand
  45. MafiaGuy
    Nov 1, 2003
    This game's great, and is much more fun than GTA 3.
  46. NickV.
    May 12, 2003
    Best game ever but this game was based on the movie scarface. The Music, buildings and most of the characters!
  47. KentO.
    May 13, 2003
    Good.
  48. HectorC.
    May 14, 2003
    Perfect 10 for a perfect game.
  49. TimA.
    Jul 17, 2003
    This game is better than the previous one, but there is a lot to improve for the graphics! It's good but not that good......
  50. TimH.
    Jul 2, 2003
    Can't STOP PLAYING! The only time I stop is when I get an unhandled exception...
  51. Vicecityisgreat
    Aug 14, 2003
    Greatest game i've ever played i cant quit playing it it is awesome.
  52. RobbyA.
    Aug 2, 2003
    I thing this game is the best of all. NO COMMENTS.
  53. RasmusL.
    Aug 23, 2003
    Simply a perfect game. Fantastic entertainment, good graphics, nice motor bikes and so on.. :)
  54. ChrisH.
    May 2, 2004
    This game rocks who in the world would give a number any lower than a 9 get a life if you would!
  55. HidroG.
    Jun 12, 2004
    This game is way better that gta 3 since it has got more things and certainly more blood.
  56. Graham
    Aug 5, 2004
    Amazing fun for a while ... apart from two issues I really wish they'd sorted: 1) you're stuck redoing the same mission time after time because you miss some deadline by 2 seconds. 2) You have to watch all the cutscenes and can't skip them (I can't believe game makers still make this basic error!! Please if you're reading this NEVER enforce cutscenes.) It has so Amazing fun for a while ... apart from two issues I really wish they'd sorted: 1) you're stuck redoing the same mission time after time because you miss some deadline by 2 seconds. 2) You have to watch all the cutscenes and can't skip them (I can't believe game makers still make this basic error!! Please if you're reading this NEVER enforce cutscenes.) It has so much to it this game - just riding around the city is worth the price of the game imho. My housemate would have a drunken session most nights trying to find the biggest ramp to jump off. I thought he was being daft until I realised you get points for this! I played it for about a week or two, great fun. It's tongue in cheek darkness too, in case you're a worried parent or squeamish or something ;-) Expand
  57. SamF.
    Jun 9, 2005
    Great Game all around. Its open ended gameplay is something to be copied by other games for a good reason, and it works. The third person fighting mode could be a bit easier and better done. But the whole game really sucks you into the immersive gameplay and missions. Hours of lost sleep for sure.
  58. MarcB.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Heyyo, Amazing game. I love it. That's why even I had to mod it. If only GTASA had the same modding capabilities I tell ya...
  59. MobusD.
    Jan 15, 2008
    I actually think gameplay/storywise, III was better, but still, this was very amazing.
  60. Dalek
    Jul 10, 2009
    I thought that this game was ok, I was really excited when I got it. It was fun at first but then it got harder and the thing that pulled me down is that little helicopter mission to bomb the construction site. Sort of hard on a laptop that may not have Num lock keys. The graphics could had been a little bit better and more things to do.
  61. PhilD.
    May 16, 2003
    9/10 - It could be perfect if there was not that annoying clipping problem.
  62. Jok`RdeMo
    May 19, 2003
    Yeah, this is cool. I like this even better than GTA 3. what to say, radio is very cool and also posibility to play mp3. But the best thing of game is that it can really work on slow PC's (i mean Duron 600 with 128 RAM it goes almost without slowing down). Cool...
  63. RickF.
    May 24, 2003
    This game is better than the original. The game runs faster at the same resolution than the previous game...amazing considering how much better the graphics are in VC. You have to get this game--it's a must have!
  64. MatthewP.
    May 25, 2003
    This game is better then Grand Theft Auto 3 and that in this game the cars and trucks look much more better then before and theft the FBI really use different cars. THIS GAME IS THE BEST IT ALSO A MUST BUY GAME.
  65. SamL.
    Jul 11, 2003
    One of the funnest games out there.
  66. VidM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    10? Try 11. This game somehow manages to be even better than GTA III. The world is even more chaotic and allows even more freedom. The story and characters are given some color this time around. The combat system gets a much-needed kick in the pants, which is good because you'll spend much more time shooting and much less time driving in this game than in GTA III. The combat system 10? Try 11. This game somehow manages to be even better than GTA III. The world is even more chaotic and allows even more freedom. The story and characters are given some color this time around. The combat system gets a much-needed kick in the pants, which is good because you'll spend much more time shooting and much less time driving in this game than in GTA III. The combat system still needs work though as aiming is still problematic. Also, I would have liked less emphasis on shooting and more emphasis on driving. But this game is great for what counts most: fun factor. Expand
  67. StuartR.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Truly one of the greats. Fire it up for a speed run and marvel at the congruity of the story and the variety of the missions. Worth getting back into it for joey's nos mod alone. Not as big as San An, but a more concise and directed experience, and probably more intriging.
  68. Mike
    May 14, 2006
    I liked this game, but it was the same as GTA 3 not much difference in terms of grpahics.
  69. JackT.
    Apr 15, 2007
    Absoloutely jawdropping game, so innovative (as the GTA series always is).
  70. AnonymousMC
    Jul 16, 2009
    Nice game, enjoyed it. Only problem: the map was too small!
  71. Aug 16, 2010
    This basically takes Grand Theft Auto III adds some new features such as entering more buildings, buying property, and more weapons; tosses it into Florida in the 80's; and lets you take over...literally. The atmosphere is amazing and the story is great too. Definitely would recommend it.
  72. Jan 18, 2015
    Very good game. The atmosphere, music, cars, everything is down pat. The graphics are great for that era, too. The story is great, the characters are engaging and interesting, this game has it all.

Well, almost. I am removing 1 score point for the "try again" missions. Explanation: the missions are a victim of lazy design, where by and large, you need to know beforehand what you will

Well, almost.

I am removing 1 score point for the "try again" missions. Explanation: the missions are a victim of lazy design, where by and large, you need to know beforehand what you will face in order to be able to complete the mission. So you have to make a first attempt, which you will fail, and then a second, which you may well succeed. The missions are mostly not very difficult, but this lazy design amounts to false difficulty, which lenghtens the time spent in the game, but does not increase the enjoyment thereof. Add to that the long and unskippable cutscenes at the beginning of a lot of the missions, and you have something that grates on the nerves in an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable experience.

It is still very playable as of 2015. You may want to turn up your anti-aliasing to crazy levels however...
  73. Jul 25, 2012
    Wonderful free-roam action-game made by Rockstar. The game is set in the 80's and brings the neon and colorful suits with it.

The story is well written and as all Rockstar(and GTA-games) the game makes fun of itself and is very entertaining. There's enough side missions and activities to have you occupied for a long time.
    Buy it, you won't regret it!
  74. Oct 2, 2011
    Another gaming classic from Rockstar. Nothing particularly revolutionary, but in every respect it is fun and engaging. It's better than GTA 3 in every way, and a really special experince. There are numerous Scarface references and easter eggs- from the opening credits to the characters, some buildings and the story. The city is very good, and this game introduces assets- so you can buyAnother gaming classic from Rockstar. Nothing particularly revolutionary, but in every respect it is fun and engaging. It's better than GTA 3 in every way, and a really special experince. There are numerous Scarface references and easter eggs- from the opening credits to the characters, some buildings and the story. The city is very good, and this game introduces assets- so you can buy businesses. Rampages and getting a high wanted level are the most satisfying here. The weapons are also brutal. Overall, the missions are good quality and they've got a real sense of character and humour. The soundtrack of Vice City- including the chat show VCPR- are the best in all of GTA. Expand
  75. May 14, 2012
    This game brings back memories - it is essentially the enhanced port of GTA III into the modern era, paving way for the highly acclaimed GTA IV. Must play for any GTA fan with tons of fun.
  76. Jul 2, 2012
    This Is the best Game of last years , Mod Vice City : Multiplayer is very good mod for GTA ahh hot 80's years , beatiful girls and sun and Radio Station , This game was not boring for ever !: ) sorry for my ENG
  77. Dec 5, 2012
    Everything is amazing about this game. Its story, its characters, the script and last but not least, the soundtrack. It really takes you back to the 80 s.
  78. Dec 9, 2012
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City is a really good game. It has a beautiful written story, their missions are so funny, the game takes you to 80s in a engaging way, it is not an overstatement give a score of 10.
  79. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is a wonderful play on 1980s Miami. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City contains an overwhelming amount of content, especially considering the fact it was developed in 2003. Although the world is a bit small in regards to Grand Theft Auto IV and Skyrim, for it's time, this game does an excellent job filling the area with lots of content. Almost every spot in the game has some tie inThis game is a wonderful play on 1980s Miami. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City contains an overwhelming amount of content, especially considering the fact it was developed in 2003. Although the world is a bit small in regards to Grand Theft Auto IV and Skyrim, for it's time, this game does an excellent job filling the area with lots of content. Almost every spot in the game has some tie in with a quest. There is no empty space. In Oblivion you could ride your horse around for 10 minutes and find almost nothing to do. In Vice City, Everywhere you drive there's something to do. This brings me to my next point; driving. Often times, I found myself aimlessly driving around just for the fun of it, sometimes doing various vehicle submissions (like the Taxi, Vigilante, and Ambulance missions). The stunts in the game are a bit lacking, as it's often difficult to find a proper set up for a super awesome stunt you want to pull off (no flips on a motorcycle). 10 years after Grand Theft Auto: Vice City hit store shelves it's still a hugely successful game and easily regarded as one of the best open world, action shooters of all time. Expand
  80. May 23, 2013
    We all know what we downloaded this game for. Fantastic music, great story, and crude GTA humor. Overall, the transition to PC was done alright. Only had some minor problems with mouse sensitivity acting weird. As well as another problem which forces you to apply the frame limiter display option or the car controls/mechanics wouldn't function properly. Either way, Vice City is a niceWe all know what we downloaded this game for. Fantastic music, great story, and crude GTA humor. Overall, the transition to PC was done alright. Only had some minor problems with mouse sensitivity acting weird. As well as another problem which forces you to apply the frame limiter display option or the car controls/mechanics wouldn't function properly. Either way, Vice City is a nice breath of fresh air. Expand
  81. Jun 27, 2013
    Es un buen juego,las misiones,trama,historia,ETC son realmente buenos.buenas graficas,ETC aunque sus misiones no esten tan buenas,yo le dare un 9 porque fue mi juego favorito yo lo recomiendo para que lo juegen y disfruten,tanto como yo,espere que les guste,que los compren les gustara mucho como a mi me gusto PD:es uno de mis juegos favoritos y se merece una gran critica porque es un juegoEs un buen juego,las misiones,trama,historia,ETC son realmente buenos.buenas graficas,ETC aunque sus misiones no esten tan buenas,yo le dare un 9 porque fue mi juego favorito yo lo recomiendo para que lo juegen y disfruten,tanto como yo,espere que les guste,que los compren les gustara mucho como a mi me gusto PD:es uno de mis juegos favoritos y se merece una gran critica porque es un juego entretenido y divertido. Expand
  82. Jun 24, 2013
    Easily the best GTA game. With it's awesome gameplay and a lot of interesting missions there is a place in your disk for this... The best thing in Vice City is the feeling. The awesome looking Miami feels so good to be in. You don't even want to leave your chair... Must play...
  83. Aug 15, 2013
    Grand theft auto vice city is the second best grand theft auto but it has a strong story and really good graphics for how old it is. I would recommend this game to any one who like grand theft. auto and anyone who likes violence.
  84. Oct 17, 2013
    I first played this game in 2006 and it got me addicted. I finished the whole game with and without cheats. This game never gets old. I love its every successor. I am really waiting for GTA 6
  85. Oct 18, 2013
    the best grand theft auto of the franchise!!
    in my opinion,the best game of Rockstar games
    tommy vercetti is the most dangeous killer of games
    vice city is one my favorite games
  86. Nov 9, 2013
    This must be my second favorite game of all time. I still remember my amazement after seeing this jewel at my friend's house for the first time. Great graphics, great gameplay, great story, but most of all, amazing soundtrack and 80's atmosphere. Yes, the atmosphere in this game is truly something else, I could cruise around the city for hours in my sports car listening to the radio notThis must be my second favorite game of all time. I still remember my amazement after seeing this jewel at my friend's house for the first time. Great graphics, great gameplay, great story, but most of all, amazing soundtrack and 80's atmosphere. Yes, the atmosphere in this game is truly something else, I could cruise around the city for hours in my sports car listening to the radio not caring about anything and not get bored. No GTA was able to recreate that atmosphere and feel after Vice City. Expand
  87. Mar 14, 2014
    As a "Rockstar Fanboy" who has inhaled every GTA title since my first Multiplayer experience in 1998 i have to say that no GTA title has never gripped me like Vice City. The whole setting, including environment, music, story and (for this time) awesome graphics made a really "complete" game.
    Since then, IMAO Rockstar tries to recreate this feeling for their players but, i regret to say that , never got this Miami Vice / Scarface feeling again.
  88. Jul 4, 2014
    Amazing game, awesome story, everything about this game is awesome, the only problem is the graphics but whatever graphics don't ruin anything this is better then gta 3
  89. Jul 15, 2014
    I remember playing this game when I was like 5 years old.. LOL. Fun. Probably the best GTA game in my opinion. Tommy killed it. Don't know why they didn't bring him back. The graphics are great, and the story.. just incredible.
  90. Oct 19, 2014
    Vice City is actually one of the best games created. Honestly it really is inspiritat from movies such as Scarface, Goodfellas, Godfather, Miami Vice and many altele..Acest genre is a masterpiece. Rockstar Games knows better how to attract players.
  91. Aug 8, 2014
    Easily one of the greatest games of all time in the grand scope of things. Ive been playing games for a long time and I cant remember another game other than San Andreas that blew my mind the way Vice City did. I even remember the whole soundtrack and 10 years later, every time I hear Broken Wings, I Ran, I just Died In Your Arms Tonight, Waiting for a Girl like You, Dance Hall Days,Easily one of the greatest games of all time in the grand scope of things. Ive been playing games for a long time and I cant remember another game other than San Andreas that blew my mind the way Vice City did. I even remember the whole soundtrack and 10 years later, every time I hear Broken Wings, I Ran, I just Died In Your Arms Tonight, Waiting for a Girl like You, Dance Hall Days, Africa, or Owner of a Lonely Heart, I immediately get a craving to play Vice City. VC, along with San Andreas are the only reasons there is still a PS2 hooked up to my TV. Expand
  92. Dec 10, 2014
    I played every GTA to this day, with the exception of Chinatown Wars and GTA 2. And this is still my favorite. But why? I don't even know what makes it so great. The new vehicles, like the helicopters? The amazing soundtrack? The jaw dropping graphics (for 2003, of course)? The whole 80's atmosphere? The city itself? The remarkable characters, references and the actors? The controls.I played every GTA to this day, with the exception of Chinatown Wars and GTA 2. And this is still my favorite. But why? I don't even know what makes it so great. The new vehicles, like the helicopters? The amazing soundtrack? The jaw dropping graphics (for 2003, of course)? The whole 80's atmosphere? The city itself? The remarkable characters, references and the actors? The controls. otherwise, do not have the best response, and the driving is not that great, but I love it anyway. Expand
  93. Sep 26, 2014
    This is like a nostalgic review from me. I liked the story and the missions. The music, cars and the claw hands. This is my favourite GTA entry of all time. before i even get to touch GTA V. for now. I'm waiting for you GTA V next year!
  94. Oct 13, 2014
    On the Personal Computer Platform, GTA Vice city is one of the most graphically advanced titles of its era, considering it came out in 2003, its graphics are stunning visually and ascetically. Its story line is interesting and always seems to keep you entertained and immersed in action, as the Grand Theft Auto series is renowned for, the Miami feel to the game, in where it is situated,On the Personal Computer Platform, GTA Vice city is one of the most graphically advanced titles of its era, considering it came out in 2003, its graphics are stunning visually and ascetically. Its story line is interesting and always seems to keep you entertained and immersed in action, as the Grand Theft Auto series is renowned for, the Miami feel to the game, in where it is situated, gives it that beech going immersed experience. This game personnaly is a great title and i would reccomend to anyone wanting another take on the Grand Theft Auto series. Expand
  95. Apr 15, 2015
    This game is so boring and the story is so bad that the only fun thing to do is drive around the town while listening to your MP3 songs which does not actually qualify for a fun game to me, though.
  96. Feb 15, 2015
    Это ГТА и можно ничего не добавлять. Но Vice City, в отличии от других серий понравилась не так сильно
  97. Mar 31, 2015
    Like: bikes, your own business, rock band, soundtrack
    Don't like: missions, atmosphere, plot, cars, guns
    Summary: a good game, but previous part (III) is better.
  98. Apr 9, 2015
    Mesmo com algumas missões desnecessárias, o jogo é extremamente divertido, a estética é incrível, algumas missões são exaltantes e é muito sincronizado com a realidade, o jogador talvez sente-se um verdadeiro bandido, sentindo-se em um mundo com limites distantes!

Best of all, the numerous bugs and glitches that brought the PS2 version down a notch have been cleaned up and eliminated, for the most part. Enemies no longer shoot you through solid walls, you no longer randomly lose health while running, and cars remain in your garage until you take them out.
    Side-missions are just amazingly fun.
  3. It transcends the very genre it once created.