7.1

1. Dec 6, 2011
    The design and story are the game's shining points, sadly, because I was hoping for a more involved strategy game. And don't take me lightly when I say it is basic, there is one attack unit type, one unit-carrier, and one builder. It claims lands one per turn which can build an armory for the one attacker type, or a resource gatherer. That's it. The resource gatherers sink the groundThe design and story are the game's shining points, sadly, because I was hoping for a more involved strategy game. And don't take me lightly when I say it is basic, there is one attack unit type, one unit-carrier, and one builder. It claims lands one per turn which can build an armory for the one attacker type, or a resource gatherer. That's it. The resource gatherers sink the ground and you gotta be the last one alive via stacking resources for cannonfire or attack unit invasion. It gets old really fast. I didn't want it to. I loved the art style and varied factions, most will argue that I'm expecting too much. I just find this level of "strategy" to be primative, even by tower defense or indie "braid" puzzler standards. Expand
  2. Dec 23, 2011
    A simple turn based strategy game, this game got a bit to boring for me to handle. I usually enjoy a good strategy game but between the lack of units in the game, the old-timey music that played constantly, and the overall just boredom I experienced while trying to get the achievement for this game, I don't care to ever play it again. Yes there are many things in here that are differentA simple turn based strategy game, this game got a bit to boring for me to handle. I usually enjoy a good strategy game but between the lack of units in the game, the old-timey music that played constantly, and the overall just boredom I experienced while trying to get the achievement for this game, I don't care to ever play it again. Yes there are many things in here that are different and I can definitely see how people would like this game. But, for myself, this game was just too simple and boring to keep my attention whatsoever. Take heed if your going to buy this game since its definitely not for everyone. Expand
  3. Aug 4, 2011
    Light strategy. Fun, fast, and not complex at all.
    The drawback of this light strategic application is that it will keep you playing for only so long (i played 6 hours).
  4. Mar 1, 2012
    For you people that love turn based games and having to do everything with the use of the mouse, this game is up your alley! However, I am one with very little patience, and using the mouse for everything is annoying. The worst part of the game is that it forces you into a strategy that you don't always want. It does have some nice dynamics, but overall, it's kinda boring. You sit thereFor you people that love turn based games and having to do everything with the use of the mouse, this game is up your alley! However, I am one with very little patience, and using the mouse for everything is annoying. The worst part of the game is that it forces you into a strategy that you don't always want. It does have some nice dynamics, but overall, it's kinda boring. You sit there and wait for your turn, try to play a chess move, and then watch your land crumble underneath you.

The tutorial is "okay," but it really doesn't give you any direction. Basically it says, "Do this." And after some goofing around, you realize that you have to play the match to get what you need. It doesn't bother to limit your actions to optimized moves (basically teaching you PROPER MECHANICS). The music is, "eh" at best. It's from the 40's/50's and makes you wonder what is going on.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to play Risk for several days and ruin relationships in the process.
  5. Jan 8, 2011
    This is one of those games that subscribes to the old saying, "Easy to learn, impossible to master." By using a few simple game mechanics, Greed Corp creates a continually deteriorating world where you have to destroy your future to ensure any future at all.

It is challenging and engaging, and the structure of the maps really does require that different tactics be applied to ensure victory. The music and sound effects are appropriate, and the artwork has a whimsical character that helps make the game enjoyable.

Given the lack of depth, Greed Corp shouldn't command a high price. I feel that a $5 price point is perfect. I have had some issues with crashes, and this is an issue that other players have reported as well. Because of this I have knocked down the score a notch to a 7; otherwise, it would have a solid 8.
  6. Jan 27, 2012
    Greed Corp takes an original premise and stretches it a bit thin. Weighing the risk of losing the ground beneath your feet to gain more resources is novel and the ability to mine your opposition to death is entertaining, but the game rules needed a few more variables to keep things interesting. The campaign is not helped by a lack of strategic options and a threadbare and nonsensicalGreed Corp takes an original premise and stretches it a bit thin. Weighing the risk of losing the ground beneath your feet to gain more resources is novel and the ability to mine your opposition to death is entertaining, but the game rules needed a few more variables to keep things interesting. The campaign is not helped by a lack of strategic options and a threadbare and nonsensical story, but there is still fun to be had in short sessions. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    Quite a fun little "board game" strategy title, ideally designed for a quick strategic fix and the gaming is well balanced. Recommended pick up if you can get it at a low price.
  8. Aug 7, 2013
    Fun little indy game where you get many ideas for strategies and as you go up in the campaign you find that the game only gets harder because they shorten the time you have to make decisions. Unfortunatly you can't undo a descision like in Hero Achademy so if you do a mistake, you are stuck with it, even if it isn't the end of your turn.

Fun for a little while, but soon enough you find

Fun for a little while, but soon enough you find yourself getting bored, though it is interesting reading the stories sometimes.
  9. Jan 27, 2011
    An absolutely brilliant turn based strategy game. Very original as well. There are some great tactical elements to this game. Something I think is really good about this game is that you can search / join a queue to play on-line competitive and while it is doing this play the campaign. It will tell you when there are enough players and you can begin; when you do so it saves yourAn absolutely brilliant turn based strategy game. Very original as well. There are some great tactical elements to this game. Something I think is really good about this game is that you can search / join a queue to play on-line competitive and while it is doing this play the campaign. It will tell you when there are enough players and you can begin; when you do so it saves your campaign game where it is. This is brilliant, no more waiting around for on-line matches. The graphics are excellent, quirky and pretty cute. I am really enjoying this title and I can see there are miles of gameplay ahead. My expectation is that I will be playing this game for years to come. Excellent and well worth the money. Collapse

1. Mar 20, 2011
    Brings a whole new meaning to the words "resource management." [Apr 2011, p.85]
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Some other studio could have used Greed Corp's concept to create a big, serious game that would have eclipsed Massive Assault. W!Games turned this idea into a decent casual product - it looks nice, plays well, and costs only $10.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    It's quite surprising that a strategy game with only one kind of unit can be that entertaining. If you'd like to play something different, give this one a try.