7.1

1. Dec 31, 2013
    A nice turn based game with good graphics and apt title. If you want to defeat your enemies you have to destroy the very land you are standing on. The strategic side, while revolving around only one unit and three buildings, depends heavily on the map your are playing. The AI is decent.
    I would have appreciated a way to accelerate the animations.
    All in all a solid game for a low budget.
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    Very challenging and original little strategy game. It might look simple on the outside but once you've played a few rounds you'll start seeing that it's quite strategic and that you'll have to think your moves out before doing them to be able to win.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is extremely easy to learn, very pretty, and has a pleasant 1900's soundtrack. The game might be easy to learn, but the AI will find every way to screw you over. Even on beginner the AI will find ways to beat you, so the game takes much more strategy than normal game battles. The harvesting feature is very fun and can be used in many ways, offensively, defensively, or for someThe game is extremely easy to learn, very pretty, and has a pleasant 1900's soundtrack. The game might be easy to learn, but the AI will find every way to screw you over. Even on beginner the AI will find ways to beat you, so the game takes much more strategy than normal game battles. The harvesting feature is very fun and can be used in many ways, offensively, defensively, or for some extra income. The game is simple, and doesn't have that much to do, which can be a con or pro. The game also forces you through the campaign to get more maps. Some people will like this, but I hate campaign. Overall, a great deal for 10$ and a breath of fresh air from the complexity of the Civilization games. Expand
  4. Mar 12, 2012
    Greed Corp is a turn-based strategy game, based on controlling territory then destroying it for fun and profit. The rules of the game are pretty simple, but the strategy remains deep. That alone makes this game worth considering for strategy fans. I really have no issues with how the game works mechanically. The story's uninteresting and unimportant. I usually ended up turning the musicGreed Corp is a turn-based strategy game, based on controlling territory then destroying it for fun and profit. The rules of the game are pretty simple, but the strategy remains deep. That alone makes this game worth considering for strategy fans. I really have no issues with how the game works mechanically. The story's uninteresting and unimportant. I usually ended up turning the music and sound off; they don't add much. The graphics look pretty good, with one complaint: it's very hard to tell which building does what from appearance alone, which is sometimes problematic.

Fans of slower strategy games should look at picking this one up. There seems to be lots of support for online play, if you're in to that. The biggest issue I would worry about is that there aren't any extra play modes, and there's no difference in the factions, so you may not get much milage out of the game if you find the battles boring. $10 may be a little much, but it's worth getting if you find it cheap.
  5. Jan 28, 2011
    even though I do not think this game is for everyone, I do enjoy this game very much. I have been playing through the campaign and think its very fun.(while it does not have a story....) Look at some game play videos, play it with a friend who has it or find a way to see if this game is worth it. I paid $5 and think it is worth the $10 price tag. If you like turn based strategies then youeven though I do not think this game is for everyone, I do enjoy this game very much. I have been playing through the campaign and think its very fun.(while it does not have a story....) Look at some game play videos, play it with a friend who has it or find a way to see if this game is worth it. I paid $5 and think it is worth the $10 price tag. If you like turn based strategies then you should give this one a chance. Expand
  6. Jan 27, 2011
    An absolutely brilliant turn based strategy game. Very original as well. There are some great tactical elements to this game. Something I think is really good about this game is that you can search / join a queue to play on-line competitive and while it is doing this play the campaign. It will tell you when there are enough players and you can begin; when you do so it saves yourAn absolutely brilliant turn based strategy game. Very original as well. There are some great tactical elements to this game. Something I think is really good about this game is that you can search / join a queue to play on-line competitive and while it is doing this play the campaign. It will tell you when there are enough players and you can begin; when you do so it saves your campaign game where it is. This is brilliant, no more waiting around for on-line matches. The graphics are excellent, quirky and pretty cute. I am really enjoying this title and I can see there are miles of gameplay ahead. My expectation is that I will be playing this game for years to come. Excellent and well worth the money. Expand
  7. Jan 27, 2011
    An amazing turn based strategy that uses a few very simple techniques but is very challenging. The learning curve is quite steep but it's a fun game none the less. It's got a good system and you'll soon be thinking up different strategies whether it's going for minerals and cannons or just outmassing your opponents. The game is very engaging. The battles are short but filled with strategyAn amazing turn based strategy that uses a few very simple techniques but is very challenging. The learning curve is quite steep but it's a fun game none the less. It's got a good system and you'll soon be thinking up different strategies whether it's going for minerals and cannons or just outmassing your opponents. The game is very engaging. The battles are short but filled with strategy and you have to keep on your toes to win. I enjoyed the charm it had, too, and the subtle comedy factor in the characters. Expand
  8. Jan 8, 2011
    A quirky, inventive strategy game that manages to stand out from the usual Strategy routine. Its simplicity and streamlined mechanics are akin to Chess, which is simultaneously what appeals and limits it. The nature of a constantly disintegrating game world is a powerful image that makes the game one you'll remember.

1. Mar 20, 2011
    Brings a whole new meaning to the words "resource management." [Apr 2011, p.85]
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Some other studio could have used Greed Corp's concept to create a big, serious game that would have eclipsed Massive Assault. W!Games turned this idea into a decent casual product - it looks nice, plays well, and costs only $10.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    It's quite surprising that a strategy game with only one kind of unit can be that entertaining. If you'd like to play something different, give this one a try.