5.6

1. Aug 17, 2013
    Let me begin by saying that Grid 2 is a very solid, high quality racing game. It's accessible, fun and far from frustrating. The rewind feature is quicker to use than ever and is very convenient at some points. When you restart a race, you don't have to wait any longer than 3 seconds. You can replay events if you wish, and it has split-screen as well as the ability to just set up a quick race against the AI. You can customise your car's decal, paint and wheels very simply and only takes 5 minutes to get it exactly how you want. With pre-made decals, very good choice of colours and paint, wheels etc. all unlocked from the start, visual customisation has never been faster in a racing game. The lack of performance upgrades makes races fair. So far, so good. What's more, the career mode isn't as cumbersome as you may think or intrusive of the main gameplay. The number of difficulty options is perfect too. You get street circuits, point-to-point rally-type stages and a few real-life tracks such as Indianapolis, Brands Hatch, Algarve and Yas Marina. Furthermore, the variety of event types is great including some of the more unconventional game modes rarely found in other racing games. The lack of assists further enhances the game's simplicity. Since the handling of the cars is so right, it wouldn't make sense to have assists, and the lack of them makes gameplay fair. You still get manual transmission, as you'd expect of course. Graphics aren't as good as they are demanding, but are very good far from Most Wanted 2012 level but on par with The Run. So what's the problem? We've got a PGR Shift clone, which is great. But there is one HUGE mistake Codemasters made not including INTERIOR VIEW! If this was an arcade game, it would be excusable, since it wouldn't be necessary or suitable. But it's THE ONE GAME you'd expect to have view. Without it, the experience feels very bland compared to what it could've been. If you own an Xbox 360 and have played Project Gotham Racing 3 or PGR 4, you will laugh at this game like it was some sort of joke. What's worse is the online. Not only can you not choose what class of cars or the track you'd like to race on (this is randomly decided by the game, with option to veto), but you have to unlock EVERYTHING. It's as if the single player and multiplayer progression are done the wrong way around. You would expect to have full access to customisation options and no money in online, with everthing unlocked for fair play, but instead you have to unlock everything and if you enter an online race, 99% of the time you won't have a car suitable for the event so the game "loans" you a car but takes off 50% of your winnings for using the car. It's stupid and a major deterrent for playing the online. However, the online does offer weekly challenges in a variety of events and tracks, where there is a bronze silver gold gold medal to earn. These are solo, just you, the car, the track and the target to beat. You can rank up this way too, so this is the only reason to play online. Races are unplayable due to the extreme amount of bashing. Overall, Grid 2 is a racing game which will gel more with those who don't often play racing games. If you're looking for a lower quality, more boring, less exciting, less satisfying, easier, less varied, less fun, less challenging, shorter and worse cars version of Project Gotham Racing without interior view for the PC, this is your game. Otherwise, grab yourself a 360, buy a copy of PGR 3 or PGR 4 and enjoy it far more than this average racing game. Expand
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    I've been playing Codemaster's racing games since the first TOCA games and each iteration is generally better than the last, where things are starting to get a little unstuck is the push towards DLC and workman-like ports to PC that don't fully use the resources available hardly. It's not hard to find problems in the newest game GRID2 :- WHAT WRONG: 1. Low end textures, even ultra settings use less than 1gb video ram! that just shouts low end port.

2. Day zero DLC and likely more overpriced DLC down the line... a feature PC shouldn't be charged for as we don't have a used market for our games unlike consoles.

3. Bugs galore such as crashing to desktop, framerate issues, controller lockups etc.

4. No view, although modders have strived to fix that already.

5. Lacking many famous tracks that previous titles all had.

6. Weak dreary soundtrack that quickly gets turned off.

BUT.... here's the thing... even with that taking all that into consideration, it's still one hell of a good online racing game, and here's why.

WHAT'S RIGHT:-
    1. Shedloads of cars to buy and upgrade (notice many whingers say that it doesn't have it must have pirate copies since they all failed to mention that you CAN modify and customise cars in the multiplayer half of the game).

2. Handling of the cars IS arcadey... but so was GRID1, anyone that says GRID1 was a sim racing is talking utter it never was close to being one and still isn't now. Even the older TOCA games were not really sim racing level, have a look at games due later in the year like project CARS or i-racing etc if you want sim racing you utter morons.

3. Having no view is annoying maybe but who really gave a crap using it anyway? looked good on replays but even on sim racing games I play, I find having virtual wheels in front of my real wheel looks stupid, not to mention the field of view is always set for some short arse hobbit, I'm quite tall and in a real car I don't see the bloody wheel in front of my nose EVER!

4. There are plenty of racing modes to offset the lack of tracks, many are new to the series.

5. Want stock cars? go play Dirt Showdown.

Overall I'm giving this a solid 80% because the game is great online, pirates moaning about lacking single player probably missing the point entirely... thats a training mode for multiplayer.
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    I just cant handle the car. It drift all the time!
    Is more easy to play with a joystick then play with a steering wheel.

The graphics are great, the scenarios looks good but is very hard to control the car.
  4. Jan 23, 2014
    I don't understand why so many people are hating on this game. The cars handle very differently from each other, each one with its own unique blend of under steer, over steer, soft suspension, hard suspension, different degrees of acceleration and power. I find all the variations rather exciting. I have played a lot of race car games, and I have to say I like this more than most. It has a great balance of arcade and realism, and a large variety of unique challenges on each track and in each car. The people complaining so much don't really seem to have any good reason to do so. The graphics are beautiful, and they look great no matter what settings you use, so you can play in on a crappy Intel HD3000 or on whatever latest $500 Nvidia monster you have. I find the user interface to be very nice, easy to use, and quick to load. There is a very large amount of tracks and cars to mess around with, more so than in any other race games I can think of, so really, what's the deal? There seems to be plenty of challenge to it, but it's more accessible than the first GRID. The destruction on the cars is brilliant looking, full of realistic mechanics, and plenty of sparks and car pieces flying off, and coming unhinged. The cars look just the way they do in real life, maybe a bit more shine, but still realistic. The range of cars is nice. American cars, Italian cars, British cars, Japanese cars, German cars. You have everything from souped up street cars to full on super cars. The feel of the racing is very intense and visceral and exciting. Each of the cars has its own realistic sounds. I just don't get it. This is a fun game, and it is packed full of content to explore and skills and challenges to overcome. Maybe it's not pretentious enough, maybe it's too accessible. People liked having a game like the original GRID. A game that everyone sucked at it unless you put 50 hours into it, so all the people with jobs stayed away, and only the ultra nerdy, living at home with mom nerds, that could put in the time were any good at it, and they felt better than everyone. Well guess what?! This is a game for everyone, and it's fun as hell. Expand
  5. May 29, 2013
    GRID 2 manages to inject a nice dose of realistic physics within an arcade style racing game. The result is a game that simulator purists will surely frown upon.... (lack of view, no tuning) but everyone else will enjoy. The locations and cars look absolutely stunning. The single player is meaty and the multiplayer is absolutely worth playing.
  6. Oct 13, 2013
    Gdyby Grid 2 nie był Gridem może byłby naprawdę dobrą grą wyścigową. Grid 2 wygląda przepięknie, może nie wykorzystuje w 100% Directx'a 11, ale wiać że został na nim stworzony. Widać jakość tego tytułu, widać po prostu poziom Codemasters. Świetne prowadzenie kampanii, wiele trybów i do tego split screen. Wszystko zrobione bardzo dobrze, problem jednak leży gdzie indziej. Grid 2 to nie Grid. To nie gra położona na symulacje(Tak jak Grid 1, który może i nie był pełną symulacją, ale starał się do niej upodobnić), najgorsze jest to że twórcy do tego połączyli tak symulację z jazdą arcadową że jeździ się naprawdę słabo. Silnik jazdy jest po prostu denerwujący. Dodając do tego elementy symulacji czy auto które może się zniszczyć, ta gra staje się po prostu denerwująca. Jest do tego nie dopracowana, jak np. boty które czasami jeżdżą wręcz za idealnie. Jako gra wyścigowa-nawet bardzo dobra jako kontynuacja grid'a 2 średniak. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  7. Ndi
    Jun 23, 2013
    I would forgive it anything if a car drove like that. That isn't drifting, that's strafing. Sound is poor, I can hear the engine winding down when downshifting. I hear the engine go down to 3000 RPM when the rev shows 5000.

This game is what the imagination of a 7 year old thinks of car racing. I've watched gameplay online so I could focus on the game without being distracted. I
    recommend it. It's just a kid on the sidewalk going vrrrrrrrooooo!

Cars don't strafe. Cars are not parallel to the road, not even racing cars, because the wight causes roll. Cars have weight distribution, they go up when accelerating, down on braking, sideways on curves. Cars have tires with temperature. Cars have inertia, and you don't see the hood moving like Counter Strike moving the weapon. In fact, that's the whole thing about driving, subtle and precise motion. Jerk the controls and you're in the river.

Cut a zero from the speedometer and rename it Bumper cars 2.
  8. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm disappointed that Codemasters removed the view that I use for realism. It also became an arcade racing game which killed the first GRID's sim.The old GRID is still better. The career mode is boring but the multiplayer is good. You can buy & upgrade cars.
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    Firstly, almost all games are bought with DLCs, and GRID 2 sells DLC as well as. I just checked its Steam page out, and i saw, there are really many DLCs that is not really worth to buy! Because they sell a car for 7 dollars! What is that? When i saw DLCs i thought they included some kind of EXTRA things like new racing strips or something like that. Really DISAPPOINTING GAME for me...
  10. Sep 26, 2013
    I did not play Grid 1 so I have no reference to the original to make my opinion. I like this game. I like the arcade drift style game play. Playing racing games on pc at 1080p+ is great because I can see the track better than on any console games. I understand peoples disappointment in not having in car graphics. The racing is pretty satisfying. I would have liked some capability to modify and buy cars Expand
  11. Dec 19, 2013
    This could be by far one of the best racing games and really is.It is better than any other racing game on Steam.Good sound,realistic driving based most on drifting and the best thing that this game has to offer is an amazing visual experience.Multiplayer is one of the interesting parts of this game too and as a game this one is very stable and very good optimized for PC.A bad thing could be the missing "Inside of the car" camera view but this thing doesn't matter at all because this is a really good game from almost all points of view...It has a lot of other amazing features to offer...I recommend it. Expand
  12. Feb 17, 2014
    When I played the demo for the first game, I knew I was buying that game. Since then I dumped over 100 hours into it. Grid2 is completely and utterly boring. I put about 3 hours into the game and I immediately uninstalled. The AI wasn't challenging, you no longer buy cars, the main menu takes atrociously long to load (and it reloads after every race). The game just became linear. Graphics are still good, but even those fell short of my expectations because they're identical to the graphics in the first game.

Finally, I spent a lot of money on pre-ordering this game and that didn't get me access to all of the cars (sectioned out into various expensive DLC). Code masters has become EA.
  13. May 29, 2013
    I don't know what happened to the PC community, have a look at the PS3 users. Anyhow a great follow-up to GRID! Again it is a arcade racer with a simulation seasoning (nothing unexpected there as the low reviews might suggest). Handling and graphics are top-notch. Career mode is as fun as ever. However no helmet-cam, no tuning and a bit 2 much drifting. But nothing which is not patchable. Good job codemasters, GRID 2 is very enjoyable Expand
  14. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is absolutely sucks and overrated. I hated first GRID but it has interior cam and incredible A.I. Now, why am i play GRID 2?
  15. Dec 28, 2013
    I hope everyone here played Race Driver Grid here because it's awesome and people screamed when they knew Grid 2 is here. Well, the sequel is something... different.

First, the main difference between Grid and Grid 2 is the handling. In Grid 1, the handling is quite user-friendly and it's not that hard to corner. Unfortunately, in Grid 2, every single car is drifty in the beginning.
    Also the realism is lost as the mix of arcade and simulation handling in Grid became full arcade in Grid 2 (I don't think a car can drift from a corner to another corner), which is a big minus for me.

Second, the gameplay. It seems that a lot of features in Grid 1 do not move to Grid 2, like teammates and sponsors. The team paint part is ridiculous that every single time I want to see how does the vinyl look, I have to wait for a few seconds before I can see the side of the car, and I have to do it a million times. There's a new feature called "fans" and I don't know what it's for. Also, you can now get all the cars if you complete all vehicle challenges, which I prefer the Grid 1 version you have to buy cars. And WHERE THE HELL IS VIEW?

Third, the cars. The cars in Grid 2 lacks a little bit variety than Grid 1 and the cars are fewer (as I remember)
    but that's fine for me. The main problem is the handling style. It's actually a bit ridiculous that some grip cars are actually more handy than drift cars, and the balanced cars are not very balanced (that BMW and Hyundai is grippy as hell and Mclaren is drifty I remember). The unique feel of driving in different cars are lost.

Fourth, the audio. Nothing special I must say.

Fifth, the graphics. Good in scenes, but definitely not in details. If you crash your car to an extent you can see your car's engine, you'll realize how lazy Codemasters is.

Well, it's actually a fun game in certain extent but it's definitely a full-arcade game, which is different from Grid 1. I guess I will delete Grid 2 and leave Grid 1 in my computer.
  16. Jun 2, 2013
    I have been playing it quite a bit online and offline.

I am a little bit dissappointed, I think GRID 1 was a far superior game to this, I am usually a Sim racer but enjoy these titles every now and again and enjoyed GRID1 a lot using the controller.

This game seems dumbed down badly, It has worse Damage modeling and physics, there seems to be a massive emphasis on drifting around
    every corner to go faster, there is always 1 AI that is miles faster ahead of anyone else and sometimes you are playing catchup for a lap or 2 because he has got a 5 second lead out of nowhere, Then once you catchup you wiull be gaining lead for no reason and always finish 5 seconds or more infront of 2nd place, I am playing on HARD, this might be changed on very hard, Im not sure. Its like Mario Kart in that sense.

The best part is online play for sure but it needs some work, why upgrade your cars if a stock can can beat it? I have won many races with stock cars and people struggle to catchup,I could just be better but it happens far too often, I don't know what to think about that.

The other issue I have is the constant stuttering and freezing up for no reason, I made another thread about this and no answer, I have had this problem before on other CM games and it was always related to the huge replay file that saves on my Windows Partition, When i dirlinked, It always was fixed but In this title it remains the same.

Running on:
    i7 950'3ghz
    12gb DDR3
    SLI GTX580

It runs well and is very easy on the hardware, My brother can run it on high with his 260.

Overall Its a fair game but It could have been made much better, It seems rushed in some places.

17. May 30, 2013
    Well there is no first person camera but I think is a very good game.. Also I never use that in-car cam.. I really prefer see the cars, the models, colors, details, etc... soo I do not need that cam :P

With the previous trailers I had no hope that this was a good game but I was wrong.

Grid has never been a simulator, it was always arcade.... and while I was customizing my cars, the
    tires, vinyl, logos reminded me the good times with the ORIGINAL Most Wanted... this game is entertaining me a lot and if you add your favorite soudtrack and 3D vision is even better.

Is a good game for me...

And if someone from Codemasters read this, IN LATIN AMERICA WE HATE THE ACCENT OF SPAIN. add an option to change the text language subtitles separately. Thanks.

Saludos
  18. May 29, 2013
    This is a type of game I've been waiting for the first racing game with astonishing 3D effects! I really don't understand some people complaining that this is not a simulator it was never supposed to be! Have you played NFS series? Grid 2 is much, much better. Why? 1. Your opponents do not teleport supernaturally if they are left behind, 2. The graphics are amazing, even though hardware requirements are not very high I can easily get 40fps @Ultra settings and full hd using Nvidia GTX560. 3. Audio surround effects are amazing 4. Gameplay is decent without any unnecessary elements like 'story' (Who needs a story in a racing game?) 5. It runs perfectly smooth I haven't encountered any errors yet. Going back to graphics point if you haven't played it in 3D you haven't grasped the full capacity and beauty of the game. Seriously, this is the best looking 3D experience you can get this year (along with Tomb Raider) just awesome! As a minus I can only mention that you can hardly customize your cars (no tuning whatsoever) and the track easily become boring, but such minor drawbacks are not important to me. Do try 3D effect you won't regret! Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    I've enjoyed a variety of racing games from semi-realistic to arcade. Grid2 is so enamoured of "drift" driving that that's really all it has to offer. Having attempted to play with a keyboard and a controller (but not a wheel), I have to wonder if this game was playtested with any controller OTHER than a wheel. "Drift" driving is the least entertaining for me, as games of that type always seem to offer a selection of cars that cannot be driven in any other fashion, and GRID2 was no exception. Each car is eagerly awaiting the slightest opportunity to careen out of control.

If you're over drift driving, give this one a pass.
  20. Jun 10, 2013
    GRID is my favourite racing game of this generation, foolishly pre-ordered GRID 2 and now I just feel sad. Sad, disappointed and used. Shame on you Codemasters, shame on you.
  21. Apr 16, 2014
    I have just re-downloaded Grid 2 via Steam and after playing the game for a bit I find it's an enjoyable racer. It's not a full on simulation type game but it's still a good game. The game shouldn't need a top of the range PC to run on but if you do have such a machine then you can set all the graphical options to their highest and the game looks good.
  22. Aug 24, 2013
    With the expectation Grid 2 would give an even better experience than the first Grid, I was totally disappointed. The aspects that made Grid 1 the great game it is were taken out of Grid 2. Handling is now overly focussed on drifting, damage model is taken out, overview of which races are to come is taken out. For me this has been a mistake in buying this game. After Grid 1 I was excited having read some great reviews on Grid 2, but after playing I must say it's gives a bad taste in my mouth. If you have played Grid 1 don't play Grid 2. If you haven't played Grid 1 buy Grid 1 instead of Grid 2 and save yourself some money. Expand
  23. Jul 16, 2013
    There is some fun to be had with this casual arcade drifting racer but if you expect serious racing then you should stay away from it. Even as an arcade game this is less interesting than say, Shift 2 Unleashed.
  24. Jul 17, 2013
    It's certainly more arcade-y than its predecessor, but if you can get past that it's a solid game. Graphics are good, racing's decent fun, controls are solid, decent presentation, etc. Only real disappointment I have with it is the removal of Le Mans Series style racing (including Le Mans itself).

I'd say pick it up if you don't mind the physics change.
  25. May 31, 2013
    The best driving game I've ever played. Amazing controls, beautiful interface (one of the best I've seen in ANY game), extremely fun and intuitive drifting. Overall, an extremely great game.
  26. Jun 3, 2013
    If you are a PC Gamer, stay away from this title. SO many issues with graphics, gameplay and slowdown in singleplayer and Hack central in multiplayer. There is no anticheat system in place so people are racing around at 3 and a half times the speed of light. Codemasters have taken their last cash from me. If you are not going to support a PC version 100%, DONT BOTHER with one.
  27. May 31, 2013
    I am pretty disappointed by this game. I was expecting a much more immerse grid with updated graphics, more cars and lots of awesome. Instead, I was given an arcade drift-style game with a super small car selection and random fan-base, that means almost nothing to me in terms of game play because it does not really matter for unlocking cars so much. Very unrealistic in my honest opinion. I suppose I will continue to play the original grid, to what I think, is perhaps one of the best car/road-track simulator games out there for PC.

On the plus side, I think the multiplayer is in-fact better than the single player games, but not by much. This time you are given money to buy cars and upgrades with, once again, limited options and crappy cars to choose from.

The Good:
    Graphics

The Ok:
    Multiplayer
    Some Mapstyles

The bad:
    Lack of cars
    Arcade style game
    Poor driving physics
    "Social" style
    Other things I cant think of at the moment.
  28. May 28, 2013
    Codemasters has done an excellent job into making the ultimate racing game. Eye-candy graphics, there's an actual storyline and it makes it a very personal experience. The racing is phenomenal, the drifts might take some time to master but that doesn't take away from the whole racing experience. You're going to have fun regardless. Who cares about no-in car camera no one ever used that in Grid 1. This is worth buying trust me. Expand
  29. Jul 20, 2013
    I haven't played a racing game in a while, especially on PC, but bottom line is that its a fun and intense racing game that is maybe too accessible for the hardcore racers but has a good feel for just about anyone else.

The graphics and sound are outstanding. The controls do find a sort of median between arcade and sim leaning more towards arcade but they feel good and responsive even
    if too much so. Coming from Gran Turismo and Forza its hard not to have a million cars and a billion different customizations but you do have a fair amount of cars and customization. Personally I'd prefer much more of both in a game I want to play for a while, especially since the game somewhat lacks a large assortment of tracks even if they are pretty fun ones.

The multiplayer is a lot of fun and I rarely have connection issues. Its usually pretty easy to find and jump right into a game. It also supports split screen multiplayer and I enjoy that as an option as well. The game features a campaign and while it is pretty easy for the first few tiers, the difficulty does ramp up slightly towards the end.

In the end its not the best and most full featured racing game out there and maybe it should have been labeled more arcadey than it was, but if you're judging this game on its own merits instead of comparing it to another game, the previous title, or your expectations of what you think it should be, there is a lot of fun to be had in this game and I have no problem recommending it in that context. If you're a serious racer looking for a good PC sim, look elsewhere, but if you just want to have fun racing, this game is great.
  30. May 29, 2013
    I just played GRID 2 and it totally sucked. Why? Well first off there's no camera for the driver's seat, no manual clutch, unrealistic handling, poor AI, low field of view (FOV) and an overall bad console-port that lags on release with current high-end generation hardware it's a poorly made arcade racer at best.
  31. Jun 20, 2013
    GRID 2 has a new concept that is uninteresting and not at any point of the game are you interested in this Racing League you're participating in. Unlike the original GRID you have no Team, no co-driver/partner, no goal and no season ending marathon race i.e. the 24-hour Le Mans, which was one of the most intense experiences I've ever had in a racing game. The original GRID somehow managed to create a personality for all the faceless drivers and teams, BECAUSE they were real drivers and real teams. The guy who guided you is annoying and juvenile, compared to the man in the original game, who was not only helpful, but positive and encouraging. As you can tell, the original Racedriver: GRID is much better than it's sequel, which is a half-assed attempt to please fans for never making a proper expansion of their 2008 racing game icon. The many flaws in GRID 2 and lack of goal, excitement and overall personality and attachment disappointed me immensely. Not worth the 60 bucks I payed for it. To this day, the first game is still my all time favorite racing game, GRID 2 is mediocre at best and lacks so many features that made the first game so immersive, that it actually feels older. Expand
  32. May 31, 2013
    Hey...there, Codemasters. This game is some hackers joke, right? There will be a legit release of this poppin up in a few days and ohhh we're all gonna have had an amazing laugh bout how you fooled us all with this...crap. Things I will love when Grid 2 finally will be released: 1. Controls menu where I actually can change my controllers sensitivity settings and alike. 2. 1st person/drivers POV.

3. At least somewhat believable physics that don't require you to drift in order to drive fast.

4. You're cool with 3D-modeling, now why not try and add some depth to your characters and the "story"?

Big BIG letdown.
    3/10 purely for graphics.
  33. Jul 9, 2013
    First of all: I don't care about view. I play with hud cam. It gives me a good sensation for speed and the best overview.
    Graphics is obviously excellent. Handling is not too arcade. It feels different whether you pick a car with rear-wheel drive or not. Compared to the Need for Speed series it feels like a simulation. Biggest downside is the DLCs money making. Many people seem to
    complain because Codemasters didn't develop the game they wanted. But disappointment is normal as long as long as you expect experience (like you had in some nostalgic predecessor) in the first few minutes. Spend some time with the game.
    I've spend 30 hours with the game and for me it's the best racing game at the moment.
  34. Jun 9, 2013
    This game is Anti Racing. it's rare that you will have a good clean race with other people. The game uses flashbacks online to reset crashes back into full speed. This creates moments where a car will magical spawn and then crash into other players that are behind them. The physics suck because you can use walls and run off track and cut corners to make up more time. and if you cut a corner you can get away with it. but your car could stall out in the middle of the track for a couple seconds so if anyone was behind you they will most likely end up ramming into you from behind making you have to reset again. Another thing I hate is Drifting with 95% of the cars is the fastest way around a turn. When you drift it goes into a slight automatic drift mode where you are able to keep a faster speed around a corner easily. This makes it impossible to have lots of overtakes because everyone is sideways and carrying so much corner entry speed. The graphics are console ported with high rest textures. The effects are cool, but the multiplayer is lacking in different tracks. I'm already bored with all of the tracks some of them are nice and others are easily forgettable. Not to mention you can't see lap times or see Record leaderboards for tracks in game. Don't waste money on this game instead you could buy Project Gothem 2 or 3 they are much better arcade racers then Grid 2. Expand
  35. May 30, 2013
    Absolutely terrible game. Grid 1 is a far superior product. Graphics are the only thing worth while in this game, the rest is garbage. Save yourself some money and wait for a good sale for around $5 at tops because that's all its worth. Go back to playing Grid 1 or any other racing game, because they are definitely better than this.
  36. Aug 17, 2013
    So, if you want to buy this you must ask yourself few questions: 1) Am i ready to constant drift? 2) Am i ready for stupid rivals, which are glued to the track and never making the mistakes(like it was in original GRID) 3) Am i ready to stupid rivals, which will always try to knock me out from the track? 4) Am i ready to hear the same engine sound from different cars? 5) Am i ready to complete stupid goals from sponsors?
    So if all "YES" then buy this game. For me GRID series is a stupid arcade for kids, and it's dead, like NFS, TDU and DIRT. I hope Codemasters will lose their license for F1 games, and guys from F1 will give it to Polyphony Digital. Maybe then Codemasters will learn how to make games about cars a bit arcady, and without: OMG YOU MUST DRIFT IN EVERY RACE OMG.
  37. May 29, 2013
    I enjoyed the bump in graphical quality, and how smoothly the game runs, but all the cutscenes and the single-player mode in general is a bit annoying. I also didn't like how the game seems to focus more on 1-on-1 races a lot more than Grid 1 did. Another mild annoyance I had was that despite the game looking better than Grid 1, the replays were much more fun to watch in Grid 1, likely due to better camera placement.

All in all, it's a good game, but they took a lot out of it that I miss from Grid 1, like having my own team, ease of selecting the events I wanted to be in instead of feeling like I am shoehorned into only a few race options, the ability to buy my own cars instead of either just having them given to me or having to win them in challenges, etc... The driving does feel better than in Grid 1, but after a while, I kept just thinking I'd rather just go back and play Grid 1 instead of this game, which I don't think is what the developers were going for.
  38. Jun 2, 2013
    When I got to know, there won't be view, I was very very disappointed already. However, the trailers, gameplays made me interested in the game again. I bought it and what I got is a weird, mixed experience, that sometimes I can enjoy it, and sometimes it makes me said if I think about my expectations and the first GRID.

The graphics are pretty good in this game. Cars are highly
    detailed, the tracks are beautiful, Everything looks alright! There are some really nice existing circuits perfectly presentated. Yas Marina circuit is beautiful, it has the nice, color changing building, the background has fireworks, it feels it "lives". It is true to the other tracks too. Nicely animated crowd, airplanes in the background. Sun also looks realistic, also you can see some dust patches on the camera. So the environment, the effects are cool. As I wrote, cars are nice too, but the damage model is far from what we got from GRID. It's just not good enough. Very disappointing.

Sounds are good, but not excellent. They're better than average. All the cars have nice sound. Can't tell more about, it's right in overall.

Handling and AI... oh god... Handling is SO arcade-ish... It is so simple compared to GRID. Basically, you can't turn in a corner without burning your tyre. You drift all the time, doesn't matter, what car do you drive. Sometimes, you are drifting even with an Indycar... meh... Also, driving assists are gone!
    Also, what GRID also had, this game doesn't have: view! So disappointing. The "hood" camera is somewhat OK, but that's the only really usable camera in the game. For me, external views were unforgivable. Not useful at all.

The AI is not that bad, but interesting, the leader always builds up a higher gap to the others. There are patterns that you can see about the AI. It's not right, but can be challenging.

The career mode is OK, simple, but fun. There are wide variety of game modes (also playable in custom event mode which the typical single player mode). You can unlock new cars. Basically... it's so basic, but fun.

Well, in overall it's a huge disappointment. Good physics: gone. Great damage model: gone. view: gone. that little fun for simulator fans: GONE! Codemasters, what were you thinking?!

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It's not good enough. It can be enjoyable, but the game mechanics are so simple compared to GRID. It's just an average racing game. Sorry to say that. There are good points that makes the game somewhat playable and enjoyable, but it doesn't deserve more than a 6 of 10.
  39. Jul 4, 2013
    This is not "grid". It's Need for speed parody. Great graphics but this is other game.
    Disappointment of the year for all fans of racing games and dissapointment of last few years for all "Racedriver: Grid" fans
  40. Oct 31, 2013
    Most of the things good about Grid 2 are gone, you don't earn money, sponsors etc doesn't have the ''Racing Team'' feel to it, just a game where you race cars. Rather play the newer NFS titles than this.
  41. Jun 4, 2013
    I think that a user score of 5.3 is much too low for this game.

The game doesn't try to be a simulator, many people don't get this. Yes, compared to grid 1 the game is less realistic...some people already pointed it out. It's the drifting that concerns me and many others. Drifting around corners is in most cases the way to go, and in my opinion that's rather a bad thing. In real races
    you don't see any drifts, unless it's a drift contest.
    The rest of the handling however isn't that bad at all, and despite some guys claiming otherwise, each car has its own feeling. Sure, there are similar cars that will handle similar, like in real life too, but not a single carhandles the same. Also, you can't turn the assists on/off. The assist that prevents you from losing control by accelerating is always on. The AI is actually good. It's not predictable, they make errors and setting the difficulty appropriately affects the challenge of the game. To me, no headcam isn't really a throwback, since I used it rarely in grid 1.

But to be honest, the cars, tracks and the damage model look great, although the damage indicator is missing. Really, there was no reason to cut it, it's still there and you'll notice it or your partner will tell you. All in all, it's actually a mixture of arcade and realism, though rather a arcade.

Still, if you like arcade racing games, be sure to check this game out! Whether it's the single or multiplayer, this game will deliver you fun and a arcadey racing experience. Since there are things that could've been done better, but at the same time I like the fun and challenge in this game, I'll give it a 8.
  42. Jun 11, 2013
    Every since Dirt 3 code master have been going down hill F1 is like a clone each year good but not enough for once a year .Showdown was a game for little kids .And now grid2 with no cam and just pure arcade simple gameplay. And dlc threw at you on day1.Hope they wake up and make some changes in management are else they will lose most of there fans ,Go back to what you do well Dirt sim/arcade
  43. Jun 12, 2013
    I loved Grid, played it till my fingers bled Grid 2 No view Codemasters has made the wrong decision not adding view and to make the excuse that only 5% of players used it, online server stats, processing power can be used else where blah blah blah, PC users don't worry about this problem, We can run ARMA3 at ULTRA with a 12000m view distance. Here are some better racing games for PC users: Almost any SIMBIN game, SIMRACEWAY (which is completely free and so are all the cars, technically speaking) Netkar Pro, AssettoCorsa (Preview only- but awesome), Live For Speed, rFactor 1 or 2, BMW M3 Challenge (free), Volvo-The Game (Free), iRacing (pretty expensive)

They have lost my money on this game and I think more than 5% of the Grid players

Lets see how quick the next racing release is from Codemasters
  44. Jul 16, 2014
    When I found out about a new grid game coming I was really excited! When I started to play I was really dissapointed : ( The game is very boring. I do not reccomend buying this game. I hope the next Grid is better!
  45. May 29, 2013
    I was a fan of GRID 1 but this game doesn't even earn the right to use the GRID name. It's a boring, watered down, mindless console racer. That is best avoided. The day one DLC is indication of Codemasters priorities as well as the removal of the in car view. The handling is bad handling, less cars, a small amount of fake tracks, stupid story etc. Don't buy.
  46. May 31, 2013
    I can live with the graphics: It's pretty if you like excessive bloom and lense flares.
    I can live with the new menu: if you have a life online with twitter, youtube and facebook.
    I can live with the story: if you're into taking all this stuff very seriously.

What I can't live with is the fact that as soon as you turn your car around and drive against the flow, your "opponents" are
    not even there. They don't exist. They are just dots on your radar. You are not racing against anyone. It's really sad. But what's even sadder is that your manager tries to keep on telling you that the "race" is happening the other way around the track.

It totally breaks any immersion I would have had otherwise. And it immediately explains why Codemasters have opted to drop any "rear-view" camera or other tool to let you know where you are in the field of racers. And that's just plain lazy.

Any racing game that does not simulate the 11 other cars you are supposed to race against and opts for simply cheating by throwing "an ace driver" at you just before the last turn in the race, is not worth it's salt. Dirt Showdown cheated. Infuriatingly so. And Grid 2 cheats much in the same way.

Think long and hard about spending your dollars on this one.
  47. Jun 2, 2013
    As a long term Codemasters racing fan since the Toca days, a sequel to GRID after the two new DiRT games was always my biggest wish. However, I can't believe that this is named GRID 2, as no matter how much I try to love it, I just can't look past everything that's missing to make this a proper sequel. I thought the physics might make this game the experience everyone claims to be, but sadly it just disappointed me as well, and didn't justify what content was removed for it. I usually always found myself to enjoy Codemasters racers, even the subpar DiRT2 and DiRT3, which were a joke compared to DiRT 1, but this, however, is probably the worst Codemasters racer I ever played.

Maybe I had too high expectations of a sequel actually being bigger and better than its predecessor, but this is just a huge lackluster which doesn't deserve the GRID name at all, or if it was, it should've been called GRID Showdown or something.
  48. May 28, 2013
    Great mix of challenge but not sim, online and off, sticks to what made Grid 1 great but put more money in and really polished. Always online mic and youtube upload fails, but somehow that seems minor and likely to be patched. The racings solid, the careers solid, the tracks are solid with some new modes like dynamic changing path keep it fresh and fun.
  49. Jun 1, 2013
    All bad rewiews are from pirates, don`t even read them. Game is great! Multiplayer is fantastic! But pirates will never know this, so they are leaving hate-ratings... (Sorry for bad english)
  50. Jul 22, 2013
    yet another game that is going to proof the corruption going on in the game journalism industry. go ahead and read strategy informers review. its right there, no the left. this game is a 7/10 at most. but i give it a 5
  51. May 29, 2013
    Sorry Codemasters, but you are now only the sade of what you where before. People who like arcade racing games have better choices, like Burnout, Flatout or (sigh...) Need for Speed series. People who like simulation racing games will be very disappointed with Grid 2 and will keep playing Rfactor, the SimBin variety, Toca 3 or even (sigh...) the first Grid.

So, this game is for...
    nobody. Oh, no, I better say this: this game is just for those impatient people who pre-ordered it and won't admit they have wasted their money. Expand
  52. Jun 1, 2013
    Little disappointed was expecting more from the people who gave us dirt 3 and f1 2012.
    Graphics are good but the car handling is boring! you have to be uber special to spin out or go off track.
  53. May 28, 2013
    Thank you for creating this amazing game. I'm loving it, the cars are incredible, the gameplay is perfect and the tracks are very well done! and what about the "Live Routes"? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
  54. May 28, 2013
    I was expecting a good game with a mature driving system but instead I got a watered down arcade racer covered up as an immersive simulator.
    Fans are your currency, cars are unlocked randomly rather than bought, no upgrades at all or tuning, all you can hope to do is change the livery which also leaves you with very few options.
    Old, boring and tiring
    drift-if-even-slightly-touched-the-brakes with what could have been a nice driving model but ultimately collapsed under the console demanded control.

Graphics are quite good and sound is decent as well but this alone cannot save this game.
    GRID 1 wasn't that great to begin with and this feels more like a downgrade if anything.
    Not worth the time and money.
  55. Jun 3, 2013
    Beautifully optimized, fun stylish racer, it comes as advertised with aggressive AI and balls to the wall action, some races are a little easy and customization beyond look n feel would have been nice, but then this is an arcade racer and not a simulation.

I love the ability to rewind and avoid those little mistakes as I do not have the time to master complex driving mechanics and
    advanced physics engine. Expand
  56. Jul 29, 2013
    I haven't played the first game in a while, but I feel was much more impressed at the time than now. Car damage is bad now, you crash it down and it takes a really long time to feel any difference or for your team to tell you something about it. There is drift all the time, you can't really control it. But worst of all, I would love to know who the hell was the stupid idiot that thought it would be a good idea to make an effect when you crash that looks like your graphics card is showing artifacts. Really, whoever you are, you deserve to die you freaking moron. Overall, it's fun, but generic and not impressive at all like the first one was at the time. Expand
  57. Jul 26, 2013
    -this review is only about competitive multiplayer-

I bought this game because GRiD 1 was fun online. This is garbage. Firstly, cars are separated by level but matchmaking isn't. Enjoy trying to keep your junk starter car on the road while everyone else has overpowered endgame cars.

I get it, the cars are supposed to be balanced. LOL. Here's the secret: tier 1 Golf/Giulietta, tier 2
    Nismo Skyline (being a realistic racing sim, the Skyline handles exactly like the one in Need for Speed Underground), tier 3 Atom or Caterham, tier 4 Veyron, other cars aren't viable 90% of the time. All of them except the first two are of course all the way at the end of their class and reserved for level 10-20-30 players. But it's okay, you can BUY THE UNLOCK DLC if you want to be competitive. This is literally paying to win.

This is supposed to be a sim game, or at least a racing game. You know, a game about driving properly. I won't get into the complaints about drifting, even though every single one of them is true. Casual drifting can be fun, unless of course you were expecting a realistic racing sim.

The problem is drifting AND the horrible (fake) track design. Literally every single track is a series of long narrow straights connected by hairpins. They did include a few licensed circuits, carefully cherrypicked to follow this exact template. Why? Because you can drift more easily that way! Duh! Unfortunately it is also impossible to overtake people legitimately unless they crash because the roads are too narrow to accomodate two drifting cars and there is no such thing as braking points, only handbrake taps. The higher level your account, the further towards the back you start, meaning past a certain point you cannot possibly win races without playing rough (unless you're a level 2 newbie who spent €5 on the Veyron and get rewarded by starting in pole position).

At first some people regretted the lack of GRiD 1's demolition derby. Let's just say every online race is demolition derby whether you want to or not. Even if you don't play rough, someone else will, or a noob will crash in front of you and take you out in the process. There's an "impact rating" system which supposedly penalises dirty drivers. In reality, everyone knows by now how to hit people in such a way that the victim gets the penalty instead. Driving properly only to get blatantly (or even accidentally) plowed off the road and take a time penalty for corner cutting and a hit to your impact rating is so enjoyable. How to win touge events: get a fast accelerating car, get ahead before the first corner, then mash the brakes and intentionally crash into your opponent at the corner, he gets DQ'd for rough driving because you braked and he didn't. That's it.

To further demonstrate CM's priorities, there is no text chat on PC (console port), instead everyone's mic is always on and you can only mute them between races; however there are detailed leaderboards... for your friends list only. Because social gaming and Facebook YO DUUUUDE.

What a waste. Thanks, Ken Block.
  58. Aug 19, 2014
    This is the game that made me lose all respect for Codemasters and their ability to make good racing games. I've been a fan of Race Driver games and TOCA's since I can remember.
    I can't convince myself to even bother with GRID Autosport since I've lost faith in Codemasters and would rather look at other developers who have proved to remain consistent throughout the years.
    GRID 2
    encourages you to drift, something that every single other Race Driver game before it has told you NOT to do. GRID 2 has terrible physics, it feels as though the cars are in a pin-ball machine. GRID 2 online is a gathering of people who bump you off the road, without being penalized for it, and then call it racing.
    GRID 2 is the last time I'll ever pre-order a game and it is barely worth the plastic of the DVD it was printed on.
  59. Aug 31, 2013
    This isn't like the original GRID at all. The graphics have not at all improved since the original, and no special effort seems to have been made in improving the graphics on PC. Buildings are blocky, textures aren't high-res and there is too much texture repetition. Perhaps the game has been limited by the static console platforms, but as a PC user it's disappointing to see that little has changed. In actual fact, it seems like a step-down when you consider that the view was removed from the game. The new handling system seems even more arcadey, which is another disappointment as this is what differentiated GRID from other arcade racing games. The actual racing experience is incredibly boring. There doesn't seem to be any background music during racing and the menu music is incredibly dull. It does nothing to excite the user, leading to a very boring experience. The driver AI is also very robotic, and pales in comparison to the AI seen in other games, like the Need for Speed SHIFT series.
    They've also introduced this ridiculous concept whereby winning events will garner 'fans' and likes on social media sites. I really don't want to see some made-up YouTube comments written in txtspeak. Boring. The in-game menu system is also boring, and is too similar to other Codemasters games. The whole game just reeks of staleness, there is nothing fresh here, just tired concepts re-done. About the only thing I think has improved in this game is the lighting system, but it seems that in order to do that other aspects of the game suffered (such as the lack of a view). Even the track locations are stale many of the cities have been done before in other racing games, and again the amount of tracks is minuscule compared to the likes of NFS Shift. All in all, the game is turning out to be a big disappointment and will make a regrettable purchase. In fairness, I'm basing this on around 1-2 hours of gameplay, but I struggle to see how things will get better. Perhaps things will get better, but it will be a chore to get there.
  60. Jul 3, 2013
    I loved this game!
    The handling is very good for an arcade game and the graphics are amazing!!!!
    Why didn't I give it a 10??
    Because I just hate the fact a $50 dollar game has a lot of DLC!!!
    Give DLCs for free or don't make DLCs!!!!!

But,... the game is amazing!!!!
  61. May 30, 2013
    Horribly disappointing arcade "racing" game dumbed down to the maximum possible level. Lowest common denominator gaming at its worst, and a real let-down from Codemasters.

The main problem is the handling. I understand this is an arcade game, but this should have been labelled as a drifting game rather than a racing game. Cars handle exactly the same as one another, so there's little
    point selecting a different vehicle, and the fastest way around any corner is always a 4-wheel drift, defying physics and common sense at any opportunity.

I have played a great deal of racing games, including arcade games like Blur, Mario Kart and the Need for Speed series, as well as more sim-based titles like the RACE series, Forza, Gran Turismo and iRacing. I am familiar with different handling models, from arcade through to simulation, and the different characteristics and properties of the various car configurations, power levels, and drivetrains. GRID spectacularly misses all of these and applies the exact same "drift" model to every car, with small tweaks to acceleration and top speed.

All of the aforementioned games are a great deal of fun for a variety of reasons, but GRID 2 seems to deliberately attempt to suck the fun out of the game at every turn. The AI drivers are absolutely moronic (but that's nothing new for a racing game) and regularly take corners impossibly fast, or idiotically slowly. The rubber banding is woefully obvious, and promotes no-skill driving. You can race as hard as you like in second place and watch the car in front stay in front, then ease off, relax into a few corners, and not see the car pull away. Conversely, despite picking your way through the entire pack, you can make your way into first place, only to have the second place driver somehow find some extra speed and keep up with you.

Collision physics is also way off. Cars regularly stick to one another like glue, and only become detached when colliding with the track edges. Damage appears all over the car regardless of the place that made contact with the obstacle.

Infuriatingly (although the first GRID also had this problem), you always start near the back of the grid, meaning that on the tighter circuits, it is a mad scramble to bash people out of the way to get to the front, because if you attempt to race cleanly, the race is over before you can get there.

Live routes, the system by which the course changes randomly each time you play it, is an absolute disaster and only contributes to the misery of playing the game. There is no minimap in this mode, and no possibility to learn the circuit, so you are just guessing going into every corner. The best racing drivers (in the real world) are consistent and precise and spend a great deal of time getting to know each and every corner. When it's impossible to know what the corner is going to be like, the parallels to the real world disappear, as does the immersion, and this, again, might as well be a drift simulator.

The graphics are very pretty indeed and the game does run smoothly, although far too much time has been spent on the environments, since no driver is going to be looking at those while playing. Time could have been better spent on the damage modelling instead here. The environmental sounds and the engine noises are impressive, but the announcer is highly irritating. The first time I took to a particular track, I was told I needed to improve my sector 1 times, because I was slow, despite it being my first time ever in that sector and just come off the grid.

Gone are the large fields of cars from the original GRID, as is the co-driver system, and any concept of money. Gone is the freedom to choose an event from a decent selection; instead the game forces you down prescribed choices in order to enhance the story, which should not be the game's focus, yet manages to dominate regardless.

All of the above is replaced by the insipid, vile "dudebroism" that insists the most important things in the world are gaining fans, 4-wheel sliding into every corner, and "rad" performances. Almost every in-game sentence is followed by "man" or "bro", which is exactly the kind of thing I imagine might appeal to teenagers, but is a long shot from the Codemasters of old, who developed genuinely excellent games like TOCA Race Driver and Colin McRae Rally.

So, GRID 2 has been relegated to the same tragic fate as the DIRT series, where the emphasis is on doing handbrake turns in a supermarket car park in a stolen Vauxhall Nova, rather than the precise, cool -headed and skill-based mechanics of the earlier years.

Having read all of this, if you are after a simple arcade drift racing game that is easy to pick up and play and you're not bothered about having any depth or learning any actual racing skills, this title might just be perfect for you. For anybody on the simulation side of the racing fence, or anywhere near, this is a terrible buy, so wait for the Steam sale.
  62. Jun 2, 2013
    This is an arcade racing game and not a simulation!!! That was known in front of release! I played this game in SP and MP and its good to very good! I have seen only less unimporteant bugs its not normal in our time. I will have fun more time in this game
  63. Mar 9, 2014
    A disgrace for the grid franchise and Codemaster name, it's the worst game you released in the last 10 years, what happened to the great driving model in grid 1? you chose a drift 2 win model ,and it isn't as great as other drift 2 win games, the car lineup is great, graphics are great, so are the sounds but the gameplay is a miss, so i can't even give it a 5, an abysmall release from once my favourite publisher. Expand
  64. Jun 8, 2013
    Drift-obsessed arcade nonsense that is poorly ported to the pc. Game freezes or crashes to desktop. Multiplayer is awful with nothing more than collisions and ramming. To avoid this, the player must create a custom room and wait for others to join only to discover that leveling up in custom rooms is next to impossible since Codemasters (how dare they use that name!) has set XP in custom rooms to miniscule amounts. Far too many menus (typical of Codemasters) and a whole bunch time spent NOT racing. If you use a gaming wheel, you're at a huge disadvantage as the game's physics are clearly expecting the player to be flicking their thumbs across sticks and not turning a wheel. Skip this one if you care even the slightest about simulation. Expand
  65. May 31, 2013
    Grid 2 has some nice Graphics, nice Sound-effects, really good Performance (even on older systems) and very minor to no issues or Bugs in gameplay, BUT, Grid 2 isn´t Grid anymore. Why don´t the call it "Grid Driftdown" or something? Grid2 has nothing to do with realistic driving anymore because you have to drift every corner the whole race long. For sure, grid 1 was no pure racing simulation, but grid 2 has simply nothing do to with that. So if you are looking for a second Grid, you really shouldn´t buy Grid 2, you surely will be disappointed, if you´re looking for an aracde racer it could be for you, BUT games like burnout, flatout, split second etc. have way more to offer then grid 2. I have to agree with many others it´s just an arcade drifting racing thing. Expand
  66. May 31, 2013
    Codemasters are one of those devs who are cheating on Metacritic(here) to boost their game's overall user score with fake one-review-and-rating-history accounts. That makes the company even more pathetic than the fact that they were unable to decide which crowd they want to please in the very end arcade kids or sim people.

If GRID1 was almost a perfect combination of arcade and
    simulator features and had great balanced, you can forget that in GRID2, the infamous sequel. It's overly simplified, without proper physics, camera, has terrible car interiors and... is terrible overall, except visuals (they go old very fast, as the next racing games appear and tech moves forward).

Vote with your wallet and don't buy GRID2. This will probably help Codemasters learn form their mistakes.
  67. Jun 2, 2013
    GRID 2. This game symbolizes everything that is wrong with gaming to me personally. So many bad design decisions. This just proves to me the game industry isn't about what you know, IT'S WHO YOU KNOW. These people make some of the most god awful design decisions. The game industry is plagued by this developer inbreeding. Live Routes? Who the f!@# want's a live route in a god d@#$ racing game? You want to learn a damn track. So you can nail every corner.

This is Need For Speed with a GRID skin. What a joke Codemasters. I will never buy another one of your piece of s!@# games. EVERY one of Codemasters piece of games tries to infuse some type of fake pop culture elements into them. These elements come off as insulting. Granted, GRID 2 is not the worst offender of this, that title belongs to DIRT 3.

No view, no mirrors, just arcade s@#$. It's over the top arcade. What physics? Oh the damage modeling...What the f@#$ did I buy? Is this GRID 2 or Burnout?

The online is a nightmare, granted hey if people want to race and do nothing but wreck each other and can have fun. Hey good for them...This isn't my idea of fun on a racing game. None of the online modes cater to anyone looking for a clean driving experience.

Online Unlocks by level...What a damn joke..Hey here is a better idea. How about you group drivers based on an actual skill level AND WHEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A CAR...YOU F@#$%@! BUY IT...But no it's locked to level and Level 30's and Level 8's get grouped together. No real meaning behind that level besides "HEY LOOK AT THIS TIME SINK". The single player is crap, no reason to play it it's ultra dumb WSR league and fake pop culture BS, it would've made a little more sense to give people a reason to play through the campaign. If for example you could unlock stuff for online. Leaderboards for friends list only...Well gee not everyone has 30 friends to race with...Who made this call? HOLY F!@# what is wrong with Codemasters? Oh it's that developer inbreeding thing. Duh.

I'm being a little harsh but this entire past generation of gaming has been a complete storm of s@#$ with hail balls of frozen piss. Every developer and publisher breaks their product down to a numbers game. Add GRID 2 to this soulless pumped out for the masses S@#$. This game has no soul in it. No passion, nothing.

I haven't even really touched everything that is wrong with this game...I can't hate it enough.

With that said Need for Speed and Burnout fans will love this game. ENJOY it guys. You have WON. The days of good racing games are over.

F@#$ YOU CODEMASTERS.
  68. Jun 11, 2013
    Here is my take on the game..I am into simulators and do not like arcade games where the physics do not represent reality. I think part of what keep the player immersed on the experience is the simulation.
    I have drove more than 2000 miles on these game and can tell that it a good one. Graphics are stunning..just look at screen shots and videos..the physics are 80% there..that's why I
    gave a 8. Sound is good hand break works as supposed to..I would like to have horn. So if you want my opinion if you should buy the game or not..go ahead..it is worth the money..
    Lots of reviews here I bet played did not drove 100 miles on it..to say the game sucks..it takes some time until you get the hang of it..and also to adjust the Logitech G25 took me some time also. Have fun and see u there.!

LovaLova69.
  69. Nov 30, 2013
    Looks pretty, that is about it. The game at the start is real easy, but steps over challenging to frustrating. It ramps up the fake difficulty to insane heights, because they can't be bothered to actually work on the AI.

You always start at the back of the pack. ALWAYS. The AI will rubber band up to you and lick your bumper to the finish if you get in front. The AI is more concerned
    with blocking you then beating the guy ahead of them. If you don't get into first quickly, it is impossible, just restart the race and try again, and again, and again... Expand
  70. Aug 16, 2014
    At first I was unsure of this game because the car handaling was very slipery but after getting used to it i found that the races are very fun.The AI is good, and it is very satisfing to pull of high speed drifts. The campaign is ok, you collect fans intsead of money but who cares its all about winning races. At first this was weird but in the long run it was better as you try to beat new records. My only problem are the menus as they are slow and awful. Expand
  71. May 28, 2013
    This game is not good. What car actually handles like this? If you are going to make an arcade style racer then do that. This in between non committal approach is simply boring. Really sad that I paid $44 for this.
  72. May 31, 2013
    I didn't expect a sim but a cross between sim and arcade like GRID. Man, was I disappointed. I have spent the last few days logging massive hours into this game and its nothing but wonky AI and drift, drift, drift. I am done pre-ordering games and I expected so much more than this. The best thing it has going for it is pretty graphics but that will never make up for lousy game play. I won't even get started on the social media concept of leveling with fans, ugh. Expand
  73. Sep 14, 2013
    Codemasters pulled off a solid arcade racer with a dose of realism.
    These sub 6-ratings are unrealistic and given mostly out of some form of frustration.
    However the original Grid is still a superior game in terms of balance between game and racing simulation.
    8/10 with an extra half point to balance the ridiculously low ratings.
  74. Jul 19, 2013
    Quite possibly the worst racing game ever made. Based on reviews I was expecting somewhat arcadey physics, but this takes it to a whole new level and makes "Need for Speed" feel like a professional F1 simulator.

You pretty much just plant your foot on the accelerator and vaguely steer. Come in to a corner to quick? No problem! Your car can pull up from 200mph in about 30 meters. But who
    needs to brake anyway just drift your way around ithe corner. Failed that? You'll just bounce off the railing and keep going.

*** you can win this game by simply planting your foot on the accelerator and not touching the steering wheel ***

There's no redeeming qualities. No upgrade path you're simply a car and a track and told to go by an annoying voiceover.

Don't make the same mistake I did avoid this game. There's no fun to be had.

This is a low point for racing games, and a perfect example of what's wrong with the Genre today.
  75. Jun 29, 2013
    All in all a good arcade racer! How anyone can say the original looks better than v2 released 5 years later are clueless and, or have a system not capable of running todays games. The game looks vastly superior to the original and is on par with recently released racing games. Yeah, the original for it's time looked awesome, and it was a groundbreaker in PC arcade style racers for many years. Get over your preconceptions.

The only reason I can gather that anyone would rate this title below a 5 is because they're getting owned by AI and, or multi-player. I also think people simply won't give the game the time it takes to pass the learning curve to be good at racing in Grid 2. That's always an issue with such blockbusters and their future release(s). People simply won't give up on their point of view because of the first game and give the game the time it requires to get past their preconceptions and start having fun.

Sure v2 had it's problems upon launch with no rhyme or reason the the system. So, it became hard for the average user to try and diagnose, or provide a solution. A couple of patches later, new gfx card drivers released and so on have made the game much more stable. Me and many other's are still having a lot of fun online even though the cap is currently lvl30. I managed to beat career mode in very hard setting without too many complications. I simply had to re-run some races to get my 1st place finish because I wasn't familiar with the tracks and, or cars yet (I accept nothing less than 1st place in single player and re-ran several maps until I achieved my goal). Very hard settings helped because when I started playing online I had one up on many of the player base because, after all learning the tracks and a feel for the cars handling is more than half the battle with any racer.
  76. May 29, 2013
    I expected a better GRID. A game where the took in account the critics they got on the Original game. This is now a no-brain racing arcade game for kids.
  77. May 28, 2013
    Great game if you love rubberbanding AI, unrealistic casual driving physics, social media, drifting around every corner in any car, permanent traction control+abs, no in-car camera, no team management, and zero challenge.
  78. May 31, 2013
    Sadly this game is mediocre at best. First GRID was best racening game, so good that I was waiting for Grid2 and passed first Grid game in anticipation last month. It was great. Now, in short my problems with Grid 2: - it feels less real, both in terms of racing meta world and racing itself - there is no money, you can't buy cars, you get them from sponsors trough events which feels weird
    - instead of money you have a fan base, and you do not manage anything about your carrier, feels like you are some attention whore who is spin by managers
    - weirdly Grid 2 looks worse then first Grid in terms of graphics o_0 especially replays and flashback key features of the game were watered down somehow, especially flashback ;(

All in all Grid Grid 2
    I am even doubting that same team with same passions was doing this game, it feels completely different, as if different studio was asked to do it
  79. Jun 9, 2013
    GRID 2 is a simply game that you do not want to play. I have played Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, they were both average games, not too good, not too bad, but average. I was really excited to play GRID 2 as I heard good words about it.

When it was finally released, first few levels were cool. Drifting with old muscle car, great graphics, great optimization, challenging AI. I really liked that
    Mustang and after it that Dodge. But then, when i have finished first WSR and past to second league, everything started to become really bad.

AI is so stupid, but the worst part is: This is not an "Racing" game, this is more like arcade action "Drifting" game with lots of crap put into it. Every car, from Ford Mustang to Nissan GT-R is drifting in corners. And that's the only way to make a turn. Later it becomes more boring, races become longer and everything makes less sense.

Only thing that I really like in this game is optimization. Graphics is awesome, as well is optimization of the game.

Seriously, I don't know what market were Codemasters targeting on. This game could be fun only to little 5 10 year old children, but I think that drifting is too complex for them. HUGE disappointment from Codemasters.
  80. Jun 25, 2013
    Fantastic graphics that's all that's good about the game.
    The worst thing about this game is the A.I they are absolute bell ends when going around corners they P.I.T me every time it's so annoying and when you hit them they stay on track without budging. This always seems to happen right at the of races so that you can lose.
    I absolutely hate games like this unless they sort it out I
    won't be playing it again. Expand
  81. Jul 29, 2013
    Good graphics, but disgusting physics. If you think physics this is a moving boxes on wheels. Badly implemented multiplayer, which does not go to any comparison with the giants autosim iRacing and rFactor.
  82. Aug 31, 2013
    i dont understand how codemaster made this game without the inside camera, it´s an unreal game, a child game. I thought it would be like grid1 which I like a lot but codemaster seems to have forgotten the most important aspect about racing games nowadays, without that feature the game becomes arcade and boring. It is a shame that codemaster instead of making better job they are making just garbage just to make kids happy. Grid 2 is a total No view. therefore it sucks. Expand
  83. Mar 14, 2014
    Worst racing game I bought in a long time. They took everything that was good in grid and put the opposite of that in this game.

You can take corners full speed, the driving is to arcade it looks like the piece of sh*t EA is putting out year after year with NFS.

Yet another franchise butchered thanks codebasterds.
  84. Jun 1, 2013
    Great graphics. Everyhing else... no joy. At least not for me. It's an arcade title, and make no mistake about that. It's probably a great game for many people, but fans of sims, should probably just stay away. Besides, it has the same problems all the other Codemasters games seem to have, namely not being able to move the wheel an inch without the car spinning to oblivion. I guess I'll wait for Project CARS for the next disappointment... Expand
  85. Dec 9, 2013
    I was really looking up to this game, the first installment "GRID" was near perfect, the menu was great, there were teams, sponsors, cars customization, and best of all the slow motion damage. I'm sad to say that most of those features have been either removed or downgraded. Plain simple: 1. Cars have less visual damage. 2. The new "Replay" feature has been completely downgraded to the point where all you can do is watch a clip play and click play.
    3. The new menu is pale, there is no better way to say it.
    4. There are no more teams like there was in GRID.
    5. Instead of sponsors and cash there is something new called "FANS", since when do fans mean anything?

This should have been GRID (1), and the other way around. I hope the Codemasters team learn from their mistakes.

Since this is more of a comparison than a review, I'm giving it 7 stars. As a game on it's own it is still fun to play and I prefer it over the NFS games, so should you.
  86. May 28, 2013
    This should have been titled GRID 2: Ultimate Drift. Despite the car you choose, its class or rating, you will have to master drifting through corners. The handling of the vehicles alone make the game unplayable. If you think that you are going to brake hard, powerslide/accelerate through a corner, think again. 9 times out of 10, you will lose control and most likely spin out. Unless Codemasters patches the controls/physics, GRID 2 will remain a disaster. No amount of cars, tracks, or DLC will change that. Expand
  87. May 28, 2013
    Very sad day. I have played two full nights now and this really feels like a step down from my much beloved original GRID. Sure the graphics are better and the interface is slightly more modern, but the game seems to be made to appeal to a younger console generation of gamers who think drifting is the way to get a car around a track quickly. You realize you might be playing the wrong game when you get an achievement for "T3XT M3SSAG1NG I5 GR8"…are you kidding me?

The game gets 3 stars because I am still playing it after being so disappointed, so there is some fun to be had, but frankly I do well in races by bashing my way around the track…forget finding the perfect apex for a corner.

In addition, there is immediately $23.96 worth of DLC that it seems you must buy to get all the courses/cars. $45 was too much for this game. I already feel ripped off because they put the GRID label on a game that is more like Need For Speed, no way I am spending more money on this disaster.
  88. May 29, 2013
    Le jeu aurait pu être bien mais il contient des bugs, des contrôles vraiment affreux et des DLC la sortie.

Cela me dégoute!

____

The game could have been great but the bugs, aweful controls and day 1 DLC just disgust me.
  89. May 29, 2013
    Don't expect a hardcore simulator nor an arcade racer. It us truly both and really shines because of this. Being a sim racing fan, I was a little concerned about the lack of in-car cam, but Codemasters did such a nice job on the rest of the game that I didn't miss it at all. The handling mechanics makes this game something truly special. It is what it's supposed to be relatively easy to get up and started, but extremely difficult to master. Game well done! The single player mode lacks a little if compared to the original Grid 1, but online multiplayer gives you thrills you surely haven't felt yet. "It's all about the race" lives up to it's hype. It is really that good! Won't give it a ten because of a few glitches here and there (stuttering in some tracks and some severe slowdowns in some races, even with a core-i7 3720M and a GTX680M), and also because of a so and so single player. Anyway, if you are an avid sim racing fan or just plainly like racing games, don't miss this one out. It is simply amazing! Expand
  90. May 29, 2013
    GRID 2 is finally here, and it is an insanely fun and enjoyable game. For those of you who are expecting a full car simulation game, you will be extremely dissapointed since the handling of the cars is very "arcadey". For those who not, you will have a blast playing this game through the career mode, but even more through the multiplayer, which is awesome.
    For me the worst thing about the
    game is that it has lots of dlcs on day one, but oh well, it is coinmasters... Expand
  91. May 29, 2013
    This game is terrible compared to the first one. No money to buy cars you unlock them with challenges. BORING....... All about social media career about youtube fans and so on. What happened to the real racing simulator thru classes? Wish they went more down line of the original than this. But one thing i do hate is the terrible arcade racer fill, Car physics are terrible even for an arcade game. AI are terrible they just pit you most of the time and when you try to pit them you spin out of control. Its like you are racing against Tanks.

For me i will be going back to the original frid as this is just a poor arcade racer with fancy graphics.

If you like silly arcade racers that you can drift round every corner no matter what this is for you.

I would avoid this game if you are a pc gamer its set up for a more casual console gamer.
  92. May 29, 2013
    Ok i tried to be fair with this after buying this game i feel somewhat let down i asked alot of questions beforehand on twitter before getting this game an i kind of feel lied to. This game to me is just not fun it does not beat the previous grid and almost feels like it was a dumbed down version of that besides having the no view to fit more in stance, The graphics to me actually look worse then a previous codemasters games im comparing this to dirt 2 dirt 2 on dx11 looks amazing to me grid 2 is all environment details and the cars are significantly less detailed, The damage system cars break away all too easy and almost feel like they are made out of paper compaired to dirt 2's damage system the cars in that game feel way more solid... i crashed several times into the wall to test it out and majority of the time the same damage happened or it just looked ridiculous and not good to look at even as being damage... Compare dirt 2 and grid 2 after about the same level impact http://imageshack.us/a/img832/8935/2013053000004.jpg scratches appear everywhere no matter what you hit most of the time... i duno it just looks half assed to me..

While i wont completely rubbish this game some good things about it where live routes driving with them on made one of my races alot more interesting not getting use to the same layout and keeping things mixed up playing with the ai on hard i will give them this.

Livery editor... yeah its there and it works but the way its designed is poor for some stupid reason by some comedic genius decided when selecting a livery it would give you the options at the bottom of the screen to go through while the camera of your car stays static zoomed into the bonnet so you cant see what the hell you are doing unless you press the view car option which takes time to load and get out of when you can see the livery changing dynamically already the view should be side on NOT zoomed into the bonnet.. its frustrating and almost made me not want to customize any of my cars. Screenshot ****

Handling to me all cars feel the same you are either going sideways or not going sideways every corner or if you don't want to be going sideways every corner you are anyway. It is very arcade and because of this i am already sort of bored of the game and i only just got it today and have played it for about 5 hours.

All in all the environments look nice to me the car details are severely lacking i feel like they went all out on the world detail and less on the cars a graphics option was for trees on ultra like really im barely going to notice anything besides the road in front of me i cant give this game a 9 or a 10 i cant give it a 0 either because that would be wrong codemasters will not care what i say because the main reviewers just gave them high scores anyway i have been playing Dirt 2 for the last 2 weeks and i feel it is a much better game then grid 2 even though it lacks alot of the good things from grid like customization more car verity and it is a rally game not a road racer so i shouldn't compare them to me it just looks and handles a lot better.

With that said im giving grid 2 a 6 out of 10 yeah some things are improved but to me its just a bit of a flat meh experience driving felt dull to me for some reason i was lead to believe via twitter it was to be some amazing game i just wish i didn't pay 70$ for.
  93. May 29, 2013
    I dont know what you are when you like this game, but you seriously should get yourself checked out if you do so. So let's start;
    1. The game is no challenge whatsoever, even the hardest level is too easy if you know a bit how to drive and know a thing or two about racing.
    2. The AI is too easy and stupid, the racing lines they drive are incorrect and their braking points are so early
    that you are sure to slam into the back of your opponents.
    3. The races are boring.
    4. The tracks are boring.
    5. You are 'racing' your car for a reason so stupid.
    6. You dont have to drive for anything, everything is handed for you.
    7. The career mode is even shorter than it was in Showdown and before.
    8. This LiveRoutes system has to be the most retarded thing anyone could think of. It isnt a challenge, it is an annoyance.
    9. You can only customise your car with a few ugly, dumb looking patterns.
    10. €20,- of Day 1 DLC, seriously?
    11. It is nothing more than a DiRT2/3/Showdown only with less content.

I really looked forward to this and was hopeful that it was a fresh breath for Codies, but nope. This is probably the worst racing game ever, it is just a little more fun than doing nothing. I wanted to give it a 3, but the €20,- of Day 1 DLC Adds another black mark to this game.

I really feel sorry for the people that actually enjoy this game...
  94. May 29, 2013
    When i realized the game got rid of in car view I lost all interest; good graphics though. This would have been such a better game if they kept the same formula.
  95. May 30, 2013
    The physics feel like this game was ported from a phone, not a console. I loved Race Driver Grid but they removed the Race and the Driver throughout the game.
    The damage is a complete joke. There is just a traction control sign when your car gets severely damaged. The cars have nothing to adjust. A gt3 race car without brake bias and full traction control.

The cars are rendered good.
    Exteriors are the only thing you can see of course, but that wouldn't have ruined the game for me if it was rewarding to play. I don't mind that some opponents drive brashly, but I don't like getting penalized for corner cutting as a result.

The game overall is the worst driving game I have purchased in numerous years. I own the whole codie collection and after they replaced Colin with Ken Block I should have known that they were going for a "different market".

I actually preferred the simulation feel in need for speed the run. It's honestly that disappointing.

Testers notes: G27 Wheel auto sequential mostly H-pattern (which is mappable). Played career until Europe, Played online until I got dnq'd because a person drove into me in a hairpin and I caused an accident.
  96. Jun 1, 2013
    I thought this was going to be driving sim game. there is no sim in this game at all. you have no control of anything mechanical. you can change the paint on the cars that is about it. the actual driving is terrible. touch the brakes and you drift left off the gas you drift. stay on the gas you drift.

In the end I will say it simply. I feel ripped off.
  97. May 30, 2013
    The game is exactly what it should be: a great sequel of GRID. Please ignore all the ignorant persons that bought this game thinking it was a simulator, it's pretty clear that there's something wrong with their IQ.
    Now, the game feels like a "2.0" version of the old GRID, graphics have been improved, there are way more cars to choose from and each one feels and drive differently. The AI
    in single player is fairly good, even though i think that it was a little bit better in grid 1, there's a lack of aggressiveness here, but if you play in the highest difficulty (pro) you can expect a nice challenge, and you'll have to deal with the fact that you'll not win every single race. I'm not going to talk a lot about multiplayer, because i just started it, but i've got to say that for me it's one of the best looking multiplayer experiences ever (for a racing game), and definitely the most fun.
    The lack of view is a big deal for me, but it didn't ruin the experience at all.
  98. May 30, 2013
    This has got to be one of the worst racing games made. Its actually a downgrade from the original GRID, don't expect anything good out of this game. The physics are a joke, all cars feel like the tires are glued to the road and you can fly around corners at a very unrealistic speed. A.I is very dull, has no replay value. Don't waste your money, Stick to console for racing games. This one is a complete joke. 1/10 Expand
  99. May 31, 2013
    My review is hardly any different to any one else's, they've apparently downgraded the gameplay to 'super casual' and done away with what they did brilliantly in the first GRID.
  100. May 31, 2013
    Grid 2 Arcade Racer.

If you want real simulation racing either take up iracing and their outdated software and silly price structure or wait for something else. Grid 2 is not terrible but it's geared towards the Arcade crowd, and not towards serious racers.

1. Jul 8, 2013
    Grid 2 is an accomplished and visually strong racer let down only by a bafflingly lame Career mode narrative.
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    Every situation in GRID 2 feels the same, and there is a reason. Having collected more than 50 cars in my virtual garage, I can’t point out my favorite ones – they all behave the same way, without any distinctive quirks of ‘character’. And locations that repeat ad nauseum only make this feeling worse.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    GRID 2 is an action-packed and intense experience, where the cars behave like in a Hollywood movie. It is an entertaining arcade racer, but there are a few flaws. The AI is weak, the number of tracks should be higher and the game is too simplified in a few areas.