8.8

1. Jul 1, 2014
    This is what an ARPG should look and feel like. The game is still in alpha, but it already feels like an AAA dungeon crawler. The graphics are good (not BF4, but great for being Kickstarted on $500k, and better than D3 and PoE, in my opinion). The best feature of this game is it's not tedious, as many other ARPGs are, even from the start. Great environments, love the skill system, try it out!
  2. Aug 14, 2014
    It's a great game even now that it is in early acces. Keeping in mind love Titan Quest and everybody who loves that game for it's gameplay and character progression will love this too. If you're looking for the same setting, well you wont find it here. In my opinion TQ had the best character building in an A-rpg. Diablo 3 is nice but you can't just make the character you want with theIt's a great game even now that it is in early acces. Keeping in mind love Titan Quest and everybody who loves that game for it's gameplay and character progression will love this too. If you're looking for the same setting, well you wont find it here. In my opinion TQ had the best character building in an A-rpg. Diablo 3 is nice but you can't just make the character you want with the skills you want like you can in TQ and Grim Dawn. Ofcourse when you are looking for a full fletched experience you should wait a bit. But if you love the above mentioned then you should get of this website and buy the game. In extension supporting crate entertainment which is nice since it's such a small deticated team. Expand
  3. Nov 1, 2014
    I waited so long for a game from the creators of Titan Quest series and unfortunately, no game was developed and released but i wanted it to be done so much. Of course this game can not be like TQ and it's impossible to compare but ı think it is worth to try just for these dear developers ;)
  4. Nov 27, 2014
    It truly is an excellent follow up of Titan Quest. I have to say it is likely going to be one of the best ARPG co-op games on the market.

It has excellent longevity through tiered difficulties, and a great loot system with improvements. If you love the hack n slash RPGs, you will have this in your collection.
  5. Jun 19, 2014
    This game is awesome! I have played many ARPGS such as the renown Diablo 3 and PoE; I must say that I love Grim Dawn. The action feels so GOOD so powerful. Get this game
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    The excellence of Titan Quest, improved! You can almost feel the hits. Spells intercepting projectiles/spells make it feel like you are dueling with magic. The graphics are excellent, the sound is great. Fantastic addition to action-RPGs.
  7. Nov 24, 2013
    A great hack and slash game, even though it's still in alpha at the time of this review. The combat is fun, the skills are interesting, and the dual class system is pretty sweet. I look forward to seeing what Crate does with this game, it has a lot of potential to be a great game.
  8. May 5, 2014
    This game is better than Titans Quest. And for the dark,creepy atmosphere,it goes way-further from Diablo 3.
    I always love Diablo 2 and Grim Dawn is like a next step frpm D2 (for my opinion). There are still some lag problem here and there but,as they said it's keep improving every day,so I don't mind. The graphic is great, the music really good and the design's genius!

love it!
  9. May 17, 2014
    Very fun game, act 3 is on the way. Excellent game designer team who are very responsive to their supporters. If you are an ARPG fan, watch some game play videos and see for yourself. The factions / impacting decisions is going to set this apart from the others in a good way.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    Simple as this, if You played and enjoyed Titan Quest You will enjoy this game.

It like a transition made from Torchlight to Torchlight 2. Things are improved, gameplay is even more fun.
  11. Nov 12, 2013
    The process of killing monsters itself is fun. Very important thing for ARPG.
    In addition, dark setting, detailed armour models, atmospheric sceneries. Item system and stats system are also interesting.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    For an early release this game is very polished. The graphics are good. The skill system seems good too. the quests could be made a bit easier to find on the map like they are in D3. And it's not another generic fps clone like all the clone of duty and fps games, which is always a bonus
  13. Aug 9, 2014
    For a game still in Alpha, it's Awesome. I like it way more than Diablo 3 and anyone that's a fan of Diablo 2 or Titan Quest should pick this up. I love making different characters and seeing what new type of build I can make from the skill trees and different classes that you can combine. Game is pretty easy to get into also and the combat is really fast paced for just butchering mobs ofFor a game still in Alpha, it's Awesome. I like it way more than Diablo 3 and anyone that's a fan of Diablo 2 or Titan Quest should pick this up. I love making different characters and seeing what new type of build I can make from the skill trees and different classes that you can combine. Game is pretty easy to get into also and the combat is really fast paced for just butchering mobs of monsters. The Soldier skills make combat pretty exciting and flashy with cleaves and hacks, Just hope they add some more combat animations for people that shoot pistols/rifles and rework some of the caster issues. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2014
    What D3 should of been like... the way this game is taking shape looks spot on the only thing i can say is development is a bit slow, but quality is there... Nice graphics, multiplayer, 360 degree camera and most importantly the game is lots of fun. the looting system is the best and the fact that uniques can roll different attributes gives this amazing replay value. Recommended for all Arpg fans
  15. Jun 29, 2014
    i was waiting 6 man company could make better with time.
    But the 7 year old engine seems not have grown. noticing the high price, its way too old now :(
    i rather put my hours to Baldur's Gate then.
    / i wish i didnt wait this so long >-< .
  16. Jun 29, 2014
    Dayym! great potential lost in looong development time!
    Lets see: we have modern game engines with decent amount of players online, often 100,000 compared to this 200 of this game. -SO THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH =O for really old game engine.
    -Yes Still looks nice, even old graphics and clumsy animations. NEED PLAYERS ONLINE to mp game to survive = so i would want to put my time to learn
    Dayym! great potential lost in looong development time!
    -Yes Still looks nice, even old graphics and clumsy animations.
    NEED PLAYERS ONLINE to mp game to survive = so i would want to put my time to learn skills on this game . when game die u cant enjoy your skills in it :'d
  17. Feb 17, 2015
    Update after about 60 hours of gameplay.. Even better!! I have had a chance to really put the game through its' paces, and I am having even more of a blast than in the early stages. It remains a direct descendant of Titan Quest, but one that improves just about every detail. The engine is great, trouble-free in my case, and serves up a real feeling of place and scale. The maps are varied,Update after about 60 hours of gameplay.. Even better!! I have had a chance to really put the game through its' paces, and I am having even more of a blast than in the early stages. It remains a direct descendant of Titan Quest, but one that improves just about every detail. The engine is great, trouble-free in my case, and serves up a real feeling of place and scale. The maps are varied, the mobs are varied, and it's all about balanced mechanics and stats, which is a legacy of the refined mechanics of Titan Quest.. The pace is non-stop, and the fun is mindless bashing of all things mutated and horrific.
    Just last night I reached the NPC telling me i have reached the limit of the current content, and I have about 20% the region undiscovered, so I can assume that it will be relatively easy mopping up the remaining denizens of the other dimension that have oozed, crawled, stomped, and flown out of the aether.
    Upping the score to a 9 from my original 8, and anxiously hoping for more content. I had great fun with this, and the real proof of the craft is that the game is entirely seamless in presentation. I found no flaws throughout, and jumped right in a'swingin' until the end of Act 3. Rollicking good times indeed. This is as good as hack'n'slash gets. Way better product than most "finished"games out there, this is good gaming done right. I had so much fun I simply forgot to try multiplayer, but I'm sure others on Metacritic can attest to that aspect of the game.
  18. Dec 10, 2014
    Titan Quest is probably the best isometric ARPG and still healthy in its 3D engine with hard-mod toolset and a clever single character (male or female) growing through classes and dual classes, in a solid constant action with rewarding loot and crafting system. This masterpiece was cancelled so the developers founded Crate to continue its successor and finally we have Titan Quest 2, calledTitan Quest is probably the best isometric ARPG and still healthy in its 3D engine with hard-mod toolset and a clever single character (male or female) growing through classes and dual classes, in a solid constant action with rewarding loot and crafting system. This masterpiece was cancelled so the developers founded Crate to continue its successor and finally we have Titan Quest 2, called Grim Dawn! It evolved nicely changing the bronze-age to dark gothic, with destructible scenarios in a sandbox world; the skills were evolving too making them even more useful and graphics also were updated greatly. Considering I still playing Titan Quest modded and this successor is more of the same and improved, evidently it will still be my main ARPG for much longer. Expand
  19. Jan 18, 2015
    This is without a doubt, my favorite action rpg released of all time. I can't believe a masterpiece such as this game is finally before us. We as action rpg gamers needed this.
  20. Mar 14, 2015
    Great game, exactly what I have been looking for. I have been playing PC games for many years, recently got tired of the mmo scene, tried out a few new games but they didn't really hold be attention or keep me interested, Grim Dawn is awesome. Dual class is so cool, creates so many ways to play the game! You got to try it!

There are no critic reviews yet.