5.9

1. Nov 2, 2013
    Graphically this is a good game, and I think that's about all good there is about it Basically, it's just a DOTA2 clone that you have to pay for (and pay a lot when you want all DLC!), with the difference that DOTA2 has way better gameplay. Not to mention, the amount of characters to pick from I think is low, as well as the amount of skills. Only good thing (compared with DOTA2) is thatGraphically this is a good game, and I think that's about all good there is about it Basically, it's just a DOTA2 clone that you have to pay for (and pay a lot when you want all DLC!), with the difference that DOTA2 has way better gameplay. Not to mention, the amount of characters to pick from I think is low, as well as the amount of skills. Only good thing (compared with DOTA2) is that in GoME you can at least make your own skills for your character, while in DOTA2 they're locked per character.

Honestly, if I knew it was THIS MUCH a DOTA2 clone I never would have bought it at all and stick with DOTA2 itself instead. Since DOTA2 is fully Free2Play, you also have more players to play with and compete against as well.

And lore..? I've read some reviews that it's good to lore... ROFLLOLWTFBBQ. There's no Tolkien lore at all in GoME aside from the names of the characters. If GoME was REALLY close to the lore, then magic and magic items would be VERY RARE to start with, making it almost impossible to play this game in the first place.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    Multiplayer strategy that's played by no one? Something's rotten in this Middle-Earth. And it's really not much of a surprise, given the game's poor execution and steep price. [Nov 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 16, 2013
    A messed up PC port of an interesting console title. The game is horribly unresponsive when you use mouse and keyboard, the connection lags are awful and it’s hard to find people to play with. [11/2013, p.86]
  3. Oct 1, 2013
    A streamlined, easy to understand MOBA for those looking for an entry point to the genre.