5.9

1. Sep 1, 2013
    I have been PC gaming since 1992, and am having a ton of fun with this game!
    What is all the whining and complaining about?
    I have had hardly any lag at all and no DC's....I don't care about comparisons to LoL and DoTA, because frankly if I liked those 2 games I would be playing them instead.
    I have been playing with KB and mouse, the graphics are beautiful, the game is fun, the voice overs are great.
    My only complaint is that half the players in each game are usually the AI bots, due to lack of players.
    To be honest with you, I could care less....some of the AI bots are better than the real players.
    I played this game all day yesterday, and plan to keep playing, and if that is against 100% AI bots? Then fine. I am having a blast all the same.
    I guess, it is today's gaming generation? They seem to complain about everything.
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    Well, it seems a good game because it has a good story, good graphics, one different and revolutionary MOBA, good characters and excellent audio.
    The only bad thing: it's not free
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    The Tolkien lore is great, with cool characters from JRR Tolkiens Middle Earth, which is the grandfather of all Fantasy universes, of which other game worlds just rip off from.
    Minimal support should not be bad for a game that is starting.
  4. Sep 13, 2013
    This console-designed MOBA based upon the magnificent creation of JRR Tolkien it´s both satisfying and well recreated. A great introduction for newbies to the MOBA genre.
    Good model of characters
    Good graphics
    Good audio
    Lag -1/2
    No base characters -1/2
  5. Sep 13, 2013
    Really great game, anyone who like MOBA type games, MUST try this one. Everything is there to have a good time or to go competitive. If you've never tried MOBA games, this is a good opportunity to try it out, easy to learn.
    The lag can be solved with time.
  6. Sep 13, 2013
    Finally a great MOBA game for the console. Characters are varied and a lot of customization is available. The character balance is good and the developers are active and will correct anything that's out of balance.It's a steal for $19.99
    The problem:LAAAAAAAAG
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    I can now proudly add Guardians of Middle Earth for PC among my top MOBA games and I've been playing MOBA games since the first DotA came out in 2005. I've actually been playing games since the 80's but I digress. The original console version was developed by one of my favorite companies in the 90's, Monolith. Zombie Studios did a good job with the PC port. Here's the thing with this game; even though it's an entry level MOBA, the game itself is enjoyable, challenging and looks and feels LOTR coool! It feels like a mix of Demigod (can upgrade minions and towers) and LoL buy items to preload on belts to slightly boost character). The penalty for dying is just lost time....no lost coins. There is no shop during gameplay so you are just focusing on your fighting skills and map strategy instead of how well you micromanage (last hit, deny, etc.).

So just because it's different and simplified, doesn't mean it's bad. Look at recent XCOM for PC. There was some mixed reviews...and the negative ones were that they 'simplified it' so console players can enjoy it too. To me, there is nothing wrong if it is simplified as long as it is still challenging and fun. Sure the PC enthusiasts like myself love all that deep, detailed, micromanaging tasks but it doesn't always have to be like that when the game is already fun and challenging without the extra features. Sometimes other features are added instead to make it more enjoyable and challenging.

I've had no immediate bugs or lag that I noticed other than when I Alt-Tab out of it the Task Manager screen but issues arise with many games when that's done. I only have 2 gripes with my experience so far (and it doesn't ruin the gameplay at all): 1) the pre-loadout belts can't be named nor do they have 'mouse hover' pop-ups to see the description of the items on the belt. So you have to go back to the store and see what they are. I'm sure they will fix this as this was obviously missed. 2) The community is not that big yet because the poor marketing decision to charge $40 or $80 bucks for versions of the game when most of them are free or have converted to F2P model now. LoL, HON and Demigod did charge about $40 when they first launched but now is not the time to charge for a MOBA game when they know that people are attracted to the F2P model and people will be spending the $40 even $80 bucks as they play the game. I would give this game a 10 if they just fixed those two issues.
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    A refined competitive strategy game that combines the high-paced action of League of Legends with RPG elements to add depth and more strategy after endless games.
    LAG
    LAG
  9. Sep 18, 2013
    It's a good game and I see no reason to qualify it wrong. In xbox is a great game and also pc is slow but is strategic.
    The most frequent problem is the lag which can be solved
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    The best LOTR strategy game next to Battle for Middle Earth series. Even though this is not a hardcore strategy MOBA (no shop, no last hits, no denies, no courier) it is more of an arcade feel and successfully simplifies the game play by combining elements from other MOBAs like LOL and Demigod. You can pre-load "attribute" items with in-game coins you earn by winning matches (like LOL) and you can upgrade towers and minions during game play (like Demigod). Solid game, fun and challenging. The game needs more people to join in the fun. I hope they make the game F2P so it will attract more people, instead of charging people to play it initially (Well, there were a few MOBAs that charged initially to play it). It was on sale for $9.99 but I would buy it for no more than that. Expand

Multiplayer strategy that's played by no one? Something's rotten in this Middle-Earth. And it's really not much of a surprise, given the game's poor execution and steep price. [Nov 2013]
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    A messed up PC port of an interesting console title. The game is horribly unresponsive when you use mouse and keyboard, the connection lags are awful and it’s hard to find people to play with. [11/2013, p.86]
  3. Oct 1, 2013
    A streamlined, easy to understand MOBA for those looking for an entry point to the genre.