Guild Wars 2 PC

• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
7.9

1. Nov 12, 2015
    Updated review 11/12/2015 (~300 hours over a few years). This game is enjoyable, and it runs really well if you have decent hardware. I've enjoyed GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby. Pros: graphics, world, environment, music, combat system, pvp, wvw, dungeons. Cons: Story is confusing to understand and living story isUpdated review 11/12/2015 (~300 hours over a few years). This game is enjoyable, and it runs really well if you have decent hardware. I've enjoyed GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby. Pros: graphics, world, environment, music, combat system, pvp, wvw, dungeons. Cons: Story is confusing to understand and living story is confusing. Never tried to craft high-end items because it looked like a time sink. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2015
    Never before has an expansion been released so smoothly. The new areas are packed with content, the desired difficulty has been added, the story passes. It's beautiful, and added so much content to the core game that I'm still not sure what to do sometimes. :} Shame it took 8 months to get here, but eh.
  3. Oct 27, 2015
    The open world events are great and highly replayable. Elite specialzations are fun and add more build variety to the game. Zones are beautiful and intricate. I have so much to do that I havnt even gone into my favorite game mode WvW yet. This game was money well spent
  4. Oct 27, 2015
    GW2 Heart of Thorns is stunningly beautiful and extremely well put together expansion that was launched without a hitch. At first exploring the jungle is confusing and frustrating but as you complete events you are able to upgrade your masteries resulting in much quicker travel and access to areas that were previously inaccessible. These first masteries that allow for quick travel can beGW2 Heart of Thorns is stunningly beautiful and extremely well put together expansion that was launched without a hitch. At first exploring the jungle is confusing and frustrating but as you complete events you are able to upgrade your masteries resulting in much quicker travel and access to areas that were previously inaccessible. These first masteries that allow for quick travel can be unlocked within the first few hours. One issue with vanilla GW2 was the ease in which mobs could be killed. The mobs in these maps are much more difficult and engaging which is a pleasant change. Changes have been made elsewhere such as Fractals of The Mist which have been streamlined and different methods of crafting. Guild halls are absolutely amazing and will be a grand undertaking to build up over the future months. Simply amazing game with amazing graphics, music, and gameplay. Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2015
    The amount of QUALITY content you get as a F2P player is insane!
    However if you are interested in end game content you must get expansion and believe me when I tell, new zones are absolutely stunning!
  6. Oct 11, 2015
    This should be a standard for how MMOs are made.

*Note* I haven't really played PVP yet, and I have yet to find a suitable guild. so this will be from a mostly solo PVE experience. Pros: Encourages Cooperation rather than Competition. Everyone can loot the boss, everyone can loot the chest, everyone can mine the ore vein etc. Why isn't this a normal thing? SO much content. the /age
    This should be a standard for how MMOs are made.

Pros:
    SO much content. the /age command tells me I've logged almost 290 hours into it, and that's just solo PVE.
    It doesn't feel grindy. (until you start leveling up your other characters after exploring the entire map) And the pacing is very nice.
    Graphics as astounding, even on Medium settings it looks gorgeous.
    Huge explorable world
    Very clean UI
    Lots of customization options, what with dyes and such, and character customization is very in-depth
    Crafting is simple yet very rewarding
    Small conversations overheard between the town NPCs make the world feel alive
    Very, Very kind community. 90% of the people you will meet are willing to help, and I've had random people party up with me to sort of be a private tutor of sorts.
    No standard Trinity system (Healer, Tank, DPS) Every class can sort of do it, but of course, there are specializations.
    No Pay 2 win options whatsoever. Most microtransactions are cosmetic, and when they're not, they're 1 hour boosters for Exp, Magic find, etc.
    No subscription fee! Pay for it once and it's yours forever. I picked up the Heroic edition for 20$, and that was well worth it.
    Mosaic Art Style and animated cutscenes are beautiful
    Very fewFemale light armor appear "Slutty." The ones that do show some skin actually come off as more majestic/graceful/whatever

Cons:
    Certain character models need some work. Mainly with the Asura. The Shield just kinda floats on your arm.
    Story is meh. Dragon has a giant zombie army, so you have to stop him. that's pretty much it.
    The entire map you're given is not completely explorable. Crystal desert, Ring of Fire, mostly the corner areas are not accessible. Which is sad, because I really want to explore more.
    Armor doesn't get varied and "cool looking" until around level 30.
    Getting around via waypoints can get expensive, especially at the higher levels, when traveling to the closest waypoint costs 2 silver, and 10 silver for cross map.
  7. Oct 8, 2015
    Best online game ever. Character development is actually dynamic, graphics are gorgeous even on mediocre systems, and it is tons of fun. The gaming world is huge and rich in content at all play levels, without the grind usually associated with MMORPGs.
  8. Sep 11, 2015
    If you haven't played GW2 and you love MMORPGs, this is one you *must* play. I bought it when it first came out but life got in the way and it was shelved for 3 years. My friends and I are back on now, and wow, what a great game.

The world is HUGE! The lore is HUGE! You can level up however you want: pve, pvp, wvw, craft, exploration, questing, dungeons... it's brilliant. There is so much to do, you'll get 100's if not 1000's of hours of entertainment from this game, and best of all, it's a one time fee- no monthly charges.

I dock 1 point because the loot system could be made more compelling and the skill/power system was more customizable in GW1.
  9. Sep 11, 2015
    exelente game with good gameplay , not massive quest, pvp epic , revolutionary skill system, flawless..
    I recommend to all players who like challenges...
  10. Aug 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a genre dominated by World of Warcraft and other similar games Guild Wars 2 is refreshingly different. It ditches static tank and heal group gameplay for action based gameplay. No subscription fee means the game does not have to introduce tedious but psychologically addictive gameplay to keep its player base. Instead I'm playing simply because it's engaging and above all embodies what a game should be and what the rest of the MMO genre is lacking: FUN! Collapse Expand
  11. Aug 30, 2015
    A new take in the mmo genre, with a completely different philosophy! Awards you for playing, instead of forcing you to grind to reach to a place where you enjoy the game. Amazing lore and a totally distinct world, where story telling is as important as you'd expect in a RPG. Awsome graphics and artwork that blow your mind. All in all, a great game!
  12. Aug 1, 2015
    A distinguishing game in a time where most are competing to be carbon copies of popular formulas.

And while there is nothing that is perfect, and this is true for GW2 aswell, the one time purchase you make will be worth every penny/dollar/euro with the amount of things you can and will do until/if you tire of the game. A few of the positive points: - An immense world to explore and

A few of the positive points:
    - An immense world to explore and discover by yourself or with friends, find hidden puzzles, vistas, quests etc.
    - Multiple ways to level up: explore the world, craft, do dungeons or pvp.
    - Skill based pvp with no itemization.
    - no pay to win items in the shop.
    - Wardrobe, a gallery style feature that allows you to browse all the items/skins you have unlocked or not (weapons, armor, costumes, miniatures etc)
    - Immersive story-telling and world altering events.
    - Awesome Artwork and Soundtracks
    - Non-competitive resource gathering and mob targetting.
    - Fast paced action combat
  13. Jul 16, 2015
    If you're looking for some fun, don't look any further. This game provides a huge, magnificent, wonderful, adventurous world to explore. Besides the PvE content there's PvP and WvW. The best asset of the game is the community: GW2 truly is the Canada of MMO's. Friendly, helpful, relaxed community, obviously backed by the Guild system. Fact is that this game is perfect for people lookingIf you're looking for some fun, don't look any further. This game provides a huge, magnificent, wonderful, adventurous world to explore. Besides the PvE content there's PvP and WvW. The best asset of the game is the community: GW2 truly is the Canada of MMO's. Friendly, helpful, relaxed community, obviously backed by the Guild system. Fact is that this game is perfect for people looking for a laid-back MMO experience. Have fun! Expand
  14. Jul 7, 2015
    This game is 'respectful' instead of 'demanding' of your time.

This game is 'respectful' instead of 'demanding' of your time.

Guild Wars 2 is the casual gamer's MMO of choice, and in my opinion, this is not a bad thing at all. There is no real "gear treadmill" in this game, and you never get the "carrot-on-a-stick-second-job" feeling either while playing. It is very easy to pick up, play, and get right into the action of doing "hearts" ("living"quests that can be completed in multiple ways) or just exploring the world in general looking for jumping puzzles, world events, etc. I can honestly say I never feel like I am grinding when I am playing this game. I would however recommend playing with a friend, a group of friends, or someone you know, as that makes a lot of difference in the "fun factor" when leveling up and exploring. My girlfriend and I have a ton of time into our Norn characters, and we love every minute of it. I play a warrior and she plays a ranger, and that combo compliments each other perfectly. Its just plain fun.

The game world honestly looks like a water color painting. Its beautiful, and really does make you feel like you are living in a fantasy world. Many MMOs just take place in a very dead/static feeling world, but in GW2 this isn't the case. The scenery changes drastically as you enter different zones, and even within zones themselves it changes as you walk down a road or a path.

The combat in this game is very fluid. You are almost always on the move while fighting, which is a very refreshing and nice change of pace compared to other MMO's. The "holy trinity" of role playing games (Tank/DPS/Healer) isn't really present in this game though, which takes some getting used to. When I first started I thought this was odd, however you learn to like it once you realize that no matter what class you are you can heal yourself. This opens up the ability to go explore places without "needing a healer" if something is tough. You feel a lot more self-sufficient/self-reliant when you take down an enemy on your own knowing that the right combination of skills/weapons you picked are what defeated it. The ability to actively dodge enemy attacks is also a huge pro to the fluid combat, as skillful timing of dodging (that uses a little limited pool of "dodge energy") can mean the difference between beating a tough enemy at the last second or not.

That brings me to my next point, skills and weapons. A majority of the skills you use in this game depend on which weapon you have equipped at the time. There are also profession (class) specific skills in a different skill bar as well that you unlock with skill points, but early on you will primarily find yourself experimenting with different weapon sets in order to try different types of attacks/buffs/etc. This is also aided by the fact that most professions can switch between two weapon sets at a time on the fly. So, you can go from sword and shield to bow and arrow in a button press, and your skill bar switches instantaneously. This is awesome when the situation changes during combat and you can adapt to it without missing a beat.

The sub model in this game is non-existent, as it is B2P (buy you play). You can buy gems with real life $ to spend at the "gem store" which includes things like booster packs for XP, as well as vanity skins to apply to your weapons and armor.

In the end, I highly recommend this game if you are looking for a refreshing MMORPG that doesn't feel like a job, and is a lot more "relaxing" to play. You don't feel like you "have to" log in to get your money's worth since its B2P, and since there is no treadmill or grinding feeling, you can enjoy while you play instead of constantly feeling like you need to rush to "get to the good stuff" or "get to the end game". It is very much a journey and not a destination game, as the whole game is pretty much the "end game" due to the way its structured.

Like I said, its just plain fun.
  15. Jun 4, 2015
    Amazing game. Superb artwork, great depth and incredible value for a one time fee, Yes, there are promotions aimed at getting people to spend money in the shop, but these are largely cosmetic or convenience based - the game is in no way pay to win. Good community, vast world and enough content to keep interest for many, many hours.
  16. May 2, 2015
    Guild Wars 2 lights me up everytime when I do dungeons and fractals of the mist, when I do world events like Tequatl and Triple Trouble and when I open chests.
  17. Apr 22, 2015
    Amazing game! very smooth detailed graphics. plenty of thngs to do for thext 2 years. no fees. 1 price and you are ready to go. incredible vast maps. always something to do.

cons: it might take a while to get used to. some things are a bit complex. crafting, teams lays. some interface should be simpler.
    i recommend 100% if you are a fan of Dungon Siege (x100 better)
  18. Mar 11, 2015
    + Graphics are some of the best of any MMO, even with it being almost 3 years old now.
    + Combat and mechanics are very friendly towards new players and not overly complex (a personal preference)
    + There is a lot of diversity in the world, exploring new locations is a genuine pleasure. + World events are a huge amount of fun. Teaming up with 50+ other players to battle a boss is
    + World events are a huge amount of fun. Teaming up with 50+ other players to battle a boss is extremely satisfying, and worth the rewards.
    + WvW is a lot of fun and works very well, once you get the hang of it you can waste away many hours fighting other servers. I have not played PvP yet so I cannot comment for this right now.
    + The user interface is very intuitive and easy to navigate, much like the combat it's not overly complex, which is something I prefer over MMO's that have so many items on screen you feel lost.

- The optimisation isn't very good. With SLI I get 40% usage for each GPU. When entering city zones and large events with lots of players the frame rate drops massively. Even with a top of the range PC like mine I get 30fps in world events and areas of WvW. The game is extremely CPU intensive. However, in 'calmer' areas of the world you can easily get 60+fps the majority of the time.
    - The main story quests can seem a little bit childish. They're not particularly geared towards adults and seem a bit silly and pathetic at times, but this is only a minor complaint.
    - Whilst I like the easy to learn combat, it can result in the game becoming a little too easy as you progress into the later stages of the game. Rarely have I really felt challenged in PvE.
  19. Mar 9, 2015
    Love it or hate it, Guild Wars 2 is a new force to be reckoned with. Arguably, there hasn't been a more successful or popular game since World of Warcraft. It launched on the decision to halt development of Guild Wars and redirect that energy and resources to a new game. For me, Guild Wars was the most iconic game of my youth. I met friends that I still game with, concepts from that gameLove it or hate it, Guild Wars 2 is a new force to be reckoned with. Arguably, there hasn't been a more successful or popular game since World of Warcraft. It launched on the decision to halt development of Guild Wars and redirect that energy and resources to a new game. For me, Guild Wars was the most iconic game of my youth. I met friends that I still game with, concepts from that game color how I see other games. In short it was titanic.

So is Guild Wars 2 the same? No. But it's damn close.

Guild Wars 2 has so much going for it - the UI is relatively respectful of the real estate it occupies, the character system is acceptable, and there are amazing quality of life features that not even WoW can boast. The games combat has changed the genre for me, and I find it hard to play anything but an action combat MMO. It rendered tab targeting inert. Yet with each of these, there's an Achilles heel. Sometimes that chink in the armor is minute, other times it's problematically annoying.

Combat
    It's fluid, it's responsive but it's hindered by an annoying camera. I can't tell you how many times that camera has blinded me while i'm jumping in a puzzle or attack an enemy from a non-obvious angle. The skill system is incredibily rewarding and keeps you engaged in the fight. As with many RPG system, some classes start out better than others. I've mained a guardian since beta and it's easily my favorite character class in any RP game. Each weapon offers a different flavor, but keeps the theme of the profession consistent.

Story
    Storywriting in Guild Was has never been novel worthy. It has never been their strong suit but this game is borderline on fan fiction. The base campaign while leveling is acceptable and there are many local quests that are fun. I get this nagging feeling that many of the writers are trying to write stories for alternative lifestyles and it's just coming out really cheesy. There are some convincing characters, and there are some quite cardboard. I find the sylvari to be particularly annoying. All in all, it's acceptable writing with the occasional "WTF" moments. It gets the point across, even if it feels largely departed from the first game.

Artstyle
    This is a pretty game. The world design is world class (seriously, these people are artists) and the UI is one of the best in the genre. My only gripe is the painted style of the game can make it a bit hazy for me, particularly in the UI. However, this game really has its own unique character and is a nice departure from both hyperrealistic and stylized cartoon graphics.

Character advancement
    I love that the game is not about raiding. I really do. Yet still, I feel this game needs a more permanent character advancement system. The trait system has so much potential, but it's too divorced from the flexibility of the first game's system. They finally added the ability to move traits down and up at will, which is awesome. I'm mixed on the ability to earn traits. On one hand, it's like skill quests of old. On the other hand, it's hard work for some. Nonetheless, the upcoming progression system is going to be interesting. I enjoy having a flexible system and I hope that will continue the Guild Wars 2 spirit.

Content
    This is not a raider's paradise. That's hard for people to understand and accept at times, even myself. There are 8 dungeons, dozens of story missions, and now the instanced living world content. The game really comes alive when you have others in the open world, hacking away at a boss or something. The game is really fun and focuses on that. Yet, it can be zergy at times and the lack of standard trinity classes lends itself to group disorganization.
  20. Feb 9, 2015
    A Completionists' and Adventurers' paradise. It's not only the best MMO per dollar, but the most detailed and magnificent world I have ever been a part of. It's a go anywhere, do anything type of game. Level up's don't really constrict you as you can gain experience from everything and anywhere. People are friendly and it's open party system keeps people interested in helping orA Completionists' and Adventurers' paradise. It's not only the best MMO per dollar, but the most detailed and magnificent world I have ever been a part of. It's a go anywhere, do anything type of game. Level up's don't really constrict you as you can gain experience from everything and anywhere. People are friendly and it's open party system keeps people interested in helping or resurrecting strangers.

Every time I put down this game and pick it up again, I find myself asking the same question. Why the hell did I stop playing this?

Down side? People don't like weapon skills. It has a long range of character customization but it mostly always boils down to what weapon you want to use. I personally can't stand using anything but dual daggers/pistols on my rogue.

9.5/10
  21. Jan 29, 2015
    Guild Wars... the counter part of World of Warcraft.
    I have played Guild Wars 1 since Factions came out (1st expansion) and loved it till the end.
    And in the months before the release of Guild Wars 2 it became clear to me that I had to have it as well. I have played this game a lot (I have 10 characters) and loved it. Gameplay The gameplay is unique, it's the first in it's kind
    Guild Wars... the counter part of World of Warcraft.

I have played this game a lot (I have 10 characters) and loved it.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is unique, it's the first in it's kind and it's grand!

Starting off the combat alone is smooth and thrilling. Spells/skills you use look amazing and feel great!
    The dodging and running around in combat feels natural and gives you a lot of freedom. I found this feature the best of the combat system, because it makes it more dynamic and gives you the feeling you are REALLY fighting!

Then there's the environmental jumping puzzles, which are fun to do but sometimes frustrating as well.
    In some occasions jumps are nearly impossible to get due to camera clipping in low caves or delay in pressing the button and doing the action.
    Otherwise, it is a creative feature that more games could use!

You also get the drive to explore on each map you go to, every corner holds something new and exciting.
    The dynamic events are surprising, but boring after a while, because you can time them.
    So there should be more dynamic events that occur random, not on certain times.

Dungeons and mechanics are really cool as well, only the same thing happens as with the story.. the dungeon stories get boring.
    Some dungeons remain challenging (the last one for instance and Fractals of the Mists), but I think overall the dungeon balance is cool.

The looting system however is not rewarding at all. Chances that you loot something good looking (for stats are all the same) are not great. As are the tokens you get from dungeons. It's alright to get less tokens when repeating the same dungeon, but the amount of tokens you need for... a skin. Is too much...

Story
    Racial and personal stories are cool and thought through very well, although if you have so many characters like I did... you eventually start to get bored of the stories and it starts to feel like a grind.

Same goes for the dungeons, although some are hard enough to still be challenging after a while (just like Fractals).

Graphics & Audio
    The graphics are great, skills look really good and are easy to spot from one another.
    Every single map urges you to explore it, thus showing it's great beauty.
    And then there's the audio, music recorded with a real orchestra sounds amazing and brings a positive atmosphere into the game.

Skill sounds, voices, etc. are destinct and neat.

Conclusion
    I love this game for it's smooth combat system, the dynamic and beautiful world and the community!
    Although it gets boring over time to repeat the dungeons and stories over and over again, it's good to see a new MMO RPG concept rise.

I'm curious about the expansion, which looks equally great so far!
  22. Dec 10, 2014
    The game worth its price tag and even more so when its on sale. It has altough many problems and i think it would have been better if it went for something like DLC content updates. But overall if its not worth 30$ ( since its on sale like 50% of the time ) then i dont know what is.
  23. Dec 2, 2014
    After about 2 years, this is my second review of this game, since I stopped playing GW2 for over a year and have started playing again recently. My score remains the same though, and here is why.

First off, regarding the negative reviews here - people are entitled to their opinion, and I would never criticize anyone for not liking this MMO because this game does not cater to everyone's tastes (but what game does, anyway...). But I would like to address a few points that were made:

- Not enough content: This often comes from players who have spent many hundred hours, some even over 1000 hours in the game. I would challenge anyone playing any game for such an extended period and still find it challenging, interesting, refreshing... there comes a point at which you will be finished with a game, and clearly some people have reached that point. I doubt they would have kept playing for this long if they hated it so much?

I'm maybe not your typical MMO player as I do tend to take things slowly, but just for comparison, I've played GW2 in total for around 450 hours now. I have 2 characters on lvl 80 plus some alts around lvl 55, and my main has just around 58% map completion. My other characters are hovering around the 25% mark. I know for myself that I will be striving for map completion on my main, but it's gonna take me a long time, and the one thing I can never complain about is lack of content. I do have a RL and I play a lot of other games, and if anything GW2 has too much content for me! I feel I'll never be able to see it all.

- Poor customer support: Some complaints were made about the lack of a phone number. Most gaming companies don't provide phone support, and for good reason, as it's often much easier to get customers to provide proper details in a written support ticket. ArenaNet do provide individual customer support, it's right there in their support section with an online ticket submit form. Their replies are prompt, professional and reasonable - we have had a support request which was dealt with in a more than satisfactory manner. I'm sure this was not just a lucky exception.

- GemStore: Yes ArenaNet promote spending money on the game. And yes, I have done so - I've bought bank slots, a character slot and a few other things I did not REALLY need. But, and it's a HUGE but - there is no subscription charge. Compared to other MMOs of equal quality, GW2 still works out much cheaper for me, without the choke of a subscription around my neck. Anyone expecting free content updates forever either doesn't respect the right of developers to gain an income for their hard work, or has no idea about financial realities in the business world.

I won't repeat what I wrote in my first review, because none of my old opinions have changed much. But I have to say that if anything, the game has become even better and richer since back then. The new meta-servers did introduce some lag issues but more recently, I have not encountered any lag any more. Whatever the cause was, it has been worked on. The meta-servers did enrich gameplay though, as you always will find people playing near you, and the game mechanics are such that this enhances your experience massively. You are encouraged to help each other all the time, and this leads to a very pleasant user community with practically zero toxicity - compare that to LoL if you wish!

TL;DR: After over 2 years and a long break, I'm still having a ton of fun in GW2 and I know I will enjoy this game for a long time to come. It's a cracker, and quite unique in the MMO market due to some revolutionary gameplay concepts. It may not appeal to everybody, but its production values and gorgeous scenery and art direction are undeniably there and speak for themselves.
  24. Nov 24, 2014
    Overall one of the more solid MMO's i have played.

positives: 1) good graphics 2) fluid combat. 3) events are fun 4) plenty of end game content 5) up front cost then f2p...and f2p to the extent that all the people who poor massive amounts of money into the game don't have a massive advantage over those that don't. 6) free update content. i don't have to pay for my
    Overall one of the more solid MMO's i have played.

positives:

1) good graphics

2) fluid combat.

3) events are fun

4) plenty of end game content

6) free update content. i don't have to pay for my expansions they are just provided (though the expansions should not be compared to WoW).

negatives:

1) it is an MMO and it doesn't shy away from grinding, but in ways this is inherent to all MMO's

2) the story is blah. though i should say the personal story/main story in blah. the living/seasons story is much better though still not extraordinary, i have to remind myself though that this is an MMO.
  25. Sep 27, 2014
    Probably the most creative mmorpg at the moment.It's obvious that GW2 is tried to make a different mmorpg than the others.Combat system ,levelling system(you can level up by just crafting),events,story,graphics,exploring,PVE,dynamic content and No subscribtion everything is just great and well prepared.
  26. Sep 24, 2014
    Better than Archepay, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    Better than Archepay, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    I've been purchasing every major MMO release this year and have left extremely disappointed each time. I would log in, see "kill X and Y", do the standard number mashing combat that you find in every MMO, and end up unsubscribing. I did try to give these games my all and see if I could break past the tedium, but I could not.

#GW2masterrace
  27. Sep 17, 2014
    Probably the best fantasy MMORPG at the moment. Very robust, well designed and bug free. Full of events and dynamic content. Frequent free content expansions. Great community. Lots and lots of end game content.

I miss being able to select skills freely. The system where you have a fixed set of skills depending on what weapon you wield is boring imho. But you have other ways to create a "build", and even if the game is designed to suit casual players, it is also possible to spend a lot of time perfecting your gear, skills and strategy if you want.

The economy is just like any standard MMO. It is mostly NPC based, and crafting is pretty useless. All good gear comes from grinding boss mobs, dungeons, events or the mystic forge.

A really good feature for casual players is the level equalization. The level difference between you and your friends does not matter very much. You can still play together and get roughly the same challenge and rewards fitting your respective levels.
  28. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome MMO with Gorgeous art work worth every cent, the only thing that bother's me about the game is lack of pvp content and laggy World vs World. The content they add is always just dungeons which is a bore for me i'm a PvP fan all the way. They mix up the way you quest which is nice instead of pick up here return here its just go to area kill and completed.The fighting mechanics areAwesome MMO with Gorgeous art work worth every cent, the only thing that bother's me about the game is lack of pvp content and laggy World vs World. The content they add is always just dungeons which is a bore for me i'm a PvP fan all the way. They mix up the way you quest which is nice instead of pick up here return here its just go to area kill and completed.The fighting mechanics are the best of any MMO I have played and I have played a lot unlike wow you don't fall asleep doing low lvl dungeons. The cash shop is also pretty sweet you can buy everything with in game gold so you dont half to waste a penny if you love the game and play enough.

Worth $50
  29. Sep 11, 2014
    I am changing my original score for an up to date score. I have put in over 1500 hours into this game which is the most time I have ever invested in a mmorpg so I think GW2 deserves a really really good score.
    Some Good Points
    Some Good Points
    Beautiful graphics Good character creation, the ability to change your character hairstyles and other cosmetic stuff can be bought from cash shop which is ok by me.

Interesting and alive world with funny NPC's having funny conversations.
    Achievements are fun and rewarding.

Lovely and feminine armours. Being able to dye my armours is such a bonus and the new system of once you buy an armour that skin is unlocked for all your characters is really fantastic! BEST THING EVER!! Of course you have to buy the transmutation token things to change your skins but again I can live with that!
    Armours are made from different fabrics which show colours differently when they are dyed. Such great attention to detail from the artists in this game. There are hundreds of dyes to unlock and they are cheap and easy to obtain and are unlocked account wide. Each dye looks slightly different based on what material your armour is made from. It gives you the opportunity for a lot of experimenting with colours and fabrics and each armour can look so different depending on the colours you use. I have never seen an mmo use this system- it is fantastic!!!

The open world events are a great way to level up collect loot. Your character feels really powerful when you are levelling, I love that and I love some of the fun skills you have with each class. Like electricity for mage, bombs for engineer, cutie pie pets for ranger, Mesmers and their mirror images and the love hearts and pink effects everywhere, a girl gamers paradise!

You are not limited by your level in open world questing. I like the way the achievements work and the chests of reward everything so often.
    Crafting is nice and easy and levels well. It’s great to craft stuff to gear up my own character with and sell too.

Map Exploration is a lot of fun with events and loot. Anet seems to be on the ball with updates and improvements, new armours and weapon skins.

The Not So Good

The story in this game is pretty meh, not much excitement level. For each character I created I played the story up to about level 60 just for the odd chest key you sometimes get as a reward. I never got the chance to finish my personal story as for the very last story you need a well trained and equipped group. We tried one night and wiped out so badly, my husband and I decided to watch the ending on YouTube. I'm not sure having a storyline that you can play solo all the way to 80 and then forcing you into a group suddenly is the way to go, at least not for me and my tastes.

The Bad

For me this would be the dungeons. As you level you get a series of invitations to go and do various story dungeons. The first arrives just before level 40 I believe. However if you make the mistake to pop along and join a dungeon using the dungeon finder you might find yourself at the mercy of dungeon elitists who will either see you there and leave the group, kick you out or politely tell you that the dungeons really are too difficult for low levels and to wait until you are level 80 and geared in exotic stuff. I actually did wait and ended up doing many dungeons with many types of players and some of whom were much lower level than 80 to find that yes, groups with lower level players would wipe and very often too. It would be disheartening and a struggle and unnecessarily stressful. It certainly makes me wonder why the dungeons are opened to low levels at all when they are exceedingly way too hard for all but the most experienced. Of course in my time learning the dungeons (a steep learning curve it is too for someone with mostly PVE background) I met many nasty, impatient, rude people who just wanted to rush through the content, skipping mobs and leaving the less experienced to die and respawn over and over or to be kicked out by other group members. Of course there are some SAINTS doing those dungeons who you might be lucky enough to get teamed with, but for every one of those there of plenty of the other type. Behaviour of players is obviously not strictly monitored or policed and you can really tell this in the course of a month of doing dungeons every day.

So for the more genteel, soft of heart or just light hearted players out there I would recommend giving that aspect of GW2 a miss.

Its got so much going for it though I would say buy this game and play it and enjoy the parts that make you happy. That's what I do.

(Anet I removed 1 point from your perfect score as the abuse and nastiness going on in the dungeons is really unpleasant)
  30. Sep 1, 2014
    this is the best mmorpg game i have ever played and it does not make it worse that you just have to pay for it once and never again. if you like mmorpg games you will probably like this one! it's by no means perfect but way better than anything else!

1. PC Master (Greece)