• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
8.1

1. Dec 6, 2017
    Game is great overall, graphics are great and the classes are fun as well. But if you're just a free-to-play player, prepare for frustration. The forums aren't even available to you unless you buy the game. The. Forums. I refuse to buy this game after seeing that....Great game if you buy it, free-to-play players look elsewhere.
  2. Dec 1, 2017
    The game has a lot of potential, but ANet doesn't care about the players, they are more interested in their money instead.

The game evolved since launch, that's true, but at quite a slow pace. The expansion stories were a lot shorter than the main one and a lot more convoluted. The new classes that were added with the expansions are a bit of a fresh air, but ANet doesn't know how

The game evolved since launch, that's true, but at quite a slow pace.

The new classes that were added with the expansions are a bit of a fresh air, but ANet doesn't know how to make them fit in the different aspects of the game (PVP, PVE, Raids).

Spellbreaker from the last expansion doens't have a place in Raids, as an example. Scourge was so nerfed that it lost it's place in any raid for more than 3 months.

ANet doesn't seem to test what they do and then it takes 2+ months for them to fix it.

Classes are absurdly unbalanced in PVP, you can take an overpowered one and simply cheese you way to the top tiers.

End game content (I include making new Legendary items, high level Fractals and Raid Wings in this category) are slow, very slow to come out. We had to wait 6 months for a new raid wing (had 4 before that), and ONE YEAR for 01 new fractal level. That is RIDICULOUS.
    The new legendary items are lackluster. As an example the new rifle and shield are simply garbage when compared to the previous ones. The medium legendary armor look absurdly crap, when compared with it's heavy and light counterparts.

Now they decided and go heavy with the lootbox system. It was ALREADY present in the game, with Black Lion Chests, but now they decided to introduce Random Mounts for a price. When they are not random, which are 2 atm, they are extremely overpriced.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they slyly changed most of their servers to Amazon ones, giving most of their player base worse pings, while a minority ended up getting better pings, and they don't even acknowledge that.

So yeah, that's it I guess. A game with potential, but huddled together with a greedy, lazy management.
  3. Sep 28, 2017
    I bought Guild wars 2 in 2012, I don't have nothing to say wrong about the game, it's wonderful, it makes you feel you're in another world.
    The problem is, my account got wiped out by them because my characters were from 2012 and they "can't do nothing about that", the second problem is your "display name", when you choose your "display name" you will keep it forever, no matter what happens because it can have "side effects", I told them that I take all the responsabilities if anything happens to my account but I needed to change my display name (not character name) since every friend can see you with that name in the friendlist and I don't want my friends to see my teenager nickname just because the game can't change it which I think it's just awful.
    My friend bought the game 50€ at the time now it turned "free account" because I didn't buy any extension, are you really joking me ? Like if I don't buy your F extensions you will make my account like I was a new player when my friend had to pay 50€ so I can play the goddamn game ?
    I never do reviews but this game just disappointed me.
    Like I said, nothing wrong with the gameplay, story etc. I played myself ALOT but it ended like this, which is sad but there is plenty of games that I can play and that are better than this.
    I just wanted to feel the nostalgia again but whatever.
    Sorry for my mistakes, English isn't my mother language.
  4. Aug 14, 2017
    The community is honestly one of the most toxic I have ever seen in any MMO.

CSGO Silver matchmaking has a better community.
    Dota 2 has a better community.
    LoL has a better community.

The game is alright, but the community honestly ruins it and it genuinely is the reason I wrote this review and cannot recommend the game.
  5. Mar 11, 2017
    If you are looking for a long lasting MMO this is not your game.
    The pve side is complete banal and braindead that due to the complete and absurd unbalance between the classes create a nasty toxicity.
    If you are looking for a long lasting MMO this is not your game.

If you are looking for a moba/PvP/ realm vs realm game either this one should be your choice. The game is in a pretty bad aspect in competitive side, to such point is not even fun at all. The seasonal class gets so bumped in buffs is a joke to most of the players go for that.
    There is no freedom of choice as you have your roles assigned and you can't get ur from them. Other than that is just an spamfest from 1 to 0.

No strategy no skill. A mobile game that takes thousands of hours (months actually) of brain dead and puking PvE grinding to get any worth having perfect for RTM bots.

If you are thinking in this game: Avoid it. It is not 2012, This is a game that works in Dx9 in 2017 and runs like crap. Not stunning graphics, not fun mechanics.

Right now is a no no .
  6. Jan 21, 2017
    it looked boring in the beginning and it also still is soetimes but the content , combat exploration it is so big .
    ok graphical its pretty but fun to fight in
    just buy it it is at most moments better then any other mmorpg
  7. Dec 19, 2016
    I used to play it lot. I used to. But they wreck everything up. Like the dungeon. They nerfed dungeons. The best part of the game. That is why i wont ever come back to this game.
  8. Dec 8, 2016
    I bought and played this game on the day of its release. After a few weeks and getting a few professions to level 30-40ish I quit the game. The main story was boring, PVP was broken, PVE was good but i felt like I experienced pretty much all the game had to offer.

Fast forward over 4 years, add numerous fixes and updates and a huge expansion and now you have easily the best MMO that's currently playable to date. The amount of content in this game now is mind boggling and overwhelming when you start to learn everything there is to offer. From the super casual elements like the 50+ jumping puzzles to the fun and challenging PVE Dungeons, World Bosses, Fractals, and Raids to the almost near perfectly balanced PVP matches and World vs World. When I say near perfectly balanced I mean after countless hours of learning and understanding PvP mechanics and the ability to utilize professions to be able to counter other ones. You WILL enter PvP at some point and be destroyed by Mesmer or Necromancer countless times before you realize that you must build to counter certain professions and its not just a "1 build or play style destroys all" type of PvP.

The graphics are timeless and still look fantastic after all these years. Especially the new expansion areas.

The combat is fun and fluid. A perfect mix between active dodging and lock on abilities. Each profession can be played multiple ways and use many different weapons. Example. Playing as Thief you can play all at range with guns or bow and try to avoid all damage or you can build to have tons of self healing while attacking with daggers or swords. You may choose a full damage/crit build or even an evasive tank. Never think it can't be done with the profession you choose.

The Sound is fantastic. The music is top notch.

After recently going back through the endless MMO selection we have these days I can say without a doubt, While the MMORPG genre is indeed dying out Guild Wars 2 is by far the greatest and best MMORPG that there is currently to offer.

I'm excited to see what 2017 will bring us in the MMORPG market and that ArenaNet just didn't let this gem die. If you quit GW2 in the 1st year or so after release you NEED to go back and give it a go now.

I think my original review was 7/10 for GW2 it is now easily 10/10 considering no other MMORPG out there at the moment competes with it.
  9. Oct 11, 2016
    Used to be the game you could play how you wanted to get the gear you wanted. Now caters to the WoW exodus and has lost it's way by giving in to the elitist who have segregated a formerly good community in to the "leets" and the "git guds". Raids, eSports, and whiners who forgot they were playing an MMO wanting the content to be increasingly more challenging have ruined a good thing.Used to be the game you could play how you wanted to get the gear you wanted. Now caters to the WoW exodus and has lost it's way by giving in to the elitist who have segregated a formerly good community in to the "leets" and the "git guds". Raids, eSports, and whiners who forgot they were playing an MMO wanting the content to be increasingly more challenging have ruined a good thing. The expansion was a joke and instead of fixing the problem They move forward to the promise of the next expansion. The game itself is horribly optimized, only works well on certain CPUs and GPUs, and is constantly bugged. There are serious game breaking bugs that have been left to be suffered through since the games release four years ago. Expand
  10. Oct 6, 2016
    Possibly my favorite game of all time. A great RPG with amazing combat, character growth, and very friendly community. This is the only game I play nowadays and it fulfills all my desires for a video game: to play with others or on my own, to feel like I'm progressing and becoming more skilled at the game, and to learn of a great story and world within an extremely beautiful game.
  11. Sep 19, 2016
    In my opinion the mmorpg's (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) are the best game in the life, i create a review of Guild Wars 2 cause i play lot of time to the first Guild Wars, and i play lot of time to Guild Wars 2 ( i have play 1238 hours in 1484 days, for the moment). For me Guild Wars 2 is the best mmorpg's in the world but I have played a lot of mmo such as World ofIn my opinion the mmorpg's (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) are the best game in the life, i create a review of Guild Wars 2 cause i play lot of time to the first Guild Wars, and i play lot of time to Guild Wars 2 ( i have play 1238 hours in 1484 days, for the moment). For me Guild Wars 2 is the best mmorpg's in the world but I have played a lot of mmo such as World of Warcraft, Rift, Neverwinter, Star Wars The Old Republic and many more, Guild Wars 2 is the best mmo cause he have a beautiful open world the graphics, in max is beatiful, the history is so interesting, Guild Wars 2 have a good living world, for me Guild Wars 2 is just perfect, the pve is enormous (i like so much the donjons, raid, and my favorite THE FRACTALS), Guild Wars 2 have also a good Pvp, the competitif games was extremely good to play, and for the real gamers with a good guild, the wvw (world versus world) the wvw is perfect cause when a big team fight enter 2 guilds or just a bus it's so exciting a 200 vs 200, mostly when we are a tempest (
    meteor rain ;p). For conclude if you hesitate to play Guild Wars 2, well then do not hesitate(and I think Guild Wars 2 has the best community)
  12. Aug 27, 2016
    This game is a very good pick in the MMO-genre. I am in love with the universe it self. This game is visually stunning and has amazing music. This universe really feel dynamic and breathing, and ArenaNet really succeeds at creating a unique game with unique mechanics. I always come back to this game, and this game will always have a place in my heart.
  13. Aug 27, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guild Wars 2 is one of those few games stunning graphics , an endless history and a chance to play in guilds with old and new friends .
    The free to play is a nice stunt to love the game and then buy it .
  14. Aug 17, 2016
    Spent numerous number of hours in this game, it is very easy to dive in it, perfect story telling, beautiful design, unique concept, catchy for almost any type of gamer.
    Only issue that i can notice in this game that it is lacking open world pvp content and end game activities, you will end up repeating same things each day.
  15. Jun 8, 2016
    This is the FUNNEST MMO I have ever played. The community is so awesome (especially to new players!), the customization is amazing, gameplay and combat is exceptionally smooth, and the graphics and lore are top notch. BEST PART about the game??? ITS FREE. Now stop reading reviews on it, go download it, and enjoy it for yourself! =) See you in Tyria!!
  16. May 25, 2016
    My MMO romances are turbulent. I tried to turn to Final Fantasy XIV (due to my sentiment to FF), ESO (due to my sentiment to Skyrim) and WoW (due to my sentiment to Warcraft 3), but they always fell flat for me in comparison to Guild Wars 2. I return to Tyria on regular basis and this is officially the only MMO game I don't refuse to play.
  17. May 20, 2016
    dis gaem is nut gud.
    I enjoy pressing 1 and also 2 o9ver and over agin howeever, i dunt no wat the point is. I like da littel alien thi8ng it is cut but udder dan dat eets bad. 2/10 would unistall agin :(
  18. Apr 8, 2016
    Had this game since release, never been a big fan of pve yet this game offered a good mode in which open world pvp was possible accross 2 main maps, with the new expansion the better map was replaced by an unplayable one in the new expansion serverely limiting the fun i had with the game.
    Bad customer service (in my experiences)
    Also with their new expansion they promised a multitude of
    Bad customer service (in my experiences)
    Also with their new expansion they promised a multitude of new features which were never implemented and subsequently cancelled, so for their lies and false advertsing i am giving this game a 1.
    However you can play for free! which i do reccomend, for the base game and experience pre-expansion i'd have given it a 7.
    do not waste your money on the expansion however!!!!!!
  19. Mar 16, 2016
    Es un juego excelente recomiendo mucho su compra, guild wars 2 es un juego diferente a los MMORPG de siempre como Wow, contiene mecanicas que lo hacen diferente alos demas juegos la experiencia de jugar con amigos a este juego es mucho mejor que la del Wow, le faltan algunas cosas, pero poco a poco van puliendo y mejorando, GUild wars 2 tiene un mapa enorme y un monton de cosas que hacer yEs un juego excelente recomiendo mucho su compra, guild wars 2 es un juego diferente a los MMORPG de siempre como Wow, contiene mecanicas que lo hacen diferente alos demas juegos la experiencia de jugar con amigos a este juego es mucho mejor que la del Wow, le faltan algunas cosas, pero poco a poco van puliendo y mejorando, GUild wars 2 tiene un mapa enorme y un monton de cosas que hacer y eventos sin fin que haran que tengas horas y horas casi illimitadas de juego, además guild wars 2 no necesita de suscripción al contrario que la mayoria, es pago único tambien hay una versio f2p pero ya digo recomiendo altamente su compra lo dice un jugador de FInal Fantasy XIV, archeage, Tera y Wow hasta Cata Expand
  20. Dec 18, 2015
    2012 - 8/10
    2013 - 6/10
    2014 - 2/10
    2015 - 3/10
    GW2 is now pay to win Gear Grind Fest
    I have to admit no other mmo have disappoint me so much as this one thx to probable the worst group of developer ever !
  21. Dec 17, 2015
    Game is now pay to win gear grind. Everything detestable about MMOs is what Guild Wars 2 has changed to. Ridiculous and chore like ascended gear grind. Pay to win structured player versus player. It started out as the best MMO I had ever seen and ended the hottest flaming turd I know.
  22. Dec 2, 2015
    Honest Review

Guild Wars 2 is, entertaining, but not for long, why is it? Well, to say it short, content is actually just doing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again, there's actually not that many things to do, especially after their so called "Expansion", which is actually quite smaller than a usual DLC, which most likely yield more content than that. But we're
    Honest Review

But we're not talking about their "Expansion". Guild Wars 2 only serves for about maximum of 6 months if you're a hardcore MMORPG player, and you'll get second to no support, development information, balanced updates and so fourth from ArenaNet. They're pretty silent, lying dormant, cutting down the community and just throws in visual nerfs into the game. Definitely this means it's run by money with no communication to the players in the forums.

Do not, please, do not buy Guild Wars 2, although it's free now... you'll most likely just suffer as the maximum abilities you can use are 10, which feels more like it's for PvP content.

Which reminds me, the PvP is unbalanced, extremely infrequent balance patches, making the game make you more likely not to play it (if you're there for the PvP), besides, the so called "PvP" also only consist of Capture Point. They've tried a Death Match map, and I for one, hated it. Even made me think that World of Warcraft PvP is more balanced, although that's gear and level based. Also to mention, with their "Expansion" have they put in so called "Elite" specialization where they said they wouldn't be stronger than the core specialization trees, and it turned out to be a lie. Every Heart of Thorn owner uses these Elite specialization, and furthermore bringing in unbalanced gameplay, and therefor I can't see why people are actually playing the game, when they do not keep their promises, nor their "No-Grind Philosophies" and so on.

They are not keeping their words. Simply lies and steals your money, and for all I care about the Critic from known websites: Are not trustworthy either.

Guild Wars 2, questions me, why I don't trust people, why I play it, why I hate people that lie, day in, and day out.

Recommendation: Look past this, it's only good for your mental health, you won't suffer what people has to say, lies and disappointment. This is what real life should learn you, not a virtual world.
  23. Nov 22, 2015
    IF you want another hardcore mmo buy this game. IF you don't have a PHD i wouldn't bother. The content has been tuned to the hardcore. This game will not last long in it's current state. Everything went the way of wildstar which anet own's as well. Super hardcore where you spend hours doing content only to get **** over by hardcore broken content that bugs often. Anet needs toIF you want another hardcore mmo buy this game. IF you don't have a PHD i wouldn't bother. The content has been tuned to the hardcore. This game will not last long in it's current state. Everything went the way of wildstar which anet own's as well. Super hardcore where you spend hours doing content only to get **** over by hardcore broken content that bugs often. Anet needs to reassess this game and figure out if they want casual (base game) or Hardcore (Hot). if you like crazy difficulty that's not based in any way behind your slill but based on others skill HOT. Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2015
    Updated review 11/12/2015 (~300 hours over a few years). This game is enjoyable, and it runs really well if you have decent hardware. I've enjoyed GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby. Pros: graphics, world, environment, music, combat system, pvp, wvw, dungeons. Cons: Story is confusing to understand and living story isUpdated review 11/12/2015 (~300 hours over a few years). This game is enjoyable, and it runs really well if you have decent hardware. I've enjoyed GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby. Pros: graphics, world, environment, music, combat system, pvp, wvw, dungeons. Cons: Story is confusing to understand and living story is confusing. Never tried to craft high-end items because it looked like a time sink. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2015
    The most annoying thing in this Game is to explore the whole Map, i mean who gives a flying **** about some useless Houses inside of Caves or Camp with enemy Npc's inside? I don't. Cpu utilization is terrible, 80% cpu usage on 4,5 ghz cpu is a joke. This Game is an awful example of how coding can end if you smoke too much kush.
  26. Oct 28, 2015
    Never before has an expansion been released so smoothly. The new areas are packed with content, the desired difficulty has been added, the story passes. It's beautiful, and added so much content to the core game that I'm still not sure what to do sometimes. :} Shame it took 8 months to get here, but eh.
  27. Oct 27, 2015
    The open world events are great and highly replayable. Elite specialzations are fun and add more build variety to the game. Zones are beautiful and intricate. I have so much to do that I havnt even gone into my favorite game mode WvW yet. This game was money well spent
  28. Oct 27, 2015
    GW2 Heart of Thorns is stunningly beautiful and extremely well put together expansion that was launched without a hitch. At first exploring the jungle is confusing and frustrating but as you complete events you are able to upgrade your masteries resulting in much quicker travel and access to areas that were previously inaccessible. These first masteries that allow for quick travel can beGW2 Heart of Thorns is stunningly beautiful and extremely well put together expansion that was launched without a hitch. At first exploring the jungle is confusing and frustrating but as you complete events you are able to upgrade your masteries resulting in much quicker travel and access to areas that were previously inaccessible. These first masteries that allow for quick travel can be unlocked within the first few hours. One issue with vanilla GW2 was the ease in which mobs could be killed. The mobs in these maps are much more difficult and engaging which is a pleasant change. Changes have been made elsewhere such as Fractals of The Mist which have been streamlined and different methods of crafting. Guild halls are absolutely amazing and will be a grand undertaking to build up over the future months. Simply amazing game with amazing graphics, music, and gameplay. Expand
  29. Oct 26, 2015
    The amount of QUALITY content you get as a F2P player is insane!
    However if you are interested in end game content you must get expansion and believe me when I tell, new zones are absolutely stunning!
  30. Oct 15, 2015
    Okay decent mmorpg but nothing in the game that keep me interested for long. The weapon and spell mechanic combination were a very nice touch. Great graphics but beyond those two things nothing else felt interesting.
  31. Apr 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. This games is a modern MMO,it's fun to play there's 3 open world pvp servers(you fight Server vs Server vs Server)many structured PVP lobbies, the map is huge,the graphics are great.
    Guild Wars 2 has been since August 28(who pre order it)and i still love it.
    Your goal is to be strong to deafeat the Elder Dragon named "Zhitan" but there will be some events that you have to kill a dragon like in the human starting area you have a event to kill Shadow of Behemoth,when you kill the dragona you get treasure(i got Final Rest wich is a exotic staff weapon).The Monsters AI is good and the best part of this game is you dont have to do back tracking i.e you talked to a NPC wich wants you to kill monsters and then come back to him,theese things are boring stuff like Angryjoe said on his review,i will hightly recomend this game if you dislike Old School MMOS like WoW,EverQuest i dont recomend if you like Old School MMOS but give it a try when there will be a trial

1. PC Master (Greece)