Guild Wars 2 PC

• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
7.9

1. Aug 27, 2016
    This game is a very good pick in the MMO-genre. I am in love with the universe it self. This game is visually stunning and has amazing music. This universe really feel dynamic and breathing, and ArenaNet really succeeds at creating a unique game with unique mechanics. I always come back to this game, and this game will always have a place in my heart.
  2. Aug 27, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guild Wars 2 is one of those few games stunning graphics , an endless history and a chance to play in guilds with old and new friends .
    The free to play is a nice stunt to love the game and then buy it .
  3. Aug 26, 2016
    I just paid 40 **** bucks for this game.

Upon installing and logging in for the first time, I got immediately banned for gold selling before I even got to play the game.

I don't even know what gold selling is.
  4. Aug 17, 2016
    Spent numerous number of hours in this game, it is very easy to dive in it, perfect story telling, beautiful design, unique concept, catchy for almost any type of gamer.
    Only issue that i can notice in this game that it is lacking open world pvp content and end game activities, you will end up repeating same things each day.
  5. Jun 8, 2016
    This is the FUNNEST MMO I have ever played. The community is so awesome (especially to new players!), the customization is amazing, gameplay and combat is exceptionally smooth, and the graphics and lore are top notch. BEST PART about the game??? ITS FREE. Now stop reading reviews on it, go download it, and enjoy it for yourself! =) See you in Tyria!!
  6. Jun 3, 2016
    Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add anPlease add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Thank you. Expand
  7. May 25, 2016
    My MMO romances are turbulent. I tried to turn to Final Fantasy XIV (due to my sentiment to FF), ESO (due to my sentiment to Skyrim) and WoW (due to my sentiment to Warcraft 3), but they always fell flat for me in comparison to Guild Wars 2. I return to Tyria on regular basis and this is officially the only MMO game I don't refuse to play.
  8. May 20, 2016
    dis gaem is nut gud.
    I enjoy pressing 1 and also 2 o9ver and over agin howeever, i dunt no wat the point is. I like da littel alien thi8ng it is cut but udder dan dat eets bad. 2/10 would unistall agin :(
  9. Apr 8, 2016
    Had this game since release, never been a big fan of pve yet this game offered a good mode in which open world pvp was possible accross 2 main maps, with the new expansion the better map was replaced by an unplayable one in the new expansion serverely limiting the fun i had with the game.
    Bad customer service (in my experiences)
    Also with their new expansion they promised a multitude of
    Bad customer service (in my experiences)
    Also with their new expansion they promised a multitude of new features which were never implemented and subsequently cancelled, so for their lies and false advertsing i am giving this game a 1.
    However you can play for free! which i do reccomend, for the base game and experience pre-expansion i'd have given it a 7.
    do not waste your money on the expansion however!!!!!!
  10. Mar 16, 2016
    Es un juego excelente recomiendo mucho su compra, guild wars 2 es un juego diferente a los MMORPG de siempre como Wow, contiene mecanicas que lo hacen diferente alos demas juegos la experiencia de jugar con amigos a este juego es mucho mejor que la del Wow, le faltan algunas cosas, pero poco a poco van puliendo y mejorando, GUild wars 2 tiene un mapa enorme y un monton de cosas que hacer yEs un juego excelente recomiendo mucho su compra, guild wars 2 es un juego diferente a los MMORPG de siempre como Wow, contiene mecanicas que lo hacen diferente alos demas juegos la experiencia de jugar con amigos a este juego es mucho mejor que la del Wow, le faltan algunas cosas, pero poco a poco van puliendo y mejorando, GUild wars 2 tiene un mapa enorme y un monton de cosas que hacer y eventos sin fin que haran que tengas horas y horas casi illimitadas de juego, además guild wars 2 no necesita de suscripción al contrario que la mayoria, es pago único tambien hay una versio f2p pero ya digo recomiendo altamente su compra lo dice un jugador de FInal Fantasy XIV, archeage, Tera y Wow hasta Cata Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2015
    2012 - 8/10
    2013 - 6/10
    2014 - 2/10
    2015 - 3/10
    GW2 is now pay to win Gear Grind Fest
    I have to admit no other mmo have disappoint me so much as this one thx to probable the worst group of developer ever !
  12. Dec 17, 2015
    Game is now pay to win gear grind. Everything detestable about MMOs is what Guild Wars 2 has changed to. Ridiculous and chore like ascended gear grind. Pay to win structured player versus player. It started out as the best MMO I had ever seen and ended the hottest flaming turd I know.
  13. Dec 2, 2015
    Honest Review

Guild Wars 2 is, entertaining, but not for long, why is it? Well, to say it short, content is actually just doing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again, there's actually not that many things to do, especially after their so called "Expansion", which is actually quite smaller than a usual DLC, which most likely yield more content than that. But we're
    Honest Review

But we're not talking about their "Expansion". Guild Wars 2 only serves for about maximum of 6 months if you're a hardcore MMORPG player, and you'll get second to no support, development information, balanced updates and so fourth from ArenaNet. They're pretty silent, lying dormant, cutting down the community and just throws in visual nerfs into the game. Definitely this means it's run by money with no communication to the players in the forums.

Do not, please, do not buy Guild Wars 2, although it's free now... you'll most likely just suffer as the maximum abilities you can use are 10, which feels more like it's for PvP content.

Which reminds me, the PvP is unbalanced, extremely infrequent balance patches, making the game make you more likely not to play it (if you're there for the PvP), besides, the so called "PvP" also only consist of Capture Point. They've tried a Death Match map, and I for one, hated it. Even made me think that World of Warcraft PvP is more balanced, although that's gear and level based. Also to mention, with their "Expansion" have they put in so called "Elite" specialization where they said they wouldn't be stronger than the core specialization trees, and it turned out to be a lie. Every Heart of Thorn owner uses these Elite specialization, and furthermore bringing in unbalanced gameplay, and therefor I can't see why people are actually playing the game, when they do not keep their promises, nor their "No-Grind Philosophies" and so on.

They are not keeping their words. Simply lies and steals your money, and for all I care about the Critic from known websites: Are not trustworthy either.

Guild Wars 2, questions me, why I don't trust people, why I play it, why I hate people that lie, day in, and day out.

Recommendation: Look past this, it's only good for your mental health, you won't suffer what people has to say, lies and disappointment. This is what real life should learn you, not a virtual world.
  14. Nov 22, 2015
    IF you want another hardcore mmo buy this game. IF you don't have a PHD i wouldn't bother. The content has been tuned to the hardcore. This game will not last long in it's current state. Everything went the way of wildstar which anet own's as well. Super hardcore where you spend hours doing content only to get **** over by hardcore broken content that bugs often. Anet needs toIF you want another hardcore mmo buy this game. IF you don't have a PHD i wouldn't bother. The content has been tuned to the hardcore. This game will not last long in it's current state. Everything went the way of wildstar which anet own's as well. Super hardcore where you spend hours doing content only to get **** over by hardcore broken content that bugs often. Anet needs to reassess this game and figure out if they want casual (base game) or Hardcore (Hot). if you like crazy difficulty that's not based in any way behind your slill but based on others skill HOT. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2015
    Updated review 11/12/2015 (~300 hours over a few years). This game is enjoyable, and it runs really well if you have decent hardware. I've enjoyed GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby. Pros: graphics, world, environment, music, combat system, pvp, wvw, dungeons. Cons: Story is confusing to understand and living story isUpdated review 11/12/2015 (~300 hours over a few years). This game is enjoyable, and it runs really well if you have decent hardware. I've enjoyed GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby. Pros: graphics, world, environment, music, combat system, pvp, wvw, dungeons. Cons: Story is confusing to understand and living story is confusing. Never tried to craft high-end items because it looked like a time sink. Expand
  16. Nov 9, 2015
    The most annoying thing in this Game is to explore the whole Map, i mean who gives a flying **** about some useless Houses inside of Caves or Camp with enemy Npc's inside? I don't. Cpu utilization is terrible, 80% cpu usage on 4,5 ghz cpu is a joke. This Game is an awful example of how coding can end if you smoke too much kush.
  17. Oct 28, 2015
    Never before has an expansion been released so smoothly. The new areas are packed with content, the desired difficulty has been added, the story passes. It's beautiful, and added so much content to the core game that I'm still not sure what to do sometimes. :} Shame it took 8 months to get here, but eh.
  18. Oct 27, 2015
    The open world events are great and highly replayable. Elite specialzations are fun and add more build variety to the game. Zones are beautiful and intricate. I have so much to do that I havnt even gone into my favorite game mode WvW yet. This game was money well spent
  19. Oct 27, 2015
    GW2 Heart of Thorns is stunningly beautiful and extremely well put together expansion that was launched without a hitch. At first exploring the jungle is confusing and frustrating but as you complete events you are able to upgrade your masteries resulting in much quicker travel and access to areas that were previously inaccessible. These first masteries that allow for quick travel can beGW2 Heart of Thorns is stunningly beautiful and extremely well put together expansion that was launched without a hitch. At first exploring the jungle is confusing and frustrating but as you complete events you are able to upgrade your masteries resulting in much quicker travel and access to areas that were previously inaccessible. These first masteries that allow for quick travel can be unlocked within the first few hours. One issue with vanilla GW2 was the ease in which mobs could be killed. The mobs in these maps are much more difficult and engaging which is a pleasant change. Changes have been made elsewhere such as Fractals of The Mist which have been streamlined and different methods of crafting. Guild halls are absolutely amazing and will be a grand undertaking to build up over the future months. Simply amazing game with amazing graphics, music, and gameplay. Expand
  20. Oct 26, 2015
    The amount of QUALITY content you get as a F2P player is insane!
    However if you are interested in end game content you must get expansion and believe me when I tell, new zones are absolutely stunning!
  21. Oct 15, 2015
    Okay decent mmorpg but nothing in the game that keep me interested for long. The weapon and spell mechanic combination were a very nice touch. Great graphics but beyond those two things nothing else felt interesting.
  22. Oct 11, 2015
    This should be a standard for how MMOs are made.

*Note* I haven't really played PVP yet, and I have yet to find a suitable guild. so this will be from a mostly solo PVE experience. Pros: Encourages Cooperation rather than Competition. Everyone can loot the boss, everyone can loot the chest, everyone can mine the ore vein etc. Why isn't this a normal thing? SO much content. the /age
    This should be a standard for how MMOs are made.

Pros:
    SO much content. the /age command tells me I've logged almost 290 hours into it, and that's just solo PVE.
    It doesn't feel grindy. (until you start leveling up your other characters after exploring the entire map) And the pacing is very nice.
    Graphics as astounding, even on Medium settings it looks gorgeous.
    Huge explorable world
    Very clean UI
    Lots of customization options, what with dyes and such, and character customization is very in-depth
    Crafting is simple yet very rewarding
    Small conversations overheard between the town NPCs make the world feel alive
    Very, Very kind community. 90% of the people you will meet are willing to help, and I've had random people party up with me to sort of be a private tutor of sorts.
    No standard Trinity system (Healer, Tank, DPS) Every class can sort of do it, but of course, there are specializations.
    No Pay 2 win options whatsoever. Most microtransactions are cosmetic, and when they're not, they're 1 hour boosters for Exp, Magic find, etc.
    No subscription fee! Pay for it once and it's yours forever. I picked up the Heroic edition for 20$, and that was well worth it.
    Mosaic Art Style and animated cutscenes are beautiful
    Very fewFemale light armor appear "Slutty." The ones that do show some skin actually come off as more majestic/graceful/whatever

Cons:
    Certain character models need some work. Mainly with the Asura. The Shield just kinda floats on your arm.
    Story is meh. Dragon has a giant zombie army, so you have to stop him. that's pretty much it.
    The entire map you're given is not completely explorable. Crystal desert, Ring of Fire, mostly the corner areas are not accessible. Which is sad, because I really want to explore more.
    Armor doesn't get varied and "cool looking" until around level 30.
    Getting around via waypoints can get expensive, especially at the higher levels, when traveling to the closest waypoint costs 2 silver, and 10 silver for cross map.
  23. Oct 8, 2015
    Best online game ever. Character development is actually dynamic, graphics are gorgeous even on mediocre systems, and it is tons of fun. The gaming world is huge and rich in content at all play levels, without the grind usually associated with MMORPGs.
  24. Sep 11, 2015
    If you haven't played GW2 and you love MMORPGs, this is one you *must* play. I bought it when it first came out but life got in the way and it was shelved for 3 years. My friends and I are back on now, and wow, what a great game.

The world is HUGE! The lore is HUGE! You can level up however you want: pve, pvp, wvw, craft, exploration, questing, dungeons... it's brilliant. There is so much to do, you'll get 100's if not 1000's of hours of entertainment from this game, and best of all, it's a one time fee- no monthly charges.

I dock 1 point because the loot system could be made more compelling and the skill/power system was more customizable in GW1.
  25. Sep 11, 2015
    exelente game with good gameplay , not massive quest, pvp epic , revolutionary skill system, flawless..
    I recommend to all players who like challenges...
  26. Sep 7, 2015
    Was one of my favorite games, until it was updated a while ago, and it started going down hill. I got this game a few days after launch, I can easily tell you, many hours of gameplay. But the update that made me hate Guild Wars 2 and made me switch to World of Warcraft. There is no more freely doing your storyline quests. You have to do it EVERY TEN levels. Used to be every 2-5 levels.Was one of my favorite games, until it was updated a while ago, and it started going down hill. I got this game a few days after launch, I can easily tell you, many hours of gameplay. But the update that made me hate Guild Wars 2 and made me switch to World of Warcraft. There is no more freely doing your storyline quests. You have to do it EVERY TEN levels. Used to be every 2-5 levels. Now, this game is a grind/farm simulator. Now that you have to wait every ten levels to do a quest, better get busy farming XP from enemies for a few days. This game is also going F2P, which is actually good, because the game is going bad anyways. Can't really find any players, microtransaction for jewels. This was in the game after launch day as well, when I paid over $60 for it. Save your money, and do not buy the expansion, don't even buy the game, unless you have so much time on your hands, and you are into killing the same enemies for hours on end. Expand
  27. Sep 2, 2015
    Definitely a game for younger gamers. From cartoony Pokemon type graphics, to childish voice emotes when leveling up or performing certain skills, this is a large departure from the original guild wars games.

That said, the game is extremely polished, and very well made. As an adult, I can't possibly become interested in this type of game. However, I absolutely appreciate the excellent job they did in creating a fast paced, all encompassing game for younger and casual players. Would not recommend it as a serious game however for veterans of mmorpgs, or those seeking a mature game.
  28. Aug 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a genre dominated by World of Warcraft and other similar games Guild Wars 2 is refreshingly different. It ditches static tank and heal group gameplay for action based gameplay. No subscription fee means the game does not have to introduce tedious but psychologically addictive gameplay to keep its player base. Instead I'm playing simply because it's engaging and above all embodies what a game should be and what the rest of the MMO genre is lacking: FUN! Collapse Expand
  29. Aug 30, 2015
    A new take in the mmo genre, with a completely different philosophy! Awards you for playing, instead of forcing you to grind to reach to a place where you enjoy the game. Amazing lore and a totally distinct world, where story telling is as important as you'd expect in a RPG. Awsome graphics and artwork that blow your mind. All in all, a great game!
  30. Aug 16, 2015
    it was a waist if my money every time i go to log in it thinks i'm trying to hack my own account even tho i know my username and password then to make it worse their tech support is of no help at all they just ask for the same info over and over again
  31. May 5, 2013
    Now I want to start of saying 10/10 does not mean a perfect game. It simply means it is worth every penny you spend on it. Now on the the review

GW2 (short to save characters) is an amazing MMO. While other MMOs have your teams compete for loot and the reward for killing something, GW2 rewards everyone, and better yet, you get even more rewarded for helping each other. So MMO camping is eliminated. The combat and skills are amazing, since all professions and weapons are balanced, and there is no "best weapon". Truth is, it's based on your skill and your preference. This also applies to professions.

The bosses are also spectacular. They are usually massive battles, spawning amazing loot everyone can get. This accompanied by the beautiful environments and music create the perfect atmosphere for this game. You can do small things as well, like cook food or break up fights in a bar, which I love to do in this game whenever I do not feel like exploring, which is also recommended. Exploring gives exp, and if you explore a whole area, you get a huge exp boost plus some items as a reward.

Social interaction is recommended, as they keep you playing the game. This is why when you first play, I recommend you quickly ask the map for an open guild. PVP is also fun and requires strategy to it, so definitely check that out.

A game is not a game without flaws, and there are plentiful.
    First dungeons feel a bit overpowering, especially for new players. Also some low level equipment do not look to special, and skins can only be used once. However these are just some nit picky problems, and are not to bothersome.

Again, BUY THIS GAME!