• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Apr 26, 2005
8.3

1. Jan 15, 2011
    It was a great game. Sadly one day arenanet decided to go "hey, let's completely destroy all PvP in the game, and then make the PvE grind the primary interest of the game" Now PvP is filled with unskilled noobs that think grind = skill (I just recently watched a couple of obs, not a single person in any of them knew how to qstep) You are forced to either use builds fully automated bots can play better than you, or end up being significantly weaker then your enemy. Arenanet entirely fails at balancing the game, only if a skill is so unbalanced it literally gives permanent immortality (Shadow Form) is it even fixed, and that's after A WHOLE YEAR of people abusing it. I don't think I need to say much about PvE, it's fun the first time you complete it, but after that it's just pure grind. It was a great game 5 years ago, and probably would have been now if PvP wasn't destroyed. I've spent a lot of fun hours in this game, RIP original Guild Wars Expand
  2. Dec 22, 2011
    Terrible, maybe I went into the game expecting some fun PVP but its not, broken unbalanced classes. I played this game about 2 months ago. The feature of how your character auto follows your opponent (wow real skill) is incredibly annoying. The game is worse than SWTOR when it comes to being on "rails". I am excited for GW2 but if it is anything like GW1 I will not be purchasing.

1. It’s impossible to describe the joy playing Guild Wars offers. It isn’t particularly deep, but it’s highly rewarding nonetheless. A friendly design and interface, and the simple, elegant combat, are bound to appeal to a wide range of gamers.
  2. It innovatively and successfully combines many of the best, most addictive properties of action RPGs, online RPGs, and competitive multiplayer games in one beautifully produced package, which offers a tremendous lasting value yet none of the monthly fees typically associated with online-only games.
  3. If tedious leveling up, dull combat, or uninspired player vs. player gaming are your quibbles with today's massively multiplayer offerings, Guild Wars is the cure.