7.9

1. BobD.
    Aug 24, 2006
    It is spectacularly motivating and certainly very addicting. Gun is one of the best quality games I have played in my entire lifetime. The storyline is very intriuging, excting to follow, but mostly extremely intense. My one complaint is of the shortness of the main campaign. I think the designers of Gun, should put a second game out with more explosive missions and fascinating free-roam maps.
  2. MattB.
    Jan 23, 2006
    Wicked western fun!! The excitement of a jumping on your horse and galloping through canyons and blasting away with a six shooter or rifle is superbly captured. It feels like you are partaking in an excellent western and almost every element of living in the Wild West has been included. It definitely deserves a bonus point for originality, which is why it scores a 10. A must play!! (Have Wicked western fun!! The excitement of a jumping on your horse and galloping through canyons and blasting away with a six shooter or rifle is superbly captured. It feels like you are partaking in an excellent western and almost every element of living in the Wild West has been included. It definitely deserves a bonus point for originality, which is why it scores a 10. A must play!! (Have game critics/reviewers really become so obssessed with pushing the boundaries that they have forgotten about fun? In that case leave the reviews to the players.) Expand
  3. EricTremblay
    Dec 6, 2006
    I love the game play and the story. This game make me fun all long. It's in my favorite.
  4. ErikS.
    Feb 15, 2007
    A great game, fun to play, especially w/ the Quickdraw and Horseback combat features, though there are some terrible parts (like the final boss). My suggestion is to play the entire game, but stop once you get to an invincible man.
  5. Kyle
    May 7, 2006
    a little short for my liking but other than that i thought it was a good game.
  6. SethL.
    Jan 2, 2007
    This game is amazing I would recommend this game to any one who likes the free-romming game play of Grand Theft Auto.
  7. JoshuaE.
    Jul 25, 2007
    It is like Grand Theft Auto but in the wild west. The story line is short but the side missions make the game better.
  8. Loser
    Nov 22, 2005
    This game is very good.Very long time I search some good western 3d action game.This game is awesome.
  9. NickH.
    Dec 26, 2005
    GUN can be summed up in two words: Immensely Underrated
  10. Aug 20, 2011
    Very nice western-action game. Good graphics for a six years old game. Few bugs, but game play is brilliant. Maybe too easy in easier difficulties ...
  11. Jun 28, 2014
    A pretty good game. Has a really nice story but it was pretty easy to complete. I completed the story 2 times already and I am planning on it playing it again. The most important I thing I like about this game is the Quickdraw. A.I Enemies are quick weak to be honest. If you are a fan of the Wild West, you must seriously play this game as this can provide lots of hours of entertainment ^_^
  12. Jan 23, 2015
    I didn't play this game until 2014, almost an entire decade since it was initially released, but it's still one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time, which was kind of surprising as when I first began my journey into 'GUN' I thought I'd play for maybe three or four hours tops. I mean, nothing about this game looks special at all. The graphics are dated, the voice acting isn'tI didn't play this game until 2014, almost an entire decade since it was initially released, but it's still one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time, which was kind of surprising as when I first began my journey into 'GUN' I thought I'd play for maybe three or four hours tops. I mean, nothing about this game looks special at all. The graphics are dated, the voice acting isn't great, and it looks rather generic by today's standards in almost every way possible.

It's safe to say that when I first picked this game up on sale, that I didn't expect more than 'Grand Theft Auto' on horseback. In fact, the biggest appeal of this game to me was the chance to do some good ole fashioned horseback riding; something I hadn't done since 'Ocarina of Time'. I never thought that I'd be so swept up into the dirty world of the wild wild west and the stories it had to tell me, but I was. From saving harlots, to chasing gangs down on horseback, to killing entire tribes of Indians in one fell swoop, this game includes every cliche you could possibly think about the wild west and I ain't complaining.

Aside from the tight controls, camera angels, and helpless harlots though, this game is just down right fun. And even though it's hard not to compare it to 'Grand Theft Auto' I never found myself thinking I was playing some cheap clone just in a different setting. And did I mention there were harlots?

1. The scope of the environments are vast, but empty in this free-roam open ended adventure. The game manages to capture the essence of loneliness that was an unwelcome but constant companion to many a traveler in those days.
  2. Average at best. The great voice acting and the solid graphics are just not enough to keep the game afloat. Somewhat shoddy controls and the lack of depth just drag this title down too much.
  3. It's too bad that Gun is so short because I could have easily devoted more time to playing such a refreshing title.