Guns of Icarus Online PC

8.8

1. Nov 10, 2013
    Steampunk-style airships battle each other in team fights on a fairly limited amount of maps. There is no PvE mode, only competetive modes. Each ship has crew of 4 players on it, with different roles (gunner, engineer, pilot and one is additionaly a ship's captain). Co-op part of the game is done very well, victory usually depends on a good cooperation between crew members and shipSteampunk-style airships battle each other in team fights on a fairly limited amount of maps. There is no PvE mode, only competetive modes. Each ship has crew of 4 players on it, with different roles (gunner, engineer, pilot and one is additionaly a ship's captain). Co-op part of the game is done very well, victory usually depends on a good cooperation between crew members and ship captains. Surprisingly large amount of people use microphones and are actually willing to coop, so playing with randoms is perfectly viable if you don't expect to win every time. You can also play with bots in your team, and they are quite decent. Learning how to play it's quite easy and controls are pretty intuitive, so it's easy to pick up.
    There are various types of ships and captain can customize ship's weapons to his liking's, which is a good thing, but it could have been deeper than just weapons...You can also customize your character with special equipment (like special ammo types for gunner) which makes the game a bit more interesting, and customize looks of your character with a huge selection of masks, helmets, costumes and what not, however keep in mind that FOR MOST COSMETICS YOU HAVE TO PAY WITH REAL CASH those that are free don't look hideous so you can enjoy it without paying. Also all usable items are unlocked for free, without paying.
    Technically game is quite good, very stable and with almost no glitches. Graphics look a little dated, and there are silly things like not being able to see other ships' crew members, which makes you fight ghost ships that steer themselves.
    The game's main problem is lack of content. Even though devs are pumping content patches every now and then (over the course of 3 months it was hmm I think 1 ship and 1 new map, so not much .
    It is getting bored really quickly, because there are about 4 maps in this, not counting the tutorial map which is just a huge empty desert. There is not enough equipment and ship types/weapons to keep you interested for long. It all becomes extremely retentive after a few days/weeks deepening on your repetitiveness tolerance. Having a friends as your crew certainly would help increase the fun though.

Overall this is a decent game with a great price (I bought it for about 5 I think). Grab it if you like steampunk and co-op PvP games that are challenging but easy to pick up
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    Very fun game, especially if you have friends to play it with! Some of the in-game stuff is kind of expensive but it is mainly meant to make your character look nice (so not mandatory at all) BUY THIS GAME
  3. May 25, 2015
    As long as they can continue development and work on balance issues Guns of Icarus was money well spent. It's a shame I found this one so late because it already feels to be slipping.
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is a great idea but for me it quickly got repetitive and rather boring as I found my self repairing the same thing over and over again. If you can get a decent group of friends together the game can be alot of fun and you can have some great moments when you and your buddy's ambush another air ship.
  5. Dec 15, 2012
    Okay - Good points: Great, romantic, steam punk high adventure, naval-like battles with magnificent flying machines, creative weaponry and an emphasis on teamwork, producing exiting combats on spectacular backgrounds. Lots of space for strategy. Epic music, too. Bad points: Half-developed game on a background that just screams for more; ankle-biting bugs regarding animation andOkay - Good points: Great, romantic, steam punk high adventure, naval-like battles with magnificent flying machines, creative weaponry and an emphasis on teamwork, producing exiting combats on spectacular backgrounds. Lots of space for strategy. Epic music, too. Bad points: Half-developed game on a background that just screams for more; ankle-biting bugs regarding animation and communications; lack of a user-friendly tutorial, and finally, an accessory store that takes real-world money - but on the last point's defense, these items are purely decorative, and bestow no in-game bonus of any other kind. 7/10 for all the potential; the introduction of adventure modules would probably give it more value. Expand
  6. AWG
    Jun 21, 2013
    Dropped after a couple of hours of hitting things with a hammer and graphics glitches. Maybe it's because I've never been bitten by the "Steampunk" thing, maybe it's because none of my Steam friends play it, maybe it's because this is just a bad game. Not that I care very much anyway.
  7. May 6, 2013
    It's an interesting game and it can be enjoyable when you're with a lot of friends. There just isn't enough here. New maps and other game modes are great, but when the basic controls of the game are too basic, the game never goes anywhere.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    I have been following the development of this game and was quite optimistic about it. However I started to have bad feelings about it when I launched the Beta version of it - very laggy, gameplay was glitchy and not as exciting as I hoped. Despite this I still was hoping that these problems would be fixed. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. The final version is less laggy, alas itI have been following the development of this game and was quite optimistic about it. However I started to have bad feelings about it when I launched the Beta version of it - very laggy, gameplay was glitchy and not as exciting as I hoped. Despite this I still was hoping that these problems would be fixed. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. The final version is less laggy, alas it still has a lot of problems. The gameplay hasn't really improved, you get bored quite quickly, there's not much space for strategy. Overall, it's okay but could have been so much better. Expand
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    this game is fun for a bit. can get repetitive playing alone. if you have friends to play with it is fun. i can only stand to play maybe 2 hours at a time. at 20$ im not sure it's worth it unless you got it on sale for 7$ or whatever it was.
  10. May 28, 2016
    Pros:
    -Some of the best multiplayer gameplay mechanics ever, its even better than Left4Dead.
    -No pay-to-win, and no level bonuses, so newcomers have same capabilities as veterans. -A friendly mature community, mostly (at least better than CoD etc.) -easy to learn, difficult to master. -epic battles with up to 32 players divided across 8 airships (4v4). Cons: -Indie game (low
    Pros:
    -A friendly mature community, mostly (at least better than CoD etc.)
    -easy to learn, difficult to master.
    -epic battles with up to 32 players divided across 8 airships (4v4).

Cons:
    -Indie game (low budget feel), with some rough edges.
    -How much fun you have depends very much on who you play with - you will meet some totally incompetent players on the same ship as you, who can ruin the fun. Example: 12 year olds who take captain role and don't know how to fly and disconnect the first moment the ship inevitably starts to lose.
    -If you like to be able to "go it alone" without relying on others, this game is not for you. Teamwork or die.
    -The tutorials for beginners could be better. You will have to learn a lot of things the hard way.
    -Dated graphics (but it still "looks and feels good").
    -Small player base - only about 200 concurrent gamers in the evening.
    -Games often take a long time to start (waiting in lobby for other players to ready up).

A friend recommended this. I had modest expectations and the game has exceeded them.
    I used to only play RedOrchestra2 online, but I liked this game enough that I have added it to my regular online gaming diet.

This is a severely underrated game that deserves a much bigger player base. Its great to play with your friends, otherwise its still decent, but not as good.
  11. Dec 7, 2015
    Guns of Icarus Online does provide some fun ship sailing adventure, but it needs massive improvement to it's fairly repetitive game-play and that on it's ugly looking textures.
  12. Jun 22, 2016
    I've barely gotten to play it for lack of buddies who own it, but Guns of Icarus struck me as an interesting game. The lovely steampunk asthetic combined with a reliance on a unique team synergy for success sets it apart from almost any other First Person game out there. I'd love to dig into it more.
  13. Dec 27, 2016
    Nagyon megtetszett az az ötlet, hogy egy steampunk világban egy gőzhajón egy csapat tagjaként szántsak a réten és valami eszméletlen élmény volt ezt átélni.

1. May 19, 2013
    There is some fun to be had with this game, and there is definitely a lot of potential given how the game is still evolving even though you can play it now.
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    It's good to see there are still developers who dare to try something different. Because let's be honest..how many zeppelin sims are out there now? Exactly. Guns of Icarus Online offers a fun concept, working together with some random players on a flying fortress, trying to defend it from other, similar foes. Bugs and lag cause major disappointment however. That's a shame, because the idea is great. Let's hope a great amount of patches will deal with these problems.
  3. Nov 16, 2012
    Despite its visual beauty and impressive execution, limited gameplay and general bugginess hold everything back. This beast has room to grow. When it does, expect great things. For now, a little turbulence makes for a bumpy ride.