8.9

1. Jan 19, 2013
    Truly immersive graphics and audio grabs the player and thrusts them into the middle of a explosive steam-punk universe that many gamers have been craving for. This game shines when it is played with friends as crew.
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    I created a Metacritic account today just to provide a review for this game because Guns of Icarus Online is that Great of a title. You don't have to be an aviation nut (I am), you don't have to enjoy steampunk (It helps) and you certainly don't have to dedicate hours (which I sometimes do) to enjoy this title. It's the type of game that you can log in for 30 minutes and leave with someI created a Metacritic account today just to provide a review for this game because Guns of Icarus Online is that Great of a title. You don't have to be an aviation nut (I am), you don't have to enjoy steampunk (It helps) and you certainly don't have to dedicate hours (which I sometimes do) to enjoy this title. It's the type of game that you can log in for 30 minutes and leave with some great memorable game experiences.

I've been beta testing since August, and I have to say, impressed is an understatement. The Muse Games team has a real gem of a game and here's why:

1. Voice Feature. Sounds simple, but really, how many games do you play today that has a push to talk feature built into the game? This voice feature really enhances the game experience and promotes dialogue among strangers. This is worth it's weight in gold.

2. Continual improvements. While this game just left Beta, that doesn't mean the team is slowing down, they are constantly adding new content, new maps and are focusing on producing a persistent DLC adventure mode. 3. Balancing. Ships feel well balanced, as does the logistics, the development team is doing a great job of addressing player concerns on a case by case basis. There is room for improvement, but as is, the game feels polished and engaging. The one point I'd dock is for lack of an ability to fire on another ship with a blunderbuss or a pistol. I hope they re-evaluate there position on this, but as it stands, this is a ship-to-ship strategy game.

4. Graphics and Audio. Pump that settings up to high and fly your way through a very beautiful world. Muse has created some very interesting environments that allows for some very fun gameplay options. When your in there world, you feel immersion, excitement and drama.

5. Developer Team. Very small but very connected to the community, they listen and they respond to the tester team, they continually improve the game and they keep a very transparent policy when it comes to artistic direction, technical specs and resolving issues. I see this team growing along with there wonderful concept of a game.

Now go buy the game and see what I'm talking about. You will not regret it.
  3. Nov 2, 2012
    Great game if you have a bunch of friends who would also want to team up with you and man an warship of the skies! 1) Co-Op: Cooperation is a must. Captians have to talk the other teams Captians to organize attacks. Engineers and Gunners will often spot an enemy long before the Captain sees it. And of course when the ship is damaged sometimes everyone has to chip in an repair. Lots ofGreat game if you have a bunch of friends who would also want to team up with you and man an warship of the skies! 1) Co-Op: Cooperation is a must. Captians have to talk the other teams Captians to organize attacks. Engineers and Gunners will often spot an enemy long before the Captain sees it. And of course when the ship is damaged sometimes everyone has to chip in an repair. Lots of frantic shouting over the games voice communication normally leads to success. A great game if you have a bunch of friends that want to man a steampunk combat airship with you.

2) Graphics: Very good at making yo feel like you are flying. Lots of cool smoke and cloud effects. Could use a little work here and there but overall very convincing and good. 3) Gameplay: There are three classes to choose from Captian (Pilot), Engineer, or Gunner. Obviously the Pilot is very important for the success of the ship. He/she has to constantly evaluate where the best place is for the ship. It helps if you have a crew that communicates... ie hey move the ship to the left a little so I can actually hit an enemy (since the guns have limited movement), or hey there is an enemy below us (since the Pilot can't see everything). Altitude advantage and knowing where your guns are is important. The Engineer is very meh for me... you run around trying to repair stuff or buff stuff. The Engineer can man guns but he has limited types of ammunition o choose from. Still... good engineers can really increase a ships survivability. The gunner is just raw fun. Point and shoot at stuff. Use cool ammo and make stuff blow up! Regardless of what class you play, EVERYONE has to chip in to help the ship succeed. Voice chat (already provided) is great in this game. There are also a large variety of guns and ship classes with different pros and cons. 4) Interface/match making. This aspect needs some work. It would be nice to be able to just form a party with a group of friends and join an available match. Also there are some glitches where you will exit out of match (you can rejoin though. Overall, for $20 its great for some cheap thrills with friends. You can just hop in for a thirty minute romp. Or you can play all night. Its a casual game but has some depth too. Its very novel and fun. As long as the developers keep working on it (and they seem to be) this game will grow into something awesome.
  4. May 16, 2014
    Let me start off by saying that this game requires an enormous amount of teamwork, communication, and coordination in order to do well. If you cannot find that, you will not have a good time with Guns of Icarus Online. If you can't use a mic, then it is not a good idea to be a captain, for it is more than just flying a ship. These reasons are why I find that player retention is quite low.Let me start off by saying that this game requires an enormous amount of teamwork, communication, and coordination in order to do well. If you cannot find that, you will not have a good time with Guns of Icarus Online. If you can't use a mic, then it is not a good idea to be a captain, for it is more than just flying a ship. These reasons are why I find that player retention is quite low.

This game is an incredibly immersive experience. Several different ships that you'll need to learn the ins and outs of, the weaponry, tools, pilot and gunner slots.

This game has a very high skill floor and skill ceiling, as every weapon you use has it's own arc, pattern, and momentum inheritance. Making just about every single shot you take require about as much skill as the next weapon. Not to mention that every weapon has their own unique damage types, some doing well at damaging certain areas of the enemy ships.

This game features no progression system to get any new ships, weapons, tools, or slots. All of that is given to you at the start. There is an achievement and leveling system, and there are cosmetic rewards for earning those achievements and levels, as well as badges and prefix titles.

Expect to wait in lobby's for anywhere between 10-30+ minutes. It takes time to build several crews! Thankfully, alt-tabbing won't crash you on most computers, so feel free to listen to some music. Or bring a gameboy while you wait in the lobby.

The artwork is incredible as is the steampunk setting. The amount of cosmetics and dyes you can either purchase or earn will allow you to give your character a unique and stylish look so that you don't feel like some copy/paste clone.

If you enjoy games that give you all the tools you need to succeed in the beginning. Absolutely no pay to win system, as well as a very well-made and well-balanced steampunk airship crew-style game. with a very high skill ceiling. You will love this. A lot.
  5. May 16, 2014
    I love it, addictive, fun and nice community just wish it had a single player campaign... The idea behind it is awesome just think I would be fun exploring more of the world...
  6. May 18, 2014
    I bought this game when it was first released in 2012 Oct and after I played some few rounds I have not played this game since. The biggest reason why I did not played this game after is because it requires some serious team communication to even destroy a single ship. Back than I did not have any friends who played this game so maintaining a ship and trying to fight was not so smooth.I bought this game when it was first released in 2012 Oct and after I played some few rounds I have not played this game since. The biggest reason why I did not played this game after is because it requires some serious team communication to even destroy a single ship. Back than I did not have any friends who played this game so maintaining a ship and trying to fight was not so smooth. However recently this game went on sale for $7.50 for 4 copies of the game so i bought two 4 pack bundle and played with 7 of my other friends controlling the 2 ship. I got to say when you have a team communication with your crews and captain of other ship in your team you can have some major fun in this game. It is worth the money you paid for. When you are in the middle of battle screaming for orders from captain and all the explosions happening around you, you will be seriously immersed in this game. Now if you will be playing this game with your friends it is no doubt 9 or even 10/10 but I have got to say it can get frustration and even seem very unfair and brutal if you play by yourself with uncoordinated team. So my final verdict is 8.5 out 10 Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2013
    Steampunk-style airships battle each other in team fights on a fairly limited amount of maps. There is no PvE mode, only competetive modes. Each ship has crew of 4 players on it, with different roles (gunner, engineer, pilot and one is additionaly a ship's captain). Co-op part of the game is done very well, victory usually depends on a good cooperation between crew members and shipSteampunk-style airships battle each other in team fights on a fairly limited amount of maps. There is no PvE mode, only competetive modes. Each ship has crew of 4 players on it, with different roles (gunner, engineer, pilot and one is additionaly a ship's captain). Co-op part of the game is done very well, victory usually depends on a good cooperation between crew members and ship captains. Surprisingly large amount of people use microphones and are actually willing to coop, so playing with randoms is perfectly viable if you don't expect to win every time. You can also play with bots in your team, and they are quite decent. Learning how to play it's quite easy and controls are pretty intuitive, so it's easy to pick up.
    There are various types of ships and captain can customize ship's weapons to his liking's, which is a good thing, but it could have been deeper than just weapons...You can also customize your character with special equipment (like special ammo types for gunner) which makes the game a bit more interesting, and customize looks of your character with a huge selection of masks, helmets, costumes and what not, however keep in mind that FOR MOST COSMETICS YOU HAVE TO PAY WITH REAL CASH those that are free don't look hideous so you can enjoy it without paying. Also all usable items are unlocked for free, without paying.
    Technically game is quite good, very stable and with almost no glitches. Graphics look a little dated, and there are silly things like not being able to see other ships' crew members, which makes you fight ghost ships that steer themselves.
    The game's main problem is lack of content. Even though devs are pumping content patches every now and then (over the course of 3 months it was hmm I think 1 ship and 1 new map, so not much .
    It is getting bored really quickly, because there are about 4 maps in this, not counting the tutorial map which is just a huge empty desert. There is not enough equipment and ship types/weapons to keep you interested for long. It all becomes extremely retentive after a few days/weeks deepening on your repetitiveness tolerance. Having a friends as your crew certainly would help increase the fun though.

Overall this is a decent game with a great price (I bought it for about 5 I think). Grab it if you like steampunk and co-op PvP games that are challenging but easy to pick up
  8. Jan 16, 2014
    Guns of icarus is a very good co-op game that needs communication. The fact that you will be part of a crew of 5 ( i think ) is a very good factor. Communication in this game is the key to win. The Leader will pilot the ship whilst the powder monkeys will manage the guns and the engineers will repair any damaged parts. The only flaw of the game is there are different game modes but theyGuns of icarus is a very good co-op game that needs communication. The fact that you will be part of a crew of 5 ( i think ) is a very good factor. Communication in this game is the key to win. The Leader will pilot the ship whilst the powder monkeys will manage the guns and the engineers will repair any damaged parts. The only flaw of the game is there are different game modes but they are all identical (You just have to destroy destroy destroy) Its not a boring game at all, but it gets a bit repetitive. One more thing is that players can freely quit the game without any penalty. Graphics are very detailed, you could also customize your character for show. My conclusion: It is a very fun game, good communication system ( you just have to press x to talk ), good for co-op people, but just a bit repetitive. Expand
  9. Mar 16, 2014
    An absolutely magnificent piece of work. An original and engaging game, Guns of Icarus Online is an absolute thrill to play either with strangers in its matchmaking mode or with your own crew of steampunk rogues.

There's really nothing like dashing in and out of pitched battle raining fire in your Squid, opening up a full broadside barrage with a Galleon or dashing in headlong with a Pyramidion, putting your navigational skills and cunning to the test.

How about dashing to and fro, making your way through the inner corridors of a mighty Mobula, dousing fires and repairing damage as you, your toolkit and your technical ingenuity become the only things keeping the great beast afloat?

Or maybe that's not your style. No, leave the fiddling about to the wrench jockeys. The gunner's for you. Be it taking your enemies apart piece by piece with the deadly accuracy of the Mercury Field Gun, or simply letting loose with a gatling gun like Reb Brown (screaming optional but encouraged). Break out the big guns and fire off a few dozen missiles with the Manticore Hwacha, or turn their balloon to shredded cloth with the colossal Lumberjack mortar. If you're feeling particularly nasty, perhaps use incendiary rounds. Need one massive blast in a pinch? Let them have it with a single massive Lochnagar blast. The choice is yours, and there's plenty of it.

Whatever your preference, you're sure to find a role in the best, most cohesive teamwork I've ever seen in a game since the release of Artemis. Make no mistake, though. In the words of Malcolm Reynolds, only a fool don't know that his family's his crew, and if you haven't joined up with your own, you'd best make friends fast, or there's no way you'll survive.

The only reason I've ranked this a ten is because I can't rank it higher.
  10. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is a great idea but for me it quickly got repetitive and rather boring as I found my self repairing the same thing over and over again. If you can get a decent group of friends together the game can be alot of fun and you can have some great moments when you and your buddy's ambush another air ship.
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    Just bought it during a Steam sale. I regret not buying it sooner, even at full price. Such an amazing concept very well executed. The community is awesome, so many people have mics.
  12. Aug 11, 2013
    Guns of Icarus is a modern masterpiece tackling a style of game play that few have ever tried and most have failed. The game is imersive and beautiful with very in depth mechanics, definitely a game to be played with friends for some all out fun.
  13. Nov 25, 2012
    Such a great game. A few of my friends and I got the game at the same time and are having a blast. The game is super easy to learn, and is some of the coolest gameplay I've ever seen. Teamwork is a must, so if you don't have buddies to play with, it might not be the best game for you. My only complaint is that the in-game costumes for your character cost real money.
  14. Nov 2, 2013
    This game deserves so much batter that just a 64! It is just great in any way! The teamplay is really well implemented via the voicechat and the different chat-rooms.
    If you search for a game which requires a ton of teamplay and communication you are welcomed to a friendly community with the most easy start you can have in a team-game.
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    An incredibly beautiful project and original gameplay. Guns of Icarus Online one of my favorite releases from the past few months. It's incredible to see such a highly polished game produced in Unity. I always login to play a quick match, but find myself addicted for hours, screaming at my crew and having a complete blast! If you have 3 gamer friends and need a great game to play, thisAn incredibly beautiful project and original gameplay. Guns of Icarus Online one of my favorite releases from the past few months. It's incredible to see such a highly polished game produced in Unity. I always login to play a quick match, but find myself addicted for hours, screaming at my crew and having a complete blast! If you have 3 gamer friends and need a great game to play, this game is a must. Expand
  16. Jan 30, 2013
    As a Steampunk fan, it doesn't get much better than the retro-futurism of Guns of Icarus Online. While not High Victorian gaslight fiction, the post-apocalyptic setting has plenty of exploding airships, intricate Gatling guns, and dapper aeronauts clothed in leather and canvas. The pace is hectic, and the amount of coordinated teamwork necessary for victory makes for a satisfyingAs a Steampunk fan, it doesn't get much better than the retro-futurism of Guns of Icarus Online. While not High Victorian gaslight fiction, the post-apocalyptic setting has plenty of exploding airships, intricate Gatling guns, and dapper aeronauts clothed in leather and canvas. The pace is hectic, and the amount of coordinated teamwork necessary for victory makes for a satisfying multiplayer experience. Playing with friends, with voice chat enabled, is very enjoyable. The firefights are intense, but its also nice to sit back and watch the scenery go by in the calm before the storm. The artwork that surrounds you is detailed and full of atmosphere. Little touches, like film grain and post processing effects, really add to the experience and make it feel like you are part of an old film. It's a little rough around the edges, but a fun time overall. Expand
  17. Jan 1, 2013
    Airships battles in a steampunk setting and a focus on coordinated teamwork. Does that sound interesting? Well let me tell you more. There are 3 character classes, pilot, gunner and engineer, each which a primary role. Respectively: steering the ship, manning the guns, and repairing damaged parts. Now, when you start playing a match, you can't switch classes anymore (for obvious balancingAirships battles in a steampunk setting and a focus on coordinated teamwork. Does that sound interesting? Well let me tell you more. There are 3 character classes, pilot, gunner and engineer, each which a primary role. Respectively: steering the ship, manning the guns, and repairing damaged parts. Now, when you start playing a match, you can't switch classes anymore (for obvious balancing reasons), but fortunately you get the option to multitask. You can freely run around the ships while you fly and are not stuck doing the same thing every time. If there's no need for repairing, an engineer can for instance quickly man a gun. Each class gets to choose 3 skills or tools for its own specialization, and one for the other two types. For instance, when being an engineer, you can pick 3 engineer perks, one gunner perk and one pilot perk. That way you're never completely useless taking over another role briefly, something which I really like. Now let's talk about the ships, seeing as they're the stars of this game. Each vessel is customizable to a certain degree. There a 6 different types of ship you can choose from. They range from quick but frail to sturdy but sluggish and several variations in between. They're all layed out differently as well, forcing you to learn the pro's and cons and how to get around on each one if you want to get good at the game. This isn't just important for defensive purposes like knowing the best route around the ship to get to a damaged part, but also to know what to aim for as a gunner, and what to steer clear from as a pilot. The goldfish for instance has its heaviest gun on the front. So you have to either try and stay at its side or be able to decommission the main cannon to stay out of harm's way. That brings me to the ship customization. There are a fixed number of weapon slots on each ship, predetermined for heavy or lighter gun types. While you can't just put any heavy cannon randomly on your ship, you do get to choose between various different guns for each slot. A fun setup for instance, is getting a lighter ship and having a heavy lumberjack cannon on the front, which does extra damage to balloons and also put some flamethrowers on the side. That way you can swoop in, cripple your enemy's vessel by forcing them into a descend, and then turn up above and around them and burn the ever living hell out of their ship. This will set their equipment on fire so any repairs are hampered, forcing them to keep plummeting and smash into the ground underneath! This is especially handy to take down the very sturdy but sluggish galleon type ship, as their main guns are on the lower sides and they would have a hard time aiming upwards at you while you burn them. It is well balanced however. This approach isn't going to be that effective when you take on more agile ships. People who complain that this game's not very tactical clearly don't have a grasp of the mechanics. In fact, if you fly into battle with no clue as to what you're doing, you're going to get crushed. But despite the learning curve, it's still tons of fun. Especially when you have a good crew going and have a mic. Another plus is that there's a built in voice chat with two channels: one for your own ship's crew, and one for all ships on your team. Pretty damn handy. I do have some very minor gripes with the game. It tends to crash to desktop every so often. However, the loading times are incredibly short and there's even a quick re-join button on the main menu that gets you right back into the match. If you crash it might literally only take 30 seconds to get back to your crew. Another thing is that the spawning might get a little glitchy for a few seconds, graphically. I think it has to do with the way the game loads. I've had the odd ship part glitching out too, but nothing too terrible. Actually, I've encountered very few game-breaking bugs overall. Another low note is the character progression, there isn't really much to say right now. Since the latest update you can level up your classes by doing various challenges. However, the only thing that you can unlock right now are costume pieces, which means that if you're going into the game as a complete newbie, you're going to have all the abilities and tools that a veteran player has. I can't think of anything more fair than that. I kind of regret not having the possibility to create a more personalized character model though. While you can also buy costumes from the (real) cash shop, there's very little in terms of facial editing. I ended up getting a (admittedly awesome looking) gas mask for my male avatar, because of it. The developers also promised to keep adding more content in the future and up 'till now, they've definitely kept their promises. You can also often see them online in the regional chat in the main lobby, actively conversing with the players. Concluding: I definitely recommend this one! Expand
  18. Jan 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. It deserves all the support it can get. Great mechanics, a lot of action, superior teamwork. Most importantly, devs are in constant communication with players.

Metacritic's score does not do justice to the game. In fact, I think their policies are opaque and skewed. There are tons of great reviews out there for this game and they're not even here. Screw Metacritic and GET THIS GAME NOW!!!
  19. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is loads of fun with friends. We spend hours just playing this game when we all have free time, and its great. Clothing is a little over priced, and I'd like to see more ships and more guns, but this would only be icing on the cake. A solid game through and through.
  20. Dec 2, 2012
    I've never heard of this game before, until yesterday, and i'm in love. The steampunk art-style is well designed and fit perfectly, remind me of Treasure Planet. The felling of the guns are good and the felling of driving the ship is even better.
    Except few bugs this game is perfect, find a couple of friends to play with, open Teamspeak and have fun.
  21. Jan 29, 2013
    A fantastic game where 4-player crews can fight other ships in the steampunk skies of a far off future. My favorite class in the Engineer, where it's your job to keep your ship in the air and put out almost every fire (and there will be fire, trust me). You can either compete with out crews by capturing points on the maps or just shooting each other out of the skies. If you're a fan ofA fantastic game where 4-player crews can fight other ships in the steampunk skies of a far off future. My favorite class in the Engineer, where it's your job to keep your ship in the air and put out almost every fire (and there will be fire, trust me). You can either compete with out crews by capturing points on the maps or just shooting each other out of the skies. If you're a fan of co-op, steampunk futures, airships or all three, this is the game for you. Expand
  22. Jan 31, 2013
    AWESOME GAME!
    Finally, a game that relies on teamwork and strategy, like an action packed game of chess. Super addictive and thrilling. So many interesting maps and play modes. Love the stylized art and animation.
    HURRY UP AND JOIN MY CREW!
  23. May 15, 2013
    Amazing game! Different ships, weapons, and character upgrades work together to make for many different strategies whether it is sticking back picking other ships off from a distance or running up and close in a speedy ship in hit and run missions or just bashing your way through on the tank of a ship absorbing damage but being a sitting duck compared to the more maneuverable and quickerAmazing game! Different ships, weapons, and character upgrades work together to make for many different strategies whether it is sticking back picking other ships off from a distance or running up and close in a speedy ship in hit and run missions or just bashing your way through on the tank of a ship absorbing damage but being a sitting duck compared to the more maneuverable and quicker ships. All the weapons and ships seem to be pretty well balanced, The important thing is that the four person crew works together. Voice chat is a plus and the in game voice chat makes that easy. Every now and then you get someone in a pick up game who refuses to work together but all in all the community seems to be very friendly and helpful in getting new players into the game and comfortable with the roles they choose. Combat is a good mix of frantic gunning repairing and piloting one minute then short breather and doing it all over again. Strategy lovers may enjoy the strategy and planning that goes in equipping their ship out with different combinations of weapons to meet different situations then the challenge of piloting their ship to get off the perfect broadside or hit and run strike on a heavier armed vessel. Expand
  24. May 20, 2013
    This is a fantastic team based game. The way you have to work together with your drew to win against your opponents is done very well. The graphics are beautiful, this game achieves an amazing feel of a steampunk world. The community is also great, people are very friendly and willing to help teach you to improve. Playing with friends is a major plus but not necessary. The developers alsoThis is a fantastic team based game. The way you have to work together with your drew to win against your opponents is done very well. The graphics are beautiful, this game achieves an amazing feel of a steampunk world. The community is also great, people are very friendly and willing to help teach you to improve. Playing with friends is a major plus but not necessary. The developers also listen to the players and are always working on more content for the game. The only this that has kept me from giving this a 10/10 is that there are some improvements that could be made to the lobby system, like the ability to make parties with friends and queue up together, but that is it really. Expand
  25. Jun 6, 2013
    Awesome steampunk setting with great team-work potential. The airship battles are great especially if you have a good crew. They require some strategy though, so don't heistate to read game's wiki.
    It's delicious and creamy with cherry on top if you can get your friends to play it I unfortunately could not because my friends are not into steampunk (I'm not either, or I wasn't untill I played this game). There are microtransactions but they are ONLY comsetics so don't worry about it and you get some of them for achievements. Graphics are pretty decent, airships look very detailed and interesting. It bored me after some time because of not much content atm (though they're producing new monthly) and because each match with random players is a roulette you can find friendly, experienced crew members or retarted kids with no brains and girly voices. Luckily it's usually the 1st case. Give it a try, don't hate steampunk untill you try it
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    I've been playing Guns of Icarus since shortly after it's beta, and seen it grow tremendously in that time. Although the game has a brutal learning curve, the reason that curve is so high has more to do with learning to co-operate with the small team crewing the ship with you then it does with the actual gameplay.

Guns features outstanding visual, sound, and gameplay, and packages them

Guns features outstanding visual, sound, and gameplay, and packages them together in such a way that wining or losing comes down to team work first, and experience a close second. Every ship handles differently, and it took an investment of around 15 hours for me to get over the steep curve and really begin to enjoy flying the skies.

I can honestly say that I have had more fun in one 45 minute match with Guns that anything else I have played, ever. When your team is really on, it's like winning a superbowl.

I won't bother to review the 3 different classes, or how each ship differs, or what gun is the shiniest, all that really needs to be said here is this: If you are looking for an online, co-operative experience, you owe it to yourself to join this fantastic community.
  27. Aug 4, 2013
    I find this game thrilling and addictive to play. I am really looking forward to the promised adventure mode. Every game is different from the last which is a really good aspect of the game. This game is best if you have a couple of friends to take to the skies with you as it make the co op side of the game much easier. It doesn't matter if you don't have friends to team up with the gameI find this game thrilling and addictive to play. I am really looking forward to the promised adventure mode. Every game is different from the last which is a really good aspect of the game. This game is best if you have a couple of friends to take to the skies with you as it make the co op side of the game much easier. It doesn't matter if you don't have friends to team up with the game has a great integrated voice chat system which makes co op 10 times easier. The great thing about each class (pilot gunner engineer) is they can do the other classes jobs i.e a pilot's and gunners can repair but they do not have a ll the tools so they may not be able to deal with a fire for example. The game looks great. Expand
  28. Aug 6, 2013
    The moment I saw this game, my head nearly exploded. It is the ultimate combo of steam-punk, team-play, role-play, and shoot 'em up. The general idea of the game is already enough to make most people to at least try it out. I hope the developers can create more amazing games such as this one.
  29. Aug 8, 2013
    I absolutely love this game and no matter what critics think i will always love it. its got great unique game play. The Co op is brilliant with friends or alone and no matter what position you pick the game you play will be completely different.
  30. Oct 21, 2013
    Really great game, nice graphics, not too many bugs and it's really good to have a ship with friends and fight against other people! Also it doesn't cost alot,
  31. Mar 26, 2013
    Very original game.

Very original game.

I am no fan of the Unity engine but this game makes it look good. Teamwork, Teamwork and Teamwork. If you like to work with a team of people then this is the game for you. Lone wolf players really have no hope of getting anywhere in this game. The community is great at welcoming and helping new players. You will need some help and advice when you start playing this game so make sure you jump on a crew that is using voice communication.

There is some fun to be had with this game, and there is definitely a lot of potential given how the game is still evolving even though you can play it now.
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    It's good to see there are still developers who dare to try something different. Because let's be honest..how many zeppelin sims are out there now? Exactly. Guns of Icarus Online offers a fun concept, working together with some random players on a flying fortress, trying to defend it from other, similar foes. Bugs and lag cause major disappointment however. That's a shame, because the idea is great. Let's hope a great amount of patches will deal with these problems.
  3. Nov 16, 2012
    Despite its visual beauty and impressive execution, limited gameplay and general bugginess hold everything back. This beast has room to grow. When it does, expect great things. For now, a little turbulence makes for a bumpy ride.