9.2

1. AravindaP.
    Oct 8, 2007
    The best game I've ever seen! VALVE has done the best job ever to make this game come to life. The scripting is revolutionary. If only other games were like this...
  2. DenisN.
    Oct 9, 2007
    This is a greate game with super graphics and very interesting story line!!! Keep it up !!! Hope Episode Two would be as good as Half-lefe 2 or even better!!!
  3. LukeM.
    Feb 16, 2007
  4. AnonymousMC
    Mar 22, 2007
    Para my el hl2 es el mejor juego kon grafica espectacular asta es mejor kel finalfantasi XIII , es 100 veces mejor pok tiene muxa acion violencia etc... y Lord C es un pelele k no tiene ni idea de juegos del siglo 21. Si kereis mas in formacion my steam is COPEGI .
  5. R.Rodriguez
    Mar 22, 2007
    I wasn't disappointed playing this game. I used the easy level on the first go around and still it was difficult. Having the girl show up after I had gone through hell to finish a level and in the end was the biggest irritant. I did feel the game was a too short.
  6. PutinVladimir
    May 6, 2007
    COOL!!!
  7. AlexH.
    May 7, 2007
    The game was quite sweet, but I think they could have made more out of it... When I play, I don't feel like Gordon nor I am really depressed of the atmosphere... (...and I guess I actually should be ;) )
  8. AnonymousMC
    Jun 8, 2007
    Another paradigm shifting game under Valve's belt. The characters are very colorful compared to your typically boring game personalities. The inclusion of the boat and buggy driving adds some well needed gameplay diversity. The only gripe I have is that aside from the barnicles, vortigons and crabs, we don't see any of our aliens from the first games. Still, a great game!
  9. HughM.
    Jun 9, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  10. Yanko
    Jul 10, 2007
    I just finished the game, and IMO it's the BEST I've ever played in my life(I played a lot of games through the years!)
  11. FernandoF.
    Jul 24, 2007
    brilliant.
  12. MasonAlbright
    Aug 23, 2007
    Easily the best FPS ever.
  13. B'chandrasekarB.
    Aug 4, 2007
    the game has high quality but the game play isent as great as they say it is . Still it is one of the top games out there
  14. JonathanM.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Technical issues due to YOUR slow and erroneous dialup line and issues due to STEAM (read, NOT HALF LIFE 2) should not factor into your rating. Rate the game, not the other factors. --For whoever said they want to see Half-Life with the same graphics, you're in luck. A mod team is working on "Black Mesa" a total conversion mod of HL2 to HL1. Not out yet, but eagerly anticipated.
  15. BatalovB.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Half-Life 2 is the best FPS ever. The physical engine are fabulous and of course the scenario too.
  16. simonKotaleski
    Sep 1, 2007
    The best Sci-Fi thriller ever!
  17. CheteN.
    Sep 20, 2007
    If bioshock took 100 This game deserve at least 200.
  18. AF
    Sep 22, 2007
    This is simply one of the best games ever made. I had to vote just to cancel out Eric H's completely insane ramblings below.
  19. LukeM.
    Nov 10, 2008
  20. NunoP.
    Oct 10, 2008
    Very very deep gameplay, awesome plot, incredible situations (like the bridge level with awesome envirnoment)... Simply the best game i have ever played hands down. Congratulations Valve.
  21. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Best FPS to date. I've played many FPS's and not many games have as good graphics, physics, AI, fun, level design, story, character development, ect. as Half-life 2, and absolutely NONE have all of these together as well as Half-life 2.
  22. Bobbobbo
    Jan 20, 2008
  23. NicholasL
    Jan 29, 2008
    Half-life 2 is a really good game. The story is really great done and it's full of action. It's a little scary sometimes and you often get frustrated when you get stuck( but not much =P ) I give it a 9
  24. AndreasW.
    Jan 4, 2008
    For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember this game in jears. !!!! It's not just a game, it's HALF LIFE 2 !!!! Expand
  25. MicahB.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This game was a riveting expansion of its predecessor. It brought all the engaging elements of the original and multiplied there enjoyment exponentially.
  26. bionicmexican5.0
    Feb 19, 2008
    the best game i have ever played the physics are way better than anyother game (throwing TV's at the combine) and the story is so intriguiging i still play this game even after a year......the first level point insertion was what hooked me......when i was runnin from the combine after i threw a TV out of a window it was just so intense and the people that help you along the way the best game i have ever played the physics are way better than anyother game (throwing TV's at the combine) and the story is so intriguiging i still play this game even after a year......the first level point insertion was what hooked me......when i was runnin from the combine after i threw a TV out of a window it was just so intense and the people that help you along the way seemed so real i wanted to help them barricade the door but my adrenaline was pumping big time and i just kept running............i love when u drive to black mesa east that is the best part of the game.......driving long distances fighting battles here and there just gave a sense of realism that i was THE LAST HOPE....before i picked up HL2 i was desperate for a single player FPS i got tired of playing CS CSS CSCZ HL2DM and just MP games in general...i wanted an FPS with a gripping storyline, and i wanted to feel like i was the player i controlled not just another player........when i picked up HL2 it satisfied my FPS craving and exceeded my expectations of a Single Player FPS by such a high degree i was like.....this is The Best Single Player game of all time.......and still today i play the game.......i love the puzzles and how they use the physics to solve them...they are so well put together i had a small degree of trouble but im pretty good at solving puzzles and when i figured out i had to take advantage of the physics ( like putting barrels under a cage so i would float up and cause the cage to lift above the water so the ramp would be at an angle so i could drive my airboat up and over a wall on the water hazard level) this added a new dimension to puzzle solving never before seen in anyother game i have ever played...............all in all I LOVE THIS GAME Expand
  27. LukeM.
    Feb 6, 2008
  28. Bobbobbo
    Mar 1, 2008
  29. MichaelC.
    Mar 30, 2008
    By far, the best game ever! An epic adventure. Unmatched game play and graphics. You really feel like you're part of the story. The game physics blow me away. You can play this game over and over. I've played it 4 times and will definitely play it again. Yes, it's that cool.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Apr 6, 2008
    By far one of the best games on the market, the beautiful graphics are backed up by one of the most engaging story lines, and an amazing physics engine, make this a required play. The use of Zombies in the game is also great, they spring out at you from the most unexpected places. This game has few faults, one of those is that they can't get the new episodes out fast enough, anotherBy far one of the best games on the market, the beautiful graphics are backed up by one of the most engaging story lines, and an amazing physics engine, make this a required play. The use of Zombies in the game is also great, they spring out at you from the most unexpected places. This game has few faults, one of those is that they can't get the new episodes out fast enough, another is the bad team system, but that is negligible.

In short, if they like FPSs, or even if you don't, get this game.
  31. BenE.
    Apr 7, 2008
    This is one game series which i play over and over again, Defo must have.
  32. ErvinK
    Apr 8, 2008
    Great game, takes the story telling of all games to a new level.
  33. Bobbobbo
    May 3, 2008
  34. DevinFore
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game has the best graphics, a huge improvment from the 1st half life, i hope they make a 3rd half life, for pc =)
  35. DevonS.
    Jul 19, 2008
    This game is one of the very elite, very few single-player games with a steady storyline and linear aspect (not to be confused with sandbox games) that I have played through more than once.
  36. JohnR..
    Jul 20, 2008
    Haven't even gone too deep into the game yet, but I can already see that it lives up to it's predecessor's awesome existence.
  37. jeremyf.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game ever. Amazing story and general game play. The multi player is great. The best graphics yet! Oh did i say amazing story, cuz it really is great. This game also has some of the coolist mods ever such as Dystopia. Just plain amazing. 10 is not high enuff.
  38. TelmoC.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game in the world.
  39. JoachimE
    Mar 13, 2009
    This is one of the best games ever made.
  40. AlexW
    May 31, 2009
    Although visuals are wonderful, gameplay feels unrealistic. I know it did a lot to revolutionize FPS's, but somehow the engine doesn't feel right. It works for TF2, just not this game. Also, AI is rediculous and moves unrealistically. Instead of crouching behing cover and firing, they walk back and forth, which nobody would do in a real fight.
  41. FernandoF.
    Sep 8, 2009
    brilliant.
  42. AllanD
    Jan 17, 2010
    A game that keeps you glued to the screen finding ways to complete your task as well as killing.. Cool game.. Always enjoyed it and still do now in 2010!!
  43. JoeC
    Jan 23, 2010
    Do not trust dsgv edvadt's comment as it lacks both truth and proper spelling. Instead believe that this game has an incredibly immersive plot, a wide range of graphics settings and excellent first-person gameplay.
  44. LukeM.
    Feb 1, 2010
  45. JakubM.
    Mar 13, 2010
    Next to Halo, probably one of the best games and game series of all time. Yes, it does lack the multiplayer and every single vehicle isn't at your disposal, like halo, but if you are looking to buy this game, buy it. The AI is amazing, and the digital actors have won many awards, from their in-game expressions and pin-point accurate lip syncing. This game is also on the 2nd game of Next to Halo, probably one of the best games and game series of all time. Yes, it does lack the multiplayer and every single vehicle isn't at your disposal, like halo, but if you are looking to buy this game, buy it. The AI is amazing, and the digital actors have won many awards, from their in-game expressions and pin-point accurate lip syncing. This game is also on the 2nd game of all time, i belive, and is the best selling action game franchise of all time. The Half-Life saga also has more, with in my view, even better games Episode 1 and Episode 2, both for the low prices of $20 (now probably even at discount prices). BUY IT! Expand
  46. ElrikJ.
    Apr 12, 2010
    This game is one of the most revolutionary games out there. It combines fear action and a brilliant story to boot. this game deserves a 10 due to its spectaculare play style and feel. You get sucked into the character of gordern freeman and start to see this universe as a real awsome place. This game is superb and i suggest it to anyone wanting a Epicly brilliant pc game to play.
  47. tonik
    Apr 18, 2010
    The best SP game ive ever played along with MAFIA, the world that is created, with the physics and graphics the best in the world (i play it with CM 10.30), you feel like in a movie like World of war, such an intense atmosphere and very different styles of levels.
  48. LukeM.
    Apr 19, 2010
  49. FilippoS
    Apr 4, 2010
    An absolute masterpiece, everything about this game has been perfected in some way, the physics, the lighting, the story, the game-play and most of all the sheer amount of fun you get from this amazing experience. A game truly worthy of a 10 and equally as good and fresh as its predecessor.
  50. Nicholas
    Apr 4, 2010
    The single greatest game of all time (stfu MW 2 fanboys, it's a great game but hardly the best ever) I must disagree with the person calling themselves Uber Gamer 101 because the HL2 single player is OVER 10 HOURS! so are you trying to tell me that you got the game, installed it and played non-stop for 14 hours? This game surpassed another big game of the time *cough* DooM 3 *cough* The single greatest game of all time (stfu MW 2 fanboys, it's a great game but hardly the best ever) I must disagree with the person calling themselves Uber Gamer 101 because the HL2 single player is OVER 10 HOURS! so are you trying to tell me that you got the game, installed it and played non-stop for 14 hours? This game surpassed another big game of the time *cough* DooM 3 *cough* and, unlike said game was more then a remake of a game before it. Graphics:10 (for the time) Gameplay:11 Mods:9 Replayability:8 Overall:10 (why does this rating system only go to ten?) What I would have put as the overall:11 Expand
  51. PyryJ.
    Apr 9, 2010
    Liked the game. Looking at the other comments and ratings I could say that there is too many people rating it 10 and too many people just trolling amongst them. The AI is bad, levels are intresting but linear(but I didnt expect anything else from a FPS), the story is good, the graphics are good for the time (go to hell grapics whores!), and the game play was fun for most of the time.
  52. BitBurn
    Nov 18, 2004
    Installation was brutal. Had to restart like 5 times because one of the file wouldn
  53. ChrisD.
    Nov 18, 2004
    Best Game Ever, this game has had so much effort put into it. But then again, it has been 5 years in the making. I think this beat the crap out of halo 2 which is a boring FPS that has no skill to it. Best game EVER and will stand the test of time.
  54. BlakeT.
    Nov 20, 2004
    Unbelievable!
  55. DavidC.
    Dec 13, 2004
    Best first person shooter since.. well, since Half-Life. Not my favourite genre, but I am absolutely _loving_ this. The most visceral experience I've ever had from a PC game.
  56. X.X.
    Dec 6, 2004
    This is the best game ever made. and the people who gave it a five just didnt have the machine to run it properly or just doom fan boys.
  57. BobB.
    Dec 6, 2004
    It's hard to believe Valve managed to pull such an honorable follow-up to the number 1 FPS ever made. Outstanding! However, I thought it was a little short. Or was I that absorbed into the action that time went that fast?! ;-)
  58. JohnB.
    Dec 7, 2004
    Sorry Zaminiski, but I rate games on how fun they are to play, not on what someone who's a bit too earnest in their dislike of the game and who throws in a Far Cry advert tells me. Half-Life 2 is a truly fun experience. Simple as that. Nitpick all you want (Crates and scripted events? Outrage!), it's executed extremely well with lots of polish, the graphics are superb, the Sorry Zaminiski, but I rate games on how fun they are to play, not on what someone who's a bit too earnest in their dislike of the game and who throws in a Far Cry advert tells me. Half-Life 2 is a truly fun experience. Simple as that. Nitpick all you want (Crates and scripted events? Outrage!), it's executed extremely well with lots of polish, the graphics are superb, the combat is extremely good, and it is remarkably immersive. I can't wait to play it again. Expand
  59. AnthonyS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game ever made. Period. This game, its gameplay, graphics, storyline, and creativity are simply and utterly flawless. It is undeniably the first game in history to ever surpass all expectations of a video game. Add to that the amazing multiplayer capabilities that the game is open to, and we have ourselves a winner.
  60. Krillan
    Oct 27, 2004
    Fantastic!!!
  61. DivineMethod
    Dec 9, 2004
    The source engine and the graphics have a lot going for it, but when it comes down to creativity this game falls short. 10 for graphics 10 for the feel of the game 9 for the sound 8 for the fun level 5 story/ script.
  62. Cheese
    Jan 11, 2005
    HL2 is the best pc game to date.... it eats up DOOM 3 and there is just so much to do in the game... if u have a pc.. u should have this game.
  63. GregW.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Awesome game. Builds on the original in terms of rivalling movies and books in character depth, a story that can enthrall you if you take the time to actually listen to what the AI says (Looking at you Ian F). Why a 9 and not a 10? Linear, although that seems to be par for the course in terms of FPS's (excluding Far Cry), and steam, which although it proved no problem to me, was a Awesome game. Builds on the original in terms of rivalling movies and books in character depth, a story that can enthrall you if you take the time to actually listen to what the AI says (Looking at you Ian F). Why a 9 and not a 10? Linear, although that seems to be par for the course in terms of FPS's (excluding Far Cry), and steam, which although it proved no problem to me, was a pain in the rear for a dial up friend of mine. Expand
  64. SteveJ.
    Jan 19, 2005
    The Steam set up is so annoying for anyone on a modem that I'll never buy another Valve/Steam product again. For the game, if you're lucky enough to get it running, it is beautifully done as far as the environment goes. The gameplay is fun and the graphics are the best out there, except for Far Cry. (Make sure you have a fast GPU) I found the game to work well and to be The Steam set up is so annoying for anyone on a modem that I'll never buy another Valve/Steam product again. For the game, if you're lucky enough to get it running, it is beautifully done as far as the environment goes. The gameplay is fun and the graphics are the best out there, except for Far Cry. (Make sure you have a fast GPU) I found the game to work well and to be enjoyable. The story line was good too. Overall I enjoyed this game, but feel the overhyped accolades by most review sites are caused by their fear of not fitting in. The game falls flat on the absolute linearity of the gameplay. There's only one way to go. It is so well done that I didn't mind it for the most part, but there is really no ingenuity involved to play the game. You just slog from one sequence to another. Still a pretty good game that would be much better without Steam. Expand
  65. AndrewB.
    Dec 1, 2005
    Arguably the single most immersive game ever made. The story line was a fabulous continuation of the original and the game managed to use its spectacular physics engine without becoming overly gimmicky. In an article by PC Gamer it was stated that EA was trying to make the citizen cane of gaming, but considering this game i think you need look no further than valve. My one beef with this Arguably the single most immersive game ever made. The story line was a fabulous continuation of the original and the game managed to use its spectacular physics engine without becoming overly gimmicky. In an article by PC Gamer it was stated that EA was trying to make the citizen cane of gaming, but considering this game i think you need look no further than valve. My one beef with this game is that the ending was a complete dissapointment, total cliff hanger. Expand
  66. GregA.
    Jan 24, 2005
    HL2 is a great game so I'll get the little annoyances out the road now. Having to go online each time is a pain, fortunately I now have broadband but could not imagine how annoying it would have to be to be on dial up. But the pirates are the only ones to blame...so blame them! Secondly I have a pretty good PC @ 2.1 Ghz, 512 RAM and a Radeon 9600XT...something I would call "middle HL2 is a great game so I'll get the little annoyances out the road now. Having to go online each time is a pain, fortunately I now have broadband but could not imagine how annoying it would have to be to be on dial up. But the pirates are the only ones to blame...so blame them! Secondly I have a pretty good PC @ 2.1 Ghz, 512 RAM and a Radeon 9600XT...something I would call "middle ground" and yet it took ages to load and save that it did take the fun out of the moment. I'll also say that I played it on the hardest setting yet there were very few occasions when I had to scavenge for ammo or health, there always seemed to be enough if you were prepared to look for it. Yes the game is linear but its a story and I can't imagine how (or why) you would want to play it with full freedom, it would just take too long. There is one scene where you need to find two batteries in order to open a barricade. As a test I used the gravity gun to eject a battery over the cliff face - I turned around and saw another battery fall out of thin air back to its original spot...so bascially you can't just do anything you want otherwise the game wouldn't progress. Speaking of which, the gravity gun was an ingenious inclusion in the game, it just made yet another FPS a lot more interesting. Moving tables about to shield yourself, or throwing petrol drums at guards was pretty cool in my books. Not as great as the original but it was a solid game with lovely gameplay and worth every cent. Expand
  67. KDog
    Jan 5, 2005
    This game is nothing short of incredible. Graphics and Physics are asounding. In terms of comparing it to Farcry, I'd say they're pretty close. HL does water manipulation far better. The only thing that ticks me off is Steam - the software required to run HL2. That program is a pain in the butt, and not having a high speed connection meant I had to spend four hours downloading This game is nothing short of incredible. Graphics and Physics are asounding. In terms of comparing it to Farcry, I'd say they're pretty close. HL does water manipulation far better. The only thing that ticks me off is Steam - the software required to run HL2. That program is a pain in the butt, and not having a high speed connection meant I had to spend four hours downloading Steam updates and Ads before I was allowed to touch the real game. Now, I recognize why it was done, Valve was POed that their code got stolen by hackers in mid production a year and a half ago, and they had to delay for more than a year to rewrite it. But this is taking it a bit too far. I really hope games don't begin to adopt a system of gameplay like Steam, or I won't be buying too many more games in the future. I knew about Steam before I bought it, and the only reason I actually did buy was because it was Half Life 2. Anything else I would have seriously reconsidered. Overall: Game is incredible, Steam stinks. Expand
  68. JaneDoe
    Jan 9, 2005
    Overrated. Can't compare with Far Cry, Deus Ex, Call of Duty, or Medal of Honor.
  69. K-van
    Feb 17, 2005
    A great technical achievement. But you've all heard the good, so here's the bad: Unfortunately HL2 lacks the challenge presented by its predecessor. Health power ups were available at every turn, which eliminated the need for any serious kind of FPS tactics (even on hard)...simply run, gun, and heal yourself. Ammo was extremely plentiful as well. This was a shame since limiting A great technical achievement. But you've all heard the good, so here's the bad: Unfortunately HL2 lacks the challenge presented by its predecessor. Health power ups were available at every turn, which eliminated the need for any serious kind of FPS tactics (even on hard)...simply run, gun, and heal yourself. Ammo was extremely plentiful as well. This was a shame since limiting the ammo would have forced players to use the gravity gun more. Instead the grav gun felt more like a gimmic. The vehicles were cool for the most part, however the airship level was too long. It's hard for me to say this but I was actually bored at that point. Overall HL2 is a game of amazing moments strung together by mediocre ones. Expand
  70. AB
    Feb 1, 2005
    To describe how amazing this game is would be as hard as letting go of it. The graphics are incredible, the sound is perfect, and (most importantly) the gameplay is superb. Plus, you can use a gravity gun to throw babies at people. It doesn't get much better than this. Oh, wait a minute. Yes, it does. You can also make cars fall on enemies. And when the mods come out it may get EVEN To describe how amazing this game is would be as hard as letting go of it. The graphics are incredible, the sound is perfect, and (most importantly) the gameplay is superb. Plus, you can use a gravity gun to throw babies at people. It doesn't get much better than this. Oh, wait a minute. Yes, it does. You can also make cars fall on enemies. And when the mods come out it may get EVEN better (if that's possible). Expand
  71. WilliamR.
    Feb 3, 2005
    Rarely does a mega-hyped game live up to it's hype. Half-Life 2 was perhaps the most hyped game of all time. And if anything, it exceded the hype, and indeed all expectations.
  72. MikeL.
    Feb 6, 2005
    The only reason I don't rate it a 10 is that I don't know what the "perfect" game is. This is an awesome game that thrusts you into another world. The realism is uncanny. I turn off all the lights in the "computer room" and slip into Gordon Freeman's body. What a rush! Those galloping ghouls that debut in Ravenholm will freak you out! The situations that you find yourself The only reason I don't rate it a 10 is that I don't know what the "perfect" game is. This is an awesome game that thrusts you into another world. The realism is uncanny. I turn off all the lights in the "computer room" and slip into Gordon Freeman's body. What a rush! Those galloping ghouls that debut in Ravenholm will freak you out! The situations that you find yourself in often require you to stop, take stock of your surroundings, and figure out how to think your way out of the dilemma. I wish I could erase my memory and play it anew over and over again. Expand
  73. Giovanni
    Mar 23, 2005
    Its a great game but too overhyped, there are better games in terms of gameplay that still offer scripted storyline like far cry. The use of physics is a great addition and the graphics are fantastic, the AI is not so good. Overall a great game worth playing and buying but not as perfect as the reviewers say.
  74. KevB.
    Apr 7, 2005
    BEST GAME EVER! game of the year X ten! it is soo good! the final boss rocked big time! the weapons are all so cool!
  75. DavidG.
    May 4, 2005
    Uses multi-sensory techniques to immerse you in a virtual world. Audio in particular is awesome. Maybe not a real challenge compared to some killer FPS, but probably better at RPG simulation for those who like living in an alternate reality--though it is linear, so don't expect to create your own story. Another little annoyance is the game's broken into relatively small bits Uses multi-sensory techniques to immerse you in a virtual world. Audio in particular is awesome. Maybe not a real challenge compared to some killer FPS, but probably better at RPG simulation for those who like living in an alternate reality--though it is linear, so don't expect to create your own story. Another little annoyance is the game's broken into relatively small bits with load times between them. With no cut scenes to chew on, waiting a few seconds for loads is a shruggable offense. As for peeps other complaints: I use DSL to connect to the Internet and haven't had any problems so far with Steam, I loaded the game from DVD in about ten minutes, and I haven't seen any real bugs or evidence of bad programming. Expand
  76. MichaelV.
    Jun 10, 2005
    Hideto M. your just being negative! but seriously this is a great game and it deserves its praise. Just because everyone says this game is great doesnt make us all conformist a$$holes maybe it just means this is a great game. The first game was not over rated and did deserve its praise. Thanks to Half-Life we are not playing mindless corridor shooters. Go ahead and say we are mindless and Hideto M. your just being negative! but seriously this is a great game and it deserves its praise. Just because everyone says this game is great doesnt make us all conformist a$$holes maybe it just means this is a great game. The first game was not over rated and did deserve its praise. Thanks to Half-Life we are not playing mindless corridor shooters. Go ahead and say we are mindless and have no opinions but i have more people to back me up that this is a great game than you do. Expand
  77. JoeD.
    Jun 27, 2005
    I don't know why people are so enamoured with this game. It definitely is not worth 10. Why? Far too linear. There is hardly any reply value. The game isn't that much different to Doom 3 gameplay wise. Just has better scripted events, more varied enemies and slightly better AI. Why couldn't Valve spend more of their time developing superior AI? The enemy AI is below average I don't know why people are so enamoured with this game. It definitely is not worth 10. Why? Far too linear. There is hardly any reply value. The game isn't that much different to Doom 3 gameplay wise. Just has better scripted events, more varied enemies and slightly better AI. Why couldn't Valve spend more of their time developing superior AI? The enemy AI is below average at best, no where near as smart as the AI in Halo 1/2 or Far Cry. The graphics are great, although Doom 3 still looks better. The story needed more work, it's still all too shrouded. WIth games as linear as this the story has to be very strong, and it's just too weak and vague here. Real shame, this could have been outstanding, especially with the engine used. The whole experience, even despite some very memorable moments, was for me a little empty once i'd completed the game. Expand
  78. Lars
    Jul 22, 2005
    Adam is a *****. "Yes, i was blown away by the game, but i give it a Zero because i don't like steam." I think youre supposed to rate the game, not the installation process.
  79. BobI.
    Aug 1, 2005
    The game is great but it is confusing at times given so little company support. I purchased the game from CompUSA and it came with no manual and a very small player Quick Reference Card. What makes it a great game is the depth of environmental control the player has. You do a lot more than shoot the enemy. You must use your environment to get out of predicaments. Whether it be using The game is great but it is confusing at times given so little company support. I purchased the game from CompUSA and it came with no manual and a very small player Quick Reference Card. What makes it a great game is the depth of environmental control the player has. You do a lot more than shoot the enemy. You must use your environment to get out of predicaments. Whether it be using gravity and pullies to get a ramp to move into place or operating a crane to move your vehicle, there are a variety of problems that go far beyond the shoot-em up experience. Graphics are excellent and play is not bad even on my mid-level system according to game recommendations. The story line is not always clear or even presented in depth but it is there. Battles get intense and require numerous re-loads that are slow at times. The use of Internet connectivity is not clear or explained so installing this on your computer and then registering leaves one feeling anxious about what goes on in the background both when playing and when not playing. As I said before support is weak from my experience. I sent an email to support asking some of these questions and received no reply. Expand
  80. GiancarloB.
    Sep 26, 2005
    game is the best. o ya and mr Sean War who said "gave it a0: Really repetitive, nothing changes, doesnt come close to doom 3 when it comes to graghics" doom 3 was the worst game ever it was just simply tarible. lacked a story ulike this one. unlike any other sequal to a game this one just blows ur mind away. game is great. the AI is great and the story contines to amaze me.
  81. MadsH.
    Oct 11, 2006
    This is the best singleplayer fps-shoot up, I've ever played no doubt to that! Keep em comming.. should I say 'Half life 3' ?
  82. JoeyR.
    Nov 10, 2006
    All I can say is wow! Truly AMAZING! Far Cry was my all time fav for sometime and didn't think a game would be better then it for a while but man, everything about This game is so sweat. Definitely a 10!
  83. AW
    Nov 16, 2006
    This game had breakthrough physics, and it was awesome watching the guys collapse or get tossed around like dolls. The gravity gun was a unique weapon and really drew away from mainstream guns put in games today. However, this game also failed in a lot of aspects. While the potential and hype was driven up after years of suspense and waiting, the game just did not deliver. Though it kept This game had breakthrough physics, and it was awesome watching the guys collapse or get tossed around like dolls. The gravity gun was a unique weapon and really drew away from mainstream guns put in games today. However, this game also failed in a lot of aspects. While the potential and hype was driven up after years of suspense and waiting, the game just did not deliver. Though it kept my attention long enough to finish the game, I just was not impressed by it. The levels were pretty cool, though the city did get a little old after a while. The haunted city was probably the best atmosphere created in the game. But here's the biggest kicker: The weapons SUCKED. Yes, though the grav gun was unique, I ended up not using it for much of the game, because there aren't always objects to pick up and launch at people. Instead, you are stuck with a bunch of the same boring weapons as the first game - WITHOUT the aliens weapons. The only new gun I can remember besides the grav gun is the other combat rifle that also has a powerful (but generally unused) secondary fire. The random bullet pathing did not make it any better as you often waste a lot of bullets firing any of the smg/rifles from a distance any other than what you'd call short (which is a lot of the game). The boring weapons combined with a so-so story line was not exhilirating in my book. Top it off with the same gameplay as the first game, and you've got HL2 - which had the potential to be so much more. Expand
  84. JonathanC.
    Jan 16, 2006
    Half Life 2 is a great game, but it is in no way the best FPS ever. Friendly AI is poor, as your fellow soldiers will die quickly; ant lions are more effective than humans. There is no sniper rifle (sorry, the crossbow doesn't count) so you end up wasting lots of ammo on enemies at even a medium distance. Even a Halo-style battle rifle would have been nice. There is no compass or Half Life 2 is a great game, but it is in no way the best FPS ever. Friendly AI is poor, as your fellow soldiers will die quickly; ant lions are more effective than humans. There is no sniper rifle (sorry, the crossbow doesn't count) so you end up wasting lots of ammo on enemies at even a medium distance. Even a Halo-style battle rifle would have been nice. There is no compass or map, so you can get disoriented, even though the game is very linear. However, the game does tons of stuff right. Great graphics, great sound. Firefights are varied and fun. Environments are highly detailed and the physics bring it to life like no other game can do (possible exceptions being FEAR and Far Cry). Fun vehicles. Solid characters and thought-provoking story. Overall, a must-play for action fans, and a big bright feather in Valve's cap. Expand
  85. Jamesje
    Oct 17, 2006
    This game rules... it has a great story line... I actually thought I was Gordon and the graphix... they jus BLOW YOU AWAY!
  86. Ryan
    Dec 26, 2006
    This is a great game played it many times and its still fun.
  87. HughieM.
    Oct 25, 2006
    The best game I have ever played. The only thing that surpasses it is Half-life given the year half-life was released.
  88. ShawnH.
    Jan 20, 2006
    I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll make it short and sweet. Great graphics, great sound, great game. The gravity gun is tons of fun. My son loved it when I "starfished" Combine soldiers by shooting them straight up in the air and watching them spin like a top. Also, shooting soldiers into energy streams and watching them somersault in slow I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll make it short and sweet. Great graphics, great sound, great game. The gravity gun is tons of fun. My son loved it when I "starfished" Combine soldiers by shooting them straight up in the air and watching them spin like a top. Also, shooting soldiers into energy streams and watching them somersault in slow motion was endlessly entertaining. The game ran fine on my system, which surprised me considering how detailed the graphics were. The ending was disappointing and was obviously designed to leave the door open for Half-Life 3. Expand
  89. LukeM.
    Dec 7, 2006
  90. ChrisC
    Dec 9, 2006
    I played it. I beat it. I loved it. I played it, again. I still loved it. I love this game. This is the best half life game I personally have seen yet. 11 out of 10.
  91. LukeM.
    Oct 31, 2006
  92. DavidW.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Simply the best FPS game around!
  93. FelipeA.
    Oct 9, 2006
    It starts a new age... It's just great!
  94. ChrisW.
    Feb 1, 2006
    This is the best game i have ever played. It starts you in a gritty city-without hope kinda scenario and keeps you locked in. The combat is amazing, and it REALLY steps up once you get the gravity gun. I would recommend this game to anyone, and if somone would pass the game up, they should be shot.
  95. GilbertM.
    Feb 22, 2006
    Dune 2. Doom. Command and Conquer. Monkey Island 2. Deus Ex. Every so often a game comes along that redefines the very concept of gaming, that goes beyond "a new benchmark for the genre" to become one of the greatest achievements in the history of the field of sick virtual reality video games. Rise and shine, Mr Freeman, rise and shine. Ignore anyone who's given this game a yellow Dune 2. Doom. Command and Conquer. Monkey Island 2. Deus Ex. Every so often a game comes along that redefines the very concept of gaming, that goes beyond "a new benchmark for the genre" to become one of the greatest achievements in the history of the field of sick virtual reality video games. Rise and shine, Mr Freeman, rise and shine. Ignore anyone who's given this game a yellow score, pour scorn on those who have given it red. This is, quite simply, the best game ever made up to this point. And I'm saying that with 512k of RAM, which makes the key responses occasionally act like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. If you thought the Aliens Vs Predator games were scary...you were right, but ten minutes in Ravenholm and you'll be begging for the chapter to end. The graphics are, of course, to die for - you can turn the detail down and it still looks like Jesus himself created the characters. The voice acting is brilliant - I have to give a quick nod to Valve for the subtitles and closed-captions...finally the deaf can enjoy Half-Life as much as the hearing can. Thanks for that. There is one, only one, downside, and it begins with S. There really is no way around it, but once you've got the game, you can apparently switch Steam off without downloading something claiming to be a crack which actually eats your computer from the inside like a tapeworm - have a look on Google for the tweak. Steam is the archetype of good intentions paving the road to Hell. But I choose not to mark the game down because of the ill-thought out delivery system. Half Life 2 is a landmark. It is to gaming what the Godfather Part II was to film. Wake up and smell the ashes. Expand
  96. KevinK.
    Mar 24, 2006
    I have yet to see anything come close to the source engine.
  97. HughM.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  98. AnthonyN.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Really good game!
  99. SamJ.
    Mar 26, 2006
    LOVE it!
  100. JoergS.
    Mar 26, 2006
    The best PC game I`ve ever played.