Half-Life 2 PC

9.2

1. ArmageddonP.
    Jun 5, 2006
    This game wasn't as gamebreaking as the first(but remember that was a long time ago before games of this genre could have these high of expectations), but honestly its nowhere near from far off. An amazing game that will make you play it from beginning to end.
  2. MikeW.
    Jun 5, 2006
    As easy as I can put it this game break the wall and limits of 1-10 rating and really gets a rare 11 pout of 10 again! Don't miss out and fill bad if your some blind dumb ass like IGN that rates it high but don't say why they rated it 2 down from the normal. Really people no game is perfect but this game is perfect and fun and po0ut of this world. There are few words for how As easy as I can put it this game break the wall and limits of 1-10 rating and really gets a rare 11 pout of 10 again! Don't miss out and fill bad if your some blind dumb ass like IGN that rates it high but don't say why they rated it 2 down from the normal. Really people no game is perfect but this game is perfect and fun and po0ut of this world. There are few words for how great this game really I Expand
  3. FlamingAngel
    Aug 9, 2006
    I like the dinamic grapich ^-^ i even played Episode one and it was better =3 so you shud play it or die =3
  4. StephenJ.
    Oct 22, 2006
    An excellent game, though I thought it was crashing my computer at first, but it turned out it wasnt so I could install it again, I was soo happy.
  5. AlexP.
    Oct 29, 2006
    One of the best single player FPS shooters out there. If you've never played the original Half-Life game, you won't really understand this. Seems kind of short, then again I spent 20 hours a day on this until I beat it. A must-have.
  6. TelmoC.
    Oct 31, 2006
    The best game in the world.
  7. Slipcr
    Nov 20, 2006
    This is best game I ever played in different ways, one of these is the large escale of graphics and textures, and this game have the most advanced movement system of all the thing and environment. Really GOOD game!
  8. KennyK.
    Dec 3, 2006
    I found this game extremely entertaining and the ability to surprise me. To me the story of a game is very important, maybe even more important than the gameplay, but this game gave me a new standard to follow (AGAIN), when revieiwing games, which new games has a very hard time following up to!
  9. Sam
    Dec 16, 2006
    Greatest shooter ever with plenty of originality. Also Genuinely scary at times.
  10. JakeG.
    Dec 22, 2006
    Best Game ever! Great graphics, sound and very fun game!!
  11. JasperJ.
    Dec 26, 2006
    This game is REALLY exciting, because it has a good story line, good graphics, good sound, everything in this game is good! I give it an 10!
  12. ChristosF.
    Dec 27, 2006
    This is in my opinion the best single player game ever. Nearly all existing different gameplay types are included and they're all fun. Source rules. I can't find anything wrong at all. Well, I could complain that it doesn't last foverever.
  13. LukeM.
    Jan 6, 2007
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  14. JoséA.
    Jan 14, 2007
    The best game I'am Played When we finished, we get moore very good graphics, best story, and better surprises...jumps in the chair.
  15. PhilipM.
    Jan 15, 2007
    Though this game did receive a 10 from me, I am going to start by stating the very obvious: STEAM was a terrible idea. The requirement of an Internet connection to play a game that one has no intention of playing over the Internet is a monumentally stupid idea. I am, however, rating the GAME and not the method by which it is played. When I first played Half-Life 2, I was completely blown Though this game did receive a 10 from me, I am going to start by stating the very obvious: STEAM was a terrible idea. The requirement of an Internet connection to play a game that one has no intention of playing over the Internet is a monumentally stupid idea. I am, however, rating the GAME and not the method by which it is played. When I first played Half-Life 2, I was completely blown away by not only the graphics and physics engine, but I was also captivated by it's enthralling story line and by how much one actually feels like they're experiencing something, rather than playing it. The in-game cinematics lent a seamless quality to the game. Though the game exhibits long load times, it is a work of art and worth the wait. If you have a way to play it without STEAM, do so. If not, oh well. Expand
  16. Aaron
    Jun 7, 2007
    If you could only play one game, this is probably the one you should play.
  17. Krillan
    Jun 23, 2007
    Fantastic!!!
  18. AexK.
    Jul 11, 2007
    Just awesome. The game runs in front of you like a book. Great storyline, great charachters, great gameplay. I would rate it 100 out of 10 if I could.
  19. jeanbernard
    Aug 30, 2007
    Exelent
  20. DamonP.
    Jul 24, 2008
    To put it simply i love this game. I played it when it came with the orange box 4 years after it debut, its way better than halo 3, call of duty 4 or any of that. This game is the best
  21. JamesT.
    Jul 26, 2008
    Just as revolutionary as the original where FPS are concerned. Gripping story, believable AI, amazing graphics, great game play and so much replay value... What else could you as for? Spawned just as many mods, just as many followers and its legacy lives on. Concerning the violence, it is not over the top, and is justified.
  22. AdamJ.
    Aug 12, 2008
    How can any game match up to this? I mean, such a moving first chapter makes you hate the combine and then reunited with old friends from 20 years before. Then some of the scariest zombies there are and an epic ending. Games don't get better than this.
  23. LennyJ.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Its the best game with the best story and picture.
  24. NathanS.
    Sep 6, 2008
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  25. Bobbobbo
    Sep 24, 2008
    The best game I have ever played.
  26. SimonP.
    Oct 12, 2008
    This is really the best game ever made, the graphics, the gameplay, the way your view of the weapon changes when you turn around, the story, the lead charcters expresions when they talk and of course G-MAN!!!! :) the only thing i can think of that is a little bit bad is the music. It sounds good enough but the first time you will play game it wont last long enough and the next then it This is really the best game ever made, the graphics, the gameplay, the way your view of the weapon changes when you turn around, the story, the lead charcters expresions when they talk and of course G-MAN!!!! :) the only thing i can think of that is a little bit bad is the music. It sounds good enough but the first time you will play game it wont last long enough and the next then it almost cant before the game needs to load again. im not saying that the game is'nt challenging the second time, its mostly because you know were you need to go to. But what the hell chould Valve do about that?? Expand
  27. DavidL
    Feb 5, 2009
    Half-Life2 Have a good Story like Half-Life1. very good game play and Grafic. The map diesing is very good. it give just one think wich one can be better The grafic and game play from cars and ship.
  28. TBear
    Jul 5, 2009
    Half-Life 2 is one of those games which will stay top rated throughout the history of gaming. Great graphics, unique soundsetting, creative ideas and variation of game play. This game has everything a true gamer must desire.
  29. LukeM.
    Aug 11, 2009
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  30. YermakirumY.
    May 13, 2006
    Very good game.
  31. Oct 18, 2010
    When I played HL2, I remember it was like being in a strange dream that seems so real. The design, graphics and sound is epic. What a masterpiece of art. It's simply the best game I have ever played.
  32. Oct 25, 2010
    I love it, end of story. The story keeps going and changing. When you think you got it something changes and keeps you in the game. Graphics are great and the story is compelling. I cant wait for the next installment.
  33. Oct 25, 2010
    The best FPS the world has ever come to witness. Half-Life 2 brings you through a torrent of different settings, enemies, and events that will leave you on the edge of your seat. Nothing too much should be said as no game of this caliber should need an introduction, but it is suffice to say that if you are a fan of FPS, this is not a game to be missed in your entire life.
  34. Oct 26, 2010
    A good game done well in every way, I honestly can't think of any critism for the game, Don't read this play it now!
  35. Jan 1, 2011
    Playing this still makes me speechless, regardless of the graphics "being too outdated" or what-not Half Life 2 has an amazing storyline and the characters actually have an effect on people and arent cheesy.Eitherway, this game made history.
  36. Jan 4, 2011
    Actually I overgrown most of the games, but I still love HL2.. It has a unique art. A cool mix of technology, urban culture and a lot more that other games just don't have. A very strong visual identity.

Environment - whether you are on the street, alien outpost or sewer system seem unbelievably real and you feel present. It's not just realistic graphics and textures, it's the spontaneus architecture.

Usual shooter gameplay is spiced up with gravity gun (oh, the stuff u can do with it :D ) .. and versatility of enemies that demand a different approach.

I feel this is just too big part of pop culture to miss.. like the big movies, series or music.
  37. Jun 3, 2011
    Quite possibly the best FPS ever made. No wait, it is... Both the critics and users alike agree! Storyline is solid... (wish Hollywood would figure out how to write good entertainment like Valve did) and the action, the music, the graphics. Just everything is badass!
  38. Dec 14, 2011
    This is the best game i haver played.i have played it 5 times and never get bored.It has good graphics and best game play .True value for money game. I am eagerly waiting for hl2 ep3
  39. Dec 26, 2011
    Endless possibilities awaiting for you with the Source Engine presented by VALVe Corporation with their best game ever made: Half-Life: 2.
    Extreme action in this FPS game with one of the most original stories,between us,who the hell would had thought of putting a scientist as the main character in an FPS game? There is no reason for your delay,if You haven't played it yet,go buy it now. trust me,I know it will give you 'the feeling'.

Sam Segal.26.12.11
  40. Jan 9, 2012
    Grafica stupefacente; gameplay straordinario e coinvolgente; AI imprevedibile (quindi egregia); armi originali (provare il ferormone per credere): insomma, non si può pretendere di più da un gioco d'azione in prima persona che, a 7 anni dalla sua comparsa, sa ancora regalare incredibili emozioni. Questo secondo capitolo entra di diritto, come il precedente, nellaGrafica stupefacente; gameplay straordinario e coinvolgente; AI imprevedibile (quindi egregia); armi originali (provare il ferormone per credere): insomma, non si può pretendere di più da un gioco d'azione in prima persona che, a 7 anni dalla sua comparsa, sa ancora regalare incredibili emozioni. Questo secondo capitolo entra di diritto, come il precedente, nella Hall of Fame dei videogiochi. Expand
  41. Feb 3, 2012
    The greatest modern FPS game!
    Although it was made in 2004, it is way ahead of many modern games, like Call of Duty!
    Think of it as like Classical Greece compared to the Persian empire!
    It is the only game I know that can rival Doom or Heretic!
  42. Feb 24, 2012
    Just such an amazing game. So unique and amazing. It's just so smart. It has such a think story line. It's not just a "shoot whatever you see" game. If you like action it has a lot of that but it is also very intellectual. NEVER WILL REGRET BUYING IT!!!!
  43. Mar 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG this game is so awesomely brilliant, its one of the best games i have ever played (I've played hl1, hl2, hl2ep1, hl2ep2.) i just think its just brilliant, graphics are brilliant, and the way some of the fast zombies run at you was terrifyingly brilliant (especially when you have all around sound) Expand
  44. Mar 7, 2012
    Half-Life 2 is an epic sci-fi FPS, with one of the best atmospheres of any games i have ever played. The game offers intense and varied FPS game play with a great story and some puzzles on the way. Probably my favorite game to this date.
  45. Apr 21, 2012
    This game is one of the greatest games ever on Pc. I would like to go to what the people who gave it said. I've heard people saying it's unrealistic and that is really stupid thing to say because if it's a game it will never be realistic and there are freaking Head Crabs so I don't think realism was their goal. It has been compared to Far Cry but in my opinion the graphics and gameplay inThis game is one of the greatest games ever on Pc. I would like to go to what the people who gave it said. I've heard people saying it's unrealistic and that is really stupid thing to say because if it's a game it will never be realistic and there are freaking Head Crabs so I don't think realism was their goal. It has been compared to Far Cry but in my opinion the graphics and gameplay in this game were a million times better. Some people said it was boring but it isn't just run and gun there are actually some pretty awesome puzzles in this game. The AI isn't bad at all and the people who said that must have been playing on easy because they actually tried and sometimes succeeded to out maneuver me. The story was great and this was a huge advancement from the first one and if for whatever reason you don't have it buy it for only $10. You will definitely get a bang for your buck. Expand
  46. Apr 26, 2012
    Truly one of the greatest videogames - nay - pieces of entertainment of our generation. Combining a well-executed script, engaging plot and lovable characters that will become instantly attachable. The blend of puzzle and action makes for exceptional gameplay and Valve's Source Engine flexes it's muscles on this title. Half-Life 2 is the definition of a perfect videogame.

And, there's

And, there's that boat-ride...
  47. May 7, 2012
    Really awesome game!The best storyline combined with the source engine= this game!I recommend it to everyone who is in doubt, this game rules, and the price is too low in my opinion! (6.99 euro)
  48. May 7, 2012
    Possibly the greatest game of all time.
    Fantastic story, incredible gameplay, graphics that still hold up in 2012, and characters that are impossible to not love. This game, nay this masterpiece, is a landmark in gaming.
  49. May 10, 2012
    Actually one of my BEST OF THE BEST games! When I played it for the first time I was like: WTF? VALVe are GODS! So, if you ask me if its HL best game, I'll answer: No, HL isn't game, HL is religion! :-)
  50. May 13, 2012
    Half-Life 2 is an excellent single player story driven first person shooter of the highest quality. Even having been out for a few years its production values shine through in every aspect of the game. Be it the tight shooter controls, the well thought out level design, the story moments or the pioneering physics based environmental puzzles the game maintains its ability to entertain likeHalf-Life 2 is an excellent single player story driven first person shooter of the highest quality. Even having been out for a few years its production values shine through in every aspect of the game. Be it the tight shooter controls, the well thought out level design, the story moments or the pioneering physics based environmental puzzles the game maintains its ability to entertain like few others. If you are looking for a multi-player online shooter HL2 is not the best choice. However if you are a fan of FPS and have yet to play Half-Life 2 you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy and play through one weekend if for no other reason than to play a landmark title in the genre. Authors note: All of my reviews content cover what you should expect when you purchase the game to enjoy it. My scores cover what I feel is the overall quality of the game and may not reflect what I cover in the bulk of my review. Expand
  51. Jul 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SIMPLY THE BEST Everything about this game is AWESOME I wasn't that much of a gamer but when I played the first Half Life I became one. The first one was ok. But when I played the second one, I was Mind blown. First the graphics and physics back then were awesome. The AI was great (although today is way better), the textures were great, the gameplay felt very good. As for the story it was really good and mysterious, with the old characters from the first one and adding some really cool characters. Cant wait for Half Life 3! Expand
  52. Jul 20, 2013
    There is only one word that comes to mind when I think of this game, miraculous. Half-Life 2 is the a perfect example of a game that can make a FPS feel like the point of the game is not just to shoot everything in sight. It blends puzzle, action, adventure, and the creepy feel of it's environments together so well, that it's no overstatement to say that it is one of the greatest gamesThere is only one word that comes to mind when I think of this game, miraculous. Half-Life 2 is the a perfect example of a game that can make a FPS feel like the point of the game is not just to shoot everything in sight. It blends puzzle, action, adventure, and the creepy feel of it's environments together so well, that it's no overstatement to say that it is one of the greatest games of all time. Expand
  53. Aug 7, 2013
    when I was young I had a very crappy PC. no much games would run on it. so I an somehow raised by half-life 1 and 2. I feel sorry for my friends with their awesome PC's who thought this game is to crappy for them. I can't even recall how many times I've played this game and other half-life series parts. It always had that new exciting taste every time you start.
  54. Aug 7, 2013
    Far, FAR better thanthe origonal. The beefed up the graphics, and yet my laptop could still play it very well. New aliens appear and old ones get a nice new polish added to them. Having breakable environments and the new grav gun and ability to pick up items makes the world far more interactive and easy to emerse yourself in this game.

If you have played the first one and not this one

If you have played the first one and not this one then what the hell are you doing?
  55. Aug 27, 2013
    The sequel to Half-Life but much different the graphics are still quite good but the animations are still really good it still is Half-Life so you will know its Half-Life the stroy telling is amazing as well an absolute masterpiece
  56. Aug 31, 2013
    Once in a while, a game comes along that takes what previous games in that genre had and makes it better. Half-Life 2 does that and it's amazing. For a game released in 2004, it ages very well, the graphics are the best I've seen when the game came out and it was a long while until another game came along to surpass the spectacular visuals. The controls are not groundbreaking norOnce in a while, a game comes along that takes what previous games in that genre had and makes it better. Half-Life 2 does that and it's amazing. For a game released in 2004, it ages very well, the graphics are the best I've seen when the game came out and it was a long while until another game came along to surpass the spectacular visuals. The controls are not groundbreaking nor spectacular, they're simple and fun to use, especially in vehicles. This is not a war shooter or a bullet-hell one, it's more of a puzzle game at times, but you have to find the puzzles. This game works at your own pace, there are no cut-scenes, it's all in first person, so you find everything for yourself. This game gives you a freedom that most FPS games did not have at the time. If your not spoiled by the FPSs of today, you'll fall in love with this game. Expand
  57. Jan 1, 2014
    Absolutely, unquestionably one of the greatest games to hit the surface of our fair planet. Still, to this day amazing. I have lost count of the amount of times I have played through this game. The elegance of the leve design is unbelievable. introduce a concept.... let you use it.... then challenge you with it and make you feel really clever for working it out. Stunning story.
  58. Jan 6, 2014
    Truly, Half life 2 was one of the most polished games ever. Its refreshing to see a linear game that focuses on level design and not multiplayer. I have played the game several times, and it never fails to satisfy. there is a superb job on voice acting and story telling. Moreover, the graphics were unheard of at the time. the physics were sublime, and the game could be scary at parts. InTruly, Half life 2 was one of the most polished games ever. Its refreshing to see a linear game that focuses on level design and not multiplayer. I have played the game several times, and it never fails to satisfy. there is a superb job on voice acting and story telling. Moreover, the graphics were unheard of at the time. the physics were sublime, and the game could be scary at parts. In the beginning, its more sneaking around and trying to get from place to place, then it becomes scary, then it becomes an all out battle. I love the way the game progresses. Expand
  59. Jan 12, 2014
    G-Man: Rise and shine, Mister Freeman. Rise and... shine. Not that I... wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has... come again.
    G-Man: The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*... The game is just amazing.
  60. Jan 19, 2014
    This is the game of the games.YOU might think it is bad now because of the graphics, but back in the day, it was simply out of this world. So not judge it with games like BF3, or ARMA or COD. If you look at the games released back then, most of them were **** If you want to compare Half-Life with others games, then wait for Half-Life 3.
  61. Jan 20, 2014
    Half Life 2 has reached such a level of the story, the characters, the atmosphere that it can not be called just a game. Everything about this game is amazing it is a must buy, you will know what I mean if you play this game. I would give it an 11/10 if I could.
  62. NLS
    Jan 21, 2014
    There is a reason I review this 10 years after its release.
    Even today, this game is a MONUMENT to gaming.
    So many things done so right. It stands well (actually great) even today. We see many of the concepts other games used after HL2, here in their original form. Actually some things in HL2 are still not implemented (properly) in other games of the genre. Pity Valve is weird about
    There is a reason I review this 10 years after its release.
    Even today, this game is a MONUMENT to gaming.
    So many things done so right.
    It stands well (actually great) even today.
    Pity Valve is weird about the release of sequels (Portal/Portal 2 another example). This game REALLY REALLY deserves a fantastic HL3 (which is possibly what Valve is afraid of).
    This is the other game from Valve that needs to be (and actually is, topping some) in EVERY "best games of all times" list.
    Who ever doesn't have this, yes 10 years after release go and get it.
  63. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half Life 2 is the best game ever!!! Even though multiplayer is not that popular, we really need to look at the story. I can't stop playing Half Life 2!!! So much mystery and Half Life 2 has the best gameplay. Half Life 2 has a really good weapon's sounds and you can kind of feel the weapon like it's in your hands. There are really great characters like Alyx, Barney and other people you meet, and there are some characters that you want to beat up like Dr. Breen and G-Man. Guns are awesome too. I can't believe that in the end of the game they also take your normal Gravity Gun and make it a Super Gravity Gun. And The only thing I might not really like is that you don't have a sniper rifle, but it's good that Valve at least put a crossbow in the game. I also like the physics. Source made this game awesome and the graphics are still better than some games we play today!!! Expand
  64. Jan 28, 2014
    This is one of my favourites. It's long and has nice traps that you can use. Even enemies were cool. Sometimes the AI annoys me but usually it's fine. The welcome to Ravenholm was my favourite part of the game.
  65. Feb 14, 2014
    A true memorable game with great mechanics and story. This is one of my favorite games and I really hope that it'll have a sequell with the same or better quality.
  66. Feb 24, 2014
    It is a amazing game i have finished it 3 times so i feel i have a pretty good understanding of what the game is sure there is a few small bugs. That's the only thing i found wrong where the small bugs.
  67. Mar 1, 2014
    This game is just wonderful. It has a great story, great atmosphere and most of all characters which you won't forget quickly. I think it's more an adventure FPS, where you can discover a world with interesting enemies and places (even if it's linear). The physics engine and graphics are also revolutionary and changed the FPS!
    PS: Do yourself a favour and DON'T DOWNLOAD THE CINEMATIC MOD!
    PS: Do yourself a favour and DON'T DOWNLOAD THE CINEMATIC MOD! It destroys the atmosphere, characters and gameplay of Half-Life 2!
  68. May 24, 2015
    After completing the first Half-Life I was expecting great things from the second chapter, and in fact I was not disappointed. If Half-Life was a revolution, Half-Life 2 was more a further refinement of that revolution.

The consequence of this is that Half-Life 2 is significantly better than the first chapter, which was already a masterpiece. The most amazing thing of Half-Life 2 is, of course, the gameplay: for an fps is just perfect. Already the first chapter was very advanced for its time, but Half-Life 2 went even further. One example is the way the game has used physics (thanks to the Source Engine) to offer one of the best weapons in the history of video games: the Gravity Gun. The Gravity Gun is the apotheosis of all that an fps has to offer. It is a crude but powerful weapon, fun to use and above all original. It is an example of how everything around you, in a game, is alive if you only try to touch it. This, by the way, is also possible without Gravity Gun, but without it is less fun. Another way of how Half-Life 2 has pushed beyond the standards is the introduction of puzzle elements, simple but fun, in a context with which apparently had nothing to do. Place some batteries to provide power to a gate and open it, may seems like silly but not in an fps game. Even using the Gravity Gun to take a rotating blade, or an heavy box, and launching it against an enemy is the art of using the enviroment as a weapon, and it is fantastic.

Other weapons that have gave an higher gear to Half-Life 2 were some like the Pheropods to control Antlions, or the Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle. It is so cool aesthetically. And the way it shoots, the way it recharge as well. The secondary attack was brilliant and was based on a fantastic physics and bounce mechanism. It was a weapon really fun to use. Last but not least important step forward made by Half-Life 2 (and soon followed by fps games came later) was the introduction of large open spaces where the player could really feel free to move, to experiment, to explore. The difficulty level was generally good and the enemy AI was great and when they were in large groups could get you in trouble. Just perfect as I said.

Personally I found the story of Half-Life 2 fantastic and also higher than the story of the first chapter. The setting in Eastern Europe was really beautiful. The game begins exactly from where the first chapter ends, but compared to the first chapter, Half-Life 2 has brought up more raw and human issues such as slavery, despair, infertility, redemption and hope. I appreciated very much the vision that the game give of Gordon Freeman: his fate, his stasis and his connection with the G-Man, his return as a prophecy, his eyes green as hope, the man who goes back and saves the day, a man of few words as Alyx Vance said, The One Free Man (nice language-game with his own name). All this just to describe one of the greatest and most charismatic characters in video game history. A special praise goes to other characters in the game such as the G-Man, Eli and Alyx Vance, Dog, Dr. Breen and especially to the Combine that are among the greatest villains ever seen in a game.

The graphics of the game was impressive at the time, and it was even 10 years later when I played it. The Source Engine realized everything perfectly, from the characters to the environments, from weapons to the shadows. But what amazed me the most was the detail in the faces, facial expressions, dubbing and lip sync that were just perfect.

Half-Life 2 is a majestic game. Valve gave one of the examples of what can be done when the videoludic art pushes the limits in all its forms. A timeless classic.
  69. Feb 1, 2016
    i just buy and played this game maybe... 7 month ago? whatever.
    this game is very good but..
    sometimes i have lose way, and i'm losing way, i fell something horror,, and horror sound
    i hate that sound :(
  70. Feb 6, 2016
    Best PC Game ever. As in, perfect. As in, no remotely close second. I still own new games I bought in the last couple of YEARS that I've never got around to even installing, because I keep playing through Half-life 2, over and over, every twice a year at least. A legendary masterpiece.

Welcome to City 17, it's safer here.....
  71. Nov 19, 2016
    Simplicity and clarity, that's what make this game great. Wasn't too scary but story-line and characters (including the one you play and says nothing) are very likable, well written and memorable. There is a balance between shooting and plot building. I especially liked the last chapter.
  72. Apr 1, 2016
    I walked into Half-Life 2 not knowing what to expect but believe me it exceeds expectations. Graphics are stunning they blow me away 12 years on. The story is so good It kept me hooked from start to finish and I know i will play it again. The characters are so in depth and Freeman steals the show. Amazing twelve years on.
  73. Apr 5, 2016
    don't get people rating the game mixed, more then 10 years after it got released,
    this was a revolution when it came out, although not as good as half life 1, this still deserves a 10.
    great level design, enemies and classic shooter gameplay.
  74. Apr 13, 2016
    Nuevamente debo decir:"woaaa". Es primera vez que juego el half-life 2(2014) y debo decir que es un juego increíble. Contextualizando que es del 2004, las gráficas son estupendas, las texturas increíbles, la jugabilidad impresionante. Una obra excelente que ha envejecido muy bien. Muy buen juego al gran nivel que también tuvo half-life. De verdad espero que salga pronto hl3.

75. May 10, 2016
    Half Life 2 just might be one the most influential games in the entire video game industry, with it's amazingly rich story, great gameplay, and unforgettable characters. This game definitely lives up to its predecessor and still has aged well even after almost 12 years! I definitely think it's worth 20 dollars and one of my favorite video games.
  76. May 17, 2016
    To all the negative reviews: I'm tired of reading "over-hyped" "why is this game so hyped" "blah, blah". It's simple. The game was released twelve years ago. If you played the game when it was released you would understand why is this game so "hyped". It was the best thing ever back in the day. It's just like watching the first Star Wars movie today, for the first time... you have to thinkTo all the negative reviews: I'm tired of reading "over-hyped" "why is this game so hyped" "blah, blah". It's simple. The game was released twelve years ago. If you played the game when it was released you would understand why is this game so "hyped". It was the best thing ever back in the day. It's just like watching the first Star Wars movie today, for the first time... you have to think how the people felt in the seventhies when that movie came out. Expand
  77. May 19, 2016
    What can be said about this game that hasn't been said already? I played this for the first time in 2013 and it completely blew me away. The atmosphere, the smooth (and I mean it when I say smooth) gameplay, the diverse characters and enemies, the physics puzzles, the environment in general, the story, the set pieces! I could go on and on, as a matter of fact, so many have done just thatWhat can be said about this game that hasn't been said already? I played this for the first time in 2013 and it completely blew me away. The atmosphere, the smooth (and I mean it when I say smooth) gameplay, the diverse characters and enemies, the physics puzzles, the environment in general, the story, the set pieces! I could go on and on, as a matter of fact, so many have done just that on metacritic and, well, anywhere else. Also, for a game made in 2004, these graphics are SUPERB.
    Don't get me wrong, if you are unfortunate enough to still not have played this software, when you do, it should be easy to see it is a masterpiece. The big bad shooters of today have got their own thing going on. Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and such are okay, but to be honest, when I play these games I don't really care about the game itself. It just doesn't seem fun to me. They just don't seem to possess that pizzazz that half life 2 carries. And really, to me, how fun it is is a pretty damn important part of a game.
    Still don't agree? Okay. Not every single person is going to enjoy the same game. But I must say, the half life series, in addition to most if not all of Valve's other well-known games, definitely deserves the massive fanbase that it has. Half life 2 has left a permanent mark on the history of video games and will be remembered for a very, very long time.
  78. May 25, 2016
    Just buy this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  79. May 28, 2016
    If the original Half-Life wasn't monumental enough, Half-Life 2 takes the best of what made Half-Life so amazing and gave it a modern update with a new graphic/gameplay engine. Excellent story, excellent graphics and gameplay, and overall an incredibly engaging experience.
  80. Jun 8, 2016
    This is one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best. The story is awesome, the gameplay is awesome, the guns are awesome, the learning curve is awesome, the characters are awesome, the level design is GREAT. This game was -and is- revolutionary, and a true masterpiece. Best PC game ever.
  81. Jun 22, 2016
    An absolute video game masterpiece! Half-Life 2 expands upon the events of the first Half-Life and adds more amazing and mysterious story, scarier and colossal enemies, memorable characters, fun vehicles, and let's not forget that badass Gravity Gun! The sequels are just calling to you after you finish the game's story and are left hanging, the only way to know more about the story, playAn absolute video game masterpiece! Half-Life 2 expands upon the events of the first Half-Life and adds more amazing and mysterious story, scarier and colossal enemies, memorable characters, fun vehicles, and let's not forget that badass Gravity Gun! The sequels are just calling to you after you finish the game's story and are left hanging, the only way to know more about the story, play the sequels. A must play and own sequel for every Half-Life fan out there! Expand
  82. Jul 12, 2016
    Half Life 2 is definitely the standard of FPS we should all follow and the engine is astonishing for 2004 and even 2016. Amazing story telling and great immersion, although I find the game to have no replay value after the end. The game is amazing all the way through but I would've definitely loved to put more hours into this game if it had some form of end game objective or tasks that canHalf Life 2 is definitely the standard of FPS we should all follow and the engine is astonishing for 2004 and even 2016. Amazing story telling and great immersion, although I find the game to have no replay value after the end. The game is amazing all the way through but I would've definitely loved to put more hours into this game if it had some form of end game objective or tasks that can be only done after you complete the game. All in all thats quite a small negative to quite a astonishing game. And for $10, this is definitely bang for your buck. Expand
  83. Aug 11, 2016
    This is by far the greatest FPS of all time and the most brilliant game ever designed by Valve
    just replayed it for the, let's say, 100th time today and yet i was surprised by how innovative and mind-blowing an FPS experience can be!
    remember, the game was released in 2004 when almost every other FPS title out there was a replica of Doom! the level design is great music, simply
    the level design is great
    music, simply pleasing to the ears
    dialogues, humorous
    characters, lovely and utterly believable
    weapons, standard-defining (especially loved the .357 Magnum)
    enemies, not so much varied but otherwise greatly designed and implemented into the game design
    and
    "Gordon Freeman", the most reserved yet lovable protagonist of the video game history, and perhaps the first MIT graduate to feature in a game :D
    if you like games (FPS in particular), do not dare to miss this masterpiece!
  84. Aug 18, 2016
    [PT-BR] Half-Life 1 provocou grande eco nos mundos jogos sendo o primeiro jogo de ficção cientifica em Real 3D. 5 anos depois a Valve surpreende todo mundo com o primeiro jogo com fisica real. A primeira reação dos criticos foi que o jogo poderia ser um fracasso, pois nenhum computador comum consiguia rodar o jogo em 30 fps. Mas isso não foi nenhuma dificuldade para os computadores do ano[PT-BR] Half-Life 1 provocou grande eco nos mundos jogos sendo o primeiro jogo de ficção cientifica em Real 3D. 5 anos depois a Valve surpreende todo mundo com o primeiro jogo com fisica real. A primeira reação dos criticos foi que o jogo poderia ser um fracasso, pois nenhum computador comum consiguia rodar o jogo em 30 fps. Mas isso não foi nenhuma dificuldade para os computadores do ano seguinte e Half-Life trouxe grande repercusão pela fisica, jogabilidade muito leve, e uma direção de arte Steampunk jamais vista no mundo dos jogos. Seu motor grafico é utilizado até hoje, como por exemplo, em Counter-Strike: Global Offensive e até jogos sem ser da Valve (como TitanFall,Left 4 Dead e outros). O ponto mais fraco do jogo é que ele se tornou mais fácil do que seu antecessor, além de um pouco menos capitulos. Expand
  85. Aug 20, 2016
    The benchmark of gaming by which I judge all others. Playing this is a transcendent experience. One of the greatest science fiction worlds ever created.
  86. Aug 23, 2016
    Great game for the year 2004
    But i dont recommend it at year 2016...
    It has nice puzzles and new features but it will become boring over time...
    U cant play it constantly for 5 hours cause your mind will burst
  87. Aug 28, 2016
    The second best game ever. Excuse me for my English, i am from Venezuela, but this game is, is ¡AMAZING!, the graphics, the history, the game-play, the innovation. This game is indescribable. The best game is Half Life, but this is almost as great like the first game. I love this game. The only bad thing is the soundtrack, is good but it is rare, but i like it. I played this game in 2005,The second best game ever. Excuse me for my English, i am from Venezuela, but this game is, is ¡AMAZING!, the graphics, the history, the game-play, the innovation. This game is indescribable. The best game is Half Life, but this is almost as great like the first game. I love this game. The only bad thing is the soundtrack, is good but it is rare, but i like it. I played this game in 2005, because i had no money in that year (2004), i went to the E3 2003 and i saw, the game. Still i play this game. I don't like the new games, 2010-present, i miss you, 2004. Today, when i see the games, i only see graphics, nothing of innovation, and those things, i wish that Valve will do Half- Life 3, but that never happened.

The good: the graphics, the game-play, the history, the soundtrack.

The bad: The soundtrack is rare.

The ugly: no sequel (Half-Life 3), or (EP3)
  88. Oct 5, 2016
    Half-Life 2 could be one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Great storyline, outstanding story-telling and gameplay mechanics that still hold up today.
  89. Oct 8, 2016
    It's as good as everyone says it is.The shooting,the driving and the puzzles are all excellent and organic.The physics engine and 60fps give everything a great feel.The gravity gun is the most fun weapon in all of gaming.This is one of the best games ever,second only to Dark Souls.
  90. Oct 14, 2016
    In 2004 Valve again changed game industry as them done it in 1999. Every game from Half-Life series (and subs like Portal) - new word in First Person Shooter genre. I totally recommend it to play, must have for all who call themselves "gamer".
  91. Oct 18, 2016
    First, it's chosen as the best game made in 2004, then it's chosen as the game of the decade, then it's chosen as the best FPS game ever made, then it's chosen as the best PC game ever made. Now, it's the best game ever made, without doubt.
  92. Nov 7, 2016
    Сегодня (7.11.16.) впервые прошёл данную игру.
    Услышал я про неё впервые ещё лет 8 назад, играл в демку, да и забил. Но вдруг решил пройти классику.
    Ниже мнение человека, который не проходил игру в 2004, 2005... а только в 2016, в конце 2016. Я не ньюфаг, прошёл игру с удовольствием, местами было скучновато, местами очень весело и эпично. -Геймплей тут вполне стандартный. Он неплох, но
    Сегодня (7.11.16.) впервые прошёл данную игру.
    -Геймплей тут вполне стандартный. Он неплох, но местами, а точнее ближе к концу, он становится довольно скучноват. До середины игры дают покататься на 2-х транспортных средствах- багги и лодка на воздушной подушке, довольно неплохое разнообразие игрового процесса. Плавно перейдём к физике. Физика шикарна до сих пор, а в 2004 просто взрыв мозга... , но порой она выдаёт такие нелепости или странности, что немного не по себе. вообщем за геймплей 7,5-8/10
    -Сюжет довольно интересный. Диалоги было интересно слушать, а финал так и вообще очень крутой вышел. А лицевая анимация просто шик, тоже до сих пор смотрится улётно, а в 2004... За сюжет 8/10.
    -Атмосфера и музыка. Атмосфера тут бывает настолько разная, что диву даёшься. То это налёт хоррора, повсюду какие-то хлюпания, шорохи, темнота. То это атмосфера одиночества, едешь по дороге на той же машине, а на ней никого, вокруг только горы и океан. Ну и атмосфера пост-апокалипсиса. Музыка хороша, порой задаёт тонус вести дальнейшую битву, она довольно динамична, местами просто расслабляет. 9/10 за атмосферу и музыку.
    Вообщем на данный момент игра всё ещё ОЧЕНЬ хороша, если вы не играли в неё и вы не ньюфаг, не презираете старые игры, а любите их, то я настоятельно рекомендую данную игру, кто знает, может она станет одной из ваших любимых!
    2004- 9-9,5/10
    2016- 8/10
  93. Nov 13, 2016
    The best video game ever made, from the physics to the story to the gameplay to the settings and so forth. It is perfectly created and I still love it 12 years after its release.
  94. Nov 28, 2016
    Best game ever!
    Gordon Freeman is THE legend. Half-Life two isTHE revolution. The original Half-Life is the game that brought fame and attention to first person shooter, and has gotten this game genre the hype it deserves. Half-Life 2 defines how first person shooter should develope. Simply put, Half-Life changed it all.
  95. Dec 6, 2016
    Contender for the greatest video game of all time... Sad the sequel is still in limbo but this is the kinda game I can play 1000 times and still love it... I'll just leave it at that
  96. Dec 6, 2016
    Это невероятная игра, советую каждому кто не знает о ней (ТАКИЕ вообще существуют?) :D Серьёзно, кто может не знать о халфе. Это великая игра, культовая, закоренелая классика уже. Вы просто обязаны пройти обе части и оба длс и ждать как и все нормальные люди HALF - LIFE 3!!!! :DЭто невероятная игра, советую каждому кто не знает о ней (ТАКИЕ вообще существуют?) :D Серьёзно, кто может не знать о халфе. Это великая игра, культовая, закоренелая классика уже. Вы просто обязаны пройти обе части и оба длс и ждать как и все нормальные люди HALF - LIFE 3!!!! :D
  97. Dec 7, 2016
    I think this is the best game at the moment. No COD can not be compared with the plot of HL2. This masterpiece of gaming industry long remain on the desks of our computers. More HL2 deserves to continue in the form of HL3.
  98. Dec 18, 2016
    Short Half Life 2 is a continuation of the first views which is also great as the first Half Life rozpoznywalnych one of the most titles in the world which is a must for everyone
  99. Sot
    Jan 17, 2017
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best games out there! Α meaningful game! So realistic of what happens today. This game came out in 2004, the graphics, A.I., physics, animations, gameplay are revolutionary for the time! Every gamer should play this GREAT game.
  100. Jan 18, 2017
    Half life 2 is easily one of the greatest FPS sequels there is right now, it has stood the test of time and every time you play it it makes you think about the lore, the characters, the enemy, your character, the locations, the iconic items, the weapons, one of the reasons people like it so much is because we play a character that can easily destroy the enemy, you feel powerful... unlikeHalf life 2 is easily one of the greatest FPS sequels there is right now, it has stood the test of time and every time you play it it makes you think about the lore, the characters, the enemy, your character, the locations, the iconic items, the weapons, one of the reasons people like it so much is because we play a character that can easily destroy the enemy, you feel powerful... unlike some hunky gamer on a bad diet. you feel recognized.

This is the sequel that we all deserve.

Sure you might not like it but at the end of the day you can hate whatever you want i don't care.

The only bad thing is the ending and that is literally the only thing.

I hope you found this helpful and that you will or have played this game.

3. Playboy