9.2

1. EricB.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Absolutely Brilliant, the best game I have ever had the pleasure to play. the puzzles and game play in Half-Life 1 was astounding as it was a few years ago, but with the advanced graphics and physics emulation Half-Life 2 has to offer, along with the traditional game play and the genius maps and environments Valve's team has so skillfully created, Half-Life 2 will most definitely Absolutely Brilliant, the best game I have ever had the pleasure to play. the puzzles and game play in Half-Life 1 was astounding as it was a few years ago, but with the advanced graphics and physics emulation Half-Life 2 has to offer, along with the traditional game play and the genius maps and environments Valve's team has so skillfully created, Half-Life 2 will most definitely blow any gamer right off his or her feet. Expand
  2. LucasF.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Half-Life 2 is the base of new age of games. Half-Life history is perfect.
  3. TheChad
    Oct 13, 2007
    This game is absolutely awesome!! I recommend Half Life 2 and Episode 1 and 2 to everyone I know.
  4. PhilipW.
    Jan 14, 2007
    One step closer to the perfect game: Plenty of freedom to play with the environment! The ending was rather a let-down, but everything leading up to it was top-notch.
  5. AnonymousMC
    Jan 14, 2007
    I just can't understand why some people rate this 8- ... 1:"STEAM" is great 2:long loading times etc A)get more RAM B)Get rid of your viruses 3:Ok so the last guy is easy that can't bring it down more than 1 point 4: (specificly meant for "Victor") you do know there ain't much RPG ammo around?
    5:AI is bad? lemme pause to laugh *LOL*
    6:Bad ending ey? they're obviously
    5:AI is bad? lemme pause to laugh *LOL*
    6:Bad ending ey? they're obviously gonna make a sequel
    7:Bad story my ass
    8:Imma stop now
  6. TravisO.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Amazing, Valve did it again. If you would have asked me before if they could have made a better game then the first Half Life I wouldn't have thought so but HL2 has surpassed all my expectations, they have truly out done themselves this time. so to the team at Valve I say, Bravo!.
  7. JonH.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Amazing game. Good story, good action, great all-around play.
  8. StuartW
    Nov 6, 2007
    Astoundingly good. The story, characters, and game play interact into an incredibly engrossing whole.
  9. BenF.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Really really good game. The best I have ever played. The gameplay is amazing and the graphics are very good.
  10. LukeM.
    Oct 17, 2007
  11. FelipeZaghetti
    Oct 18, 2007
    Because its a Very Very COOL
  12. OlegB.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Thrilling story, fantastic physics engine, unforgettable combat sequences, great music and voice acting!
  13. JuhaszB.
    Nov 9, 2007
    It's the best game ever. One and only.
  14. sneffd.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Well what can i say that hasent allredy ben said about this game wait i know all my 10 R belong to this.
  15. AnonymousMC
    Oct 21, 2007
    Just beat it on the Orange Box. Pretty good game, worth playing once or twice, but I didn't find it as amazing as what most people said. I'm sure it's story (while a little disappointing) and its physics were revolutionary, I absolutely hated the driving missions (especially the airboat) and it felt a little repetitive with little variety to the enemies. Mostly striders,Just beat it on the Orange Box. Pretty good game, worth playing once or twice, but I didn't find it as amazing as what most people said. I'm sure it's story (while a little disappointing) and its physics were revolutionary, I absolutely hated the driving missions (especially the airboat) and it felt a little repetitive with little variety to the enemies. Mostly striders, soldiers, antlions and headcrabs. Great game but not the greatest. Expand
  16. RyukiM.
    Dec 12, 2007
    My opinion on this game: Gameplay: 10- The gameplay is superb,and if you are a persistent gamer you just might get addicted. Storyline: 9- The storyline unlike other games at least has meaning. But scenes of Gman's sudden appearances aren't too understandable. And in this game Gordon is running everywhere to get here and there. Physics: 9- The physics of the game is very My opinion on this game: Gameplay: 10- The gameplay is superb,and if you are a persistent gamer you just might get addicted. Storyline: 9- The storyline unlike other games at least has meaning. But scenes of Gman's sudden appearances aren't too understandable. And in this game Gordon is running everywhere to get here and there. Physics: 9- The physics of the game is very realistic. The only problem is that corpses in the game may pose weirdly. Injuries aren't something in this game either. Game Triggers: 10- The triggers do make sense and must be followed. Weapon Logics: 9- The weapons in the game have realistic movements and fire. But when used by A.I they reload faster: e.g although all ammo used, A.I reloads shotgun with only one bullet. Npc Body Language: 9- The npc's have very well developed movements. But they maybe be twitchy at times of pause. Game Secrets: 10- They are many hidden secrets within the game. Such as the trainyard outside Ravenholm. If you use noclip mode and go through the crashed train at the end of the trainyard, you will see Gman walking towards the back of another train and disappear around the corner. You'd do well to discover all game secrets. A.I: 7- The A.I are very cooperative and persistent, but they can be dumb sometimes. Flame Effects: 6- From front view the flame is very realistic. But if from a bird's eye, the fire is 2D. Even so..Half-Life 2 still is an entertaining game. Expand
  17. KangS.
    Oct 2, 2007
    This is the revolutionary games of the century and to deny it would be naming yourself as one of the people who doesnt know games. This game packs amazing graphic, awsome AI, and every thing is effected by the players presence. Not to mention an awesome storyline that can only be matched by greatest Hollywood blockbusters.
  18. JacobP.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Brilliant game. Excellent story, stunning graphics and many hours of fun.
  19. DanielW.
    Jan 21, 2007
    Great game, special effects, enviroments, etc. Downside: it's a bit short, it took me only 5 hours.
  20. ÖnderB.
    Dec 10, 2007
    This game is the best game that I have ever played. It has a great storyline, great graphics, great technologies, great actions etc. I felt in game myself when I was playing it. I have never seen a pc game like Half-Life 2. Now, I am waiting for Half-Life 3. I hope it will be on my pc in the shortest time.
  21. ScottD.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Awesome, could be longer (larger levels or more of them). Thanks !
  22. samm.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Very, very good. Exciting and addictive, can be difficult in places, good physics.
  23. LukeM.
    Dec 30, 2007
  24. scottm.
    Dec 3, 2007
    easily one of the best games i have ever had the luxury of playing. i do not see why people should rate this game low or not like it, people of (almost) all ages have enjoyed this game. and no matter who is playing it they have had an experience that doesnt occur too often in the video-gaming world today.
  25. AnnemarieBromlewe
    Dec 4, 2007
    So much detail,so much action, it's so amazing this game.
  26. PeterB.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Classic. Hours and hours of immersive fun. Original ideas, great graphics, variety - just a brilliant game. My only tiny gripe is that the machine gun is a bit feeble.
  27. RyanW.
    Dec 7, 2007
    If only I could give an 11 out of 10. Come on...this game could have survived on the gravity gun idea alone! The graphics and level design are only added bonuses.
  28. AnonymousMC
    Oct 28, 2007
    This was one of the best games I have ever played. Returning as Gordon Freeman from the action packed Half Life 1. Personally I played Half Life 1 when I was 6 years old. And now as I am older I still love the game. This game started a Pc gaming revolution! Before Halo was even thought of!
  29. PhoneBooth
    Jan 28, 2007
    This game looks just about as good as anything out there. Gameplay will leave you longing for more even after you have finished the very delivering, long game. An instant classic that is just as great as half-life 1(but not better :) ). The multiplayer, C:SS is one of the most played games and is considered by many "The #1 action online game". Sound and graphics are done with such care This game looks just about as good as anything out there. Gameplay will leave you longing for more even after you have finished the very delivering, long game. An instant classic that is just as great as half-life 1(but not better :) ). The multiplayer, C:SS is one of the most played games and is considered by many "The #1 action online game". Sound and graphics are done with such care and accuracy that you could think you are there, and thank god the voice acting is good! Expand
  30. NathanS.
    Jan 28, 2007
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  31. JBW.
    Jan 29, 2007
    This is the perfect game, in every way. First, anyone who has a problem with Steam should not be downgrading half-life 2, because you are rating the game, not anything else (although I do admit that it does not make sense that you have to be on the internet to play a single player game). The graphics are amazing, better than F.E.A.R., better than PREY better than DOOM 3, better than This is the perfect game, in every way. First, anyone who has a problem with Steam should not be downgrading half-life 2, because you are rating the game, not anything else (although I do admit that it does not make sense that you have to be on the internet to play a single player game). The graphics are amazing, better than F.E.A.R., better than PREY better than DOOM 3, better than Resistance, better than any thing I have ever seen.EVER. because the environments are beautiful, technology-wise and artistic-wise. Nothing feels over shiny, and they do not use any cheap texture tricks (DOOM 3). Everything is just as gritty or as polished as you would expect it to be. The gameplay is amazing..........absolutely amazing. It ranges from just curiosity of discovering phun with physics in City 17, to intense and gripping gameplay in Ravenholm, to running away franticly from a strider in the later levels, to OH MY GOD the gravity gun is now freaking awsome in the last chapter.The weapons are not necessarily diverse, most from the first game, but with the gravity gun, you don't really need many more diverse weapons.(although the little antlion food thing is cool too.) The enemys can be soldiers, helicopters, bugs, or even 3 story tall STRIDERS. And they all interact well with you and the environment. Few games make you feel for the characters like this one, especially with excellent voice acting. Last I would like to say that I just don't get how people could give this game a 1, i mean, we are all entitled to our opinion, but a 1, on a game like this, come on, do you have a grudge? are you a halo fan that doesn't want any game to steal its flare. i mean be fair, if you think that some movie knockoff deserves a 3 or a 4 how can you seriously say that Half-Life 2 deserves a 0? There, I put that out there I'm done, I hope you at least found this review to be fair, because I tried my hardest not to go crazy and verbally punch you guys. Expand
  32. DohneB.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I just finished HL2 for the first time (got myself the orange box) - almost exactly 3 years after its' original release and it was a blast - time certainly hasn't hurt this game in any way! solid action with lots of variety! 9 out of 10! Excuse me, now i'm on to EP1 ;).
  33. MichielF.
    Oct 29, 2007
    By far the best game in the series. Better than Episode 1 and much, much better than Episode 2. E2 has way too many problems running on machines that it should run on! ! ! !
  34. DrakH.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game rules even tho it only takes me 6 hours to play trough :D
  35. bjarkeg.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Half Life 2 have the best story to a action play, ever. And the very nice graviti gun is just so fun.
  36. Strife
    Jan 4, 2007
    I'll admit, when I first played Half-Life 2, it was horrible. But recently I've gone back, and haven't had a problem. Its a shame that games have to be released with problems, and patched later. But thats the gaming world today. Now I understand why Half-Life 2 was game of the year.
  37. AnonymousMC
    Jan 7, 2007
    i'm no expert in game reviewing, but as far as i'm concerned, i'm sad i finished it so fast :) HL2, HL2 LC, HL2 EPO .. anyway, maybe it's not the best game ever, who said that ? but it a game that makes me want more .. realistic too, and it gets better and better .. about the HL1 being better .. not necesarely true .. anyway .. not the best, but one of the best
  38. ErikB.
    Jan 7, 2007
    Just finished it and found it to be a compelling and completly fufilling gaming experience.
  39. EmanuelKumlien
    Jan 8, 2007
    Best game ever. period.
  40. WesF.
    Oct 9, 2007
    All of you who rated this game below a 6 are idiots. You didn't even rate the game, you rated your experience with steam. Complete idiots. If you have a sense of intelligence which most of you do, the game is completely worthy of a 10. This game nears perfection in every way. It was a giant leap forward in graphics, physics, and AI. The only slight issues possibly considered are All of you who rated this game below a 6 are idiots. You didn't even rate the game, you rated your experience with steam. Complete idiots. If you have a sense of intelligence which most of you do, the game is completely worthy of a 10. This game nears perfection in every way. It was a giant leap forward in graphics, physics, and AI. The only slight issues possibly considered are minuscule. Slight bugs with the AI... and depending on your view, the ending may disappoint. Otherwise why would you give a lower score? The Half-Life series has been a revolution in gaming, and the second one as well. Justify your reasons before you make yourself look like an idiot. Expand
  41. BillyS.
    Feb 11, 2007
    The best game yet to come out of the crafty thinkers at Valve utilizing every advancement to put together a fun addicting game.
  42. ConspiracyTheorist
    Feb 1, 2007
    Great game.
  43. ChristianZ.
    Feb 13, 2007
    Fantastic game play with even better graphics and sound. The ultimate Game experience!
  44. JasonP.
    Feb 15, 2007
    Mainly the ONLY reason I upgraded my PC from the dinosaur that it was. I wish I'd upgraded much, much sooner. The gravity gun is just awesome! Currently playing Episode 1. When is Episode 2 comming? A few ideas perhaps. BlueShift 2? Episode 2. Play as Alyx? ( She's more nimble than the venerable Dr Freeman. Maybe an interesting slant on the game perhaps?
  45. Goldfritter
    Feb 25, 2007
    Awesome. Technically, no other words are needed, but I like talking, so: Graphics are pretty good, if not perfect. This adds to the game: no-one wanted, expected or needed a beautiful game. It helps create the dark feeling of discomfort. The fact that it seemed linear was totally canceled out by the ingenious story. It enthralls you, it captivates you. You ALWAYS want to know what comes Awesome. Technically, no other words are needed, but I like talking, so: Graphics are pretty good, if not perfect. This adds to the game: no-one wanted, expected or needed a beautiful game. It helps create the dark feeling of discomfort. The fact that it seemed linear was totally canceled out by the ingenious story. It enthralls you, it captivates you. You ALWAYS want to know what comes next, even if you know it'll scare the pants off you. AI is a bit easy to exploit, but can get entertaining, and is usually up to scratch. Physics and Gravity Gun are a great enhancement, without becoming too obvious or repetitive. You can realy manipulate the environment to your advantage. Steam, as annoying as it is, helps ensure that you get the optimal experience - and what an experience. An absolute masterpiece. Expand
  46. AlexM.
    Feb 6, 2007
    I can't believe I neglected to buy this outstanding game for so long, Its hard to decide which is the best game of all time, until now, I was debating The battlefield series and Halo, but now that I have played HL2 and its expansion, my thoughts have been wavered.
  47. JonathanK.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Wonderful story and gameplay. Beautiful graphics. Valve's commitment to keep the game current with updates and chapters is awesome.
  48. Matt
    Mar 15, 2007
    Honestly the best game I ever played. Valve continuously releases patches, fixing any bugs as new hardware comes out.
  49. NathanS.
    Mar 20, 2007
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  50. AlbertG.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Best fictional first person shooter out there. Blows Halo off the map.
  51. LukeM.
    Mar 29, 2007
  52. MitchelM.
    Mar 4, 2007
    Possibly one of the best first-person shooters ever made. Simply amazing Graphics, physics, AI, and game play. Valve set the bar higher, as it always will.
  53. JoshuaW.
    Mar 7, 2007
    This really is "the best game ever". It never ceases to amaze me how much work was put into this game. People complain about release delays but with Valve quality is paramount.
  54. AnonymousMC
    Apr 24, 2007
    One of the most brilliant games ever created. Almost ,what ,four years ago?, and it still is visually stunning. New games boasting "great physics" are still pitiful in comparison to HL2. And you get the most out of your money considering that it is only ten dollars on Steam. Only setback is that the ending is abrupt and makes you want to rush out and buy the next episodes, but on a scaleOne of the most brilliant games ever created. Almost ,what ,four years ago?, and it still is visually stunning. New games boasting "great physics" are still pitiful in comparison to HL2. And you get the most out of your money considering that it is only ten dollars on Steam. Only setback is that the ending is abrupt and makes you want to rush out and buy the next episodes, but on a scale of one to ten, it gets an eleven. Expand
  55. MrRogers
    Apr 28, 2007
    This is the best game ever created. Period. The graphics are amazing, the sounds a perfect and the storyline is what the game is about. Buy HL1 first though (not HL1:Source - its the same but slower) or you will understand less. People have been complaining of problems with steam, bugs ect. Most of them are sorted out and the game works on all good pcs from about 2005. Basically it all This is the best game ever created. Period. The graphics are amazing, the sounds a perfect and the storyline is what the game is about. Buy HL1 first though (not HL1:Source - its the same but slower) or you will understand less. People have been complaining of problems with steam, bugs ect. Most of them are sorted out and the game works on all good pcs from about 2005. Basically it all works now so download it or buy it on dvd. The best thing by far is the mods. Hundreds of free mods have allowed me to extend the already massively long playing time so that im still plying today. Garry's Mod 10 is particually good. As well as buying hl2, you should also buy Episode 1 and the others Episodes when they come out. Counter Strike:Source and Day of Defeat:Source are also amazing; you can buy them all very cheaply in the source premier pack deal. Expand
  56. JackP.
    May 13, 2007
    Wonderful! Great story and memorable gameplay. Amazing graphics overhaul and physics. Online ins't bad either.
  57. NorrecV.
    May 14, 2007
    Second Best Game On PC! (First... Fallout ;] )
  58. OriZ.
    May 15, 2007
    Great physics , great game , great story i loved it!
  59. AnonymousMC
    May 18, 2007
    Simply put, this is the best game I have ever played. The real world physics coupled with the breathtaking graphics has surplanted every other game i have made. Going back and playing with the gravity gun and on the vehicle levels is some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game.
  60. RobH.
    May 22, 2007
    This is my all time favorite single player game I have ever played. I have played episode 1 and liked it, and cannot wait until episode 2 comes out!
  61. ThomasC.
    May 23, 2007
    Good game but it loads 2 much the Grafics and gameplay are great and the story is amazing.
  62. AnonymousMC
    May 24, 2007
    Possibaly one of the best shooters ever. keeps to the same shabaz as half life one yet still makes you feel your playing something completly new. Also has to be one of the best ending in any game ever. There are still some flaws though. Even though i am a die hard half life fan im not afraid to mention its major flaws. First the teammate AI is preety bad. The will take out 1 or 2 guys andPossibaly one of the best shooters ever. keeps to the same shabaz as half life one yet still makes you feel your playing something completly new. Also has to be one of the best ending in any game ever. There are still some flaws though. Even though i am a die hard half life fan im not afraid to mention its major flaws. First the teammate AI is preety bad. The will take out 1 or 2 guys and leave you with 10.; Finnaly my biggest problem is the installation time is out the door. I know i dont have the best computer but almost a full day to install thats crazy. But end the end it was all worth it beacuse Half Life 2 is a great game. I highly Recomend it. Expand
  63. KristianK.
    May 27, 2007
    It is the best game in the WORLD :P
  64. LukeM.
    Jun 11, 2007
  65. ChristianS.
    Jun 14, 2007
    Very good game, best action game ever!
  66. GypsyD.
    Jun 19, 2007
    Hard to be as good as Half Life 1, but it made it! The river ride was tremendous fun, even the third time I did it.
  67. CaleS.
    Jun 26, 2007
    This is a near perfect game, the physics, the graphics, and everything about it is awesome but there are just a few glitches that really draw from the expirence. Like you can pick up a piece of something and jump and all of the sudden you are flying. Something this realistic shouldnt have that big of a glitch.
  68. DillonC.
    Jun 26, 2007
    The game is perfect. To hardcore FarCry fans, accept it. You've been beaten. The engine is best out there, unrivaled. The physics, also the best. Why do you think FarCry has no physics puzzles? Half-Life 2 is by far the best of the best.
  69. RyanG.
    Jun 27, 2007
    I could play this game for days if it was that long. The mods for are some of the best I've ever seen and I cant wait for episode 2!
  70. JoeS.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Only Doom 3 is better, and only in the technical sense.
  71. KevinM.F.
    Jun 5, 2007
    I got this game when it first came out. It exceeded my expectations and the graphics were beyond what I expected. I didn't write until now because of spare time and that I didn't really cared to leave a comment until now. But with more episodes comeing out and with new graphic cards and DX10 becoming the next gen standard. It is apparent that this game will still rock the boat, I got this game when it first came out. It exceeded my expectations and the graphics were beyond what I expected. I didn't write until now because of spare time and that I didn't really cared to leave a comment until now. But with more episodes comeing out and with new graphic cards and DX10 becoming the next gen standard. It is apparent that this game will still rock the boat, and expeal peole expectations onward. Expand
  72. JohnY.
    Jun 7, 2007
    An absolute classic... again. The first Half Life game introduced us to so many new aspects in FPS, and HL2 takes it to a new level with wonderful graphics, that may I say run extremely smoothly due to the ever wonderful Source engine, insane gameplay, realistic appearances, a really hot lead female character (Alyx Vance), and amazing AI. Although controlling your team is a little bit An absolute classic... again. The first Half Life game introduced us to so many new aspects in FPS, and HL2 takes it to a new level with wonderful graphics, that may I say run extremely smoothly due to the ever wonderful Source engine, insane gameplay, realistic appearances, a really hot lead female character (Alyx Vance), and amazing AI. Although controlling your team is a little bit hard. Oh, and not to mention the absolutely gripping storyline. EPISODE 2 SOON!!! :D Expand
  73. MattL.
    Jun 7, 2007
    This has to be the greatest game ever made. I have never seen such a great game in my entire experience as a gamer. I can't believe the idiots who gave this a 0 or less than a 7. This game deserves better than a ten, because the AI is NOT stupid, the phyiscs pwn any other engine, and the ingame cinematics just top off the icing. I don't understand how this game can be so This has to be the greatest game ever made. I have never seen such a great game in my entire experience as a gamer. I can't believe the idiots who gave this a 0 or less than a 7. This game deserves better than a ten, because the AI is NOT stupid, the phyiscs pwn any other engine, and the ingame cinematics just top off the icing. I don't understand how this game can be so horrible. I downloaded and played this in less than 15 minutes and beat it within a day. I loved the ending by the way. I can't wait to get Episode One. Expand
  74. JulioR.
    Jul 1, 2007
    Gamer who don't play Half Life 2 can't called himself a true gamer.... Is a masterpiece of art of game. Not only is a game is drama that include you to feel you are in the screen.
  75. AlexC.
    Jul 12, 2007
    If you don't like this game there's something wrong with you or your computer. I've heard loadsa gripes about Steam and the long loads and buggy game. My reply is get a better computer and a good connection. For God's sake if you don't read the system requirements it's not the games fault. And those of you who feel that it jusdt isn't a good game. Get If you don't like this game there's something wrong with you or your computer. I've heard loadsa gripes about Steam and the long loads and buggy game. My reply is get a better computer and a good connection. For God's sake if you don't read the system requirements it's not the games fault. And those of you who feel that it jusdt isn't a good game. Get out. Just get out. Now. Expand
  76. ReidS.
    Jul 13, 2007
    Wow this game is amazing the picture, the storyline, everything is perfect. What more could one ask for?
  77. CharlieK.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Best graphics I have ever seen, this game delivers a brilliant story line! Seriously, in my entire life, i have not seen a better FPS than this game! Some parts are frightening, I admit they even scared me a couple of times. But, a lot of the time its pretty funny. Yes, Steam may be a drag, but, HL2 is worth messing with Steam for. A long with the multiplayer version of Half-Life 2 Best graphics I have ever seen, this game delivers a brilliant story line! Seriously, in my entire life, i have not seen a better FPS than this game! Some parts are frightening, I admit they even scared me a couple of times. But, a lot of the time its pretty funny. Yes, Steam may be a drag, but, HL2 is worth messing with Steam for. A long with the multiplayer version of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, this game is really fun, at the same time scary, and you need a lot of strategy to beat the singleplayer, a long with having some friends battle against you in Deathmatch. Just like the 1st (but way better of course) (and new monsters) The AI system is just perfect. Nothing beats this game. I give it a 100/100 or a 10/10 possibly a 10000/10? Source engine also helps the game, giving it possibly the most realistic graphics you can get in one game. P.S. it is SO worth the money. don't worry. Expand
  78. ValdeW.
    Jul 18, 2007
    The best game in the woarld, its graphic is one of the best I ever seen, and I love Alyx Vance.
  79. SamN.
    Jul 25, 2007
    Wow.
  80. LukeM.
    Jul 26, 2007
  81. WayneW.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Incredible FPS game in every aspect. I wish the original could be redone with the same quality graphics.
  82. AlexK.
    Jul 28, 2007
    An absolutely fantastic game. the only games that will beat this one in terms of playability and graphics will be the sequels.
  83. desthlfan
    Jul 8, 2007
    Well I really liked this game because it's so "scary" and so "hard", with the "Hard" difficulty level it's very very hard, I really liked the moments I must think and think that what I should do... The problem is when you finish the game , if u wanna play again you don't like because you know what to do. But there is a HalfLife2 Deathmatch that you can enjoy if u want :) Well I really liked this game because it's so "scary" and so "hard", with the "Hard" difficulty level it's very very hard, I really liked the moments I must think and think that what I should do... The problem is when you finish the game , if u wanna play again you don't like because you know what to do. But there is a HalfLife2 Deathmatch that you can enjoy if u want :) Uh, and sorry for my bad english, i'm Spanish. C-Ya! Expand
  84. RobyZ.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Great game, amazing graphics, great phisics, great AI.
  85. Pete
    Aug 11, 2007
    Awsome on-line experience....I have loved and continue to love every sec. of the game.
  86. xenencore
    Aug 14, 2007
    The story , game play and the concept of single level with real time story telling , i think no other game can achieve this.
  87. MidgeG.
    Aug 17, 2007
    This game is swish. I can't wait for HL3, and I know there will be one. Good things come in 3's!!
  88. MattP.
    Aug 21, 2007
    A truly amazing experience. Beautiful world, both in graphical quality and imaginative design. Lots of fun in various forms; boat, car, gravity gun, lots of shooting. Truly engaging story. Ushers in a new age of story telling. Everyone should have this game on their shelf, even if you don't like the game. The box can just serve as a means to remind you that you're wrong.
  89. MorAvramento
    Aug 23, 2007
    Great game, maybe the best game I played
  90. CapuMagig
    Aug 24, 2007
    Its good, but hey, HL1 was better when comparing with time. But still, Hl2 is good, tho its way too short :S
  91. Johnna
    Aug 24, 2007
    Great game - only thing keeping from a 10 is the lack of none linear play.
  92. seancutt
    Aug 25, 2007
    woot
  93. tommitochondria
    Aug 25, 2007
    best damn porno i have ever seen
  94. ChrisWeinand
    Aug 27, 2007
    Still the best game I ever played.
  95. RobbertJonker
    Aug 28, 2007
    I have playing the game sinds 3 weeks ago, and now i end the game. Not a great end. I think (i hope) soon part 3 will come! 1 of the best game ever if you ask me.
  96. JoniK_K_K_K
    Aug 28, 2007
    This game is GOOD!!!
  97. CharlieR.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Except for the improved graphics and vehicles, Half-Life (Rating of 10 in my book) was much more fun, more varied, had a better storyline and played much longer. I like to replay it far more than HL2.
  98. timb.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Great graphics, awseome weapons, fantastic enemies, amazing surroundings. it blows other games out of the water.
  99. EmanuelKumlien
    Sep 16, 2007
    Best game ever. period.
  100. JonathonH.
    Sep 16, 2007
    Story is amazing. Followed Half-Life greatly. Insane graphics.