9.2

1. Jan 17, 2011
    This is basically video gaming at it's best. People who say this game is overrated and bad simply have no idea of what makes a great video game. The game adds a minor scare factor that adds to the enjoyment and keeps you wanting to play more. The music is an absolute amazing addition to this game, with soundtracks coming into the game at the right moments (driving sections of the game). I thought I was going to spoil this game by playing a large amount of Garry's Mod before playing and making the main characters look silly, but boy was I wrong. If you think there is no story or it is a horrible story, once again you have no idea. The storyline is another excellent dystopian story which is made clear by the Rebels and Citizens trying to survive in this horrible world. And if that is not enough for you, the game is riddled with challenging puzzles to make the game experience even more enjoyable. This game is not a "generic FPS" simply because it is a masterpiece where only Bioshock comes close to being as good. I was first very skeptical about critics saying this was the greatest PC game ever made, but now i have played it I can see why critics have regarded this game so highly. You cannot afford to NOT play this game. Expand
  2. Dec 27, 2010
    This game is art truly amazing. half life 1 was great but this is awesome!!! i have always been a fan of valve but this brings them to a all new level,and i love the felling of bashing heads with crowbars.every time you play it, it gets better and better and better!!
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    Simply amazing...Seeing is believeing. I myslef had heard of half life through the grapevine but had never got around to playing it as I was formally on a console. Well since seeing the light and switching to the pc I started looking into epic pc titles and within the first few minutes of my internet search quickly saw how revered Valve's Half Life series was. I jumped right into Half Life 2 for 10 bucks on Amazon and let me tell you it has changed my expectations of games completely. Even though the game is dated as of 2010, the well thought out game play coupled with the superb plot, facial animations, and voice acting goes to show that graphics is NOT the be all end all. If by chance you are reading this and have not played Half Life- please, treat yourself and give it 5 minutes-you won't look back. Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game and I absolutely love it! The combine are great to kill. And I found it amusing to make the guards angry in the first level. I love the new zombies and the new poison head crabs and zombies are awesome! There are also the funny yet annoying fast zombies! Overall A masterpiece Expand
  5. Jan 1, 2011
    Playing this still makes me speechless, regardless of the graphics "being too outdated" or what-not Half Life 2 has an amazing storyline and the characters actually have an effect on people and arent cheesy.Eitherway, this game made history.
  6. Jan 2, 2011
    It's quite simply impossible for me to find fault with this game. The story is thoroughly engrossing, the level design is superb, the gameplay is varied and interesting, and it's available at an insanely cheap price point. This is, and probably always will be, my favourite PC game of all time.
  7. Jan 4, 2011
    Actually I overgrown most of the games, but I still love HL2.. It has a unique art. A cool mix of technology, urban culture and a lot more that other games just don't have. A very strong visual identity.

Environment - whether you are on the street, alien outpost or sewer system seem unbelievably real and you feel present. It's not just realistic graphics and textures, it's the spontaneus
    architecture.

Usual shooter gameplay is spiced up with gravity gun (oh, the stuff u can do with it :D ) .. and versatility of enemies that demand a different approach.

I feel this is just too big part of pop culture to miss.. like the big movies, series or music.
  8. Jan 12, 2011
    Best FPS game I've ever played. Great character development, deep story, great combat sequences and amazingly immersive environment. Game still looks and performs fantastic today, years after its release. Great replay value, you can play through the game several times and catch bits of story you didn't get the previous time. Great attention to detail, polished setting and original design. A great breath of fresh air from copycat games and run and gun mindless shooters like COD(1-6). Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2011
    Half Life 2 is an amazing game. It has basic mechanics and it is still being awesome. I mean, the system to change your weapons is the same than the original, and that doesn't matter! It is a memorable game. Every dialog, every scene, is still in your mind after SIX years!
    The guys at Valve are genius. They put in your hands a game which has a main character that don't speak, and despite
    that, the whole series of Half Life has a really strong history.
    It is still amazing me. An absolute masterpiece
  10. Jan 26, 2011
    Best first person shooter I have ever played. There were a challenging array of scenarios, some cool puzzles, and stellar graphics. Each weapon is particularly helpful in different situations for a variety of different enemies to use them on. This was a very fun game!
  11. Jan 29, 2011
    "Best Game Ever Made". Yes it is! And just one part is boring "driving with car". Ending was done quickly. Graphics were best at that time. This game is a legend.
  12. Feb 2, 2011
    The greatest single-player FPS ever; it puts you into the story instead of merely telling you the story, it's expertly paced with big action scenes that feel as intense as they look without resorting to a shooting gallery, and it always keeps you in the sweet spot gaming goodness by giving you just enough resources to get past each challenge presented to you but demanding just enough of your skill and smarts to make even the smallest victories feel rewarding. It would be nice if Gordon Freeman had some more personality, but the breathless feel of never stopping to watch a cutscene makes this game feel alive and vibrant and all the more real. Even if you missed the first Half-Life, give this one a go. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  13. Mar 15, 2011
    years later still the best game evar. I play a level or so every so often to this day. I don't do that with Doom 3, i don't do that with Painkiller (its contemporaries). I do that with Half-Life 2. Literally a work of art. creepy. sci-fi weird. even scary at times. Facial animation was revolutionary at the time. and it came with steam! at the time i had dial-up so i was **** and moaning because it took an additional day for the game to update and it wouldn't let me play without it. but now, thank god for steam. It is single handedly doing the heavy lifting to keep the PC gaming community alive. Valve, keep doing what you do. Episode 3 wouldn't hurt, but Half-life 3 would be even better. I have yet to play a Valve game i didn't like. I remember drooling over gaming magazines when they were showing images from the upcoming HL2. and the videos they released that showcased the physics. That clip of the manhacks coming down the hallway, whirring along slicing up everything in their path. And their take on audio is awesome. The sirens, the voices of the combine through masks or communicators. the sound of those weird energy orb thingies. down to the solid way the very first handgun felt in "your" hand. Dont expect textures to be as great as now, and the models have less vertexes and whatnot, but just know, that these guys did it best first. nobody did physics that well then. and Source still holds up.

Yes STR7THZ, i agree.
  14. Mar 26, 2011
    A very good game! A variety of characters, enemies, weapons, and environments to come across in this game. The story line is amazing, you play as Gordon Freeman who was in the original Half - life( which was amazing too). This game has a horror,action, and drama like game-play style. I recommend this game to anyone who wants a good cheap game to play for hours.
  15. Mar 22, 2011
    Given the ratings and praise this game receives it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this is an amazingly great game, so if by some chance you haven't played it, get onto Steam and buy the Orange Box, you won't regret it.
    For me this game has the perfect combination of an engaging and intriguing storyline, varied and exciting game play and a beautifully designed and believable
    world. It's the sort of game where you're constantly trying to play just that bit more to see what's around the corner or find out the next part of the story and that to me is the mark of a great game. Expand
  16. Jul 8, 2012
    There are some people who would argue that this is the best game of all time. I can't really argue with that. But it's up to everyone to decide if it's their favorite. I say, top 5
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Once again Valve raised the bar for the shooter genre and created a blueprint that others would follow for years in its wake. Beautiful visuals that still hold up to this day, immersive and interactive storytelling, creative never-seen-before physics puzzles, and one of the most innovative weapons(Gravity Gun) ever created.
  18. Sep 3, 2012
    If you are reading the reviews there is a chance you didn't played this game yet. Let me tell you one thing: I envy you. This game has the best and longer FPS campaign ever.
  19. Feb 20, 2013
    Half Life was pretty good. But it's far from Half Life 2. The campaign for Half Life 2 is easily one of, if not the, best I have ever played. The first time I played the game. I hated the first two chapters. But I have since grown to love the whole game. Even after beating the game, it is still great fun to play. The graphics, for 2004 were amazing, and the game still looks pretty good now. The puzzles are a tad repetitive sometimes, but the action and storyline make up for it. Another issue is the multiplayer. You have to pay for it seperately, although it is also great fun if you do Expand
  20. Jun 23, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is one of the greatest games ever made. I have played it dozens of times and still enjoy it. The game has many different and great settings, varying enemies and weapons and great locations that are fun to explore. I strongly recommend this game to all who love FPS's
  21. Xon
    Jul 6, 2013
    This is by far for me the truest realisation of a videogame. The game features a terrible dystopian setting with hopeless inhabitants struggling against an unbeatable foe.
    One aspect of the game that I love the most is that you never "leave" the game. All discourse and interactions coccur in-game.
    As near perfect a game as I've ever seen. Some places might seem a bit empty, but hey, the
    human population has been decimated.
    All in all a great experince.
  22. May 31, 2012
    An incredible and rare stroke of genius for the first person shooter genre. Featuring an incredible sense of isolation, perfected storytelling and pacing, wonderful and memorable characters, and exhilarating set piece moments that stay with you for years, Half Life 2 stands triumphant at the pinnacle of the genre as the perfected first person shooter.
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    Absolutely, unquestionably one of the greatest games to hit the surface of our fair planet. Still, to this day amazing. I have lost count of the amount of times I have played through this game. The elegance of the leve design is unbelievable. introduce a concept.... let you use it.... then challenge you with it and make you feel really clever for working it out. Stunning story.
  24. Jul 18, 2012
    All I can say is: Wow. Never in a game have I seen such unique storytelling, unique artstyle, and unique gameplay. The gameplay is excellent. The physics engine Source and the gravity gun are extremely fun to play with, the level design is spot on, the puzzles are consistent yet refreshing, the vehicle sections are a blast, and the shooting mechanics are solid. There wasn't a moment where things seemed repetitive or bland. The story, all viewed by speechless Gordon Freeman, the protagonist, is great. It is about Gordon Freeman's escape in City 17 where civilians are captured by the Combine (alien empire-type baddies) and areas are scattered with Headcrab zombies. He has a great female companion named Alex Vance who accompanies you in the adventure. Overall the story is brilliantly executed and is pretty damn awesome. There isn't any multiplayer, but this is a SP experience, and it is one of the best of its kind. Get this game as soon as you can (lol its been 8 years) because I kid you not it is one of the best FPS games you will ever come across. Expand
  25. May 27, 2012
    The people who rate this negative are attention whores. They are either trying to garner attention to make a statement or they are losers who are impossible to please.
  26. Nov 1, 2013
    Half Life 2:Best Game Ever 10/10

DOTA2: -322/10 Give DIRETIDE
  27. Oct 9, 2012
    Lo primero que debes hacer si estas leyendo esto y aun no has jugado a este juego es ir corriendo a comprarlo/descargarlo/loqueseaperohazloya!! porque es el mejor juego de las últimas décadas (el mejor que yo he jugado). La primera vez, de las muchas que me lo pasé, fue una experiencia genial e increible:
    gráficos, sonido, ambientación, inteligencia de
    los enemigos, y por encima de todo, jugabilidad.
    Es el juego en primera persona mas profundo, variado, imaginativo y divertido que existe!
    Una obra maestra que aunque tenga ocho años, sigue siendo imbatible hoy en día.
    Gráficos: 10 Sonido: 9 Diversión/jugabilidad: 10 Duracíon: 8,5
  28. May 14, 2012
    Why isn't there a 11 button? If you think you are a real gamer, you need to play through half life series. Really. Try it.
    Graphics for year 2004:10/10
    physics!:11/10 still this day almost every game has worse game engine
    gameplay:10/10
    Overall:10/10 and a game you have to play before giving negative feedback.
  29. Nov 3, 2013
    This is probaly the BEST first person shooter that i have ever played. I have played the whole half life serie, and i'm still amazing by how perfectly everything fits together. If you like shooters, YOU MUST PLAY THIS.
  30. Jul 23, 2012
    Not much to add here- a game every gamer should play at least once. A story, soundtrack, and experience to rival that of any other piece of fiction. Despite not really enjoying HL1's overall gameplay (and horribly dated graphics), HL2 more than makes up for it. Anyone who dismissed this game after having an unfavorable experience with its predecessor absolutely should give it a second look.
  31. Jul 11, 2012
    HOLY **** THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVER not kidding, the graphics are not great but so what with the amazing story line and challenging puzzles half life 2 is up in my favorites in steam lets also talk about the hammer editor great editor too but yes there are always flaws (the game ) one is sometimes you commit suicide by alyx or barney bumping you the rocket is a bit under powered and the poison zombies are a bit headless is what im thinking but except all of that best game ever ( not episode 1 or 2 they are great but not half life 2 great) Expand
  32. May 14, 2012
    Look no further - THIS IS THE BEST FPS OF ALL TIME. The source engine at its finest delivers amazing graphics. The game itself is essentially bug free. The supporting Steam platform is flawless. The world savior Gordon paves way for many alien-invasion-and-world-saving-by-a-one-man-army all came after this game, and all have failed to surpass this milestone.
  33. Mar 13, 2012
    The perfect shooter. It doesn't get boring after what must be the 20th replay. Incredible level design, creepy enemies, amazing atmosphere. The benchmark of FPS since 2004 that many have tried and failed to top.
  34. Jun 2, 2012
    I rarely see a game with such an engaging narrative and storyline. This is my all-time favourite FPS. Even after more than 8 years since its release, Half-Life 2 has everything an outstanding game has. The graphics are still awesome, the physics are realistic, the action is nearly unstoppable and it never gets monotonous. Every time I go through the levels I have an amazing dose of fun! Every aspect in this game seems to have been carefully thought in a way that the player will always feel engaged in the action packed shoot outs - the developers truly made a masterpiece. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    A very diffrent type of style for a FPS then any other FPS game I have ever played. Its a interesting FPS with a little puzzle to it. Very good story and fun missions. Half-Life 2 9.6/10
  36. Jun 19, 2013
    A beautiful game, that is a very competent FPS and action game, but at the same time one of the most intelligent puzzle games ever created.
    This game does not guide you by hand. There will be no quest list, map or arrow pointing to your objective. You won't have an army behind you destroying everything in your way. But ut does not lack in action. It is one of the most intense games I ever
    played, it is not easy and it DOES NOT presume you want it to be. Valve presumes you are just as intelligent as they are and the entire game is based around it. Around the fact that you are smart enough to go trough a game without a guide and a army, that you can be emerged in an amazing universe and understand a complicated storyline, that you can understand your objective without it flashing in red and gold every 3 seconds, and that you can solve physics based puzzles, under pressure and enemy fire without any clues.
    Half Life 2 also brings a sense of open world, free to exploration, but even without a map or any guide you never get lost.
    Probably the best game ever created. A freaking masterpiece.
  37. Dec 26, 2013
    The are too many good things to say about this game, so I'll make a long review short:
    Buy it. Buy it now.
    ...........................................
  38. Apr 25, 2012
    Took me eight years to finish Half-Life 2, but it was certainly worth the wait for my sake. Sure, I wish I'd finished it when it was newer, but better late than never. The story is great in traditional Half-Life tradition, and if you haven't gotten around to play this game you'd better make sure you do now!
  39. Aug 23, 2013
    How does this game have a lower metascore than GTA4? This game is almost perfect, except for some bad follower AI which is a non-issue and not even worth complaining about.
  40. May 18, 2012
    This game has a heart like no other, except the first one. The best sequel you could ever imagine. Great graphics and very few bugs. -I have now completed it 5 times and it never gets boring.
  41. May 18, 2012
    If you didn't like this game, well, you are likely not playing any games now. Gameplay was fun, story was fine, and it brings back good memories. .
  42. May 22, 2012
    Perfect game for its time. I've played it many many many many many many many many times through. I still play it from time to time years later. No game like it. Deserves the top of the list and can't wait for the next one. Thanks for an amazing game valve.
  43. May 24, 2012
    Best game ever at time of release. It pushed the limits of creativity, story telling, engine, physics, action thrills, etc. Since then, a few games I have played have exceeded in one of those categories but not everyone.
  44. May 24, 2012
    Half-life 2 a true awesome and fun game especially the gravity gun, i don't know why people say i has bad graphics for today standards, Source engine it's one of the most optimized game engine, to all that people i want to say, you can play Half-Life 2 on almost every computer nowadays even with integrated graphics, but you cant play other games like crysis or any other game that require more resources from your PC, for crysis you need a decent powerful PC but you dont need that much power to play Half-Life 2.
    I loved Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2 and episodes. If Valve don't want to release Episode 3 on 2012, well i guess they want to go slow but carefully.
  45. Jun 1, 2012
    The greatest FPS ever realesed: the storry is wholly engrossing, the gameplay is everything from frantic and exhilerating to quiet and terrifying. The only flaw I can give it is that it doesn't have the best graphics compared to modern games, but since it was released eight years ago, it actually has incredibly good graphics for its time.

Pretty much the perfect FPS, really can't think of
    a better one. Expand
  46. Mar 23, 2014
    Best single player game ever. 10 years later most of these scenes are still better looking than the newest games that come out in 2014, and it deserves an 11 for that. Graphics aren't just high definition textures and more polygons, they are also the context they are put into, proportion, and sound.
  47. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is almost perfect. The visuals are incredible, the storyline is immersive and the gameplay does not allow the player to get bored.
    The only reason for me to give it a ten is the quality of some textures and some slight problems with sound. The rest is indeed Perfect. 9/10
  48. Jul 3, 2012
    This is the greatest game of all time. period. When I first played it it reminded me of the magical feeling of when I first had sex, or when I first feel in love... its that **** good! And even years and years later, I decided to play it again,.. and I was pulled into it just like the first time; I played it all the way through, and completed episodes 1 and 2,.. and loved the whole expierience just like the first time! FPS games that have consistant negative reveiws have only to look at what this game does. Do what this company does!, and listen to the gamers!.. its pretty simple what are demands are.. We want fun gameplay, We want a great story that makes sense. We want a great sound track and sound effects. We want good dialog!!!! (I cant count how many times I've played a game and heard the cheesiest voice acting or stupid ass dialog and wanted to throw the game out the window... This game should be the example of how voice acting and dialog should be. PERIOD. even though game developers know what we want... we still get Sh*t like max payne 3 and the new deus ex... I feel like the video game world is coming to an end and there is only one light left in the distance: VALVE @ Half-Life 3. Deliver us from **** games Valve,.. bring us Half-Life 3!!! Expand
  49. Feb 6, 2013
    One of the best games in gaming history and the best FPS game ever. Puzzles, shooting elements, characters, and of course, Valve quality.
  50. Dec 25, 2013
    Half-Life 2......it doesn't do a whole lot differently than other games in the shooter genre in terms of pure gameplay innovation, but it takes existing styles, then mixes, matches and makes them better. Another triumph.
  51. Jul 20, 2012
    The best game ever made ? Seriously look at the gameplay, dialogs and other tips... This game is epic! The history is clever and easy to understand, and it offers a lot of happy hours in front of your screen. Graphicly, the source engine is very nice and can be changed by download some HD textures packs... So, i just want to thank Valve for this amazing work!!!
  52. Dec 13, 2012
    This is an excellent shooter with a good storyline, characters, and environment. The game starts out a bit slow, but it does a good job of pacing and building up to the big action. The physics in the game are fun and make for some interesting possibilities which were impressive when it was released. The episodes do a good job of building on the story and offering some improvements without changing what makes the game good. Personally I found it very refreshing to have a female character/sidekick with an actual personality and skills, rather than someone who was just there to be a tough dude with boobs. Expand
  53. Jul 28, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. I played through it once when it first came out, then again a few months ago and it hasn't aged a bit! The physics, the graphics, the story, the ai, the gameplay, and the source community makes this a must have game for ANYONE. not just fps lovers but anyone. go pick up this games, Zombie panic source and Insurgency for just $10 and you will be satisfied for months. Buy this game. right now. you owe it to yourself! Expand
  54. Jul 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is honestly one of the Greatest FPS! It is a lost art for today's games to take you on an adventure like HL2 does. The ability to play this game again and again without ever getting board is mind blowing. Great game for the mind and the trigger. All around great game. I do like how it takes you into a mystery at the end of where you are and who's watching you. Great concept. Expand
  55. Jul 29, 2012
    Exellent Game and one of my alltime Favorites. A Milestone in the Gaming History, well worth to Buy. This is probably the best sequel to any PC Game there ever was +10!
  56. Jul 31, 2012
    One word, "Amazing" This is one of the cases where a sequel doesn't ruin the franchise. The graphics are amazing for a game made in 2004. It is powered by the Source engine, which allows mods to easily be installed along with its great physics engine and lighting. My only problem is the vehicles are quite cumbersome. But, it the controls aren't as bad as some of the racing games I have played. What makes this game great, is that you NEVER feel safe and nearly everything goes wrong. Expand
  57. Aug 17, 2012
    With It's outstanding story, fancy graphics and a fast paced, fun gameplay, Half Life 2 easily is a masterpiece. Graphically/visually is so realistic that the game comes to life, because of the impressive Source Engine. And the long, enjoyable story is remarkable. From these words, this game is perfect. 100 out of 100
  58. Aug 16, 2012
    Incredible FPS Action game, out of the hundreds of single player games i have played this one really touched me in story, gameplay and graphical ways. This game is very good for anyone who enjoys playing fps, story or adventure games. You might think Half Life 2 is a little outdated but believe me it is still one of the best games I have played up to today. Playback on this game is really good too, I have played this game over 4 times now trying out different difficulty modes, getting achievements and exploring the fairly big world. You will find it very detailed and a regular play through will take an average person 14-20 hours. Half Life 2 is worth every penny and is a great addition to any gamer's library. Expand
  59. Mar 16, 2013
    This is a darn near perfect game. A bit gruesome for my tastes but very well written and genuinely gripping. At times I find my self truly startled by the game. The combat mechanics are stellar. The puzzles take thought but are not overly difficult to figure out. The animated scenes that play the role of the "cut scene" are not true cut scenes as you stay 100% involved and able to act as the NPCs talk to you and the story plays out. The only real downside is the lack of a voice for Gordon Freeman the silent protagonist AGAIN but that is pretty minor. The graphics turned up to max look incredible given the 2004 release date and run very smoothly. Check points are liberal enough to not have to curse yourself and replay something difficult if you blow it. Valve has an incredible IP and I only hope that eventually there will be a half-life 3. Expand
  60. May 30, 2013
    Most of the people rating this game very low are either console jockeys or love games that play more like movies (press E a bunch now!). Half-life 1 and 2 dominated fps games for years and gave the world games like counter-strike and day of defeat. Games coming out now are quickly becoming unmoddable, a fact that should terrify all PC gamers. The story was engaging and the gameplay in both of them was challenging enough while remaining fun. While the game is not a 10 (I don't think there has ever been a perfect game) it is a classic and will be one of the few games people of this generation will pull out and try to replay when they are in their 50's-60's, hopefully steam still exists then....... Expand
  61. Sep 25, 2012
    A brilliant game and an epic sequel to one of the best shooters of all time - making it also one of the best shooters of all time. I could elaborate more but instead I think I'll just say you REALLY have to play it if you haven't already and if you have played it you know it's the best!!
  62. Jan 9, 2013
    Best shooter ever, best computer game ever, best physics in games ever, best game ever, it is possible not to love science fiction, it is possible not to love shooters, but not to love this game it is impossible.
  63. Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think that this is the greatest PC game of all time, though that doesn't mean I hate it, I still think it's great. Everything about is great, the controls, story, voice acting, settings and game play. A must have.
  64. Oct 6, 2012
    The game is really fun. The graphics are nice, the gravity gun is very cool, the story is nicely told but generally quite a mess. It is a first-person shooter with nice dialogs (or rather monologs, you see, Gordon is obviously mutant), movement freedom and many physics. Nothing less, nothing more.
  65. Mar 22, 2013
    A first-person shooter with incredible storytelling, a groundbreaking technical achievement, plenty of atmosphere and intensity. Nothing less than revolutionary.
  66. Nov 16, 2012
    How people can even dislike this? I will be short: "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman." Half. Life. Two. One of the best game ever made. A perfect sequel, a perfect game.
  67. Nov 25, 2012
    Quite possibly the greatest FPS of all time. There is almost nothing in this game that is bad. I love how the game puts you in control of the character and never says "I'm gonna take away your power, a cutscene has appeared." There are no cutscenes. The level designs are detailed, the Source engine is fantastic, the main characters are memorable, the Headcrabs will make you nervous, and the plotline will make you want to keep on going right to the very end. The only real problem? Valve, apparently, isn't very good at giving us information on a Half-life 3. If you get this game, expect a wait for the next one. And trust me, you'll really want another Half-life. Expand
  68. Nov 27, 2013
    This game is a legend at the time of 2004, she produced a blast, and not only in graphics, ease of management, charismatic characters, cool music and interesting oruzhiem.Kompaniya in this game is incredibly diverse, it has car chases, shootouts, horror, atmosphere humor, scale, coop with bots and of course G-man, maybe now on the background of modern games and you will not experience

Это 2004-года 2004-ом
  69. Nov 12, 2012
    What i like the most about it its that it doesn't feel any linear, you get so into it that it really feels like it flows, i say it stays at the top even if it is almost 9 years old O.O holy crap! yes, its that good, that's the thing that hooks me the most, its pace, it really is a MASTERPIECE and you should definitively try if you haven't, get the orange box, one of the sweetest deals that you can have Expand
  70. Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing follow up to a great game. Amazing physics and graphics at the time as well as an enthralling story make this a must for any PC gamer looking for a quality SP experience.
  71. Mar 24, 2014
    This is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Just amazing. Incredible story and playability. No critics to this game at all. A masterpiece.
  72. Dec 1, 2012
    This is the game of all games it is a FPS but is not really a FPS is more like a journey a road movie.... or road game into what was possible to make in 2004. It is to me the most beautiful game I have ever played or will play. The story line is TOP, game play is the best, Graphics is just a dream it is more like a vision of one man.

When I play half life 2 you are on a journey where u
    discover is not so much of shooting you are in a journey. So next time try to play it as a discovery look, learn, and watch. No Mather how many times you play this game u will always find something new. Expand
  73. Nov 3, 2013
    One word: AMAZING. Improving upon the original while keeping the atmosphere and feel of the game the same, albeit with upgraded visuals and effects of course. Love it. Definitely one of my favorites.
  74. Dec 15, 2012
    This game combines the genres of strategy and shooting. We focus on Gordon Freeman explains that although the alleged "deal" he made with Gman. Well in this game you have to solve puzzles while killing the soldiers of the alliance. Good story even better to Half life 1 and the best part is when you make your rebellion with civilians. If I win in VGA "game of the decade"
  75. Dec 17, 2012
    To today's standards, Half-Life 2 is just a regular game. When it came out, it was just amazing. It was the best example of physics, puzzle game play, and story telling. That's why it's rated way up there. It was a first, a specialty. But what about now, how does it hold up to modern games? The story-line. It holds by it's story-line. If you are going to play HL2 right now, focus on the story-line. It's very well directed. Expand
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    Half-Life 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. There's nothing else like it. By today's standards it may seem slightly cliche', but Half-Life 2 was the most ground-breaking game of the decade, it innovated and created the standards that newer games have since followed. I've played through it 5 times, each as enjoyable as the last. It's not just a game, it's a legacy. The source engine has branched off in so many amazing new areas following Half-Life 2. The modding community is like no other. Really, I just love it and everything about it. Expand
  77. Mar 5, 2013
    Finished it a couple of months ago, it is definitely a classic. Fun and interesting setting. Gameplay and pace are really good Only shooters that can surpass it borrow a lot from it and came out years later.
  78. Aug 24, 2013
    What can be said that hasn't been said already? I'm just going to recommend that anybody who enjoys first person shooters to play this game by saying this. 'It is legendary for a reason. You will not be disappointed.'
  79. Jan 8, 2013
    Best game of the decade, hands down. The Source engine rivals most games today graphics wise, and yet it was released back in 2004, more than 8 years ago. Amazing. It's not just it's amazing engine, it's also the gameplay as well as the subtle story that makes this game what it is. Half-Life is probably the best known video game franchise ever, spawning loads of spin-offs and mods to make Valve loads of money. Expand
  80. Jan 8, 2013
    A game must be fun ,entertaining, have good visuals (not good graphics) and get your attention with the storyline. and Half-Life 2 is one of the most impressive games of all time, because it has all of this.
  81. Jan 9, 2013
    It's 3 games in one really, It's an FPS with Puzzles and mild horror.
    The shooting and gun feedback is top notch and enemy AI, especially on harder difficulties, is challenging. forcing the player to take on enemies with strategy rather than waiting behind conveniently placed shoulder high walls while your health regenerates.
    The puzzles are perfectly timed to break up the action, so you
    aren't just shooting things until it gets boring. The addition of the gravity gun later into the game really adds depth and weight to the gameplay as you find yourself clearing hallways of debris and quickly switching to your crowbar to kill head crabs in the places you discover doing so.
    There are a few annoyances though. First off Squad AI is not broken, but annoying. An example being that Team mates often block doorways or trap you in a corner. Whoever's idea it was to combine flash light, Sprint and oxygen into one bar needs shooting, It means you can't sprint with the light on, or even use a light while holding your breath under water.
  82. Jan 10, 2013
    this is the best game i have ever played awesome graphics,awesome voice acting,awesome gameplay and story it is a must for you to play this game and you will addict to this game,best pc game ever made
    it really deserves 50 game of the year awards
  83. Feb 12, 2013
    Excelente game, Half-Life pode ser considerado o melhor jogo que já existiu Gabe Newel pode ser considerado uma das mentes mais brilhantes que existiu a prova que gráficos não significa qualidade!
  84. Oct 8, 2013
    unpredictable, long, satisfying a 10/10
    ---- I agree that the formula been copied til hit exhaustion but no storyline delivered an experience like this and the tense atmosphere can be felt even when there's no music playing ,new enemies keep being introduced to the player til the end and the weapons are totally NOT OP so you will have to think of an strategy even if you have enough
    bullets to take out everyone because your HP will (almost aways) be on low Expand
  85. Feb 19, 2013
    It's like a science-fiction 007 movie set in a 1984-esque world. Your first playthrough will blow you away, so cherish it and kick the difficulty up to Expert.

Probably the best game ever made.
  86. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is the best FPS I've ever seen. No, absolutely not exaggerating. Even if one does not fire the story of the game from start to finish, the action in place, beats the feeling satiated. Valve until it's going to be the best.
  87. Mar 17, 2013
    Half-Life is one of the best first-person shooter games out there! Even though it came out in 2004, its still GOOD! You can get on Steam for a few bucks. You can buy the entire Half-Life series on Steam just for 40 bucks, one new video game is 60 bucks. There it looks like you really got the entire series only buying the series with 40 bucks. But anyway the graphics of the game is good, the story-line is interesting, but Ravenholm level is quite scary (for most people it is). GO ahead and download the free demo of Half Life 2 to try it out, the demo is on steam! Expand
  88. Nov 17, 2013
    Just a perfect game of the legendary franchise. A golden example of FPS.Everything in this game is great- plot, gameplay, characters. Also can't forget the Zombie level, it was really interesting experience.
  89. Mar 27, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is now freaking 9 years old, but still remains a hell of a classic. Back in the day it was released it featured revolutionary graphics, and even now they can keep up with most of the games.

But Half-Life series never was about the graphics. It was about new techniques, and new stories. new experiences. And Half-Life 2 truly took everything from it's predecessor and upgraded
    it in every way. Smooth and natural storytelling combined with an awesome FPS mechanics and the famous gravity gun give you almost the best experience a shooter can provide. And nowadays it's cheap as chips, so you can just but it and won't be disappointed for sure.

I'm giving Half-Life 2 9 out of 10. Why not 10? Unfortunately 2 days ago BioShock Infinite came out, and nothing can keep up with it. I seriously doubt it I will ever give 10/10 to any game out there after playing Infinite. Sorry fellas.
  90. Mar 20, 2013
    I really don't care what anybody says. This is my favorite game of all time. Thanks for a wonderful experience.
  91. Mar 21, 2013
    Best game I have ever played. After playing this game it made a lot of games look like they had no story line and had nothing but fighting in the same manner over and over again. This game has an excellent puzzle to it and the story line is great. Best game of all time.
  92. Aug 27, 2013
    The sequel to Half-Life but much different the graphics are still quite good but the animations are still really good it still is Half-Life so you will know its Half-Life the stroy telling is amazing as well an absolute masterpiece
  93. Mar 25, 2013
    The game of my childhood. I replayed this game many times and I will replay it many times again. I won't say much about Half-Life 2. I just say, that this is the masterpiece and one of the best games in gaming history and everybody know it.
  94. Apr 7, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. Suspenseful and action packed with great atmosphere. One of the few games I've played through lots of times. The graphics too this day still look good, it was extremely scale-able on a variety of systems as well.
  95. Apr 4, 2013
    Half life 2 is the greatest game of all time, end of story. No game can compare with this. If you haven't played this game, you are missing out on life.
  96. Jul 5, 2013
    I honestly have never enjoyed an FPS as much as I did this one. Fast paced action, challenging AI, amazing storytelling, (not to mention some fun little physics puzzles), this games got it all! This is a must-buy for any adventure-FPS fan.
  97. Aug 31, 2013
    Once in a while, a game comes along that takes what previous games in that genre had and makes it better. Half-Life 2 does that and it's amazing. For a game released in 2004, it ages very well, the graphics are the best I've seen when the game came out and it was a long while until another game came along to surpass the spectacular visuals. The controls are not groundbreaking nor spectacular, they're simple and fun to use, especially in vehicles. This is not a war shooter or a bullet-hell one, it's more of a puzzle game at times, but you have to find the puzzles. This game works at your own pace, there are no cut-scenes, it's all in first person, so you find everything for yourself. This game gives you a freedom that most FPS games did not have at the time. If your not spoiled by the FPSs of today, you'll fall in love with this game. Expand
  98. Apr 23, 2013
    You know, we're in 2013 and i still play Half-Life² and this is one of many assets that the game has. Every Valve's FPS have the rights to pretend being the best, because they are! Fluid but accurate, fast but sometimes we stop our rush to think at some enigma... The development system of Half-Life² allowed us to throw everything we can see throughout the story, to have an optimized game, to have beautiful textures and models for a 2004 olden and to make our own maps! And that's awesome too! We can talk about how mythical Gordon Freeman and all his environment is. Valve always had the idea to let the player think about what happens next this is another asset )
    To me, Half-Life² and all the range "Half-Life" deserve to have a place in the perfection.
  99. Apr 20, 2013
    Its actually one of the best games I've ever played. The game has an astonishingly good story line and its really fun to play whatsoever. Its one of the really few games that is enjoyable to complete over and over again as well as completing steam achievements. 7 Euros for my favorite game and it can get you more than 15 hours of game-play if you want to feel the game at its finest besides having a wide variety of mods for the game since source engine is highly compatible with mods. Having the source engine on this game really helps it to grow, source engine is really one of the most famous engines in the gaming world if not the number one. Really, go buy that game already! Expand
  100. Apr 26, 2013
    The game was the best game of 2004. I even play this game now in 2013. The game runs surprisingly smooth on low end pc. The enemy AI doesn't let you just kill him. The friendly AI is just as good. The graphics are just beatifull. Once you reach the chapter ''Highway 17'' where the beach is, you will know what i meant with beatifull.