9.2

1. Dec 13, 2012
    This is an excellent shooter with a good storyline, characters, and environment. The game starts out a bit slow, but it does a good job of pacing and building up to the big action. The physics in the game are fun and make for some interesting possibilities which were impressive when it was released. The episodes do a good job of building on the story and offering some improvements without changing what makes the game good. Personally I found it very refreshing to have a female character/sidekick with an actual personality and skills, rather than someone who was just there to be a tough dude with boobs. Expand
  2. Aug 17, 2012
    With It's outstanding story, fancy graphics and a fast paced, fun gameplay, Half Life 2 easily is a masterpiece. Graphically/visually is so realistic that the game comes to life, because of the impressive Source Engine. And the long, enjoyable story is remarkable. From these words, this game is perfect. 100 out of 100
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    Incredible FPS Action game, out of the hundreds of single player games i have played this one really touched me in story, gameplay and graphical ways. This game is very good for anyone who enjoys playing fps, story or adventure games. You might think Half Life 2 is a little outdated but believe me it is still one of the best games I have played up to today. Playback on this game is really good too, I have played this game over 4 times now trying out different difficulty modes, getting achievements and exploring the fairly big world. You will find it very detailed and a regular play through will take an average person 14-20 hours. Half Life 2 is worth every penny and is a great addition to any gamer's library. Expand
  4. Mar 16, 2013
    This is a darn near perfect game. A bit gruesome for my tastes but very well written and genuinely gripping. At times I find my self truly startled by the game. The combat mechanics are stellar. The puzzles take thought but are not overly difficult to figure out. The animated scenes that play the role of the "cut scene" are not true cut scenes as you stay 100% involved and able to act as the NPCs talk to you and the story plays out. The only real downside is the lack of a voice for Gordon Freeman the silent protagonist AGAIN but that is pretty minor. The graphics turned up to max look incredible given the 2004 release date and run very smoothly. Check points are liberal enough to not have to curse yourself and replay something difficult if you blow it. Valve has an incredible IP and I only hope that eventually there will be a half-life 3. Expand
  5. May 30, 2013
    Most of the people rating this game very low are either console jockeys or love games that play more like movies (press E a bunch now!). Half-life 1 and 2 dominated fps games for years and gave the world games like counter-strike and day of defeat. Games coming out now are quickly becoming unmoddable, a fact that should terrify all PC gamers. The story was engaging and the gameplay in both of them was challenging enough while remaining fun. While the game is not a 10 (I don't think there has ever been a perfect game) it is a classic and will be one of the few games people of this generation will pull out and try to replay when they are in their 50's-60's, hopefully steam still exists then....... Expand
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    A brilliant game and an epic sequel to one of the best shooters of all time - making it also one of the best shooters of all time. I could elaborate more but instead I think I'll just say you REALLY have to play it if you haven't already and if you have played it you know it's the best!!
  7. Jan 9, 2013
    Best shooter ever, best computer game ever, best physics in games ever, best game ever, it is possible not to love science fiction, it is possible not to love shooters, but not to love this game it is impossible.
  8. Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think that this is the greatest PC game of all time, though that doesn't mean I hate it, I still think it's great. Everything about is great, the controls, story, voice acting, settings and game play. A must have.
  9. Oct 6, 2012
    The game is really fun. The graphics are nice, the gravity gun is very cool, the story is nicely told but generally quite a mess. It is a first-person shooter with nice dialogs (or rather monologs, you see, Gordon is obviously mutant), movement freedom and many physics. Nothing less, nothing more.
  10. Mar 22, 2013
    A first-person shooter with incredible storytelling, a groundbreaking technical achievement, plenty of atmosphere and intensity. Nothing less than revolutionary.
  11. Nov 16, 2012
    How people can even dislike this? I will be short: "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman." Half. Life. Two. One of the best game ever made. A perfect sequel, a perfect game.
  12. Nov 25, 2012
    Quite possibly the greatest FPS of all time. There is almost nothing in this game that is bad. I love how the game puts you in control of the character and never says "I'm gonna take away your power, a cutscene has appeared." There are no cutscenes. The level designs are detailed, the Source engine is fantastic, the main characters are memorable, the Headcrabs will make you nervous, and the plotline will make you want to keep on going right to the very end. The only real problem? Valve, apparently, isn't very good at giving us information on a Half-life 3. If you get this game, expect a wait for the next one. And trust me, you'll really want another Half-life. Expand
  13. Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing follow up to a great game. Amazing physics and graphics at the time as well as an enthralling story make this a must for any PC gamer looking for a quality SP experience.
  14. Dec 1, 2012
    This is the game of all games it is a FPS but is not really a FPS is more like a journey a road movie.... or road game into what was possible to make in 2004. It is to me the most beautiful game I have ever played or will play. The story line is TOP, game play is the best, Graphics is just a dream it is more like a vision of one man.

When I play half life 2 you are on a journey where u
    discover is not so much of shooting you are in a journey. So next time try to play it as a discovery look, learn, and watch. No Mather how many times you play this game u will always find something new. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2013
    One word: AMAZING. Improving upon the original while keeping the atmosphere and feel of the game the same, albeit with upgraded visuals and effects of course. Love it. Definitely one of my favorites.
  16. Dec 15, 2012
    This game combines the genres of strategy and shooting. We focus on Gordon Freeman explains that although the alleged "deal" he made with Gman. Well in this game you have to solve puzzles while killing the soldiers of the alliance. Good story even better to Half life 1 and the best part is when you make your rebellion with civilians. If I win in VGA "game of the decade"
  17. Dec 17, 2012
    To today's standards, Half-Life 2 is just a regular game. When it came out, it was just amazing. It was the best example of physics, puzzle game play, and story telling. That's why it's rated way up there. It was a first, a specialty. But what about now, how does it hold up to modern games? The story-line. It holds by it's story-line. If you are going to play HL2 right now, focus on the story-line. It's very well directed. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    Half-Life 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. There's nothing else like it. By today's standards it may seem slightly cliche', but Half-Life 2 was the most ground-breaking game of the decade, it innovated and created the standards that newer games have since followed. I've played through it 5 times, each as enjoyable as the last. It's not just a game, it's a legacy. The source engine has branched off in so many amazing new areas following Half-Life 2. The modding community is like no other. Really, I just love it and everything about it. Expand
  19. Mar 5, 2013
    Finished it a couple of months ago, it is definitely a classic. Fun and interesting setting. Gameplay and pace are really good Only shooters that can surpass it borrow a lot from it and came out years later.
  20. Aug 24, 2013
    What can be said that hasn't been said already? I'm just going to recommend that anybody who enjoys first person shooters to play this game by saying this. 'It is legendary for a reason. You will not be disappointed.'
  21. Jan 8, 2013
    Best game of the decade, hands down. The Source engine rivals most games today graphics wise, and yet it was released back in 2004, more than 8 years ago. Amazing. It's not just it's amazing engine, it's also the gameplay as well as the subtle story that makes this game what it is. Half-Life is probably the best known video game franchise ever, spawning loads of spin-offs and mods to make Valve loads of money. Expand
  22. Jan 8, 2013
    A game must be fun ,entertaining, have good visuals (not good graphics) and get your attention with the storyline. and Half-Life 2 is one of the most impressive games of all time, because it has all of this.
  23. Jan 9, 2013
    It's 3 games in one really, It's an FPS with Puzzles and mild horror.
    The shooting and gun feedback is top notch and enemy AI, especially on harder difficulties, is challenging. forcing the player to take on enemies with strategy rather than waiting behind conveniently placed shoulder high walls while your health regenerates.
    The puzzles are perfectly timed to break up the action, so you
    aren't just shooting things until it gets boring. The addition of the gravity gun later into the game really adds depth and weight to the gameplay as you find yourself clearing hallways of debris and quickly switching to your crowbar to kill head crabs in the places you discover doing so.
    There are a few annoyances though. First off Squad AI is not broken, but annoying. An example being that Team mates often block doorways or trap you in a corner. Whoever's idea it was to combine flash light, Sprint and oxygen into one bar needs shooting, It means you can't sprint with the light on, or even use a light while holding your breath under water.
  24. Jan 10, 2013
    this is the best game i have ever played awesome graphics,awesome voice acting,awesome gameplay and story it is a must for you to play this game and you will addict to this game,best pc game ever made
    it really deserves 50 game of the year awards
  25. Feb 12, 2013
    Excelente game, Half-Life pode ser considerado o melhor jogo que já existiu Gabe Newel pode ser considerado uma das mentes mais brilhantes que existiu a prova que gráficos não significa qualidade!
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    unpredictable, long, satisfying a 10/10
    ---- I agree that the formula been copied til hit exhaustion but no storyline delivered an experience like this and the tense atmosphere can be felt even when there's no music playing ,new enemies keep being introduced to the player til the end and the weapons are totally NOT OP so you will have to think of an strategy even if you have enough
    bullets to take out everyone because your HP will (almost aways) be on low Expand
  27. Feb 19, 2013
    It's like a science-fiction 007 movie set in a 1984-esque world. Your first playthrough will blow you away, so cherish it and kick the difficulty up to Expert.

Probably the best game ever made.
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is the best FPS I've ever seen. No, absolutely not exaggerating. Even if one does not fire the story of the game from start to finish, the action in place, beats the feeling satiated. Valve until it's going to be the best.
  29. Mar 17, 2013
    Half-Life is one of the best first-person shooter games out there! Even though it came out in 2004, its still GOOD! You can get on Steam for a few bucks. You can buy the entire Half-Life series on Steam just for 40 bucks, one new video game is 60 bucks. There it looks like you really got the entire series only buying the series with 40 bucks. But anyway the graphics of the game is good, the story-line is interesting, but Ravenholm level is quite scary (for most people it is). GO ahead and download the free demo of Half Life 2 to try it out, the demo is on steam! Expand
  30. Mar 27, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is now freaking 9 years old, but still remains a hell of a classic. Back in the day it was released it featured revolutionary graphics, and even now they can keep up with most of the games.

But Half-Life series never was about the graphics. It was about new techniques, and new stories. new experiences. And Half-Life 2 truly took everything from it's predecessor and upgraded
    it in every way. Smooth and natural storytelling combined with an awesome FPS mechanics and the famous gravity gun give you almost the best experience a shooter can provide. And nowadays it's cheap as chips, so you can just but it and won't be disappointed for sure.

I'm giving Half-Life 2 9 out of 10. Why not 10? Unfortunately 2 days ago BioShock Infinite came out, and nothing can keep up with it. I seriously doubt it I will ever give 10/10 to any game out there after playing Infinite. Sorry fellas.
  31. Mar 20, 2013
    I really don't care what anybody says. This is my favorite game of all time. Thanks for a wonderful experience.
  32. Mar 25, 2013
    The game of my childhood. I replayed this game many times and I will replay it many times again. I won't say much about Half-Life 2. I just say, that this is the masterpiece and one of the best games in gaming history and everybody know it.
  33. Apr 7, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. Suspenseful and action packed with great atmosphere. One of the few games I've played through lots of times. The graphics too this day still look good, it was extremely scale-able on a variety of systems as well.
  34. Apr 4, 2013
    Half life 2 is the greatest game of all time, end of story. No game can compare with this. If you haven't played this game, you are missing out on life.
  35. Jul 5, 2013
    I honestly have never enjoyed an FPS as much as I did this one. Fast paced action, challenging AI, amazing storytelling, (not to mention some fun little physics puzzles), this games got it all! This is a must-buy for any adventure-FPS fan.
  36. Apr 23, 2013
    You know, we're in 2013 and i still play Half-Life² and this is one of many assets that the game has. Every Valve's FPS have the rights to pretend being the best, because they are! Fluid but accurate, fast but sometimes we stop our rush to think at some enigma... The development system of Half-Life² allowed us to throw everything we can see throughout the story, to have an optimized game, to have beautiful textures and models for a 2004 olden and to make our own maps! And that's awesome too! We can talk about how mythical Gordon Freeman and all his environment is. Valve always had the idea to let the player think about what happens next this is another asset )
    To me, Half-Life² and all the range "Half-Life" deserve to have a place in the perfection.
  37. Apr 20, 2013
    Its actually one of the best games I've ever played. The game has an astonishingly good story line and its really fun to play whatsoever. Its one of the really few games that is enjoyable to complete over and over again as well as completing steam achievements. 7 Euros for my favorite game and it can get you more than 15 hours of game-play if you want to feel the game at its finest besides having a wide variety of mods for the game since source engine is highly compatible with mods. Having the source engine on this game really helps it to grow, source engine is really one of the most famous engines in the gaming world if not the number one. Really, go buy that game already! Expand
  38. Apr 26, 2013
    The game was the best game of 2004. I even play this game now in 2013. The game runs surprisingly smooth on low end pc. The enemy AI doesn't let you just kill him. The friendly AI is just as good. The graphics are just beatifull. Once you reach the chapter ''Highway 17'' where the beach is, you will know what i meant with beatifull.
  39. Apr 27, 2013
    When you start to get the idea, it's a pretty easy game. But the sheer amount of adventure you're sent off on in even the first three chapters makes playing Half Life 2 worth it.
  40. May 1, 2013
    Yet another great Half-life game! Not as scary as the first one but it is still fun to play, with lots of actions, twists and characters that you get involved with. No doubt that this game will keep you entertained. Healthy variety of weapons with a great stories and well developed story, I recommend this to anyone!
  41. May 3, 2013
    A sequel like you've never seen before.

Half-Life 2 is not only a sequel of a critical acclaimed video game, but is one of the best video games ever made.

The plot takes place in the fictional City 17, where Gordon is woken up after his 20yrs long stasis, from original Half-Life, where he finds that the world has changed a lot in his absence, now the Earth being ruled by an unknown
    alien race called Combine.

After the Seven Hour War, the humanity has been willingly enslaved so they will still live, rather than the whole world to be annihilated. However the player later discovers that combine suppression field will prevent them to re-product, so that the current generation is the last one.

When Gordon comes back, everybody knows him and what he has done, and practically considered a hero, and a legend.

During his journey, once again, this time Gordon doesn't fight for saving a facility, and the whole world, shortly becoming Combine's prime target, and in same time, the symbol of freedom for the Resistance.

During the plot, the player meets again the iconic characters, and antagonists from the original game, such as Eli Vance, Dr. Breen, but also the xenians that now are friends, headcrabs, zombies, and also several new characters like Alyx Vance, dr. Judith Mossman, who both later will become iconic characters of the sequel.

Half-Life 2, beyond the new friends, also features new enemies, such as Antlions, more zombie races, and others.

The gameplay is just flawless. As the first one, Half-Life 2 is a FPS, but, same, in which the player will need to solve puzzles to progress in the game, listen at splendid dialogues, and decent, mature and great conflicts.

The sequel has the same characteristics, is still linear, but with great replay value.

The level design is just astonishing, with detailed buildings, great lightning and water effects, physics, and many others.

Most of the weapons from the original game we're not kept, but many others we're introduces, such as the 9mm USP Pistol, SMG1 with it's grenade launcher, spas-12 shotgun, a re-created crossbow and RPG, a BugBait(also called Pheropod), an alien-ish AR2 Rifle, advanced grenades, and the 2 iconic weapons, the crowbar, and the Gravity Gun.

As an ,,bonus,, Half-Life 2 also features more usable vehicles, such as Airboats, and Buggies.

Beyond the game play mechanics, great level design, unbelievable story, was also introduced one of the best game's friendly and enemy AI, which are pushed to their limits and skills in both non-scripted events, but scripted as well.

Same with the physics, which are shown the same way the AI is, though regular, but scripted sequences as well.

After this, Half-Life 2 had a sort of chaotic development, like you've seen in E3 2002 gameplay and trailer, the game was totally different than the final product, as it's been set in a darker future. The original plot can be found in the Raising The Bar Book, which features concept arts, original design and others from Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, And Half-Life(both originals and the sequels).

The original plot also inspired many mods, most notable being Missing Information.

So, after all this, I guess you all have seen great/good/decent sequels, but there aren't many that not only live to the expectations, they even surpass them.

Half-Life 2 is a great shooter and is a must-own and play.
  42. Edd
    May 7, 2013
    This game will forever be one of the best Worked Games I ever played with Bioshock series and Team Fortress 2) I mean nobody shall forget this Splendid work of art (The graphics,The Storyline,The weapons,characters,sounds,effects...It's completely BEAUTIFUL Gordon Freeman Is here to save the world
  43. Jul 8, 2013
    This game is the best FPS of all time. Even though the game was released in 2004, it still impresses mainly by its physical. The Gravity Gun is very fun, and the history was very well made.
  44. sft
    May 22, 2013
    All hail the crowbar!

This is the game that got me hooked on shooters. In that respect I guess it has a lot to answer for! And, along with Episodes 1 and 2, it remains my favourite to this day. Valve have taken their 1998 classic Half-Life and improved on it in every conceivable way. Much improved graphics, much improved physics, much improved AI, and much improved weapons, most notably
    the wondrous gravity gun. Once again it mixes a wide variety of spectacular environments with some satisfying puzzles and some fantastic combat. It also develops the story started in the original and fleshes it out nicely. Another important gain is the introduction of Alyx and her father Ely. Alyx will be a welcome companion and will, periodically, fight by your side. This is a big factor in HL2 the introduction of team play. You will have small bands of resistance fighters with you sporadically during play in the single player mode and this adds a team element which greatly increases immersion and the sense that what you do matters. I could bang on about this game for ever and a day, but just let me say this: play it you won’t regret it. Expand
  45. Jun 29, 2013
    Best game ever. Amazing story, awesome graphics (for its time), real physics, and very good gameplay. For anyone who plays shooters, this game is a must. I just played this game last week, 9 years after its release. Let me tell you, it's true how they say a masterpiece never ages.
  46. Jul 14, 2013
    I would give the game a 90 out of 100. Pro´s: Gun play: (To achieve guns u have to get to some progress points in-game. Every new weapon is it totally worth it to play. The only bad thing here is that u have the full weapon set in the middle of the game.) The Gun play of the weapons is amazing. Never got such a good feeling with this. Story: The Story is ok. Nothing special. Levels: Well designed Level maps. I like the change between darker and brighter areas.

Contras:
    At some points its going to get frustrating for noobs like me. Especially at the end of the game. (chapter 11 and 12) chapter 1-10 and 13 are well balanced.
    Bugs: Sometimes the KI blocks your way and you die. Additional you stuck and can´t jump out at some points.

Overall this game is still worth to play it in 2013 and have a much better Solo mod than Battlefield and CoD.
  47. Jul 1, 2014
    Half-Life 2 is an exhilarating game! The graphics(even though I could care less about graphics)still hold up. The water looks amazing in this game and so does everything else. This game also has one very scary chapter called "We don't go to Ravenholm." The areas are much bigger in this game compared to Half-Life. This time there are more puzzles, physics, vehicles, and a new weapon. There is sadly no gluon gun but there is a new weapon called the gravity gun. Don't worry though the tau cannon is back. Like the original, it feels like one big map instead of individual levels thanks to no cutscenes. Half-Life 2 is incredible. Expand
  48. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I great game. Very enjoyable and original. The AI is amazing and the atmosphere is excellent. Satisfying and beautiful. I find a considerate amount of people criticizing it for bad AI and repetitive show how clueless they are failing to see the utter difference of each level. The ending was amazing. Valve made sure not to put too much weapons. One of each. One pistol, one revolver, one shotgun, one smg etc.....but made the weapons so satisfying and fun to use that you didn't want more. the physics make the game all the more realistic and the unbelievably original story made all the more better. One of the best, if not the best, fps ever. 100/10 that's how good it is Expand
  49. Jul 15, 2013
    Game is still fresh, and awesome and cross-platform.
    Best adventure game in which I played, the game is very specific.
    The story of a high standard.
  50. Jul 17, 2013
    Despite the slightly repetitive chapters of Water Hazard and Highway 7, Half Life 2 has followed on from its predecessor and is honestly one of the greatest games I have EVER played. Very fancy graphics, more than an hour of timed dialogue and sound, awesome storyline and gameplay that will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours on end. I recommend this game to anyone because it is a benchmark in modern First Person Shooters. Expand
  51. Jul 21, 2013
    The game is perfect. The ending, the story, the physics. Lets begin shall we? Game graphics are prety good for its year. The physics in the game is evolutionary. No doubt its the best FPS I've ever played. Actualy best game I've played. The strongest part of the game, is the atmosphare. It gives you the feeling you are in a sandbox game how ever every step you make was already was desinged. When you nead to feel hopeless game makes you feel like that, when you nead to be awesome. And after all the shooting mechanics and everything was prety good and required real skill... It still succseded to give you the feeling of the atmosphare with a muted character... So here is the status:
    Graphics: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Story line: 11/10
    Physics: 10/10
    Atmosphare: 20/10
  52. Aug 11, 2013
    A brilliant mix of puzzles action and story with a big mystery, with creative enemies and weapons, and revolutionary physics and is so immersing that when you hear a zombie it will want to make you look behind you, Half life 2 is a game you just cant miss. (Watch out for the G-man!)
  53. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ótimo game, muito bom mesmo, merece a posição que chegou, o game surpreendente em gráficos, física,história, jogabilidade, enfim com certeza o melhor game de pc.
    djsakfsdjfklsj fkldsj flksajflksjfklsjfklajfkldsjf kldsjfklsajf aksjfldsakjfklsjfsalkjfdskljf lskfjsalkjfsl fjslfshfjsahflsakjfklsjfklsajlfsajlfjdslfsjalfjskjaldsjfkldsjkl djflasfsajlçkjklasjklsdjfçklsjfkl jdsfklueiurriourioaurioueiorauroieuroeiaueoripqiouqpoqpioqurioquuqer
  54. Oct 31, 2013
    This is the only game that I've ever played that I would grant the honor of having a 10. I've played the campaign so often that I know every single trick, every single shortcut, every single hidden item, etcetera. Yet, it remains so intruiging and mindboggling as if it was the first time I started hl2.exe. The characters, settings, weapons and enemies are quite diverse but also feel so perfectly connected throughout the game. Because of this I prefer it over the original Half Life, which did not differentiate as much between locations.

I hope we will hear about HL2:EP3/ HL3 soon. This is truly the only game I am looking forward to and I, unfortunately, cannot wait to end this epic series of games.
  55. Vas
    Jun 29, 2014
    This is pretty epic, really well done. A nice long story with plenty to do and isn't so easy that you can simply run through it. Really, there almost isn't any room for improvement in this. This game is just amazing, just get it, you won't regret it! I can't even figure out how there is a single bad review about it here. :P You simply can't hate it! That is like, successfully dividing by zero.
  56. Aug 5, 2013
    Half-Life 2 has astonished us from start to finish. Valve has done to the FPS genre what restaurants in Chinatown do to ducks; shredded it, smothered it in a delicious sauce of their own devising, and served it up in a way which you simply couldn't have imagined when looking at them in the pond.
  57. Aug 5, 2013
    Half Life 2 is the best game I've ever played! This game is absolutely amazing and I've replayed it 8 times! The game really puts you in the mood with it's soundtrack, voice acting and scenery! This is definitely the #1 on my top list of games! You must play this game or else you have missed out on the best game ever made.
  58. Aug 7, 2013
    HL2 is all about immersion. Great storytelling, original in so many ways. Masterpiece.
    I would say there is only one flaw: some guns may need a tweak to work well or simply aim 10 meters ahead.
  59. Sep 18, 2013
    The best game for me, for its original story, gameplay, duration, was the only game I played with my friends, not only was fun, it's more this game was the reason that shooters are not just shooting, ie telling a story that grabs you from the first minute of the game, a game exciting and burgeoning high quality. The masterpiece of gaming, a game I recommend to play.
  60. Aug 16, 2013
    Great story, amazing gun-play and brilliant graphics. Absolutely stunning, made me appreciate this game even more playing it through again, this paved the way for future shooters.
  61. Aug 17, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best games you will ever play in your life... And it's one game that you'll never forget! As you go more into the game the action, gameplay, and experience will blow your mind! This game has all of it. Support characters, plot twists, amazing dialog, tough enemies, everything! And by time you'll finish this game you will always enjoy it.
  62. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing story, nice graphics fun to play. One of the best games ever made, maybe the best. Cant believe how someone can't like this game. But I'm just going to say BEST STORY EVER!
  63. Aug 30, 2013
    This is just an amazing game, even though it's 9 years old. It has nice graphics and physics, an interesting story and great gameplay. One of the best games ever.
  64. Sep 16, 2013
    I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. This game is great, period. I would consider it art that should be preserved through the centuries. I'll remember this game when I'm an old man wandering around in my underwear inside a department store.
  65. Sep 17, 2013
    This is a story-driven FPS game with an excellent flow of enemies and weapons and situations, it never gets dull and they always spice up the environment or opposition fluidly as you progress. If there is one FPS game you buy to know what FPS games are like, get this one. Besides that, the game itself allows you access to it's enormous, imaginative and excellent modding community, you can turn half life 2 into so many different games by downloading mods from modding websites that it can be argued that through a single purchase of half life 2 you in fact purchase access to hundreds of games, not all of them good, but a multitude of the mods are pure gold. And they each all have their own niche communities, so many different kinds of these groups that you'll be hard pressed to NOT find a group and mod that fits for you. Expand
  66. Sep 20, 2013
    This game has become the standard for modern shooters, and for a good reason. They did absolutely everything right. Of course, the AI and graphics are becoming a little dated, but all in all, this is one of the most memorable first-person shooters of all time.
  67. Sep 26, 2013
    The best Game I ever played! It offers cool Characters, very much Action, and a good humor! Gordon Freeman, the main actor, is also a very cool person. He´s my favorite Game Character.
  68. Oct 12, 2013
    My absolute favorite game. The game is full of action, jaw-dropping moments, silly things, and not to mention if you have it on steam, the mods. OHHHHHHHHHHH! those mods
  69. Oct 13, 2013
    One of my first games played od new computer (back to year 2009), and, after four years, still holds "the best" title. Even if graphic looks now a bit old, the rest of it is AMAZING. Psychics, dialogues, action, music (shame that it shows itself so rarely), storyline. If anyone haven't tried that game yet (are there still some people in this world, who have this?), then probably live in the middle of the jungle or still playing his/her old Amiga/ZX/C64. Best game ever, I could hardly imagine that any game will ever beat this one. Expand
  70. Oct 14, 2013
    Forget OoT, this game is truly flawless! I'll stat out with graphics first off, for 2004, they are remarkably good, it's like Call of Duty 2's graphics, it's nice, it's that perfect mix. But for me, graphics don't matter, what matters is how it plays. This game is bug free, in the two time I've played it, I've never encountered anything that would break the immersion, it's polished. Now the gameplay is honestly some of the most streamlined I've experienced. The sounds in this game are some of the most creative, I always think what Valve did to make such sounds that truly sound alien and foreign, incredible, adds to the game a lot.I should also mention, great story, I'd like to go on but really, I want to keep this short. Overall HL2 is well worth the money, and once it gets you, you just want more. Expand
  71. Oct 17, 2013
    Loved it, loved it, words can not describe the fun, challenging and compelling atmosphere of this. Although puzzles can be occasionally perplexing, they will be fun all the time. Gameplay is nothing spectacular but is enjoyable all the same. Great weapons, great story, etc... until you meet the AI. If you play the game right, the AI isn't a problem to be fair, but if you want to find glitches of it, you'll be satisfied. Weapons are fun, all unique and ultimately great. If you loved the first Half Life, you'll love this one. You can't expect a bad game, I mean c'mon we're talking about Valve here, but this shocks me with great characters, in depth story, and graphics that make other FPS games look up in envy since this was made in 2004 and has the graphical equivalent of today's games. You'll be challenged with HL2's enemies, scary, shocking and all fun to fight, and a weapon system that is just so amazing. It inspired a generation of FPS, and it's praise isn't going to stop. It coined so many catchphrases like "Pick up that can" or "Rise and shine, Dr Freeman" and also is the highlight of Valve. Gordon Freeman has no reason to be silent though. He has a backstory and everyone else talks, but you can forget this because you'll be emerged in too much fun to notice. BUY. Expand
  72. Oct 17, 2013
    Have recently replayed the game, I asked if it has stood the the test of time. For the most part yes. The game play and graphics are showing their age, but at the time they were released were pioneers. The story though... it is still a grand master piece as you follow Gordon Freeman through his quest to liberate man kind from the combine.
  73. Oct 18, 2013
    Want to give 9.5 out of 10. I only have a problem with its weird controls at times (too many items with too few slots for them) and I'm not going to comment on the graphics given its age at the time of playing it. But in terms of gameplay, story, voice acting and atmosphere, this game is beastly. Unbeaten. While it's not my favorite game, it is certainly one of my favorites. There isn't enough downsides to counter the plenitude of good qualities that make this game stand out. I can wait forever for HL3 Expand
  74. Oct 22, 2013
    Ok i'm not a very big Fps Fan but this THIS is one of my Favorite gammmes evver. Its good ok. Good music and Graphics, Great story and AMAZINGGGG Gameplay. Nuff said.
  75. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second game in the Half Life series is also the best game in the series. The game starts off by pitting you in City 17 around 20 years after the first game. After watching and experiencing the main enemies (The Combine) harshness, you spend the rest of your time demolishing them with the gravity gun. Well made, well designed, an all round perfect game. Expand
  76. Oct 25, 2013
    This is one of my favourite games! Great story, awesome gameplay... It´s just awesome! If you haven´t played this yet, you have missed a lot! SCORE: 10/10!
  77. Oct 31, 2013
    I played a lots of game in my life. It begins in the second part of the eighty's. I felt sick after a playing this game for a few hours. My neck start to ake and I had a strange feeling that I got to throw up. Never before and never again in my long history of playing I didn't experience such a thing.
    It is a mystery to me. Why???
    But the game is just amazing. I couldn't finish it
    because of those problems which I had. But if I could I surely would. Masterpiece. Expand
  78. Nov 8, 2013
    Supernatural, I have no other adjective to rate this game, sensational story, great gameplay, one of the greatest inspirations in current games and father of great games like Counter-Strike and Team Fortress
  79. Nov 10, 2013
    If I could describe this game in one word, there would be no words to even begin to give a definition of this game, because it took every aspect of what a good game should be and sprinkled just enough of each to make it such a Masterpiece of games, but there was one downside... AI, Valve hasn't really grasped the good AI programming they need to give this game 100/100, Although; it won't effect my score since it was just so damn Great. Expand
  80. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 8 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 9 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 10 out of 10
  81. Aug 8, 2014
    Yeah. This is a legend game. This game has amazing graphic for old game and very good story for role playing game. This game also has gravity gun, this gun is very helpful.
  82. Jul 25, 2014
    A brilliant game and an epic sequel to one of the best shooters of all time ,BUT I STILL CAN NOT BEAT THE GAME,each and every level is unique and cool.Some Players think it is one of the Most overrated game ever made,But to them i say this ,Call of duty is when of the most overrated game ever made.
  83. Jun 8, 2014
    This is my most favorite game ever, I just love it. It has an amazing gameplay, amazing story, I feel like I'm with them. I just love the feel of the desura-like civil control. Also, I recommend everyone to check out the Half-Life 2 beta content! Half-Life 2 beta (alpha) was incredible. The dark-evil like story, I just loved it. The industrial locations, this game has a deep background with it.
  84. Jun 19, 2014
    This game take you to a place you've never been before. One of the best game I've ever played, and i have played allot! Off course it's not 100% perfect, but not far from it. Just played through it today(2014). Still amazing! This game give you allot of different types of gameplay, and never gets boring, at least not for me. The story is also really good. Going back to other first-person shooter games after this is a bummer.
    Just play it, you'll know what i mean ;)
  85. Jun 21, 2014
    By far, the most amazing game I've ever played. The mix of intense FPS action and lateral thinking makes for one of the most fantastic video games to ever hit the shelves. Some of the most iconic video game locations in video game history spawned within Half Life 2. Such as the horrifying Ravenholm mission and the tranquil setting of Highway 17. The narrative sets the game out slowly and drip feeds you information about the elusive... G-man. A must buy for all FPS fans. 10/10. Expand
  86. Jun 22, 2014
    While I can't fathom to place this game higher than its predecessor, it still is an excellent game. The plot is strenghtened, the gameplay expanded and the new source engine? A marvel.
    We simply took what was good in the first game and increased its potential. I have stated Half-Life as the ancestor of FPSs; this is his rightful son.
    We now wish to have a sequel, but to maintain such a
    level of quality, the VALVe team sure must be stressed out.

I'm still impatient to know what VALVe has up its sleeve for us.
  87. Jul 15, 2014
    Awesome game with some humor, action, and awesome gameplay. Valve has done a fantastic job with Half-Life 2. It is a game that you will be talking about for years to come. Buy this game and make yourself super freakin' happy.
  88. Jul 22, 2014
    The best shooter and the best game ever made. Valve is one of the best video game companys and all of there games are top notch. This and team fortress 2 are there best games.
  89. Aug 1, 2014
    this game, oh this game. half life 2 changed the whole fps(and gaming) industry. why? ill tell you- it introduced source, the best engine at its time and one of the best today. physix were amazing, and most games use the same physix system. level design was amazing, the only other lv design that was as good as this was half life 1 and bioshock 1. storytelling at its finest. it doesnt tell u everything, you have to piece it up together, and the story is quite awesome. the guns are great, and it just doesnt let u get bored. 10/10 Expand
  90. Aug 5, 2014
    This is one of the best games every made. The best looking game in 2004. Really deep story. Excellent physics. Many good games such as Portal, L4D, CS, TF and G-Mod is based on this game. i r8 it 8/8 :^)
  91. Aug 14, 2014
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best games ever and maybe the best FPS of all time. The Great and interesting story, the great gameplay and the great level design made this game one of my favorites.
  92. Aug 21, 2014
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Expand