Half-Life 2 PC

9.2

1. Dec 19, 2012
    This is my favourite game series of all time. The story in this game makes you feel like you're actually the person you're playing with great physics, graphics and story telling.
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    This game is amazing! I still play it today! Can't wait for ep3!
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    To this day HL2 remains one of my favorite and most replayed games in my collection. The brilliance of this game has not been matched by any FPS adventure game to date. The visual storytelling execution was spot on and the game play experience is the best description of what gaming is all about.
  4. Jan 30, 2013
    Uns dos melhores FPS ja feito, quase tudo nesse jogo e otimo personagens,inimigos,armas,ambientção,fisica e puzzle,sim eu sei que demorou quase 5 anos para se desenvolver half-life 2, mas com certeza a espera valeu a pena!
  5. Feb 23, 2013
    That is why my computer to play the game. I'm grateful to uncover the phenomenon of gaming story. period and the legendary gameplay innovations brought to the game will remain a memorable one every time. crowbar crowbar crowbar
  6. Mar 22, 2013
    Half life 2 is truly the best single videogame I've ever played. Great graphics, physics, level design, plot, characters, weapons, difficulty, enemies, and overall gameplay experience I have had and probably will have for a long time. (Read: When HL3 comes out) And once you've finished the game, you can enjoy going back and finding all the subtle things you missed, or try out some of theHalf life 2 is truly the best single videogame I've ever played. Great graphics, physics, level design, plot, characters, weapons, difficulty, enemies, and overall gameplay experience I have had and probably will have for a long time. (Read: When HL3 comes out) And once you've finished the game, you can enjoy going back and finding all the subtle things you missed, or try out some of the community made mods for the game. You can get this game for $10 which is just about the best price vs. entertainment factor I've ever seen. Ever. Expand
  7. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    Graphics are stunning and the storyline keeps being as interesting as a well-written tv series. I personally got bored very soon by the hovercraft levels but that's just one subjective flaw among innumerable actual merits.
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    The powerful source engine combined with the awesome graphics of this first person shooter makes a great experience, while AI can be bad at times, and some chapters like Root Kanal and Water Hazard can be drawn out and get really boring. The game is overall, a great game that has interesting characters that you actually care about. And for 2004 standards, that's not so bad.
  9. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is truly amazing in every way. Great storytelling and great gameplay combine into one of, if not THE, best shooter of all time. I have found myself playing it multiple times, and still enjoying it just as much as the first time.
  10. Nov 14, 2013
    Though it did change the WAY we look at games in general, I have never been wowed by Half Life's gameplay. It gets an 8 from me standing on it's genre changing nature all by its own, but if you stood it up only on it's game play, I would probably give it a 6.
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    Just a perfect game of the legendary franchise. A golden example of FPS.Everything in this game is great- plot, gameplay, characters. Also can't forget the Zombie level, it was really interesting experience.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    There is only 4 games that I would give a 10/10 Half Life 2 is one of them. My favoraite mission is in Ravenholm. Very very jumpy from the zombies. The best thing about Half Life 2 is the Gravity gun and the voice acting. They are great. Th voice acting is great in my opinion. The best character has got to be DOG. It's in caps for a reason. DOG is amazing you can play fetch with him and IThere is only 4 games that I would give a 10/10 Half Life 2 is one of them. My favoraite mission is in Ravenholm. Very very jumpy from the zombies. The best thing about Half Life 2 is the Gravity gun and the voice acting. They are great. Th voice acting is great in my opinion. The best character has got to be DOG. It's in caps for a reason. DOG is amazing you can play fetch with him and I made him spaz out. I mean like I was not playing with DOG. I was playing with Alex. DOG was on the barrel and Alex was throwing rock at me. Funniest glitch ever! If you have never played this game I suggest you do. You are missing out on a lot.

Overall
    -Funny Glitches
    -Amazing voice acting
    -DOG
    -Gravity Gun
    Score 100/100
  13. Nov 18, 2013
    Half-Life 2. There is so much to say, and the true greatness of this game cannot be expressed in a simple review. After playing through this game, you look back and just want to play it again, to experience it all over again. Even today, Half-Life 2 still holds up in the 'looks' department, running on Valve's truly amazing Source engine. What makes Half-Life 2 so great, you might ask? WhatHalf-Life 2. There is so much to say, and the true greatness of this game cannot be expressed in a simple review. After playing through this game, you look back and just want to play it again, to experience it all over again. Even today, Half-Life 2 still holds up in the 'looks' department, running on Valve's truly amazing Source engine. What makes Half-Life 2 so great, you might ask? What makes this game from 2004 still one of the best games ever made? Let me indulge you.

As a preface to this review, I implore you to play the original Half-Life. Otherwise, this review may be a little confusing. Although playing Half-Life is not needed to understand Half-Life 2, it certainly helps in terms of the story line.

The game begins with a greeting from 'G-Man', a familiar face from the previous Half-Life games that can be seen wandering throughout Black Mesa in Half-Life. After G-Man ends his tidings, you awaken on a tram headed for 'City 17'.You have no idea why you are on the tram, or what you are doing, but you know that something is afoot. You are Gordon Freeman, a bearded scientist that used to work at Black Mesa as a physicist. This brings me to 'point one', of what makes this game truly great. Instead of being a burly super-human bullet sponge trooper with the 'generic rifle 9000' strapped to your back, you play a mute physicist. Yes, a mute physicist. This makes it a lot easier to get immersed into the game and feel like you are Gordon Freeman. This is enhanced by the fact that Freeman does not speak throughout the course of the game, allowing you, the player, to think what you wish and not be told what you are thinking by your character bursting out in song.

The story line of Half-Life 2 is a wonder to play. I won't spoil any of it for you, you'll have to experience it for yourself. A myriad of characters help Freeman on his way, fleshing out the world and making the places Freeman explores seem alive... or dead, as the case may be. Brilliant voice acting from all of the cast puts the cherry on the cake and does wonders to immerse you in the story of Gordon Freeman.

But what about gameplay? Surely gameplay is the most important thing in a GAME. Don't fret Half-Life 2's gameplay is some of the best in any game. Ever. Forget lousy 2 gun limits and boring AK-47s Freeman can carry a whole truckload of weapons and grenades; all tuned to fit in with the setting and the world. From the early pistol to the RPG and the combine weaponry, the guns in Half-Life 2 do not disappoint. The weapons feel good too they have a nice oomph to them and feel like they should as well as the animations being great across the board. Even by today's standards. And we're talking about a game that's almost 10 years old. But, it's not just guns. Oh no. Ohhhhh no. A bit into the game, you get the Gravity Gun the star of the show. With this beauty, you can lift and throw physics objects. This may seem boring at first, but wait until you pick up a buzzsaw and shoot it at that headcrab, splitting it in two. That feels awesome. But, it's not just a one-gun show. Throughout different levels, you get different, cool weapons to try. At one point, your Gravity Gun even becomes supercharged, letting you throw PEOPLE. Yes, you pick up enemies and throw them at each other.

What more can I say about this game? You owe it to yourself to play this if you haven't already. Log on to, or get Steam, and go buy it now. You'll thank me later. Trust me. This game is truly worthy of its legendary status in the hearts of many gamers. You don't even need a beast PC to play it either. As I said, 2004. You can run it. Trust me.

10/10. From the heart. One of the best games ever made.

"Wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up, and smell the ashes."
  14. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is one of those scarce ones that could survive the years to come. Hell, if the planet would be destroyed I want this piece of art to be saved along with couple of other great paintings, movies and books. If you haven't played Half-Life 2 yet, then go ahead, and don't get discouraged by the graphics, which are in my opinion still pretty good. This masterpiece provides much more.This game is one of those scarce ones that could survive the years to come. Hell, if the planet would be destroyed I want this piece of art to be saved along with couple of other great paintings, movies and books. If you haven't played Half-Life 2 yet, then go ahead, and don't get discouraged by the graphics, which are in my opinion still pretty good. This masterpiece provides much more. The Atmosphere, the story, the voice acting, the humor, environments, revolutionary gameplay, that many titles copy to this day. There is nothing else to say. Half-Life 2 is worth more than those 7 euro that it is now on Steam. Dont forget the DLCs, Happy shooting! Expand
  15. Nov 27, 2013
    If you have not played this game yet, you are missing out! This could probably be Valve's best game yet! But that's just my opinion. Now I have one more question, can we please have HL3 now? Please, Gabe?
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    This game is a legend at the time of 2004, she produced a blast, and not only in graphics, ease of management, charismatic characters, cool music and interesting oruzhiem.Kompaniya in this game is incredibly diverse, it has car chases, shootouts, horror, atmosphere humor, scale, coop with bots and of course G-man, maybe now on the background of modern games and you will not experienceThis game is a legend at the time of 2004, she produced a blast, and not only in graphics, ease of management, charismatic characters, cool music and interesting oruzhiem.Kompaniya in this game is incredibly diverse, it has car chases, shootouts, horror, atmosphere humor, scale, coop with bots and of course G-man, maybe now on the background of modern games and you will not experience

Это 2004-года 2004-ом
  17. Nov 30, 2013
    This is truly the best game i've ever played in my whole entire half life. *Pun* I can play it over and over again without getting bored. The storytelling, characters, music and physics is amazing and it's probably the best FPS of all time. (Including the Portal series)
  18. Dec 3, 2013
    Il miglior gioco che ho mai giocato trama fantastica,personaggi fantastici,gameplay vario e buono,molte armi molto fighe e non penso di aver trovato qualche errore
  19. Dec 16, 2013
    Half Life 2 is pure gaming high school at its best. Since the release of the first episode, Half Life put itself as a model of excellence for all other FPS (and not only FPS...). This second episode not only absolutely confirms the unique values of its predecessor, but also introduces new, incredible features to the first masterpiece. Incredible physics engine and physics puzzles aboveHalf Life 2 is pure gaming high school at its best. Since the release of the first episode, Half Life put itself as a model of excellence for all other FPS (and not only FPS...). This second episode not only absolutely confirms the unique values of its predecessor, but also introduces new, incredible features to the first masterpiece. Incredible physics engine and physics puzzles above all.

Any gamer that calls himself a gamer should play this artwork at least once. This is gaming history at its most glorious peaks. No one should miss it.
  20. Dec 23, 2013
    It's just amazing game. Physics looks really realistic and shooting system is great. My jaw has dropped after playing this for 30 minutes. Valve's done a great work. Graphics looks nice for 2004 and story is really addictive. I want to see next episode, Half-Life 3 or Half-Life 2: Episode Three. No words, the best game EVER.
  21. Jan 8, 2014
    Half life 2:
    +Amazing Graphics+
    +Nice Characters+
    +Nice Storyline+
    +Nice Weapons+
    +Great Enemies+
    +Strong AI+

Half life 2 is Awesome, still playing it!
  22. Mar 7, 2014
    This game is FPS at its best! No matter how many times you play it, youll either crap your pants or have your mind explode out of the sheer awesomeness of this g...you havnt lived yet.
  23. Mar 23, 2014
    Best single player game ever. 10 years later most of these scenes are still better looking than the newest games that come out in 2014, and it deserves an 11 for that. Graphics aren't just high definition textures and more polygons, they are also the context they are put into, proportion, and sound.
  24. Mar 26, 2014
    The game I have been waiting for my whole life. This is the way I like FPS genre, the gameplay of this game is just so smooth you will not believe what you see. The game has got everything you would need. When I first played it in 2004 I was amazed. I couldn't believe my eyes. The graphics and animations made the game look like a movie, everything seemed almost perfect. But then I got toThe game I have been waiting for my whole life. This is the way I like FPS genre, the gameplay of this game is just so smooth you will not believe what you see. The game has got everything you would need. When I first played it in 2004 I was amazed. I couldn't believe my eyes. The graphics and animations made the game look like a movie, everything seemed almost perfect. But then I got to experience the physics. The Source engine is really a brilliant piece of work, the way everything was moving and living really made my jaw drop. And with all these beautiful and functional graphics came an immensely intense gaming experience. Half-Life 2 focused more on the story side than its predecessor, almost every G-Man speech remained in your memory and made you really take a step back and think about all the things that happened already in the Half-Life universe. Amazing gameplay from the first game stayed and got even better because of all the new features brought by the new engine. The most anticipated game in my life did not disappoint me, this is a real must-play, which gives you no other choice in rating the game. 10/10 for my second most favourite game of all time. Expand
  25. May 10, 2014
    One word for this game: AMAZING! I never was a fan of the Half-Life series, but once i bought it along with it's episodes, i could NEVER stop playing this game until i finished them all! Half-Life 2 is a great FPS with puzzle physics, it has an amazing story and great character development within it. Now, HL2: Episode 1 Was a bit slow and less action packed then the first, but it does aOne word for this game: AMAZING! I never was a fan of the Half-Life series, but once i bought it along with it's episodes, i could NEVER stop playing this game until i finished them all! Half-Life 2 is a great FPS with puzzle physics, it has an amazing story and great character development within it. Now, HL2: Episode 1 Was a bit slow and less action packed then the first, but it does a great job at continuing the story and it's characters backgrounds. HL2: Episode 2 was "In my opinion" even better then both Episode 1 and HL2, it has AMAZING story telling, and character development, The ending is FANTASTIC to start up HL3 which i now understand is so needed by many gamers. This game and it's Episodes will knock your sock your socks off! Expand
  26. May 19, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. Since his lauching I'm waiting for a FPS game that can provides the same experience. It's an obligatory one. You HAVE to play it. And you will get very sad after finish it, because you'll have no other good game like this to fulfill the "void" hahaha
  27. Jun 5, 2014
    A really good video game. I am not really a fan of shooters, but I have to say this game really impressed me, I haven't finished it yet, but I was looking for the reviews and I decided to come, create an account and review it at this very moment. I have it with The Orange Box for Xbox 360. Good graphics, good Soundtrack, it actually fits with the environments of the game, a good AI, goodA really good video game. I am not really a fan of shooters, but I have to say this game really impressed me, I haven't finished it yet, but I was looking for the reviews and I decided to come, create an account and review it at this very moment. I have it with The Orange Box for Xbox 360. Good graphics, good Soundtrack, it actually fits with the environments of the game, a good AI, good story, characters and for that moment, really good and revolutionary physics. In my opinion a game that really deserves your time, and your money so... RECOMMENDED. Expand
  28. Jun 6, 2014
    half-life 2 = one of the best games if not the best one i have played, with its outstanding graphics (released in 2004 so do not expect bf4 type stuff) and story this game already gets a good review but it goes even further and better, the atmosphere of the world really gets a glimpse about the alien invasion and the cities last stand, people are depresed and sad about their loss and nowhalf-life 2 = one of the best games if not the best one i have played, with its outstanding graphics (released in 2004 so do not expect bf4 type stuff) and story this game already gets a good review but it goes even further and better, the atmosphere of the world really gets a glimpse about the alien invasion and the cities last stand, people are depresed and sad about their loss and now live in a horrible place, the combat feels free (at the time) you can grab everything you like and can and throw it at enemies and even react to it and get distracted (if you throw it at the right one) and the thing that i like more above all is the characters there is only one word i can describe them........alive, well maybe two.......alive and kicking
    this game gets my 2nd place in my favorite games of all time easily
    10/10-my crowbar approves :)
  29. Jun 28, 2015
    The standard for first person shooters
    Hype can ruin your experience with a game. The higher the hype, the higher the expectations, and rarely does anything live up to it’s hype. Half-Life 2 however, does. Half- Life 2 is a near perfect first person shooter with star wars level of innovation. I didn’t really understand what was going on in the game and why it was going
    The standard for first person shooters
    Hype can ruin your experience with a game.
    Half-Life 2 however, does.
    I didn’t really understand what was going on in the game and why it was going on.
    The story and its characters couldn’t keep my attention at all, everything pertaining to the story seemed so generic to me, luckily though the gameplay is good enough on its own to take you through the 10 plus hour journey.
    Half-Life 2 is a very linear game, but at the same time every section of the game feels connected, it feels open world… you hardly ever feel like you are bread crumbed to the finish.. When you find passages you feel like it was your work, when really the game cleverly got you there with its carefully constructed design.
    The pacing is nearly perfect
    you’re slowly hand fed new weapons..
    you’ll get to a point in the game where you’re introduced to a new weapon and then instantly have to use it for what its intended for, this is a perfect way to get you accustomed to and comfortable with everything at your disposal and prevent you from wasting unnecessary ammo.
    There wasn’t one weapon or item given that I wasn’t thankful for or that I didn’t find useful.
    This is great considering you’ll find yourself in some spots out of a particular set of ammo.
    The game play is also varied, so you’re not quite sure what to expect.
    Some games find a formula and stick to it.
    Half Life 2 doesn’t do this
    one minute you’re playing a stealth shooter, the next moment you’re playing call of duty style taking out troops, and 2 hours later you’re cruising through the world with vehicle based combat only to end up at a horror game style section
    This variation keeps the game from ever feeling like a grind, but at the same time the stress is kept at a near maximum.
    You won’t find too much challenge outside of the final few chapters, but the constant feeling of survival mode will definitely have you stepping away for a few hours or days.
    I now understand why everyone wants half-life 3 so bad.
    I loved climbing through every hole not knowing who or what would meet me on the other side.
    Half-Life 2 is a must play for gamers to experience the magic every developer has been chasing since 2004
    For what it is
    First person shooter – 9.5/10
    Overall: 9.5/10
  30. Feb 26, 2015
    After all these years, HL2 feels and still plays as an excellent game. I replay this game once or twice a year ever since its release. Great storytelling, voice acting and physics.
  31. Sep 23, 2011
    Will be the best FPS you will ever play, Valve is a company that knows how to make an amazing story, and great game play and voice acting. A 10 can't even do justice to this game. Truly the best PC game of all time. deserves a 100, some critics are stupid.
  32. Aug 23, 2012
    There isn't much to add, its almost a perfect game! Only music is a little bit weak. Hopefully Half-Life 3 score will be much better. All other great games have great memorable music.
  33. Mar 16, 2016
    dfjsal;kfdsalfjdlsajfldsakj fd;lasjfl;dsajf ewuqroepwqire;wqrewqreqwrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewfdkjslfjdsa;lkfjdslkafjdsajlkfaj;lkfdjfdasjflkads;jfkadjfdajlkfdsafdasafdfdafddfafdadffda
  34. Nov 3, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best FPS games, but i just liked HL1 (Half-Life 1) much more. I really miss Xen in HL 2, i know its because of story, but i really hoped on revisiting that weird dimension. I think that original half-life had more enemy types and more interesting weapons. On the other hand, the story and characters are some of the best. The only reason i do not give it 10 isHalf-Life 2 is one of the best FPS games, but i just liked HL1 (Half-Life 1) much more. I really miss Xen in HL 2, i know its because of story, but i really hoped on revisiting that weird dimension. I think that original half-life had more enemy types and more interesting weapons. On the other hand, the story and characters are some of the best. The only reason i do not give it 10 is because of parts where you drive vehicle (some of the worst driving experience i ever seen). Expand
  35. DanL.
    May 16, 2006
    The game had great graphics and well the play of it n stuff was brilliant.
  36. Jul 29, 2012
    Exellent Game and one of my alltime Favorites. A Milestone in the Gaming History, well worth to Buy. This is probably the best sequel to any PC Game there ever was +10!
  37. Nov 12, 2012
    What i like the most about it its that it doesn't feel any linear, you get so into it that it really feels like it flows, i say it stays at the top even if it is almost 9 years old O.O holy crap! yes, its that good, that's the thing that hooks me the most, its pace, it really is a MASTERPIECE and you should definitively try if you haven't, get the orange box, one of the sweetest deals thatWhat i like the most about it its that it doesn't feel any linear, you get so into it that it really feels like it flows, i say it stays at the top even if it is almost 9 years old O.O holy crap! yes, its that good, that's the thing that hooks me the most, its pace, it really is a MASTERPIECE and you should definitively try if you haven't, get the orange box, one of the sweetest deals that you can have Expand
  38. Jan 6, 2013
    Definitely the best FPS game I have ever played! The gameplay is very fun, the story never gets boring and the graphics are AMAZING for a 2004 game! It is much better than call of stupid duty and horrible halo! It is also a steal for just £6.99 on steam so be sure to get it!
  39. Jan 16, 2013
    Half-Life 2 review

Story
  40. Mar 3, 2013
    This game is genius, the graphics and gameplay have stood the test of time and every single inch of the game has had massive attention paid to it. How anyone can say this is a bad game is under age of 16 or they have a terrible choice in games.
  41. Mar 24, 2014
    This is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Just amazing. Incredible story and playability. No critics to this game at all. A masterpiece.
  42. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow, was amazed. The first game I played was the first half life, and it was amazing, accept the old graphics. Half life 2 was even more amazing, the combination of the action and the puzzles were awesome, I have played many modern first person shooter games, but even if it's 10 years old, this is the best. And about the graphics, you can always play cinematic mod.
  43. Mar 6, 2014

Atmosphere 10
    Length 10

Half life 2 is Awesome
  44. Mar 31, 2014
    for a 2004 game, no wonder this game got high scores. very good graphics and gameplay. storyline, very good but half-life 1 is better i think. love alyx though, charming but why cant i carry her when shes down in episode 2? gordon is her to be partner right? no more to talk. this is a very good game. still play it alongside with other new crappy fps games (cods, farcrys, crysis, etc), nofor a 2004 game, no wonder this game got high scores. very good graphics and gameplay. storyline, very good but half-life 1 is better i think. love alyx though, charming but why cant i carry her when shes down in episode 2? gordon is her to be partner right? no more to talk. this is a very good game. still play it alongside with other new crappy fps games (cods, farcrys, crysis, etc), no offence though. however, it is the biggest shame of the century though that they dont continue the half life franchise ~i dunno if they do, still waiting :) come on valve, u guys are like albert einstein in the gaming world, dont stop developing E=mc2 formulas or we wont have any nuclear warheads. if you guys publish the long-waited continuance of half-life franchise, i swear ill buy the original copy of the game, no more jack sparrow dvds or torrents. take your time, but not your fans patience

*my rating here is for half life 2 and its episodes games including the orange box. good job valve!
  45. Apr 22, 2014
    There was something very incredible about the original Half-Life. It was ground breaking for its time because it was the first game I played that really felt alive. Half-Life 2 is a step back in some ways. While it continues the same classic formula of run and gun rail shooter, it however goes back in several areas.
    While it has more of a storyline than Half-Life, its just not very
    While it has more of a storyline than Half-Life, its just not very interesting. The combine are perhaps the most bland enemy I've ever seen, the key problem is they are unmemorable. Like a weaker version of the Strogg (from Quake).

While it has the best physics (which makes sense as you are Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist). The game took a nose dive into a completely different locale. The claustrophobia of underground research facility is gone, and some classic aliens don't make a come back (bullsquid/hound eye)... and Vortiguants are friendly -_-

The game also noticeably lacks difficulty, even on hard the game is perhaps the easiest I've ever played.
    Less explosive barrels - Half-Life 1 had a perfect balance. Every time I saw a barrel in Half-Life 2 I knew someone was going to either go near it or hide behind it. Less health kits, once again HL1 had a perfect balance.. here I always find 2-3 to many. Those unlimited ammo/grenade supply crates where so unnecessary.

The mediocre AI.. I want the AI to find ways to circle around me and trap me in corners, flush me out with grenades. The airboat portion in Half-Life 2 was dragged on far too long. In between each section you kill a few easy metro cops and then on you go... like some sort of tech demo.

+Gameplay is fun, and level design is logical
    +Ergonomically designed, so you can play the whole in one sitting
    +Characerisation
    +Very long
    +Ravenholm

-Easy game, even on Hard
    -Bland enemy design for the combine
    -Unmemorable music
    -Mediocre AI

-Physics puzzles brought FPS a interesting twist, but I thought that they really didn't do anything substantial to move the genre forward. Instead it feels like a technical achievement rather than the merging of FPS gameplay and physics in some meaningful way. Using the physics gun to launch objects at enemies is about as far as it goes in this regard. I think future games to come end up achieving something like this more so.

-Why does Gordon have to be a silent protagonist? I feel like it's more a crutch on the story.
  46. Sep 13, 2014
    Half Life is the birth of real FPS.
    If you were around when it came out, no matter how many years have passed, Half Life will always be top of your list in gaming masterpieces.
  47. Feb 25, 2015
    This is simply the best game ever made. 10 years after release, and no other game has surpassed it yet. The atmosphere, characters and Source engine were all, putting it mildly, revolutionary at the time. They all still hold up well today. Not to mention it CHANGED THE GAMING INDUSTRY, even more so than Half-Life 1 did. Think about it. Without HL2, Steam would probably be dead, in whichThis is simply the best game ever made. 10 years after release, and no other game has surpassed it yet. The atmosphere, characters and Source engine were all, putting it mildly, revolutionary at the time. They all still hold up well today. Not to mention it CHANGED THE GAMING INDUSTRY, even more so than Half-Life 1 did. Think about it. Without HL2, Steam would probably be dead, in which case thousands of indie games would've never been made, let alone gain as much popularity, forcing all those indie developers to stop making games. Without HL2, Valve probably wouldn't have made their other masterpieces (Portal, TF2, L4D, etc.) Without HL2, and its amazing mod support, we wouldn't have gotten the best modding community ever in gaming.
    There are too many good things to say about Half-Life 2, so I'll make a long review short:
    Buy it. Buy it now. Just make sure you play Half-Life 1 beforehand obviously.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Quite outdated now but back in its time,it was a fantastic fps,a thrilling story,great dialogue and easy to master gunplay.

It spawned a huge following and hopefully we will get a sequel sometime in the near future.
  49. OmarM.
    May 9, 2006
    Es un juego perfecto, con gráficas increobles, la única mala noticia es que es algo corto en comparación con hl uno, veremos que continua en la historia con hl episode 1.
  50. Jan 2, 2016
    To get things straight, Half-Life 2 more of a 9.9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, graphics, physics, characters, game play, etc... Quite ground breaking, so close to perfect. But one TEENY tiny problem I had with the game, and the series as a whole, is that it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were doneTo get things straight, Half-Life 2 more of a 9.9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, graphics, physics, characters, game play, etc... Quite ground breaking, so close to perfect. But one TEENY tiny problem I had with the game, and the series as a whole, is that it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were done playing it, you'd never want to go back and play it again... Ravenholm was so damn freaky, and all the environments was so bleak that you almost got the sense that you were stuck in a world that was no longer worth fighting for. Expand
  51. CraigS.
    May 9, 2005
    Took over an hour to install Steam and the Game even with broadband. Runs fine and looks amazing. Load times ruin immersion factor - these were a shock considering the pre-cached insta-loads from the original HL. Game play is almost too easy - on normal diffiuculy, I've died twice! AI not too challenging. While the game is entertaining, and the physicis are sweet, there is little in Took over an hour to install Steam and the Game even with broadband. Runs fine and looks amazing. Load times ruin immersion factor - these were a shock considering the pre-cached insta-loads from the original HL. Game play is almost too easy - on normal diffiuculy, I've died twice! AI not too challenging. While the game is entertaining, and the physicis are sweet, there is little in the gameplay that we haven't seen in NOLF or even thr original Halo. Gameplay and movement are very similar to the original - No real awe-inspiring moments, like the first time I left the ship in Unreal to see an open valley and waterfall, or the Normandy beach landing in MOA. This is a good game, but I think it's somewhat over-rated. I expected more after 7 years development. Expand
  52. AnthonyN.
    May 12, 2006
    Really good game!
  53. TravisM.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Amazing. Nice smooth graphics, but nothing shader-bulky like Doom III. Great engine to create modifications with. Only about eight huors of gameplay to the beginner, but the modifications such as Counter Strike Source that come with it and the many more avaliable online make it a must. The physics are very reactive and fun, as seen in the popular expantion Garry's Mod.
  54. Kevin
    Jan 2, 2007
    Somehow this game looks amazing and runs smoothly on a relatively slow computer. Comperable games won't even run on my system.
  55. TeodorIkonomov
    Jul 17, 2008
    The Best Game Ever
  56. LukeM.
    Dec 25, 2008
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  57. Tyler
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yo bitches.The Combines are all owning the humans on the earth. and then Gordon Freeman comes in like IMA USIN MAH CROWBAR!!! and he kils all the combine with it. and then they go to a prison, and the rebels get owned but he gets the black guy and hot chick out. then they have to fight through some city t oa giant tower in the middle. and then the STRYDERS come and hes all like IMA FIRIN Yo bitches.The Combines are all owning the humans on the earth. and then Gordon Freeman comes in like IMA USIN MAH CROWBAR!!! and he kils all the combine with it. and then they go to a prison, and the rebels get owned but he gets the black guy and hot chick out. then they have to fight through some city t oa giant tower in the middle. and then the STRYDERS come and hes all like IMA FIRIN MAH ROCKETS and he kills all of the Stryders. and he gets to the big tower and the old white guy captures him. but he escapes and this is the most coolest part. where the tower blows the hell up like ZapplE DapplE DooM!!!!!!! And thats it. Expand
  58. ChristianB
    May 26, 2009
    AWSOME game valves bet game yet i love how it jumps from walking on a bridge peacefully to having a whole bunch of cops and zombies after you. its the best game ever. out of growing plants and sims and all that junk. I give it a ten because who could beat hl2, name one game better exept other HL games.
  59. Oct 3, 2010
    .....................Still the only game in history (yet) worthy of a 10................................. Bravo Valve...................................
  60. Oct 8, 2010
    I've played through this game ten times by now. Every time I do, it's like the first time all over again. The gravity gun makes some of the greatest kills you can have (especially in Ravenholm.) Its graphics are still very impressive when compared to modern games (except Crysis.) Great story, better than solid gameplay, great graphics, and the coolest weapon ever created ever. If it wasI've played through this game ten times by now. Every time I do, it's like the first time all over again. The gravity gun makes some of the greatest kills you can have (especially in Ravenholm.) Its graphics are still very impressive when compared to modern games (except Crysis.) Great story, better than solid gameplay, great graphics, and the coolest weapon ever created ever. If it was possible, I would sleep with this game all day, every day. Expand
  61. Oct 9, 2010
    Think about your favorite FPS. Now look at this game. Half Life 2 is seriously, no joke, one of the best games ever created. The story is a masterpiece, showing you a world held hostage by the powerful Combine, an alien race who came to Earth after the events of the first game and all but enslaved us. Remember the physics of the first game? Half Life 2 has cranked those up to 11, withThink about your favorite FPS. Now look at this game. Half Life 2 is seriously, no joke, one of the best games ever created. The story is a masterpiece, showing you a world held hostage by the powerful Combine, an alien race who came to Earth after the events of the first game and all but enslaved us. Remember the physics of the first game? Half Life 2 has cranked those up to 11, with beautiful flames that will have you standing by fires and realistic crows that take off when you approach. And then there's the combat. Like the first game, it is executed perfectly, but I noticed that many of the guns are almost exactly the same. You get the standard pistol, the crowbar, the shotgun, the smg, the rpg, the grenades, and the crossbow. The only weapons that seemed new were the assault rifle and the gravity gun. Oh man, the gravity gun. I could write an entire review just about that, how you can pick up and push items, solve puzzles, etc. Throughout the game you'll visit a number of locales, from the Antlion-infested beaches to the city of Ravenholm, which is positively crawling with zombies. If you like to play video games, then you must play Half Life 2. Expand
  62. Oct 18, 2010
    Simply incredible. Half-Life 2 throws you out into action and never lets back. Graphics, physics and character animations are absolutely incredible for a game that was released in 2009.
    This game being released in 2004 just makes that even more unbelievable.
  63. Aug 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can still remember playing through the first Half-Life game and it's expanionpacks, so I bought this game without reading any reviews or such. It started good but to me it seemed that they took away the dark and gritty parts from the first game and replaced it with a much brigther version. Some of the Aliens will now actually help you and humans make up for the biggest part of enemies you'll encounter throughout the game. The graphics were good and the physics aswell, but it still didn't manage to replace the feeling one got when you played through the first one of the series. There is a story but it's weak and not very special, I actually had to play through it twice to even see that there was one. But what's also so great with Half-Life 2 is the modability and I've played the mods more than I've played the actual game itself. Expand
  64. May 22, 2012
    Perfect game for its time. I've played it many many many many many many many many times through. I still play it from time to time years later. No game like it. Deserves the top of the list and can't wait for the next one. Thanks for an amazing game valve.
  65. May 24, 2012
    Best game ever at time of release. It pushed the limits of creativity, story telling, engine, physics, action thrills, etc. Since then, a few games I have played have exceeded in one of those categories but not everyone.
  66. May 24, 2012
    Half-life 2 a true awesome and fun game especially the gravity gun, i don't know why people say i has bad graphics for today standards, Source engine it's one of the most optimized game engine, to all that people i want to say, you can play Half-Life 2 on almost every computer nowadays even with integrated graphics, but you cant play other games like crysis or any other game that requireHalf-life 2 a true awesome and fun game especially the gravity gun, i don't know why people say i has bad graphics for today standards, Source engine it's one of the most optimized game engine, to all that people i want to say, you can play Half-Life 2 on almost every computer nowadays even with integrated graphics, but you cant play other games like crysis or any other game that require more resources from your PC, for crysis you need a decent powerful PC but you dont need that much power to play Half-Life 2.
    I loved Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2 and episodes. If Valve don't want to release Episode 3 on 2012, well i guess they want to go slow but carefully.
  67. May 27, 2012
    The people who rate this negative are attention whores. They are either trying to garner attention to make a statement or they are losers who are impossible to please.
  68. May 31, 2012
    An incredible and rare stroke of genius for the first person shooter genre. Featuring an incredible sense of isolation, perfected storytelling and pacing, wonderful and memorable characters, and exhilarating set piece moments that stay with you for years, Half Life 2 stands triumphant at the pinnacle of the genre as the perfected first person shooter.
  69. Jun 1, 2012
    The greatest FPS ever realesed: the storry is wholly engrossing, the gameplay is everything from frantic and exhilerating to quiet and terrifying. The only flaw I can give it is that it doesn't have the best graphics compared to modern games, but since it was released eight years ago, it actually has incredibly good graphics for its time.

Pretty much the perfect FPS, really can't think of

Pretty much the perfect FPS, really can't think of a better one.
  70. Jun 2, 2012
    I rarely see a game with such an engaging narrative and storyline. This is my all-time favourite FPS. Even after more than 8 years since its release, Half-Life 2 has everything an outstanding game has. The graphics are still awesome, the physics are realistic, the action is nearly unstoppable and it never gets monotonous. Every time I go through the levels I have an amazing dose of fun!I rarely see a game with such an engaging narrative and storyline. This is my all-time favourite FPS. Even after more than 8 years since its release, Half-Life 2 has everything an outstanding game has. The graphics are still awesome, the physics are realistic, the action is nearly unstoppable and it never gets monotonous. Every time I go through the levels I have an amazing dose of fun! Every aspect in this game seems to have been carefully thought in a way that the player will always feel engaged in the action packed shoot outs - the developers truly made a masterpiece. Expand
  71. Jul 3, 2012
    This is the greatest game of all time. period. When I first played it it reminded me of the magical feeling of when I first had sex, or when I first feel in love... its that **** good! And even years and years later, I decided to play it again,.. and I was pulled into it just like the first time; I played it all the way through, and completed episodes 1 and 2,.. and loved the wholeThis is the greatest game of all time. period. When I first played it it reminded me of the magical feeling of when I first had sex, or when I first feel in love... its that **** good! And even years and years later, I decided to play it again,.. and I was pulled into it just like the first time; I played it all the way through, and completed episodes 1 and 2,.. and loved the whole expierience just like the first time! FPS games that have consistant negative reveiws have only to look at what this game does. Do what this company does!, and listen to the gamers!.. its pretty simple what are demands are.. We want fun gameplay, We want a great story that makes sense. We want a great sound track and sound effects. We want good dialog!!!! (I cant count how many times I've played a game and heard the cheesiest voice acting or stupid ass dialog and wanted to throw the game out the window... This game should be the example of how voice acting and dialog should be. PERIOD. even though game developers know what we want... we still get Sh*t like max payne 3 and the new deus ex... I feel like the video game world is coming to an end and there is only one light left in the distance: VALVE @ Half-Life 3. Deliver us from **** games Valve,.. bring us Half-Life 3!!! Expand
  72. Jul 8, 2012
    There are some people who would argue that this is the best game of all time. I can't really argue with that. But it's up to everyone to decide if it's their favorite. I say, top 5
  73. Jul 11, 2012
    HOLY **** THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVER not kidding, the graphics are not great but so what with the amazing story line and challenging puzzles half life 2 is up in my favorites in steam lets also talk about the hammer editor great editor too but yes there are always flaws (the game ) one is sometimes you commit suicide by alyx or barney bumping you the rocket is a bit under powered andHOLY **** THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVER not kidding, the graphics are not great but so what with the amazing story line and challenging puzzles half life 2 is up in my favorites in steam lets also talk about the hammer editor great editor too but yes there are always flaws (the game ) one is sometimes you commit suicide by alyx or barney bumping you the rocket is a bit under powered and the poison zombies are a bit headless is what im thinking but except all of that best game ever ( not episode 1 or 2 they are great but not half life 2 great) Expand
  74. Jul 18, 2012
    All I can say is: Wow. Never in a game have I seen such unique storytelling, unique artstyle, and unique gameplay. The gameplay is excellent. The physics engine Source and the gravity gun are extremely fun to play with, the level design is spot on, the puzzles are consistent yet refreshing, the vehicle sections are a blast, and the shooting mechanics are solid. There wasn't a moment whereAll I can say is: Wow. Never in a game have I seen such unique storytelling, unique artstyle, and unique gameplay. The gameplay is excellent. The physics engine Source and the gravity gun are extremely fun to play with, the level design is spot on, the puzzles are consistent yet refreshing, the vehicle sections are a blast, and the shooting mechanics are solid. There wasn't a moment where things seemed repetitive or bland. The story, all viewed by speechless Gordon Freeman, the protagonist, is great. It is about Gordon Freeman's escape in City 17 where civilians are captured by the Combine (alien empire-type baddies) and areas are scattered with Headcrab zombies. He has a great female companion named Alex Vance who accompanies you in the adventure. Overall the story is brilliantly executed and is pretty damn awesome. There isn't any multiplayer, but this is a SP experience, and it is one of the best of its kind. Get this game as soon as you can (lol its been 8 years) because I kid you not it is one of the best FPS games you will ever come across. Expand
  75. Jul 20, 2012
    The best game ever made ? Seriously look at the gameplay, dialogs and other tips... This game is epic! The history is clever and easy to understand, and it offers a lot of happy hours in front of your screen. Graphicly, the source engine is very nice and can be changed by download some HD textures packs... So, i just want to thank Valve for this amazing work!!!
  76. Aug 16, 2012
    Incredible FPS Action game, out of the hundreds of single player games i have played this one really touched me in story, gameplay and graphical ways. This game is very good for anyone who enjoys playing fps, story or adventure games. You might think Half Life 2 is a little outdated but believe me it is still one of the best games I have played up to today. Playback on this game is reallyIncredible FPS Action game, out of the hundreds of single player games i have played this one really touched me in story, gameplay and graphical ways. This game is very good for anyone who enjoys playing fps, story or adventure games. You might think Half Life 2 is a little outdated but believe me it is still one of the best games I have played up to today. Playback on this game is really good too, I have played this game over 4 times now trying out different difficulty modes, getting achievements and exploring the fairly big world. You will find it very detailed and a regular play through will take an average person 14-20 hours. Half Life 2 is worth every penny and is a great addition to any gamer's library. Expand
  77. Aug 17, 2012
    With It's outstanding story, fancy graphics and a fast paced, fun gameplay, Half Life 2 easily is a masterpiece. Graphically/visually is so realistic that the game comes to life, because of the impressive Source Engine. And the long, enjoyable story is remarkable. From these words, this game is perfect. 100 out of 100
  78. Sep 25, 2012
    A brilliant game and an epic sequel to one of the best shooters of all time - making it also one of the best shooters of all time. I could elaborate more but instead I think I'll just say you REALLY have to play it if you haven't already and if you have played it you know it's the best!!
  79. Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think that this is the greatest PC game of all time, though that doesn't mean I hate it, I still think it's great. Everything about is great, the controls, story, voice acting, settings and game play. A must have.
  80. Oct 6, 2012
    The game is really fun. The graphics are nice, the gravity gun is very cool, the story is nicely told but generally quite a mess. It is a first-person shooter with nice dialogs (or rather monologs, you see, Gordon is obviously mutant), movement freedom and many physics. Nothing less, nothing more.
  81. Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing follow up to a great game. Amazing physics and graphics at the time as well as an enthralling story make this a must for any PC gamer looking for a quality SP experience.
  82. Nov 16, 2012
    How people can even dislike this? I will be short: "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman." Half. Life. Two. One of the best game ever made. A perfect sequel, a perfect game.
  83. Nov 24, 2012
    I can't believe this game is 8 years old, even revisiting it after all this years it's still a blast.The fact it has held up this long is a tribute to how far ahead of the generic shooters out at the time that it was. The Half-Life series is an absolute joy.
  84. Nov 25, 2012
    Quite possibly the greatest FPS of all time. There is almost nothing in this game that is bad. I love how the game puts you in control of the character and never says "I'm gonna take away your power, a cutscene has appeared." There are no cutscenes. The level designs are detailed, the Source engine is fantastic, the main characters are memorable, the Headcrabs will make you nervous, andQuite possibly the greatest FPS of all time. There is almost nothing in this game that is bad. I love how the game puts you in control of the character and never says "I'm gonna take away your power, a cutscene has appeared." There are no cutscenes. The level designs are detailed, the Source engine is fantastic, the main characters are memorable, the Headcrabs will make you nervous, and the plotline will make you want to keep on going right to the very end. The only real problem? Valve, apparently, isn't very good at giving us information on a Half-life 3. If you get this game, expect a wait for the next one. And trust me, you'll really want another Half-life. Expand
  85. Dec 1, 2012
    This is the game of all games it is a FPS but is not really a FPS is more like a journey a road movie.... or road game into what was possible to make in 2004. It is to me the most beautiful game I have ever played or will play. The story line is TOP, game play is the best, Graphics is just a dream it is more like a vision of one man.

When I play half life 2 you are on a journey where u

When I play half life 2 you are on a journey where u discover is not so much of shooting you are in a journey. So next time try to play it as a discovery look, learn, and watch. No Mather how many times you play this game u will always find something new.
  86. Dec 13, 2012
    This is an excellent shooter with a good storyline, characters, and environment. The game starts out a bit slow, but it does a good job of pacing and building up to the big action. The physics in the game are fun and make for some interesting possibilities which were impressive when it was released. The episodes do a good job of building on the story and offering some improvements withoutThis is an excellent shooter with a good storyline, characters, and environment. The game starts out a bit slow, but it does a good job of pacing and building up to the big action. The physics in the game are fun and make for some interesting possibilities which were impressive when it was released. The episodes do a good job of building on the story and offering some improvements without changing what makes the game good. Personally I found it very refreshing to have a female character/sidekick with an actual personality and skills, rather than someone who was just there to be a tough dude with boobs. Expand
  87. Dec 15, 2012
    This game combines the genres of strategy and shooting. We focus on Gordon Freeman explains that although the alleged "deal" he made with Gman. Well in this game you have to solve puzzles while killing the soldiers of the alliance. Good story even better to Half life 1 and the best part is when you make your rebellion with civilians. If I win in VGA "game of the decade"
  88. Dec 17, 2012
    To today's standards, Half-Life 2 is just a regular game. When it came out, it was just amazing. It was the best example of physics, puzzle game play, and story telling. That's why it's rated way up there. It was a first, a specialty. But what about now, how does it hold up to modern games? The story-line. It holds by it's story-line. If you are going to play HL2 right now, focus on theTo today's standards, Half-Life 2 is just a regular game. When it came out, it was just amazing. It was the best example of physics, puzzle game play, and story telling. That's why it's rated way up there. It was a first, a specialty. But what about now, how does it hold up to modern games? The story-line. It holds by it's story-line. If you are going to play HL2 right now, focus on the story-line. It's very well directed. Expand
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    Half-Life 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. There's nothing else like it. By today's standards it may seem slightly cliche', but Half-Life 2 was the most ground-breaking game of the decade, it innovated and created the standards that newer games have since followed. I've played through it 5 times, each as enjoyable as the last. It's not just a game, it's a legacy. The sourceHalf-Life 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. There's nothing else like it. By today's standards it may seem slightly cliche', but Half-Life 2 was the most ground-breaking game of the decade, it innovated and created the standards that newer games have since followed. I've played through it 5 times, each as enjoyable as the last. It's not just a game, it's a legacy. The source engine has branched off in so many amazing new areas following Half-Life 2. The modding community is like no other. Really, I just love it and everything about it. Expand
  90. Jan 8, 2013
    Best game of the decade, hands down. The Source engine rivals most games today graphics wise, and yet it was released back in 2004, more than 8 years ago. Amazing. It's not just it's amazing engine, it's also the gameplay as well as the subtle story that makes this game what it is. Half-Life is probably the best known video game franchise ever, spawning loads of spin-offs and mods to makeBest game of the decade, hands down. The Source engine rivals most games today graphics wise, and yet it was released back in 2004, more than 8 years ago. Amazing. It's not just it's amazing engine, it's also the gameplay as well as the subtle story that makes this game what it is. Half-Life is probably the best known video game franchise ever, spawning loads of spin-offs and mods to make Valve loads of money. Expand
  91. Jan 8, 2013
    A game must be fun ,entertaining, have good visuals (not good graphics) and get your attention with the storyline. and Half-Life 2 is one of the most impressive games of all time, because it has all of this.
  92. Jan 9, 2013
    Best shooter ever, best computer game ever, best physics in games ever, best game ever, it is possible not to love science fiction, it is possible not to love shooters, but not to love this game it is impossible.
  93. Jan 10, 2013
    this is the best game i have ever played awesome graphics,awesome voice acting,awesome gameplay and story it is a must for you to play this game and you will addict to this game,best pc game ever made
    it really deserves 50 game of the year awards
  94. Feb 6, 2013
    One of the best games in gaming history and the best FPS game ever. Puzzles, shooting elements, characters, and of course, Valve quality.
  95. Feb 12, 2013
    Excelente game, Half-Life pode ser considerado o melhor jogo que já existiu Gabe Newel pode ser considerado uma das mentes mais brilhantes que existiu a prova que gráficos não significa qualidade!
  96. Feb 19, 2013
    It's like a science-fiction 007 movie set in a 1984-esque world. Your first playthrough will blow you away, so cherish it and kick the difficulty up to Expert.

Probably the best game ever made.
  97. Feb 20, 2013
    Half Life was pretty good. But it's far from Half Life 2. The campaign for Half Life 2 is easily one of, if not the, best I have ever played. The first time I played the game. I hated the first two chapters. But I have since grown to love the whole game. Even after beating the game, it is still great fun to play. The graphics, for 2004 were amazing, and the game still looks pretty goodHalf Life was pretty good. But it's far from Half Life 2. The campaign for Half Life 2 is easily one of, if not the, best I have ever played. The first time I played the game. I hated the first two chapters. But I have since grown to love the whole game. Even after beating the game, it is still great fun to play. The graphics, for 2004 were amazing, and the game still looks pretty good now. The puzzles are a tad repetitive sometimes, but the action and storyline make up for it. Another issue is the multiplayer. You have to pay for it seperately, although it is also great fun if you do Expand
  98. Mar 5, 2013
    Finished it a couple of months ago, it is definitely a classic. Fun and interesting setting. Gameplay and pace are really good Only shooters that can surpass it borrow a lot from it and came out years later.
  99. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is the best FPS I've ever seen. No, absolutely not exaggerating. Even if one does not fire the story of the game from start to finish, the action in place, beats the feeling satiated. Valve until it's going to be the best.
  100. Mar 16, 2013
    This is a darn near perfect game. A bit gruesome for my tastes but very well written and genuinely gripping. At times I find my self truly startled by the game. The combat mechanics are stellar. The puzzles take thought but are not overly difficult to figure out. The animated scenes that play the role of the "cut scene" are not true cut scenes as you stay 100% involved and able to actThis is a darn near perfect game. A bit gruesome for my tastes but very well written and genuinely gripping. At times I find my self truly startled by the game. The combat mechanics are stellar. The puzzles take thought but are not overly difficult to figure out. The animated scenes that play the role of the "cut scene" are not true cut scenes as you stay 100% involved and able to act as the NPCs talk to you and the story plays out. The only real downside is the lack of a voice for Gordon Freeman the silent protagonist AGAIN but that is pretty minor. The graphics turned up to max look incredible given the 2004 release date and run very smoothly. Check points are liberal enough to not have to curse yourself and replay something difficult if you blow it. Valve has an incredible IP and I only hope that eventually there will be a half-life 3. Expand

3. Playboy