9.2

1. Aug 1, 2014
    this game, oh this game. half life 2 changed the whole fps(and gaming) industry. why? ill tell you- it introduced source, the best engine at its time and one of the best today. physix were amazing, and most games use the same physix system. level design was amazing, the only other lv design that was as good as this was half life 1 and bioshock 1. storytelling at its finest. it doesnt tell u everything, you have to piece it up together, and the story is quite awesome. the guns are great, and it just doesnt let u get bored. 10/10 Expand
  2. Aug 5, 2014
    This is one of the best games every made. The best looking game in 2004. Really deep story. Excellent physics. Many good games such as Portal, L4D, CS, TF and G-Mod is based on this game. i r8 it 8/8 :^)
  3. Aug 14, 2014
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best games ever and maybe the best FPS of all time. The Great and interesting story, the great gameplay and the great level design made this game one of my favorites.
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    Does this game need a review? Seriously; you don't even need to READ a review to play this wonderful game made back in that period where you still loved Half life. From early betas, to the current state, I still love this master piece that will be standing forever into the ashes of old and good games. This outstanding shooter will never bored from playing it over multiple times. After all, where should I start?
    Characters are very well made, not that good graphics for that period but who needed them on that type of small monitors? The voice acting is one of the best and gives you the feeling that they're really there talking live to you! They have also a great plot into their own minds, body and flesh. Makes you wanna stick around and love them. Gordon Freeman, the main character, doesn't speak at all but that gives you the idea to think like him, for yourself, not him for you. The soundtrack should have the Pulitzer Prize for great performance and I still like the songs today. The story is one of the best one I ever met into a video game (FPS). The Half Life Trilogy is sent from 2000s all the way to 2030s. The Seven Hour War in 2012/2013, also having a great appetite for me in the idea of Half Life. Too bad they didn't release a game where you take part of it LIVE and seeing the world going to hell. Graphics aren't the best ones but for that time, they were rocking hard. The physics are GREAT and makes the game need-to-play. Facial animations are great even in beta where I noticed they looked like the same in the current game, but with no voice acting. The weapons are told to be human and Combine, some even Combineized. Adding extra attachments for their use of power.
    This game may have some little bugs over there and over here but it won't stop you from playing it as long you're not activating console cheats and exploiting the trigger on the maps! You may play the game again as you did read this review. Doesn't matter; it's all up to you, my friends.
  5. Sep 11, 2014
    This game by far is one of the best of all time. Its just that simple. The story line is one of the best by far, and the graphics engine (Source) still looks great TEN YEARS after the game has been released. The weapons are creative like the gravity gun, a tool that picks up and fires any object that can move, and launch it like a projectile, making a chair the most deadly object known to man. Buy this game, buy the entire series. They are all masterpieces. Expand
  6. Sep 12, 2014
    It's old, but not dead, I can replay it several times across a long time and it still entertains me more than other more modern games. Good job Valve, waiting for Half-Life 3.
  7. Sep 27, 2014
    The ultra responsive Source engine coupled with a great story and excellent graphics for its time. It's nothing short of a revolution. No wonder why it has universal acclaim.
  8. Oct 18, 2014
    It is a valve game what do you expect? tight graphics for its age (I thought it was made in 2012 they were so good) it also has a great physics engine which is still better than any physics engine made to this day. awesome story, awesome characters, awesome voice acting and awesome secrets. I just urge them to make half life3
  9. TvH
    Oct 28, 2014
    Half-Life 2 is a masterpiece that completely lives up to its predecessor, as it delivers an immersive atmosphere with beautiful graphics and a large amount of variety. It has a perfect physics engine, cool weapons, excellent shooting mechanics, and quintessential pacing. Its story could've been improved, but it's enough to make Half-Life 2 one of the best PC games ever made.
  10. Sep 29, 2014
    Where to start half life is just an amazing ride, the game mechanics are near seamless along with a plot-line that not only keeps you guessing, but has love, anger, envy, revenge, dependence and ultimately you know your saving the planet. Loved it. Completed it. Played it again and again.

Graliv
  11. Oct 4, 2014
    Half-Life 2 is a definite 9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, physics, characters, game play, etc... But there was just one tiny flaw. it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were done playing it, you'd never want to go back and play it again...
    You know, this is why HALO IS BETTER TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    (JK, don't
    freak out. Although, halo 2 is my favorite game of all time...) Expand
  12. Oct 10, 2014
    I made an account just to review this game. Half-Life 2 is the only game in the world that I can regard as perfect. It is literally impeccable. I have played a lot of games, and it is very hard to put so many good titles behind me, but until you play this game you won't feel the atmosphere and world that it draws you into. You need to experience the game and fully complete it to realise what a wonderful journey the Half-Life series really is. The graphics are phenomenal for a game that is now ten years old; still keeping up with modern titles to this day. The storytelling is perfect, in the literal sense of the word. The gameplay is flawless, the diversity of characters, both hostile and allied is superb. The puzzles, the chill-factor, and the thing that gets me the most, the absolute and complete absorption that you'll have playing this game is something like no other. You become Gordon Freeman, you live in the world of Half-Life which has been so magnificently created you believe every minute of its being and existence. It's this reality that consumes you, and it's marvelous, incredible story. I regard this game as perfect. Expand
  13. Oct 14, 2014
    im just want to play this game again, again, and again. cause this game is **** amazing in gameplay, graphics and in weapons!!! most i like in here is a Gravity gun!!! the best guns ever!!!!
  14. Oct 29, 2014
    Greatest game in history, now in 2014 it still has decent graphics

Amazing storyline and diverse and nice combat and physics mechanics

it is the #1 game in history