Half-Life 2 PC

9.2

1. Oct 14, 2014
    im just want to play this game again, again, and again. cause this game is **** amazing in gameplay, graphics and in weapons!!! most i like in here is a Gravity gun!!! the best guns ever!!!!
  2. Oct 17, 2014
    I now understand why people want half life 3. If you haven't played this game you really need to because it goes on sale so much on steam and it usually comes with a bundle for episode 1, 2, and lost coast.
  3. Oct 18, 2014
    It is a valve game what do you expect? tight graphics for its age (I thought it was made in 2012 they were so good) it also has a great physics engine which is still better than any physics engine made to this day. awesome story, awesome characters, awesome voice acting and awesome secrets. I just urge them to make half life3
  4. Oct 27, 2014
    I know I am treading well-worn ground, here, but Half Life 2 is one of the few games I’ve played that has lived up to the hype surrounding it. I felt like I had to tip my hat, because it is perfect in every appreciable way.

Even though HL2 is a decade old, I only recently got around to playing it thanks to a Steam sale. Absolutely fantastic. I love everything about this game. Still looks gorgeous, not at all dated like the first Half Life game. Voice acting is spot-on. Mechanics are good. Nice selection of weapons without having TOO many. Gravity gun is a blast. Music is used very well: long stretches of silence with appropriately creepy or intense electronic tunes depending on what’s happening.

What pushes this over the top for me, though, is the story. It was barely there in Half Life 1. You still have no idea what’s happening in HL2 but you discover bits & pieces as you play. At one of the resistance HQs, for example, there is a bulletin board full of newspaper clippings about the alien invasion which took place while Gordon was…elsewhere. It’s a nice payoff which helps everything else happening in the game make sense. Aside from that, you may only hear certain plot points once or twice from NPC banter. Even if the banter doesn’t contain any story information, though, it’s all scripted well and fun to listen to.

HL2 also appeals to gamers who only play shooters for the pew pew and don’t care about story. The maps may be linear (which I don’t mind in a shooter) but you have a lot of freedom and fun ways to go about solving them. There is also a nice mix of gameplay elements which keep things fresh, from turret defense moments (literally) to vehicle driving. You’re not always marching through hallways so it’s very difficult to get bored.

The only complaint I have is that there’s no Half Life 3! Of course, I’d rather have an excellent series which rarely releases games than a series that releases a title every year and beats everything we liked about it into the ground until we can’t stand it any longer (*cough*Assassin’s Creed*ahem*). Half Life 2 is one of those amazing gems that is still as good today as it was on the day it was released. Definitely a game which everyone who considers themselves a gamer should play.
  5. AnonymousMC
    Aug 4, 2003
    This game will be outstanding at all acspects the gameplay is awesome and in a movie of it there is a dune buggy you can drive around with a lazer gun atatched to it valve has reallyoutdone there swelfs and im shure that this game will own any game soming out and will get the most buys nice job vavle!
  6. AnonymousMC
    Aug 29, 2004
    I try the demo of HL 2 and it was just to much like i never saw before, the graphic, the sound, it will be the game of the year, maybe the game of all time, but you will need a powerfull PC, video card and CPU to run this games
  7. AnonymousMC
    Sep 14, 2004
    It's great It's brilliant It reacts to everything that you do It's the best FPS ever made It's got such good graphics that I have had to upgrade my graphics card to a ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb DDR with 8xAGP! If you want to buy any game it should be this one NO MATTER WHAT YOU SHOULD BUY THIS GAME! YOUR HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON IT!
  8. AnonymousMC
    Oct 16, 2004
    i live ij the uk and there is a mag called pcgamer and they have got hold of a full copy of the game and they gave it 96%, there highest review score evr. half-life2 sounds amazing. Its not my kind of thing but with that review even i would buy it.
    they say it will be released late november.
    Not long to go now then
  9. AnonymousMC
    Oct 13, 2004
    Hey Mr. Gaming Editor, by the way I HAVE played HL2, or at least CS Source! Available on STEAM now you can get HL2, which comes with CS Source(exactly the same as regular counterstrike gameplay wise, but looks sooooo much better its a different game). I have paid $60 for the silver edition which includes CS Source, HL2, DOD Source, and HL1 Source. I can already say that the $60 is worth CSHey Mr. Gaming Editor, by the way I HAVE played HL2, or at least CS Source! Available on STEAM now you can get HL2, which comes with CS Source(exactly the same as regular counterstrike gameplay wise, but looks sooooo much better its a different game). I have paid $60 for the silver edition which includes CS Source, HL2, DOD Source, and HL1 Source. I can already say that the $60 is worth CS source alone. every item can be interacted with realistically. you can bust up computers in the office map and see the parts spill out. the best thing is that bullet holes stay there, dont just dissapear. the game looks sooo much nicer. then there is gonna be HL1 Source, the remake of the best game ever made. If you've played HL think that with the HL2 graphics and physics. thats saying ALOT. Then DOD source. Although this is only in early development and wont be out for some time, the idea of all the DOD maps redone just make chills go down my spine. dod_forest actually looking like a real forest? yes, its true.
    Oh yeah.......then there is HL2 itself. Im not gonna get into this but if you dont know about it take a look at the website and see why its the most anticipated game of all time. the fact that those 4 games are only $60 total is the most insane thing and i hereby declare HL2 the BEST GAME EVER with THE BEST VALUE TOO.
  10. AnonymousMC
    Oct 31, 2004
    6 years in development, this sequel to the game that won over 50 game of the year awards is the greatest game to ever bless you computer. It's graphics make Doom 3, Halo 2, and Far Cry look like Pacman, and its overall story beats the sh#t out of everything else. It simply is the GREATEST GAME EVER, SO F*CKING DEAL WITH IT, B#ITCHES!!!! :D
  11. AnonymousMC
    Nov 27, 2004
    I tallied up your average for HL2; it comes to 96.75. So shouldn't it be rounded up to 97 and declared best PC game of all time? bite that Carmark. =) (you can edit that last bit out if you REALLY want Mr.Editor but you know it's true ;)
  12. AnonymousMC
    Nov 20, 2004
    First off, i would like to say Rehn H is a complete idiot. Second, this game just rocks the world, physics, graphics, storyline, immersion are incredible. Just un-freakin believable. People who give this game below an 8.5 (due to lack of being able to kill teammates, some geometry problems, and ease of gameplay) just dont know what the hell they are talking about. I beat the game threeFirst off, i would like to say Rehn H is a complete idiot. Second, this game just rocks the world, physics, graphics, storyline, immersion are incredible. Just un-freakin believable. People who give this game below an 8.5 (due to lack of being able to kill teammates, some geometry problems, and ease of gameplay) just dont know what the hell they are talking about. I beat the game three days after it came out on my vacation days, i almost played nonstop. The time it takes to beat this masterpiece will astound you. 10/10 for this one, best pc game, best fps, all around best game of the year. Expand
  13. AnonymousMC
    Nov 20, 2004
    This game has better graphics than Halo 2. Well, considering the XBOX is 3 years old what does everyone expect? I can't wait to see what all the pc fanboys say next November when XBOX 2 comes out and has hardware 5 times as powerful as what you run Half Life 2 on, makinG it look like PS1. Other than the graphics and different physics, this game is no better than anything else on theThis game has better graphics than Halo 2. Well, considering the XBOX is 3 years old what does everyone expect? I can't wait to see what all the pc fanboys say next November when XBOX 2 comes out and has hardware 5 times as powerful as what you run Half Life 2 on, makinG it look like PS1. Other than the graphics and different physics, this game is no better than anything else on the market. Definately not as good as Halo 2 was overall. And it's on 3 year old hardware. I think I'm gonna laugh.....LOL...... Expand
  14. AnonymousMC
    Nov 13, 2004
    Its not out yet. But looks like its going to be amazing. Mainly I just gave it a 10 to all the fanboys who are pissed and know its gonna dominate over "put fanboy game title here such as Halo 2". Not to say Halo sucks, but games get props where welcome. If the game is that good and people who play find it better because of how it plays and not just the name, then so be it.
  15. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    I played Half-Life the original when it first came out. So I do know what i'm talking about. Half-Life 2 is a revolution, just as good as an advancement in the gaming world as the first. Get it, all the other user's who rate it low are people who just played cs on the original, never the game. Hl2, deathmatch and single player, are utterly amazing.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Oct 6, 2005
    I love this game - It's got a great atmosphere! I love how even my-non gamer friends watch the opening scenes in silence, drawn into the story.
    It's just a pity that STEAM sucks **so much** The AI didn't bug me to be honest, but, good lord - Steam? why.. why would they do that to us?! 2 days it took me the first time, nowadays a freakin' hour to install... This kind of drawback is UNACCEPTABLE - game developers take note - we won't pay for products with this kind of drawback unless the game itself is REALLY good! It just shows how good the actual *game* part of HL2 really is.
  17. AnonymousMC
    Nov 28, 2005
    Even a year after release, no other game has attempted to use physics in such an integral and ingenious way. It excels in every area. It did seem short to me however. Which leads to my complaint.
    The reason for a 9 score is that I really wanted TFC2, just as much as the single-player part. It should've shipped with HL2 instead of CS:S, which I couldn't care less about. I spent more time playing TFC back in the day than any game before or since. Making the sequel a standalone product is unwise, IMO. Valve's generosity has declined over the years it seems.
  18. AnonymousMC
    Mar 26, 2006
    i gave it a ten, this is my opinion (i'm not just saying it to follow the crowd). I look beyond the fact that steam screwed most of you into giving it a 0, this game had alot of outstanding realism and a great puzzle style of game play but i guess that some of you may be a little to ignorant or dumb to actually spend time playing a game you cant beat in an hour. it deserves a ten andi gave it a ten, this is my opinion (i'm not just saying it to follow the crowd). I look beyond the fact that steam screwed most of you into giving it a 0, this game had alot of outstanding realism and a great puzzle style of game play but i guess that some of you may be a little to ignorant or dumb to actually spend time playing a game you cant beat in an hour. it deserves a ten and you know it so quit acting like its not that great just because it wont work on your PC Expand
  19. AnonymousMC
    Mar 27, 2006
    This is the absolute best game ever created. Even if the graphics are slightly dated by now, the game is beautiful. The story is awesome, the sound is incredible in the gameplay is just amazing. Anyone who owns a PC that can play HL2 has to buy this game, I will Chuck Norris karate kick you if you don't. Peace out nuks.
  20. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2006
    Half Life 2 is a great game, for the people who think that Steam is "bs", it's a very good thing as long as it works. I wouldn't give the game a 0 because Steam didn't install at first, but you would have given the game itself a 10...

There are so many modifications for Half Life 2 popping up, most of them are free too! This game should be owned by every Half-Life fan in my oppinion.

There are many many games where you have to wait a long time for things to load, but it's your computer that makes it so slow. Just get an upgrade as you probably need one to experience the game in its full beauty.
  21. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2006
    I will agree with some of the critics of HL2 that it doesn't break a ton of new ground in terms of gameplay. Honestly, though, that's really kind of a side issue because the game is so immersive, that it makes up for any and all other shortcomings. It simply has one of the most compelling and immersive storylines that I've ever seen in a video game. It puts most modernI will agree with some of the critics of HL2 that it doesn't break a ton of new ground in terms of gameplay. Honestly, though, that's really kind of a side issue because the game is so immersive, that it makes up for any and all other shortcomings. It simply has one of the most compelling and immersive storylines that I've ever seen in a video game. It puts most modern Hollywood movies to shame really; it's a video game epic. Expand
  22. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2006
    Excellent, a very great game, love the graphics, the physics, gameplay, and you dont even need a really good game to play it... (I.E Far cry and doom3). I didnt like steam at first, but after a year, it kinda grows on you, you just gotta deal with it, because it looks like thats how games will be distributed in the future... anyhow, great game, cant wait for the expansion (theExcellent, a very great game, love the graphics, the physics, gameplay, and you dont even need a really good game to play it... (I.E Far cry and doom3). I didnt like steam at first, but after a year, it kinda grows on you, you just gotta deal with it, because it looks like thats how games will be distributed in the future... anyhow, great game, cant wait for the expansion (the counter-strike source added to it is very nice as well, spend many hours on that) I rate it a 10 on 10! Expand
  23. AnonymousMC
    Apr 23, 2006
    Quit Hyping up how great Far Cry is over Half Life 2. I bought Far Cry because a friend told me how awesome it was. The highest graphics settings on Far Cry slow my Pc Down but the graphics on Half Life 2 Do not. The cutscenes for Far Cry are short and choppy and the character acting is bad, they do not model how humans really move when they talk (Half Life 2 does and everyone knowsQuit Hyping up how great Far Cry is over Half Life 2. I bought Far Cry because a friend told me how awesome it was. The highest graphics settings on Far Cry slow my Pc Down but the graphics on Half Life 2 Do not. The cutscenes for Far Cry are short and choppy and the character acting is bad, they do not model how humans really move when they talk (Half Life 2 does and everyone knows it). Far cry would make even Carlos Mencia say "Nuh na NUuuuUuUh !!!" The game play sucks so badly that i wonder why i even bought the game. You are supposed to be able to sneak through the jungle and silently kill opponents. Um so why don't I have a silencer and as far as i know there is no meelee button. Also, why am I such a pansy in Far Cry that i can not even fire my weapon when i am on the surface of the water? If you want a real jungle sneeking game with great story, buy a playstation 2 and get Metal Gear Sold 3. People are also talking about how Half Life 2 is repeatable through certain sections if you play them over and over. My friend died three times at that massive turret on that part where you are taking the airboat to Eli's and you have to explode the barrels to knock open a gate. Each time he played the section against that combine soldier, the soldier ended up in three different places when my friend crouched behind tha cart and slowly pushed it toward him. On another part when you are escaping the combine in the train tunnels my friend looked down the hallway and saw a combine soldier next to an exploding barrel that was knocked over. He went to the wall to get some health and when he went back to go kill the soldier, we saw him pushing an exploding barrel down the hall towards him. Now i haven't played doom 3 or quake but what other AI does this? What about the Zombies who through barrels and crates at you? I didn't expect that.

Bottom line is that Half Life 2 has great graphics without compromising performance and all you people need to get off of your Far Cry trip.
  24. AnonymousMC
    May 8, 2006
    People, you are not reviewing steam, you are reviewing half-life 2 so don't include what you think of steam in your reviews. Remember steam is just a delivery method to the goodness of HL2. There are people below who are trying to be witty about how poor they think this game is yet they haven't even reviewed the game probably in terms of the overall package you get along with thePeople, you are not reviewing steam, you are reviewing half-life 2 so don't include what you think of steam in your reviews. Remember steam is just a delivery method to the goodness of HL2. There are people below who are trying to be witty about how poor they think this game is yet they haven't even reviewed the game probably in terms of the overall package you get along with the amazing graphics (which by the way are better than doom 3 as doom 3 is just mainly played in dark rooms which are much easier to render and create!), plot, character animation (not beaten to date) and cleaver AI which responds to any situation (yes the team AI could have been done better but its a single first person shooter, not a team playing game!!!). If you haven't played this game all the way through then your missing out. The plot is mysterious but that is keeping within the tradition of half life. It makes you want to find out more and more about the overall plot of the game and spurs you on throughout. This game really does deserve the unbeatable amount of game of the year awards it has won over the past few years and the highly rated opinions of the industry's top gaming experts! Buy this game and you won't be disappointed when you get it working! Expand
  25. AnonymousMC
    May 17, 2006
    Oh my goodness! half life 2 is THE most fun i have ever had in a game . the physics are fantastic and are fun to play with. the storyline is scary and graphics go along way in expressing the feel of the game . THIS IS THE BEST GAME
  26. AnonymousMC
    May 18, 2006
    It's a great game if you have the right stuff. I'm really not sure why everyone is comparing this to Far-Cry thousands of times, I have viewed textures, graphics and such: overall, if you can run Half-Life 2 without what probably 50% of the lower rated poster's computers are, preferably horrible 4200 Dells, Half-Life 2 is immense and the graphics are well made and justIt's a great game if you have the right stuff. I'm really not sure why everyone is comparing this to Far-Cry thousands of times, I have viewed textures, graphics and such: overall, if you can run Half-Life 2 without what probably 50% of the lower rated poster's computers are, preferably horrible 4200 Dells, Half-Life 2 is immense and the graphics are well made and just awesome. And since when does a shooter have to be so in particularly be a completely realistic in an environment of the jungle, or some place on Mars, or some really dumb variation of L.A? (I'm looking at you, Bloodlines.) What happened to the good old shooters like Metal Slug, hm? Sure, they weren't packed to their necks with plasma decentigration balls, dual powered shotguns, MP7's, or hoverboats, but what it the issue? Even if you count out the puzzles and map designs (Which, by the way, are practically flawless compared to some of the garbage I've seen from Halo and many other First Persons) the gameplay still heads in the correct direction. Then, complaints on the squads and commands; let me address that you don't even need squads if you're playing on normal, let alone easy. If just having some rebel guy following you and you press 'c' at the ground in front of you, he'll go. I found barely any uses of teamwork, with the exception of Grigori or Alyx, the special NPCs.
    What sort of makes me mad too is the fact people continue to say 'this game is overrated', 'this game is behind its time', 'this game is crap no thanks to Steam', personally, these are whiny comments. First of all, the game would probably not be overrated, if it weren't for the 2003 hacking. Second, it would not of been behind its time. If I do recall, some companies found part of the coding and used it for their own games. Next to that, the physics engine was remarkable for what it was way back when, when it drove awe into the people who watched E3 and the beta clips. I'm not sure what's wrong with registering to Steam either: You simply install the game, which takes NOT 4 hours, it takes 10 to 15 minutes before for my old, lousy Dell. Then you register the game, which shouldn't even take that long, if 3 minutes counts as yet another sarcastic 1 hour. If it takes the person installing Half-Life 2 at least 4 hours, then your computer dates back to the days Half-Life 1 could run on those awesome Pentium 1 Windows 93 computers. And complaining of load times? Get a computer upgrade, stop whining. If you save some money for at least 3 months, you could get a gigabyte of ram and a GeForce 7300 at its cheapest.
    Enough complaining, it's time to get on to Half-Life 2, and what it brought, and would of brought to this generation. I applaud Valve for simply releasing this; I was almost doubting a real release at all due to the beta hack. The guns, if I say, are awesome. The MP7 I would delightfully switch with an MP5K anyday, though.
  27. AnonymousMC
    May 22, 2006
    Simply put, the best-looking, most system-adaptive game I've ever played. I first played this game on an HP Pavilion a220n with an onboard GeForce 4 MX. Yeah. The graphics weren't super (no reflections, dynamic shadows, etc), but the game still looked great and played very well. Then, when I got the ATI Radeon X800, it automatically adjusted the settings, and I was astounded! TheSimply put, the best-looking, most system-adaptive game I've ever played. I first played this game on an HP Pavilion a220n with an onboard GeForce 4 MX. Yeah. The graphics weren't super (no reflections, dynamic shadows, etc), but the game still looked great and played very well. Then, when I got the ATI Radeon X800, it automatically adjusted the settings, and I was astounded! The game is so much better for me now. I love this game so much, and can't wait until the Episode One continuation comes out. I've got it on preorder! Expand
  28. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2006
    Very much enjoyed this game. i play the single player over and over. what i like about it is the Physics system where you have to think about the puzzles and put counter weights in to get past the next area. things i dont care for is 1 the AI Pathing for the Npc they seem to get in the way.
  29. AnonymousMC
    Jun 11, 2006
    The push back in dates were disappointing. And so was the ending. STEAM blows unless you have the right equipment for it. But throughout the bad ending and STEAM not delivering what I so rightly deserved [I bought the game], the gameplay, the graphics, and the all out layout of this game made every bad detail worth it. I give it a 10. 9 wouldn't do it. Anything lower would be a littleThe push back in dates were disappointing. And so was the ending. STEAM blows unless you have the right equipment for it. But throughout the bad ending and STEAM not delivering what I so rightly deserved [I bought the game], the gameplay, the graphics, and the all out layout of this game made every bad detail worth it. I give it a 10. 9 wouldn't do it. Anything lower would be a little [okay, a lot] unjust. It isn't perfect, but for todays standards, this game left me breathless, and it left me for me. Like a game should. Similar to God of War. Gameplay kept me hooked, the storyline going somewhere, the graphics were, dare I say, orgasmic. Hats off to you Valve. And STEAM, fix yourself up. The HL series lost fans to you, but fans loyal enough stayed with it and say the same as I. Can't wait for what else you have in store.

- Always waiting,
    [ e X i l e ]
  30. AnonymousMC
    Jun 24, 2006
    What is it about hl2 that makes it so awesome? The fact that every aspects of a good fps has been covered, from graphics to puzzles, and presented masterfully. Furthermore, unlike other games, the requirements we'rnt high upon release, i ran it on a ti4200 and 2.4 gig p4 and it still looks fantastic. Episode one rocked too, so keep it up!
  31. AnonymousMC
    Jun 26, 2006
    First of all, you're an idiot Klaus F. You're judging the game, not Steam retard. Plus, you haven't even played the game, so why are you judging it already? Steam is hard to use but this game makes up for the long installation times by rewarding you with Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life: Source, AND Half-Life: Deathmatch. I wouldn't necessarilyFirst of all, you're an idiot Klaus F. You're judging the game, not Steam retard. Plus, you haven't even played the game, so why are you judging it already? Steam is hard to use but this game makes up for the long installation times by rewarding you with Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life: Source, AND Half-Life: Deathmatch. I wouldn't necessarily say Steam sucks if you get 4 more freakin' games for buying one awesome FPS.
    For all of you that say that the graphics are bad, then what's GOOD? The graphics are incredible in Half-Life 2, with beatiful environments, gorgeous character models, and possibly the best water and glass I've ever seen. This isn't a Pixar movie we're talking about here, it's a video game, where lag, glitches, and bugs are an issue, so graphics aren't going to be photorealistic in a fully interactive world.
    The weapons are pretty good as well. The gravity gun is reather creative, and the laser-guided RPG is a great twist on a classic weapon. The signature crowbar is extremely fun to use, and who doesn't want to impale someone on a wall using a crossbow loaded with radioactive bolts. The pheropod could also be the most unique weapon I've ever seen in my entire life. The pulse rifle's secondary fire was also incredibly well done, and the shotgun was incredibly fun to use. The only weapon that didn't work for me was the grenade, since it takes too long to explode and is a different weapon (they should imply the Halo system were you don't have to switch weapons to throw grenades). Overall, the weapons were very creative and fantastic.
    The story was a bit broken, but still managed to be suspenseful and immersive. There were shocking, scary (Ravenholm, I'm looking at you), exciting, emotional, and intense parts in the story. It was a mix between a horror game, action, puzzle, adventure, and there was even a little love in there (Gordon and Alyx). It fit almost every category (heck, even DRIVING was in there!) and each aspect was pulled off perfectly.
    For those of you that don't think the ending was good, then you don't know what a good ending is. Half-Life 2 - an FPS - won't end with Gordon and Alyx dancing in flowers picking strawberries and singing "It's A Small World After All." The game ended suspensefully so that you'd buy Half-Life 3 (or in this case - Episode 1). If there were too many questions unanswered, then maybe the sequel to this game will answer them. Ever think of that?
    Overall, Half-Life 2 was an incredible game, and was beautifully presented with lush graphics and gripping gameplay. This is a game that everyone with a PC and a right mind should own and enjoy.
  32. AnonymousMC
    Jun 29, 2006
    HL2 is the most realistic game released on the Pc today, i know ive got all the others. For all those people that gave this a bad score your just being noobs cause you have a crap computer, I can run HL2 on full graphics and the experiance is amazing. I also didnt encounter any glitches or stuff ups in the later levels of the game as i think one person said. I do admit thought valve doesHL2 is the most realistic game released on the Pc today, i know ive got all the others. For all those people that gave this a bad score your just being noobs cause you have a crap computer, I can run HL2 on full graphics and the experiance is amazing. I also didnt encounter any glitches or stuff ups in the later levels of the game as i think one person said. I do admit thought valve does have bad support for there users, a friend of mine forgot his password and he done everything valve told him to on there website and they didnt help him at all which in my books is pretty shocking when you hav all the information other than the password. Expand
  33. AnonymousMC
    Jun 30, 2006
    Ok first off, Half-life and Half-life 2 come from two different generations of gaming. Second, this game has awesome weapon effects, graphics, realism, and a way to create a story linking two games together coming from different backgrounds. Third, it has a short storyline only because people don't take time to know the enemy before you kill them. "They" are intellegent AI if you letOk first off, Half-life and Half-life 2 come from two different generations of gaming. Second, this game has awesome weapon effects, graphics, realism, and a way to create a story linking two games together coming from different backgrounds. Third, it has a short storyline only because people don't take time to know the enemy before you kill them. "They" are intellegent AI if you let them challenge you, that means you can mess around and not rush through the game waiting for it to throw fun at you and while its better to try and "make fun" of it. Fourth, Steam is hard for impatient people who blame it for ruining the game (same as taking the trash out after you pressed pause). Don't blame Steam for something that is supposed to help your game and that only time can solve, come on, you can wait, we all did, jeez I think it annoyed everyone who didn't buy it on Steam. Bugs were there because updates can later to fix them. Hardware problems are the users fault. And five Farcry puts everything in front of you because the user is scripted to do that (if you know what I mean), I know, I have that game, its fun only because I made it fun for me (Logically, something is fun if you allow it to or fun know matter what, then you know its awesome). Last but not least Doom 3 is cool and really fun to kill demons with a simple shotgun, I went through it on veteran and nightmare mode cuz its hilarious how its only a shotgun but get serious guys, you are asking for another game toooo... be like another game. Single them out and listen to yourselves. They both have great ancestors, especially Doom but in the end, they both share a common trait: Evolution and Revolution to a gaming experience that in the end challenged gamers and was fun (if they let it). Last but not least, for the people disapointed with the end of the game, two short things: 1you beat the main bad guy and that should be it, but it ends right there leaving off for another time after anymore Half-life 2 episodes all the way to another generation plus technology advances make it seem not that far off. 2its supposed to end if you gave a sh-- or not if you like it or not. Those of you who like putting down the game for reasons of they try or rip off just should realize the fact that all game companies do that but you aren't looking at the fact that products are made because fans have requested them or just want to show pride and the trademark makes money because money and passion go hand in hand. If what I am ending this is just to logical or too much for an explanation, then realize that some people are just saying stupid complaints and so this is their stupid answer(s) and a put down to them for being idiots and in every way a stupid moron for opening their slow unreasonable unthinking mind that should try to find a school that teaches advanced ways to look at morals and common sense before they embarass themselves on the internet. If you think I am doing that right now you either are one of them or are reading a message for someone else of a really low level of society (mind-wise because they don't know how to use it). In the end I will return to the real reason for this post before I dig to much into a hole that is actually a loop in human nature: point-reason-granted reason-back to first one. I will just say that his game is so awesome and I am glad I got this game which behind its awesome graphics and simple creation that some people don't realize was actually easy to make but the problem was that Valve couold have made a complex game with better whatever or stoop to easy-to-use technology and create an equally awesome game that still would have gotten the rate of 10's and 0's no matter what audience it came too. I am glad to be a Half-life fan and I am glad I spent 3 hours setting it up and go back and play it and test the physics to its limits no matter what cost game crash or pointless venture. This game gets a better rating than Halo (95) to both Half-lifes (96) (except for episode 2 because people saw that it should be that way and plus (a litle offtopic) the fans/fanatics ruined it almost like counter-strike. This game deserves a better audience just like some other games do but who can help something so natural anyway. Expand
  34. AnonymousMC
    Jul 2, 2006
    Some parts were extremely annoying, and the ending was not that great, but left for a sequel (the episodes). Some parts, especially the airboat ride, are incredibly well done. The controls are fluid and the graphics are spectacular. All this, combined with the surround sound (I HIGHLY recommend headphones) immerse the player in a game full of emotion, problem-solving, ass-kicking, andSome parts were extremely annoying, and the ending was not that great, but left for a sequel (the episodes). Some parts, especially the airboat ride, are incredibly well done. The controls are fluid and the graphics are spectacular. All this, combined with the surround sound (I HIGHLY recommend headphones) immerse the player in a game full of emotion, problem-solving, ass-kicking, and interaction beyond almost anything I've ever seen. Expand
  35. AnonymousMC
    Jul 3, 2006
    Overall awesome, Steam is what brings the game down though. Sure, it's nice to be able to get all your games in one program, but it's the bugs of Steam and absolutely horrid support for it that make me hate it.
    As mentioned there were some issues with the physics engine and such, but ultimately, it's a game. It's meant for entertainment purposes, it will never be as realistic as some people want it to be unless they just go out and kick the chair themselves instead of having a 3d virtual avatar do it for them.
    As for the game: I've played it on both an old (6 years now) and new (1 month) old PC. Both worked fine if you know how to tweak your visual settings. My gripe with this: At first Steam started automatically updating everything, which is where the "gotta have the awesome PC to run it" thing came in. Too many features being added without consent.

So really, Game = 15, but Steam's updates, support, and bugs bring it down.
  36. AnonymousMC
    Jul 21, 2006
    Steam aside (evil software), the actual game itself is insane. The facial details of the opening cutscene blew me away before I even fired a shot. The plot is brilliant and easily a worthy sucessor to HL1. My only concern is that HL3 will need the Pentagon's mainfraim to work.

If your computer is less than 1 year old, play it. If not, buy a new machine (levels can take weeks to load, but they are worth it).
  37. AnonymousMC
    Jul 29, 2006
    if you hate this game get out of your house now... and run because a mob of Hl2 fans will hunt you down. this game is the top of gameing. beautiful graphics compelling story, incredible action, some scary elements, those fast zombies always scare the crap outta me. ive had this game since jan 06 and am just now reveiwing and well its amazing, the only downside is probably the worst endingif you hate this game get out of your house now... and run because a mob of Hl2 fans will hunt you down. this game is the top of gameing. beautiful graphics compelling story, incredible action, some scary elements, those fast zombies always scare the crap outta me. ive had this game since jan 06 and am just now reveiwing and well its amazing, the only downside is probably the worst ending ever!!!!!! Expand
  38. AnonymousMC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Ok I've been reading through some posts and ive come up with my own opinion.

For one ill start with a recomendation. This game is for die-hard fans of the HL series and FPS games, and works best with an NVIDIA graphics card in my experiance and also ppl complaining about how "STEAM ruined the game it took too long i couldnt update it" stop your damn whining, I mean i got this when
    Ok I've been reading through some posts and ive come up with my own opinion.

"STEAM ruined the game it took too long i couldnt update it" stop your damn whining, I mean i got this when it came out and only until a month ago could i play it and i still rate this a ten, my point here being dont let a gay ass program ruin your fun. And for those who say it gets boring try playing in sparring. And also for the marine complaining about your internet issues, its called OFFLINE MODE use it retard it got updated.
    Now on to the ending complaints. You see they ended the game like that so that they could have an open horison on sequel pick ups, and the episode formate is to keep players from waiting another ten years for HL3 to come out. I for one acually love the way the game is set up.

Ok and now to you story line nerds. This game did have a story line for those who payed attention, and it all pointed to the final solution of having Gordon Freeman lead a revolt against the combine of city 17. And in my opinion " tedious. boring" isnt a f***ing post thats an unintelligent lazy kid putting up an excuse to be different.

Finally i would like to mention that people dont all put a ten to be with the in crowd as Hideto M put in his post, I call bullshit on his post with the " It's human nature to simply mindlessly follow the crowd" staement. Just beacause you dont agree with the rest of us who have taste doesnt mean you can call it human nature. Its social nature to want to fit in with a large crowd, and guess what. This is just a large FACELESS groupe of gamers we dont know each other and we dont need to worry about any reprocusions of our posting cuz there are none.

well that was my post and i hope you ppl can now see some reason to their problems. If there are any problems i can be found in mostly any G-mod servers under the screen-name "ShadowMarshal9525" so you can take it up with me as a gamer instead of a poster.
  39. AnonymousMC
    Sep 11, 2006
    very well put togeather, good story, awesome game play.. but some minor glitches takes out of the game (shadows that project through items, clipping glitches in the wierdest place that you or key items get stuck on) once more through on the debug might have made this game a 10
  40. AnonymousMC
    Dec 4, 2006
    its apparent that the Madeline V. girl has never played through the whole game. probably played single player for about an hour and couldn't figure out what to do.

this game is all half-life 1 was, but more. boring weapons? they brought back everything except the weird ass alien weapons no one used in the first place. gravity gun? can you say gravity gun? not only did i play through the single player in a matter of days because of being glued to my monitor, i was finding myself VERY satisfied and craving the next episodes. the story is GREAT and valve did a killer job keeping the hype up and actually delivering, something doom 3 failed to do.

madeline, you suck, but half-life 2 does not.
  41. AnonymousMC
    Dec 8, 2006
    Just because you have a problem with the game, doesn't mean you should give it a 0, look at what other people think, and their experience with the game. If your computer doesn't work with it, too bad. You should've looked up some info on te game's requirements before you bought it. Oh, whats that on steam... A DEMO! Try a game before you buy and bitch about it.
  42. AnonymousMC
    Dec 14, 2006
    Absolutely brilliant!!!!! The graphics can run on some of the lowest graphics cards around, with still astonishing detail, and the fact that mods can be so easily created means that it will never get old, especially with things like Source forts, and soon to be portal, which are original, and HIGHLY addictive! WELL worth a ten. I was looking for an 11 option, but oh well...
  43. AnonymousMC
    Jan 7, 2007
    i'm no expert in game reviewing, but as far as i'm concerned, i'm sad i finished it so fast :) HL2, HL2 LC, HL2 EPO .. anyway, maybe it's not the best game ever, who said that ? but it a game that makes me want more .. realistic too, and it gets better and better .. about the HL1 being better .. not necesarely true .. anyway .. not the best, but one of the best
  44. AnonymousMC
    Jan 14, 2007
    I just can't understand why some people rate this 8- ... 1:"STEAM" is great 2:long loading times etc A)get more RAM B)Get rid of your viruses 3:Ok so the last guy is easy that can't bring it down more than 1 point 4: (specificly meant for "Victor") you do know there ain't much RPG ammo around?
    5:AI is bad? lemme pause to laugh *LOL*
    6:Bad ending ey? they're obviously
    5:AI is bad? lemme pause to laugh *LOL*
    6:Bad ending ey? they're obviously gonna make a sequel
    7:Bad story my ass
    8:Imma stop now
  45. AnonymousMC
    Jan 15, 2007
    The Game is ok. Second Place in my Favorite List. First goes to Far Cry. Good Graphics on average systems. That is very good. I played the german version and i have to say that the german syncro is one of the badest i have ever heard. Next time please spend more money for professional german synco-talkers.

And I hate your Steam-System. I have payed for the Game and i want to play it on my computer without steam!
  46. AnonymousMC
    Feb 6, 2007
    i love this game know matter how many times i play it i never get tired of it the only thing that i think that the people who made this game could make better is the end i would like to do more at the very end of the game
  47. AnonymousMC
    Mar 22, 2007
    Para my el hl2 es el mejor juego kon grafica espectacular asta es mejor kel finalfantasi XIII , es 100 veces mejor pok tiene muxa acion violencia etc... y Lord C es un pelele k no tiene ni idea de juegos del siglo 21. Si kereis mas in formacion my steam is COPEGI .
  48. AnonymousMC
    Mar 31, 2007
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game and played through it a few times and lost many hours of sleep in just a few weeks. The graphics were purely stunning, the game play was really fun and really intense, and the puzzles that went along with the gravity gun added a lot to the game.
    Along with all the positive parts of the game, I never encountered something that inherently irked me or even made me think, "C'mon, why would the developers do that?"

Overall it was an amazing game and this puny description of how much I liked it cannot fully convey my overall enjoyment of the game.
  49. AnonymousMC
    Apr 24, 2007
    One of the most brilliant games ever created. Almost ,what ,four years ago?, and it still is visually stunning. New games boasting "great physics" are still pitiful in comparison to HL2. And you get the most out of your money considering that it is only ten dollars on Steam. Only setback is that the ending is abrupt and makes you want to rush out and buy the next episodes, but on a scaleOne of the most brilliant games ever created. Almost ,what ,four years ago?, and it still is visually stunning. New games boasting "great physics" are still pitiful in comparison to HL2. And you get the most out of your money considering that it is only ten dollars on Steam. Only setback is that the ending is abrupt and makes you want to rush out and buy the next episodes, but on a scale of one to ten, it gets an eleven. Expand
  50. AnonymousMC
    May 18, 2007
    Simply put, this is the best game I have ever played. The real world physics coupled with the breathtaking graphics has surplanted every other game i have made. Going back and playing with the gravity gun and on the vehicle levels is some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game.
  51. AnonymousMC
    May 21, 2007
    There is absolutley nothing wrong with this game, no flaws, no mistakes, perfect in every way. huge variety in enemies, weapons, and methods on how to play it. Phyisics are real life and the guns are geat, but marlon brando is to the godfather as Gravity gun is to this.
  52. AnonymousMC
    May 24, 2007
    Possibaly one of the best shooters ever. keeps to the same shabaz as half life one yet still makes you feel your playing something completly new. Also has to be one of the best ending in any game ever. There are still some flaws though. Even though i am a die hard half life fan im not afraid to mention its major flaws. First the teammate AI is preety bad. The will take out 1 or 2 guys andPossibaly one of the best shooters ever. keeps to the same shabaz as half life one yet still makes you feel your playing something completly new. Also has to be one of the best ending in any game ever. There are still some flaws though. Even though i am a die hard half life fan im not afraid to mention its major flaws. First the teammate AI is preety bad. The will take out 1 or 2 guys and leave you with 10.; Finnaly my biggest problem is the installation time is out the door. I know i dont have the best computer but almost a full day to install thats crazy. But end the end it was all worth it beacuse Half Life 2 is a great game. I highly Recomend it. Expand
  53. AnonymousMC
    May 30, 2007
    Definitely sets a benchmark for gaming. Underneath the questionable AI and less-than satisfying ending, beats the cold, hard, kickass heart of an incredibly game. Gameplay is amazing, while the puzzles leave you puzzled. Pun definitely intended. It makes you feel good about yourself when beating the crap out of the combine, yet it doesn't make you feel like you're fightingDefinitely sets a benchmark for gaming. Underneath the questionable AI and less-than satisfying ending, beats the cold, hard, kickass heart of an incredibly game. Gameplay is amazing, while the puzzles leave you puzzled. Pun definitely intended. It makes you feel good about yourself when beating the crap out of the combine, yet it doesn't make you feel like you're fighting lifeless husks. Bravo valve! Keep crankin' em out! Expand
  54. AnonymousMC
    Jun 8, 2007
    Another paradigm shifting game under Valve's belt. The characters are very colorful compared to your typically boring game personalities. The inclusion of the boat and buggy driving adds some well needed gameplay diversity. The only gripe I have is that aside from the barnicles, vortigons and crabs, we don't see any of our aliens from the first games. Still, a great game!
  55. AnonymousMC
    Jun 22, 2007
    A great game if you love fps's, but it was a little repettive in some parts. The story was good and I have played Episode 1 and it makes sense where they leave off in this one. To play it i suggest a good comp but it dosen't have to be a dream system just a decnt computer with a good video card. Still if you love fps's and have a decent system it is a must buy. Also buy allA great game if you love fps's, but it was a little repettive in some parts. The story was good and I have played Episode 1 and it makes sense where they leave off in this one. To play it i suggest a good comp but it dosen't have to be a dream system just a decnt computer with a good video card. Still if you love fps's and have a decent system it is a must buy. Also buy all of the episodes because they are a great value for the $20. Expand
  56. AnonymousMC
    Jun 25, 2007
    This is the best game ever made not only the best out of all the PC games but its the best game out of every system game too including wii,360 and ps3. this game should have got a 100 rating because it beats out far cry by miles sorry to the guy below me but half-life will always win for its amazing storyline to its incredible graphics and physics engine and finally its greatestThis is the best game ever made not only the best out of all the PC games but its the best game out of every system game too including wii,360 and ps3. this game should have got a 100 rating because it beats out far cry by miles sorry to the guy below me but half-life will always win for its amazing storyline to its incredible graphics and physics engine and finally its greatest accomplishment ever its great endings always open for another sequel. Expand
  57. AnonymousMC
    Jul 11, 2007
    The game is awesome, besides the fact that the single player storyline was too short, and that the driving levels were slightly boring. But what does make me incredibly irritated are the people who are giving reviews, and scoring this game a 0 due to steam. Incase you haven't noticed, we are scoring the game Half-Life 2, not the program Steam. -_-
  58. AnonymousMC
    Sep 22, 2007
    An utterly amazing game. Valve have improved a lot since half-life 1, adding much better graphics, incredible sound and an amazing range of weapons, including the best video game weapon of all time (according to GameTrailers), the Gravity Gun. Not only these things, but it is extremely realistic, except for the facts that you can move when being shot and you can walk perfectly normallyAn utterly amazing game. Valve have improved a lot since half-life 1, adding much better graphics, incredible sound and an amazing range of weapons, including the best video game weapon of all time (according to GameTrailers), the Gravity Gun. Not only these things, but it is extremely realistic, except for the facts that you can move when being shot and you can walk perfectly normally when you have fell from a height. Overall, a great game, and definitely worth the money. Expand
  59. AnonymousMC
    Sep 30, 2007
    What can I say, 3 years later, about HL2 that hasn't already been said? Not much, I guess. It gave me great satisfaction to find myself in such an interesting, well-sculpted virtual world. Yeah, it was linear, but the presentation was nothing short of fantastic. Call me strange, but I was so awed when I saw my first, Nazi-like, Orwellian enforcer. As I stopped and stared, all I heardWhat can I say, 3 years later, about HL2 that hasn't already been said? Not much, I guess. It gave me great satisfaction to find myself in such an interesting, well-sculpted virtual world. Yeah, it was linear, but the presentation was nothing short of fantastic. Call me strange, but I was so awed when I saw my first, Nazi-like, Orwellian enforcer. As I stopped and stared, all I heard was the click-click-click of the observer drone and the constant droning of propaganda from the speakers on the wall. I was hooked. Nothing gets me more than an environment that is gripping, believable, and immersive. Not like that cluttered, illogical crap you get from Bioshock and others. HL2 just got better from there. Above average weapon selection. The gravity gun was a pleasure to work with. Interesting enemies to fight. Good story. And all of it so beautifully, visually and sonically, presented. I love the sound of that one later assault rifle (with the bouncing ball as the secondary): it was so satisfying to use (too bad it ran out of ammo so quickly!). Presentation will make or break a game like that. Thank goodness Valve got it right. Cons? Too short. =) Expand
  60. AnonymousMC
    Oct 21, 2007
    Just beat it on the Orange Box. Pretty good game, worth playing once or twice, but I didn't find it as amazing as what most people said. I'm sure it's story (while a little disappointing) and its physics were revolutionary, I absolutely hated the driving missions (especially the airboat) and it felt a little repetitive with little variety to the enemies. Mostly striders,Just beat it on the Orange Box. Pretty good game, worth playing once or twice, but I didn't find it as amazing as what most people said. I'm sure it's story (while a little disappointing) and its physics were revolutionary, I absolutely hated the driving missions (especially the airboat) and it felt a little repetitive with little variety to the enemies. Mostly striders, soldiers, antlions and headcrabs. Great game but not the greatest. Expand
  61. AnonymousMC
    Oct 28, 2007
    This was one of the best games I have ever played. Returning as Gordon Freeman from the action packed Half Life 1. Personally I played Half Life 1 when I was 6 years old. And now as I am older I still love the game. This game started a Pc gaming revolution! Before Halo was even thought of!
  62. AnonymousMC
    Jan 5, 2008
    After reading some user comments (usually with a score of 6 and below) I noticed that many people say that this game is highly over-rated...

This forced me to play Half-Life 2 again and I had a hell of a good time. The game play is not much to complain about, although the game is somewhat very linear, but that doesn't count too much. Enemy AI is somewhat iffy but it is at least challenging. Also the friendly AI is somewhat annoying for me (they can get in your way a little bit). The story was interesting in my opinion to keep me attached to my computer to play it.
    The graphics for that time were damn good-looking. The sound is impressive (especially in voice acting) and in some occasions it doesn't.

And back on the topic of over-rated games. Over-rated games are those who get advertised to much and in the end they are nothing more than just normal FPS without nothing new to show, much like the Halo series, I suspect that the people that post their low scores can be Halo fanboys or people who think that this game doesn't suit their taste, which makes me to wonder why the hell did they picked it up in the first place. Buying a game without looking it first is a terrible idea...

People are perfectly entitled to their opinions, I respect that, like the former people I mentioned (not fanboys). But the only reason I'm posting this is because people say many times that this game is highly over-rated...

People who are giving this game a low score can be a little annoying (not for me) but be fair, this game is an excellent piece of game design and manufacture.

And no, it is not perfect. No game is. It IS, however, a milestone in the development of the genre whether you like it or not.

You people (or Halo fanboys) don't like the game? Wonderful, good for you. You guys have your reasons, which are, as far as I can tell, that you don't care for the setting and production design. This doesn't make it a bad game, nor over-rated. That simply means you guys don't like it.
  63. AnonymousMC
    Feb 21, 2008
    Having just played through it again three and a half years after it's original release, Half-life 2 remains an absolutely stunning game. Engaging on every level with the ability to shock, terrify, emotionally move you or get your blood pumping. This, if anything, is pure digital art. Name me another game that still seems fresh, exciting and just as good three years on? Go on - I dare you!
  64. AnonymousMC
    Feb 26, 2008
    I loved the game. great graphics, engine etc. adn for everybody that is complaining about the story I really don't see what the problem is. If you didn't play the first game i see how it could get confusing but then play the first game! if you are to lazy to do that just go on the internet and read up on it.
  65. AnonymousMC
    Feb 27, 2008
    It's amazing how this game is great. The graphics are top of the line (for the time) and the sound is very good too. Sometimes a great battle is starting and some techno tunes start to play helping you to get in the mood.
    The caracters are apealling. You really start caring about Alyx, the crazy doc, Barney and your war mates. There's no actually bosses, but the challenges keep increasing and the monsters keep coming always as good surprises, like the building-tall monsters or even the "crazy blades of doom" that the combine release.
    It's a great playing. When you think you'll get tired of something, the game changes and add some cool new aspect, scenario or gun.
    It's a masterpiece in every little detail.
  66. AnonymousMC
    Mar 14, 2008
    why does everyone give this game a bad score because of steam HOW IS STEAM BAD. i just dont get it steam is amazing there is nothig wrong with it. plus so what if it takes a long time to load on your computer, its your computers fault not steam's. 2nd best game in the world next to ratchet and clank
  67. AnonymousMC
    Mar 25, 2008
    After playing through this game over 10 times i have decided that this sis indeed the best game ever made. I have next to no complaints on this game and they are: the shadows arent accurate and it had to end. seriously if it were possible i would want this game to never end. Gordon Freeman rules, Half life rules, Valve rules!
  68. AnonymousMC
    Apr 6, 2008
    By far one of the best games on the market, the beautiful graphics are backed up by one of the most engaging story lines, and an amazing physics engine, make this a required play. The use of Zombies in the game is also great, they spring out at you from the most unexpected places. This game has few faults, one of those is that they can't get the new episodes out fast enough, anotherBy far one of the best games on the market, the beautiful graphics are backed up by one of the most engaging story lines, and an amazing physics engine, make this a required play. The use of Zombies in the game is also great, they spring out at you from the most unexpected places. This game has few faults, one of those is that they can't get the new episodes out fast enough, another is the bad team system, but that is negligible.

In short, if they like FPSs, or even if you don't, get this game.
  69. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2008
    This is a really awesome game! even after playing it a bunch of times there are still things that i havent seen.... if you rated it 0 just because of steam taking forever etc etc then your internet sucks = and people complaining about Gordon being a silent hero.... retards.... like saying its stupid that master chief never shows his face.
  70. AnonymousMC
    Jul 17, 2008
    True fact, this is one of the best first person shooters ever released.
    Halo may top charts in sales and release "excitement" but content isnt anywhere near as good.

And as a reply to "Nick C."
    It IS rated a mature game, which is 4 years above your age.

Great story, great graphics, great physics, best gameplay.
  71. AnonymousMC
    Oct 30, 2008
    Believe me, i would rate this 20/10 if i could. Utterly excellent game - i have played the series around 5 times now and i have not stopped. I can hardly find anything bad about it; it was just so immersive, something i have found many, many other games lack. Favourite bit: killing hordes of headcrabs with only a crowbar. I would probably rate this either best or second best game i haveBelieve me, i would rate this 20/10 if i could. Utterly excellent game - i have played the series around 5 times now and i have not stopped. I can hardly find anything bad about it; it was just so immersive, something i have found many, many other games lack. Favourite bit: killing hordes of headcrabs with only a crowbar. I would probably rate this either best or second best game i have ever played. Fantastic! Expand
  72. AnonymousMC
    Nov 29, 2008
    brilliant game completed it 4 times but the graphics are nice so are models althouth through the game you see replica team mates that anoys me otherwise all is great i could complete the game in about 4 hours its all about having a good puzzle and action mind valve has really pushed its self forward from half-life 1
  73. AnonymousMC
    Nov 30, 2008
    Released in late '04, this game was a triumph of graphical achievement. Even today, the source engine stands up incredibly well and is one of the least demanding of your system. The game itself was amazing, mind blowing, and altogether almost perfect. Those folks at Valve know how to pump out quality software.
  74. AnonymousMC
    Dec 10, 2008
    The game is just awesome. The Graph, the texture, the effects, the fysics! And all this can be runned with high settings and good resolution with even a crappy computer (compared these days). Other developers of games around the world should make note about this game, -> how to run great graphics, and still not be a power eater. And act acordingly. Even dispite the fact that the game isThe game is just awesome. The Graph, the texture, the effects, the fysics! And all this can be runned with high settings and good resolution with even a crappy computer (compared these days). Other developers of games around the world should make note about this game, -> how to run great graphics, and still not be a power eater. And act acordingly. Even dispite the fact that the game is all about solo action. Just doesent matter. Its just so awesome. Expand
  75. AnonymousMC
    Jan 6, 2009
    From start to finish, Half-Life 2 is an amazing ride. Stunningly beautiful graphics and fluid gameplay make for a smooth play through an epic plot. The characters are great, the source engine shines from start to finish and nothing beats the thrill of beating the tar out of zombies with a crowbar when you're on 20 health and you've run out of ammo.

All in all, Half-Life 2 gets

All in all, Half-Life 2 gets a straight up 10 from me.
  76. AnonymousMC
    Jan 16, 2009
    A Brilliant entry into a brilliant series. On an engine that looks great when compared to some of the modern games, it's no wonder why this was such an eye popper when it first came out. That, and the system requirements are incredibly low. Buy it, if not for the game, for the story and the ever so atmospheric levels.
  77. AnonymousMC
    Feb 16, 2009
    Excellent revolutionary game and anyone who says something else is either retarded/stupid or a total noob in PC gaming. Also, for the ones who say the opposite, Steam is a great platform that enables you to buy games online, download them on any PC and it also offers you automatic updates and great online gaming.

This is one of the best games ever.
  78. AnonymousMC
    Jun 26, 2009
    Okay im not going to say THIS GAME IS FUCKING GREAT... well it is byt thats not for me to decide... thats for you. but if you were to ask me... this game has amazing graphics and phisyics from sorce and the gameplay and story line is just finominal...
    10/10 valve... you did it again.
  79. AnonymousMC
    Jul 2, 2009
    Very good game people giving it 1 either it didnt work for them or it was two hard i think the game is challenging sometimes annoying but hands down for its time its the best game in 2003 04 and 05 i think nothing was comparing to half life in those days so 10 nice job valve i love your games keep it up
  80. AnonymousMC
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sure it's boring when you complete it but the first time I played it in 2005 I thought it was really nice, the graphics aren't to bad. I don't recommend this for new gamers though since it needs some more time to think etc.

The AI Rebels helping you isn't so good but who cares. The face posing is really nice, what more could you want? Valve has done a great job!
  81. AnonymousMC
    Aug 4, 2009
    best game ever. every second is heart pounding. i found myself hating the citadel as much as i hate hitler. the soldiers and graphics are amazing. its a complete view of what a futuristic holocaust would be like. the machines are so scary and you find yourself wanting to save your fellow rebels and wanting to kill every solider that has anything to do with Dr. greene.
  82. AnonymousMC
    Aug 4, 2009
    I played the first Half-Life, I do have to say the first Half-Life was much more challenging. However, Half-Life 2 has a better first person shooting system (I don't die in 2 seconds). Graphics are great even for its' time. I think the reason why this game really gets a nine is because the story is amazing. 9 out of 10.
  83. BobB
    Aug 9, 2009
    This game still exceeds every wannabe first-person shooter game made after it and most likely still will for years to come. Half-Life 2 has horror, action, comedy, puzzle, and sci-fi woven into it brilliantly and beautifully around every corner. It combines every aspect a gamer could possibly want in video game. The breathtaking graphics and wonderful personality of every character make This game still exceeds every wannabe first-person shooter game made after it and most likely still will for years to come. Half-Life 2 has horror, action, comedy, puzzle, and sci-fi woven into it brilliantly and beautifully around every corner. It combines every aspect a gamer could possibly want in video game. The breathtaking graphics and wonderful personality of every character make this game historical,not only for FPS standards, but for any sort of game available. Expand
  84. AnonymousMC
    Aug 20, 2009
    I rarely give anything a 10, but Half-Life is really the only game I know that perfects almost every aspect of FPS gaming, and of which I can say is in an entire league of it's own. I can play it over and over again and not get tired of anything but the lack of things to criticize. Great story, clean gameplay, and fantastic visuals and atmosphere- It's a legend.
  85. AnonymousMC
    Aug 22, 2009
    When i played the demo i was like WOW i need the orange box.When i got the orange box i was like this isnt the best.its just a normal fps game but great idea of story but just after chapter 8 you are bored.but the game is fine because you can play synergy dystopia and lots more if you have hl2
  86. BernhardF
    Aug 25, 2009
    I thought HL2 was a fantastic game, and that the water was especially impressive, although for some totally inexplicable reason they forgot to add any displacement physics, meaning that stuff put into the water mysteriously contains water even if its solid. I really enjoyed the Nova Prospekt level too. Ravenholm was tolerable, but after a while, the fun of beating headcrabs with a crowbar I thought HL2 was a fantastic game, and that the water was especially impressive, although for some totally inexplicable reason they forgot to add any displacement physics, meaning that stuff put into the water mysteriously contains water even if its solid. I really enjoyed the Nova Prospekt level too. Ravenholm was tolerable, but after a while, the fun of beating headcrabs with a crowbar kinda wears off. Four things missing from this game: 1) Displacement physics in the Source engine 2) A dual-wield weapon/item hold system- anyone else remember the chair-pistol wield from Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I liked that. Also, wielding 2 pistols in Route Kanal would be fun. 3) The sniper rifle. There is actually code for one there somewhere, honest, but its not a usable weapon as there are no models. 4) Flyable vehicles. Okay, so we have a boat level, a car level, a foot level... why not stick a chopper on the roof of that building by the citadel and fly through C17 strafing the striders? Finally, I have had no problems with Steam, in fact, I love it. It makes it so much easier to have a combined game browser (all my non-steam games have shortcuts there), and a chat feature which shows the game you are playing and if it is a multiplayer game, a join the server feature. Finally a reliable game organisation and multiplayer co-ordination system that works. And yes, I've tried most of them. GameSpy is adequate. GameShadow is a waste of space. HyperLobby is tolerable. But Steam? For me, it is great. No problems ever. Expand
  87. AnonymousMC
    Aug 27, 2009
    Half Life 2 is an amazing game. It combines (no pun intended) strategic combat with puzzles and difficulty. As you escape from city 17 you can feel the adrenaline kicking in, with the music and sound effects creating this scary mood. It is a relatively old game, but has tons better graphics and gameplay than Call of Duty 4. The game has so much to think about that you are immediatelyHalf Life 2 is an amazing game. It combines (no pun intended) strategic combat with puzzles and difficulty. As you escape from city 17 you can feel the adrenaline kicking in, with the music and sound effects creating this scary mood. It is a relatively old game, but has tons better graphics and gameplay than Call of Duty 4. The game has so much to think about that you are immediately immersed in Gordon Freeman's life. Half Life is one of the few games that is a classic. Expand
  88. AnonymousMC
    Aug 30, 2009
    Half-Life 2 is just one amazing game. I played the original Half-Life when it came out, and after I beat it, I eagerly awaited the second. Fast-forwarding 9 years, I hear about Half-Life 2 coming out, and I am so amazed I can hardly contain myself.
    They did Half-Life justice. I consider this the best FPS story-wise and just an all around amazing game.
    Who is the G-Man? Who does he work
    Who is the G-Man? Who does he work for? Why Gorden Freeman?
    In the Future, I hope to have these questioned answered!
  89. AnonymousMC
    Aug 31, 2009
    This game is what I call a masterpiece, good graphics for a 04' game, the best story line I've seen. I personally I love the havok engine, the way you have a enviroment where you can interact with almoust anything is great! You feel a lot more involved and free in the level, and thats why this game deserves a ten!
  90. AnonymousMC
    Oct 6, 2009
    This game is the gratest I ever played, it tells a wonderfull story full of action and feelins, not all creatures are real, but it's very realistic. Besides that it gives you a lot of weapons and all the stuff to fight, u just can pic up a glas-bottle and throw it with the gravitrax so hard it flys som 100 meters, other than, it also gives ya houndreds of cars and boats and busses orThis game is the gratest I ever played, it tells a wonderfull story full of action and feelins, not all creatures are real, but it's very realistic. Besides that it gives you a lot of weapons and all the stuff to fight, u just can pic up a glas-bottle and throw it with the gravitrax so hard it flys som 100 meters, other than, it also gives ya houndreds of cars and boats and busses or trains you can drive mwith. ITS REALLY GREAT!!!! Expand
  91. elliotw
    Oct 11, 2009
    Half life 2 review Half life 2 is undoubtedly one of the greatest fps
  92. Hiliomar|Iced|
    Oct 14, 2009
    Quite simply an amazing game, i do not agree with mikael who gave it a 6 and said the team ai was weak, it was simply good enough to want to finish the game. Althrough the game the most fun weapon was of course the gravity gun. picking up things and throwing them around was very enjoying and throwing explosives barrels at the enemy was fantastic. Thanks Valve For making such an fantastic game.
  93. AnonymousMC
    Oct 18, 2009
    Best game ever made. SECOND TO NONE!
    I remember playing Half-Life. Thinking that it was the best game ever created and that no game company would ever surpass it. Then Half-Life 2 came out. HOLY CRAP!!
    If you haven't played this game, then you do not deserve to be called "hardcore" or a "gamer, or any combination thereof. The entire Half-Life series crushes any other game on the
    Best game ever made. SECOND TO NONE!
    The entire Half-Life series crushes any other game on the market and most likely any game to be introduced to the video game market for quite a while. Even Halo, which is quite overrated to be honest.
    Buy it. It's like what, $10 at most? Oh and get Half-Life 1 as well, and the expansion packs: Opposing Force, and Blue Shift; and get Episode 1 & 2 for HL2. Oh, and get Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, and...
    Okay, okay, just make sure to get the WHOLE Half-life series for maximum enjoyment!
  94. KennethW.
    Oct 25, 2004
    This game looks awsome even better then doom 3.
  95. LukeM.
    Oct 31, 2004
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  96. Krillan
    Oct 27, 2004
    Fantastic!!!
  97. GlennP.
    Nov 17, 2004
    This game is the best FPS I've ever seen. The graphics engine is absolutely stunning - I have no idea how they got it to look so AWESOME on my ATI 9500 Pro video card - it looks better than Far-Cry with twice the framerate. I spent the first 30 minutes of the game with my jaw literally hanging open - this game is the new standard that all FPS games will have to meet.
  98. BobbyJ.
    Nov 17, 2004
    This is game is just... WOW, Valve really outdone themselves with this one, in fact, theyve outdone every other game out there, I mean the graphics, sound, and every thing else. This game is a definite buy for any PC gamer. :)
  99. AnthonyS.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game ever made. Period. This game, its gameplay, graphics, storyline, and creativity are simply and utterly flawless. It is undeniably the first game in history to ever surpass all expectations of a video game. Add to that the amazing multiplayer capabilities that the game is open to, and we have ourselves a winner.
  100. RonitC.
    Nov 15, 2004
    Does Half Life 1 proud...buy this game.

3. Playboy