9.2

1. SockFoot
    Oct 16, 2007
    Amazing game, and so well paced. The game always feels like it's pushing you, but it never overwhelms you. First time through it is better than sex.
  2. JonH.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Amazing game. Good story, good action, great all-around play.
  3. TravisO.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Amazing, Valve did it again. If you would have asked me before if they could have made a better game then the first Half Life I wouldn't have thought so but HL2 has surpassed all my expectations, they have truly out done themselves this time. so to the team at Valve I say, Bravo!.
  4. vidman
    Oct 17, 2007
    The most overrated game in existence. I give it a 7; everyone else gives it a 10. I bought this game off of Steam and encountered zero problems. I beat this game in 3 sessions. For the first 7 hours, I was pretty happy and couldn't wait for the story to unfold. Then next 5 hours was fast paced and still left me waiting for the story to unfold. It felt like I was only 1/3 to 1/2 way The most overrated game in existence. I give it a 7; everyone else gives it a 10. I bought this game off of Steam and encountered zero problems. I beat this game in 3 sessions. For the first 7 hours, I was pretty happy and couldn't wait for the story to unfold. Then next 5 hours was fast paced and still left me waiting for the story to unfold. It felt like I was only 1/3 to 1/2 way done with the game because so many questions were unanswered. Then finally, the last 3 hours of left me disappointed. It didn Expand
  5. LukeM.
    Oct 17, 2007
  6. OlegB.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Thrilling story, fantastic physics engine, unforgettable combat sequences, great music and voice acting!
  7. FelipeZaghetti
    Oct 18, 2007
    Because its a Very Very COOL
  8. sneffd.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Well what can i say that hasent allredy ben said about this game wait i know all my 10 R belong to this.
  9. LukasK.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Wow! One of the best games, i've ever played!
  10. JacobP.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Brilliant game. Excellent story, stunning graphics and many hours of fun.
  11. ScottD.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Awesome, could be longer (larger levels or more of them). Thanks !
  12. HaraldR.
    Oct 21, 2007
    This is the greatest game ever made!! The guys behind this game has an extreme wild fantasy that makes Half-Life 2 to a werry impressive game. Half-Life 2 has altso a brethbreaking good action.
  13. Spiker
    Oct 21, 2007
    The fact that it's still being compared to other games today (even in the graphics department) is a feat that amazes me. An incredible ride, one that should not be missed by anyone.
  14. PutinVladimir
    Oct 22, 2007
    COOL!!!
  15. FernandoF.
    Oct 22, 2007
    brilliant.
  16. WestleyB.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Felt abit shorter than HL and not many big bugs to squish, plus weapons good but not many crazy ones.
  17. RobertP.
    Oct 23, 2007
    The best game ever. It has everything. It´s like watching a movie. You get the now the characters. I played it trough a hundred times, never get bored.
  18. ChickenHorse
    Oct 24, 2007
    By far the best Sci-fi FPS I have played! Physics are amazing Graphics look amazing and very good story line!
  19. PeterB.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Classic. Hours and hours of immersive fun. Original ideas, great graphics, variety - just a brilliant game. My only tiny gripe is that the machine gun is a bit feeble.
  20. RemcoV.
    Oct 27, 2007
    Excelent game with a great story, good weapons and i simply loved it.
  21. Dude
    Oct 27, 2007
    The Best Game Ever MADE!! Its So Real And Is Long And Fun. The Best Graphics I've Ever Seen So Far.
  22. DohneB.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I just finished HL2 for the first time (got myself the orange box) - almost exactly 3 years after its' original release and it was a blast - time certainly hasn't hurt this game in any way! solid action with lots of variety! 9 out of 10! Excuse me, now i'm on to EP1 ;).
  23. MichielF.
    Oct 29, 2007
    By far the best game in the series. Better than Episode 1 and much, much better than Episode 2. E2 has way too many problems running on machines that it should run on! ! ! !
  24. FranzP.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Its one of the most impressive games ever!!!
  25. jACOB
    Oct 30, 2007
    This is the best game ever made for it's time it's revolutionary and is still in the top 3 best fps shooters ever next to bioshock and the classic doom =P but this is the best physics ever that I have seen and is absolutely amazing.Definitley worth the current 20$ or get in O.B(Orange box) not to mention gmod 9 or 10(10 bucks) witch requires this.
  26. pieman
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game rules,next to Halo it's my favorite game.There's plenty of mods for it such as Counter-Strike,Garry's Mod 10,The Ship and many more.This game has beautiful graphics and very tence at times.I remember Half-Life 2 coming out like it was yesterday,people still want it!Although Half-Life 1 was a big success i think Half-Life 2 is a bigger success.Lets hope for another This game rules,next to Halo it's my favorite game.There's plenty of mods for it such as Counter-Strike,Garry's Mod 10,The Ship and many more.This game has beautiful graphics and very tence at times.I remember Half-Life 2 coming out like it was yesterday,people still want it!Although Half-Life 1 was a big success i think Half-Life 2 is a bigger success.Lets hope for another Half-Life! Expand
  27. JoelF.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game is just amazing, even if you find one moment where you dont like the game, the next moment makes you regret thinking such blasphamey, MAKE A HALF LIFE 3
  28. DrakH.
    This game rules even tho it only takes me 6 hours to play trough :D
  29. RaulL.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Why are all enemis alike (example: all zombies have same clothes).
  30. TeodorIkonomov
    The Best Game Ever
  31. MathewP
    Nov 1, 2007
    This is the best game that played for years, it just impacted me, it is so damned funny.
  32. KoKel.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I always look for plot, and there is alot here. Awesome graphic detail, and the weapons are just too sweet.
  33. StuartW
    Nov 6, 2007
    Astoundingly good. The story, characters, and game play interact into an incredibly engrossing whole.
  34. AuhudyqG.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Greatest game ever. It never fails to capture your complete attention. Ravenholm map in particular has great atmosphere few Fps hope to achieve.
  35. NickG.
    Nov 8, 2007
    It is much better than Half Life 1. I like the plot and duration.
  36. JuhaszB.
    Nov 9, 2007
    It's the best game ever. One and only.
  37. StevenC.
    Nov 11, 2007
    I really love this game especially all the models,sharp details,sounds,graphics,and especially the blood man.The first time my 14 year old son played Ravenholme,freaked at it,seriously.
  38. GuiguiL.
    Nov 13, 2007
    The best game ! With Episode One and two, the saga is the best VideoGame Saga ever created !
  39. JimA.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Breathtaking. Superb. A masterpiece of the most epic proportions. While not flawless, the good FAR outweighs the bad. By far the greatest game I have ever played. I got it and played it once for PC when it came out, I got it in the PC version of the Orange Box and played it a second time, and I got it in the 360 version of the Orange Box and played it a third time. Never once in any of my Breathtaking. Superb. A masterpiece of the most epic proportions. While not flawless, the good FAR outweighs the bad. By far the greatest game I have ever played. I got it and played it once for PC when it came out, I got it in the PC version of the Orange Box and played it a second time, and I got it in the 360 version of the Orange Box and played it a third time. Never once in any of my three runs through the game, was I ever not astonished by the epic scale of this work of art. If you have not yet played Half Life 2, then I have but one question for you: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Expand
  40. CharlesS.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is the best game for ever! Anybody whatever say!
  41. ThomasP.
    Nov 16, 2007
    One of the best games, I´ve ever played.
  42. MartinO.
    Nov 16, 2007
    A fully enjoyable game, from graphics to gameplay. Difficult enough on easy to challenge, yet not make you want to pull your hair out. Excellent storyline. 10/10
  43. VianneyC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Half Life, since the first game, was innovator, i've never played a game like this before. It is a turnign point for the first person shooters.
  44. TiberiuC.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Revolutionary engine that still delivers in 2007. The game itself is like a good movie, only much better. Perfectly crafted and a worthy successor to Half-Life.
  45. Walladish
    Nov 23, 2007
    The game makes your world look borring and not funny but.. in HL2 its totally differint. Its making one curious and THIS world is much more exciting and interesting so, GO TO HELL "netjak"!
  46. EdC.
    Nov 23, 2007
    One of the most engrossing games ever. I was glued to my screen for hours straight. Although linear at times, the game has such a high variety of environments that it never ceased to bore me. The enemy AI, despite what some seem to say was extremely bad, I thought was pretty good. True, enemies were never really faced with complicated decisions of tactics and the like, but they did flank One of the most engrossing games ever. I was glued to my screen for hours straight. Although linear at times, the game has such a high variety of environments that it never ceased to bore me. The enemy AI, despite what some seem to say was extremely bad, I thought was pretty good. True, enemies were never really faced with complicated decisions of tactics and the like, but they did flank and use cover. And they didn't rush you blindly (unless they had a shotgun). I also liked the lack of ammo that kept you scrounging or finding new ways to make use of the gravity gun, which, by the way, is simply put the most ingenious weapon ever designed in a video-game. Lastly, the story was excellent. Without an engrossing story, even the best of games can get tedious. This was an almost cinematic story, dishing out plenty of plot twists, reslationships, character backgrounds, and was generally just a really well-implemented part of this game. Any interested should buy. Any uninterested should buy anyway. Expand
  47. FilipO.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Nothing special, really. Quite the disappointment actually. The puzzle were mediocre and the game itself was good - but not a masterpiece.
  48. BuckyD
    Nov 24, 2007
    If a game can make you forget that your playing a game, its a damn good game. This is one of those games.
  49. BradD.
    Nov 24, 2007
    A great game, takes you deep into the story line and gives a variety of killing options. One of the greatest FPS ive ever incountered.
  50. Mr.F.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Well, first let me dispell all of the zeroes below. Number one, this is most certainly not a Quake engine modification. Even if it were, the Quake engine is a very powerful one (see games like Nexuiz). Number two, the AI is rather low scale, but nothing like the crappy AI seen in Doom or Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The storyline is linear, yeah, but so are Portal's (clearly so), Well, first let me dispell all of the zeroes below. Number one, this is most certainly not a Quake engine modification. Even if it were, the Quake engine is a very powerful one (see games like Nexuiz). Number two, the AI is rather low scale, but nothing like the crappy AI seen in Doom or Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The storyline is linear, yeah, but so are Portal's (clearly so), Halo's and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic's plotlines. And they are still amazing games. The Source engine is probablyone of the most complex physics engines I've ever seen. Sim S.'s turn: Mabye gat a new computer, because Half-Life 2 loaded in under a minute on mine. I have an nVidia GeForce 7300 GT that runs C-S:S, Portal and HL2 with no problem. And if you are going to use a computer for gaming, at least make sure it fits the requirements. Christopher S.: Steam is one of the greatest gaming platforms I ever saw (Microsoft's Games for Windows -- LIVE is an utter piece of crap) and since I really don't have the space for CD's, it's convenient that I can just download my games after my annual system reformat.Trust me, playing the game at minimum graphics settings is not fun. If you have a load time of upwards of 2 minutes it's time to get a new computer, or at least upgrade your old, crappy Windows 2000 and/or Windows ME boxes with 128 megs of RAM and a *gasp* Pentuim III. GNU Gamer: get WINE, Cedega or VMware Fusion. Steam is Windows-only. Windows is, so far, the best and most widely-used platform on Earth. Want to make money? Either you overprice it and market it towards the "Alternitaves" (Mac) or make it a reasonable price and market it towards everyone else (Windows). Lord C.: UPDATE. 'Nuff said. AI S: Mabye you should have looked at the small print :MUST HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY GAME. Also, Steam is very widely-known and produced by Valve. Not third-party at all. Stop whining like a pussy and just do it already. You can even load Steam up in Offline mode to play the Single Player version offline. Take a little time to actually look at the Steam software. Madeline V.: Cheating is absolutlely unpreventable. Period. Even the VAC can't help that. It's what the VAC is for. If a server admin reports the person, then they get banned from playing Steam games online (they can still play 1P, but no MP for them). Look up the server admin's contact information and let them know. Kevin T.: All I have to say is, Portal and Counter-Srike: Source have to be a couple of the best games I've ever played. And they're both HL2 mods. Thomas G.: It's an FPS. It's hard to balance action witn puzzles (see the other end of the spectrum - Portal), so give Valve a break. Republican Skillz: HL2:E1 was incredible. Don't judge a game before it's even released, it makes you look like an idiot. Yves B.: Just... utter fail right there. That review didn't even have any actual, you know, review in it. Carmine R.: COD3 can't even begin to compare with this game. Ian F.: How old are you? For the target audience (16-year-old males) this game is incredible. If you think a game with killing is boring, then you need to see a psychologist. Sean War: Doom 3 didn't have the Source engine. The Steam engine takes up more hardware requirements, and you probably lowered your Video options. HL2 has far superior graphics to Doom 3 (like Quake had to Doom 1). Jim F.: New computer. Stop trying to install it on your crappy HP Pavillion (or whatever you have, obviously it's not working). Also, what is the point in even buying a game if you're only going to play it for three days, then mabye once every few monhs for a hour? Just wrong. Why, oh why does everyone compare this game to Far Cry?? All the CryENGINE has on Source is the damn plants! I mean, come on. The CryENGINE was made as a demo for the GeForce 3. It's old as hell. Expand
  51. ErnstR.
    Nov 26, 2007
    I think this is and will be the best and will shoot the rest!
  52. ToniD.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Gordon Freeman must survive... Only 10.
  53. BrettD.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Incredibly smart. Fascinating in it's ability to influence those around the character. Bone chilling twists of fate. The storyline is superb. The game is a must have for any gamers portfolio!
  54. LucasF.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Half-Life 2 is the base of new age of games. Half-Life history is perfect.
  55. ghaliboy
    Nov 28, 2007
    First of all, I love the 'ZOMG MAI PC JUST SPCD OVR RCMNDD BUT IT RUN LYK CRAP!$?:.. 0/10' You have a shite PC and the game will run like shite. I played HL2 Back when it came out but i then blew up my PC and lost my steam details and the cd as i moved house. I recently got Orange Box so i though i would play HL2 then Ep1 then Ep2 and i can say that without a doubt this is one First of all, I love the 'ZOMG MAI PC JUST SPCD OVR RCMNDD BUT IT RUN LYK CRAP!$?:.. 0/10' You have a shite PC and the game will run like shite. I played HL2 Back when it came out but i then blew up my PC and lost my steam details and the cd as i moved house. I recently got Orange Box so i though i would play HL2 then Ep1 then Ep2 and i can say that without a doubt this is one of the best story driven games i have ever played. Most of my mates who pan HL2 (and most games they play) will happily let me watch them play and i am constantly going oi wait up, look at that, i missed an enemy, see that valve over there turn it on and burn those guys, u missed those guys, burn that guy, stomp them.... and they just fly past the whole game, finish it in half a day and go 'ZOMG SHORTEST POS EVER IM SRS!$'... You need to play this game on medium or hard, make sure that you do your best not to die at all, look around at all the scenery and try not to rush through it. I would give it a 10 if maybe the npc animations werent a bit jagged and stiff. Superb game, huge reccomend from me, ignore all the low scores below. Expand
  56. VanB.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Probably one of the most innovative games out there. The Source Engine is a masterpiece. The HDR technology (which, sadly isn't used in this game) is beautiful, on a good computer of course. Graphics: 10 -Beautiful graphics, great physics. Awesome, even with a medium-high level graphics card. Although compared to current graphics technologies, it's a little rusty, but compared Probably one of the most innovative games out there. The Source Engine is a masterpiece. The HDR technology (which, sadly isn't used in this game) is beautiful, on a good computer of course. Graphics: 10 -Beautiful graphics, great physics. Awesome, even with a medium-high level graphics card. Although compared to current graphics technologies, it's a little rusty, but compared to 2004 graphics, it's amazing. Storyline: 8 -Great storyline, but I didn't really get sucked into it, but then again most FPS games have almost NO storyline at all. And if they do, it sucks. AI: 7 -I have to admit that this game's AI is kinda....stupid? But what would an FPS be if the AI is so smart that they do all the stuff for you? It's good enough, (at least they don't suicide) so stop whining. Gameplay: 10- I can't stress enough about the gameplay. It is absolutely amazing. Some parts are crazy, with bullets flying everywhere, complete chaos, but there are also many parts where its just you. Those parts are for you to calm down after a harrowing firefight. Many games don't have that, it's just fighting, fighting, and fighting. Too repetative. Of course, you'll need at least a mid-high level computer. If you don't, you can't fully appreciate the game. Trust me when I say this: Get a good graphics card. It will prepare you for when you get theHalf-Life 2 Episodes. Those have HDR technology (I think...) so if you want to play those, you'll need a good graphics card. Steam...Steam...Steam....everyone's complaining about it. To me it is one of the best ideas ever. Once you register your game, its yours forever. As always, there are hackers, but if you are smart with your account you should have no problems. Many times I lost a CD and the game is toast. But for this, all you do is register, and if you lose the CD, all you have to do is download it. It's very convenient. Great game. Great engine. Buy it. Or then again, buy the Orange Box. Expand
  57. scottm.
    Dec 3, 2007
    easily one of the best games i have ever had the luxury of playing. i do not see why people should rate this game low or not like it, people of (almost) all ages have enjoyed this game. and no matter who is playing it they have had an experience that doesnt occur too often in the video-gaming world today.
  58. NovalR.
    Dec 4, 2007
    I have played it a lot of times now, and it never gets boring. It's just the best game i've ever seen.
  59. AnnemarieBromlewe
    Dec 4, 2007
    So much detail,so much action, it's so amazing this game.
  60. RyanW.
    Dec 7, 2007
    If only I could give an 11 out of 10. Come on...this game could have survived on the gravity gun idea alone! The graphics and level design are only added bonuses.
  61. ÖnderB.
    Dec 10, 2007
    This game is the best game that I have ever played. It has a great storyline, great graphics, great technologies, great actions etc. I felt in game myself when I was playing it. I have never seen a pc game like Half-Life 2. Now, I am waiting for Half-Life 3. I hope it will be on my pc in the shortest time.
  62. RyukiM.
    Dec 12, 2007
    My opinion on this game: Gameplay: 10- The gameplay is superb,and if you are a persistent gamer you just might get addicted. Storyline: 9- The storyline unlike other games at least has meaning. But scenes of Gman's sudden appearances aren't too understandable. And in this game Gordon is running everywhere to get here and there. Physics: 9- The physics of the game is very My opinion on this game: Gameplay: 10- The gameplay is superb,and if you are a persistent gamer you just might get addicted. Storyline: 9- The storyline unlike other games at least has meaning. But scenes of Gman's sudden appearances aren't too understandable. And in this game Gordon is running everywhere to get here and there. Physics: 9- The physics of the game is very realistic. The only problem is that corpses in the game may pose weirdly. Injuries aren't something in this game either. Game Triggers: 10- The triggers do make sense and must be followed. Weapon Logics: 9- The weapons in the game have realistic movements and fire. But when used by A.I they reload faster: e.g although all ammo used, A.I reloads shotgun with only one bullet. Npc Body Language: 9- The npc's have very well developed movements. But they maybe be twitchy at times of pause. Game Secrets: 10- They are many hidden secrets within the game. Such as the trainyard outside Ravenholm. If you use noclip mode and go through the crashed train at the end of the trainyard, you will see Gman walking towards the back of another train and disappear around the corner. You'd do well to discover all game secrets. A.I: 7- The A.I are very cooperative and persistent, but they can be dumb sometimes. Flame Effects: 6- From front view the flame is very realistic. But if from a bird's eye, the fire is 2D. Even so..Half-Life 2 still is an entertaining game. Expand
  63. KillingM.
    Dec 13, 2007
    HL2 is the best game I've never played.
  64. JamesS.
    Dec 15, 2007
    A beautiful game with an immersive plotline and stunning graphics. The one flaw: teammate AI. "I'm coming with you, Freeman! You're not leaving without me, Freeman! Let me just get in your way, Freeman!" Other than that, excellent.
  65. KlemenK.
    Dec 19, 2007
    This is the best game ever! It has good AI, very good graphics and sound!
  66. ThadM
    Dec 19, 2007
    Best game ever made Bar maybe WoW its a undescribable gaming experience if you have not played this game buy it you will not regret it one thing that will annoy is the steam gaming platform but if your okay with waiting on longer load times then you will not be sad its playable over and over.
  67. samm.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Very, very good. Exciting and addictive, can be difficult in places, good physics.
  68. PatrickT.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Awsome game, really looking forward to Episode 3.
  69. SergioA.
    Dec 24, 2007
    The only thing I can say is: i can't wait for the movie, because the game is impossible to rating! Best Game made Ever!
  70. TeonisA
    Dec 26, 2007
    Anyone who give HL2 lower than a 9 out of 10, that includes you big name reviewers up there, is nothing more than a jealous Halo fan. HL2 is is a required in any Top 5 FPS list.
  71. JoeMiller
    Dec 27, 2007
    This is the best game ever. I nearly shit myself playing it.
  72. andrews.
    Dec 27, 2007
    The physics, the spirit, the militia, the monsters, the zombies - everything is perfect.
  73. Patrick
    Dec 29, 2007
    Great game period. My only problem is how linear it is, but then again most games are so theres not much to do about that. For only $20 right now if you don't have it you should get it. For all those people who complain about Steam in their review: SHUT UP! Maybe I should complain about Windows' viruses in my review because you need the Windows platform to play the game! Judge Great game period. My only problem is how linear it is, but then again most games are so theres not much to do about that. For only $20 right now if you don't have it you should get it. For all those people who complain about Steam in their review: SHUT UP! Maybe I should complain about Windows' viruses in my review because you need the Windows platform to play the game! Judge the game on how it plays not what it plays on. Expand
  74. BobR.
    Dec 29, 2007
    The most fun first person shooter ive had since return to castle wolfenstein. I cant get enough!
  75. LukeM.
    Dec 30, 2007
  76. fghfghfhhg
    Dec 30, 2007
    This is the only game worth buying, apart from Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Resident Evil.
  77. DannyM.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Incredible. Theres honestly not much more a game should have. Stunning graphics, incredible game play, and amazing events.
  78. markB
    Jan 1, 2008
    This is proof that a game with a good story is going to sell well. It has great graphics, but the story was even better. That is why this game will not be touched for a long time.
  79. andrewh.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This is the best game with the use of physics i have ever seen, action heavy but i can't wait for each puzzle in the game.
  80. barb3d
    Jan 3, 2008
    what a Awesome game, never played anything with such nice gameplay and graphics, it all sort of fits together perfectly. i was never really a fan of the half life series until i played this, the story was so interesting, I had no choice but to buy all the previous episodes and complete them, just to see what blackmesa and all the other twists were about, lol. totally gripping storylines, what a Awesome game, never played anything with such nice gameplay and graphics, it all sort of fits together perfectly. i was never really a fan of the half life series until i played this, the story was so interesting, I had no choice but to buy all the previous episodes and complete them, just to see what blackmesa and all the other twists were about, lol. totally gripping storylines, unbelivably addictive gameplay, graphics epic 10 out of 10 in my book. keep up the good work valve. Expand
  81. EmanuelKumlien
    Jan 3, 2008
    Best game ever. period.
  82. AndreasW.
    Jan 4, 2008
    For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember this game in jears. !!!! It's not just a game, it's HALF LIFE 2 !!!! Expand
  83. Danto
    Jan 6, 2008
    Amazing FPS game, story was sketchy in places but it owns most storylines, physics are great, gameplay is amazing, the enemy AI is fantastic, although rebel squads are pretty dumb (you could say it says alot about the average human compared to the combine). the only bone i have to pick with it is its horribly cumbersome installation process (3 years ago when i got it it took about 4 hours Amazing FPS game, story was sketchy in places but it owns most storylines, physics are great, gameplay is amazing, the enemy AI is fantastic, although rebel squads are pretty dumb (you could say it says alot about the average human compared to the combine). the only bone i have to pick with it is its horribly cumbersome installation process (3 years ago when i got it it took about 4 hours to install, alot of issues with installing it, even now my steam account is still doing things to piss me off) there are alot of load screens as well but, even with its flaws (of which there are hardly any) it still stands as one of the best singleplayer fps' of all time, to be frank i think it craps all over all halo games in terms of its singleplayer campaign, although each of those have kick ass multiplayer :) even its graphics engine still stands the test of time, sure there are newer and better ones but it still looks amazing, and episode 2 looked incredible as well, as in it was comparable to call of duty 4 (its shadowing system is still a bit average though) overall it truly was, and still is, one of the best games i have ever played Expand
  84. RetR.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Amazing.
  85. MichaelH.
    Jan 8, 2008
    This game packs a lethal punch to all other games out there that Are not made with as much skill and exuberance as this one.
  86. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Best FPS to date. I've played many FPS's and not many games have as good graphics, physics, AI, fun, level design, story, character development, ect. as Half-life 2, and absolutely NONE have all of these together as well as Half-life 2.
  87. EeroS.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Good looking, but pooring fps. Better story than most of fps, but not so good that I could say that it was even medicore.
  88. TeodorIkonomov
    Jan 13, 2008
    The Best Game Ever
  89. JohabiB.
    Jan 13, 2008
    This game is EPIC! The graphics are Nice!
  90. HNDHND
    Jan 16, 2008
    Lovely game with realy intaligent AI .Grafics is incredible. EXTRA GAME!!!
  91. YanoZ.
    Jan 19, 2008
    I was lucky enough to play this game back when it was still beta testing. The source engine amazed me as to the small amount of system resource it used yet to produce such astonishing graphics. Now that more advanced graphics engines that powers COD4 and Crysis are out, I'm looking forward to see the second generation of Source Engine to exceed the CryENGINE2.
  92. Bobbobbo
    Jan 20, 2008
    The best game I have ever played.
  93. DustinG.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Been playing games since I was a little kid on the first Doom. The Half-Life series is the first to introduce such an intriguing story line, and amazing game play. HL2 tops it off with badass physics and awesome AI.
  94. MeranH.
    Jan 25, 2008
    its the best reality game i have ever played. its more than a game, you must play to find out what i mean.
  95. MikeK.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Simply the best game ever. All game designers should take notes on how to tie up all aspects to gaming perfection.
  96. DominikK.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Like always, beauty of game, magnificient style, interesting like hell, addicting to everyone.... i want some more! ;) waiting to continue... like always.
  97. NicholasL
    Jan 29, 2008
    Half-life 2 is a really good game. The story is really great done and it's full of action. It's a little scary sometimes and you often get frustrated when you get stuck( but not much =P ) I give it a 9
  98. ZacharyM.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Very excellently made game, I haven't even beaten it and I think it deserves perfect. Nice job Valve!
  99. LukeM.
    Feb 6, 2008
  100. BrianA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    This game was absolutely addicting. Wonderful game play, gripping story, lots of intense fun!
  101. Jul 18, 2012
    All I can say is: Wow. Never in a game have I seen such unique storytelling, unique artstyle, and unique gameplay. The gameplay is excellent. The physics engine Source and the gravity gun are extremely fun to play with, the level design is spot on, the puzzles are consistent yet refreshing, the vehicle sections are a blast, and the shooting mechanics are solid. There wasn't a moment whereAll I can say is: Wow. Never in a game have I seen such unique storytelling, unique artstyle, and unique gameplay. The gameplay is excellent. The physics engine Source and the gravity gun are extremely fun to play with, the level design is spot on, the puzzles are consistent yet refreshing, the vehicle sections are a blast, and the shooting mechanics are solid. There wasn't a moment where things seemed repetitive or bland. The story, all viewed by speechless Gordon Freeman, the protagonist, is great. It is about Gordon Freeman's escape in City 17 where civilians are captured by the Combine (alien empire-type baddies) and areas are scattered with Headcrab zombies. He has a great female companion named Alex Vance who accompanies you in the adventure. Overall the story is brilliantly executed and is pretty damn awesome. There isn't any multiplayer, but this is a SP experience, and it is one of the best of its kind. Get this game as soon as you can (lol its been 8 years) because I kid you not it is one of the best FPS games you will ever come across. Collapse

3. Playboy