Half-Life 2 PC

9.2

1. Lars
    Jul 22, 2005
    Adam is a *****. "Yes, i was blown away by the game, but i give it a Zero because i don't like steam." I think youre supposed to rate the game, not the installation process.
  2. BobI.
    Aug 1, 2005
    The game is great but it is confusing at times given so little company support. I purchased the game from CompUSA and it came with no manual and a very small player Quick Reference Card. What makes it a great game is the depth of environmental control the player has. You do a lot more than shoot the enemy. You must use your environment to get out of predicaments. Whether it be using The game is great but it is confusing at times given so little company support. I purchased the game from CompUSA and it came with no manual and a very small player Quick Reference Card. What makes it a great game is the depth of environmental control the player has. You do a lot more than shoot the enemy. You must use your environment to get out of predicaments. Whether it be using gravity and pullies to get a ramp to move into place or operating a crane to move your vehicle, there are a variety of problems that go far beyond the shoot-em up experience. Graphics are excellent and play is not bad even on my mid-level system according to game recommendations. The story line is not always clear or even presented in depth but it is there. Battles get intense and require numerous re-loads that are slow at times. The use of Internet connectivity is not clear or explained so installing this on your computer and then registering leaves one feeling anxious about what goes on in the background both when playing and when not playing. As I said before support is weak from my experience. I sent an email to support asking some of these questions and received no reply. Expand
  3. GiancarloB.
    Sep 26, 2005
    game is the best. o ya and mr Sean War who said "gave it a0: Really repetitive, nothing changes, doesnt come close to doom 3 when it comes to graghics" doom 3 was the worst game ever it was just simply tarible. lacked a story ulike this one. unlike any other sequal to a game this one just blows ur mind away. game is great. the AI is great and the story contines to amaze me.
  4. MadsH.
    Oct 11, 2006
    This is the best singleplayer fps-shoot up, I've ever played no doubt to that! Keep em comming.. should I say 'Half life 3' ?
  5. JoeyR.
    Nov 10, 2006
    All I can say is wow! Truly AMAZING! Far Cry was my all time fav for sometime and didn't think a game would be better then it for a while but man, everything about This game is so sweat. Definitely a 10!
  6. AW
    Nov 16, 2006
    This game had breakthrough physics, and it was awesome watching the guys collapse or get tossed around like dolls. The gravity gun was a unique weapon and really drew away from mainstream guns put in games today. However, this game also failed in a lot of aspects. While the potential and hype was driven up after years of suspense and waiting, the game just did not deliver. Though it kept This game had breakthrough physics, and it was awesome watching the guys collapse or get tossed around like dolls. The gravity gun was a unique weapon and really drew away from mainstream guns put in games today. However, this game also failed in a lot of aspects. While the potential and hype was driven up after years of suspense and waiting, the game just did not deliver. Though it kept my attention long enough to finish the game, I just was not impressed by it. The levels were pretty cool, though the city did get a little old after a while. The haunted city was probably the best atmosphere created in the game. But here's the biggest kicker: The weapons SUCKED. Yes, though the grav gun was unique, I ended up not using it for much of the game, because there aren't always objects to pick up and launch at people. Instead, you are stuck with a bunch of the same boring weapons as the first game - WITHOUT the aliens weapons. The only new gun I can remember besides the grav gun is the other combat rifle that also has a powerful (but generally unused) secondary fire. The random bullet pathing did not make it any better as you often waste a lot of bullets firing any of the smg/rifles from a distance any other than what you'd call short (which is a lot of the game). The boring weapons combined with a so-so story line was not exhilirating in my book. Top it off with the same gameplay as the first game, and you've got HL2 - which had the potential to be so much more. Expand
  7. JonathanC.
    Jan 16, 2006
    Half Life 2 is a great game, but it is in no way the best FPS ever. Friendly AI is poor, as your fellow soldiers will die quickly; ant lions are more effective than humans. There is no sniper rifle (sorry, the crossbow doesn't count) so you end up wasting lots of ammo on enemies at even a medium distance. Even a Halo-style battle rifle would have been nice. There is no compass or Half Life 2 is a great game, but it is in no way the best FPS ever. Friendly AI is poor, as your fellow soldiers will die quickly; ant lions are more effective than humans. There is no sniper rifle (sorry, the crossbow doesn't count) so you end up wasting lots of ammo on enemies at even a medium distance. Even a Halo-style battle rifle would have been nice. There is no compass or map, so you can get disoriented, even though the game is very linear. However, the game does tons of stuff right. Great graphics, great sound. Firefights are varied and fun. Environments are highly detailed and the physics bring it to life like no other game can do (possible exceptions being FEAR and Far Cry). Fun vehicles. Solid characters and thought-provoking story. Overall, a must-play for action fans, and a big bright feather in Valve's cap. Expand
  8. Jamesje
    Oct 17, 2006
    This game rules... it has a great story line... I actually thought I was Gordon and the graphix... they jus BLOW YOU AWAY!
  9. Ryan
    Dec 26, 2006
    This is a great game played it many times and its still fun.
  10. HughieM.
    Oct 25, 2006
    The best game I have ever played. The only thing that surpasses it is Half-life given the year half-life was released.
  11. ShawnH.
    Jan 20, 2006
    I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll make it short and sweet. Great graphics, great sound, great game. The gravity gun is tons of fun. My son loved it when I "starfished" Combine soldiers by shooting them straight up in the air and watching them spin like a top. Also, shooting soldiers into energy streams and watching them somersault in slow I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll make it short and sweet. Great graphics, great sound, great game. The gravity gun is tons of fun. My son loved it when I "starfished" Combine soldiers by shooting them straight up in the air and watching them spin like a top. Also, shooting soldiers into energy streams and watching them somersault in slow motion was endlessly entertaining. The game ran fine on my system, which surprised me considering how detailed the graphics were. The ending was disappointing and was obviously designed to leave the door open for Half-Life 3. Expand
  12. LukeM.
    Dec 7, 2006
  13. ChrisC
    Dec 9, 2006
    I played it. I beat it. I loved it. I played it, again. I still loved it. I love this game. This is the best half life game I personally have seen yet. 11 out of 10.
  14. LukeM.
    Oct 31, 2006
  15. DavidW.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Simply the best FPS game around!
  16. FelipeA.
    Oct 9, 2006
    It starts a new age... It's just great!
  17. ChrisW.
    Feb 1, 2006
    This is the best game i have ever played. It starts you in a gritty city-without hope kinda scenario and keeps you locked in. The combat is amazing, and it REALLY steps up once you get the gravity gun. I would recommend this game to anyone, and if somone would pass the game up, they should be shot.
  18. GilbertM.
    Feb 22, 2006
    Dune 2. Doom. Command and Conquer. Monkey Island 2. Deus Ex. Every so often a game comes along that redefines the very concept of gaming, that goes beyond "a new benchmark for the genre" to become one of the greatest achievements in the history of the field of sick virtual reality video games. Rise and shine, Mr Freeman, rise and shine. Ignore anyone who's given this game a yellow Dune 2. Doom. Command and Conquer. Monkey Island 2. Deus Ex. Every so often a game comes along that redefines the very concept of gaming, that goes beyond "a new benchmark for the genre" to become one of the greatest achievements in the history of the field of sick virtual reality video games. Rise and shine, Mr Freeman, rise and shine. Ignore anyone who's given this game a yellow score, pour scorn on those who have given it red. This is, quite simply, the best game ever made up to this point. And I'm saying that with 512k of RAM, which makes the key responses occasionally act like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. If you thought the Aliens Vs Predator games were scary...you were right, but ten minutes in Ravenholm and you'll be begging for the chapter to end. The graphics are, of course, to die for - you can turn the detail down and it still looks like Jesus himself created the characters. The voice acting is brilliant - I have to give a quick nod to Valve for the subtitles and closed-captions...finally the deaf can enjoy Half-Life as much as the hearing can. Thanks for that. There is one, only one, downside, and it begins with S. There really is no way around it, but once you've got the game, you can apparently switch Steam off without downloading something claiming to be a crack which actually eats your computer from the inside like a tapeworm - have a look on Google for the tweak. Steam is the archetype of good intentions paving the road to Hell. But I choose not to mark the game down because of the ill-thought out delivery system. Half Life 2 is a landmark. It is to gaming what the Godfather Part II was to film. Wake up and smell the ashes. Expand
  19. KevinK.
    Mar 24, 2006
    I have yet to see anything come close to the source engine.
  20. HughM.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  21. AnthonyN.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Really good game!
  22. SamJ.
    Mar 26, 2006
    LOVE it!
  23. JoergS.
    Mar 26, 2006
    The best PC game I`ve ever played.
  24. AnonymousMC
    Mar 27, 2006
    This is the absolute best game ever created. Even if the graphics are slightly dated by now, the game is beautiful. The story is awesome, the sound is incredible in the gameplay is just amazing. Anyone who owns a PC that can play HL2 has to buy this game, I will Chuck Norris karate kick you if you don't. Peace out nuks.
  25. DelaneyS.
    Mar 28, 2006
    BEST GAME EVER! Seriously. The physics engine...amazing! The AI...amazing! The hours of game time...amazing! This game will keep you glued to your computer with hours of fun on end + an amizing fan base with hundreds of great mods. WOW!
  26. DavidR.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Best played with 256m graphics card, well worth the play. 10 out of 10.
  27. DavidH.
    Mar 29, 2006
    This is simply a masterpiece, bettering even the first Half-Life. It's practically faultless, and endlessly varying and truly mesmerising experience. The best videogame ever made.
  28. ImpA.
    Mar 29, 2006
    The best gameplay, graphics and story seen in a computergame since the 90's. You play the story.. the shooting is also nice but is not the main gaol.. the gaol is to finish the story.. not only to shoot. Many shoot 'em up game fail on this point.
  29. AndrewD.
    Apr 14, 2006
    The best game ever, granted a long wait, but worht every heart-breaking seconfd of it.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2006
    I will agree with some of the critics of HL2 that it doesn't break a ton of new ground in terms of gameplay. Honestly, though, that's really kind of a side issue because the game is so immersive, that it makes up for any and all other shortcomings. It simply has one of the most compelling and immersive storylines that I've ever seen in a video game. It puts most modernI will agree with some of the critics of HL2 that it doesn't break a ton of new ground in terms of gameplay. Honestly, though, that's really kind of a side issue because the game is so immersive, that it makes up for any and all other shortcomings. It simply has one of the most compelling and immersive storylines that I've ever seen in a video game. It puts most modern Hollywood movies to shame really; it's a video game epic. Expand
  31. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2006
    Excellent, a very great game, love the graphics, the physics, gameplay, and you dont even need a really good game to play it... (I.E Far cry and doom3). I didnt like steam at first, but after a year, it kinda grows on you, you just gotta deal with it, because it looks like thats how games will be distributed in the future... anyhow, great game, cant wait for the expansion (theExcellent, a very great game, love the graphics, the physics, gameplay, and you dont even need a really good game to play it... (I.E Far cry and doom3). I didnt like steam at first, but after a year, it kinda grows on you, you just gotta deal with it, because it looks like thats how games will be distributed in the future... anyhow, great game, cant wait for the expansion (the counter-strike source added to it is very nice as well, spend many hours on that) I rate it a 10 on 10! Expand
  32. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2006
    Half Life 2 is a great game, for the people who think that Steam is "bs", it's a very good thing as long as it works. I wouldn't give the game a 0 because Steam didn't install at first, but you would have given the game itself a 10...

There are so many modifications for Half Life 2 popping up, most of them are free too! This game should be owned by every Half-Life fan in my oppinion.

There are many many games where you have to wait a long time for things to load, but it's your computer that makes it so slow. Just get an upgrade as you probably need one to experience the game in its full beauty.
  33. M.W.
    May 10, 2006
    A superb game. I'd knock the score down for the installation which is a pain, but i'm rating the game itself here which, when it all comes down to it, is near enough perfect. A good storyline, interesting characters and great gameplay are certainly enough to secure a 10 from me.
  34. Baby-stealingdingo
    May 13, 2006
    In response to the more reasonable critics: HALO was hyped. HL2 is not. The story is a continuation of HL1, and the ending is meant to be a cliff-hanger. There are more episodes on the way. What FPS does not have a basically linear story? If you want an RPG, go buy an RPG. Problems with Steam/load times/installation: get a better machine. Too easy: turn up the difficulty. That's what In response to the more reasonable critics: HALO was hyped. HL2 is not. The story is a continuation of HL1, and the ending is meant to be a cliff-hanger. There are more episodes on the way. What FPS does not have a basically linear story? If you want an RPG, go buy an RPG. Problems with Steam/load times/installation: get a better machine. Too easy: turn up the difficulty. That's what the slider is there for. Call of Duty, Doom 3 and Far Cry are better: Justify it. Doom 3 consists of walking around in darkness waiting for a demon to jump out of a closet at you. There is no strategy. Far Cry is a great game but that doesn't mean HL2 needs to be rated 0. Call of Duty I & II? Again, great games but not any better than HL2. A final note, the online play for HL2 is outstanding; deathmatch, counter strike are well supported and have tons of players and maps. The tool kit included with HL2 is excellent, as is the map builder. Expand
  35. Richard
    May 14, 2006
    It's one of the best games I ever played! One the one Hand has it a good graphik and a good sound. On the oter Hand the game is running on many computer, cause it hasen't high requirements. And the last cause is that the game is never boring.
  36. ShaneC.
    May 15, 2006
    I would honestly say that this game has the best gameplay and physics of environment out of any game that I have ever gotten a chance to become addicted to.
  37. SpidyB.
    May 16, 2006
    its almost an perfict game and to play it its al fun and an good story in the game zo it is one of the best games till now.
  38. NIckR.
    May 17, 2006
    This game was amazing when it came out and is still at the top of the game 2 years after its release.
  39. NathanS.
    May 21, 2006
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  40. BenW.
    May 21, 2006
    great game. i love it. great facial and bodily movements. i love how when you finish a puzzle it makes you (think) you're smart.
  41. MasterN.
    May 24, 2006
    It's the best game I ever played, i have a worse Cpu(celeron 2.4 Ghz 133 Fsb 128 Mb Cache) and the game just plays well on the highest resolution and texture filter. It's the best programmed game i ever played. Physik engine is perfect, lightning effects are perfect and everything in the game is perfect. A Thanks, programming this game, for the Valve-team.
  42. LukeM.
    May 28, 2006
  43. MagnusT.
    May 28, 2006
    Splendid graphics, the best physics you have ever seen in a game, uncompromising audio and an amazing story mode to back it up. The game was a little too easy for any standard, but that small falice can be overlooked when faced with this, the undoubtedly best game in FPS history to date.
  44. LukeM.
    May 31, 2006
  45. MathewO.
    May 30, 2006
    Best. Game. Ever. It has physics, great storyline, stunning graphics and great gameplay. I can't get bored of this game!
  46. LukeM.
    May 30, 2006
  47. ChrisS.
    May 5, 2006
    I can't think of a game I've ever enjoyed as much as this! Some people complain about the teammate AI. Though it isn't perfect, it's really not that bad, plus you rarely have a teammate! And to those of you who whine about it being linear. You know what? Sometimes, linear isn't bad! With a storyline as interesting as HL2's, I'm more than happy to follow a path.
  48. AlexB.
    May 6, 2006
    Brilliant, worth the extra wait. worth the cash.
  49. RS
    May 6, 2006
    Half-Life 2 is an Interactive-Cinematic masterpiece. Valve has done a great job of populating the game with an extensive library of detailed sounds, rich textures, high-quality animations, and excellent scripting tools which all compliment a trully engaging storyline. Half-Life 2 will stand the test of time.
  50. AlexDeLand
    May 6, 2006
    This game is absolutely amazing. I love all of the detail that was put into this game. It really makes a difference.
  51. AdamL
    May 6, 2006
    This game was amazing, all the comments that say that this game was horrible, stupid, etc. they are dumbasses. seriously. They are being stupid, they are pointing out all the flaws in this game. Of course the AI isn't perfect, its a game. Those peopl who say that the ending was stupid and dropped off, its meant to. If you know anything about half life or half life 2, you'll This game was amazing, all the comments that say that this game was horrible, stupid, etc. they are dumbasses. seriously. They are being stupid, they are pointing out all the flaws in this game. Of course the AI isn't perfect, its a game. Those peopl who say that the ending was stupid and dropped off, its meant to. If you know anything about half life or half life 2, you'll understand that it's meant to be this way. People have dedicated years into make this an awesome game and it still is one. Compare all the negative reviews to the positive, you'll see how good this game really is. It is amazingly good, not to mention has a ton of mods out there so you get around 100 games in one. and most of them are actually good, rather then the crap that lots of other modders put out for other games. I have to say that the story is slightly liniar, but the amazing fights and battles make up for it. It is an intense game. Maybe those people who gave it negative reviews should try it on some other mode then easy, maybe that'll make the game more fun, when there is actually a challange. Expand
  52. AndrewF.
    May 6, 2006
    Even though this new company, valve, has been known for their delays, they still offer quality material. And to me, that is well worth the wait. I would much rather wait 6 months then to continue to play some of these games that have been rushed together that would have had so much potential. Valve stepped up to the plate and offered an amazing AI just like their first release. Sound, Even though this new company, valve, has been known for their delays, they still offer quality material. And to me, that is well worth the wait. I would much rather wait 6 months then to continue to play some of these games that have been rushed together that would have had so much potential. Valve stepped up to the plate and offered an amazing AI just like their first release. Sound, graphics, and replay value all met my expectations. The question is what will their new engine produce in multiplayer. Expand
  53. ChrisE.
    May 6, 2006
    This is one of my favorite games of all time if there was a 9.8 score I'd give it that but the game wasnt PERFECT but sure damned close to it....I LOVE THIS GAME....Good Job Valve! :)
  54. Bobbobbo
    May 6, 2006
    The best game I have ever played.
  55. JosaihB.
    May 6, 2006
    About the game missing an easy-hard scale, what the heck man, it has one (easy, medium, hard). Great game, one of the best ever, makes games like Halo 2 that promise so much look like last nights dinner.
  56. RossH.
    May 6, 2006
    Thought the graphics and physics were incredable for a game. However, i dont think valve worked hard enough on the gameplay and storyline such as on hl1, every level was something interesting. hl2 is to predictable in most cases.
  57. JoeK.
    GREAT GAME!
  58. PeterSellers
    May 6, 2006
    Probally the best single player game ever, it ecells in all areas and comes with free down loading of other great games. And the Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator (gravity Gun) is the coolest weapon of any video game ever. Up yours Halo
  59. DanieRossi
    May 7, 2006
    é il miglior gioco che abbia mai visto... unico problema è che dura poco.
  60. GinFish
    Virtual perfection.
  61. Quincunx
    May 7, 2006
    Amazing game, I stills say Half-Life 1 was the best of all time, but this is great.
  62. MorrisS.
    May 7, 2006
    This game is totally awesome... from beginning till end perfect.. intelligent enemies, nice story an the best graphics ever 10/10.
  63. MauriceJ>
    May 7, 2006
    Nice game i loved to play the game many times.
  64. Z.B.
    May 8, 2006
    Very good climax, storyline and even better graphics. Small levels are still a bit annoying (especially at earlier parts of game). Weapons could be more realistic (sounds, weight). Almost as dragin in as 1 HL.
  65. BenH.
    May 8, 2006
    Quite possibly the most intense game and best graphics I've ever seen.
  66. SeanB.
    May 8, 2006
    this game is so good i though that half life 1 was a good game but when i bought this it is so good and this is y i vote it 10 out 10 no 12 infact its that good.
  67. IanM.
    May 8, 2006
    Awesome visual work. Great interactive enviornments and great story line.
  68. SamJ.
    LOVE it!
  69. MattM.
    May 8, 2006
    Amazing game, great story line, good gameplay great graphics, a fitting sequal!
  70. AndreK.
    May 9, 2006
    Breathtaking Action and wonderfull detailed Graphics made me rate this Game 10. Good work Valve.
  71. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2006
    Very much enjoyed this game. i play the single player over and over. what i like about it is the Physics system where you have to think about the puzzles and put counter weights in to get past the next area. things i dont care for is 1 the AI Pathing for the Npc they seem to get in the way.
  72. MattiasL.
    Jun 1, 2006
    This game has great graphics, good use of ram, has great mods - It totally rocks.
  73. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 10, 2006
    The Best Game Ever
  74. MarcoC.
    Jun 16, 2006
    It's a good game. I play it with all full graphic details, and it's nice to watch. The water and the sky are really well done, and the HDR is there!
  75. AdamD.
    Jun 17, 2006
    this game is brilliant. hands down. valve is once again masters in their craft. valve holds such a high standard for the games they make, and it shows here in this game. it takes the original and kicks it in the ass and tells it to go home. it does the same to most shooters for that matter.
  76. LukeM.
    Jun 23, 2006
  77. ScottC.
    Jun 23, 2006
    Great game. if you dont play it you deserve all bad that comes to you, you Tibia loser.
  78. MathewM.
    Jun 28, 2006
    AMAZING grafficts, outstanding player animations, and Lighting, and the source engine added some of the best effects I have ever seen in a PC game.
  79. AnonymousMC
    Jun 29, 2006
    HL2 is the most realistic game released on the Pc today, i know ive got all the others. For all those people that gave this a bad score your just being noobs cause you have a crap computer, I can run HL2 on full graphics and the experiance is amazing. I also didnt encounter any glitches or stuff ups in the later levels of the game as i think one person said. I do admit thought valve doesHL2 is the most realistic game released on the Pc today, i know ive got all the others. For all those people that gave this a bad score your just being noobs cause you have a crap computer, I can run HL2 on full graphics and the experiance is amazing. I also didnt encounter any glitches or stuff ups in the later levels of the game as i think one person said. I do admit thought valve does have bad support for there users, a friend of mine forgot his password and he done everything valve told him to on there website and they didnt help him at all which in my books is pretty shocking when you hav all the information other than the password. Expand
  80. J4Y123
    Jun 3, 2006
    I would rate it 20/10 if i could, the only problem with the game was "Steam." When i bought the game i was so Pis**d Off because i could not play it because i did not have the internet at the time so i installed it on someone else's computer to play it, later to find out they didn't have a good enough graphics card so that didn't help. Then eventually i got the internet and I would rate it 20/10 if i could, the only problem with the game was "Steam." When i bought the game i was so Pis**d Off because i could not play it because i did not have the internet at the time so i installed it on someone else's computer to play it, later to find out they didn't have a good enough graphics card so that didn't help. Then eventually i got the internet and the i still couldnt play it because the disc was already registered to another comp. and user >:( in order for me to play it i had to send it away to get checked etc.. and i just really couldn't be bothered. So i went out and bought it for the Xbox to find out that it was the best game i had ever played :) so i had to get it for the pc because i was soon to be selling my xbox so i could get an Xbox 360 and this is one game i have to have. So once i bought it AGAIN for the pc if ound out it was even better than the xbox version, the graphics and lightig was practically twice as good and the physics engine etc. Expand
  81. AnonymousMC
    Jun 30, 2006
    Ok first off, Half-life and Half-life 2 come from two different generations of gaming. Second, this game has awesome weapon effects, graphics, realism, and a way to create a story linking two games together coming from different backgrounds. Third, it has a short storyline only because people don't take time to know the enemy before you kill them. "They" are intellegent AI if you letOk first off, Half-life and Half-life 2 come from two different generations of gaming. Second, this game has awesome weapon effects, graphics, realism, and a way to create a story linking two games together coming from different backgrounds. Third, it has a short storyline only because people don't take time to know the enemy before you kill them. "They" are intellegent AI if you let them challenge you, that means you can mess around and not rush through the game waiting for it to throw fun at you and while its better to try and "make fun" of it. Fourth, Steam is hard for impatient people who blame it for ruining the game (same as taking the trash out after you pressed pause). Don't blame Steam for something that is supposed to help your game and that only time can solve, come on, you can wait, we all did, jeez I think it annoyed everyone who didn't buy it on Steam. Bugs were there because updates can later to fix them. Hardware problems are the users fault. And five Farcry puts everything in front of you because the user is scripted to do that (if you know what I mean), I know, I have that game, its fun only because I made it fun for me (Logically, something is fun if you allow it to or fun know matter what, then you know its awesome). Last but not least Doom 3 is cool and really fun to kill demons with a simple shotgun, I went through it on veteran and nightmare mode cuz its hilarious how its only a shotgun but get serious guys, you are asking for another game toooo... be like another game. Single them out and listen to yourselves. They both have great ancestors, especially Doom but in the end, they both share a common trait: Evolution and Revolution to a gaming experience that in the end challenged gamers and was fun (if they let it). Last but not least, for the people disapointed with the end of the game, two short things: 1you beat the main bad guy and that should be it, but it ends right there leaving off for another time after anymore Half-life 2 episodes all the way to another generation plus technology advances make it seem not that far off. 2its supposed to end if you gave a sh-- or not if you like it or not. Those of you who like putting down the game for reasons of they try or rip off just should realize the fact that all game companies do that but you aren't looking at the fact that products are made because fans have requested them or just want to show pride and the trademark makes money because money and passion go hand in hand. If what I am ending this is just to logical or too much for an explanation, then realize that some people are just saying stupid complaints and so this is their stupid answer(s) and a put down to them for being idiots and in every way a stupid moron for opening their slow unreasonable unthinking mind that should try to find a school that teaches advanced ways to look at morals and common sense before they embarass themselves on the internet. If you think I am doing that right now you either are one of them or are reading a message for someone else of a really low level of society (mind-wise because they don't know how to use it). In the end I will return to the real reason for this post before I dig to much into a hole that is actually a loop in human nature: point-reason-granted reason-back to first one. I will just say that his game is so awesome and I am glad I got this game which behind its awesome graphics and simple creation that some people don't realize was actually easy to make but the problem was that Valve couold have made a complex game with better whatever or stoop to easy-to-use technology and create an equally awesome game that still would have gotten the rate of 10's and 0's no matter what audience it came too. I am glad to be a Half-life fan and I am glad I spent 3 hours setting it up and go back and play it and test the physics to its limits no matter what cost game crash or pointless venture. This game gets a better rating than Halo (95) to both Half-lifes (96) (except for episode 2 because people saw that it should be that way and plus (a litle offtopic) the fans/fanatics ruined it almost like counter-strike. This game deserves a better audience just like some other games do but who can help something so natural anyway. Expand
  82. MarcoP.
    Jun 3, 2006
    The game is beautiful under all aspects but the italian language isn't perfect.
  83. Zero
    Jun 5, 2006
    the level of detail is carefully precise and astoundingly in-depth. when played on a wicked system, this game is nothing less than impressive. gameplay and AI both flow very well and the game is quite long enough without ever getting boring, i've only beat it twice.
  84. MarcO.
    Jun 7, 2006
    The fact that HL2 can have mods attach to it gives it a big boost. This is the greatest game in history.
  85. TaylorB.
    Jun 7, 2006
    Excellent game. I've seen all these few negative reviews saying that the story sucks and the a.i. is horrible. You people dont know what youre talking about. The a.i. is the best out there, and i have yet to find a better story or better interaction with the characters. it has the best physics of any game out there, and while the weapons arent the best, the gravity gun is fun. as for Excellent game. I've seen all these few negative reviews saying that the story sucks and the a.i. is horrible. You people dont know what youre talking about. The a.i. is the best out there, and i have yet to find a better story or better interaction with the characters. it has the best physics of any game out there, and while the weapons arent the best, the gravity gun is fun. as for steam, i dont have a problem with it. True fans of half-life 1 will givei it at least a 9. Expand
  86. KevinJ.
    Jun 9, 2006
    Awsome game! The first time I played it, I was lost in the story and played for hours. Scalable engine makes this game good on even budgeted systems, yet is one of the best looking games out there.
  87. willmaster510
    Jul 10, 2006
    this is the best 1st person shooter on PC I ever played .this game is way better than halo or gta its sweest damn game I ever played way to go velve And sierra.
  88. LukeM.
    Jul 13, 2006
  89. RobertA.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Best game to date. The engine is amazing.
  90. TomJ.
    Jul 19, 2006
    This game is great; it twists in both amazing graphics with amazing gameplay. Something many other games fail to accomplish.
  91. AnonymousMC
    Jul 2, 2006
    Some parts were extremely annoying, and the ending was not that great, but left for a sequel (the episodes). Some parts, especially the airboat ride, are incredibly well done. The controls are fluid and the graphics are spectacular. All this, combined with the surround sound (I HIGHLY recommend headphones) immerse the player in a game full of emotion, problem-solving, ass-kicking, andSome parts were extremely annoying, and the ending was not that great, but left for a sequel (the episodes). Some parts, especially the airboat ride, are incredibly well done. The controls are fluid and the graphics are spectacular. All this, combined with the surround sound (I HIGHLY recommend headphones) immerse the player in a game full of emotion, problem-solving, ass-kicking, and interaction beyond almost anything I've ever seen. Expand
  92. MarkS.
    Jul 24, 2006
    this game is awesome, you gotta get it, the physics, the models, the skins, details, graphics, action, puzzles, everything, gotta get it.
  93. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2006
    One of the best games i have ever played. i am now on my forth play throught of the game an still loving it. the one thing that severly ruins the whole experience is STEAM.
  94. RetR.
    Jul 4, 2006
    Amazing.
  95. KrestenM.
    Jul 5, 2006
    One of the best games ever made. Genious gameplay, super stunning graphics, great sounds, and good multiplayer games afterwards. Totally a masterpiece!
  96. AnsonG.
    Jul 6, 2006
    HL2 is the best 1st person shooter on PC i ever played. The graphics and display was amazing and gameplay was well-designed. Come on, why not like this game? This game was a famous they ever created. For those who gave below 3 u just moaning because u havent play Half-Life(1998) or u have a crap computer. So why u guys judged already? Do u know what is the story happened at previous HL2 is the best 1st person shooter on PC i ever played. The graphics and display was amazing and gameplay was well-designed. Come on, why not like this game? This game was a famous they ever created. For those who gave below 3 u just moaning because u havent play Half-Life(1998) or u have a crap computer. So why u guys judged already? Do u know what is the story happened at previous Half-Life(1998)? Do u know how many weapons? And do u know what happened to the ending? So please STOP moaning. This game is probably is a best and should buy this one. Expand
  97. CalebH.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Outstanding graphics, good plot line. solid atmosphere.
  98. CorpseFactory
    Aug 10, 2006
    A must have. The graphics are spectacular and and the unrivaled physics make this truly immersive. Add in a gripping storyline with loads of cool moments (using a crane to pick up a truck and drop it on your enemies) and you have a masterpiece
  99. Cr0ssCr0ss
    Aug 14, 2006
    This is the best game of the world!
  100. CodyM.
    Aug 15, 2006
    half-life 2 is the single most entertaing exelerating amazing cool wowing 100% perfect game out there it is my best and favorite game i own.

3. Playboy