Half-Life 2 PC

9.1

1. Aug 28, 2016
    The second best game ever. Excuse me for my English, i am from Venezuela, but this game is, is ¡AMAZING!, the graphics, the history, the game-play, the innovation. This game is indescribable. The best game is Half Life, but this is almost as great like the first game. I love this game. The only bad thing is the soundtrack, is good but it is rare, but i like it. I played this game in 2005,The second best game ever. Excuse me for my English, i am from Venezuela, but this game is, is ¡AMAZING!, the graphics, the history, the game-play, the innovation. This game is indescribable. The best game is Half Life, but this is almost as great like the first game. I love this game. The only bad thing is the soundtrack, is good but it is rare, but i like it. I played this game in 2005, because i had no money in that year (2004), i went to the E3 2003 and i saw, the game. Still i play this game. I don't like the new games, 2010-present, i miss you, 2004. Today, when i see the games, i only see graphics, nothing of innovation, and those things, i wish that Valve will do Half- Life 3, but that never happened.

The good: the graphics, the game-play, the history, the soundtrack.

The bad: The soundtrack is rare.

The ugly: no sequel (Half-Life 3), or (EP3)
  2. Aug 23, 2016
    Great game for the year 2004
    But i dont recommend it at year 2016...
    It has nice puzzles and new features but it will become boring over time...
    U cant play it constantly for 5 hours cause your mind will burst
  3. Aug 20, 2016
    My second favourite game of all time.

- Silent Hill 2
    - The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time
    - Super Mario 64
    - God of War 2
  4. Aug 20, 2016
    The benchmark of gaming by which I judge all others. Playing this is a transcendent experience. One of the greatest science fiction worlds ever created.
  5. Aug 18, 2016
    [PT-BR] Half-Life 1 provocou grande eco nos mundos jogos sendo o primeiro jogo de ficção cientifica em Real 3D. 5 anos depois a Valve surpreende todo mundo com o primeiro jogo com fisica real. A primeira reação dos criticos foi que o jogo poderia ser um fracasso, pois nenhum computador comum consiguia rodar o jogo em 30 fps. Mas isso não foi nenhuma dificuldade para os computadores do ano[PT-BR] Half-Life 1 provocou grande eco nos mundos jogos sendo o primeiro jogo de ficção cientifica em Real 3D. 5 anos depois a Valve surpreende todo mundo com o primeiro jogo com fisica real. A primeira reação dos criticos foi que o jogo poderia ser um fracasso, pois nenhum computador comum consiguia rodar o jogo em 30 fps. Mas isso não foi nenhuma dificuldade para os computadores do ano seguinte e Half-Life trouxe grande repercusão pela fisica, jogabilidade muito leve, e uma direção de arte Steampunk jamais vista no mundo dos jogos. Seu motor grafico é utilizado até hoje, como por exemplo, em Counter-Strike: Global Offensive e até jogos sem ser da Valve (como TitanFall,Left 4 Dead e outros). O ponto mais fraco do jogo é que ele se tornou mais fácil do que seu antecessor, além de um pouco menos capitulos. Expand
  6. Aug 11, 2016
    This is by far the greatest FPS of all time and the most brilliant game ever designed by Valve
    just replayed it for the, let's say, 100th time today and yet i was surprised by how innovative and mind-blowing an FPS experience can be!
    remember, the game was released in 2004 when almost every other FPS title out there was a replica of Doom! the level design is great music, simply
    the level design is great
    music, simply pleasing to the ears
    dialogues, humorous
    characters, lovely and utterly believable
    weapons, standard-defining (especially loved the .357 Magnum)
    enemies, not so much varied but otherwise greatly designed and implemented into the game design
    and
    "Gordon Freeman", the most reserved yet lovable protagonist of the video game history, and perhaps the first MIT graduate to feature in a game :D
    if you like games (FPS in particular), do not dare to miss this masterpiece!
  7. Jul 31, 2016
    An innovative FPS. Amazing level design, fun gameplay, a variety of weapons, with good storytelling to boot. If you like FPS's, you can't miss Half Life 2.
  8. Jul 12, 2016
    Half Life 2 is definitely the standard of FPS we should all follow and the engine is astonishing for 2004 and even 2016. Amazing story telling and great immersion, although I find the game to have no replay value after the end. The game is amazing all the way through but I would've definitely loved to put more hours into this game if it had some form of end game objective or tasks that canHalf Life 2 is definitely the standard of FPS we should all follow and the engine is astonishing for 2004 and even 2016. Amazing story telling and great immersion, although I find the game to have no replay value after the end. The game is amazing all the way through but I would've definitely loved to put more hours into this game if it had some form of end game objective or tasks that can be only done after you complete the game. All in all thats quite a small negative to quite a astonishing game. And for $10, this is definitely bang for your buck. Expand
  9. Jun 22, 2016
    An absolute video game masterpiece! Half-Life 2 expands upon the events of the first Half-Life and adds more amazing and mysterious story, scarier and colossal enemies, memorable characters, fun vehicles, and let's not forget that badass Gravity Gun! The sequels are just calling to you after you finish the game's story and are left hanging, the only way to know more about the story, playAn absolute video game masterpiece! Half-Life 2 expands upon the events of the first Half-Life and adds more amazing and mysterious story, scarier and colossal enemies, memorable characters, fun vehicles, and let's not forget that badass Gravity Gun! The sequels are just calling to you after you finish the game's story and are left hanging, the only way to know more about the story, play the sequels. A must play and own sequel for every Half-Life fan out there! Expand
  10. Jun 8, 2016
    This is one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best. The story is awesome, the gameplay is awesome, the guns are awesome, the learning curve is awesome, the characters are awesome, the level design is GREAT. This game was -and is- revolutionary, and a true masterpiece. Best PC game ever.
  11. Jun 8, 2016
    То чувство когда на двору 2016 год твой комп тянет GTA 5 а ты играешь в Half-life,ну что сказать игра на века,рассуждать о том насколько эта игра хороша все равно нет смысла все это знают.
  12. May 28, 2016
    If the original Half-Life wasn't monumental enough, Half-Life 2 takes the best of what made Half-Life so amazing and gave it a modern update with a new graphic/gameplay engine. Excellent story, excellent graphics and gameplay, and overall an incredibly engaging experience.
  13. May 25, 2016
    Just buy this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. May 19, 2016
    What can be said about this game that hasn't been said already? I played this for the first time in 2013 and it completely blew me away. The atmosphere, the smooth (and I mean it when I say smooth) gameplay, the diverse characters and enemies, the physics puzzles, the environment in general, the story, the set pieces! I could go on and on, as a matter of fact, so many have done just thatWhat can be said about this game that hasn't been said already? I played this for the first time in 2013 and it completely blew me away. The atmosphere, the smooth (and I mean it when I say smooth) gameplay, the diverse characters and enemies, the physics puzzles, the environment in general, the story, the set pieces! I could go on and on, as a matter of fact, so many have done just that on metacritic and, well, anywhere else. Also, for a game made in 2004, these graphics are SUPERB.
    Don't get me wrong, if you are unfortunate enough to still not have played this software, when you do, it should be easy to see it is a masterpiece. The big bad shooters of today have got their own thing going on. Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and such are okay, but to be honest, when I play these games I don't really care about the game itself. It just doesn't seem fun to me. They just don't seem to possess that pizzazz that half life 2 carries. And really, to me, how fun it is is a pretty damn important part of a game.
    Still don't agree? Okay. Not every single person is going to enjoy the same game. But I must say, the half life series, in addition to most if not all of Valve's other well-known games, definitely deserves the massive fanbase that it has. Half life 2 has left a permanent mark on the history of video games and will be remembered for a very, very long time.
  15. May 17, 2016
    To all the negative reviews: I'm tired of reading "over-hyped" "why is this game so hyped" "blah, blah". It's simple. The game was released twelve years ago. If you played the game when it was released you would understand why is this game so "hyped". It was the best thing ever back in the day. It's just like watching the first Star Wars movie today, for the first time... you have to thinkTo all the negative reviews: I'm tired of reading "over-hyped" "why is this game so hyped" "blah, blah". It's simple. The game was released twelve years ago. If you played the game when it was released you would understand why is this game so "hyped". It was the best thing ever back in the day. It's just like watching the first Star Wars movie today, for the first time... you have to think how the people felt in the seventhies when that movie came out. Expand
  16. May 10, 2016
    Half Life 2 just might be one the most influential games in the entire video game industry, with it's amazingly rich story, great gameplay, and unforgettable characters. This game definitely lives up to its predecessor and still has aged well even after almost 12 years! I definitely think it's worth 20 dollars and one of my favorite video games.
  17. Apr 13, 2016
    Nuevamente debo decir:"woaaa". Es primera vez que juego el half-life 2(2014) y debo decir que es un juego increíble. Contextualizando que es del 2004, las gráficas son estupendas, las texturas increíbles, la jugabilidad impresionante. Una obra excelente que ha envejecido muy bien. Muy buen juego al gran nivel que también tuvo half-life. De verdad espero que salga pronto hl3.

18. Apr 5, 2016
    don't get people rating the game mixed, more then 10 years after it got released,
    this was a revolution when it came out, although not as good as half life 1, this still deserves a 10.
    great level design, enemies and classic shooter gameplay.
  19. Apr 1, 2016
    I walked into Half-Life 2 not knowing what to expect but believe me it exceeds expectations. Graphics are stunning they blow me away 12 years on. The story is so good It kept me hooked from start to finish and I know i will play it again. The characters are so in depth and Freeman steals the show. Amazing twelve years on.
  20. Mar 16, 2016
    dfjsal;kfdsalfjdlsajfldsakj fd;lasjfl;dsajf ewuqroepwqire;wqrewqreqwrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewfdkjslfjdsa;lkfjdslkafjdsajlkfaj;lkfdjfdasjflkads;jfkadjfdajlkfdsafdasafdfdafddfafdadffda
  21. Feb 29, 2016
    Simplicity and clarity, that's what make this game great. Wasn't too scary but story line and characters (including the one you play and says nothing) are those you miss a long time after.
  22. Feb 6, 2016
    Best PC Game ever. As in, perfect. As in, no remotely close second. I still own new games I bought in the last couple of YEARS that I've never got around to even installing, because I keep playing through Half-life 2, over and over, every twice a year at least. A legendary masterpiece.

Welcome to City 17, it's safer here.....
  23. Feb 2, 2016
    Although Gordon Freeman is still a quiet guy, Half-Life 2 is an unforgettable title to say out loud when someone wants to know about the best game of 2004, or maybe, of all time.
  24. Feb 1, 2016
    i just buy and played this game maybe... 7 month ago? whatever.
    this game is very good but..
    sometimes i have lose way, and i'm losing way, i fell something horror,, and horror sound
    i hate that sound :(
  25. Jan 18, 2016
    An awesome atmosphere, funny gameplay, intruiging story...
    A very submersive game
    that should be played by anyone,despite genre preferences ( I normally don't like FPS games).
    Just play it.
  26. Jan 9, 2016
    An achievement of gaming history that has yet to be topped. Never has a game riveted me or affected me emotionally as Half-Life 2 has. It is one of the very best video games ever made.
  27. Jan 8, 2016
    Even in 2016, this game still stands up well against its modern equivalents as it is. It can be further enhanced with a few good mods to improve the graphics etc.
  28. Jan 2, 2016
    To get things straight, Half-Life 2 more of a 9.9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, graphics, physics, characters, game play, etc... Quite ground breaking, so close to perfect. But one TEENY tiny problem I had with the game, and the series as a whole, is that it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were doneTo get things straight, Half-Life 2 more of a 9.9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, graphics, physics, characters, game play, etc... Quite ground breaking, so close to perfect. But one TEENY tiny problem I had with the game, and the series as a whole, is that it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were done playing it, you'd never want to go back and play it again... Ravenholm was so damn freaky, and all the environments was so bleak that you almost got the sense that you were stuck in a world that was no longer worth fighting for. Expand
  29. Dec 17, 2015
    One of my favourite games, I will never EVER forget the times I've had with this game. So many childhood memories from this game with my Dad that I will take to the grave. The gameplay is superb with great levels and a phenomenal soundtrack. The story whilst weak, is very interesting and will engross you for the entire game. This is one of the few games I will consider a masterpiece.
  30. Dec 11, 2015
    Valve needs to make something more like this. Indeed a masterpeice. Exited for HL3. With more physics, stuffs like that, makes this very unique. Best game.

3. Playboy