Half-Life 2 PC

9.1

1. Zex
    May 6, 2006
    It are best single player game ah when i remember those playing days with gordon freeman i am sad because in Episode 1 now i hawe to play with alyx i will yearning for gordon and oll those playing days on HL2.
  2. FlamingAngel
    Aug 9, 2006
    I like the dinamic grapich ^-^ i even played Episode one and it was better =3 so you shud play it or die =3
  3. JasonT.
    Apr 20, 2007
    I like Half-Life 2. It's a pretty good game, but there are just a couple little things about it that irk me. I'm not talking about long load times, stuttering, bugs, etc. Most of those have been updated out of existence by now and were probably due to my comp being strictly middle of the road anyway. No, I'm talking about this sequels storyline being almost completely I like Half-Life 2. It's a pretty good game, but there are just a couple little things about it that irk me. I'm not talking about long load times, stuttering, bugs, etc. Most of those have been updated out of existence by now and were probably due to my comp being strictly middle of the road anyway. No, I'm talking about this sequels storyline being almost completely disjointed from the original, and the way the game keeps rubbing the physics engine in your face (BTW Max Payne 2 had Havok Physics as well and IMO utilized it better.) First off, I'm a huge fan of HL1 and kept looking for some explanation of what happened to Xen, these Combine guys raise a whole new slew of questions and leave the old ones completly unanswered. We aren't even given much of a hint as to how all the supporting cast of HL1 made it to City 17 from Black Mesa. When I first played, it made my head spin. It's like they took the characters from the 1st and dropped them into a completely different storyline. And yes, the 1st time they gave me a physics based puzzle I thought "wow, cool!" when every other puzzle turned out to be a variation on this theme, I started to get a little peeved. That said, the story is still enjoyable, the graphics very impressive, the combats fun, and for those of you worried about the A.I. it does get better when you turn up the difficulty. Still a little annoying that they don't start off on the level of the marines from HL1 though. It's definitely worth your time and money, just...well...do yourself a favor and pick up the 1st one too. It's still what I spend most of my time on. Expand
  4. BiosaberB
    Jan 4, 2010
    Overrated garbage, the most boring and depressing game i've played in my entire life. The environments such as city 17 (boring), ravenholm (disgusting village), highway 17 (ugly ass beach), and nova prospekt (nothing but corridors) are just depressing and horrible. The main character is...well, there is no main character, just a floating crowbar, gun, gravity gun named gordan. The Overrated garbage, the most boring and depressing game i've played in my entire life. The environments such as city 17 (boring), ravenholm (disgusting village), highway 17 (ugly ass beach), and nova prospekt (nothing but corridors) are just depressing and horrible. The main character is...well, there is no main character, just a floating crowbar, gun, gravity gun named gordan. The ONLY good thing valve ever did was make left 4 dead 1 & 2, every other game they made sucked major balls, ecept portal which is average at most). Critics only gave this game good scores because of the gravity gun and the storyline, which is slightly above average. Besides, normal and casual gamers don't play games like these: a game for computer nerds or pc geeks: the only ppl who obsess, or even like this game, or think it's the best, which is NOT. This game is below average, average at the most. It would be an ok game if the environments didn't blow ass. The character development was pretty good though (especially Eli and Dr. Mossman, which were the most likeable characters). The only good part about this game is near the end, in the Citadel. Overall, this game is below average, avoid it and play epic games like San Andreas, Max Payne series, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid series, Halo 3, Modern Warfare series. Just not this, unless ur an obsessive nerd. That's why there were a lot of copes sold, because there are so many nerds that want an alien hunting game with science themes. Expand
  5. BenF
    Apr 20, 2010
    This game is FPS at its best! No matter how many times you play it, youll either crap your pants or have your mind explode out of the sheer awesomeness of this game!! Incredible puzzles, Frightful and disgusting enemies, superb dialogue, and best of all a gun like no other that allows you to turn every day items to super destructive items of terror!!! I dont care if you're the This game is FPS at its best! No matter how many times you play it, youll either crap your pants or have your mind explode out of the sheer awesomeness of this game!! Incredible puzzles, Frightful and disgusting enemies, superb dialogue, and best of all a gun like no other that allows you to turn every day items to super destructive items of terror!!! I dont care if you're the world's greatest gamer, if you havnt played this game...you havnt lived yet. Expand
  6. CraigS.
    May 9, 2005
    Took over an hour to install Steam and the Game even with broadband. Runs fine and looks amazing. Load times ruin immersion factor - these were a shock considering the pre-cached insta-loads from the original HL. Game play is almost too easy - on normal diffiuculy, I've died twice! AI not too challenging. While the game is entertaining, and the physicis are sweet, there is little in Took over an hour to install Steam and the Game even with broadband. Runs fine and looks amazing. Load times ruin immersion factor - these were a shock considering the pre-cached insta-loads from the original HL. Game play is almost too easy - on normal diffiuculy, I've died twice! AI not too challenging. While the game is entertaining, and the physicis are sweet, there is little in the gameplay that we haven't seen in NOLF or even thr original Halo. Gameplay and movement are very similar to the original - No real awe-inspiring moments, like the first time I left the ship in Unreal to see an open valley and waterfall, or the Normandy beach landing in MOA. This is a good game, but I think it's somewhat over-rated. I expected more after 7 years development. Expand
  7. M.Braun
    Mar 30, 2006
    Atmosphere top, graphics top. Still played in age of 2 years. Can games like FEAR and others beat that? no.
  8. CosinusPlaygroundWarrior
    May 10, 2006
    Best 1ST Person Shooter I've ever played. I really liked the Raven Holm Chapter. ~I Don't Face Anything Else Than My Monitor~
  9. VinceK.
    May 30, 2006
    Best features are realistic environments and life-like gameplay! I love it!
  10. SebastianF.
    Jun 2, 2006
    This is without a doubt the best PC game ever made. A worhty follow up to the first Half-Life game. With graphics as sophisticated as the gameplay - this is a winner.
  11. ElliotM.
    Jun 2, 2006
    If anybody ever asks me for proof that videogames can be art, I will point to Half-Life 2.
  12. MikeW.
    Jun 5, 2006
    As easy as I can put it this game break the wall and limits of 1-10 rating and really gets a rare 11 pout of 10 again! Don't miss out and fill bad if your some blind dumb ass like IGN that rates it high but don't say why they rated it 2 down from the normal. Really people no game is perfect but this game is perfect and fun and po0ut of this world. There are few words for how As easy as I can put it this game break the wall and limits of 1-10 rating and really gets a rare 11 pout of 10 again! Don't miss out and fill bad if your some blind dumb ass like IGN that rates it high but don't say why they rated it 2 down from the normal. Really people no game is perfect but this game is perfect and fun and po0ut of this world. There are few words for how great this game really I Expand
  13. ArmageddonP.
    Jun 5, 2006
    This game wasn't as gamebreaking as the first(but remember that was a long time ago before games of this genre could have these high of expectations), but honestly its nowhere near from far off. An amazing game that will make you play it from beginning to end.
  14. Tommy
    Jun 9, 2006
    Just the best first person shooter ever created! It got graphics, action, killing and a really good engine!! Worth every penny!
  15. MitchO.
    Aug 8, 2006
    This game roxorz my boxorz... to say the least. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and took breaks frequently to get food and beverage and say to myself, "This game is incredible." Can't wait to play Lost Coast and Episode One.
  16. EthanL.
    Sep 7, 2006
    Best FPS I have ever played without a doubt. No one pay attention to the poor reviews that involve people hating Steam. They say it requires such a high end pc, but mine is definately not that and I can run Steam with ease. I guess they must have aweful computers. The only downside is for gamers who don't have internet (which is about 1 out of 1242567 gamers) since you can only run Best FPS I have ever played without a doubt. No one pay attention to the poor reviews that involve people hating Steam. They say it requires such a high end pc, but mine is definately not that and I can run Steam with ease. I guess they must have aweful computers. The only downside is for gamers who don't have internet (which is about 1 out of 1242567 gamers) since you can only run Steam with internet. Some reviews also complain about bugs, and I have encountered absolutely no bugs that were so bad they ruined the experience, and again, my computer is still nothing special. The multilpayer is awesome with HL2: DM and Counter-Strike and the few mods that are out (and the endless list of mods yet to come). The story is actually quite good (if you can figure out the things that were left out) and the ending, although many might disagree, I think is good. Or at least decent. It ended pretty abrubtly which was disapointing but was made up for from a mysterious speech by the G-Man. The ending, for sure, also falls under the catagory of suspenseful. The somewhat dissapoiting ending is made up for in Half-life 2: Episode 1 though, which you must buy after beating this game. In the end this game is great for any FPS fan and the sequals will probably just get better. Expand
  17. ReisenbichlerE.
    Jan 20, 2007
    This could be one of the greatest Egoshooters ever created, but Valve had the great Idea to punish the gamers (= buyers) with Steam. The Installation took me AGES and I dont get why I couldnt play a singleplayershooter without internetconnection. If it wasnt Half Life 2, I would NEVER pay for a Game that uses Steam and I will not do it again. Why Steam? For gods sake, someone explain this to me!
  18. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 10, 2007
    The Best Game Ever
  19. Krillan
    Jun 23, 2007
    Fantastic!!!
  20. JulianM.
    Jun 20, 2007
    Well.... 96%?? Excuse me? Maybe it's graphically good and has good physical engine. But remember- it appeared in November. And what appeared in march the same year? Far Cry. And it got only 89 %, while it's much better better than HL2 and makes it look funny.
  21. Aaron
    Jun 7, 2007
    If you could only play one game, this is probably the one you should play.
  22. AexK.
    Jul 11, 2007
    Just awesome. The game runs in front of you like a book. Great storyline, great charachters, great gameplay. I would rate it 100 out of 10 if I could.
  23. jeanbernard
    Aug 30, 2007
    Exelent
  24. BorisG.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Ok, I read all the people who voted zero and I have come to a conclusions. The main reasons people this game is horrible is A. They cant figure out how to install a simple program. B. They cant read the box and see that Internet Connection is required. C. They somehow think a FPS GTA such as Far Cry and a story driven FPS are two games that should be compared. D. They turn off automatic Ok, I read all the people who voted zero and I have come to a conclusions. The main reasons people this game is horrible is A. They cant figure out how to install a simple program. B. They cant read the box and see that Internet Connection is required. C. They somehow think a FPS GTA such as Far Cry and a story driven FPS are two games that should be compared. D. They turn off automatic updating and the complain about why there is bugs with stuttering. E. A popular game being liked is now its main cause for being horrid, if you like a game and its popular - then you're wrong. But if no one cares about an averagely rated and you somehow think its godly - well then you got the best game ever. Go ahead and read all the people who voted 0, there is no different reason as to what I already listed. I'm not including the unrealistic physics arguments because that is just an all around lie, and the AI? Heh, yeah I guess it is horrible that they throw grenades back at you? Last but not least, the people complaining about the story are just not trying hard enough. No - this isn't a pop out book where the story is all laid out for you, but is rather a puzzle where you have to actually look into it and find out stuff for yourself. The only reason I can think that it doesn't appeal to you is that you have no imagination at all. Expand
  25. BrianA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    This game was absolutely addicting. Wonderful game play, gripping story, lots of intense fun!
  26. MattiL.
    Jun 12, 2008
    Almost as good as the one and only.
  27. Menschke
    Jun 6, 2008
    Nice singleplayer game. So nice.
  28. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2008
    This is a really awesome game! even after playing it a bunch of times there are still things that i havent seen.... if you rated it 0 just because of steam taking forever etc etc then your internet sucks = and people complaining about Gordon being a silent hero.... retards.... like saying its stupid that master chief never shows his face.
  29. IvanM.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This game good.No its not good..its amazing.For 2004 year its looking very good,good physics and revolution engine with good graph.What else need to enjoy best game of 2004?
  30. SamS
    Dec 8, 2009
    A pure technological advancement in both physics and AI. The story uses a drip feed system so don't expect answers from the plot straight away. Although getting a bit old now half life 2 can still give the latest games a run for their money. Suggest you buy this as part of the orange box and purchase the latest garrt's mod if you want more.

3. Playboy