9.2

1. Dec 3, 2013
    Il miglior gioco che ho mai giocato trama fantastica,personaggi fantastici,gameplay vario e buono,molte armi molto fighe e non penso di aver trovato qualche errore
  2. Dec 16, 2013
    Half Life 2 is pure gaming high school at its best. Since the release of the first episode, Half Life put itself as a model of excellence for all other FPS (and not only FPS...). This second episode not only absolutely confirms the unique values of its predecessor, but also introduces new, incredible features to the first masterpiece. Incredible physics engine and physics puzzles above all.

Any gamer that calls himself a gamer should play this artwork at least once. This is gaming history at its most glorious peaks. No one should miss it.
  3. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow, was amazed. The first game I played was the first half life, and it was amazing, accept the old graphics. Half life 2 was even more amazing, the combination of the action and the puzzles were awesome, I have played many modern first person shooter games, but even if it's 10 years old, this is the best. And about the graphics, you can always play cinematic mod.
  4. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half Life 2 is the best game ever!!! Even though multiplayer is not that popular, we really need to look at the story. I can't stop playing Half Life 2!!! So much mystery and Half Life 2 has the best gameplay. Half Life 2 has a really good weapon's sounds and you can kind of feel the weapon like it's in your hands. There are really great characters like Alyx, Barney and other people you meet, and there are some characters that you want to beat up like Dr. Breen and G-Man. Guns are awesome too. I can't believe that in the end of the game they also take your normal Gravity Gun and make it a Super Gravity Gun. And The only thing I might not really like is that you don't have a sniper rifle, but it's good that Valve at least put a crossbow in the game. I also like the physics. Source made this game awesome and the graphics are still better than some games we play today!!! Expand
  5. Dec 23, 2013
    It's just amazing game. Physics looks really realistic and shooting system is great. My jaw has dropped after playing this for 30 minutes. Valve's done a great work. Graphics looks nice for 2004 and story is really addictive. I want to see next episode, Half-Life 3 or Half-Life 2: Episode Three. No words, the best game EVER.
  6. Dec 31, 2013
    The Game That Started it all for me, and got me On to steam. Love This game over and over again. I can play this game, but it is frustrating at moments, just when I think I cant pass a part I figure it out no problem.
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    Quite possibly the best FPS ever made. People below and above this who have rated it 5 to 0 have either been influenced by how bad Steam used to be (which I can really understand, 3-5 hours installation time is really going to change your overall opinion of a game) and have not remebered that this game was made in 2004. For the time it was released, the story, AI, graphics and physics engine were exceptional and such quality in a game was unheard of. If you want more up-to-date versions of this game that continue the storyline and improve texture quality (and a good chance to see what Steam as it was then turned into; a brilliant idea that other publishers then took up, such as Uplay [Ubisoft], Origin [EA] and the XBOX LIVE Marketplace [Microsoft]) then get Steam and knock yourself out with Half Life: Episode 1 and Half Life: Episode 2. Expand
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    Truly, Half life 2 was one of the most polished games ever. Its refreshing to see a linear game that focuses on level design and not multiplayer. I have played the game several times, and it never fails to satisfy. there is a superb job on voice acting and story telling. Moreover, the graphics were unheard of at the time. the physics were sublime, and the game could be scary at parts. In the beginning, its more sneaking around and trying to get from place to place, then it becomes scary, then it becomes an all out battle. I love the way the game progresses. Expand
  9. Jan 8, 2014
    Half life 2:
    +Amazing Graphics+
    +Nice Characters+
    +Nice Storyline+
    +Nice Weapons+
    +Great Enemies+
    +Strong AI+

Half life 2 is Awesome, still playing it!
  10. Jwv
    Jan 18, 2014
    Probably the best single-player game I have ever played on PC. The Source engine has a great eye for detail; portrays a realistic picture of a totalitarian regime, which kindles a real sense of sympathy with the rebels; a squad-system (although not the best); likeable, unique and realistic characters; varied gameplay and locations with some particularly epic parts like Ravenholm (which even now, 10 years later, still gives me the creeps), the hovercraft and buggy scenes, and your first Strider-confrontation; cool weapons; smart AI; an enormous amount of different enemies to shoot; a great story; a great momentum in the game (action-packed and serene scenes alternate nicely); an enjoyable soundtrack adapted to every moment (cf. combat, Ravenholm, etc.), good voice-acting and great sound-effects (anyone not creeped out by the zombie-dogs?); smart puzzles (but just some really stand out), great use of physics; and one of the best first hours of gameplay ever (with a great sense of dependence, realism and adrenaline). Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2014
    G-Man: Rise and shine, Mister Freeman. Rise and... shine. Not that I... wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has... come again.
    G-Man: The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up
    and... *smell the ashes*... The game is just amazing. Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2014
    This is the game of the games.YOU might think it is bad now because of the graphics, but back in the day, it was simply out of this world. So not judge it with games like BF3, or ARMA or COD. If you look at the games released back then, most of them were **** If you want to compare Half-Life with others games, then wait for Half-Life 3.
  13. Jan 20, 2014
    Half Life 2 has reached such a level of the story, the characters, the atmosphere that it can not be called just a game. Everything about this game is amazing it is a must buy, you will know what I mean if you play this game. I would give it an 11/10 if I could.
  14. Jan 28, 2014
    This is one of my favourites. It's long and has nice traps that you can use. Even enemies were cool. Sometimes the AI annoys me but usually it's fine. The welcome to Ravenholm was my favourite part of the game.
  15. Feb 5, 2014
    Only two games ever I can say that the second I finished playing, that I just started over immediately, being this and Super Metroid. Half Life 2 is just one of those games that gets everything right. To find fault, one must look pretty hard. Valve brilliantly incorporated it's source engine in their true masterpiece.

When you find truly good games, you of ten find things put in by
    the developers to enhance the realism. For example, in Metroid Prime, Samus's reflection can be seen during flashes of light and certain events. She also interacts with her arm cannon if you wait around long enough, creating the whole image that Samus isn't just what you tell her to do. This is evident in HL2 in spades. Explosions deafen you, guns wield realistically, and infinite amounts of care went into character's expressions and tone of voice.

This game is truly an instant classic that has an amazing story, well developed characters, awesome gameplay, and truly impressive depth. This game is good to the core.
  16. Feb 24, 2014
    It is a amazing game i have finished it 3 times so i feel i have a pretty good understanding of what the game is sure there is a few small bugs. That's the only thing i found wrong where the small bugs.
  17. Mar 6, 2014

Atmosphere 10
    Length 10

Half life 2 is Awesome
  18. Mar 7, 2014
    This game is FPS at its best! No matter how many times you play it, youll either crap your pants or have your mind explode out of the sheer awesomeness of this g...you havnt lived yet.
  19. Mar 26, 2014
    The game I have been waiting for my whole life. This is the way I like FPS genre, the gameplay of this game is just so smooth you will not believe what you see. The game has got everything you would need. When I first played it in 2004 I was amazed. I couldn't believe my eyes. The graphics and animations made the game look like a movie, everything seemed almost perfect. But then I got to experience the physics. The Source engine is really a brilliant piece of work, the way everything was moving and living really made my jaw drop. And with all these beautiful and functional graphics came an immensely intense gaming experience. Half-Life 2 focused more on the story side than its predecessor, almost every G-Man speech remained in your memory and made you really take a step back and think about all the things that happened already in the Half-Life universe. Amazing gameplay from the first game stayed and got even better because of all the new features brought by the new engine. The most anticipated game in my life did not disappoint me, this is a real must-play, which gives you no other choice in rating the game. 10/10 for my second most favourite game of all time. Expand
  20. Mar 27, 2014
    Graphics: For a 2004 game. the graphics can't be beaten and somehow are still kinda up-to-date even in 2014

Gameplay: Smooth, no bugs/glitches, nothing that annoys you constantly other then one or two parts where you couldn't find the exit or couldn't complete the puzzle.

Story: Better then anything I've ever seen, total masterpiece! The game doesn't only uses dialogs to give the
    storyline but also graffiti/posts and even sounds to not only immerse the player to the world but tell the story of it. many times you can hear ingame "echos" of the past.

There're very few games in my 10/10 games list, Half-life and Half-life 2 are ones of it.

for all those who say the game is overrated are trying to be "out-of-the-hoard" and fight against psychology, something they don't understand is impossible.
  21. Mar 29, 2014
    As this game has won over 50 awards, me personally having 1700+ hours on it, winning Game of the Year 2004 AND Game of the Decade... (By IGN) This game truly is amazing. From the story to the characters to the gravity gun, this game cannot get boring despite coming out in 2004. As Half-Life 2 is at max settings, you can easily compare this game to any of today's titles, and still think it has great graphics. Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2014
    for a 2004 game, no wonder this game got high scores. very good graphics and gameplay. storyline, very good but half-life 1 is better i think. love alyx though, charming but why cant i carry her when shes down in episode 2? gordon is her to be partner right? no more to talk. this is a very good game. still play it alongside with other new crappy fps games (cods, farcrys, crysis, etc), no offence though. however, it is the biggest shame of the century though that they dont continue the half life franchise ~i dunno if they do, still waiting :) come on valve, u guys are like albert einstein in the gaming world, dont stop developing E=mc2 formulas or we wont have any nuclear warheads. if you guys publish the long-waited continuance of half-life franchise, i swear ill buy the original copy of the game, no more jack sparrow dvds or torrents. take your time, but not your fans patience

*my rating here is for half life 2 and its episodes games including the orange box. good job valve!
  23. Nov 24, 2012
    I can't believe this game is 8 years old, even revisiting it after all this years it's still a blast.The fact it has held up this long is a tribute to how far ahead of the generic shooters out at the time that it was. The Half-Life series is an absolute joy.
  24. Aug 19, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An amazingly well built sequel for the groundbreaking Half Life, I was very excited and was disappointed that Half Life 2 didn't meet my expectations...... IT COMPLETELY SURPASSED THEM IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. Valve has made a complete masterpiece with this game. The enemy AI, while not as amazing as Half Life's, is still top notch. The game is very realistic. I was thrown headfirst into this world and I must say that I was completely immersed in it. The graphics are extremely good and the level design is still amazing. The water effects blew me away! The characters have very good lip syncing and extremely life like emotions with great voice acting. Every location, from the urban City 17, to the extremely creepy Ravenholm are designed very well. I think that many might say that Valve spent a long time on it and will complain but I will just say how I think all that time making it shows. If I could make it so, i would give this an 11. Expand
  25. Sep 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This one of my all time game favorites. Started many years ago with Half-Life, which was one of my first games. The game was the kick-off for the Source Engine, that would be used for many other great games. The game provides a new storyline for the Half-Life-series and a total new environment. For the first time wondering around in the outside world (Eastern-Europe?) experiencing the consequences of the events that happened in the Black Mesa laboratories.

The first game ended with the mysterious Gman and this game starts with him, dropping Gordon Freeman off in City 17. Directly meeting the Combine confronts you with the earlier mentioned consequences. The Combine conquered the world after the aliens landed first via the events of the first game. As a survivor of the "Black Mesa-incident" your trying to find out whats going on and what needs to be done. Overall the game has different great atmospheres. The developers used the look of Eastern European buildings from the Cold War as a decor in urban maps, but also has many other rural scenes. (9.0)
  26. Aug 1, 2011
    Truly the best game of 2004. Graphics are great for the year, sound is great, game play is fun, and the story is terrific. You must have this game for your gaming collection.
  27. Sep 23, 2010
    Half-Life 2 was a masterpiece for its time. High points of the game included gravity manipulation, the NPC companion (so far unsurpassed in the pure FPS genre) and the sense of scale. The source engine is still going strong though user mods never really seemed to live up to the creativity and diversity of original Half Life ones.
  28. Oct 30, 2010
    My personal favourite First Person Shooter and probably also the best of all time. It is what FPS game should contain: great plot, amazing graphics, hell lot of tools to use (weapons mostly :D ) and what is the most important thing - amazing game-play. Despite what we could thought when the game was at building stage, we have been given amazing product that miss nothing and aims very high for whole genre of PC games. You should buy this game - it really out stands 99% of FPS games. This must play of all PC games! Expand
  29. Apr 25, 2011
    Half-Life 2: One of the best games ever made!.. Great Story, nice environments, well done characters, fun weapons(gravity gun)... Overall a Fun game!.. How can anyone not like HL2? ... My only complaint is the enemy AI, which seems a bit 'dumb' at times, because sometimes it seems they want to get shot and don't defend themselves good enough. They should have been a little more sneaky and harder to shoot at. Other than that, HL2 is really a great game!! Expand
  30. Oct 12, 2011
    This game is beast!!!!!. hurry up episode 3....................................................................................................................................
  31. Apr 5, 2011
    Very good work of suspense and terror, some pretty good graphics and a stunning physical (one of the best I've seen so far, and it's been 6 years).
    The visual effects are simple but effective and the story is impressive and full of adrenaline.
    The movements of the characters left me stunned, but I liked AI is pretty bad.
    The phases are not abundant (13 chapters approx.) but are very long.

Of course, guns are not abundant and there is nothing to be very effective.
    In short, one of the best FPS games I've seen in my life, but you will be under 1 point for the (very) bad IA.
  32. Jun 30, 2011
    One of the most exhilarating and baffling experiences I've ever had. For it's time a masterpiece, and it still is. The physics are absolutely great. If anything, you should also buy it for all the excellent free mods available for this game.
  33. Sep 26, 2011
    Half Life 2 has obtained legendary status as one of the most flawless modern games BUT the question does need to be asked: is Half Life 2 over-rated? My answer is Yes as all things are flawed (even Half Life 2), that's not saying the game is not one of the best the industry has provided in recent times, it is however just an interactive game with a lot of copied elements of other science fiction, it's not as original as many claim. Half Life 2 has awesome graphics, innovative physics, game play, fabulously designed levels and game moments but my point is that it shows how lacking and unoriginal the rest of the industry is - that many would claim Half Life 2 to be better than it actually is. If Half Life 2 is the best there is in single player gaming - then video games truely are lacking... HL2 is still a real achievement and Valve has something to be proud of. Expand
  34. Jul 4, 2011
    Half Life 2 arose from the imagination-less wasteland that other shooters tend to came out of. HL2 is how a game should be made. Not many games have this unusual balance of realism with the fiction of most games but this game does it well. You are placed in an Eastern European locale, not very common with games, filled with powerful imagery of propaganda, graffiti, and the feel of an Orwellian fascist state. The characters are also good and a nice change from the uncanny valley-esqe companions of other games. They look and emote like real people and all have their fair share of important and serious lines with some lighter toned comical lines, however they don't show up much. Even the poor unlucky civilian bastards are kind of interesting and you actually feel a bit sad when they die, of course you also feel angry when they can't navigate through a simple hallway. The friendly and enemy AI are both impressive but in combat, they sometimes have their moments. The music is great with its balance of atmospheric dark rhythms and upbeat techno songs. And, get this, it actually has a story! The game sometimes feels dragged on at times ( aka Highway 17 and the gunships ), but the areas with ammo and health do appear in almost every level. Great replayability. Expand
  35. Jul 12, 2011
    This is one of the best linear FPS games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The linear style leaves very little room to get lost, which is something that turns me off of a game immediately, and gets you through the story in a timely manner while still leaving small areas that can be explored at the player's leisure. While the characters may not be especially deep, the voice acting is spot-on and is one of the better examples of good voice acting in the gaming world. If you didn't play through Half-Life, which I strongly suggest you do, you may not understand a few plot points. However, not playing Half-Life does not ruin the experience of playing Half-Life 2. This is a solid game that can be played over and over again and is a prime example of what good games should look like. Expand
  36. Jul 31, 2011
    An enjoyable experience albeit the linear model. The story is vague and hard to understand without playing the first game but the level-design is action-packed and offers great outcomes when paired with the Gravity Gun.
  37. Aug 10, 2011
    Problobly one of the best first shooter game i've ever bought it has great gameplay and extreame graphics! From ecaping from city 17 on a air boat, or destroying the citaidel. It is the one of the best game to hit the earths atmosphere!!!
  38. Oct 30, 2011
    The best game ever made. The storytelling, gameplay, characters, action and soundtrack are all top notch. However, the awful teammate AI(They don't give you any space, constantly remind you to reload, and yell "Take cover!" and then get shot) and lackluster ending mean I can't give Half-Life 2 a perfect score.
  39. Dec 14, 2011
    I don't give out many 9's to my games, but Half-Life 2 is more than deserving of it. Right from the start, the game had me hooked, and this is despite the fact that I had never played the original Half-Life before. Valve manages to deliver the perfect blend of story-telling, action, and puzzles in a way that keeps you immersed and interested from start to finish. Even when you're sitting through a bit of dialogue, you're intently listening to the trade of words, eager to learn about the state of your world and what must be done for the betterment of mankind. The voice acting is incredible, the shooting mechanics work well, and the story is phenomenally written. I find myself returning to City 17 regularly, despite the linear gameplay. The only reason I'm hesitant to give this one a 10 is--well--it's not perfect. I mean, it's all there: the voice work, the story, the environments, the immersion. Every little bit of it is absolutely incredible, and yet, I refuse to give it a 10. Maybe it's because I'm a little skeptical to the idea of a "perfect game", or maybe it's got a shortcoming that I've overlooked... In order for it to be perfect it has to have it all, and that includes replay value. The unfortunate thing with such a story-driven game is that once you've played it, you already know what happens, so there isn't much reason to pop the disk in again. Nonetheless though, this will always be one of my favorite games of all time, and if you haven't yet given it a try, I highly suggest that you do. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  40. Dec 21, 2011
    Like its epic predecessor Half Life 1, this is pretty much the same thing but much better. Great characters, excellent story, and more importantly; the way the story is told is superb. Almost 10 / 10.
  41. Dec 26, 2011
    Endless possibilities awaiting for you with the Source Engine presented by VALVe Corporation with their best game ever made: Half-Life: 2.
    Extreme action in this FPS game with one of the most original stories,between us,who the hell would had thought of putting a scientist as the main character in an FPS game? There is no reason for your delay,if You haven't played it yet,go buy it now.
    trust me,I know it will give you 'the feeling'.

Sam Segal.26.12.11
  42. Feb 3, 2012
    The greatest modern FPS game!
    Although it was made in 2004, it is way ahead of many modern games, like Call of Duty!
    Think of it as like Classical Greece compared to the Persian empire!
    It is the only game I know that can rival Doom or Heretic!
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    A very diffrent type of style for a FPS then any other FPS game I have ever played. Its a interesting FPS with a little puzzle to it. Very good story and fun missions. Half-Life 2 9.6/10
  44. Apr 25, 2012
    Took me eight years to finish Half-Life 2, but it was certainly worth the wait for my sake. Sure, I wish I'd finished it when it was newer, but better late than never. The story is great in traditional Half-Life tradition, and if you haven't gotten around to play this game you'd better make sure you do now!
  45. May 19, 2012
    Awards: The Best FPS of 2004, The Best Technical Graphics of 2004, The Best Virtual Characters of 2004. An unforgettable FPS with stunning graphics, outstanding sandbox gameplay and with some memorable characters. The story is perfectly done. Gordon Freeman is back, in the City 17, trying to escape from it. Barney, an old friend of Gordon, rescues him by taking him to a room, and he meets virtually the Doctor, nicknamed Doc. It is a stunning experience, and creepy. There are some AI enemies, like crabs, crabs zombies etc. There are also AI enemy humans from Black Mesa. Expand
  46. May 18, 2012
    If you didn't like this game, well, you are likely not playing any games now. Gameplay was fun, story was fine, and it brings back good memories. .
  47. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is almost perfect. The visuals are incredible, the storyline is immersive and the gameplay does not allow the player to get bored.
    The only reason for me to give it a ten is the quality of some textures and some slight problems with sound. The rest is indeed Perfect. 9/10
  48. Dec 25, 2013
    Half-Life 2......it doesn't do a whole lot differently than other games in the shooter genre in terms of pure gameplay innovation, but it takes existing styles, then mixes, matches and makes them better. Another triumph.
  49. Dec 13, 2012
    This is an excellent shooter with a good storyline, characters, and environment. The game starts out a bit slow, but it does a good job of pacing and building up to the big action. The physics in the game are fun and make for some interesting possibilities which were impressive when it was released. The episodes do a good job of building on the story and offering some improvements without changing what makes the game good. Personally I found it very refreshing to have a female character/sidekick with an actual personality and skills, rather than someone who was just there to be a tough dude with boobs. Expand
  50. Mar 16, 2013
    This is a darn near perfect game. A bit gruesome for my tastes but very well written and genuinely gripping. At times I find my self truly startled by the game. The combat mechanics are stellar. The puzzles take thought but are not overly difficult to figure out. The animated scenes that play the role of the "cut scene" are not true cut scenes as you stay 100% involved and able to act as the NPCs talk to you and the story plays out. The only real downside is the lack of a voice for Gordon Freeman the silent protagonist AGAIN but that is pretty minor. The graphics turned up to max look incredible given the 2004 release date and run very smoothly. Check points are liberal enough to not have to curse yourself and replay something difficult if you blow it. Valve has an incredible IP and I only hope that eventually there will be a half-life 3. Expand
  51. May 30, 2013
    Most of the people rating this game very low are either console jockeys or love games that play more like movies (press E a bunch now!). Half-life 1 and 2 dominated fps games for years and gave the world games like counter-strike and day of defeat. Games coming out now are quickly becoming unmoddable, a fact that should terrify all PC gamers. The story was engaging and the gameplay in both of them was challenging enough while remaining fun. While the game is not a 10 (I don't think there has ever been a perfect game) it is a classic and will be one of the few games people of this generation will pull out and try to replay when they are in their 50's-60's, hopefully steam still exists then....... Expand
  52. Sep 5, 2012
    Outdoing the original Half-Life is no easy task, but I am happy to report that Valve has succeeded in exactly that. Half-Life 2 is a breathtaking FPS that will have you on the edge of your PC chair from start to finish. Story: (10) Just as good as the first, Gordon is one of the best characters of a game. There are even a few unexpected twists and parts that are actually scary. Graphics: (10) Some of the best available when released, this game looks awesome on full settings and still respectable today. Sound: (10) Best of the best sound effects and background music. The soundtrack is definitely worth checking out. Gameplay: (9) Just as good as the first, if not better. There are several challenging areas and some of the boss fights are epic. The shooting feels more accurate and I must say the AI in this game is incredible. Endgame: (8) It is fun to go through again on harder difficulties but I would have loved to see some sort of multi-player support besides deathmatch. Overall if you are a PC gamer you CANNOT pass this game up. Just the story alone is enough to keep you going and the suspense builds at every corner. Still to this day the graphics hold up really nice and the source engine is smooth and a blast to play. Overall: 9 Expand
  53. Nov 3, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best FPS games, but i just liked HL1 (Half-Life 1) much more. I really miss Xen in HL 2, i know its because of story, but i really hoped on revisiting that weird dimension. I think that original half-life had more enemy types and more interesting weapons. On the other hand, the story and characters are some of the best. The only reason i do not give it 10 is because of parts where you drive vehicle (some of the worst driving experience i ever seen). Expand
  54. Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think that this is the greatest PC game of all time, though that doesn't mean I hate it, I still think it's great. Everything about is great, the controls, story, voice acting, settings and game play. A must have.
  55. Oct 6, 2012
    The game is really fun. The graphics are nice, the gravity gun is very cool, the story is nicely told but generally quite a mess. It is a first-person shooter with nice dialogs (or rather monologs, you see, Gordon is obviously mutant), movement freedom and many physics. Nothing less, nothing more.
  56. Jan 9, 2013
    It's 3 games in one really, It's an FPS with Puzzles and mild horror.
    The shooting and gun feedback is top notch and enemy AI, especially on harder difficulties, is challenging. forcing the player to take on enemies with strategy rather than waiting behind conveniently placed shoulder high walls while your health regenerates.
    The puzzles are perfectly timed to break up the action, so you
    aren't just shooting things until it gets boring. The addition of the gravity gun later into the game really adds depth and weight to the gameplay as you find yourself clearing hallways of debris and quickly switching to your crowbar to kill head crabs in the places you discover doing so.
    There are a few annoyances though. First off Squad AI is not broken, but annoying. An example being that Team mates often block doorways or trap you in a corner. Whoever's idea it was to combine flash light, Sprint and oxygen into one bar needs shooting, It means you can't sprint with the light on, or even use a light while holding your breath under water.
  57. Mar 27, 2013
    Half-Life 2 is now freaking 9 years old, but still remains a hell of a classic. Back in the day it was released it featured revolutionary graphics, and even now they can keep up with most of the games.

But Half-Life series never was about the graphics. It was about new techniques, and new stories. new experiences. And Half-Life 2 truly took everything from it's predecessor and upgraded
    it in every way. Smooth and natural storytelling combined with an awesome FPS mechanics and the famous gravity gun give you almost the best experience a shooter can provide. And nowadays it's cheap as chips, so you can just but it and won't be disappointed for sure.

I'm giving Half-Life 2 9 out of 10. Why not 10? Unfortunately 2 days ago BioShock Infinite came out, and nothing can keep up with it. I seriously doubt it I will ever give 10/10 to any game out there after playing Infinite. Sorry fellas.
  58. May 1, 2013
    Yet another great Half-life game! Not as scary as the first one but it is still fun to play, with lots of actions, twists and characters that you get involved with. No doubt that this game will keep you entertained. Healthy variety of weapons with a great stories and well developed story, I recommend this to anyone!
  59. Nov 29, 2013
    An all time classic. Even after playing through Half-Life 2 many times, I still get alot of fun out of the playing it. Almost everything about the game is top notch: the levels, characters, music, sound and graphical style. The game's physics were at the time unheard of and still even today are quite good in how you can use the gravity gun to pick up and throw objects at enemies and to solve puzzles. As you play, you will see the characters develop and you will start to care about them and how they interact. The whole game being a long continuous level is also really cool as you can clearly see how the whole game links together. If I were to nitpick the game, the vehicle sections are a little too long, especially the car levels, but this is just a minor complaint really. If you haven't played this where have you been?!?!? Expand
  60. Jul 14, 2013
    I would give the game a 90 out of 100. Pro´s: Gun play: (To achieve guns u have to get to some progress points in-game. Every new weapon is it totally worth it to play. The only bad thing here is that u have the full weapon set in the middle of the game.) The Gun play of the weapons is amazing. Never got such a good feeling with this. Story: The Story is ok. Nothing special. Levels: Well designed Level maps. I like the change between darker and brighter areas.

Contras:
    At some points its going to get frustrating for noobs like me. Especially at the end of the game. (chapter 11 and 12) chapter 1-10 and 13 are well balanced.
    Bugs: Sometimes the KI blocks your way and you die. Additional you stuck and can´t jump out at some points.

Overall this game is still worth to play it in 2013 and have a much better Solo mod than Battlefield and CoD.
  61. Jul 17, 2013
    Despite the slightly repetitive chapters of Water Hazard and Highway 7, Half Life 2 has followed on from its predecessor and is honestly one of the greatest games I have EVER played. Very fancy graphics, more than an hour of timed dialogue and sound, awesome storyline and gameplay that will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours on end. I recommend this game to anyone because it is a benchmark in modern First Person Shooters. Expand
  62. Aug 7, 2013
    HL2 is all about immersion. Great storytelling, original in so many ways. Masterpiece.
    I would say there is only one flaw: some guns may need a tweak to work well or simply aim 10 meters ahead.
  63. Aug 16, 2013
    Great story, amazing gun-play and brilliant graphics. Absolutely stunning, made me appreciate this game even more playing it through again, this paved the way for future shooters.
  64. Sep 19, 2013
    La excelencia hecha juego.Una magistral sensacion de accion y drama que cautivan al jugador desde el principio.Graficamente sublime.Un viaje no lineal donde el jugador resuelve por sus propias deducciones los puzles.Sonido y banda sonora notables.
  65. Oct 17, 2013
    Loved it, loved it, words can not describe the fun, challenging and compelling atmosphere of this. Although puzzles can be occasionally perplexing, they will be fun all the time. Gameplay is nothing spectacular but is enjoyable all the same. Great weapons, great story, etc... until you meet the AI. If you play the game right, the AI isn't a problem to be fair, but if you want to find glitches of it, you'll be satisfied. Weapons are fun, all unique and ultimately great. If you loved the first Half Life, you'll love this one. You can't expect a bad game, I mean c'mon we're talking about Valve here, but this shocks me with great characters, in depth story, and graphics that make other FPS games look up in envy since this was made in 2004 and has the graphical equivalent of today's games. You'll be challenged with HL2's enemies, scary, shocking and all fun to fight, and a weapon system that is just so amazing. It inspired a generation of FPS, and it's praise isn't going to stop. It coined so many catchphrases like "Pick up that can" or "Rise and shine, Dr Freeman" and also is the highlight of Valve. Gordon Freeman has no reason to be silent though. He has a backstory and everyone else talks, but you can forget this because you'll be emerged in too much fun to notice. BUY. Expand
  66. Oct 22, 2013
    Ok i'm not a very big Fps Fan but this THIS is one of my Favorite gammmes evver. Its good ok. Good music and Graphics, Great story and AMAZINGGGG Gameplay. Nuff said.
  67. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 8 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 9 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 10 out of 10
  68. Dec 30, 2013
    A heavily anticipated sequel to the seminally influential Half-Life, Half-Life 2 is an indubitably well-executed and enthralling media experience. The game artfully exemplifies a precipiced human race beset with the horror of a xenocratic dystopia whilst also providing interaction and levity with relatable characters, both central and minor. From the very outset, I was immersed in the eerie mystique of the opening characters and the ostensibly artificial setting. The player's character, Gordon Freeman, never speaks, nor does he need to; his humanity and heroism become progressively apparent as the player completes the game, despite the perennial air of mystery he conveys.

The immersive realism of the game is brilliantly augmented by precise and complex game physics, impressive facial animation, and the perpetual necessity for the player to utilise his environment to complete chapters, rather than the gameplay being excessively linear and unchallenging.
    The dark, tyrannical undertones of the game stir the player to empathise with the plight of the fledgling resistance movement and become further psychologically involved in the plot. Half-Life 2 is gripping, stimulating and revolutionary. I wholeheartedly recommend it.
  69. Jan 3, 2014
    Half-Life 2... Where do I start. Even now I am still in awe by just how amazing this game is. I wish I could rate this something like 9.9/10; if it weren't for a few minor things than it would have gotten my full appraisal.

The gameplay is varied, you could either be trying to avoid walking on sand to attract antlions, driving around in different vehicles, or shooting through hoards of
    zombies/combine. Along with this, the game uses a physics engine to make gameplay varied, either in puzzles or in combat.
    The story is immersive, well paced, and interesting. Superb dialogue. Along with all of this, the game looks and runs very well.

The game had minor faults. Some areas would feel a little too long, i found myself really only using the shotgun and SMG, the other weapons I would use only once my ammo ran out. The rocket launcher I used basically when I absolutely needed to e.g when trying to take down a helicopter. The ending was great, but left more questions than answers.

Overall, the game was just astounding and surprisingly good. If you are a fan of first person shooters you need to play Half-Life 2.
  70. Mar 8, 2014
    El juego es simplemente espectacular, ambientes, sus detalles, historia, personajes en especial G-man y Gordon que son mis favoritos de la saga, ni hablar de las fisicas, el unico problema es el doblaje al español XD debieron haber sacado una version en español latino.
  71. Mar 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is how every first person shooter should be!

Pros:
    Fantastic Graphics
    Excellent Enemy AI
    Facial and all body animations
    Thrilling gameplay and levels

Cons:
    Ravenholm Level (Spoiler for level)

Besides only one of the chapters, this FPS is pure as it can get!
  72. Apr 12, 2014
    What's to say that hasn't been said already? It's a Half-Life game. It's one of the best FPS's with great game effects ever published. If you haven't played this game...well, you're missing out. Even as dated as it is the game is still unbelievably fun to play.
  73. Jan 9, 2013
    I'm so going to be hated to death, but I didn't love this game as many others tend to do, even though it's actually very good game for itself and even 8-9 years later it's still fresh to play and doesn't look aged at all. But despite all that, I definitely enjoyed Half Life 2 less than the previous chapter. I wil also say that I started with this chapter and then bought the previous game. First of all, I did like how the game, like I said, is still fresh: the graphics are surprisingly great and the engine is extremely good, and once you get the gravity gun you can exploit the physics of the game at its best. The characters are, for the most part, very remarkable and likeable to interact with, so nothing wrong here, except that maybe some characters disappear and reapper from the plot and will eventually confuse some people (or not). The game is also very balanced in the combats, with a good variety of weapons, a great variety of (very smart) enemies and with also many different situations to play. Infact, the best word to descrive this game, is "variety": you'll have a lot of situations in the game and they all are surprisingly fun to play and hardly bore you (like the boat section and ravenholm, where you will exploit the gravity gun). The story is...interesting...but I tend to get confused at times and I don't remember really much. And here comes some flaws in my opinion; while the story is good and well written, the game somehow seems very padded because, with some exceptions, the sections seem like a bunch of different parts glued all together! This isn't a big deal but, because of these sections that look like different parts completely, the story might get confusing, because (like I said) characters might appear and disappear all of the sudden and the story seems to get a halt for a pair of hours (the biggest example to me was the teleporter sceme: it seemed like an excuse to insert another part of the game). While I liked the first game because there wasn't much to understand, but only much to discover, in here it felt like I needed too much to understand, with nothing to discover at all. Also, this is kinda personal, I never got the links between the first game and this one (one big reason why I HAD to buy the first), but after finishing that game I still don't know what happened here after the events of the first (especially since that the ending of the first game didn't look like it had anything to do with the start of this. Except the presence of G-man). Maybe I'm just dumb, so I might be totally wrong on complaining this much. Moving to the combat: while I hated a bit the first game for the unbalance between the enemies (entire magazines to dispatch a few soldiers, while few shots would take down big aliens), this game actually fixes a lot of issues, especially with very well balanced weapons and with enemies that, for what I saw, have weakpoints (a head shots seem to do more damage here). My biggest complain here, is that the weapons aren't that many, even if there's the gravity gun. Quality over quantity is always the rule, however we could have used more variety of guns, or have a better thought for using them. For example, one of the rifles is rather bad because of the small magazines, and both of the rifles' secondary fire is very limited due to the lack of proper ammo; the magnum is great, but I hardly found that many ammo to use it so often; the grenades must be choose apart, while it should have been a button instead, or at least a faster way to choose it. And few weapons won't be used at all after certain parts, like the pheromone bomb. And while the gravity gun is a great invention, I found it very limited at times and, to be honest, I used it only on one section (Ravenholm), and NEVER used it again, because there was almost no other reason to use it afterwards and, strangely, only a very limited amount of weapons could be used. On the other hand, when it gets powered, things change completely. Just too bad it's for a brief time. All in all, I liked this game, but I honestly expected much more: while the first one had flaws and could use some more story and more balance, in here the situations don't always match the story properly, resulting in some unnecessary padding at times, and while it was very innovative for its time (and still kinda is), right now we also have games that took from the innovation that this game made and actually evolved it. Probably I'm just not a fan of this game and opinions will be varied, but it's still a good game to play and there's nothing exactly wrong with it. However, if people can't go past the "oldness" of this game, probably it's better to step away. Or else, give it a try and see for yourself. Expand
  74. Aug 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can still remember playing through the first Half-Life game and it's expanionpacks, so I bought this game without reading any reviews or such. It started good but to me it seemed that they took away the dark and gritty parts from the first game and replaced it with a much brigther version. Some of the Aliens will now actually help you and humans make up for the biggest part of enemies you'll encounter throughout the game. The graphics were good and the physics aswell, but it still didn't manage to replace the feeling one got when you played through the first one of the series. There is a story but it's weak and not very special, I actually had to play through it twice to even see that there was one. But what's also so great with Half-Life 2 is the modability and I've played the mods more than I've played the actual game itself. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Quite outdated now but back in its time,it was a fantastic fps,a thrilling story,great dialogue and easy to master gunplay.

It spawned a huge following and hopefully we will get a sequel sometime in the near future.
  76. Jan 10, 2012
    I finally got around to finishing this game in 2011. Every other time I gave up in Ravenholm after getting bored. While the game does have some great qualities, It's very overrated. Let's talk about the good first: The graphics are amazing and have aged so well! You'd never guess it was made 7 years ago. The games progression, while linear, is very varied and entertaining. There are action packed moments, puzzles, and vehicle sequences. Unlike other shooters, this game does a great job of making fights feel epic (strider battles!). Now for the bad. The story is boring and the characters aren't very interesting. There are a few deadly glitches. The enemy variety isn't too high. The vehicle sequences are mostly boring. Sometimes the varied gameplay takes you from playstyles that you like to playstyles that you hate. Feels a bit formulaic at times. Regardless, with how cheap this game is on Steam these days it's still a must buy especially since it has aged so well. Expand
  77. Mar 7, 2014
    Half-Life 2 is a big name really. It looks like the future. Smart and exciting. I love it. The gravity gun. The big bugs. They are endless and really annoying. But once you kill their momma and take its organ they will all become your slaves. Your loyal army. I really like that part.
  78. Aug 14, 2013
    This game has it all, the graphics, the modability, interesting puzzles (And I'm not one for puzzles) and great gameplay. I would say this is a great experience that I will look back to a lot, but not the best game ever.
  79. Apr 22, 2014
    There was something very incredible about the original Half-Life. It was ground breaking for its time because it was the first game I played that really felt alive. Half-Life 2 is a step back in some ways. While it continues the same classic formula of run and gun rail shooter, it however goes back in several areas.
    While it has more of a storyline than Half-Life, its just not very
    interesting. The combine are perhaps the most bland enemy I've ever seen, the key problem is they are unmemorable. Like a weaker version of the Strogg (from Quake).

While it has the best physics (which makes sense as you are Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist). The game took a nose dive into a completely different locale. The claustrophobia of underground research facility is gone, and some classic aliens don't make a come back (bullsquid/hound eye)... and Vortiguants are friendly -_-

The game also noticeably lacks difficulty, even on hard the game is perhaps the easiest I've ever played.
    Less explosive barrels - Half-Life 1 had a perfect balance. Every time I saw a barrel in Half-Life 2 I knew someone was going to either go near it or hide behind it. Less health kits, once again HL1 had a perfect balance.. here I always find 2-3 to many. Those unlimited ammo/grenade supply crates where so unnecessary.

The mediocre AI.. I want the AI to find ways to circle around me and trap me in corners, flush me out with grenades. The airboat portion in Half-Life 2 was dragged on far too long. In between each section you kill a few easy metro cops and then on you go... like some sort of tech demo.

+Gameplay is fun, and level design is logical
    +Ergonomically designed, so you can play the whole in one sitting
    +Characerisation
    +Very long
    +Ravenholm

-Easy game, even on Hard
    -Bland enemy design for the combine
    -Unmemorable music
    -Mediocre AI

-Physics puzzles brought FPS a interesting twist, but I thought that they really didn't do anything substantial to move the genre forward. Instead it feels like a technical achievement rather than the merging of FPS gameplay and physics in some meaningful way. Using the physics gun to launch objects at enemies is about as far as it goes in this regard. I think future games to come end up achieving something like this more so.

-Why does Gordon have to be a silent protagonist? I feel like it's more a crutch on the story.
  80. Jan 30, 2013
    Graphics are fair by nowadays standards, but plot is still quite good. Althougt gameplay is like going in the tube and there is no interactive options with storyline. Still after nearly 10 years this game feels like futuristic.
  81. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    Graphics are stunning and the storyline keeps being as interesting as a well-written tv series. I personally got bored very soon by the hovercraft levels but that's just one subjective flaw among innumerable actual merits.
  82. Nov 6, 2013
    Great game, although I have to say. Playing it over and over again really digs into your skull that it's quite boring.
    (Sorry guys and gals. It's still good).
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Though it did change the WAY we look at games in general, I have never been wowed by Half Life's gameplay. It gets an 8 from me standing on it's genre changing nature all by its own, but if you stood it up only on it's game play, I would probably give it a 6.
  84. Dec 24, 2010
    A pretty okay game that makes up for a mediocre shooter model by containing an incredible amount of variety. I'd doubt it's actually a shooter at all, but rather an action adventure game, considering the content. You're never doing the same thing for more than an hour throughout the entire game. The story is run-of-the-mill and characters are put in only to say your name and praise you like you're Jesus, but the way it's told, mainly through allusion and details in the environment, is brilliant. Expand
  85. Sep 26, 2012
    Really? Are people still raving about this after all these years? To be fair the gameplay's solid enough, the graphics are still surprisingly good and ther's just enough variety and twists to keep you playing till the end. I'll give HL2 it's due; it's still a good game (and fairly influential too) but certainly not the great game it was in 2004. Hate to break it to you fan boys but all the things HF2 did that seemed ground breaking and/or mind blowing back in the day have been improved and expanded on many times now. Try playing any of the Uncharted games, Resident Evil 4 or Gears of War then tell me the plot, atmosphere or pacing is so great. Expand
  86. Jan 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's only a well-made shooter. It lasts for over 20 hours, but it has only 4 or 5 real plot twists, and all the other twists are related to the action! (like ravenholm). It seems good at the train station, but soon you'll discover the city isn't real. It's just a lot of combine soldiers. And then you'll have to kill 100 people and 20 monsters to get to the other level, where you'll drive a boat and kill another 100 people and this time 30 monsters. Then someone comes to you and says hey, I'm your father! And then you're like "Noooo!", and kill a couple hundred more. The plot can be written this short:
    - Gordon joins resistance
    - Eli is captured
    - Mossman is a traitor
    - Alyx is captured too
    - Mossman is a traitor again, so prisoners are freed
    - they blow **** up

So what kind of plot is that?? But anyway, it's nice to play in the parts where it's well made and not too repetitive. For example the lighthouse, turret defense and driving parts I liked.

After all, a well made linear FPS is always better than a non-linear game gone wrong. For example Far Cry 2 tries to create a free world, but it fails miserably.
  87. May 27, 2011
    IMHO Half Life 2 is the most overrated game to date. First i find Half Life 1 superior. I am not saying that Half Life 2 is a bad game, bit its over and over the same thing. Same stupid boring soldiers all the way. And so prized story is almost non existent. Just watch Half Life in 60 seconds on youtube :) that sums it up :)
    Half Life 1 wasn't much better story wise but it had better atmosphere.
  88. Aug 28, 2011
    Half-Life 2 feels overall quite polished. Yet I must say, I can't rate it higher than a 7/10. Some parts are simply too long (especially the vehicle-parts), while others come short. There is a good variety of weapons and though you will use each at least once, you want some maps in the end where you just can freely choose your favourite gun. You won't regret finishing the game, but somehow it feels like most of the choices you make, are already made by the developers for you. On the good side: The scripted events are placed perfectly and far better than in most later games I've played. And they make up for a good alternation. Expand
  89. Sep 29, 2011
    I will begin by saying that if you thought that the original Half-Life was one of the best gaming experiences ever, you will be grossly disappointed by Half-Life 2. The differences and lack of continuation easily outnumber the similarities. First, there was the unexpected motion sickness. I was surprised to discover, upon Google searching, that many others also were put through the same discomforting extreme nausea. In short, the game is repetitive, surprisingly linear, lacking severely in storyline, and not much really happens. You just go from point to point, without not very much explanation. I should also mention that you should expect to spend between two and three hours driving around in vehicles; which I did not appreciate in any way. I like the Combine soldiers; they are cool, but besides them, there truly aren't many interesting enemies or a good variety of them. Another letdown is that you cannot inflict damage to friendly NPCs like in the original Half-Life. This really bothered me. Also, why are Vortigaunts suddenly my friends, without any explanation whatsoever? Squad members are close to useless and have no real point in being there except for acting as decoy and getting in the way of your path. Valve decided it was a good idea to include incredibly annoying and cheap techno music at times, which disrupts the dark mood and atmosphere. There are too many situations where you are forced to shoot at the same, ever repeating, large, uninteresting targets with an RPG. The boss fights (if you can even call them that) are not creative at all. They are uneventful, uninteresting, and anti-climatic. Overall, Half-Life 2 lacks a story, depth, and creativity. It took me about 21 hours to complete. Expand
  90. Nov 9, 2011
    In Valve's "Half Life 2", each and every level is unique and cool. The graphics are pretty sexy if you compare it with the standard rate. However, The gameplay was too original; i've played these kind of puzzle FPS before. I'm not saying its bad; there's a profound story and shocking visuals that covers this up, but I expected more than just running around in cars and boats, stopping by for some zombie kills and ammo, and repeat that stuff all over again. In conclusion, it's a solidly great game that will entertain you as a game no more or no less Expand
  91. Nov 7, 2012
    There is a good structure of level design, which varies from: run and gun, tactical shooting, alien survival, and the physics puzzles. The physics, by thw way, are amazing. Each object behaves like you'd imagine it to, and it all adds more depth to the game. Also, I'm a huge fan of how the involve all the story and dialog in the game itself, (without taking you into a cut-scene).
    Overall,
    the game is a great advancement in the area of First Person Shooters. Expand
  92. Apr 20, 2012
    This is not perfect or revolutionary but it sets the benchmark. This is the quintessential linear FPS game by which all other linear FPS games are compared.
  93. Jul 5, 2012
    IMHO Half Life 2 is a good game, but for some odd reason, is quite overrated. The game has a great focus on story and a wonderful sense of atmosphere. But for some reason, it feels flat and largely quite boring. In parts the lengthof levels is too long and I find the pacing quite tedious. Also the story does nothing for me. I can only assume that Half Life 2 introduce a generation of younger gamers to the story based FPS and/or immersive sim/fps (perhaps those who did not experience Looking Glass games etc?). Good for them. Just not for me.
    TLDR: Good. But not best game ever.
  94. Jul 10, 2013
    I just beat it for the first time so here is an unbiased non nostalgia review.

Overall for the time when it came out the game is outstanding. You can see that it inspired many aspects in other games and is worth playing. However taken with a grain of salt the game (like most popular historical games) is over hyped due to the mystery of half life 3 and the nostalgia it brings to many.

Gameplay: The game does a great job of incorporating puzzles without it being too obvious forcing you to think and use your mind without hand holding. The shooting is good but I admit having only a crossbow with a zoom is a bit annoying, I get that modern games make it too easy with every gun having a scope but none is a downer. Some of the difficulty also just becomes annoying at times instead of challenging, I found part of this mainly to do w/the graphics/lighting making it hard to see what you need to do.

Graphics: Stand the test of time and makes you think less of modern games that they have not improved more.

Story: This was my biggest complaint. I understand there is half life 1 and the half life 2 episodes but standing alone the story is not good. It is not clearly explained when only a little summary here and there would make it better. You do not really have a purpose in the game as you are just directed from point A to point B helping a resistance (but not with any goal or objective). You should not have to read wikis and time lines and history of things to understand the story of a game.

Gameplay: 4/5
    Graphics: 5/5
    Story: 2/5
  95. May 26, 2013
    I'm just not as high on this game as everybody else. There is some good FPS fun fighting various kinds of creative enemies. There will be a few moments where you will kill lots of enemies at once with a car, toilet, or bouncy disintegrate thing where you will sit back and admire your work. Some of the guns are still more creative than current FPS guns. However, while its moments are great, there is way too much shooting waves of basic soldiers without any of the creative others from a far distance, which is not only boring but annoying because only one gun has sights. There are too few opportunities to use the gravity gun, the very fun weapon which is really the signature piece of this game. And while I said the guns are very creative, they fall to often under the linear spell where they are used in one situation well and disregarded for the rest of the game. Basically this game is fun (and only 10 bucks) but very, very over acclaimed. Expand
  96. Jul 9, 2013
    Meh, it's okay.
    Half-Life 2 does a lot of things right. It looks great, plays great, has a large interconnected world, and has a fairly interesting story with cool characters.
    Except the game feels somewhat tedious. Every level is similar to the last later on in the game. You kill the same/similar enemies over and over again. Every now and then there is a driving section to break up the
    tedium, but those suck.

This game is really overrated. I've played much better FPS games than Half-Life 2; games that were far less tedious and less boring. It's a good game, just not that great.
  97. Aug 26, 2013
    i personally think that half life 2 is the most overrated game of all time i can't see anything special about this game you're running from soldiers hitting some soldiers killing zombies and that's it the story is not good as it seems and the protagonist is so boring he never says a word the entire game in the end it isn't bad but it doesn't deserve all that hype about it
  98. Mar 29, 2013
    I do not understand why this game is getting such praise. It is middle of the road in terms of game play; It is a shooter. At this point, it has been done and there is not much else you can do to improve upon it. At least I have not seen that much yet. The story is good, granted, but I feel it could be better... And the ending feels like it ran out of money half way. 7 at best.
  99. Jun 27, 2013
    I'm very disappointing. Yes, this is a good FPS, it will entertain you. You will kill aliens and gards of city 17 with the greatest hero of video game, he shots and that's all. He never talks a word, or something, just follow his friends to save the world. You will like the world where you evoluate and the alliens jumps and attack you with suprise, I was scary. And for a lot of hours, you will like that, but take episode 1 and 2, because the end of the game isn't the "real" end.

I like this but, I'm amaze of the Half life 2's reward. All gamers say "Best game of the decade" and ultra-fanboys say "Best game ever of all times for the centuries to the centuries".
    I love half life 2 but I didn't see something of marking.

Maybe it's me and my tastes of sh**
    Maybe the game undergo the old age, the evolution of FPS, and that's not "actual"
    Maybe the game was overestimates since its sold.
    Maybe the game is always overestimates.
    I don't know.

For conclusion. Yes, you will enjoy for 15h hours the pleasure to control "the Freman" and kill ennemies, with difficulties for many times (congratulations to striders).

And maybe you will join the anothers gamers for say "This is the most experience gaming of the world".

Or you should can say "What the hell No multi No openworlds A lot of sh**"

Or you will think like me "Maybe I miss something, or the game takes 9 years, or another reason but I don't receiveid the best experience ever.
    But I enjoy this game and Freeman accomplished the first objective of a game entertain the gamers. And thanks for this Valve"

(Sorry for my english, I'm french)