9.2

1. Zex
    May 6, 2006
    It are best single player game ah when i remember those playing days with gordon freeman i am sad because in Episode 1 now i hawe to play with alyx i will yearning for gordon and oll those playing days on HL2.
  2. FlamingAngel
    Aug 9, 2006
    I like the dinamic grapich ^-^ i even played Episode one and it was better =3 so you shud play it or die =3
  3. BenF
    Apr 20, 2010
    This game is FPS at its best! No matter how many times you play it, youll either crap your pants or have your mind explode out of the sheer awesomeness of this game!! Incredible puzzles, Frightful and disgusting enemies, superb dialogue, and best of all a gun like no other that allows you to turn every day items to super destructive items of terror!!! I dont care if you're the This game is FPS at its best! No matter how many times you play it, youll either crap your pants or have your mind explode out of the sheer awesomeness of this game!! Incredible puzzles, Frightful and disgusting enemies, superb dialogue, and best of all a gun like no other that allows you to turn every day items to super destructive items of terror!!! I dont care if you're the world's greatest gamer, if you havnt played this game...you havnt lived yet. Expand
  4. CosinusPlaygroundWarrior
    May 10, 2006
    Best 1ST Person Shooter I've ever played. I really liked the Raven Holm Chapter. ~I Don't Face Anything Else Than My Monitor~
  5. VinceK.
    May 30, 2006
    Best features are realistic environments and life-like gameplay! I love it!
  6. SebastianF.
    Jun 2, 2006
    This is without a doubt the best PC game ever made. A worhty follow up to the first Half-Life game. With graphics as sophisticated as the gameplay - this is a winner.
  7. ElliotM.
    Jun 2, 2006
    If anybody ever asks me for proof that videogames can be art, I will point to Half-Life 2.
  8. MikeW.
    Jun 5, 2006
    As easy as I can put it this game break the wall and limits of 1-10 rating and really gets a rare 11 pout of 10 again! Don't miss out and fill bad if your some blind dumb ass like IGN that rates it high but don't say why they rated it 2 down from the normal. Really people no game is perfect but this game is perfect and fun and po0ut of this world. There are few words for how As easy as I can put it this game break the wall and limits of 1-10 rating and really gets a rare 11 pout of 10 again! Don't miss out and fill bad if your some blind dumb ass like IGN that rates it high but don't say why they rated it 2 down from the normal. Really people no game is perfect but this game is perfect and fun and po0ut of this world. There are few words for how great this game really I Expand
  9. ArmageddonP.
    Jun 5, 2006
    This game wasn't as gamebreaking as the first(but remember that was a long time ago before games of this genre could have these high of expectations), but honestly its nowhere near from far off. An amazing game that will make you play it from beginning to end.
  10. Tommy
    Jun 9, 2006
    Just the best first person shooter ever created! It got graphics, action, killing and a really good engine!! Worth every penny!
  11. MitchO.
    Aug 8, 2006
    This game roxorz my boxorz... to say the least. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and took breaks frequently to get food and beverage and say to myself, "This game is incredible." Can't wait to play Lost Coast and Episode One.
  12. EthanL.
    Sep 7, 2006
    Best FPS I have ever played without a doubt. No one pay attention to the poor reviews that involve people hating Steam. They say it requires such a high end pc, but mine is definately not that and I can run Steam with ease. I guess they must have aweful computers. The only downside is for gamers who don't have internet (which is about 1 out of 1242567 gamers) since you can only run Best FPS I have ever played without a doubt. No one pay attention to the poor reviews that involve people hating Steam. They say it requires such a high end pc, but mine is definately not that and I can run Steam with ease. I guess they must have aweful computers. The only downside is for gamers who don't have internet (which is about 1 out of 1242567 gamers) since you can only run Steam with internet. Some reviews also complain about bugs, and I have encountered absolutely no bugs that were so bad they ruined the experience, and again, my computer is still nothing special. The multilpayer is awesome with HL2: DM and Counter-Strike and the few mods that are out (and the endless list of mods yet to come). The story is actually quite good (if you can figure out the things that were left out) and the ending, although many might disagree, I think is good. Or at least decent. It ended pretty abrubtly which was disapointing but was made up for from a mysterious speech by the G-Man. The ending, for sure, also falls under the catagory of suspenseful. The somewhat dissapoiting ending is made up for in Half-life 2: Episode 1 though, which you must buy after beating this game. In the end this game is great for any FPS fan and the sequals will probably just get better. Expand
  13. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 10, 2007
  14. Krillan
    Jun 23, 2007
    Fantastic!!!
  15. Aaron
    Jun 7, 2007
    If you could only play one game, this is probably the one you should play.
  16. AexK.
    Jul 11, 2007
    Just awesome. The game runs in front of you like a book. Great storyline, great charachters, great gameplay. I would rate it 100 out of 10 if I could.
  17. jeanbernard
    Aug 30, 2007
    Exelent
  18. BorisG.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Ok, I read all the people who voted zero and I have come to a conclusions. The main reasons people this game is horrible is A. They cant figure out how to install a simple program. B. They cant read the box and see that Internet Connection is required. C. They somehow think a FPS GTA such as Far Cry and a story driven FPS are two games that should be compared. D. They turn off automatic Ok, I read all the people who voted zero and I have come to a conclusions. The main reasons people this game is horrible is A. They cant figure out how to install a simple program. B. They cant read the box and see that Internet Connection is required. C. They somehow think a FPS GTA such as Far Cry and a story driven FPS are two games that should be compared. D. They turn off automatic updating and the complain about why there is bugs with stuttering. E. A popular game being liked is now its main cause for being horrid, if you like a game and its popular - then you're wrong. But if no one cares about an averagely rated and you somehow think its godly - well then you got the best game ever. Go ahead and read all the people who voted 0, there is no different reason as to what I already listed. I'm not including the unrealistic physics arguments because that is just an all around lie, and the AI? Heh, yeah I guess it is horrible that they throw grenades back at you? Last but not least, the people complaining about the story are just not trying hard enough. No - this isn't a pop out book where the story is all laid out for you, but is rather a puzzle where you have to actually look into it and find out stuff for yourself. The only reason I can think that it doesn't appeal to you is that you have no imagination at all. Expand
  19. BrianA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    This game was absolutely addicting. Wonderful game play, gripping story, lots of intense fun!
  20. Menschke
    Jun 6, 2008
    Nice singleplayer game. So nice.
  21. AnonymousMC
    Jul 1, 2008
    This is a really awesome game! even after playing it a bunch of times there are still things that i havent seen.... if you rated it 0 just because of steam taking forever etc etc then your internet sucks = and people complaining about Gordon being a silent hero.... retards.... like saying its stupid that master chief never shows his face.
  22. IvanM.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This game good.No its not good..its amazing.For 2004 year its looking very good,good physics and revolution engine with good graph.What else need to enjoy best game of 2004?
  23. SamS
    Dec 8, 2009
    A pure technological advancement in both physics and AI. The story uses a drip feed system so don't expect answers from the plot straight away. Although getting a bit old now half life 2 can still give the latest games a run for their money. Suggest you buy this as part of the orange box and purchase the latest garrt's mod if you want more.
  24. TravisG
    Jan 20, 2010
    Absolutely one of the most detailed game universes I ever had the privilege to exist in. The silent hero Gordon Freeman will live on forever in my mind.
  25. TomP
    Jan 9, 2010
    This is one of the BEST games I've ever played. It is in a very nice graphic, a great gameplay and is full of nice music perfect matching to the happening. The game is its money worth. I only can tell whoever think Half Life 2 sucks have never played it.
  26. KodyB
    Mar 16, 2010
    Why 10/10? I had heard hype about this game and bought it in the orange box. I was shocked to see that it is true, it lives up to everything. the graphics are arguably better than some titles released today, the game play is excellent, even though it is linear you will never get sick of walking off the train into city 17. Its a shame i got it 4 years too late.
  27. WillP.
    Jan 21, 2005
    The Ability of the user to affect almost everything around him, when mixed with the imaginative and stunning weaponry make for pure excellence. The in-game water effects are simply stellar.
  28. MichaelR.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This really is one of the finest games I've played in a while, and is amazing scalable. I can play it just fine at 1024x768 on a Radeon 9600SE.
  29. F.for
    Feb 28, 2005
    Wtf stop bitching here, everyone knows pros and cons, not everyone has money to buy all games and appreciate it, so they buy and play hype games like this and I can see many ppl enjoy HL2. I am one of them. There is no use bitching. Who knows how difficult to build an engine and create models with a limiting budget? How much can a game return? as much as blockbuster? HL2 sacrifice some ofWtf stop bitching here, everyone knows pros and cons, not everyone has money to buy all games and appreciate it, so they buy and play hype games like this and I can see many ppl enjoy HL2. I am one of them. There is no use bitching. Who knows how difficult to build an engine and create models with a limiting budget? How much can a game return? as much as blockbuster? HL2 sacrifice some of good features it had in HL1 for better graphic and physics engine. Anyway they managed to do meet its hype though there are many ways they can do it better. Halo 2 beat HL2 commercially, but if u look at what Halo 2 did after 3 years of making and Valve building their own engine from scratches in nearly 5-6 years, u can see clearly the passion behind the valve. Yup Steam sucks, it is mostly because they got hacked once. Expand
  30. G.Miller
    May 10, 2005
    A response to Mr. Hideto, who claims this game is no good, and that all evaluators of this game are somehow stupid and/or mindless clones who cannot make up their own minds: your "intellectual" smugness is entirely annoying. Please don't preach to us about human nature: there is more human nature in Half-Life 2 than your entire diatribe. Your philosophy that "it doesn' t make A response to Mr. Hideto, who claims this game is no good, and that all evaluators of this game are somehow stupid and/or mindless clones who cannot make up their own minds: your "intellectual" smugness is entirely annoying. Please don't preach to us about human nature: there is more human nature in Half-Life 2 than your entire diatribe. Your philosophy that "it doesn' t make sense that everyone agrees on something, does it now," is entirely idiotic, for not everyone agrees. And I really doubt that game-playing critics must go to other magazines for their own scorings. Thank you for your dumb post. Oh, by the way, everyone else: buy the game. It is excellent. Expand
  31. Jonny
    Jul 2, 2005
    This game has great physics and everything. best game in the world!
  32. MayankB.
    Jul 27, 2005
    It's a great game and it has all the things a good game requires.
  33. KennyK.
    Dec 3, 2006
    I found this game extremely entertaining and the ability to surprise me. To me the story of a game is very important, maybe even more important than the gameplay, but this game gave me a new standard to follow (AGAIN), when revieiwing games, which new games has a very hard time following up to!
  34. DavidK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    The most innovative, beautiful, immersive, fun, thought-provoking, useful, creative, and awesome game EVER. Graphics are as good as they get, and yet still seem to run playably on relatively old machines. The plot is very realistic, and you're much more involved with full facial animations. I felt that was something all games were missing. Not only do all the characters move with the The most innovative, beautiful, immersive, fun, thought-provoking, useful, creative, and awesome game EVER. Graphics are as good as they get, and yet still seem to run playably on relatively old machines. The plot is very realistic, and you're much more involved with full facial animations. I felt that was something all games were missing. Not only do all the characters move with the full range of emotions that almost makes the game like a movie, but you can make your own animations too! And I've seen some that kicked ass, no less. And physics...DON'T GET ME STARTED! Physics not only make all the gunshots and explosions so much cooler to watch, but it actually brings up a whole slew of new ways to attack enemies. An expert may look down at a new player and say "You just left that splintered piece of wood BEHIND???" Garry's Mod is a game in itself, with enough extra visuals and creative methods that bring the engine's physics to their full extent and back around again. Just go to facepunchstudios.com and see what wonders have been made. When I played Halo, I noticed something - you get lost a lot. A lot of rooms are similar, and I have never ever memorized any portion of a halo level. But Half-Life 2...take just about any screenshot of a level and even someone who only played the game once will look and say "Oh yeah! I remember that part!" Every little room has something in it that's memorable. As for the prequel, let's just say graphics is probably the smallest of the things they improved. Expand
  35. JohnS.
    Apr 6, 2006
    In my opinion FPS is the best genre, and in my opinion this is the best FPS, so in my opinion this must be the best game ever.
  36. SeanT.
    May 10, 2006
    This game rocks.
  37. NiekM.
    May 14, 2006
    i think they amde a great engine for the game but though. Everyone thinks that.
  38. EdwardMolyneux-Roberts
    May 6, 2006
    Half-Life 2 is awsome! Such detail, such a setting, such a storyline! The only games that could rival it are it's expansions and Half-Life 3 (when it arrives some time in the future, maybe 2012). I love the super gravity gun, the ultimate weapon, even though it arrives much later in the game.
  39. SamN.
    Wow.
  40. TeodorIkonomov
  41. PeterC.
    May 6, 2006
    This is one of the best games i ever have tried.
  42. YvesB
    May 6, 2006
    The best game ever created, you arent a true gamer if you havent played this game!!!
  43. BPsycho
    May 7, 2006
    Fantastic game! Played on hard the AI is not nearly as bad (There is a BIG difference between Normal and Hard). For those touting Far Cry's AI, a sniper shooting you from a mile away through jungle foliage is NOT good AI, and the soldiers were more twitchy than Quake 3 players - not to mention psychic. As far as steam goes, it's come a long way, and is one of the first -or only- Fantastic game! Played on hard the AI is not nearly as bad (There is a BIG difference between Normal and Hard). For those touting Far Cry's AI, a sniper shooting you from a mile away through jungle foliage is NOT good AI, and the soldiers were more twitchy than Quake 3 players - not to mention psychic. As far as steam goes, it's come a long way, and is one of the first -or only- online game distribution systems. At least it's not WON. Expand
  44. JamesM.
    May 7, 2006
    A sequal that lives up to the original, so much more depth, graphics better than anything I have seen, even a year and half after it's release it still looks better than 99% of all games out today. The traditional gameplay of the original half life is still here, some original weapons are still here and a few new ones thrown in which make the game a whole load of fun. the pace of the A sequal that lives up to the original, so much more depth, graphics better than anything I have seen, even a year and half after it's release it still looks better than 99% of all games out today. The traditional gameplay of the original half life is still here, some original weapons are still here and a few new ones thrown in which make the game a whole load of fun. the pace of the game moves fluidly and realisticly. This game is a pleasure to play, I think I might go fire it up right now! Expand
  45. ??????????????
    May 7, 2006
    ????? ??????? ????! ???????, ???? ????????? ???????? ????, ??? ???????? ??????, ?? ??? ?????????? ????????, ? ??????? ??????? ?????2 (!) ????? ??????? ? ??????... ????? ? ?????? ????????? ????? machinima, ??? g-man ???? ???????, ? ???? ???? ????? ?? ??????? - ??? ?????????? ????????... ??????? VALVE, ?? ??, ??? ??????? ???????????? ???? ????????? ? ?????? :) ??? ?? ??????????, ??? ? ????? ??????? ????! ???????, ???? ????????? ???????? ????, ??? ???????? ??????, ?? ??? ?????????? ????????, ? ??????? ??????? ?????2 (!) ????? ??????? ? ??????... ????? ? ?????? ????????? ????? machinima, ??? g-man ???? ???????, ? ???? ???? ????? ?? ??????? - ??? ?????????? ????????... ??????? VALVE, ?? ??, ??? ??????? ???????????? ???? ????????? ? ?????? :) ??? ?? ??????????, ??? ? ??????? ??????? ? ????????? ?????? ????, ?? ?????(????? ??? ????) ????? ???????????? ?????? ? ?????? ?? ??????, ? ????? ??? ??? - ????? ?????? ???? ????-????2 =) ????? ???? ?????????? ?????????? ????????????? ???????, ???????????? ?? ???? ????... Expand
  46. jeanbernard
    Exelent
  47. IlyaO
    May 7, 2006
    This game defines sequel. I love the plot, the characters, the graphics especially. Every single thing about this game I love. I want to give it a 100 out of 10.
  48. TelmoC.
    May 9, 2006
    The best game in the world.
  49. TimoS.
    Jun 11, 2006
    New level of fps playing. Story, the World, sounds, figures, etc: everything is in it's own class. I've been playing Valve's games since they have been available and never dissapointed. Still this is something much more than I could have ever expected or imagined even in my wildest dreams or hopes! This goes far beyond normal gaming experience: this is a journey, it is the New level of fps playing. Story, the World, sounds, figures, etc: everything is in it's own class. I've been playing Valve's games since they have been available and never dissapointed. Still this is something much more than I could have ever expected or imagined even in my wildest dreams or hopes! This goes far beyond normal gaming experience: this is a journey, it is the half-life. Expand
  50. JackHander
    Jun 11, 2006
    Maybe this is the best game ever. The story is so nice, like the gameplay too. Great game!
  51. SteveL.
    I love this game.
  52. LukeM.
  53. StevenP.
    Jun 5, 2006
    how can you not give this game a ten? great graphics, gameplay, physics, voice overs, enemies, weapons, controlls, etc. half life is the best FPS series ever, and anyone who isnt buying it because of the price should know it is worth every penny!
  54. LukeM.
    Jul 10, 2006
  55. AnonymousMC
    Jul 21, 2006
    Steam aside (evil software), the actual game itself is insane. The facial details of the opening cutscene blew me away before I even fired a shot. The plot is brilliant and easily a worthy sucessor to HL1. My only concern is that HL3 will need the Pentagon's mainfraim to work.

If your computer is less than 1 year old, play it. If not, buy a new machine (levels can take weeks to load, but they are worth it).
  56. Paul
    Jul 21, 2006
    Not only does it have awesome graphics, and amazing visuals, but it continues to be a very playable game that puts you in many different types of scenarios and not one part of the game feels like a previous part.
  57. DmitriyS.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Best of the games!!!
  58. AndreasK.
    Jul 7, 2006
    I've finished it tree times and it just doesnt ever get boring! This is the best fps game i hav EVER seen! Though i wish there was a sniper rifle too.
  59. GarrettD.
    Jul 7, 2006
    Holy Crap! Tihs game is great, completley smooth game play with 3.4 GHz Processor and 2 GB RAM. If you have this game I hate you! Episode 1 is just as good!
  60. TeodorIkonomov
    Aug 22, 2006
  61. WillF.
    Aug 29, 2006
    Great, fun to play, intresting story line and amazing graphics.
  62. mattbearcroft
    Sep 30, 2006
    its awesome
  63. ChristofferL.
    Oct 12, 2007
    What I like with the game, you can play with the physics in the world. Because of HL2, other thirdpartysoftwares has created awesome games, like Gmod 9 and 10, Sourceforts and much other. This game also includes episode 1 and 2 to extend the games history. And the first time I played HL2 it really looks great when NPCs die. Ravenholm and the Citadel is my favorite part. But still there is What I like with the game, you can play with the physics in the world. Because of HL2, other thirdpartysoftwares has created awesome games, like Gmod 9 and 10, Sourceforts and much other. This game also includes episode 1 and 2 to extend the games history. And the first time I played HL2 it really looks great when NPCs die. Ravenholm and the Citadel is my favorite part. But still there is more of this game that scares me: The ocean. First time I would try to swim over to the end of the map I meet up with carnivorous leeches! I thought that I would hit an invisible wall instead. This is the best game ever made. But still there is many that hates this game because they mean there is more action on CS:S than HL2. I hope there will be a HL2EP3! :D Expand
  64. ChickenHorse
    Oct 24, 2007
    By far the best Sci-fi FPS I have played! Physics are amazing Graphics look amazing and very good story line!
  65. AndreasH.
    Oct 4, 2007
    bought orange box (first time of getting half life 2) about a fortnight ago and have to say even now in 2007 it is still a brillant game. It should still be in games top tens i hope episode 1 and 2 are just as good
  66. SHaneH.
    Oct 7, 2007
    HL2 3 years after purchasing still takes all for Fps Story and Fps Multiplayer mainly due to a rediculously high replay value!!! Bar None one of the best games of all time!!!!! Insaine Innovation Valve KEEP IT UP !!!!!!
  67. JeffC.
    Oct 7, 2007
    As with the original half-life, a giant leap forward, creating the benchmark against all contemporary games must measure themsleves. All praise to the team. Anxiously awaiting the mext chapter.
  68. AravindaP.
    Oct 8, 2007
    The best game I've ever seen! VALVE has done the best job ever to make this game come to life. The scripting is revolutionary. If only other games were like this...
  69. DenisN.
    Oct 9, 2007
    This is a greate game with super graphics and very interesting story line!!! Keep it up !!! Hope Episode Two would be as good as Half-lefe 2 or even better!!!
  70. LukeM.
    Feb 16, 2007
  71. AnonymousMC
    Mar 22, 2007
    Para my el hl2 es el mejor juego kon grafica espectacular asta es mejor kel finalfantasi XIII , es 100 veces mejor pok tiene muxa acion violencia etc... y Lord C es un pelele k no tiene ni idea de juegos del siglo 21. Si kereis mas in formacion my steam is COPEGI .
  72. PutinVladimir
    May 6, 2007
    COOL!!!
  73. AnonymousMC
    Jun 8, 2007
    Another paradigm shifting game under Valve's belt. The characters are very colorful compared to your typically boring game personalities. The inclusion of the boat and buggy driving adds some well needed gameplay diversity. The only gripe I have is that aside from the barnicles, vortigons and crabs, we don't see any of our aliens from the first games. Still, a great game!
  74. HughM.
    Jun 9, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  75. Yanko
    Jul 10, 2007
    I just finished the game, and IMO it's the BEST I've ever played in my life(I played a lot of games through the years!)
  76. FernandoF.
    Jul 24, 2007
    brilliant.
  77. MasonAlbright
    Aug 23, 2007
    Easily the best FPS ever.
  78. JonathanM.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Technical issues due to YOUR slow and erroneous dialup line and issues due to STEAM (read, NOT HALF LIFE 2) should not factor into your rating. Rate the game, not the other factors. --For whoever said they want to see Half-Life with the same graphics, you're in luck. A mod team is working on "Black Mesa" a total conversion mod of HL2 to HL1. Not out yet, but eagerly anticipated.
  79. BatalovB.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Half-Life 2 is the best FPS ever. The physical engine are fabulous and of course the scenario too.
  80. simonKotaleski
    Sep 1, 2007
    The best Sci-Fi thriller ever!
  81. CheteN.
    Sep 20, 2007
    If bioshock took 100 This game deserve at least 200.
  82. AF
    Sep 22, 2007
    This is simply one of the best games ever made. I had to vote just to cancel out Eric H's completely insane ramblings below.
  83. LukeM.
    Nov 10, 2008
  84. NunoP.
    Oct 10, 2008
    Very very deep gameplay, awesome plot, incredible situations (like the bridge level with awesome envirnoment)... Simply the best game i have ever played hands down. Congratulations Valve.
  85. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Best FPS to date. I've played many FPS's and not many games have as good graphics, physics, AI, fun, level design, story, character development, ect. as Half-life 2, and absolutely NONE have all of these together as well as Half-life 2.
  86. Bobbobbo
    Jan 20, 2008
  87. AndreasW.
    Jan 4, 2008
    For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember this game in jears. !!!! It's not just a game, it's HALF LIFE 2 !!!! Expand
  88. MicahB.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This game was a riveting expansion of its predecessor. It brought all the engaging elements of the original and multiplied there enjoyment exponentially.
  89. bionicmexican5.0
    Feb 19, 2008
    the best game i have ever played the physics are way better than anyother game (throwing TV's at the combine) and the story is so intriguiging i still play this game even after a year......the first level point insertion was what hooked me......when i was runnin from the combine after i threw a TV out of a window it was just so intense and the people that help you along the way the best game i have ever played the physics are way better than anyother game (throwing TV's at the combine) and the story is so intriguiging i still play this game even after a year......the first level point insertion was what hooked me......when i was runnin from the combine after i threw a TV out of a window it was just so intense and the people that help you along the way seemed so real i wanted to help them barricade the door but my adrenaline was pumping big time and i just kept running............i love when u drive to black mesa east that is the best part of the game.......driving long distances fighting battles here and there just gave a sense of realism that i was THE LAST HOPE....before i picked up HL2 i was desperate for a single player FPS i got tired of playing CS CSS CSCZ HL2DM and just MP games in general...i wanted an FPS with a gripping storyline, and i wanted to feel like i was the player i controlled not just another player........when i picked up HL2 it satisfied my FPS craving and exceeded my expectations of a Single Player FPS by such a high degree i was like.....this is The Best Single Player game of all time.......and still today i play the game.......i love the puzzles and how they use the physics to solve them...they are so well put together i had a small degree of trouble but im pretty good at solving puzzles and when i figured out i had to take advantage of the physics ( like putting barrels under a cage so i would float up and cause the cage to lift above the water so the ramp would be at an angle so i could drive my airboat up and over a wall on the water hazard level) this added a new dimension to puzzle solving never before seen in anyother game i have ever played...............all in all I LOVE THIS GAME Expand
  90. LukeM.
    Feb 6, 2008
  91. Bobbobbo
    Mar 1, 2008
  92. MichaelC.
    Mar 30, 2008
    By far, the best game ever! An epic adventure. Unmatched game play and graphics. You really feel like you're part of the story. The game physics blow me away. You can play this game over and over. I've played it 4 times and will definitely play it again. Yes, it's that cool.
  93. AnonymousMC
    Apr 6, 2008
    By far one of the best games on the market, the beautiful graphics are backed up by one of the most engaging story lines, and an amazing physics engine, make this a required play. The use of Zombies in the game is also great, they spring out at you from the most unexpected places. This game has few faults, one of those is that they can't get the new episodes out fast enough, anotherBy far one of the best games on the market, the beautiful graphics are backed up by one of the most engaging story lines, and an amazing physics engine, make this a required play. The use of Zombies in the game is also great, they spring out at you from the most unexpected places. This game has few faults, one of those is that they can't get the new episodes out fast enough, another is the bad team system, but that is negligible.

In short, if they like FPSs, or even if you don't, get this game.
  94. BenE.
    Apr 7, 2008
    This is one game series which i play over and over again, Defo must have.
  95. ErvinK
    Apr 8, 2008
    Great game, takes the story telling of all games to a new level.
  96. Bobbobbo
    May 3, 2008
  97. DevinFore
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game has the best graphics, a huge improvment from the 1st half life, i hope they make a 3rd half life, for pc =)
  98. DevonS.
    Jul 19, 2008
    This game is one of the very elite, very few single-player games with a steady storyline and linear aspect (not to be confused with sandbox games) that I have played through more than once.
  99. JohnR..
    Jul 20, 2008
    Haven't even gone too deep into the game yet, but I can already see that it lives up to it's predecessor's awesome existence.
  100. jeremyf.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game ever. Amazing story and general game play. The multi player is great. The best graphics yet! Oh did i say amazing story, cuz it really is great. This game also has some of the coolist mods ever such as Dystopia. Just plain amazing. 10 is not high enuff.