Half-Life 2 PC

9.1

1. Feb 23, 2017
    Esre es mi juego favorito, totalmente perfecto en toda aspecto, historia, jugabilidad, hasta el diseño de los niveles, totalmente recomendable. Este juego me le pasado como una 10 veces y cada vez es mejor, gracias a dios que juegue este juego, es ORO!
  2. Feb 13, 2017
    Es uno de los pocos juegos que me los eh pasado mas de 2 veces... pero nunca me canso.
    Es un juego como los de antes: Una historia lineal, tiros por todos lados y mucho dialogo. No como las pelotudeces que se ven hoy en dia.
    Graficos: 9/10
    Jugabilidad/mecanicas: 10/10
    Historia 8/10
    Banda sonora/sonidos: 7/10
    Calificacion Final: 9/10
    PD: Jugar antes Half Life 1.
  3. Feb 12, 2017
    This game really started PC Gaming for me. It will always hold a special place in my heart for doing that for me. I could play this game over and over and i not get sick of it. So yes i definitely recommend this game. Except if you are my brother, he hates every game that i like.

Sometimes a game is just so bad, i have to go back playing this one to clear it out of my head...
  4. Jan 31, 2017
    Half Life 2 la continuación de aquel legendario FPS creado por Valve es todo lo que se podría creer de el, un juego que evoluciona todo lo que hay que evolucionar, gráficos, música, historia, armas, IA, terror, acción, todo. Un juego espectacular que fue expandido con 3 entregas posteriores, mientras después de mas de 13 años aun esperamos Half Life 3. Perfecto
  5. Jan 30, 2017
    Will amaze anyone who likes the FPS genre. Not only a revolutionary game but will always be remembered as a classic and iconic game. Gabe Newell is truly a genius.
  6. Jan 18, 2017
    Half life 2 is easily one of the greatest FPS sequels there is right now, it has stood the test of time and every time you play it it makes you think about the lore, the characters, the enemy, your character, the locations, the iconic items, the weapons, one of the reasons people like it so much is because we play a character that can easily destroy the enemy, you feel powerful... unlikeHalf life 2 is easily one of the greatest FPS sequels there is right now, it has stood the test of time and every time you play it it makes you think about the lore, the characters, the enemy, your character, the locations, the iconic items, the weapons, one of the reasons people like it so much is because we play a character that can easily destroy the enemy, you feel powerful... unlike some hunky gamer on a bad diet. you feel recognized.

This is the sequel that we all deserve.

Sure you might not like it but at the end of the day you can hate whatever you want i don't care.

The only bad thing is the ending and that is literally the only thing.

I hope you found this helpful and that you will or have played this game.
  7. Sot
    Jan 17, 2017
    Half-Life 2 is one of the best games out there! Α meaningful game! So realistic of what happens today. This game came out in 2004, the graphics, A.I., physics, animations, gameplay are revolutionary for the time! Every gamer should play this GREAT game.
  8. Dec 18, 2016
    Short Half Life 2 is a continuation of the first views which is also great as the first Half Life rozpoznywalnych one of the most titles in the world which is a must for everyone
  9. Dec 7, 2016
    I think this is the best game at the moment. No COD can not be compared with the plot of HL2. This masterpiece of gaming industry long remain on the desks of our computers. More HL2 deserves to continue in the form of HL3.
  10. Dec 6, 2016
    Probably the best game ever.
    Probably the best game 4ever.

Even whit our character does not saying one single word AGAIN, this game has a great history.
    When I say great, its because its all about one book, 1984 from Orwell, one of the best view of the future we can get from the past.
  11. Dec 6, 2016
    Это невероятная игра, советую каждому кто не знает о ней (ТАКИЕ вообще существуют?) :D Серьёзно, кто может не знать о халфе. Это великая игра, культовая, закоренелая классика уже. Вы просто обязаны пройти обе части и оба длс и ждать как и все нормальные люди HALF - LIFE 3!!!! :DЭто невероятная игра, советую каждому кто не знает о ней (ТАКИЕ вообще существуют?) :D Серьёзно, кто может не знать о халфе. Это великая игра, культовая, закоренелая классика уже. Вы просто обязаны пройти обе части и оба длс и ждать как и все нормальные люди HALF - LIFE 3!!!! :D
  12. Dec 6, 2016
    Contender for the greatest video game of all time... Sad the sequel is still in limbo but this is the kinda game I can play 1000 times and still love it... I'll just leave it at that
  13. Nel
    Dec 1, 2016
    Played this game when it came out, and I was surely impressed by how it changed the gaming world. THe game itself is a great first person shooting game that is still today consider to be one of the better games ever made.
  14. Nov 28, 2016
    Best game ever!
    Gordon Freeman is THE legend. Half-Life two isTHE revolution. The original Half-Life is the game that brought fame and attention to first person shooter, and has gotten this game genre the hype it deserves. Half-Life 2 defines how first person shooter should develope. Simply put, Half-Life changed it all.
  15. Nov 22, 2016
    This game might have been very good at release, but it's showing it's age:

+ Idea
    + Innovation
    + Level design

- Too Linear
    - Repetitive

It's a decent game, but don't expect too much of it.
  16. Nov 19, 2016
    Simplicity and clarity, that's what make this game great. Wasn't too scary but story-line and characters (including the one you play and says nothing) are very likable, well written and memorable. There is a balance between shooting and plot building. I especially liked the last chapter.
  17. Nov 13, 2016
    The best video game ever made, from the physics to the story to the gameplay to the settings and so forth. It is perfectly created and I still love it 12 years after its release.
  18. Nov 7, 2016
    Сегодня (7.11.16.) впервые прошёл данную игру.
    Услышал я про неё впервые ещё лет 8 назад, играл в демку, да и забил. Но вдруг решил пройти классику.
    Ниже мнение человека, который не проходил игру в 2004, 2005... а только в 2016, в конце 2016. Я не ньюфаг, прошёл игру с удовольствием, местами было скучновато, местами очень весело и эпично. -Геймплей тут вполне стандартный. Он неплох, но
    Сегодня (7.11.16.) впервые прошёл данную игру.
    -Геймплей тут вполне стандартный. Он неплох, но местами, а точнее ближе к концу, он становится довольно скучноват. До середины игры дают покататься на 2-х транспортных средствах- багги и лодка на воздушной подушке, довольно неплохое разнообразие игрового процесса. Плавно перейдём к физике. Физика шикарна до сих пор, а в 2004 просто взрыв мозга... , но порой она выдаёт такие нелепости или странности, что немного не по себе. вообщем за геймплей 7,5-8/10
    -Сюжет довольно интересный. Диалоги было интересно слушать, а финал так и вообще очень крутой вышел. А лицевая анимация просто шик, тоже до сих пор смотрится улётно, а в 2004... За сюжет 8/10.
    -Атмосфера и музыка. Атмосфера тут бывает настолько разная, что диву даёшься. То это налёт хоррора, повсюду какие-то хлюпания, шорохи, темнота. То это атмосфера одиночества, едешь по дороге на той же машине, а на ней никого, вокруг только горы и океан. Ну и атмосфера пост-апокалипсиса. Музыка хороша, порой задаёт тонус вести дальнейшую битву, она довольно динамична, местами просто расслабляет. 9/10 за атмосферу и музыку.
    Вообщем на данный момент игра всё ещё ОЧЕНЬ хороша, если вы не играли в неё и вы не ньюфаг, не презираете старые игры, а любите их, то я настоятельно рекомендую данную игру, кто знает, может она станет одной из ваших любимых!
    2004- 9-9,5/10
    2016- 8/10
  19. Oct 18, 2016
    First, it's chosen as the best game made in 2004, then it's chosen as the game of the decade, then it's chosen as the best FPS game ever made, then it's chosen as the best PC game ever made. Now, it's the best game ever made, without doubt.
  20. Oct 14, 2016
    In 2004 Valve again changed game industry as them done it in 1999. Every game from Half-Life series (and subs like Portal) - new word in First Person Shooter genre. I totally recommend it to play, must have for all who call themselves "gamer".
  21. Oct 11, 2016
    Years ago, this game came with every PC I get, never knew why, always thought its overrated, never bothered to play it
    After playing counter strike for a while, I also found the original Half Life copy with it, tried it, did not finish it due a PC format that deleted every thing, I was in love in the first game so I tried the second one
    And oh god, I was never more wrong than the time I
    And oh god, I was never more wrong than the time I ignored this game, this game is still my best game, a game that in my opinion holds the throne in video games, as time moves the game does not age a bit, played it over 10 times and still get amazed about the graphics, AI, story, and map design

This game is a 10/10, no more words can describe how amazing this game is.
  22. Oct 8, 2016
    It's as good as everyone says it is.The shooting,the driving and the puzzles are all excellent and organic.The physics engine and 60fps give everything a great feel.The gravity gun is the most fun weapon in all of gaming.This is one of the best games ever,second only to Dark Souls.
  23. Oct 5, 2016
    Half-Life 2 could be one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Great storyline, outstanding story-telling and gameplay mechanics that still hold up today.
  24. Aug 28, 2016
    The second best game ever. Excuse me for my English, i am from Venezuela, but this game is, is ¡AMAZING!, the graphics, the history, the game-play, the innovation. This game is indescribable. The best game is Half Life, but this is almost as great like the first game. I love this game. The only bad thing is the soundtrack, is good but it is rare, but i like it. I played this game in 2005,The second best game ever. Excuse me for my English, i am from Venezuela, but this game is, is ¡AMAZING!, the graphics, the history, the game-play, the innovation. This game is indescribable. The best game is Half Life, but this is almost as great like the first game. I love this game. The only bad thing is the soundtrack, is good but it is rare, but i like it. I played this game in 2005, because i had no money in that year (2004), i went to the E3 2003 and i saw, the game. Still i play this game. I don't like the new games, 2010-present, i miss you, 2004. Today, when i see the games, i only see graphics, nothing of innovation, and those things, i wish that Valve will do Half- Life 3, but that never happened.

The good: the graphics, the game-play, the history, the soundtrack.

The bad: The soundtrack is rare.

The ugly: no sequel (Half-Life 3), or (EP3)
  25. Aug 23, 2016
    Great game for the year 2004
    But i dont recommend it at year 2016...
    It has nice puzzles and new features but it will become boring over time...
    U cant play it constantly for 5 hours cause your mind will burst
  26. Aug 20, 2016
    My second favourite game of all time.

- Silent Hill 2
    - The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time
    - Super Mario 64
    - God of War 2
  27. Aug 20, 2016
    The benchmark of gaming by which I judge all others. Playing this is a transcendent experience. One of the greatest science fiction worlds ever created.
  28. Aug 18, 2016
    [PT-BR] Half-Life 1 provocou grande eco nos mundos jogos sendo o primeiro jogo de ficção cientifica em Real 3D. 5 anos depois a Valve surpreende todo mundo com o primeiro jogo com fisica real. A primeira reação dos criticos foi que o jogo poderia ser um fracasso, pois nenhum computador comum consiguia rodar o jogo em 30 fps. Mas isso não foi nenhuma dificuldade para os computadores do ano[PT-BR] Half-Life 1 provocou grande eco nos mundos jogos sendo o primeiro jogo de ficção cientifica em Real 3D. 5 anos depois a Valve surpreende todo mundo com o primeiro jogo com fisica real. A primeira reação dos criticos foi que o jogo poderia ser um fracasso, pois nenhum computador comum consiguia rodar o jogo em 30 fps. Mas isso não foi nenhuma dificuldade para os computadores do ano seguinte e Half-Life trouxe grande repercusão pela fisica, jogabilidade muito leve, e uma direção de arte Steampunk jamais vista no mundo dos jogos. Seu motor grafico é utilizado até hoje, como por exemplo, em Counter-Strike: Global Offensive e até jogos sem ser da Valve (como TitanFall,Left 4 Dead e outros). O ponto mais fraco do jogo é que ele se tornou mais fácil do que seu antecessor, além de um pouco menos capitulos. Expand
  29. Aug 11, 2016
    This is by far the greatest FPS of all time and the most brilliant game ever designed by Valve
    just replayed it for the, let's say, 100th time today and yet i was surprised by how innovative and mind-blowing an FPS experience can be!
    remember, the game was released in 2004 when almost every other FPS title out there was a replica of Doom! the level design is great music, simply
    the level design is great
    music, simply pleasing to the ears
    dialogues, humorous
    characters, lovely and utterly believable
    weapons, standard-defining (especially loved the .357 Magnum)
    enemies, not so much varied but otherwise greatly designed and implemented into the game design
    and
    "Gordon Freeman", the most reserved yet lovable protagonist of the video game history, and perhaps the first MIT graduate to feature in a game :D
    if you like games (FPS in particular), do not dare to miss this masterpiece!
  30. Jul 31, 2016
    An innovative FPS. Amazing level design, fun gameplay, a variety of weapons, with good storytelling to boot. If you like FPS's, you can't miss Half Life 2.
  31. Jul 12, 2016
    Half Life 2 is definitely the standard of FPS we should all follow and the engine is astonishing for 2004 and even 2016. Amazing story telling and great immersion, although I find the game to have no replay value after the end. The game is amazing all the way through but I would've definitely loved to put more hours into this game if it had some form of end game objective or tasks that canHalf Life 2 is definitely the standard of FPS we should all follow and the engine is astonishing for 2004 and even 2016. Amazing story telling and great immersion, although I find the game to have no replay value after the end. The game is amazing all the way through but I would've definitely loved to put more hours into this game if it had some form of end game objective or tasks that can be only done after you complete the game. All in all thats quite a small negative to quite a astonishing game. And for $10, this is definitely bang for your buck. Expand
  32. Jun 22, 2016
    An absolute video game masterpiece! Half-Life 2 expands upon the events of the first Half-Life and adds more amazing and mysterious story, scarier and colossal enemies, memorable characters, fun vehicles, and let's not forget that badass Gravity Gun! The sequels are just calling to you after you finish the game's story and are left hanging, the only way to know more about the story, playAn absolute video game masterpiece! Half-Life 2 expands upon the events of the first Half-Life and adds more amazing and mysterious story, scarier and colossal enemies, memorable characters, fun vehicles, and let's not forget that badass Gravity Gun! The sequels are just calling to you after you finish the game's story and are left hanging, the only way to know more about the story, play the sequels. A must play and own sequel for every Half-Life fan out there! Expand
  33. Jun 8, 2016
    This is one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best. The story is awesome, the gameplay is awesome, the guns are awesome, the learning curve is awesome, the characters are awesome, the level design is GREAT. This game was -and is- revolutionary, and a true masterpiece. Best PC game ever.
  34. Jun 8, 2016
    То чувство когда на двору 2016 год твой комп тянет GTA 5 а ты играешь в Half-life,ну что сказать игра на века,рассуждать о том насколько эта игра хороша все равно нет смысла все это знают.
  35. May 28, 2016
    If the original Half-Life wasn't monumental enough, Half-Life 2 takes the best of what made Half-Life so amazing and gave it a modern update with a new graphic/gameplay engine. Excellent story, excellent graphics and gameplay, and overall an incredibly engaging experience.
  36. May 25, 2016
    Just buy this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. May 19, 2016
    What can be said about this game that hasn't been said already? I played this for the first time in 2013 and it completely blew me away. The atmosphere, the smooth (and I mean it when I say smooth) gameplay, the diverse characters and enemies, the physics puzzles, the environment in general, the story, the set pieces! I could go on and on, as a matter of fact, so many have done just thatWhat can be said about this game that hasn't been said already? I played this for the first time in 2013 and it completely blew me away. The atmosphere, the smooth (and I mean it when I say smooth) gameplay, the diverse characters and enemies, the physics puzzles, the environment in general, the story, the set pieces! I could go on and on, as a matter of fact, so many have done just that on metacritic and, well, anywhere else. Also, for a game made in 2004, these graphics are SUPERB.
    Don't get me wrong, if you are unfortunate enough to still not have played this software, when you do, it should be easy to see it is a masterpiece. The big bad shooters of today have got their own thing going on. Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and such are okay, but to be honest, when I play these games I don't really care about the game itself. It just doesn't seem fun to me. They just don't seem to possess that pizzazz that half life 2 carries. And really, to me, how fun it is is a pretty damn important part of a game.
    Still don't agree? Okay. Not every single person is going to enjoy the same game. But I must say, the half life series, in addition to most if not all of Valve's other well-known games, definitely deserves the massive fanbase that it has. Half life 2 has left a permanent mark on the history of video games and will be remembered for a very, very long time.
  38. May 17, 2016
    To all the negative reviews: I'm tired of reading "over-hyped" "why is this game so hyped" "blah, blah". It's simple. The game was released twelve years ago. If you played the game when it was released you would understand why is this game so "hyped". It was the best thing ever back in the day. It's just like watching the first Star Wars movie today, for the first time... you have to thinkTo all the negative reviews: I'm tired of reading "over-hyped" "why is this game so hyped" "blah, blah". It's simple. The game was released twelve years ago. If you played the game when it was released you would understand why is this game so "hyped". It was the best thing ever back in the day. It's just like watching the first Star Wars movie today, for the first time... you have to think how the people felt in the seventhies when that movie came out. Expand
  39. May 10, 2016
    Half Life 2 just might be one the most influential games in the entire video game industry, with it's amazingly rich story, great gameplay, and unforgettable characters. This game definitely lives up to its predecessor and still has aged well even after almost 12 years! I definitely think it's worth 20 dollars and one of my favorite video games.
  40. Apr 13, 2016
    Nuevamente debo decir:"woaaa". Es primera vez que juego el half-life 2(2014) y debo decir que es un juego increíble. Contextualizando que es del 2004, las gráficas son estupendas, las texturas increíbles, la jugabilidad impresionante. Una obra excelente que ha envejecido muy bien. Muy buen juego al gran nivel que también tuvo half-life. De verdad espero que salga pronto hl3.

41. Apr 5, 2016
    don't get people rating the game mixed, more then 10 years after it got released,
    this was a revolution when it came out, although not as good as half life 1, this still deserves a 10.
    great level design, enemies and classic shooter gameplay.
  42. Apr 4, 2016
    This is a unique blend of platforming, puzzling, driving and shooting . The game is fast paced, tense and ultra-responsive. The game makes ample use of physics and it is still fun to interact with them to this day . There are some genuinely fun sections and the overall design of the levels feels fresh, playful, and rarely repetitive Ironically, the main reason for which this game isThis is a unique blend of platforming, puzzling, driving and shooting . The game is fast paced, tense and ultra-responsive. The game makes ample use of physics and it is still fun to interact with them to this day . There are some genuinely fun sections and the overall design of the levels feels fresh, playful, and rarely repetitive Ironically, the main reason for which this game is regarded as one of the best FPS of all time, is precisely because shooting is far from being the only scope of the game. That said, the game suffers from some serious pacing issues, where certain sections are dragged way too long to the point of annoyance. This game could have easily been 30% shorter and that would have made it that much more enjoyable. The visuals are clean and easy on the eyes yet the overall audio-visual experience is quite dull; Half-life 2 is just not a very pretty game, it has never been. Pair that with a lackluster story, and few annoying design choices, and you end up with an experience that despite being remarkable in more than a few ways is hard to qualify as anything more than "pretty good". So here you have it, Half-Life 2 is a pretty good game that is commendable in many respects and despite not being deprived of charm, ultimately fails to inspire. Expand
  43. Apr 1, 2016
    I walked into Half-Life 2 not knowing what to expect but believe me it exceeds expectations. Graphics are stunning they blow me away 12 years on. The story is so good It kept me hooked from start to finish and I know i will play it again. The characters are so in depth and Freeman steals the show. Amazing twelve years on.
  44. Mar 16, 2016
    dfjsal;kfdsalfjdlsajfldsakj fd;lasjfl;dsajf ewuqroepwqire;wqrewqreqwrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewqrewfdkjslfjdsa;lkfjdslkafjdsajlkfaj;lkfdjfdasjflkads;jfkadjfdajlkfdsafdasafdfdafddfafdadffda
  45. Feb 17, 2016
    I'm actually impressed with Half-Life 2 as I were extremely let down with Half-Life. Half-Life 2 isn't as boring as Half-Life 1. Better story which is why I'll give it 7 out of 10
  46. Feb 6, 2016
    Best PC Game ever. As in, perfect. As in, no remotely close second. I still own new games I bought in the last couple of YEARS that I've never got around to even installing, because I keep playing through Half-life 2, over and over, every twice a year at least. A legendary masterpiece.

Welcome to City 17, it's safer here.....
  47. Feb 2, 2016
    Although Gordon Freeman is still a quiet guy, Half-Life 2 is an unforgettable title to say out loud when someone wants to know about the best game of 2004, or maybe, of all time.
  48. Feb 1, 2016
    i just buy and played this game maybe... 7 month ago? whatever.
    this game is very good but..
    sometimes i have lose way, and i'm losing way, i fell something horror,, and horror sound
    i hate that sound :(
  49. Jan 18, 2016
    An awesome atmosphere, funny gameplay, intruiging story...
    A very submersive game
    that should be played by anyone,despite genre preferences ( I normally don't like FPS games).
    Just play it.
  50. Jan 9, 2016
    An achievement of gaming history that has yet to be topped. Never has a game riveted me or affected me emotionally as Half-Life 2 has. It is one of the very best video games ever made.
  51. Jan 8, 2016
    Even in 2016, this game still stands up well against its modern equivalents as it is. It can be further enhanced with a few good mods to improve the graphics etc.
  52. Jan 2, 2016
    To get things straight, Half-Life 2 more of a 9.9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, graphics, physics, characters, game play, etc... Quite ground breaking, so close to perfect. But one TEENY tiny problem I had with the game, and the series as a whole, is that it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were doneTo get things straight, Half-Life 2 more of a 9.9 out of 10 for me, just because of the amazing story, graphics, physics, characters, game play, etc... Quite ground breaking, so close to perfect. But one TEENY tiny problem I had with the game, and the series as a whole, is that it was just so grim, scary, creepy and depressing, that it created the sort of game that once you were done playing it, you'd never want to go back and play it again... Ravenholm was so damn freaky, and all the environments was so bleak that you almost got the sense that you were stuck in a world that was no longer worth fighting for. Expand
  53. Dec 17, 2015
    One of my favourite games, I will never EVER forget the times I've had with this game. So many childhood memories from this game with my Dad that I will take to the grave. The gameplay is superb with great levels and a phenomenal soundtrack. The story whilst weak, is very interesting and will engross you for the entire game. This is one of the few games I will consider a masterpiece.
  54. Dec 11, 2015
    Valve needs to make something more like this. Indeed a masterpeice. Exited for HL3. With more physics, stuffs like that, makes this very unique. Best game.
  55. Dec 5, 2015
    Melhor jogo da Steam e o Melhor Jogo de Pc Melhor Jogo ja feito no Planeta Melhor jogo que o Deus Gaben fez Melhor Jogo que ja existiu no planeta terra
  56. Dec 1, 2015
    Here is a game that I still play in 2015. The game is absolutely fantastic and it gives you the feeling of being an outlaw to the powers that be. If you like a dystopia meets alien invasion meets fps shooter meets puzzle game then you will love this game. Here's hoping that Half Life 3 comes out in the next century!
  57. Nov 29, 2015
    Shortly before typing this review up, I had completed Half-Life 2 for the first time. As a modern gamer who has played most of the top-rated games out there, I was curious about this title. Gradually, it blew me away

Initially, I thought that the game was overrated. Considering I haven't played Half-Life 1, the game was a bit unappealing. Take that with the gunplay being a bit on the plain side, and I thought I was in for a long haul of datedness. I deleted the game and forgot about it for months. But when I played it for the second time, its constantly thrilling gunplay, well-made levels, weird & wonderful creatures and lively animations opened up to me.

The game did many things opposing the norm: no cutscenes, physics-based puzzles in an FPS game, and ahead-of-its-time graphics and mechanics. The physics are still better than most games today and killing hundreds upon hundreds of enemies doesn't get repetitive as you might think because of it.

Its story polarized me. Upon perusing Half-Life 1's synopsis, the story became very interesting. I just wish there was more of it. The game seems to focus more on gameplay and environments, as you blast and drive your way through the Combine. Speaking of that, the universe boasts a fascinating backdrop that treats its audience intelligently, letting you figure out the state of the world yourself. That's something you rearely see in games before or since HL2 came out.

I agree that Half-Life 2 is one of the best FPSs of all-time, and to an extent, one of the greatest overall games. On the other hand, I do think that people mostly attribute this because of HL2's revolutionary influence. I know you can say the same about the film Citizen Kane, but I think that films don't get as dated as video games, since they are not virtually produced. I may not think that this game is top 10-20 worthy, but I have put it in my top 40 almost instantly, just like how I completed the game. The game does grab you, and surely enough, the experience is nearly as powerful as a headcrab grabbing you. You try to run, but the thing leaps on to you, and you're stuck in its immense grasp.
  58. Nov 22, 2015
    Geriausias visų laikų žaidimas, ką čia daugiau ir bepasakysi... Net ir šiandien lygių jam, praktiškai nėra. O gaila, galėtų sukurt kažką tokio kaip Half Life 3...
  59. Nov 19, 2015
    Half-Life 2 has a great storyline, interesting characters and decent graphics for 2004. What the game lacks is voice for the protagonist, much like GTA 3. Half-Life 2 also has some hard puzzles that I couldnt solve that took alot of time. Half-Life 2 also has a free add-on, a tech demo "Lost Coast". Half-Life 2 is a great game, even though there is a few hard puzzles and the Source engineHalf-Life 2 has a great storyline, interesting characters and decent graphics for 2004. What the game lacks is voice for the protagonist, much like GTA 3. Half-Life 2 also has some hard puzzles that I couldnt solve that took alot of time. Half-Life 2 also has a free add-on, a tech demo "Lost Coast". Half-Life 2 is a great game, even though there is a few hard puzzles and the Source engine dosent age, so this game is worth buying. Expand
  60. Nov 14, 2015
    Timeless. Still fresh and original in 2015. Excellent art design, innovative levels, immersive story line, great sound & voices, bad ass music... classic FPS absolute gem, The best one to date imo. This blew my mind when it came out. If any one game deserves a straight 10/10, it's Half life 2. Do yourself a favor and grab a copy of this (or the orange box)
  61. Nov 14, 2015
    Half-Life 2, what to say? It's been out for over 11 years, what else is there to say?

Graphics 9/10: For a retro game made in 2004, the graphics do hold up well. Despite being very, very dated. GamePlay 10/10: So Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter, but like the original Half-Life, it's not just, "Oh I gOt AlL tHe NoScOpEs!!!!" It's fun, encourages exploration, and the A.I. Is

GamePlay 10/10: So Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter, but like the original Half-Life, it's not just, "Oh I gOt AlL tHe NoScOpEs!!!!" It's fun, encourages exploration, and the A.I. Is amazing.

Story 8/10: It's good enough. Basically this alien race known as the Combine wants to eradicate humanity.
    Simple as that.

Sound & Music 6/10: Is this really that important? I mean, the sound-track is good, but nothing special.

Multi-Player N/A: Half-Life 2 has no multi-player, so it wouldn't be fair to rate.

Overall, Half-Life 2 has held up very well over a decade, and is very fun to the end.
  62. Nov 13, 2015
    Best game ever. Graphics and physics from 2004 and is still better than a lot of games. And a cool story. I hope Valve will make Half Life 3 someday...
  63. Nov 12, 2015
    I do not enjoy this game that much but i do understand how people do enjoy it.
    I think it is overated but is by no means a bad game.
    Overall a pretty good game
  64. Nov 9, 2015
    After many years this game still makes me play it, Its amazing how it makes you feel special like youre the chosen one and the story that makes you wanna save humanity from those aliens that are destroying our homes the beauty of the graphics and easy and fast learning mechanic's its overall the best game 10/10.
  65. Nov 8, 2015
    This game rocks. Nice character and nice story. I like that you can take things and can throw that at enemies. The only thing that is not so good is that are to many loading sequences but does not matter. It is worthwile in any case anyway.
  66. Nov 2, 2015
    One of the best games ever even after 10 years of the release. The graphics, the physics, the caracters everything is perfect in this game. Hopefully the 3rd part will be announced soon.
  67. Nov 1, 2015
    When half life 2 came out (2004) i wasnt into video games , in 2014 i wanted to see why all the people talked so much about this game so i played and they where right, this game is amazing and also i understand that even today a lot of games that came after steal/borrow a lot of things from this game.
  68. Oct 31, 2015
    this game is one of the best games ever made, words cant describe the beauty of this game,gameplay,story,atmosphere all 3 in 1 and more please buy it it is a fine choice
  69. Oct 30, 2015
    Best Game Ever !!!! Song:10/10, Graphics:10/10, History:10/10, ALL:10/10.... Buy this game and i wait you review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i Love Valve.
  70. Oct 27, 2015
    Very addictive game. Graphics, gameplay mechanics still better than games of 2015 year. This game tasty like roasted bacon :D Must have in your game collection. GOTY 4EVER
  71. Oct 26, 2015
    Guys just admit it,this game is overrated,It has a boring story,characters look awful,little enemies,nothing to see here. I was really dissapointed that this game is so bad. Such a shame for PC.
  72. Oct 14, 2015
    Freakishly addicting, advanced physics engine, miraculous sound design and voice acting, ZERO annoying cut-scenes, the freaking-gravity-gun, Antlion army, Alyx, the tour of the citadel, action, horror, mystery, twists, more than 12 hours of non-stop action, puzzles, killing and planning... can see how it's the greatest game of all times.
  73. Oct 12, 2015
    Half-Life 2 was the only game that has ever made me cry because it was so beautifully made. I can say with honor that this game has TRULY changed the way I think and has changed my life forever. I want to thank valve for this truly glorious title and hope that they bring Half-Life 3 to the table in the future.

Praise GabeN.
  74. Oct 4, 2015
    One of the best games ever :) Everything is great. The AI is one of the best os all times, the graphics are amazing even now, the physics, well, brilliant. Valve is one of a kinds in video games
  75. Sep 25, 2015
    The most overhyped game ever. Much worse than the original, instead of the varied aliens, you will mostly face human soldiers. Boring. On top of this, levels are counter-intuitive, easy to get lost and not find the way forward. Black Mesa in HL1 was an exciting place, compared to that, the levels are bland and uninteresting. Play the original instead, that is much better.
  76. Sep 11, 2015
    This game, OH MY GOD, this game is really the best game ever made in video game history. If you hate this game then you aren't a real gamer because this is game of all years! Nice graphics, fun gameplay, good physicals, and just overall really fun as ****
  77. Aug 17, 2015
    Still the best FPS of all time even after 11 years, the story, gameplay, even graphics but that is the least thing you need to worry when you have all this. Oh also some puzzles were very hard to complete when I played the game first time, know I have lost count how many times I have played it :)
    P.S. Still waiting for HL3
  78. Aug 2, 2015
    Fantastic atmosphere, great graphics that stands the test of time, great storyline, intelligent puzzles and a lot of action make Half-Life 2 one of the best FPS games ever. I liked the classic first part too but this is the one that really made me a fan.
  79. Jul 12, 2015
    Half-Life 2 is an absolutely amazing video game by all standards. The first installment of the series alone was ground-breaking, and the addition of Half-Life 2 only adds to Valve's reputation of delivering riveting story. Although the Half-Life franchise is not what brought the idea of first person shooters to the market, it is sure well known for it's delivery and performance in the FPSHalf-Life 2 is an absolutely amazing video game by all standards. The first installment of the series alone was ground-breaking, and the addition of Half-Life 2 only adds to Valve's reputation of delivering riveting story. Although the Half-Life franchise is not what brought the idea of first person shooters to the market, it is sure well known for it's delivery and performance in the FPS category. Half-Life 2 is also enjoyed widely not only for it's first person aspect, but for countless other reasons, a big one being the soundtrack. Expand
  80. Jul 5, 2015
    I played this game 11 years after release and it is amazing. Now I understand why is it called one of the best(if not the best) first person shooter on PC. Must play for PC gamers.
  81. Jul 1, 2015
    One of the best FPS games ever made,the Source engine seems nice even in 2015.THE STORY is brilliant. Half-Life saga is the best set of games ever created.
  82. Jun 28, 2015
    Half-Life 2
    The standard for first person shooters
    Hype can ruin your experience with a game. The higher the hype, the higher the expectations, and rarely does anything live up to it’s hype. Half-Life 2 however, does. Half- Life 2 is a near perfect first person shooter with star wars level of innovation. I didn’t really understand what was going on in the game and why it was going
    Half-Life 2
    The standard for first person shooters
    Hype can ruin your experience with a game.
    Half-Life 2 however, does.
    I didn’t really understand what was going on in the game and why it was going on.
    The story and its characters couldn’t keep my attention at all, everything pertaining to the story seemed so generic to me, luckily though the gameplay is good enough on its own to take you through the 10 plus hour journey.
    Half-Life 2 is a very linear game, but at the same time every section of the game feels connected, it feels open world… you hardly ever feel like you are bread crumbed to the finish.. When you find passages you feel like it was your work, when really the game cleverly got you there with its carefully constructed design.
    The pacing is nearly perfect
    you’re slowly hand fed new weapons..
    you’ll get to a point in the game where you’re introduced to a new weapon and then instantly have to use it for what its intended for, this is a perfect way to get you accustomed to and comfortable with everything at your disposal and prevent you from wasting unnecessary ammo.
    There wasn’t one weapon or item given that I wasn’t thankful for or that I didn’t find useful.
    This is great considering you’ll find yourself in some spots out of a particular set of ammo.
    The game play is also varied, so you’re not quite sure what to expect.
    Some games find a formula and stick to it.
    Half Life 2 doesn’t do this
    one minute you’re playing a stealth shooter, the next moment you’re playing call of duty style taking out troops, and 2 hours later you’re cruising through the world with vehicle based combat only to end up at a horror game style section
    This variation keeps the game from ever feeling like a grind, but at the same time the stress is kept at a near maximum.
    You won’t find too much challenge outside of the final few chapters, but the constant feeling of survival mode will definitely have you stepping away for a few hours or days.
    I now understand why everyone wants half-life 3 so bad.
    I loved climbing through every hole not knowing who or what would meet me on the other side.
    Half-Life 2 is a must play for gamers to experience the magic every developer has been chasing since 2004
    For what it is
    First person shooter – 9.5/10
    Overall: 9.5/10
  83. Jun 28, 2015
    Amazing game, it has great first person combat, great characters, great story, great variety of guns and still awesome graphics after over 10 years. A little repetitive at times though.
  84. Jun 23, 2015
    Nothing can rival this game, it's storytelling was amazing and perfectly pased. The graphics still stands strong to this day, the textures are amazing even today.
  85. Jun 21, 2015
    Please buy this game. it will benefit you and everyone you know by opening your eyes and teaching you about how great of a medium gaming can be if done correctly.
  86. Jun 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. >Walk a bit
    >Get suit
    >Shoot Combine Soldiers
    >Shoot Zombies
    >Shoot more Zombies
    >Shoot Combine Soldiers
    >Wait Alyx to finish talking for seven thousand years
    >More shooting
    >Shoot shooters
    >Shoot large-ass things
    >Shoot Combines
    >Shoot Combines and Zombies (COMBO)
    >Shoot large-ass Monster
    >Shoot uhh.-things
    >Explosion
    >End
    10/10 would shoot again
    (no seriously, this is not a joke, the game is like that and it is great this way.)
  87. Jun 10, 2015
    Even though i played it first 8 years after its initial release, i enjoyed the game thoroughly due to its beautiful marrying of story-telling and pacing. Sounds simple, but most games (almost all) miss this masterful harmony in their gameplay. Half-Life 2 does not let you rest until you finish it - always on the brink, always hurried on, always on the move, and always inside the story -Even though i played it first 8 years after its initial release, i enjoyed the game thoroughly due to its beautiful marrying of story-telling and pacing. Sounds simple, but most games (almost all) miss this masterful harmony in their gameplay. Half-Life 2 does not let you rest until you finish it - always on the brink, always hurried on, always on the move, and always inside the story - i as a player loved the experience. Expand
  88. Jun 9, 2015
    Ok, Freeman is my nickname for all time, but Half Life 2 is the best game ever ! The GOTY of all years.
    Valve, please, I can't wait a new Half Life 3 ... !

I love you Gordon !
  89. Jun 8, 2015
    Come on, is a review even necessary? It's freakin' HL2! Game of the decade, game of the year, and ton of other awards. The gameplay and story are great and the graphics still hold up today. Gordon Freeman is a boss, the voice acting is damn good, the weapons are great, especially the Gravity Gun, and the game is fairly challenging.

However the reason that I think that this is the

However the reason that I think that this is the greatest game ever made is not even because of the game itself, but because of its impact on the gaming world. Few games have better modding communities than this game. Gmod, The Stanley Parable, Fistful of Frags, and many others. The same argument could be made for HL1, but I think that HL2's modding community is more prevalent than its predecessor.

You are not a gamer if you don't play this game, in my opinion. Unfortunately, Gaben will never give us HL3 because he is too busy eating cupcakes and having sex with Steam's sales figures to continue making games, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't play this game. I give it a 100/10.
  90. Jun 1, 2015
    A excellent game. it merges gameplay and story almost flawlessly. It has interesting and likable characters and it stills holds up very well even by todays standards. This is a must buy.
  91. May 29, 2015
    Just about to relive the game 11 years later, the one known only as Half Life 2 which impacted the whole gaming industry. Even to this date it has some amazing graphics, and there are some great standalone mods such as No More Room In Hell and Double Action: Boogaloo which are made off of it. All I can wish for now is a Half Life 2: episode 3 or Half Life 3...
  92. May 24, 2015
    After completing the first Half-Life I was expecting great things from the second chapter, and in fact I was not disappointed. If Half-Life was a revolution, Half-Life 2 was more a further refinement of that revolution.

The consequence of this is that Half-Life 2 is significantly better than the first chapter, which was already a masterpiece. The most amazing thing of Half-Life 2 is, of course, the gameplay: for an fps is just perfect. Already the first chapter was very advanced for its time, but Half-Life 2 went even further. One example is the way the game has used physics (thanks to the Source Engine) to offer one of the best weapons in the history of video games: the Gravity Gun. The Gravity Gun is the apotheosis of all that an fps has to offer. It is a crude but powerful weapon, fun to use and above all original. It is an example of how everything around you, in a game, is alive if you only try to touch it. This, by the way, is also possible without Gravity Gun, but without it is less fun. Another way of how Half-Life 2 has pushed beyond the standards is the introduction of puzzle elements, simple but fun, in a context with which apparently had nothing to do. Place some batteries to provide power to a gate and open it, may seems like silly but not in an fps game. Even using the Gravity Gun to take a rotating blade, or an heavy box, and launching it against an enemy is the art of using the enviroment as a weapon, and it is fantastic.

Other weapons that have gave an higher gear to Half-Life 2 were some like the Pheropods to control Antlions, or the Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle. It is so cool aesthetically. And the way it shoots, the way it recharge as well. The secondary attack was brilliant and was based on a fantastic physics and bounce mechanism. It was a weapon really fun to use. Last but not least important step forward made by Half-Life 2 (and soon followed by fps games came later) was the introduction of large open spaces where the player could really feel free to move, to experiment, to explore. The difficulty level was generally good and the enemy AI was great and when they were in large groups could get you in trouble. Just perfect as I said.

Personally I found the story of Half-Life 2 fantastic and also higher than the story of the first chapter. The setting in Eastern Europe was really beautiful. The game begins exactly from where the first chapter ends, but compared to the first chapter, Half-Life 2 has brought up more raw and human issues such as slavery, despair, infertility, redemption and hope. I appreciated very much the vision that the game give of Gordon Freeman: his fate, his stasis and his connection with the G-Man, his return as a prophecy, his eyes green as hope, the man who goes back and saves the day, a man of few words as Alyx Vance said, The One Free Man (nice language-game with his own name). All this just to describe one of the greatest and most charismatic characters in video game history. A special praise goes to other characters in the game such as the G-Man, Eli and Alyx Vance, Dog, Dr. Breen and especially to the Combine that are among the greatest villains ever seen in a game.

The graphics of the game was impressive at the time, and it was even 10 years later when I played it. The Source Engine realized everything perfectly, from the characters to the environments, from weapons to the shadows. But what amazed me the most was the detail in the faces, facial expressions, dubbing and lip sync that were just perfect.

Half-Life 2 is a majestic game. Valve gave one of the examples of what can be done when the videoludic art pushes the limits in all its forms. A timeless classic.
  93. May 19, 2015
    Pros:
    + incredible pacing/level design
    + well thought out world
    + solid controls
    Cons:
    - lack of soundtrack
    - lackluster story

Final score: 7/10, 3/5
  94. May 11, 2015
    You always hear about Half-Life 2 and the claim that it is one of the best video games to date. I decided it was time to adventure through this game and see what the fuss was all about. This game is incredible in just about every aspect. Story was great and the gravity gun caused for some hell of a good time. Enjoyable tossing a saw blade through the air to slice people in half. Sadly IYou always hear about Half-Life 2 and the claim that it is one of the best video games to date. I decided it was time to adventure through this game and see what the fuss was all about. This game is incredible in just about every aspect. Story was great and the gravity gun caused for some hell of a good time. Enjoyable tossing a saw blade through the air to slice people in half. Sadly I didn't play the original Half-Life so I was a bit confused with the story at first, a recap or something would of been nice to give the player a chance to soak in everything that happened previously. After reading a article on Half Life it made a lot more sense. For a first person shooter this game had a crap ton of jump scares and points to make me gasp. Turning around to have a headcrab naw into your face or a fast moving zombie jump at you. The amount of shotgun shells wasted in fear
    Good Points: Gravity Gun.How well you could interact with the environment.
    Bad Points: Where was that romance with Alyx >.>
  95. May 1, 2015
    As far as shooters go (I have become disillusioned with shooters), this was pretty decent. Good story, variety of weapons, level design and flow. However, playing for longer than a few hours made me slightly nauseous from motion sickness and I have only encountered a handful of games that made me nauseous. So adjust FOV/head bob accordingly.
  96. Apr 29, 2015
    Probably one of the greatest games ever made, for any platform when it was released - It still holds up in 2015. Absolute must buy for PC gamers. The graphics have aged a little, but the games strengths lay in the unparalleled level design and fantastic atmosphere.
  97. Apr 25, 2015
    Incredibly good. Can't wait for half-life 2 episode 2 or half-life 3! Everyone should get this game and play it at least once. The negative reviews are stupid.
  98. Apr 18, 2015
    The Quintessential PC game every person must experience. Not only is this one of the best game of all time story wise, but at the time of release this game was also ahead of it's time with it's groundbreaking physics engine and graphical beauty.
  99. Apr 17, 2015
    The gameplay was completely ruined by the fact it's only single player. How can you truly enjoy a game with your friends all by yourself? Let your friends WATCH you play? Absurd. Need same room multiplayer!
  100. Apr 12, 2015
    The definition of the modern FPS. The accurate physics, the smooth graphics, the intriguing story-line and this game its greatest aspect, the level design. My god... the level design! this game definitely is the pinnacle of level design. The only ones who come close to its level (pun intended) are games that almost solely focus on this aspect, such as puzzle games (looking at you, Portal).The definition of the modern FPS. The accurate physics, the smooth graphics, the intriguing story-line and this game its greatest aspect, the level design. My god... the level design! this game definitely is the pinnacle of level design. The only ones who come close to its level (pun intended) are games that almost solely focus on this aspect, such as puzzle games (looking at you, Portal). Speaking of puzzles, HL 2's few physics based puzzles are simple and effective at giving a brief relaxation after the intense skirmishes. Looking at the actual shooter aspect, HL 2 more than passes the grade. Aiming is done without much difficulty and you are presented with a new gun type after a while which keeps things a little more interesting. The only flaw I could find was that controlling the vehicles went somewhat awkward, but you can't blame a game as old as this for that. This game is a solid 10, it definitely is one of the best game I ever played. Expand

3. Playboy